Designers » R S » Floral « Groups

Clair de Musc Serge Lutens for women

Clair de Musc Serge Lutens for women
dislike

Clair de Musc by Serge Lutens is a Floral fragrance for women. Clair de Musc was launched in 2003. The nose behind this fragrance is Christopher Sheldrake. The fragrance features iris, musk, neroli and bergamot.

iris Musk Neroli Bergamot

White Musk
White Musk Collection Musk Pure
Chanel No 5 Eau de Toilette
Musc

Clair de Musc Fragrance Reviews

It's a strong powdery iris and musk scent. It could be very subtle and light skin scent, but there's also a more powerful part in it.
I totally agree with people who compare it with Chanel Number 5, there is some similarity between them.
A rich sophisticated powdery scent. I think it's in my top 5 favorite Serge Lutens' scents.

smalltownbeatnik
smalltownbeatnik

This is probably sacrilege but, to me, Clair de Musc is like a cross between a $10 bottle of Jovan White Musk and a $5 bottle of Body Fantasies Signature Fresh White Musk by Parfums de Coeur. It's a very, very pretty white floral musk, but is it worth $70+? No. I'm going to have to go with no.

EDITED TO ADD:
There are traces of Musc Nomade in the vegetal dry down of Clair de Musc. It really is pretty. But since I own all three of the afore-mentioned white musks, I think this is a hard pass.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Clair de Musc was released in 2003 and its name means "Clear Musk". Serge demonstrates what inspired him through the following words: "Lighter than ever, it holds out the promise of a caress. The musk walks in moonlight, a wild beast tamed".

Clair de Musc has notes of musk, bergamot, orange blossom petals, Tuscan iris, jasmine and sandalwood.
On the skin is lovely and feminine. On my mind, an idea sets this fragrance better than any other word: a young girl, who has always been a fan of her mother's perfume (Chanel Nº5), aware of its daring and peculiar sensuality, discovered a way to make it more wearable for someone of her age. Then, she diluted a few drops in a floral scented water, more innocent and childlike, and noticed that the magic of Chanel Nº5 was there, exactly how she felt on the skin of her mother, every night, when she embraced her at the end of the day. She realized that that perfume kept the presence of her mother all day long, without taking her innocence or report the source of her secret. A simple sprayed on each side of the neck was enough to keep the promise of a diary caress of her mother, when she gets home. Thus, born Clair de Musc.

Clair de Musc is adorable, it possesses a vibrant and powdery output, but soft. It is impossible not to remember fragrances such as Chanel Nº5 or other classics in the same style. It does not have a great evolution and loses power quickly, both with respect to the projection, as well as durability. Unfortunately, its musk is vegetable and too light for my taste. In about 4 hours, there is only a slight fragrance close to the skin, which does not seem to me to be an Eau de Parfum of Lutens surname, created for adult women.

I see myself forced to agree with Serge, when he says: "lighter than ever".

Cauda Pavonis
Cauda Pavonis

Cool, powdery opening. Heavy white flower (jasmine-like), very faint light wood (cedar?), really high end baby powder, peppery smell in the background; develops into cool white flowers, still powdery but tamed down; later powder dries down to pretty flowers and the aldehyde comes through.

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

This is a powdery floral with soft woods hovering around. The musk component is not at the forefront in my opinion. I have Schiaparelli Shocking and it's much more evident in that. Clair de Musc is sophisticated and stylish. Try it layered with Feminite de Bois - it certainly has a wow factor. It's very pretty by itself, but I have trouble with Lutens staying power, and by layering these two, I might have found my Holy Grail.

ayh210
ayh210

Soft powdery musk. Has a slight reminder of baby powder to it. It actually has a slight scent of newborn baby to it...it's almost angelic.

It's a soft sweet inoffensive fragrance. I'm more of a more is more person. So I'll take a pass. But if you're in an office environment or an environment where more is more is not encouraged, this might be perfect.

