Designers » R S » Oriental Woody « Groups

dislike

I have it: 637 I had it: 111 I want it: 632 My signature: 15

cinnamon
Feminite du Bois Serge Lutens for women Pictures

Legendary Shiseido-Feminite du Bois will be a part of Serge Lutens collection during 2009, packed in glass flacons of Lutens' niche line. The feminine fragrance Feminite du Bois, which is sweet, woody, resin-like, opulent and of high quality will soon hit the shelves. It is composed of cedar, musk, vanilla, rose, orange blossom, ylang ylang and peach. This is the first fragrance created by Christopher Sheldrake with perfumer Pierre Bourdon, for Shiseido, and he is returning it to his collection now.

Virginia Cedar Cinnamon Plum Peach

Bois de Violette

Feminite du Bois Fragrance Reviews

angelayio
angelayio

I blind bought it and it arrived yesterday along with four complementary samples. Now I understand why SL has so many loyal devotees. Perfumery in another dimension. FdB is more than I expected. Is the feminine, sweet, dark, warm perfume I was looking for. I wore it last night and in the morning I could still get whiffs of it, so against my better judgment I boosted it with another spray and left for work. No definitely not,I don't think is a morning,everyday scent but for the moment I can't go with anything else. Perfect winter perfume.

PS I find Diptyque Tam Dao to be the masculine, more linear FdB. Still incredible resemblance.

Julie Billi
Julie Billi

I bought a tester from e bay with some more testers of Serge Lutens line....
My signature for spring and autumn is Fleurs D'oranger from the same brand....

When I tried this, my son loved it on me and I totally agree with him as I trust his taste 100%! A very good tasting and selecting young guy!

This is an autumn - winter masterpiece from Serge!
Cozy, sweet and syrupy but not cloying at all! You get the woods from cedar, so beautifully blended with gourmand cinnamon and sweet plums! It is warm and sexy not very loud but enough well mentioned by somebody closed to you!

My son also very well combined the smell of the times of his primary school... The smell of the freshly sharpened pencils in the class and the schools Christmas party with cakes around.... I totally agree!!

I love it!!

Kat von E
Kat von E

Feminite du bois has been my favorite and my one and only signature scent for years and years now. Close to 10 years, I think :). I was very picky about perfume and it was hard for me to find anything different and exotic. And then I found Feminite du bois, it was by Shiseido back then, and I kept using it over and over again. And then it was discontinued by Shiseido and I was lost... Then some time later a sales lady in perfume shop told Serge Lutens has his own brand and there is also Feminite du Bois, all natural, non synthetic. And off course more expencive :). I bought it, I loved it, but it didnt last as long on me anymore as the previous one from Shiseido. I still kept wearing it, but it seemed to lack some personality. And now a weeks ago I replaced my signature scent. Its not Feminite du Bois anymore, its Obsession by Calvin Klein. Its stronger and I loooove strong! Femite du Bois I still like.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

It's quite pleasant, but it doesn't seem like there's much to it. I'll have to give it a few more tries, see if it strikes me later.

shiva-woman
shiva-woman

Oh SL--I love you. I was a bit overwhelmed by Arabie; I love spices and woods and warmth, but have recently realized just how much I love Cedar--my "childhood tree" from the Sierras here in California. This is astringent and warm at the same time, cedary and sexy, with warmth from the apricot and more "subdued" spices than are in Arabie. It starts off on my skin smelling strongly of cedar and woods, and then the soft spices kick in with the woods in a mellow lingering musk with just a hint of dirt in it. I wasn't sure how this was going to go--and I'm already stocking up on this. This is the perfect scent for fall, winter and a brisk spring. I'm not sure how often I'd pick this in the summer, but it conjures up the smell of fall, a few chimneys with wisps of smoke, the green, the damp, the vegetation of summer's death and fall's sway with hints of ripe and fallen fruit. I love it. If you are "on the fence" with Arabie (which is fruitastic and raisins and woods), try this one, which is less spice (a lot less spice), but captures the wood in Arabie that I love with a hint of fruit (rather than a bludgeoning) and musk-wood sexy.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

This is a spicy fruity, mulled wine kind of concoction, that is sexy as hell. I am not big on the cinnamon, it can be a little overpowering, but once it settles a little, the result is really quite intoxicating.

Would suit the cooler seasons more, but would probably be delightfully heady to wear on a warm evening.

I don't know about the sillage, I feel this seems to be more of a private scent, one you wear for yourself and your lover. But if sprayed all over it might give off a spicy, enticing aura.

Will think about purchasing.

Little update: This really does last and last, and the spicy plum of it is seriously just sooooo divine! I've been wearing it a lot and really adore it - think it is my favourite in the line.

Worth your pennies for an original, sensual, pretty, yummy perfume! With a warm and elegant aura.

archivist
archivist

The resins in this are so sappy-fresh that they register as being coolly mentholated to my nose. I prefer my incense perfumes to be warm rather than cold, but for those who like the chilly stone walls this is a solid feminine alternative to Avignon, stronger than Messe de Minuit, and very linear. I am a fan of Serge Lutens/Christopher Sheldrake in general, but I think this new FdB is middle-of-the-pack when it comes to incense. Linear, not particularly masculine or feminine, androgynous, and not particularly evocative.

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

This perfume smells so much like Miller and Bertaux's "Parufm Trouve", Guerlain's "Energizing Arome Allegoria", and also shares a great deal with SL "Five O'Clock au Gingembre"...

I love all of these scents, but somehow feel a bit disappointed that what was said to be a legendary scent has so many "olfactory close relatives"...

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on their sample. Starts off with incense-like cedar then joins in by fruity plum and sweet cinnamon with a peachy undertone. It does kinda remind me of Christmas. Wears close to the skin with moderate longevity. All in all, it's really nice. Short but sweet.

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

This is my first SL perfume and I enjoy wearing it. The cedar, plum, spices stand out to my nose. A very woody experience for me. When I sprayed it on my arm I thought of mead, the spicy winter drink. Dark, red berries,sticky, smoky, tart and very slightly medicinal. The sillage and longevity are amazing. It is one that will take me a while to really get to know, but I am very pleased that I took the plunge and bought a full bottle. Nothing else has ever smelled like this before to me. I am looking forward to cold, snowy winter days and nights when I am sure that this perfume will stand out from the crowd. Amazing.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Fleshy stone fruits in the driest presentation, lots of peach and clove to open. The ginger is remarkable in this fragrance--fresh and woody without hurting the nose.

The sweetness of plums and musk develop in the heart, rose and violet give a powdery floral lift. Cedar is incredibly balanced in Feminite du Bois, and along with the musk and violet, provides a woody, dry, airy veil.

