Designers » R S » Oriental Woody « Groups

Fille en Aiguilles Serge Lutens for women and men
dislike

I have it: 1027 I had it: 185 I want it: 1107 My signature: 20

smoky
Fille en Aiguilles Serge Lutens for women and men Pictures Fille en Aiguilles Serge Lutens for women and men Pictures

Fille en Aiguilles is an intensive, warm and aromatic new fragrance by Serge Lutens, who combines pine needles, incense and bay leaf, with accentuated fruity and spicy notes. Inspiration for this composition was scent and sound of pine forest in summer sun. The composition incorporates pine needles, vetiver, bay leaf, spices, fruit and incense. This perfume is available in amount of 50 ml. Fille en Aiguilles was launched in 2009. The nose behind this fragrance is Christopher Sheldrake.

Vetiver Bay Leaf Pine Spices Incense Balsam Fir Dried Fruits

Wazamba
Norne

Fille en Aiguilles Fragrance Reviews

Juli4k
Juli4k

I wish I smelled the pine in this. I put it on about 4 hours ago and it started out with a very strong smell of potpourri and calmed down to a spicy incense. Smelling FeA at the start was almost like taking a shot of alcohol because of that similar kick in the head you get right away. The sillage was moderate and you can tell this is a very well made and quality perfume but in the end, I don't think it's for me. Got the full bottle as an early Christmas present.

polly golightly
polly golightly

bellissimo accordo che mantiene quello che promette (foglia tra gli aghi). pur basandosi su una forte sensazione di conifera, qui più che mai siamo lontani da effetti tipo arbre magique o pino silvestre. il pino è infatti ammorbidito da un bel (franch)incenso e dalla frutta secca, fino a restituire il profumo di liquore misto a tabacco da pipa trinciato di fresco. il profumo da uomo di un certo fascino direi. e sentirlo addosso non è davvero poco. sorprendentemente bassa la persistenza, ahimè. ottimo.

CatherineB9
CatherineB9

A walk in a beautiful pine forest...leading to a little church. I love the intoxicating scent of pine needles couples with incense. It is unusual, yet fresh and aromatic. I do not get much of the bay leaves. But I love wearing this when it's cold outside....perfect for Christmas!

Allin1988
Allin1988

آکبند این شاهکار با قیمت 440 تومان تقدیم می شود.اطلاعات تماس در پروفایل بنده موجود است.

Duskfall
Duskfall

I inevitably encountered Fille En Aiguilles on my search for the ultimate conifer scent, but unfortunately this isn't it for me. On my skin the other notes are totally overpowered by dried fruits and all I get is nondescript slightly spicy sweetness. No pine, no fir, no incense. No churches, forests or Christmas trees.

In addition to that, the performance is pretty miserable. It becomes a skin scent in 30 minutes and after 2-3 hours it's gone. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad! It's just "meh". I prefer AG Nuit Etoilee for my conifer fix.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

IT WAS THE ONE WHICH I WAS LOOKING FOR FOR A LONG TIME!!!! Las night a friend of mine called and told me that he has bought a new fragrance. Since I have tested many perfume and I have a lot of experience in many brands, he gave me 5 ml decant and asked me to tell him my feeling about it. I tested it and after 2 days i can tell u that IT IS REALLY SUPERB!!! "Fille en Aiguilles Serge Lutens" is a unisex perfume and suitable for any occasion which everyone enjoys it a lot. Although I can smell some fruity notes, It mainly has got Woody and spicy scent. I can smell pine a lo and after that Incense is the main accord. It is a warm perfume that is perfect in Fall and Winter. According to main accord of the scent I suppose it is better for people older than 30 years of age. I don't know why, but It seems that It has got my attention significantly. Both Sillage and longevity are awesome. It is a perfume that I need to have it in my Perfume Collection!!! It is a perfume which every one should have one in their wardrobe, both men and women! Never miss it guys

Odin88
Odin88

Although this is one of my favorite scents I will not be buying another bottle when I'm done with the one I have now. The longevity on this is so bad. Less than two hours on me. I love cedar, pine and incense and FEA gives me all of those notes...and then some. Excellent fragrance, very poor longevity. I'll stick to my Arso. It lasts forever.

Cauda Pavonis
Cauda Pavonis

Christmas tree, Christmas fruitcake, and Christmas Eve mass. Sweet and woody, with an almost patchouli-like mustiness. This is a fragrance I've heard a lot about but I'm not sure whether I like it or not. On the one hand, I'm not thrilled with that Christmas tree note (the pine); I love the smell of pine - and this is a gorgeous resinous, naturalistic pine - but not really in my perfumes. On the other hand, underneath the pine and fruit there's that beautiful, seductive earthy note that I enjoy. While I do think this is a lovely fragrance I'm not sure if I can see myself wearing it.

Edit: I'm revisiting this - I can't get it out of my head! I may actually end up buying a bottle of it, or at the very least a decant.

gtabasso
gtabasso

wish for a full bottle, this went on a sweet cinnamon with a tiny hint of dry, boozy fruit but then dried down to a lovely sweet incense

AhArya
AhArya

Very interesting creation, and very different from anything, I have smelled perfume-wise. I got a sample, because I really want a fresh pine fragrance, and this seemed like the perfect choice. I did try to like, I gave it 2 hours to work its way to my heart. I could hardly breathe for those 2 hours. So I guess, to my nose this smell different than the other reviewers, who rate it as pine. This is straight-up church incense to me, and it so heavy that I feel a headache coming, even though I scrubbed this off already. Either my nose is failing me, or I am just a lightwight when it comes to perfume. No matter how hard I try to like something that is not mainstream, I keep reaching for my headache pills after each attempt.
Nonetheless this is a good choice for those who like church incense.