Longevity - 4 hours / Sillage - low

AlmalkiJeme
AlmalkiJeme

عطر مسكي نظيف جميل.. يستحق التجربه والاقتناء.. سعر مناسب ايضا
لازلت احترم سيرج لوتنس كثيرا فقلما يخيب ظني بهذه الدار الفاخره
عطر اراه مناسب للجنسين

Thesheppardswife
Thesheppardswife

I should state before I go on, that this is a perfectly nice frag. It is me not the frag that causes the issue. Scent evokes memories, like nothing else can.
At the beginning of Clair de Musc, I pick up the Chanel no5. Then it goes straight to the musk. It reminds me so much of Jovan's White Musk in the 1970s. Unfortunately it also takes me back the horrid awkwardness and confusion of being a teenager. I cannot get past those memories. Fragrances with large amounts of apple also do this to me.

Luccia

One of my standbys. It layers with everything and certainly many other SLs to great advantage. It lays a soothing hand on the brow under any difficult situation. It is soothing and beautiful in a gentle way. It's a beauty.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is a true delight of a scent. Delicate, slightly floral, powdery sweet musk scent. Makes me think of floating clouds its so light and buoyant. It isn't too strong but has a solid presence, lasting about six hours with medium sillage. You can smell it without holding your wrist up to your nose, which is frequently a problem with light musk scents. Just beautiful -- great for work or day time wear any time.

Dufteren
Dufteren

I am head over heels inlove with this scent. This is pure beauty, like that beautiful woman who does not wear any makeup, just combs her hair in the morning, and is completly oblivious about her beauty.

That is how Clair de Musc comes across to me, so effortlessly beautiful. Calm, clean and powdery, a natural beauty if one can say that about a perfume. I can not explain it in any other way.

Eos
Eos

Clair de Musc is my favorite powdery white musk fragrance on the market. It bounces between squeaky clean and animalic depending on the day. Some days it smells more like a creamy iris musk with bright aldehydic tones and other days the musk smells of the mysterious duskiness imparted by the neroli. On my skin, this opens with a distinct lily note which does not appear in the pyramid above. Additionally, I am surprised that neither vanilla or sandalwood are listed, I can clearly smell both in the musky base of this perfume.

For my preferences and sensibilities, Clair de Musc is a very enjoyable, wearable comforting musk. Perfect for casual wear. Longevity is very good, I can smell it for most of a day. The sillage is polite but after a couple hours, this becomes a skin scent. Seriously gorgeous stuff!

AnaIli35
AnaIli35

I was fortunate to have received some SL samples in the mail and have been wanting to try Clair de Musc, since I love musk and this is a HG to many. Unfortunately, it is too cold, aloof and aldehydic on my skin, likely because of the dominant iris (which doesn't work with my chemistry at all). Reminds me of EL White Linen and Chanel No.5, scents that are classic, elegant and well-made but simply do not suit me. Will possibly re-test but I'm glad I avoided a blind buy on this one.

christianne1
christianne1

The first time or two I tried Clair de Musc I felt like it was just another classic white musk and was too similar to The Body Shop White Musk smell (among others) that we all know so well. I found it hard to justify the price when there seemed like so many similar options out there for a much smaller price tag ......but now I feel differently.

I rarely wear it because I have way too many perfumes but each time I do, I find it more beautiful. And yes it does smell similar to many other classic white musks on the market but this one is extra special. It is so beautifully done. Not screechy or cold, it is smooth and comforting. While clean, it isn't TOO clean like that stark clean white linen smell...it has a slight woody earthiness to it. It is a classic powdery iris white musk but somehow doesn't feel as stark and cold, or sour, as some of the others. It is slightly sexy and the kind of scent most people would find appealing and not obnoxious or intrusive.

I grow to love Clair de Musc more and more each time I wear it. I have tried countless white musks in the floral white musk category as it is one of my favorite smells and find it to be superior to most of them. For what reason I can't quite put my finger on. It just feels more complete or something. Longevity on me is fantastic, can still smell it the next day. Clair de Musc doesn't really smell like "perfume". It is fairly casual and not something you would choose for a formal outing or anything like that. It is more like a comforting scent when you want to simply smell nice and not intrusive or distracting.