Benzoin leaves just a ripple of resin that hangs onto the delicately sweet notes in perfectly lucid balance in the base.

Feminite du Bois is a masterfully crafted woody perfume that feels very natural and bold, yet quiet and sensual at the same time.

MaryG
MaryG

My love, Feminite du Bois. I had read so many wonderful reviews of Shiseido's version that I feared I was missing out on an amazing masterpiece; a shining star next to a dull, reformulated shadow of its former glory. A few days ago, I finally got a hold of the original, and it is indeed magnificent, just like Lutens's current version! They are very similar, but there are some notable differences.

Shiseido's version is smoother and sweeter with stronger notes of peach and honey. More grown-up, put together, elegant and easy to love. A harmonious blend of fruits, honey, spices, violet and cedar that mingle effortlessly. Soft, round edges, sensual and warm with a slight savoury note that adds to the more complete feel of Shiseido's FDB. It is a perfectly perfect fragrance! But I think this is why it hasn't captured my heart the way Serge Lutens' FDB has.

Lutens' version is sharper, edgier and a little more difficult. A raspy cedar and sweet, warm plum stick out above the violet and spices, and bounce off each other, creating a deliciously charming tension. The result is a a more tempered sweetness, a darker and woodier edge. The intense pencil shavings evoke happy childhood memories - my senses fully in the present moment - pencil in hand, drawing a magical forest filled with fairies, sweet glistening fruits, sprinkles of gold dust over the rich forest floor. This version keeps my interest, draws me in and fills me with joy. A true love beyond logic.

I also find the lasting power of SL much better, and I have started hoarding bottles. I never want to be without this beauty. It quickly moved up into my top five, then my top three and is now reigning next to my forever loves Shalimar and No.19. Magical and beautiful.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

I'm finding Feminite du Bois intriguing. A sweet, spicy wood that is like a non-mossy and more subdued Mitsouko, sharing that creamy peach. Strikes me as more wearable than Mitsouko.

The vanilla in FdB does not stand out much but the vanilla has a woody powdery accord that comes to the fore beautifully from time to time. This is a million ingredient Frankenstein frag that confuses my nose in a good way--like Dior Poison--not YSL Paris.

Lasting power is not the greatest. I am intrigued enough to want to try it on my skin. Next time, gadget.

ynde
ynde

This is wintery Christmas in a bottle. The opening of cedar and spiced plum gives the feeling of sitting by the fire with a mug of mulled wine and walking through Christmas markets trying gingerbread and smelling the candles burning. The fruitiness and spice of the apricot, cinnamon and cloves that join in over time are reminiscent of Christmas pudding. Though I'm in Australia at the moment and Christmas here is summer, smelling this perfume makes me excited for my next Christmas in the snow, snuggled up by the fireplace, the scent of the tree filling the room.

IndigoEye
IndigoEye

I remember when Dior's Dolce Vita came out and I was a young teen who barely knew what perfume was. A girl in my class came in one day smelling of Dolce Vita and I thought she was the most daring, extraordinary creature in the world for doing so. In the years since, I have tried Dolce Vita many times and almost bought it, but each time I felt that it became a bit too sweet and heady.

I suppose I should have been ready, therefore, for Julia's Dolce Vita entrance to our class room memory. These two perfumes share quite a bit in common. However, Dolce Vita is brighter, warmer and louder (although I have heard it has thinned out since the 90s) than Feminité du Bois. In F du B, the shadows from the trees make you shiver now and then, and I find the fruit and spices more mellow. It is less bling and more mysterious than DV. It is a woody fragrance, but I enjoy the florals, and the spiced vanilla dry down lasts about 14 hours on me. It is true that it becomes a close scent fairly quickly but I caught delicious trails of my perfume all day, and can still smell the scent through my top if I press my nose into the crook of my elbow.

I bought lots of SL samples, and this one has been used up quickly, whilst others (Daim Blond, Chergui (I know, I know)) confined to the back of my drawer. I have ordered a full bottle, as I want this all the time, and I am counting down the days until its arrival. How I would love to get my hands on the vintage Shiseido version...

Anyway, the final verdict is that it is a beautiful, complex perfume with wood, florals, fruit and spice; it's a little dark and very enticing, a little cold but very comforting. It could be worn anywhere at any time, and may soon become a new signature scent for me.

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

سرج لوتان

اهلا بك في عالم سيرج لوتان الاخاذ
هذا العطر احد افضل عطور سيرج لوتنس يجب ان تجربه

عطر اليوم عطر اخاذ رائع ستكتشفه اكثر عندما تجربة اكثر كالالماس والذهب تحتاج فحص وتدقيق اكثر لتعرف جودتها وروعتها

قال ذات يوم سيرج لوتان او لوتنن عند تواجده بالمغرب وعندما امسك بقطعة من خشب الازر الاطلسي اني اردت ان اصنع عطر يحوي عبق ذلك الخشب وهاهو يقدما لنا هذا العطر
Feminite du Bois
----------------------------&&------------------------------------------------------&&---------------
شخصية هذا العطر كالانثى الفاتنه في نهارغائم وهاهي الثلوج تتساقط وتتمال ولا تستطيع ان تخمن اين ستقع، واذا بك تلمح تلك الفاتنه هناك هل رايتها بفستانها الاحمر وبفرئها الابيض الانيق تقف تحت شجرة مثمرة وقد اكتست ببياظ الثلج لتقطف ثمار البرقوق الحمراء الحلوه الرائعه بانوثة ولمسة حانية تضعها في صندوقها الخشبي المزخرف بالرسوم الرائعه، وكانها تريد ان تقدم ذلك الصندوق وماحوى من ثمار لشخص طالما قدر ذلك كله!
انها تريد ان تقدم لك عطر
سرج لوتان
لتأسرك
العطر: مصنف انه للانثى وما اجمل ان ترتدي لمرأه هذا العطر الحسي الرائع

فيداية العطر هي خشب الأََرز الاطلسي الذي يتسم بجانب رائحةالخشب برائحة حلوه كرائحة الحلوى تلك الرائحة مزجت بفاكة البرقوق والقرفة وربما لمحت القرنفل ولكن بصعوبة وقد تلمح مرات وقد لاتلمحه مما، شكل لك بداية تميل كثيرا لرائحة الفاكهة الحلوه او طعم الحلوى الغير ثقيلة بل اللذيذة مع نفحات من القرفة

بعد ان ياخذ العطر قليلا الوقت تخف حدة القرفة وتبدا الرائحة الحلوه المتمثلة بالبرقوقوربما الخوخ وخشب الارز، ان اكثر نعومة وكاني المح هنا رائحة البنفسج بدأت تشارك لتبدا قصة الاثارةالرائعه ويزيدها اكثر اثارة المسك عند ختام هذا العطر الرائع.