IndigoEye

This is resinous and refreshing. There is sweetness from the stewed fruit and spices, like the sticky sap from pine trees, as well as the bracing smell of the needles and frankincense. It is great, it works, and it reminds me of pine forests by the beach in summer time. As with some other Lutens creations, whilst I love this perfume, I do not know if I love to wear it. I have had a bottle but I did not reach for it enough to repurchase when it went.

enkhbayar.mishigdorj
enkhbayar.mishigdorj

Wonderful! just love it! It made me to feel standing right in the midst of the pine woods. Love it!

Dark Lady
Dark Lady

This opens with a blast of incense, warmed by spices and fruit, but certainly not Arabie-sweet. A minute in, the pine appears and the incense recedes, smelling more like resin than like a church. Very natural pine and incense bound together by just hints of fruit and spices, stay for hours quite linear on my skin. Intellectually, I can understand the Christmas association of a candle lit fir tree in a catholic church, but experiencing the perfume right now, this is so fresh and warm at the same time, for me it is a wonderful summer scent, reminding me of a mediterranean pine forest full of warm sunshine and light, right next to a sandy beach.
It will work in winter, too, but for me, this is a summer perfume, evoking sweet memories of holiday afternoons in August and September in Italy, memories that can be taken into work in the office as well.
A scent like no other, very unique, superb, to be worn with jeans and sneakers or trousers, t-shirt and jacket, or a soft dress, short skirt and bare legs. Very unisex as well. Amazing.

Astoiano
Astoiano

Firstly, I'd like to state that this is not a review, but rather an advice i'm hoping to receive. So I'll have to apologize for that.

I'm a guy in searching for a great winter fragrance that would induce a feeling of warmth and coziness when I wear it. And I found one that is right down that alley - L'Occitate Eau des Baux. It's amazing, I really love it. But I heard that Fille en Aiguilles has a somewhat similar vibe, but it's much better in terms of being a natural pleasant scent. And I also love the note of pine in a fragrance, which Eau des Baux doesn't have (it has cypress, which is a bit similar). Unfortunately, where I live, I am unable to sample Fille en Aiguilles, I only have the option of purchasing a full bottle. And my principle has always been not to blind buy fragrances, no matter how much hype would surround them. And, in this case, it would also be a pretty expensive blind buy.

So, long story short, my questions are directed towards those of you who have experienced both fragrances and could offer me an advice:
- Which of the two fragrances do you consider has a better quality in terms of composition / scent?
- Which one performs better (longevity/sillage)?
- In your opinion, do these fragrances serve different purposes when it comes to the occasions you wear them? Would it make sense to have both of them in my collection, or would it be redundant?
- Finally: which one do you prefer over-all?

Thank you in advance for any answers / advice you might post, it would really help a lot. Once again, I'm sorry this is not a review.

freewheelingvagabond
freewheelingvagabond

This one straightaway touches the soul.

Ambre Sultan, Arabie and Tubereuse Criminelle are each a wonder at first sniff. But Fille en Aiguilles makes one teary-eyed.

Pine triggers imagination like no other. But here pine is wrapped in a cloud of incense, and engulfed under layer upon layer of sweet, caramelised fruits and spices.

Pine here is as much history as memory. The sweetness is the fond remembrance.

Incense is the bridge between the two, as much as spiritual calmness in the face of an uncertain future.

anakrine
anakrine

Wooow! This smells so much like church to me, even though the fruity notes distinguish it from a pure incense smell. Really somehow atmospheric, as already mentioned below. Very nicely done, but I'm not sure whether this is a fragrance to wear.

shortrouge
shortrouge

My favorite perfume by far. I've smelled it a few monthes ago and I've wanted a FB so bad ever since.
Pine, incense, spicy, strong, very long lasting. It's an amazing perfume in the sense that it's both summer-y and winter-y.
I smell pines, heated by the sun on a very hot summer day, which remind me of my favorite summer holiday place ( so many great memories ... ) - though to completely remind me of this place there lack marine notes ( I will try to layer Fille en Aiguille with a marine perfume when I have the occasion and see-smell ! what happens ).
And at the same time, I smell the best of a cozy late december evening.

Two of the best moments of the year in a bottle. I don't see how I could tire of this perfume.

And it's totally unisex in my opinion, so guys, don't be put off by the feminine name and give it a try !

clui
clui

A day in the woods here in beautiful BC. It's deepest of summer days. The trees blot out the sun and in the shade, the soil is sweet and rich, thick and heady. There's a carpet of pine needles underfoot, and the pine boughs are sun-drenched and yellowing. Smoke from the forest fires is carrying from further north. It clings to everything.

I can't be objective. I'm home.

atlaseetschristmas
atlaseetschristmas

Very, very nice balmy coniferous/fruit marmalade sort of juxtaposition that swaps the ratios that previously proved disastrous to my nose in Wazamba. Whereas that one was a pruney sort of desiccated fruit fragrance with some pine, fir balsam, and an unidentified soapiness that proved nauseating, this is most definitely a strong conifer fragrance that has some warming fruity components that smell much more fresh and realistic to me, its much better balanced and satisfying. Theres a transparent wisp of incense that gives it an austere dusky maturity and theres also quite a nice blend of spices grounding all the woods and fruits, i detect a touch of dry cinnamon and perhaps a small dose of clove. I certainly can see the holiday evocation with the spices and christmas trees and fruitcake sort of vibe but it's definitely not quirky or playful, it comes across surprisingly mature and serous.