Q80
Q80

it's like a clean wet white sheets in the morning left out in the back yard to be dry by the sun light. i can slightly smell the flower notes and the similarity with white musk by Jovan. but when it dries down it's not that pleasant to my nose, i can smell a slight essence of Organic fertilizer in the background of that field. and honestly i don't know if it'll stay like that or will grown harsh!
it doesn't have the 24+ longevity as often SL stays for 7+ hours. it's good, but not that amazing as other SL masterpieces.

pi^2
pi^2

A thick powdery white musk. Simple but not simplistic. It has a bit of a sour tingling due to the citrus, so it's not too sweet. It lasts quite long on my skin, and after a while the flowers might start showing out of the musky mist, and then I really enjoy it. Otherwise I find the musk very dominant and so a bit boring, but it makes it nice for layering.

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

A musc drowned in powder.
Not a bad combination, yet somehow this smells too much like baby powder for me to truely enjoy it.
I like this perfume, yet I find it more suitable for a comfortable evening at home than for actually wearing it as a scent.

Pepperflower
Pepperflower

Clean, powdery, soft, graceful, and feminine. I imagine ballerinas, first snow fall and the last, soft fabric, and fresh laundry. There is also a slight lushness, moist feel to it im guessing from the neroli and bergamont although its not strong at all, I think just gives it a not so sharp smell to it; not a pure and dry powder puff. Reminds me of DonnaC Cashmere Mist without the suede. Stays around too and not just smiles and leaves like most powdery/clean/musky/soft fragrances. Beautifully done!

skylamor
skylamor

When I first sprayed this I immediately remembered the scent my mother wore in the late 70's to 80's called Jovan Musk, not the white one but the original. Claire de Music has it's own special twist but overall I smell musk and it's a bit peppery yet don't see that a note listed. It's growing on me... It also reminds me of Si Lolita by Lolita Lempicka a little which is also a peppery scent.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

A long-wearing, sophisticated, beautiful musk perfume for women.

As a new wearer of Lutens, I am alternating between this and Fille en Aiguilles. They are on opposites of the scent spectrum which is why I chose them, and why I love moving between them.

This struck me, straight away, as the perfect way to accentuate an outfit:

at a gallery opening
a networking event
a date night
any formal or special occasion

But it's just as easy something to float around the house wearing on a day off when you've only got washing to do and good books to read.

It's delectable and each note's composition together makes for a vanilla kind of redolence. Makes it feel edible, but without needing tonka or an actual vanilla note added to it. Clever.

As I grow older (I am twenty nine this week) I am finding myself gravitating to the more offbeat, smokier, woodier scents, as well as orientals. I like smells that are intelligent, both in their scent and their composition, ones that you can intellectualise as well as romanticise. Lutens is promising here. Even the scents in the range I'm not particularly fond of have some unusual or striking quality to them. They are well-thought out elixirs, and beautifully drawn together.

I'm looking forward to adding a third one to my collection as an additional alternative.

These are scents for those who want to set themselves apart, and for true sensualists.

DragonflySparrow
DragonflySparrow

This is pure cream and powder, clean and dry. I'm in love. Soft, CREAMY, delicate musk with long staying-power when / if sprayed on clothes. The iris note rounds out the musk and creates a fluffy, soft pink (?) aura. I think Jovan White Musk would be it's very nice 13-year-old little sister. Clair de Musc would be the confident-in-her-own-skin 29 year old sister who has it all - beauty, brave-innocence, intelligence, and that certain... girl-next-door-men-want-to-marry sorta vibe. LOVE this scent. Note that it does have a sort of "dirty" note in it... Sort of a warm-powder, animalistic scent permeating the dry-down. When it's on my wrist, I can't stop smelling!!! It's like I accidentally (yet happily) fell into some creamy, powdered vanilla cake and just dusted myself off, leaving this wonderful, warm powdered (unsweetened?) angel-cake cloud in my wake. Does not last very long on the skin though, but it certainly stays potent if you spray on your clothes. Very lovely and intimate. If you wanna smell like an earth-angel, this it THE ONE. (And guess what?! I have finally found my grown-up signature scent: Clair de Musc by Serge Lutens. Hooray!!! My search is over thanks to Fragrantica.)

