Designers » R S » Leather « Groups

Cuir Mauresque Serge Lutens for women and men
dislike

leather
smoky
Cuir Mauresque Serge Lutens for women and men Pictures Cuir Mauresque Serge Lutens for women and men Pictures

Cuir Mauresque (Moorish leather) is a perfume launched in 1996. It represents a blend of leather wrapped up in jasmine and sweet spices to make a true Arabian aroma. Notes: amber, myrrh, burnt styrax, incense, cinnamon, aloe wood, cedar, civet, nutmeg, clove, cumin, musk, mandarin peel and orange blossom.

It is available as 50 ml EDP. The nose behind this fragrance is Christopher Sheldrake.

Musk African Orange flower Virginia Cedar Amber Nutmeg Clove Cinnamon Styrax Incense Mandarin Orange Myrhh Civetta Caraway Leather Agarwood (Oud)

Knize Ten
Cuir Cannage
No3 Cuir Amber
Tabac Blond
Red Moscow Krasnaya Moskva

Cuir Mauresque Fragrance Reviews

Marino419
Marino419

I was initially taken back by this fragrance. Everyone complimented me, but I wasn't liking it. It wasn't until about the 5th wear when I really started enjoying this fragrance. I am now on bottle number two.

To me, this smells like what Knize Ten used to smell like. It is classy and elegant. Unlike Knize Ten, a woman can get away with wearing Cuir Mauresque.

I recently turned a couple of my friends on to this fragrance. Both purchased a bottle for themselves. It really gets good compliments. Especially so when you are dressed up a bit.

This is a perfect fragrance for a beginner that wants to step out of the citrus aquatic world. My two friends were exactly that. Everything they had was a citrus, aquatic and fruit concoction. This was a perfect stepping stone into something different.

I've since smelled and enjoyed a lot of Serge Lutens. This is still my favorite.

ChubbyPillow93
ChubbyPillow93

Typical Serge Lutens style.
Normally I do NOT have a love for oriental/balsamic perfumes, but this time I am going to give a thumb-up to Christopher Sheldrake.

Cuir Mauresque was divided into Leather group since it's a cuir-themed fragrance, but to be honest I didn't see much leather in it(compared to many other leather-leading fragrances) and I would rather call it Lutens-oriental.Extremely heavy and intense myrrh and clove, the sweetness of the balsam has almost overwhelm the leather note.If I didn't read the pyramid first, maybe I won't realize it is a leather-themed perfume.

However, the myrrh/incense/amber have created a magnificent and splendid ambience——and that's what Lutens truly good at.Just like a luxurious palace dazzling in the sunlight.For myself it's a nice one, but if you're looking for a realistic leather scent, pass over it.

Stevie.D.
Stevie.D.

I first tried this 2 years ago and couldn't stand the sickly sweet heavy mess it was. People looked at me funny on the train. I couldn't wait to wash it off. I imagined nobody but a powerful woman wearing this, like Meryl Streep in Devil Wears Prada. Now i have another sample and i find it very different. Quite masculine. Nothing but leather and subtle spice. Not sweet at all. Very enjoyable.

pravda48
pravda48

Waruna's review below me really says it all: I'll summarize my impression by saying as a 25 year old American woman in a hot, humid climate, I see no occasion where I'd want to smell like this myself.

Who do I see this on? A dark haired foreign man with a heavy accent, older than myself, surrounded by that exotic heavy spice aura I know from visiting Temple one Sunday with a friend, or from certain spice sections of stores specializing in foreign goods.

I quite like it, but I won't wear it!

waruna gomis
waruna gomis

Very Heady Amber,
Amber which was doused in a mixture of alcohol and aldehydes and stored in a thick and polished leather satchel. Satchel hangs in an old wooden barn with thick thatched roofs for a few months. Winter turns into summer.

The leather satchel was previously used to store some sweet red wine and later some oud. So these have rubbed off from the leather into the amber concoction.

It is unforgiving at the outset.
Difficult to smell the notes till the first hour passes.

Develops into a sweet resinous syrup, with the blowing of the wind, Stay out doors.

There is a white flower in the background but it is wilting away.