Performs perfect, just strong enough to hang around all day without getting cloying. Additionally this can be found on some discount sites for a great price. Worth a try for fans of spiced-fruity conifers or really anyone who likes the sort of spooky winter forest vibes expressed in Norne, Arso, and Blackbird (matriarch's and Olympic Orchids alike).

Le parfum c'est chic
Le parfum c'est chic

Si vous aimez vous promener dans une forêt de conifères vous apprécierez ce parfum créé autour de la note de pin. Un parfum très original mais pas facile à porter.
Je le porte avec parcimonie et seulement par temps froid.

SirCharles
SirCharles

Fille en Aiguilles is absolutely meditative. Cool, sweet, smoky pine tree. Makes me feel like I'm walking through a cool, dark pine forest. Actually reminds me a bit of Amouage Jubilation XXV. Fille en Aiguilles feels so ethereal it's practically otherworldly. One of my all-time favorites.

koolthing
koolthing

This is really an incredible scent. I've been looking for the perfect pine scent, and Fille en Aiguilles gets really close... but... the performance is dismal on me. Turns into a super light skin scent within an hour and is mostly gone within two hours. Doesn't seem to last on clothes either. What a shame for the price. I will probably use up my 50ml in record time though because it smells so freakin' good. It's got the best elements of Plum Japonais, Avignon, and snowy Midwest Christmases of my childhood.
I would never buy another fragrance if Serge Lutens improved the concentration of this.

Corbelle
Corbelle

This, clearly, is an experience beyond perfume : such an exquisitely elegant, embracing wonder whirling out of a snow globe, and drawing you gently back in.
Take a deep breath in this sparkling forest : you're all alone, you won't discern between snow and sun flakes softly twinkling all around you, inviting you to lie down and listen.
You're lost, you're home. Just stay.

landshark321
landshark321

A spicy, woody, and slightly sweet winter scent, I blind bought Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles after enjoying Chergui and reading that Fille en Aiguilles was a top pine scent, as pine is a note I enjoy very much in Creed Epicea and Imaginary Authors Cape Heartache. While FEA is certainly not a pine monster, it's a fun winter blend that's bound to attract more than it scares away.

The pine aspect is certainly a hearty pine, not pine-sol---not too biting. The main woodiness comes from the balsam fir, presumably, which gives the winter candle vibe, which I generally find pleasant. Bay leaf is pungent enough in the mix that it's wise not to spray too close to the skin, at least in my opinion. Sweetness comes from the dried fruits, presumably, and is relatively limited compared to the spices and woods.

The initial projection is strong but it dries down to something more conservative within a half hour, and the longevity is pretty good for an EDP. At a decent price (under $70 for 50ml on FragranceNet), this is an affordable winter option, and I'm glad to have it alongside Chergui in my collection. This certainly makes we want to explore the Serge Lutens line more.

7 out of 10

militanttihintti
militanttihintti

The opening smells like salty liquorice. Later, pine, incense and dried fruits take over. Fille en Aiguilles is a warm, spicy and delicious scent, but sillage and longevity could be better.

PercivalGoldstone
PercivalGoldstone

A few other people have done a great job identifying this as the ultimate Christmas fragrance. For a gentleman, this could be the perfect accompaniment to soft, dark dress clothes worn between December 7th and December 25th.

At the risk of sounding uncouth and unappreciative of what is clearly an elegant and fine fragrance... for me, it's a bit too much like a candle. It's very nice and I can see why many would love it but it doesn't work for me.

weaselize
weaselize

This smells like coca cola. More specific, this smells exactly like those cola knots lollipops from mister bubbles but with an added sparkle.
Before you thumb down, eat such a lollipop, then be the judge

sashenka1982
sashenka1982

I spray this perfume. I close my eyes. The incense is overwhelming. I've been transported into a monastery. The monks are singing. I cannot see them but the walls are keeping their sweet voices. I am alone, only surrounded by music and incense. Everything is so solemn. I don't want to move, I don't want to make the littlest of noises. I want to keep this memory forever even though it never existed....

babayaga
babayaga

Wald, Norne = fresh pine, more wintery
Nuit Etoilee = fresh pine, winter or chilly night forest
Fille en Aiguilles = sun warmed dried pine needles on the forest floor, summer or warm fall day, though the fruits and spices take some people straight to Christmas
-But I love pine anytime, and these are all beautiful, all year 'round
IMHO

gedlive
gedlive

Merry Christmas fellow fragrance lovers.
I think this is the ultimate Christmas, Hanukkah fragrance. Fruit cake, Christmas trees, wine, dates and figs, a sweet warm feeling...
It's more than just sugar and spice and everything nice, the bay leaf and vetiver ground it a bit, and make it woodsy.
It's transporting me to a Christmas vacation we had with family and friends in Vermont, going cross country skiing on moon lit trails, smelling the pungent piney forest in the clean crisp air.

PS, I don't think I will be repurchasing this one. As it is a great scent, after a while I'm just not comfortable wearing this kind of scent. It's like maple syrup smells great, but I wouldn't wear it, just to syrupy sweet.

Rating: 8.5/10

Pepperflower
Pepperflower

Fille en Aiguilles is one fine fragrance. Smelling this is like seeing something simple then turned into something exquisite.

At first spray it's bright green, slightly medicinal, and fresh....picture seeing pine trees that are tall and gloriously alive. The perfume starts to deepen, the tree is cut down and starts to leak out it's sticky sap which I also start to smell in the perfume. The tree is carved, some parts of it burnt until what's left is a stunning piece of wood furniture that will end up in most likely in a country club, log cabin, generally a masculine lounge where men sit by the fireplace and like to smoke cigars and sip whisky while being surrounded by leather and rich brown colors. In Fille en Aiguilles has a savory sweet smell like the smell of fruit which I can totally understand why many comment on this as a Christmas fragrance. The dried fruit in this reminds me of women in the kitchen cooking up various chutneys for meat and cranberry sauces while they gossip and the men talk about sports and money somewhere else.