Lana148
Lana148

Starts with Neroli blossom mixed with light musk. Iris is almost undetectable. At the dry-down musk stands out more and it starts smelling soapy on my skin. Overall, it is nice daytime, safe, diluted musk fragrance. Nothing spectacular for me, just nice.

Jenavira
Jenavira

It must have been quite a shock when Serge put this little delicate musk out but now it has been out for quite awhile, in fact in the Serge Luten's collection it is actually a bit of an oldie.

Clair de Musc is a pure clean creamy little musk that is practically like putting on a clean downy white robe. It is comfortable and clingy in with way your favorite worn out cotton bedtime t-shirt feels but Serge makes the point of making sure it has no out of pointed edges, rounded like mother of pearl this scent is all about comfort. I feel like he created this little musk to flabbergast his audience and it does but strangely I suspect it has quite a little following.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I am NOT a fan of musk but I have to say Clair de Musc is exquisite. Beautiful light musk fragrance that cheer up my senses. I smell the musk with the Iris and it makes a beautiful combination. This fragrance should be unisex. I am male and I love it. It lasts a very long time on me 6-7 hours and maybe more.

amyewest
amyewest

there's a super brief hint of some kind of gorgeous floral musk at the start, but after that 1/2 second or so, it's just pure powder on me. Pleasant, but not of any particular interest to me. Little sillage and moderate longevity.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

Opens with a real blast of confused "perfume". This fades into a powdery note, without much feel of the musc that I was hoping for. Yes, this is a clean musc fragrance but I don't enjoy it as much as Il Profumo Musc Bleu.

Fragrantlife
Fragrantlife

I am not a huge musk fan. In fact, for years, I intently avoided musk fragrances. Based on my '80's formative olfactory years, it always smelled cheap. Then I discovered Narciso Rodriguez musc, Eau de Parfum intense, and I just fell in love. So I started looking for other musk, and found SL Clair de Musc.

I put it on my hand and spent some time deciding what I really thought of it. Nice, but indeed very musky, I thought. After a couple of hand sprays tries, I decided to go the full way... And sprayed it on myself...

First thing I know, my husband is saying (unprompted) "wow, you smell nice". Coming from him, it's a huge endorsement. Then my daughter, ever the clever critic, goes "yes, this is really nice". In both cases, it was interesting how niceness was prominent. Nothing less, nothing more.

And, this is how I feel about it. It is very nice in an easy and enveloping sort of way. I still am not a huge musk fan, but I've learned to appreciate how reassuring it feels. SL Clair de Musc is very tame compared to other SL fragrances. And I am not sure it is that much different from other musk perfumes (at least the ones I can think of -- and I'll admit to being a neophyte in this respect). But, yes, it is very nice, in a non-threatening kind of way.

On me: It opens with a small bang, but proceeds to settle within 10 minutes. Thereafter, it becomes a skin scent, musky, with a slight powdery (Iris) vibe. The high quality ingredients make it a pleasure to inhale.

update: Clair de Musc has definitely grown on me! I now regularly reach for it and, every time, I find it prettier than the previous time. The warm weather releases some new delicately floral notes previously hidden, making it even more enjoyable.

jht4060
jht4060

Serge Lutens Clair de Musc is from the light side of the Lutens palette, almost a musky skin scent after the first hour or two. In the top there is a gentle blend of neroli and orris lying on top of a lightly animalic musk. The floral notes fade fairly quickly and what is left is an ethereal and radiant skin scent. To my nose this base is not a clean soapy smell - there is sharp civet-like note that persists all the way to the end, though it is subtle enough that you might not notice if you aren't paying attention, or if your olfactory sensitivities are different from mine. For those of you who wear this and think it smells like nice clean white musk soap - beware! ... you are projecting a subtle invitation to take a roll in the hay.