Reminds me of Arabia, of the dessert of the cool tents and the tea houses.

Where will I use it here in the tropical climate?

Scentmad
Scentmad

Leather fragrances are generally amongst my go to perfumes and this is heady with leather and spice. It opens with a luxurious worn and warm leather note coupled with a raunchy, sweaty cumin note. Glorious. It reminds me of the old version of (my much beloved) Tabac Blond that's been sexed up a little with the addition of cumin and clove. I am wearing this today and it's potent stuff indeed. I would say that it's more of a masculine fragrance however, as a woman, I am happy to douse myself in this creamy, savoury kick-ass perfume.

AZJeff
AZJeff

I just got a sample of this recently. I like it,but only a little. It smells like luxurious leather with the sweetness of honey or something else sweet. I do smell the leather in this, but not sure if it combines well with the sweetness in this one.
I think this would be a better choice for me in a leather fragrance that is sweet than "A*men leather" by Thierry Mugler. This is a little cloying and heavy when first applied but it tones down after awhile. This is a nice fragrance and it's masculine enough but it just doesn't work for me to wear for now.

nero77
nero77

The only fragrance Serge Lutens wears himself... Morocco in a bottle!

Cuir Mauresque or "Moorish Leather" is a very typically brilliant perfume creation from the house of Serge Lutens, under the direction of the brilliant Christopher Sheldrake.

The reason this composition is so brilliant, is because there is no leather in the notes! Leather "extract" itself does not exist in perfume making... much like the note of "amber", it is up to the perfumer to create the "illusion" of leather in a fragrance, and that is what Mr. Sheldrake has done brilliantly here.

The fragrance opens up with a beautiful, heady combination of orange blossom and cumin, with indolic jasmine and a hint of tuberose (similar to another Lutens creation: Fleurs d'Oranger). Then the nutmeg, cloves and "burnt" styrax come in, with a good dose of civet and resins, all of which creates the impression of a "leather" note... and what a note it is! The leather here instantly takes me to Morocco, where leather hides are tanned using citrus oils and sweet musks... it's really quite something!

Cuir Mauresque is a beautiful fragrance, if you want to "get" or "understand" what Serge Lutens is all about, this should be the first place to start. It will not be for everyone, but if you really appreciate the art of perfumery, you will see this one as one of his best, recalling the great leather "classics" such as Caron - Tabac Blond or Fracas. It's also very sensual and sexy in my opinion... and would smell totally seductive on any classy gentleman or lady. In fact, this is the only fragrance that Serge Lutens wears himself! Wonderful! For me, this is Morocco in a bottle...

sleepy*weasel
sleepy*weasel

Straight away: leather, musk. I love this. As it progresses a smoky note comes in, which must be the incense; still further, and the orange flower brings the tiniest of floral tinges to the myrrh skin scent which of course is very long-lasting. This is not for anyone who likes floral or crystal aldehydes, this is musky tack-room stuff which I would wear most days if I could. I'd buy it in a second. Just my thing :)

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on a decant. Cuir Mauresque shares some similarities with Bandit. Like most Serge Lutens, it's sweet and wears close to the skin after the initial blast. Longevity is moderate on my skin.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

I had so high expectations about this, I was thrilled and couldn't wait for a good old Arabian, dry and dusty leather. And instead... now, I don't know if I am having an issue going on with my nose, or if this has been reformulated, but I absolutely don't get the slightest hint of leather. All I smell is a creamy, powdery, waxy chypre accord with a prominent tonka note and some buttery floral notes - like iris sometimes smells. Which then evolves towards a more balsamic/fruity direction, still on a waxy base, so with a general "richness". Quite dense and baroque, not bad (but not good either, if you ask me), even almost slightly close to L'Heure Bleue, but... cuir? Anyone?

Vexel
Vexel

This is an unfortunate example of me having to put a fragrance into my 'no!' category because of how the cumin is handled. Beyond the leather it was the second note to consciously register in my brain. To me this is a simple math equation.

Cured skin (leather)+ cumin+ animal musk (civet note)= body odor accord.

I admit that I don't generally react well to the use of cumin or animalics in fragrances, and yet one of my favorite fragrances is Opus IV by Amouage which contains both so I clearly can come to appreciate them if handled in a particular way. I guess Cuir Mauresque just doesn't have that special something that makes them bearable to my nose.