Fille en Aiguilles lasts a long time on both skin and clothes and has decent sillage. Smells rich, warm, syrupy sweet, smokey, forest like, and that gives a feeling of intellectual company even if one were alone.

Evenblondernow
Evenblondernow

Fille en Aiguilles came in the mail yesterday. Today I sprayed it very liberally and we drove to see a church carved into a mountain in Idar-Oberstein, Germany. We had to hike through a leaf strewn forest (uphill, so I was sweating) to get to the church. Once inside, I couldn't believe how absolutely perfect I smelled! I asked my husband to sniff me and he asked whether I had rolled around in "Glühwein" (hot mulled wine served at Christmas markets) before we entered the church!! That is exactly how Fille en Aiguilles smells. Absolutely beautiful!! This doesn't get to be "too much" of any one note. There is a sweet touch, but that flits away and the incense wafts by, with the pine hanging shyly in the background. Stunning in its complexity. Slightly somber, but not sad. I love absolutely everything about this fragrance!

lilalina
lilalina

Smoky sweet winter scent, fir, fire, smoke. Balmy sweet yet very perfume-y. Typically Lutens', very unique. Ultimate December scent.

theo.sudarja
theo.sudarja

Killer. I want this. For me this smels javanese kretek clove cigarette. I don't know why, but i want to spray it over my wallet. I want my wallet, and money smells like this.

I like this for: Sweet without being cute.

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Beautiful! This fragrance is really nice,remembers the winter..the fireplace and even the Christmas. Is harmonious and makes me happy .. gives me warmth enveloping me in his notes, pine here is powerful and also the incense.. other notes envelop all in a unique atmosphere, warm,sweet and resinous. This is among the most beautiful fragrances of Serge Lutens. The sillage is moderate and the longevity is about 7 hours. I highly recommend this masterpiece of Serge Lutens. Beautiful!!!

Sillage: 7/10
Longevity: 7.5/10

Overall: 9./10

bonnieglen
bonnieglen

Don't let your very first impression turn you away from this beauty. The first time I tried it from a sample vial, I was quite disgusted. Pine floor cleaner! Who in the HE double hockey sticks would want to smell like this?!!! Fortunately I went back to it, and this time it went on differently...definitely a little sharp on the opening, but within minutes turned into one of the most beautiful scents I've ever experienced. I have smelled a good portion of the Lutens, and I own a dozen, but this one will always be my favourite, and I will always own a bottle. Second favourite Un Bois Vanille...just so wearable and pagan

msmonochrome
msmonochrome

Christmas morning in an old world city. Candied fruits, a wisp of church incense, spiced plum wine bubbling on the stove (in anticipation of guests coming to share the holiday dinner) and a walk through a fresh pine forest to morning mass.

The pine and incense settle down after about 90 minutes, and this stayed a fairly linear warm spice, almost gourmand, scent on my skin, without much of a middle section to speak of.

Like most Lutens, it has a nice longevity (with about 8 hours of wear time on my skin), though Fille en Aiguilles has less of a sillage than you would expect, only really radiating about an arm's length.

A well made scent, and very pretty, but not my favorite from this house.

I assume people who enjoy winter and/or any of the cold weather festivities (e.g. not me) would love this, as it would carry nostalgic associations of happy holidays of the past.

Lalaith
Lalaith

Fille en Aiguilles is a magical fragrance! It brings memories from wandering in Romania - vast, almost neverending forest, high mountains, smoke from fire and the last meal we have - sack of dried fruits. The last night before we came back to civilization and go home...

The smell is amazing, resinous, dark, melancholic. Smoke from fire made with pine fences, the smell of resin which remains on your hands when you prepare wood for fire. And lovely sweet dried fruits in the background, thanks to it the fargrance isn't so raw and sharp.

My autumn and winter scent, almost my signature during this parts of a year. Christopher Shaldrake is a genious. The only problem I have is the sillage, it seems to me it's not very good, the longevity is just average on me.

Bunino
Bunino

I was hoping for something more captivating and rounded. This is linear on me in a less than appealing way. I get pine and then all I get is sweetness and it bothers me.

Perhaps this is the scent of nostalgia however...

I must say though that I prefer to invent my own nostalgia though through fragrances like LADDM. There's magic in LADDM and even Norne that isn't present here.. a feeling a youthful hope and compelling power.

The atmosphere this one creates doesn't give me a fully immersive experience, rather it just reminds me of Christmas trees and spiced fruit. Something nice, but not all that groundbreaking or emotional like some may say.

I guess I'm just a Jew on Christmas. What can I say... I know I've got a minority opinion here. Sorry, not sorry.

massimilianoinquieto

La nota di incenso per me non è il fulcro della fragranza, ma le note fredde e balsamiche verdi e boschive con le note legnose e speziate scure che evocano foreste ventose con spiazzi e radure color ocra dove batte il sole.
Non sa di chiesa per niente e non è un profumo di incenso. Per quello ci sono Cardinal e altri, più centrati su incensi e atmosfere di chiese.
Questo mi rilassa, freddo e caldo,un pò introverso e solitario,è un profumo che amo quando mi sento di stare con me.

alessbl
alessbl

Just like a prayer...