لم اتطرق لبقية الروائح الاخرى لاني لم الحظها..

تحياتي لاتنس ذكر الله
والصلاة على النبي.

becuille
becuille

The first time I sampled this fragrance, I bought a full bottle the same day - something I never usually do. I love, love, love it.

It opens on my skin with a burst of cedar, conjuring up images of bonfires in autumn. It's like a nostalgic hug. As the heart notes begin to show themselves, I get spiced plum and ginger. A gorgeous, spiced fruit concoction that never gets sweet, but never too spicy either. The cedar and other wood notes stay lingering in the background, but allow the fruit and spices to steal the show during the dry down.

I adore how feminine this is without being floral or powdery in the slightest. It's fruity without ever getting sickly and spicy/woody without ever getting overtly masculine. It even has peach that doesn't smell like it belongs on a teenager! It's basically everything I always wanted a perfume to be.

Excellent longevity, very light sillage (which I appreciate here. I wear this like a secret). Suitable for day or night, but not especially right for summer. This is a scent for cooler days.

I read an interview with Kilian Hennessey (of By Kilian fame) and he said the only perfume he ever worse that wasn't his own was this one. The man has taste.

aphexacid
aphexacid

I sprayed it on my skin when i arrived at Barney's. It smells absolutely heavenly. However about 45 minutes later when i left, it was nearly gone.

So sad :(

alberto1964
alberto1964

I have tried many perfumes of Serge Lutens and finally I think that "Feminite du Bois" is the best, better even than Chergui. Very well balanced, sweet nuances that are combined with strong and persistent woody notes. I do not understand why is considered "for women" ... I think it's a much more masculine scent, at most unisex.
Men, try it!

What happened here?
I remember the Shiseido version as a fierceful radiant heavenly woody scent with honey and wax and sweet spices. I still own an old sample which smells very fresh. I loved it. My bf doesn't.
I sprayed this SL version, maybe re-formulated and I got a sticky sweetish perfume instead. Not bad at all, it's actually very pleasant, but it smells like a good elegant floral with sweet notes on my skin. Totally not what it was. I didn't mean to buy, just sniffing visit and I wanted to feel that vibe again, but it's not the old one anymore. Very good and still SL-ish, but not the soft woody monster it used to be.

brightstar
brightstar

I steal the perfect adjective to describe this fragrance from the review below. Creamy! Feminite du Bois surprise me with the perfect mix of dry woods, warm spices and sweet yet not too much gourmand peach. I really like it, but I must find out if this is a fragrance I could get tired of. Totally thumbs up

hsd1
hsd1

After sniffing a couple of these SL scents, I thought they were not for me (I'm a newbie). I then tried this one after it popped up in a search and was surprised how much l loved it on my skin. It is creamy, and has a bit of warm cherries. Could see this being great in the winter. I wished it lasted longer than a couple of hours though, which is why I want to try it again in the store to see if it is worth the $$. Such a lovely smell.

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

Serge Lutens has an elusive way of intriguing me. I can't exactly place what it is about these creations that does it for me. I do know that the cinnamon used in this line is incredible... And not edible, which I love! Feminite Du Bois and Five O'clock Gingembre are two of my absolute favorite fragrances at the moment and possibly ever! Here, the dryness of the woods and cinnamon combined with the juicy sweetness of the fruits create the most mesmerizing feeling. It doesn't get too sweet or dry. It's perfectly balanced and superbly done, never too heavy or too much. It's lightness makes it comforting and easy to enjoy, especially during these cold months. Longevity isn't phenomenal, but the beauty, uniqueness and quality of the scent completely dismiss that fact for me. I'd love to get ahold of the original Shiseido FDB to compare the two. I can't imagine it getting much better than this.

blauriche
blauriche

When I got this last year, I felt like it was too milky, the way Serge Lutens fragrances can sometimes be. It's funny because I just revisited it and I don't sense as much of that milkiness I remembered. It's just a pleasant creamy cinnamon scent. It's the classy person's Elizabeth Taylor Passion for Men, perhaps.

platinum14
platinum14

I have to be in a particular mood for this one. On me, this is a mostly strong cedar/cumin scent. The original version for Shiseido was much more subtle and nuanced

dkny27
dkny27

As many times as I spritz and revisit this scent, I get cinnamon... From a distance or a direct sniff, it is a beautiful, feminine, spicy soft cinnamon. There is a woody sweet compliment, nothing sharp though. It's classy, but intriguing. Mature, wise, cynical yet honest. Delicious for the holidays!

Gjilchrist
Gjilchrist

Lovely. It smells to me very much like Guerlain's L'Heure Bleu. They share the rose, neroli, woods, and powder. Feminite du Bois may be even better on me--much as I hate to admit it because I love the lineage of L'Heure Bleu and the fact that Jean Rhys wore it. But I own a full bottle of L'Heure Bleu, so I'm holding off on purchasing.

nizzagirl
nizzagirl

I can hardly beleive i sprayed the same scent when I compared the smell on my wrist with all the reviews here on fragrantica.
The opening is nice and even rather ordinary with some rose and peach and a silent cedar in the background. But very soon, after 10-15 min, the beast comes out - a very strong skunk, which moves behind and fades out almost everything - flowers, woods, cinnamon. It smells as if i would first spray a nice rosy scent and then put some excrement above. Sounds unbelievable, but this is how my skin chemistry works with FdB. Would be inetersting to know if anybody else has similar skin reaction with FdB.
I tested twice to be sure i didn't catch too old or "expired" bottle in Sephora - heat or light exposure could possibly cause some changes in the composition. So after first failed test in the shop i took home a sample vial and tried again several days later. Sadly the result was exactly the same.

Germany
Germany

It's not often that my husband comments on my ,oh so many fragrances. But this one he does ! OMG its a beauty!! This is a soft woody rose fragrance slightly sweetened with cinnamon ad peaches and plums its soft airy sweet and spicy but all in a super light composition and non cloying , It feels like a fresh bathtub full of natural cedar and rose oil. Very appealing , very fresh and warm and comforting. Absolutely love it and will get a second bottle soon!

christianne1
christianne1

One my favorite fragrance of all time. Feminite Du Bois smells like a slightly more feminized version of Bois et Fruits. It is lighter in weight to me than Fruits (although some people say the exact opposite). They smell extremely similar but BeF is more dense and spicy; FdB is more soft and feminine, especially the dry down. I love them both but if I had to choose one it would probably be FdB. Bois de Violette smells extremely similar to both also. I am amazed at how similar the Lutens "Bois" all smell.