I had to scrub it. Interestingly enough, the remnant on my arm was a fabulously beautiful leather. I'd venture to say that the leather accord here is top notch. Sadly I can't get past the above mentioned association and I felt uncomfortable when I dabbed it on at work hence my run to the restroom.

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

An old-fashioned potpourri like scent with a leather spine. My nose wants a little more citrus. A cherry like note appears in the shutdown.
Reminds me of a lot of bpal oils.

miracleborgtech
miracleborgtech

Gorgeous! This smells exotic, luxurious! Very rich as the different notes are highlighted. From the initial application to the dry down to the last hint hours later, the fragrance morphs from a spicy leather to a kind of powdery leather (maybe it's the incense). All stages of the transformation are smooth, although I prefer the spicy period on my skin.

hmarrachel
hmarrachel

What a fateful meeting. I went to the serge lutens display to smell Chergui, liked it but wasn't too head over heels for it, I picked up another bottle of serge lutens nearby...'Cuir Maresque', not something I had seen before, smelt it and wham! Instant love, no doubts. I did not even spray it on my skin, it was magic, that whiff on the tester strip had me taken so much that I bought an FB in 10 minutes. Only Carnal Flower has done that to me one other time. I'm surprised that I liked this so much seeing that I'm not into leather at all nor am I a fan of balsamic perfumes. I do not think this is masculine at all, unisex yes, feminine definitely. Its a sweet, warm delicious type leather...yes it does come across as synthetic but its a beautiful incensy and deep, intense fragrance. After a few minutes, the scent reminds me of walking into a Indian shop selling flowers for prayer and incense. It lasts pretty well on clothes and I haven't worn it on my skin yet but I don't mind if it doesn't last too long its a wonderful fragrance. It does smell familiar...if you know the smell of Melissa shoes, this is it in a bottle, but of course intense and sophisticated.

Krupp
Krupp

Now, THIS smell is masculine! My goodness. All other perfumes labeled pour homme could more correctly be labeled pour sissy, compared with this! Cuir Mauresque is the smell of Indiana Jones, the Marlboro Cowboy or the young Clint Eastwood. It is the smell of a man, who pulls his women in their hair into a cave, where they breed with primordial force, full of strength, life and steaming passion.

Certainly not a scent for business men, family fathers, metrosexual cityboys or men, who don't dare to take responsibility.

Q80
Q80

i wasn't impressed by the opening as it was a bit drawback, but when i gave it a good time to dry down it gave me quite an acceptable new italian leather moreschi shoes smell combined with an expensive rich & thick night anti-aging face cream essence but in a soft creamy way, so you can smell the leather only and you can smell both with the cream essence - it depends on your decision. it is quite a bit softy dark, now it's 17 and half hours since i sprayed it on this piece of paper, so i guess it lasts long but it is soft now.
a good perfume in my opinion with a reasonable price (around 130$ for 50 ml)

i do feel that it is the smell of a raw rice before being cooked or even washed! just a raw essence of raw Indian rice.

Edit (30th Jan 2016) one of my Friends bought this from their main shop in Paris, they told him this will be discontinued once the stock is finished, is it true? or they are saying this to sell more as other sellers does?!

hadassa
hadassa

Very lovely powdery leather.

The opening is a bit skanky, but not unpleasant.

Later on it becomes very powdery and clean on my skin, with a medicinal undertone, I guess it's myrrh. Not spicy on me at all, just smooth leather, Russian leather I would say, thick and tight.

Very long lasting on my skin, and with considerable sillage. I think it's unisex, but more on the masculine side.

willbear
willbear

wow what can i say ...... just in love with this lasts on my skin its just leather/spiced. i got a little sample for this wow is all i can say

cytherian
cytherian

I enjoy leather scents, so when I had the chance to sample this I had high expectations. Serge Lutens is a phenomenal niche brand.

Upon first application, there is a rather strong aroma of... leather conditioner. Not leather. You know, the liquid you apply to leather to condition it, that is often mixed with a fragrance of some sort. That's what Cuir Mauresque reminds me of.