Kathakali
Kathakali

My childhood, spent in convent school and church choirs, in a bottle. Very nostalgic and comforting. Smells of old stone walls, warm woodwork, and frankincense. Just lovely.

acidnbase
acidnbase

Yet another deep, dark and mysterious scent.. Fille en Aiguilles evokes pleasant memories with main notes of pine, incense, dried fruits and spices, one would probably be transported to a certain season and place.. Imagine a church in the woods or forest during Christmas day (hope the analogy makes sense), that's what i think of.. FeA is truly an amazing creation and work of art!

Ambience
Ambience

To all the people reviewing this and saying there is no time or reason to wear such a thing.. REALLY? Some of us like to wear our memories, some of us want nothing more on a bad day to surround ourselves with a magical scent that reminds us of a time when we were laying in a bed of pine needles without a worry in the world, with that special someone as time ceased to exist, while sunbeams danced through the pines, titbirds flittering away. For that special moment when the little bonfire was burning bright with fresh needles in amongst the old scrub, when that one person defied all your beliefs and you suddenly realised that you were alive, even if the moments happen once, fleeting at that, at least now there is a bottled emotion that brings back these very special memories. To hell with the people who want to smell generic like a flower or a fruit, I'm going to blissfully smother myself in my liquid memories of pine needles and bonfires!

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

Forests exist all over the world of course, so it's interesting to read about all the associations here in comments.

I'm from Scotland and have a lifetime's experience of Scotland's ancient forests and woods - desciduous trees, evergreens, on the sandy beaches of the West Coast, in the hills and in the deep river glens of the Highland mountains.

Fille en Aiguilles doesn't take me there, where it takes me is a few thousand miles south to the Greek islands where I lived for a year (back in the mists of time, ok 27 years ago when I was 18!) such an evocative scent..

The scent of old wooden boats in the bay, baking in the afternoon heat, cicadas chirping in the evergreen forests as the sun goes down; the residual warmth and scent of forest floor and distant woodsmoke in the early evening breeze, further inland the warm tingling scent of Eucalyptus leaves evaporating in the hot sunshine (nothing like the harsh distillation or even tea from the leaves which I used to drink) even the slightly acrid scent of pine in Retsina wine and the scent of Francincense drifting from the dark interior of a village church. (to my mind the dried fruits are here simply to reproduce the natural sweetness of these scents, which disappears on distillation)

Stunning. Just lovely, I want to click my heels three times and be there, right now!

I'm exploring deep green foresty perfumes as I'm painting for an exhibition called 'The Green Woods Free' the theme is the lush forests of the Scottish Borders. Fille en Aguilles doesn't remind me of those forests,which are greener, and more dewy, but I might just wear this anyway as it's so beautiful.

I recommend giving this one a general spray around your hair and body, give it time to develop and reveal its warmth. Incidentally, I remember the far dry-down of soft woodsmoke in vintage chanel 19 parfum (the reformulation is heavy on vetiver in drydown) but Fille en Aguille even brings that scent to mind.

Such warm, natural and pleasing associations.

secamel
secamel

A mood changer. Sweet, bitter, subtle and loud. A fucking mystery. Who knows? This one is too good to be true. Buy a full bottle before the government discovers this fragrance and stop its distribution because happiness is not allowed in modern capitalism.

Ekho
Ekho

This is definitive church insense. Frankincense and myrhh? The top notes smell like fruit snacks, wait, we are really savoring the fruit snacks.. They are hanging on… Incense, pine, spice (definitely with bay). No myrrh is listed in the notes, but this really does smell like church incense. It actually smells like the whole church experience from my memory when I went to church as a child; old smells coming out of the wooden pews, carpet and walls. Those old smells that I would imagine to be spirits of absorbed incense, ghosts of old people's perfume, dry earth ground into the carpet, cold brick, candle wax, the smoke smell of extinguished candles, and redemption. Yes, this is it exactly, with a side of fruit snacks. Perhaps if the wine had been fruity and not so dry, this would have painted a perfect image of that past. Its nice to bring back that fond memory since that particular smelly church is no longer open, and since I no longer go to church. Balsamic, comforting, warm, yet fresh. And for me, obviously nostalgic.

Platone
Platone

simple but interesting. pine needles with hint of canphor and cold incense
if you like to smell like a church on a seaside..............

guerlainfreak
guerlainfreak

I can understand the relation some reviewers make to the smell of Christmas for Fille en Aiguilles. However, this is NOT a poutpurri smell.
This is a wonderful combo of pine with incense. At first, the dried fruits give you an slightly annoying sweet smell but then they blend into a smell that's wonderful.
This is Yatagan for the 21 century. If Yatagan was the aggressive, merciless swordman of the 20th, Fille is the same swordman finding his inner balance through meditation in a quiet, austere church in the middle of nowhere. I do not know why this juice reminded me of the great samurai films of Kurosawa.
To me, this is a wonderful spiritual scent. Something to bring you into balance in your times of turmoil.
Smell great, my friends.

jtd

I’m from a small town in Connecticut. Not, Suburban-New-York-Connecticut. New-England-Connecticut. In my 1960s-1970s, the New England countryside was a place of wonder and democracy. The woods were a frame of mind as much as they were a location.

Though I never thought of anything local as particularly exotic, pine was the scent of local magic. Pine was the scent of outdoors and the change of seasons. It was omnipresent and always welcome.

Fille en Aiguille’s pine is bittersweet for me. It is 30% sense memory and 70% longing.

I now live in Southern California in a climate that I struggle with every day for nine months out of the year. Its climate is almost universally loved, but is unbearable to me and anathema to my pale Celtic body and spirit, a reality that is inexplicable to those around me. Fille doesn't offer me a solution to my dilemma. It doesn't give me relief from the heat or an alternative to the deathly brightness. It triggers memory, remembrance, beauty from an an arcadian past. It reminds me of the magic. And if there's magic, there's hope.