It is impossible to put into words what smelling Feminite du Bois does to my brain. It is sort of an other worldly experience. It smells so good that it is distracting and literally makes it hard to focus on anything else when I get a whiff of it. I have heard that the original Shiseido version is ever better...and if that is the case I am certain my heart might stop if I ever smelled it.

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

I love this, but not to wear. The medicinal blast as it leaves the bottle is too tart, too strong, and too long lasting for me to bear. But if I spray it in my room, or onto an item of clothing, I can come back to it and love, love, love it. Test it on a spill, and come back to it much later, however tempted you may be to drop it into the bin. A Strange perfume. Beauty and the Beast. If it were a person, it would exhibit Such wonderful tenderness and beauty beneath, but on first appraisal, look like the back end of a bus. The ugly ducking, which grows into a swan. Don't give up on her.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

Beautiful, sensuous, scenty cedar. I've grown to love this perfume. Worn on a rainy day in mid summer, as today, it's like a warm companion - relaxed and cosy.

I know of no other perfume that blends so well with my skin, it's especially nice when it's been worn all day and wafts up from a cotton shirt or soft wool jumper. The opening notes are boozy plum/woody and subtly spicy (not hard-edged spicy) the dry-down is warm cinnamon cedar

I do see the resemblance to Dolce Vita, though that's sunnier and more flirty in a way. Feminite du Bois is earthier, more one-dimensional and makes me feel comfortable in my skin, but it is undeniably sensuous (that slightly sweaty cedar, with plum and cinnamon gives it a naughty touch!)

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

oh my goodness. I've found the holy grail of perfumes. This is manifique' ...beautiful exquisite, definently unisex however leans more twords feminine. Just a perfect rose blend, not too much cedar just the right amount and the spice pepper is perfect. I need to spend more time with this beauty and get back to this review, however I will say it does seem quite long lasting, too early to tell

millie1980
millie1980

This is a woody rose fragrance, but on top of this is a prominent herbal-medicinal smell, particularly on initial application. As this medicinal smell fades, it becomes warm and sensuous and very likeable. It is for the evening, but does not screech sexuality - rather it is deep and womanly.

However, I must emphasise the medicinal quality during at least the first half hour of wear. At this stage the fragrance smells like it is from a bygone era, perhaps something worn by a Victorian lady?

hbomb9410
hbomb9410

This smells like fruit-scented sawdust. Not for me. I prefer Tom Ford's Santal Blush.

There is something oddly masculine and fierce about Feminite du Bois. I really wasn't expecting such a bold, rich cedar note to jump out at me.

Feminite du Bois is not quite my cup of tea, but I am thankful for having tried it. I would describe it as a tart woods scent. The tartness comes from the juicy peach and plum, and the woody base is of course damp, resinous cedar wood. I'm smelling a lot of cloves in this fragrance too, which really aids in creating a rich, potent blend.

If this Serge Lutens' offering is considered lighter than the original by Shiseido, then I'm not sure that I would like the older formula. I don't enjoy scents that are too heavy on the skin.

Despite this fragrance's richness, it does have some soapy, crisp moments. This sudden change in the composition may have something to do with the white musk and rose oil, which give off an old-fashioned soap aroma.

Feminite du Bois is a rather unique fragrance, blending in well with the existing Serge Lutens range. I haven't smelt this fragrance on many people, but I would like the chance to smell it on a man's skin. It actually troubles me as to how Feminite du Bois could be marketed to women only. It's a hundred percent unisex.

As expected, Feminite du Bois' longevity and sillage are superb. It's a fragrance worth checking out, even if it's not the kind of fragrance that you could ever picture yourself wearing.

Puddy Cat
Puddy Cat

beautiful feminine wood, it is exactly as it say's on the bottle ;-)

MLK
MLK

This is a very sexy, sensual and classy scent. It is great for winter as it makes me feel warm and cosy. I always get compliments when I wear this fragrance.

freddinos
freddinos

From the notes and very useful reviews and descriptions here I knew I would like Feminite du Bois even though it doesn't fall in my favorite notes categories. Indeed it is beautiful! I can smell the resemblance to Dolce Vita, but this one is much more woody and less sweet. In the drydown I detect an animalic element, not at all evident from the beginning. Feminite du Bois speaks of an almost primitive, raw femininity that not everybody can handle. But if you have the persona to wear it, it will be a combination one of a kind!

ssherices
ssherices

I really want this! I have a bottle of By kilian in the city of sin with box a little more then half full for trade...

aveilhe
aveilhe

If you've read any of my other recent reviews, you will know that I've been sniffing my way through the animalic/dirty/musky/skanky family of fragrances. I've discovered, in general, that these pose a challenge for me -- I have some difficulty, for example, with the body-odorish cumin note that is present in so many of these fragrances, particularly in combination with civet. Sweaty unmentionables, anyone?

Femininite du Bois flirts with this animalic category of scents, but remains on the fringes: she wears her sexuality with subtlety and elegance, never overt or desperate. The musk note in FdB is not a clean-soapy musk, by any means, but it remains in the background, close to the skin throughout the evolution of the scent. There is, to my nose, the tiniest hint of cumin and other exotic spices here, but they remain faint and ethereal -- never taking the attention away from the fruit and wood notes.

The Lutens woody-fruit signature began here, and it is beautifully-rendered and perfectly blended. The cedarwood is prominent (it is the star of the show!), but the peachy-plum notes lend a sweet, juicy quality to this otherwise dry note. A delicious animalic-woody scent? It doesn't seem possible...but it is!

I'm pleased to say that FdB was love at first sniff, and I'm happy that I've found a sex-pot scent that appeals to me!

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

Pencil shavings, erasers, and sweaty, over- sexed nether regions ensconced in powder and petals on a dark forest floor. This is female, dark female, at its most natural and primal realm, all possible elements included. This is the fragrance of a pinned up librarian by day, sex goddess by night. The lady is not what she seems...

Assiduosity
Assiduosity

Feminite du Bois by Serge Lutens is a highly sexed and slightly sloshed slice of everyday bohemia.

It dances along the line between near propriety and beyond the pale and ends up firmly planting its big feet on the wrong side of the tracks.

After an early and brief spring of orange blossom and a slightly boozy, on the turn peach, the foliage and fruits give way quickly to the main part of the tree and the backbone of the perfume, the trunk.

This is a fragrance that never fails to get and give good wood.

But we’re not in a forest here, this is the whirling saw dust sand storm of a timber mill, the sculptor’s studio, the joiner’s yard or the dustbin at the front of class where 20 children are simultaneously sharpening pencils over the stones of play time plums.

This is raw wood being cut while the sap is still high.

And the softness in the background, the vanilla, and spices and resins and musk?