The trouble is that this essence doesn't disappear shortly after the dry down begins. It lingers for at least a couple of hours. Eventually there is a nice leather quality... but in taking so long to get there, I'm left disappointed. Maybe I need an "association shift" in order to appreciate this fragrance. But given the cost, I'm not willing to try finding out. I'll have to pass.

amelie

Have to add, Cuir Mauresque is so sophisticated, slightly masculin at first, but if you wait an hour or two, you will feel the finest dry down. Chic and very deep, leaving an excellent impression. Somewhat of a scent for individuals, not like Bvlgari that pleases everyone, irresistibly charming. Don't get me wrong, I like Bvlgari. Cuir Mauresque is just a different approach to fragrance.

Cereza
Cereza

I am not a fan of leather, so I was surprised of how fast I fell in love with "Cuir Mauresque".
This is the most perfect skanky leather I have ever tried. Even though others have complained of no civet, I get LOADS of it, the opening and heart part is mostly made of civet + cumin and it smells very, very naughty, animalic and sexy. I believe that this could be very off putting for many, but it is very addictive to my nose. It dries down to a sensual skin-scent, leather + bits of civet.

I instantly added the FB to my purchase list, this is good stuff, unisex for sure. The only downside - after five hours it becomes hard to feel "Cuir Mauresque" :(

sky76sky
sky76sky

I love leather.

However, I have also realised that I am incredibly picky about which kind of leather I like (Kelly Caleche is a complete grapefruit/leather nightmare for me). I had high hopes as I love SL but sadly CM doesn't spank my chaps.

If you are the kind to enjoy high-sweet leather, tinged with dried fruits, wax, oils and heady candle-shop spices then you must try this scent.

If you prefer your leather to be sugar-free, dry, dark, dusty and stripped back to a more elemental basis, then you, too, may be disappointed here.

I still search for a smoky, salt & spices, rough & resiny leather scent. This is just too sweet for me, too much dried fruits, orange blossom and caraway.... and yet, I stand firm that this is another beautiful SL fragrance of opulence.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Cuir Mauresque was released in 1996 and its name means, in English, "Moorish Leather." Serge explains its concept, saying: " when the Moors occupied Cordoba, the leather acquired a particular odor: animal hides were tanned using acacia bark”.

Cuir Mauresque has notes of amber, myrrh, burnt styrax, incense, cinnamon, cedar, Civet, nutmeg, cloves, cumin, musk, mandarin peel, orange blossom, leather and Aloewood (of the Aquilaria genre, from which the oud is extracted).

And when we think that we have already felt many scents and nothing else will make much difference, Serge Lutens comes and surprises us. And, in these times, I realize that I do not even know 1/3 of what I would like to know.

With a heady output of nutmeg and amber, wrapped in the strong and known aroma of orange blossom, Cuir Mauresque took me to a trip through the corridors of the popular markets of Morocco.

This "tour" made through the spice stalls took the whole day, as well as the precise development of each note in this fragrance. It was as if I have added bags of different spices in a bigger shopping bag and, at the end of the day, this bag exuded a powerful aroma. And so came the hot and heavy heart notes, with cloves and cinnamon attached to the resin of styrax. And to finish filling the bag, were inserted notes of myrrh, civet and oud with raw pieces of leather, that haven't been dyed into the Moroccan tanneries yet.

The result is astonishing, strong and, in my personal point of view, very masculine. A typical aroma of the families' bosses who have 3 (or more) women and boast of the beauty and gold that they possess.

Projection and lasting power are excellent. I feel sorry for anyone who is close by with another cologne, because this one really stands out.

lloydbruno
lloydbruno

First of all, this review is based on a test done with a sample of wax, the scent myself, I have not had the pleasure of feeling, then perhaps there is some divergence and differences in the perceptions of those who already felt the perfume liquid.

At the opening of guy I feel the musk and orange blossom, which for now are prevalent, and accompanied by far from a subtle nutmeg. After about 40 minutes the leather begins to appear in the fragrance, becoming more imposing and dominant fragrance. It becomes a hot leather, spicy and sweet the notes of clove, cinnamon, incense and amber that are most obvious on my skin, and so it remains until the end.