But mostly there's just longing.

jreily88

Okay, so I just bought myself a sample of Balsam Fir Absolute, and it smells almost exactly like this. So with that being said, I personally believe that it's the Balsam Fir, not the Pine, that is the most dominant note in this fragrance.

Lisilou
Lisilou

I am close to loving this but we are still getting acquainted. I own a FB. Lasts for hours. It's incensey and I smell more resin than conifers. It conjures up a time and place of bittersweet memories of living in New England. FeA is both gentle and strong. I feel feminine and close to nature wearing this. Recommended.

mysticaldeath
mysticaldeath

to create a pine centered fragrance that doesnt read as pinesol takes a huge talent, whcih is the team of Lutens and sheldrake. again, i wish "incense" as a category were more broadly and specifically fleshed out by fragranticas notes. specifically i get frankincense here which dovetails perfectly with pine which is very similar and blends beautifully. add a mysterious fruit accord that doesnt immediately register in a specific sense (apples? plums? oranges?) and the effect is quietly dazzling. like a lot of my favorite fragrances, they almost small more like places or situations than perfumes and are all the better for it

mdunford
mdunford

As many have indicated, this is evocative of place as much as it is of emotion. I can picture the Mediterranean seaside that others have described; I can picture New England as well. Personally, this immediately reminded me of the trip of my lifetime, a trek in Nepal: resiny pines, sweet orchard flowers, temple incense drifting up the hillside.

I wish I could live in the world of this scent.

TanyaLynn
TanyaLynn

I've been wearing acca kappa cedro on & off for 4 years. Something was missing & it never felt right as my signature scent. It was just too 'cold' - and then I found Fille En Aiguilles. All the tree-scent you could ever want but with a depth that was missing in the former. I layer the Fille with a pine scented body lotion I found & it is perfection after about 20 minutes. Love!

stefafra
stefafra

Went to test "feminite du bois", and discovered this one instead...I remember loving the Shiseido version of FdB, but when I was in front of the display in the store I noticed a dark bottle with an intriguing name...
Love at first sniff, this perfume is great.
It does start like a church, like the incense used in church, frankincense, plus a lot of pine wood, and resinous smells.
Then it goes more like a walk in a mediterranean pine forest, in a hot day, with a touch of smoke somewhere in the background. May be some warm honey or wax, or dates.
It manages to smell Xmassy and summery at the same time, not the easiest thing in the world.
Now I wonder if I want to buy a bottle of this one...FdB new formulation pales in comparison, and 2 hours later is already disappeared from the wrist I spritzed it on, leaving a powdery ghost, while the Fille, well, it is still going lovely and strong.

Capricious Capricorn
Capricious Capricorn

Got a sample in a swap from Turkey today and impulsively bought it. Deep, original scent. Oh, I am so bad at describing fragrances and figuring out notes, but I do love this. Like nothing else I've ever tried and, yes, it is piney, but the pine is tempered and tamed by other notes. Can't wait to get my bottle.

pi^2
pi^2

A rather realistic smell of pine and fir trees, with a hint of sweetness. The fresh and piercing pine is softened by a smokey background and the warmth and sweetness added by the dried fruits, although it is in no way a "fruity" fragrance.

This is not the kind of fragrance I wear when trying to be sexy; rather, it is a fragrance that creates a calm yet vivid atmosphere for myself and others around me.

hippiechick13

I tried this again, having not reached for it since Winter, and I was seduced.

FA is one of the more arresting, unusual, comforting fragrances to be considered warm and spicy. I find the scent of pine needles to be incredibly cosy and affecting - conveying a sense of home, of strength, of masculinity and enveloping womanliness in one. This scent really does embody these thoughts and feelings.

It lingers for hours and remains the same all day through, cherishing the skin.

FA is one for a woodland wander. For picking fruits in fall. For cuddling up with a tea and watching the snow fall.

emily7
emily7

There's an island I visit every summer and a little path through the woods I take every day leading to rocky coast and the open view at the high seas; it's narrow from the pine trees and undergrowth and provides perfect shade while walking in usually very hot summer afternoons. I always take my time walking, enjoying the thin rays of sunlight breaking through the tall pine trees creating this specific, almost magical atmosphere. The ground is thickly covered with dry pine needles so every step is soft and stealthy, making me feel like I entered inside someones quiet, secluded home. Many times I feel happy or elated just being on this path like being in a presence of something (or someone) special like a dryad or a nymph, but I know it's only my imagination and many eyes of frightened lizards and hidden birds watching me as I pass by. Still, I admire and cherish this beautiful place, the place of wonderful and almost intact nature, my secret happy magical summer place.
The smell of this place is inscribed in my mind forever, I can smell it right now as I am writting; it's the intoxicating scent of sun baked pinus nigra ssp. dalmatica needles - deep, rich, sappy, sweet fragrance, sharp as incense, sublimely simple as this forest cathedral.
If I ever fail to recall this smell, if it somehow disappears from my memory, Fille en Aiguilles will hopefully remain as a faithful reminder.

modernfumie
modernfumie

I so wanted to love this fragrance because the longevity and richness of SL releases really do it for me. The pine and incense were just too pointed somehow. Funny enough, (as a woman) I can wear the hairy-chested pine fragrance Yatagan more readily than this incense-y pine. My skin seems to bring out the sweetness in the former while emphasizing the sharp green-ness in the latter. Oh well! On the upside, I can steal sprays of Yatagan from my boyfriend or buy my own bottle for ~$30.