They all serve to prove how hard and soaringly high the wood is.

How sad then that all effort is expended so quickly on creating such effect that things must come to so untimely an end...

*************

For a man or woman – as long as you’re a lumberjack, then you’re all right.

DomizianoA
DomizianoA

Strangely one of the very few Lutens i did not care for.. it was just a-sexual, and, i couldn't detect much other than clove, vetiver and some rose in a creamy (but balsamic and not sexy!) back..
Sorry!

isenseincense
isenseincense

Gentle and balanced and tasteful.
Those are the words for this perfume.
I expected something deeper, woodier and a touch spicier. However there is more fruit than I would have expected, and I don't really like fruit in perfume. However this is done so well that it gets away with it. So much restraint!
A perfume for a lady but a lady with warmth. Not dirty sexy at all. Not a perfume to go on the pull in. And that's not always a bad thing. You could safely meet your potential mother in law in this without her thinking you were a slut...even if you are! xx

EDIT: Oh dear my son just said it smells like strawberry poo! Or when you spill ribena!
To be more balanced i would agree that the fruit note is a little off-putting...
This is my first try of a Sege Lutens and I think I may be persuaded to swap for another one.

I think this is one of those perfumes that is a little bit hyped up. It's lovely, but not stunning. The quality of the cedar is above par, so real that the scent of it makes my tongue pucker as if I've taken a sip of a red wine with heavy tannins. The cedar truly provides depth to the fragrance to the point where without it the perfume would fall totally flat and not inspire any feelings in me at all. I can pick apart the perfume and talk about individual notes, but looking at the perfume on the whole, it's not a masterpiece.

I wish the beautiful cedar was enhanced with something other than peach and clove, a combination I grew tired of a long time ago. I'm glad, however, that the clove doesn't overpower the fragrance. I wouldn't even call this a "spicy" fragrance. I can see why this perfume is popular, but there are better woody fragrances IMHO, like Santal 33 by Le Labo.

Pace,MioDolceCuore
Pace,MioDolceCuore

I bought Estee Lauder's Sensuous Noir first - and I just can't wear that without thinking I reincarnated as a pine tree, it's just too much.

Lutens is much creamier, less artificial, more organic. Lovely drydown.
Very nice and full bottle worthy. What Lauder wanted to be but Lutens actually pulls it off. Perhaps it's my chemistry.

If someone would like my full Lauder bottle, send me a message, I'd like to trade it.

Londonchick
Londonchick

To me this is the darker, less obvious sister of Estee Lauder Sensous. Perfect fragrance for this time of the year ( christmas). While still joyful, cinnamon-'ey' and woody this is much better crafted. Less sweet and headache inducing. Comforting woods meet a balmy background rose- the essence of winter femininity. i think this would grow on many people slowly.
Since spraying several times over the years this is moving higher up my favourites list. It somehow evokes an old coven in the English countryside, with the wise crone's drinking mead whilst basking in the warm amber light of a fire.

Fizzy

Dolce Vita Dior is the Queen and Feminite dB is the child from Kate.There is very little similarity, DV is cheerful, FdB is serious, boozy and creamy sadness.
Very quiet, decent fragrance in cold style, you can put it on for almost every
ocassion, just to smell good, but not to radiate like an atom. Pleasant, musky, woody. WANTED.

Edit: now I sniffed it more times and think, for 99 Euro for 50 ml is the dry down thin and flooded with musk (a bit cheap). I don't want to be ripped off my money. It goes from the want list to like list and the like list is not a buy list.

serchina
serchina

After trying this so many times I cant believe that I didnt fall in love before. Warm woody scent and perfect for winter. Definitely a must-have for anyone who likes woody spicy notes. One of my favorite SLs.

Osrockoo
Osrockoo

Pronounced feminetay due bwah, french for, the femininity of wood, this is bottled sex, thats the only thing ill say about it.

Roses and Spices
Roses and Spices

I still have a bottle of the shiseido feminine left (long since discontinued and i used to have the eau de parfum as well)and also the serge Lutens so I have worn this for a long time. And finally I have progressed from it. It definitely has a powdery smell so I think of it as very feminine and it really suited my skin. The original shiseido was lighter,and i think of it as more powdery. When I first tried it I couldn't get enough of it. The Serge Lutens of the same name seems to smell the same initially but on dry down is different, more floral and more pungent. I think this perfume changes a lot with age- whether it's the age of the perfume or the age of me I am not sure. The florals come out a LOT more with age of the product and although the literature says rose and ylang ylang I smell a whole bouquet of flowers all done with a deft touch. It's still a great perfume.

schuindaye
schuindaye

I want this in my collection, everything about it is just so lovely.

619haifisch
619haifisch

don't care if people say this is strictly feminine, for me, it's unisex, and what a scent !
lasts a good 7- 9 hours.. and projects beastly!
wore it once and got 4 compliments !
reminds me of a sexual, confident person who is in charge.. Hats of Sheldrake you've done it again .
Projection 8.5/10
Longevity 8.5/10
Versatility 9.0/10

overall : A scent which can be used by female and male. 9/10 try it on your skin ! :D

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I bow to Dresden Doll's beautiful description of this wonderfully balanced and unusual fragrance. I cannot say it any better. I love a "bois" fragrance and this is the first one I thought I could really wear as a woman. It's a delight.

I would love to "dress" a couple in complementary woody fragrances. The man would wear Tauer's L'Air du Desert Morocain- a wonderful dry woody and spicy fragrance and the lady would wear Feminite du Bois. I think the world would fall at their feet....

Serge Lutens FEMINITE DU BOIS is striking in its subtlety. I suppose that makes sense since it was originally launched by Shiseido. The composition seems very simple to me: basically powdered cedar and violet with just a touch of oriental spice. I was even reminded a bit of my memory of Creed LOVE IN BLACK by the combination of cedar and violet. There is also some overlap with CERRUTI 1881. I like it.

Perhaps this version has been tamed in reformulation, but I'm not sure that I understand why precisely this linear, straightforwardly pleasant perfume is so famous. Yes, it's nice. But iconic? Really?