Sheldrake and Lutens consistently make the most amazing niche scents, but there is a candied-fruit and dark spice note that lurks more or less in the background or foreground of most of their perfumes. Only a few of their releases are completely devoid of the patented Lutens aura, and Clair de Musc is one of those. What a pleasure.

Big.Bello
Big.Bello

musky powdery soapy light soft unisex

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

On me this has amazing longevity and decent sillage. It is clean and calming. Clean, but never sharp or soapy, there's still enough of the animal in Clair de Musc to keep it both soft and interesting.
The fantasy scent of a soft grey cat.
There is also a radiance in this perfume, a ray of moonlight. Neroli combined with musk perhaps?
The iris offers a subtle buttery and earthy sweetness. Human skin, only better.
Clair de Musc is one of those perfumes that does not smell "perfumey", yet it does smell luxurious. On days when I do not know what to wear, but just want to smell good, more than good, I reach for its grey florals and furry musk.

bettybluebell
bettybluebell

Clair de Musc has a nice high end French soap quality with a filmy air of florals and musc. It has a ghostly character in that it is there, and then it is not, and then it is back again. This is definitely not for those who want a bold powerhouse of a fragrance. I would say this is polar opposite of Tubereuse Criminelle. Still a very lovely and feminine and clean musc, with a mellow presence.

antfarm
antfarm

This, on me, is a more polite and innocent Muscs Koublai Khan with a teensy bit of iris added in.

It's not a clean musk on me--it's slightly animalic and really doesn't have any sillage. Sometimes I can't smell it at all. Clair de Musc is calming and one of those non-perfumes.

evacecilias
evacecilias

I was soo surprised that my Clair de musc was not green as in the picture above...
Checked closely and - the bottle above is Miel de Bois !
Because mine is clair, the clearest musc but have very little or no sweetness.
It gets more of the musc I was hoping for ,as hours pass...but next to not able to smell it after some time. It is as most of musks are, resembling both Jovan musc oil and Body shop muscs. I really love musc, but If I had to choose , I love white musk by body shop moore. This will not sparingly but certainly be splashed for the cosy staying at home times, or be layered with another scent somehow. This by itself would really work in the nursing occupation, were usually non, or little perfume are required.
Well done, but soft for beeing a Lutens....
Sorry but swapped...

Update 21/8 2014
- hey ! It's not green anymore...
★★★

Majesty
Majesty

I wore my Clair de Musc sample today and I found it so lovely and innocent. Mostly musc with a hint of iris.It's so smooth,clean,provides the sense of well-being. It is ethereal,innocent like a little child.I really enjoyed wearing it.It is feminine,tender,noble and delicate.Very nice if you want clean skin type of scents.Your own skin but better!Very good lasting power,sillage is moderate,I think that leaves a trail!

Cereza
Cereza

This is all about iris and musk combo on my skin. People usually expect something "extremely clean" and "skin like" when they try out a musk dominated perfume, but with "Clair de Musc" the case is a bit different.
I usually do not like fragrances dominated by iris, but here it's simply lovely. It's powdery and old-lipstick like and together with musk makes this a bit sharp and soapy.
Even though most people say that this is soft and easy to wear, I don't think that it actually is - it's very strong, the silage is all over the place and the iris plays a very strong role, the soapy part is a bit sharp, so it does not feel so clean.
Easily could be worn by both sexes, but because of the floral part might suit females better.
Overall - a good and high quality musk fragrance one could expect from Serge Luten's. Worth a try to see if this different take on "clean musk" works on your skin.

I go in and out of musk phases. Only recently I got the sudden urge to test more musk fragrances, so when I happened to come across a tester of Serge Lutens Clair de Musc, I liberally sprayed it on my skin in hopes that I would fall in love.

I don't love Clair de Musc, but I do like it. It's a fairly basic musk scent, with soft, floral undertones, which makes it a tad more feminine than other popular musk fragrances. On the skin, it strikes me as being more clean rather than animalic.

Clair de Musc is quite inoffensive, which may come as a surprise, seeming that Serge Lutens very rarely makes fragrances on the soft side of things. It's a sure crowd-pleaser, however as others have already pointed out, there are similar musk scents out there, and for half the price.