Well done fragrance, but not for me.

Buysblind
Buysblind

A classic winter fragrance with a thick and rich pine tree and sap aroma. This one's not paired up with citrus notes so it doesn't have that brighter aspect to it. Instead the dried fruits in the heart give it a sweet, syrupy consistency. The color of the juice (dark red) seems an accurate representation of what's inside. I don't find the incense very strong (as it is in Wazamba, for example). While it's there for sure, it doesn't dominate at any point and instead lends a smokey/ashy accent. Projection is close to the skin, longevity is very good. I like Fille en Aiguilles but I only wear it a couple times a year, as it's kind of a one-trick pony to me. If you like this, definitely check out "Winter," by DASEIN, which presents a similar style in a brighter white and yellow hue.

Thumbs up for sure, but sample first, as this might not be for everyone.

Me.Teejay
Me.Teejay

Fille en Aiguilles - Deep Dark Woods

Pine Trees anyone?

A very realistic pine note, dry and smoky structure, invoking memories of winter holidays.

As a work of art, FeA is an amazing creation.. something which the house must be proud of, for the effect it has on the wearer is hard to describe in words.
But as a fragrance for me, personally, I wouldn't want to wear it as it becomes a bit too realistic for me.

It is dark, mysterious and has a cozy aura around it. The combination of pine, incense, spices and some dry fruits create a dim,yet translucent image etched in memories of days gone by. The scent is mostly dry and piney, with some sweetness (just a hint) lurking in the background clouded by a warm envelope of incense.

Performance is okay - longevity- good, projection- average.
I'm a little skeptical about it's versatility due to its overall mood and hue.

A work of art - just that it's not for me. Sigh.

Evelyn Orchid
Evelyn Orchid

This perfume has an aura of a magical aromatic air around it. Such a strong, gothic, church-like scent that evokes an atmosphere of mystery. The best review I've read here is that "it smells like a Russian novel". Indeed. But not any Russian novel. This is truly a fragranced backgroud for Dostoyevsky's novels. I can envision Prince Myshkin meeting Nastassya Filippovna for the first time and in my scenario, she would be the one to wear Fille en Aiguilles. I find it unique and dignified. After it develops, you are overwhelmed with an unusual, evocative scent and enjoy every movement you make since it keeps reminding you of some long forgotten beautiful places.

Chicago Tony T

A forest like pine with some spices. I do like it and it has good performance on my skin but I am not a big pine lover. This is more masculine than feminine IMO but does not overwhelm the wearer unlike many other pine scents. It sorta has a fresh appeal to it as well which I like. I agree with SNicole in which I like it but would not purchase it. It is versatile enough to wear on any occasion but something in the back of my mind tells me if I buy it that I would never reach for it.

Snicole82
Snicole82

Currently testing this from a sample I received in a swap.

Went on with a strong note of pine that I actually like.

Will review more as I get a better feel for it.

Edit: 3 hours later and it's fading. I'm going to chalk the short longevity up to dry skin. The fragrance started out with a very beautiful and unique pine note. About 20 minutes in, the dried fruit and incense start to dominate. I love incense but not too fond of the dried fruit note, though I feel that it gives this fragrance a creamy feel.

On me this is a skin scent. I do like my fragrances with a little more sillage. I do not get the church incense vibe. I guess because on my skin, the incense are overshadowed by the dried fruit.

Final verdict: not a fragrance I would purchase. I don't dislike it, but I'm not wowed by it either.

alittleofeverything
alittleofeverything

The first time I smelled this, the SA smiled as she sprayed my wrist and told me it was her favourite. This was in the summer, and although the fir/incense combo was interesting, I didn't really see why anyone would wear this. Now that the cold and snow has set in however, my reaction mirrors hers.

Although Fille en Aiguilles needs cold weather to bloom and definitely is more suited for winter, to me the smell is like a walk through the taiga pine forest in summer, with the sun baking the trees so the sap emerges from the bark. I see why some find it Christmas-y, if the only time you really smell pine/fir and sap is during holidays, yet it envokes a summery feeling in me. I would swoooooooooon if a man wore this, yet as a female I love how the sweetness of the notes work on my skin.

Initially the fir is very strong, but on my skin it softens and sweetens in about an hour. The heart is sweetly herbal, with incense and fir playing peek-a-boo with my nose throughout to the drydown. I love it - possibly a signature.

Sociable Hermit
Sociable Hermit

I don't know if I have a reformulated version, but I don't get gothic at all. This goes on all dense and piney, but after an hour or two it dries down to something that smells very similar to...Kleenex facial tissue. It's like Kleenex had a holiday edition. That's a strange evolution given the notes, but that's exactly what it smells like on me. Even still, I like it.

Mattysmum
Mattysmum

The MOTHER of ALL incense fragrances. Think gothic church in an Ancient forest.Haunting,ethereal,atmospheric. Love at first Sniff!

It's rich and natural smelling but I'm not sure if I like this composition. It's sort of like Spark for Men, only without the boozy quality and with the pine added (which isn't very strong). Of course, Spark has obvious aroma chemicals but I think the boozy quality is useful, whereas the pine with fruit and spices seems out of place, and I find it at least slightly unpleasant. Obviously, this is entirely about personal preference, and perhaps I will come to enjoy it at some point. For now, however, there's a bit too much of a note clash for me, and not enough of anything special.