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I've never smelled Shiseido's original version, so I can't compare, but this really does make a great women's woody scent.
It opens with a very distinct cedar note, with some spice. The peach doesn't take long to make an appearance and then it's a lovely duet between the peach and the cedar, behind a veil of violet. The peach and cedar balance each other nicely and this is one of the few scents I've come across where I've found the peach note to be well done. It's not sticky or sweet, its just that lovely skin like scent a peach has.
This is also well balanced in what it brings to the table. Despite the strong cedar note, not once did this feel like a man's scent (though I'm not ruling it out as unisex at all). It's not intrusive, it's well thought out and restrained and it's not dulled by a sweet note like honey or vanilla as a lot of woody scents for women are. Nor is it just a typical masculine woody scent that's marketed as unisex. This is about as graceful as cedar gets in a fragrance. Really, Feminite du Bois is very well done.

marthaelena
marthaelena

I looked for SL when I went to Paris, after Nopacho's recommendation (I live in USA). I was specifically looking for the Fleur D'Orange one but after smelling it, I was not sure. The french lady suggested a couple and I loved Feminite du Bois right in the spot. After buying it, the girl offered to spry it on me and I was delighted the way she did it: 3 spritzes, one of them on my scarf (it was the end of the winter). oh, what a delight: Creamy, woody, light, feminine and with the perfect amount of sweetness. Just beautiful.
I prefer to wear it at night or in the cold weather. You can tell of the SL quality, just as Nopacho said.
Something important was that my hubby loved it (it was his gift). He is kind of picky and he has the most brutal adjetives when he does not like something.

xabaras
xabaras

A powerful woody opening, due to the cedarwood, but also spices, very powerful, so intense at the beginning that it makes you wonder if you are going to smell of boudoir for the next few hours, but there it goes, in 5 minutes it tones down and becomes a very pleasant and harmonic floral, very pleasant flowers, not overwhelming at all, I really love it. I can detect the rose and the peach, and it is a beautiful combination mellowed by the vanilla. I think it will be a special guest in my collection, just to have something different to use every now and then.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

i was looking (again) for the perfect and eleusive violet perfume. strangely between BdV and FdB i much prefer the latter. It's more rounded out and feminine. Both are very sexy floral scents in their own way but I keep reaching for this one more of the time. I think BdV is more spicy and FdB softer. Unfortunately, I am not sure if it's just my nose, but it doesn't seem to stay for more than a few hours, 4 tops. It's sad because I miss it while I'm at work.

delilahcat
delilahcat

I think this fragrance is definately more masculine than feminine. I find the woody note a bit to strong and it seem to clash somewhat with the fruity notes. Its a shame but for me this perfume does not live up to the hype, it has that same overpowering quality i find with other Serge Lutens and i find that although the notes sound like they would be good together they dont gel together to create one scent, instead they stand alone from each other competing for prominance. Perhaps this would smell better on a man.

vdxl
vdxl

I haven't had the chance to smell the original from Shiseido, but this is definitely more masculine than feminine: a bitter-sweet-fruity cedar note. While as a masculine fragrance it would be conventional, as a feminine one, I agree it is more interesting. But men, don't be scared by the name. Boxeuses it is also unisex.

fanny
fanny

This is so good it makes me sick I only have one sample.
A bit like Dolce Vita, but stronger and very exuberant.
Anyone in for a swap? Please take a look at the swap items in my profile and let me know!..
Same goes for Cuir Mauresque de Lutens.
Thank you !!

Edit 15th feb. 2012
Today I received a new bottle Feminite du Bois plus one reserve bottle Ambre Sultan.., and lots of vials, also by Serge, for testing.
Today is a nice day..

Edit 14th of march 2012
Sillage and longevity rather disappointing..
Could the sample have been of a better quality than the bottle, I wonder.

Edit 2nd aug. 2012
Definitely a summer fragrance; sillage and longevity bloom in warmer days.

Trvevil
Trvevil

~ Finally we have SL available at our stores and I could put my hands on cute little bottles. The price is bearable [I thought it would be higher but it's around 114$ and I can afford one next month]. Still, it's pricier than what I gave for 50ml Shiseido FdB [73 bucks].

First of all I picked up this, cause I couldn't find Louve. After reading some reviews, I was afraid that it would be different and less wow than Shiseido was. Shiseido sometimes played naughty practical jokes on me [infamous bo] so I was hoping this would behave better and be same amazing fragrance that's me! I sprayed it on my chest [lol wrists were taken, but I was driven with nostalgia and it was either there or on hair] and amazed how similar it smells to the original. It is less resinous balmy thing at first, but linear beast at a perfect stage of original that I loved.

Sillage is owning the space and my friend who just had shock experience with her very first niche [history moment, it was Fille en Aiguilles] said it's strong and unbearably sweet. Nah, it is so shiny, woody, sweetened up. There is cedar of course, but it's not furniture like, it's rather drowned in ...plum? peach jam. It is very balanced, nice.

It was reformulated and it doesn't do the poor old FdB the shame. It makes me feel real me, the old sassy witch I was before I got lost in my life. [And btw someone stole my bottle of Shiseido]. Deffo a must try. Now I have hard time deciding this or twice as much Havana Vanille. [Since I will collect some money at last]

Sandroski
Sandroski

Love this scent, woody and powdery, but I wouldn't wear it too often or it will end up boring me. Lasts all day, from a strong woody and spicy scent it turns into a powdery, talcum- like yet still bitter drydown. Surely not or the faint hearted.

Fizzy

Smells in the opening like the German Obstler, 40 % alcohol, made from fruits.
Now I know, where the Obstler smell is coming from - it is clear boozy cedar wood.

milkyway
milkyway

the first association I had when sniffed it the first time was antique wood furniture..you know that musky/fruity even a little insence- like smell I'm talking about..it does develop..into a warm ceder wood smell..vanilla and peach and musk combined give this sweet-woody-cinnamon accord ( @bugmenot :))love it.a real find for woody frag lovers..sillage is good too- it lasts...gets closer to skin the longer you wear it..
ps' DEFINITELY not just for women..

jtd
jtd

Evolution over time is highly valued in perfumery. Headnotes, heartnotes, basenotes. “Linear” is often derogatory. A linear fragrance or one that does not demonstrate substantial change over time is considered either lacking or a failure. The traditional categories, fougere, chypre, oriental (could we please get a better word for this?) are all defined by their changes over time. A good, proper perfume must demonstrate development yet consistency from start to finish.

FdB is a definitively linear fragrance. It demonstrates strengths that a typical ‘evolving’ perfume generally does not have. The experience of FdB is that it all comes at you at once. It’s not an onslaught. It’s just that all the elements seem to have a similar intensity so that you can smell the fruit, the wood, the violet-floral in equal measure. All the set pieces are in place and the development is that of a fugue, where you notice different elements at different times. It’s a great fragrance for contemplation in this sense. The ongoing juxtaposition of the pieces makes you reconsider the perfume again and again as you wear it. And like a fugue, the composition, the geometry of the component parts, remains the same, but the whole piece gets shifted up or down over time so that perspective becomes the variable, not time.

To me, the fear of this approach is that you could wind up with a rather cold, impassive perfume. You might contemplate perspective, but it’s not exactly a thrill-ride. But FdB avoids these problems by having a beautiful harmonic intensity. It just keeps coming around the corner at you. I appreciate why people use the term radiant to describe FdB.