He is almost completely linear, evolving very little skin, perhaps because wax sample, but this does not diminish their quality or merit in any way, I am biased because I love fragrances with notes of leather, but in my opinion it is very good. It's just a pity I have not felt or failing to identify the civet and the oud.

jaimex1979
jaimex1979

@Morticia... BUY IT!!! There's no way you'll regret it... It's sweet, it's leather, and it's long-lasting...

tora.routhier
tora.routhier

Four rugged cowboys wearing their still horse warmed chaps, come into the sun drenched library strewn with branches of orange blossoms, to sit and gain refreshment after their hard ride through the cedars and sage. They sip whiskey, and smoke. They crush orange peels as they release the fresh fruit into their thirsty mouths. Some nibble on the spice infused cookies, so sweet and full of taste. And some of them pick an orange blossom to roll in their fingers and they take deep breaths and talk of the future.

amelie

Cuir Mauresque is a bit cheeky, quite unusual, very intense...feels the tobacco note, although not listed. I have to wear it whole day, these were my first impressions. It's really intriguing.
edit next day/ refined, somewhat bitter, but ladylike, there is something irresistibly appealing...like it.

Kain
Kain

A great leather based fragrance with classic vibe at the opening and very beautiful modern leather scent in the dry down and base.
The opening is sharp, green and almost soapy leather scent which quickly reminded me of classic leather based fragrances like "Polo" by "Ralph Laurent".
The leather here is not smoky and dark. it's green and sharp/spicy because of clove note. as I said the opening reminded me of Polo but this one smell much better with better quality and more pleasant smell.
In the mid that sharp and green scent settled down and the scent become sweet (but not too much) and now the leather scent changed to modern scent. I can smell something like cinnamon as well and it's beautiful.
In the base you have a very smooth and beautiful leather scent which is sweet and a little smoky and it does have some animalistic feeling too but it's in the background.
Good projection and longevity.
One of the best from the house.

يه عطر خوب و خوشبو بر پايه رايحه چرم كه در ابتدا بوي كلاسيكي داره و رفته رفته بوش به سمت عطرهاي مدرن پيش ميره و در نهايت شما يه بوي مدرن چرم حس ميكنين
رايحه اوليه اين عطر بوي تند و تيز، گياهي و تا حدودي صابوني همراه با بوي چرم هست كه بوش منو تا حد زيادي ياد عطر پولو سبز انداخت. البته كيفيت به مراتب بهتري از پولو داره و بوي بهتر و دلپذير تر
در ادامه بوي تند و تيز شروع به محو شدن ميكنه و بوي عطر كمي شيرين ميشه و بوي چرم واضح تر و قابل استشمام تر ميشه كه اينجا ديگه كم كم داره حس عطرهاي مدرن چرم رو به خودش ميگيره
در رايحه پايه شما يه بوي شيرين دارين به اضافه بوي چرم كه به راحتي به مشام ميرسه و مقداري هم بوش تلخ و دودي هست اما خيلي هم قوي نيست و اين تركيبُ يه بوي حيواني ضعيف هم همراهي ميكنه كه يه بوي كثيف مانند بهش ميده. بوش حس خاصي داره كه بد نيست اما ممكنه هر كسي خوشش نياد
يه نظر من عطر خيلي خوبيه
پخش بو و ماندگاري مناسبي داره

kit1982
kit1982

Spicy Leather. Starts very synthethic, but wait for 15 minutes and you will smell one of the best best blend of spices, sweets and leather. Longevity on skin is about 5 hours but if you will spray on fabric, it will last at least 8 hours (from my observations).

Some say that the smell of this is very old, but I consider this as a classic scent that never goes out of style.

Recommended for cold weather, but also very suitable for a warm humid day in the tropics - and let it evaporate to create a cloud of leather goodness.

This is very heavy, so 1 - 2 sprays are enough. I suppose my 50mL spray bottle will last a long time.

Compare it with another great SL scent, Borneo 1834, side by side, so that you can easily detect the sweetness of CM.