I can smell the white musk accord from beginning to end. It's smooth, clean and slightly crisp. A bouquet of green iris and neroli sits lightly under the musk, presented in the subtlest way possible.

Due to its simplicity, I don't see myself buying a full sized bottle. I would happily wear it from time to time, but I don't enjoy it enough to fork out the big bucks to own Clair de Musc. You'd have to be really enthusiastic about musk in order to buy it blind.

Although the sillage is fairly light, the longevity is good, as most Serge Lutens are. It's polite, feminine and soothing. I think it would make an excellent bed-time scent.

persefoni
persefoni

This is a well-blended soapy-iris-musk smell.. Really nice, quite long lasting, soft to the nose but not faint, much better than jovan's and bettina barty's musk, in my opinion.

If they can make a scent like this without animals dying or suffering (i.e. if they can produce it purely artificially), then one can wear it with light conscience ;)If not, stop making it...

-trivia: in a serge lutens pamphlet the ingredients are slightly different and i quote: Body: powdered musk, plant-based musk, hibiscus seed .
Luminosity: Bergamot, neroli petals.
Fluidity: Moroccan rose petals, spice carnation, white jasmine
petals from Morocco.
Irisation: Tuscan iris powder, Mysore sandalwood powder.

hellkat
hellkat

This was a pleasant surprise for me. As I said before, I was so overwhelmingly in love with Chergui at the time, I barely acknowledged Clair de Musc and Datura Noir at the time. But what I DID like about Clair de Musc is that it reminded me of my grandmother.

Not in that dusty-old-lady/Miss Havisham/wee-and-biscuits kind of way, but more in the era of when real furs were okay to wear and women wore 3" heels were thought of ask risque. My grandmother used to sometimes give me her old handbags to play with, and they smelt of face powder, Chanel No. 5, and traditional old-fashioned rouge. Clair de Musc doesn't smell at all like Chanel No. 5 (another of my FIRM favourites) ... but it reminds me of my grandmother's presence in my childhood, which was so large. I am certain that it will be a part of my regular wardrobe.

naapio
naapio

I received this perfume as a gift from my husband, it was a blind buy because I had never tested it on skin. When I first sprayed this on the same evening I must say that I was disappointed. The first phase smells startingly like expensive body lotion; greasy, powdery and musky. The next morning I woke up and wondered what on earth could smell so divine - then I realized that it was me! After sitting on my sleep warmed skin for the night the perfume had developed to a soft, slightly fruity brigtness. I don't know how to describe the scent, in addition to the light muskiness it also reminds me of the taste of translucent gummy bear candy - sweet but not sugary, fruity in a nondescript way, perhaps a hint of pineapple.

I really enjoy the second stage of the perfume but can hardly stand the opening, so for now I layer this with another perfume that covers some of the greasiness but fades away before the best part starts.

spumyland
spumyland

Classic ,soapy,crisp,good bergamot at first.for me this is masculine.
nothing surprise.
good sillage.
good longevity.

fanny
fanny

A Lutens Light for everyday use, like wearing a modern platinum jewel: sumptuous yet modest.
The most sophisticated musc scent I ever met.

Matin
Matin

A very light , slightly cooler subtle musk. Very comfortable, but not too dusty. A thin veil over the skin. For me this "musk" is great , pure , more subtle and cheerful than others i tried (more dusty and intense musky for me are not so nice and easy to use on any occasion ) ... but the price :(

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

A lovely light musk, this is elegant and well-balanced. The musk is matched perfectly by sophisticated iris. However, it doesn't break any boundaries, and I'm not sure I can justify the cost compared with cheaper white musks.

delphine67
delphine67

Im wearing clair the musc today at work. It has to me a feeling like baby powder. very soft and yet clean. A bit like Zwitsal for babys. CDM is a casual scent taht I find easy to wear at daytime. Its a nice scent but I find it similar to lots of other musc scents.