FdB is purportedly one of the perfumes made with a very high percentage of iso-E Super. It is neither the perfume with the highest amount, nor the first to use it in such high percentage. But it was an early adopter of the molecules use in fine fragrance and created a new style if not genre. FdB and other ‘new linears’ of its era seem not so much a change in style as a categorical shift in approach. The notion of how a perfume works is fundamentally different here than in, say, the category-defining Mitsouko with its archetypal top, middle and base.

There certainly are bad linear fragrances. But then again there are equally bad perfumes that demonstrate an ugly evolution over time. FdB reminds me that ‘linear’ alone doesn’t connote ‘bad’, it’s just a more recent form in the tradition of classical perfumery.

maatgirl
maatgirl

Feminite du Bois: so much love, so much disappointment. First, the love-- this is the ultimate woods scent. It is what the Biblical cedars of Lebanon must have smelled like. Sharp but with a caressing spicy sweetness, enhanced with dried peach and cherry and sparked with just a touch of cinnamon and roses, it is miles beyond the ordinary, classy, gorgeous and sexy without even a shadow of tawdriness.

Now, the disappointment. 50 mL for $120, in a bottle with a paper label glued to it, in a flimsy cardboard box, with the cheapest tin cap going. And, this would all just be window dressing, a forgivable eccentricity if the juice lasted longer that 2 hours. No matter how much I spray on, or where I spray it (hair, clothing, on skin moisturized with unscented lotion, you name it) the heavenly scent just does not last. So, unless Serge Lutens begins selling a concentration of this glorious elixir that actually has some staying power, my first bottle of Feminite will be my last...and that makes me sad.

greydove
greydove

This is a witchy fragrance. I imagine a woman leaning over a bubbling cauldron. Inside are spices, herbs, nectars, flower heads. She's making a love potion..Well not exactly love...maybe a seduction potion. Cedar logs are burning under the cauldron and the smoke lingers in her wild hair and black cloak. Nearby, an incense burner releases wafts myrrh and styrax. Like with Sarassins, I got a feeling of something dangerous, dark and wicked from this scent. Strange brew.

Nosina
Nosina

It was love at first sight also a bit short in time as the lasting power doesn't exceed 2h. Which is one of the reasons I bought a roll on through the net. It is absolutely faboulous if layered with cuir de russie Chanel EDT. I tried samples of other variations such as fruit et bois (too gourmand and foody) and bois de violette, this last one is an excellent version for hotter days as the violet adds a greener accent to the scent.

jadetrail51
jadetrail51

I just purchased this while on vacation in Paris last week. It made me homesick and nostalgic for my Rocky Mts. Evokes memories of evenings around a campfire, a whiff of a toasted marshmallow, the incense of a damp forest floor, waking to the scent of sweet wood violets. Beautiful, sensual and nostalgic.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I am very surprised at how lovely this perfume is - I shouldn't be, but I have tried a few duds from SL lately. This soft fragrance has great lasting power - just when I think I can't smell it any more another waft will come up from my neck/chest, and so far I have been wearing it for three hours. It may be full bottle worthy; I will keep trying it.

I get almost a honey or beeswax note in the drydown which is not listed. A beautiful blend of soft woods, hushed florals and subtle vanilla in which no note tries to outdo any other. There is a tiny hint of cumin but you need to have your nose on your wrist to identify it. It doesn't have the usual SL complexity, which is rather a relief sometimes!

passionata20
passionata20

It is more weak version than the origianl FdB from Shiseido. doesn´t last long and not that much vibrant and rich as it used to be. I´ve been waiting desperatly for this one, since the original has been discontinued and hard to find.
First i was dissapointed BUT! then i began to love it! It has a sweet wood note that is more dominant here than in original Shiseido.
AMAZING PERFUME, but i would recommend it only for colder time of the year for outdoor wearing. Indoors it can be a bit intoxicating.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Feminite du Bois is an amazing perfume, indeed))I get cedar wood rounded by peach, orange blossom and vanilla. I have feeling that it also has cinnamon in it somewhere, and it reminds me of SL's another creation - Rousse (also one of the favourites of mine). FdB has this soft sweet-n-spicy effect, which makes it perfect for the winter time. This perfume has good sillage and is long-lasting. Thumbs up!

Zaya
Zaya

It's quite good for russian cold & snowy winters. When I put on my furs, this aroma & go out in a frostymorning, I feel great.

hollycat
hollycat

Ive been wanting to try this perfume for so long. Mainly because of the influence of all the fans of the Shiseido version. Its pretty much exactly as I expected. It opens with dry spices which I adore then I pick up some plummy notes on a base of cedar. Kind of festive.

This is the third Serge Lutens sample Ive tried and I have to say Im surprised that they dont last longer on my skin. No sillage on me with this one either. Its a skin scent. But I should make note of the fact that my skin doesnt project perfume very well. Only a precious few perfumes can project on my skin. Having said that, I dont have a problem with perfume lasting, and with FDB and the others Ive tried they fade fast.

If this perfume had good power behind it, it would be full bottle worthy.

xtaxcy7
xtaxcy7

can a Man pull it off?

Jlew
Jlew

I kind of had the same experience as mellyhelly. I bought this bottle YEARS ago ( in the early 90's ) but was WAYY too young and didn't appreciate it. I have no idea if I threw it away or gave it away. Today I received my sample of the new version. I could cry. I am feeling sad and nostalgic that I did whatever I did with the old bottle but yet I feel unfaithful because I am soooo loving the new one.

This one is just enough like the old potion that you would never question it, but the "newness" in this is ...I don't even have a word. This is good stuff. I believe the old formula was more spicy ( like curry, cumin, etc...) while this has more of something else that i cannot pinpoint.

So far ( at least for me ) Serge Luten is a winner. This stuff is amazing. Definetly not main stream and utterly sexy. All fo the ones I have ( chergui, fille an aguilles, muscs Kublai khan, chene, and fumerie turque ) could be worn on a man or a woman. i love that in a fragrance because it can smell so different on everyone. FB worthy for sure for sure!!!!!

celina
celina

I completely agree with below description I found on lyckyscent site. Generally I don’t read any reviews before writing mine, however this time the notes listed on fragrantica were very different from what I smelled… I had to check with a reliable source.

“The notes… quintessence of Atlas cedar…The result a dark, honeyed, animalic wood rubbed with candied fruit, sweet balms and the slow burn of spices, encrusted with the amethyst flash of violets.”

Great, truthful description. I couldn’t have said it better.