Very nice!

angel6
angel6

I tried this on a paper strip yesterday, and I found it so strong and cloying, I'm glad I did not spray on myself, it's in the same line as tabu, youth dew and I really don't like them either. sorry not for me.

emily7
emily7

I have to say that I am rather amazed by the fact that no one yet compared Cuir Mauresque to another (in)famous civet classic - Bal a Versailles (EDT). I found so many similarities - especially at the top notes, but most importantly throughout the whole atmosphere... Well, I'll just say it almost blew the whole hierarchy in my consumerism poisoned mind; $33 (or less) Bal a Versailles against $100-something Lutens??
Hell yeah!
Now not only I must suffer the eternal doubt (and hellfire) of questioning the authenticity (and quality) of my latest Lutens internet purchase, but also my level of admiration for Mr. Sheldrake is broken beyond repair.
I am not blase - Cuir Mauresque is leather done exquisitely; it's spicy but smooth, unattached and dark all the way, with no tacky citrus, obvious rubber and retro-powder disturbing this sophisticated dominatrix fantasy. Still, in my mind it will be remembered as the one that made me realize what a piece of art Bal a Versailles truly is.

It's like; you read the book, no need to see the movie - it rarely gets any better.

Sorry, Serge and Chris!.. Hello Crystal Carrington! :)

If you like butch and sweet floral leathers, Cuir Mauresque is a terrific fragrance well worth checking out. Somewhere between Knize Ten and Tabac Blond yet no match for either.

Rating: 7.5/10

vdxl
vdxl

A lovely and syrupy leather-oud fragrance that was released before the oud-mania. It did evoke Cuir de Russie, but in a more modern way. Leather is one of the most sensual notes, and this one it is no exception: it smells like adventurous sex...

Eeyore III
Eeyore III

A posh, gorgeous sweet leather perfume. It's Cary Grant in a tuxedo and an orange-blossom bouttonaire, on a day in which he had reviewed--and rejected--a script for a Western, while being driven through the landscape of Provence in an open Rolls-Royce upholstered in fragrant leather.

To my nose, it does not have much in common with "Knize Ten," which has dry heart notes reminiscent of "Bandit," which are not only absent from the "Cuir mauresque" composition but which are antithetical to "Cuir mauresque's" sweet oudh-and-myrrh aspect.

"Cuir mauresque" is the moon behind a screen of clouds. It tempts, then turns away. Gorgeous.

My score: 10/10

fanny
fanny

Absolutely Fantastic.
Pure sophistication, not at al heavy.
A flowery leather with warmth from the amber and musc.
Reminiscent of Van Cleef de Van Cleef & Arpels, which I never loved as much as I love CM.
Absolutely Adorable.
A Musthave !!!

Okay, I'll do an edit on this one:

_______The Lutens Experience________

Incredible, oily, expensive and highly special.
VERY heavy _ I love it
AND plan on wearing it a lot

march 18 2012

Bandit seems a close relative, in a tobacco way..
april 09 2012

L'Heure Bleu also but in a warm sweet flowery way..
july 29th 2012

tonkabeanster
tonkabeanster

Eau de luxury car seat. A well-made, high-quality smoky leather that unfortunately makes me a little nauseous. Not recommended for the carsick-prone, but otherwise sexily butch.

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

a very light leather note in this scent, like a suede. The rest is spices. It smells a little like winter holiday season. Sweetness and cinnamon with leather and maybe a touch of musk. Not loving it as much as Chergui and some others by Serge Lutens. Complex and interesting at the least. Not quite the leather I had in mind, but nice.

It's almost redundant to say that a Serge Lutens perfume is intense, so let me say that CUIR MAURESQUE is *really* intense. Hold on to your saddle, cowboy, 'cause it's been very well oiled! The combination of sharpness, black oil, and leather makes CUIR MAURESQUE another big event perfume, by which I mean: you'd better not plan on getting a lot done when you don this action-packed potion. This is the sort of perfume which you wear not as a decoration but as your entire evening's entertainment.