Contessa01
Contessa01

Not what I expected from Serge. This is light and soft, a gentle daytime fragrance. I can see why this is so popular, its a pretty safe choice and somewhat mainstream. I do like it though and could see myself spritzing it on on a hot day.

mseidoom
mseidoom

Starts off smelling a little like Jovan White Musk. Then it's very soapy but a clean musky scent comes through. Hours later it becomes less soapy and the musk lingers. It's a very nice and clean scent.

lulllull
lulllull

The trail of an angel. So etheral and light. Like cottonbuds blowing in the air.

rikari
rikari

The angel's glance, which one all our sense gets it round. Stakes everything on one card, onto the musk. This component, which gets into the fragrances with synthetic production already today, is used in many perfumes, and gives the basis generally. The tickets do not separate from each other on the other hand here, and immediately sensible. Feature, that persistently, and nourishes the role personifying the femininity long, that my big surprise in placement like this does not make heavy. At the time of blowing my attention the refreshment in him the lemon touch of bergamot keeps it interested first, which is easy next with a veil, is buried in the soft tameness of the iris. From this the creation receives cleanness when we live our sweet dreams again at the time of an awakening, as reality. Than when the eye more purely, more sharply, and sees everything in more full colours. The charming celestial being's creamy dazzle is not over yet because the flowery one is quiet to a sound, joins now the neroli lace. This translucent and white dusty decoration showing skilled hands, as a bright edge weaves the vanilla mirror decorated with the smoke band of the santal, which the keeper known by the dream holds up to me. The mood continues in the mirror, and colours, the fragrance gave rise to it the row of pictures, while does not become quiet the strength of the musk. To feel this kind salutation of his the life long yet unforgettably, and for the beautiful one. The strength, and the energies of indomitable dynamism are not here on a sign. This is an angelic greeting. In affection to be our seed, which gives inner calmness in the cooler days, and restful rocks our tired mind to sleep, … than today, made this with me.

Levana
Levana

what i like about serge lutens perfume is that you can mix it, try to wear miel de bois and clair du musc at the same time. The sence is just ... Wonderfull! great mix

DawnLady3
DawnLady3

I recently bought a bottle of this after trying it in a perfume shop, and thinking it was very beautiful. Now, though, I am disappointed. It smells of strong musk, and to me nothing else. I think that I must have been wearing something else in the perfume shop that added to this, making it more interesting. Although it is a high quality perfume, I do not like it as much as the delicate Musc Bleu by Il Profumo, and it doesn't come close to the absolutely gorgeous Royal Muska by M Micallef, which has to be the most beautiful musc perfume available (unless you know better!). I regret the purchase.

veruska
veruska

A good although unexcited clean iris neroli fragrance with soapy musky undertones. I can easily wear it, but not very often

chance25
chance25

I find this perfume to be very womanly and sexy. I like how it wafts in the air, making you want to smell it more. I went fragrance sampling the other day and this was the ONLY one that lasted the entire day, also on another note it didn't change the way it smelled. For me this helps, as sometimes I can be sensitive to the dry down of many perfumes. Definitely worth the price tag and I can't wait to buy it!

Clear, crisp musk and nothing else. Pimentosugars is right in saying it would be silver, were it a color.

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

Clair de Musc is beautiful. It's sexy in a very refined way, ethereal and light. Is it so translucent it loses the point? I don't think so, though it is almost the anti-thesis of the traditional raw animal musk pong! Don't get me wrong, I don't mind smelling the occasional TRAMP, provided good behaviour is maintained:-), but this is so different and yet so evidently musk I am a bit in love with it. If it had a colour, it would be silver or clear. Lasts for ages, eventually gets a bit powdery, with a trail that's so clean it's almost soapy, in a very elegant way. It has yet to pass the boyfriend test, and then we shall see what I get for Christmas!

Clair de Musc by Serge Lutens 3.94 out of 5 based on 498 ratings and 55 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Serge Lutens Clair de Musc fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Serge Lutens Clair de Musc, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Clair de Musc by Serge Lutens. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Clair de Musc by Serge Lutens represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.