I remember I felt the same excitement when I tried Dolce Vita EDP. Somehow my olfactive memory thinks there is something similar in these 2 fragrances: the dark, woody, honey spices. Checking the compositions and I can see the reason: some identical notes.
I go and check the fragrance. Not much in common. However I still agree with my memory. My bottle of Dolce Vita is old and not reformulated. It feels sweeter and less cedary than it used to be. I love it even more. But I remember the day I bought it and the impact on my olfactive receptors of the woody-spiced cedar in the dry down. Similar with the opening of Feminite du Bois.

Feminite du Bois smells like a great cognac to my nose. I can’t get the violets, just a powdery note that combines with the cedar for a friendlier composition. All notes are here: ginger, cinnamon, clove, plum, peach, orange blossom, cedar, sandalwood, vanilla, benzoin. I don't feel cumin, just cardamom that adds an animalic print. Absolutely beautiful and rich. Still, the boozy note follows me and doesn’t let me enjoy the fume completely. I wish this tone was quieter. I don’t mind it IN a cognac glass, but I am not sure I would like to smell it on myself.

The final has a soft-dry, woody, musky and smoky tone. Lovely.

PS Just checked the Serge Lutens site and this fragrance has a subtitle: cedar brandy. My brain and nose are at peace now. Finally, justice done to my nose.

9.2/10

adrienn99
adrienn99

first to me it is a little bit sharp and dryish kind of plasticy-acidy, nothing warm or woody.
A few minutes later the scent is 'calming down', becomes velvety.
However, I regret to say but on me it smells like ylang-ylang and Haribos (is this the peach?) with some notion of cedar, which is pretty disturbing.
Then it becomes just cedar and not much else. It might be harsh that I am going to say but when I sniff at it i have the feeling of a cedar stick going through my nose, stabbing my brain. I love cedar but this is just too much of it for me..
Then it again sweetens. Becomes more pleasant. But I am still unsure whether I am ever going to survive this fragrance due to the first two phases.
Again something i liked on paper but was not meant for me :(

cryman41
cryman41

One of the best fragrance made by Lutens...it's a dreaming voyage into vanilla and ylang-ylang notes. Truly remarkable

midsummer
midsummer

Honestly, I didn't smell any of the notes listed here. At first, it smelled really woodsy and sexy. But as it dried on my skin, it smelled like cumin. Lots and lots of cumin. It reminded me more of the time my housemate and I cleaned out the spice cabinet than anything else. Icky and overpowering.

It does, however, last a long time. I know, cause I was dying for the scent to disappear. I just wish such a nice scent in the bottle worked at all on me.

Kterhark
Kterhark

I'm very glad to have sampled this fragrance, because it taught me something about myself.

I don't like ginger.

It makes me sneeze, rub my nose, and the only case where it is not irritating to me is when it comes with sushi. So this precludes a positive review of this fragrance.

I know ginger isn't listed above, but you can certianly smell it. Here is the list of notes from Lucky Scent :Ginger, cinnamon, clove, plum, peach, orange blossom, violet, cedar, sandalwood, vanilla, benzoin.

Ah well, to each his own. Pluck the spices out of this one and I think I would love it!

I found this very boring for a Serge Lutens blend.It lacks the depth and imagination of his later fragrances. Still, it's a basic, well-done, layered oriental of the traditional mold. Nothing special at all, but very well done. I wish the beeswax or cardamom came through a little more, as I love those notes and it might lift it a bit.

Scents change or maybe tastes change. I didn't like Feminite` de Bois when it first came out as Shiseido. I love the curvy bottle but the juice, OMG! It was repulsive to my nose and on my skin. It smelled very very dry, moth-eaten old wood, cloying and nauseating. Out of curiosity I smelled it again the other day and I was hooked! I tried the Serge Lutens' edition and could smell the Shiseido from tester. They seem absolutely similar. What happened to Feminite` du Bois? What happened to my nose/chemistry? I don't know. I know that it now smells great to me! In a few minutes on my skin it becomes much sweeter and mellow, a creamy extremely feminine woody spiced scent with some vanilla. It smells exactly like Dolcevita's drydown. It's rich, voluptous, a little wild yet behavioured, very elegant, refined and it induces imageries of natural setting even in the middle of the grey city. Still not my favourite and don't need to have a full bottle at the moment, but you never know...

Dixie
Dixie

I love how I feel when I wear this. It's so beautiful! I found the Shiseido version on ebay in edp and parfum for reasonable prices.

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

What a truly precious perfume!

It isn't as self conscious as some other SL perfumes. This is wood at its most exquisite, a dryad in autumn,voluptuous, caressing. If anyone is into the Art Nouveau art of Alphonse Mucha, this reminds me very much of his nymphs, starlit and seasonal, wandering through a magical earth of resins and musks and flowers.

Wearing this makes me feel like a very beautiful woman indeed.

KasiaS
KasiaS

To me, the notes mentioned here don't match with the fragrance, I smell loads of plum and cinnamon in FdB, plus the woodsy notes. The notes of FdB by Shiseido seem to go way better with this one, too.
If you loved Organza Indecence, you can try this one as a substitution. Along with Borneo and Chergui it's my SL's favourite. I can't wear it, because on my skin it goes crazy, but maybe it's just my skin - still, I love it on a paper.

Lila-Zen
Lila-Zen

A truly beautiful fragrance. On my skin I had the opposite experience to Lorilavira. At first the scent is very woody and the cedar is the strongest scent I can pick up.

As it mellows on my skin it becomes more floral and indeed slightly peachy but not too much so - there is still that hint of wood and spice.

Lunohodik
Lunohodik

well its pretty much like Dolce Vita and less like its original sister from shiseido. and its more wearable then its older version:))))

Vickalena is right about reformulation idea, its less consentrated then shiseido's one.

Σελήνη
Σελήνη

Some weeks ago i tested Feminite du Bois from shiseido and i don't liked it much(to strong and to powerful for me).
I prefer this one from Serge Lutens because it's much lighter/cleaner and has more woody notes.The first sniff is fresh,light and floral then it becomes woody and a bit soft,it smells like wet wood and flowers(i don't smell the peach that's so pity).I very like the scent but i'm not really in love something deranges me i think it could be the ylang-ylang i don't like this flower much.But all in all it's a really good and feminine woody scent.
Good for the fall and wintertime,better for mature woman and for each Occasion it last good, how all serge lutens fragrances but it's not powerful and annoying,this nice scent stays with you the whole day.

Feminite du Bois by Serge Lutens 4.16 out of 5 based on 772 ratings and 92 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Serge Lutens Feminite du Bois fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Serge Lutens Feminite du Bois, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Feminite du Bois by Serge Lutens. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Feminite du Bois by Serge Lutens represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.