Do I like it? I find myself, once again, in confronting a challenging creation by le Grand Serge, thinking that this is not an event which needs to be repeated very often, because the experience itself is so unforgettable. Like I said: *really* intense. A dark, oily, sharp black leather perfume about five times stronger than the competition. No one could possibly consume 100ml of this in a lifetime. Could they?

just_sara
just_sara

I hate this!!!! very very disturbing fragrance. The caraway is super strong in this. I have always hated caraway. No please! Just too much.
Scent evokes emotions.. also bad ones.
This is my second SL parfume tested. And I have to say, even though both were unisex fragrances. They smell like a drawer with lots of spices. I dont find the formulation sophisticated at all! Sorry

id
id

Too sharp, too oily, too much caraway. Too little cinnamon I've been expecting to feel. Even when it gets more silent, I wouldn't buy a full bottle of it. But I believe it could be perfect scent on a man. & Longevity is stunning - 13 hours on my skin.

FlacaBobo
FlacaBobo

I got this as a gift for our "leather" anniversary and it does not disappoint. Best cuir I have had. Strong, but dries very nice.

As I have read many times since receiving this most excellent gift, "originally launched in 1996, it is perhaps the quintessential Lutens: the master himself (Lutens) has gone on record saying he doused himself in on the rare occasions when he goes out. And considering the choice he’s got, that’s saying quite a lot."

Maestro Sheldrake strikes again.

myrrhmaid
myrrhmaid

If a fragrance is beautiful , exquisite and luxurious it is as much for any one of "the masses" who want it as any other. That is one of the most horrible thoughts I have read on here.

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

What a great Leathery and Exotic Spice scent this is ...
a Bona fide "UNISEX scent.
A man would be comfortable in wearing this as an evening scent. Like I did .
yet.....
I'd love to smell this on a well dressed woman ...
she'd have to be a very confident and mysterious one
much like this fragrance is ....
The mandarin peel and orange blossom with cedar notes listed are sooo subtle they are indiscernible.

The dry down is powdery and brings to mind
CHANEL - CUIR de RUSSIE
and a bit ...of
"CARON's Tabac Blonde"

I'll just say ......
Entertain Inspirations...... Embrace Decadent Cravings... Reward Yourself......

I'm reveling in all its sordid exotic scented ironies...

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

Unfortunately, this does not suit me at all, which is a shame as it smells so lovely in the bottle. It's way too leathery for my taste and the strength of the cumin is overpowering.

Kterhark
Kterhark

I've worn this a few times over the course of a month, and my take is... eh.

This does not open favorabley at all. I see below that others have picked up on the wet sock vibe, and unless I"m hiking I don't need to smell that.

About 30 min later it warms up and becomes an edgy leather, and this phase I like the best. It is certainly a comfort scent, with a bit of a spicy kick. But in the end, it's just ho hum for me. Knowing my preferences as I do I'm pointing at cinnamon as the deal breaker. I had a scent profile done, and this note came back as a no no. So check your history to see how well you've rated this note in the past.

I don't dislike Cuir, and I don't love it. It's just there for me, like a sock.

Aur-ha-kadosh
Aur-ha-kadosh

fantastic scent if lutens had not put a lot of cumin that 's not very noble spice to suit a perfume which is meant to represent fast of andalussy court !!
that cumin in this perfume breaks the magic !

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

CM is a soft, slightly spicy leather scent with absolute unisex quality. Being a lady I love to wear it myself but guys will make a great impression with it as well.
I have smelled some leather frags so far but they were often too harsh, too bitter or too animalic for me. CM is just right. Another wonderful mixture by Ch. Sheldrake.

hermione.al
hermione.al

At last I've got it from Salons du Palais Royale! It's the best Leather I've ever smelled, soft, and luxirious. God bless you, maestro Christopher Sheldrake!

BIG
BIG

smells of expensive leather sofa and leather bags. such an elitist frag! not for the masses!

Bapi
Bapi

Got two bottles of this from Paris by an uncle of mine who lives in UK, because it's not possible to go to Europe every year from South East Asia. I hope the 2 bottles would carry me for a year. It's THE LEATHER SCENT. Unbelievable. It'll hit the Liberty stores in UK on 4th Oct 2010, and will be found in all outlets nationwide from 18th October 2010. So, don't complain that it's only available in Paris.

guest_Hussain
guest_Hussain

best of the best it's my favorite frag cuir m damn but it's xclusive i got empty bottle i want to buy again