Vanessa Dunlap
Vanessa Dunlap

If this smells like a Russian novel, then I need to visit the bookstore and bring home an armload of them! This is a masterpiece. Pine, smoke, the right balance of sweetness coming from the dried fruit and the incense...and I sense a flower in here, too. Is there a tiny bit of rose in this, as well? For some reason, that is what my nose is "telling" me. I get a very comfortable unisex vibe from it; it doesn't skew masculine or feminine on me. It is just what I would describe as "comfortable"...it is happy to simply be with me, and we get along magnificently. I'm definitely treating myself to a full bottle for the holidays. In the meantime, I shall use my sample carefully.

Liberty_Fizz
Liberty_Fizz

Just wow. A powerhouse based on everything I love basically. It's one of the few scents that really brings back memories, even if I know I have never smelt anything like it before.

It is herbal, smokey, woody but yet immensely wearable, sillage is great, it's a lovely skin scent on me, but stays long.

This is so comforting. I grew up in Scandinavia, and the pine and spices just brings back lovely early christmas mornings with my mum and dad, the promise of snow.

Also, I think of walking barefoot in Greece or the south of France (strange, I know!)

Over all I find this incredibly sexy and neither feminine or masculine (I'm a tiny blonde woman and it works for me!).

I picked between this one and Frederic Malle's Noir Epices, and this won. For now.

miracleborgtech
miracleborgtech

Already on my top 10 list of all time favorites! Beautiful crisp fir - the winter scent that evokes the soul of the season. Fir is the dominant note, but incense weaves a background accord with dark spices. Close your eyes and you are transported to every wonderful memory conjured from winters past - hikes in stately pine forests, Christmas Eve mass . . . Fille en Aigulles is ethereal bliss. My only complaint is that on my skin the sillage and longevity are not strong. Good thing I got a bottle - I can spray to my heart's content!

Julie Billi
Julie Billi

Too much incense for my taste! Comes from a great Brand with high quality perfumes, but what I get is only incense in a sweet way....
Lovely for those who love it!

dsty
dsty

Like others in the reviews have suggested, Fille en Aiguilles does smell like a Russian novel, or like christmas; I love it, it's so perfect for fall and especially winter!

It's a great mix of warm and cold notes; a pine forest on one hand, with on the other hand slightly spicy dried fruits giving it that characteristic, comforting Lutens sweetness that I love for the colder seasons. The incense adds some smoke and mystery, tying the smell together into something that's deliciously "northern" and warm at the same time, but not boring or immature at all.

The smell doesn't evolve much but that doesn't matter because it's great from the start, and it lasts for ages. It's also perfectly unisex, I can really imagine this working great on men and women alike.

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on a decant. On my skin and to my nose, I get pine/fir with dried fruits from Arabie and incense from Incense Avignon. In a nutshell, Pine tree + church, it's x'mas in a bottle. Projection is below average with moderate longevity on my skin. All in all, it's a nice scent perfect for x'mas. I only wish it was a little louder.

Guest_MonsieurK
Guest_MonsieurK

It's as if sweet spiced dates, dark dry caramel that is just at the point of smoking and pine have been mixed together to create a lovely warm and balsamic elixir of indulgence.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I LIKE fragrances with pine and I own a few, but Fille en Aiguilles has made me LOVE pine. This fragrance opens with a pine/vetiver mix that I absolutely love. I also get some incense and citrus. It reminds me of the Christmas season and the delicious fragrance of our Christmas tree. I will be wearing it in the Fall/Winter months. It has great longevity and lasts a good 6-7 hours on my skin.

Guest_Colin Maillard

The opening is great and beautiful, rich and evocative as in many Lutens back when it was still a reputable and good brand. A triumph of balsamic, green, coniferous resins, pine needles, Iso E to create a cold, smoky, woody, slightly mystical fog all over. A really dense and charming atmosphere rich in nature and mysticism, with nuances from resins to olibanum to spices, ending on ritual burning woods. A bit synthetic here and there, which makes the texture a tad more plain and less "raw" than one may expect, but still really good, iconic and elegant. Quite bold and sticky initially, as much as compelling and intriguing. Good longevity, too.

7,5-8/10

janjanjan
janjanjan

I smell like a Russian novel

archivist
archivist

As soon as I bent my nose to smell Fille en Aiguilles, the song "No Church in the Wild" popped into my head - this *is* the church in the wild, and it's Christmas morning mass. Bright, warm, glowing light streams from towering pine trees, thick medieval church incense wafting in the fresh morning air, the heavy and rich smoke lifting on a coniferous breeze. The top notes are swathed in opulent greens and golds, casting benedictions on the assembled congregation of wild things in the base; glowing amber eyes, their fur wafting in the breeze and mingling a dark musk.

Winter Delice is Christmas in the suburbs (reportedly a favorite of Taylor Swift's, so there you go). Fille en Aiguilles is Christmas in the wilderness. It is an exiled priest in the forest singing Latin to a congregation of wolves in a cathedral of living pine.

I wouldn't call this a masculine or a feminine; it's just wild and angelic.

Chicago Tony T

I think it leans towards being more masculine than feminine. A big green and balsamic scent. Some spiciness and earthiness sitting on a bed of light incense. Added fruits give it some sweetness but it's not a fruity scent at all. Balsamic scents are becoming my favorites, but I prefer those with more character,depth and range. This is good as far as silage and longevity but if I use my decant I will not pursue a full bottle.

hippiechick13

This baby lasts and lasts and lasts. It stays true to its initial burst well and truly into the day, but not in a stuffy and cloying way.

I could still detect it today when I woke up at about 5am. I had sprayed it first at about 1pm the day before. It had toned right down to a sweet balm, but even still, the ghost of frankincense lingered. Throughout the day, even through errands and wind, it persisted. Made me smile.

I can't be without this fragrance I don't think! I'm in love. It holds all the hallmarks of a niche, high-quality fragrance. You won't smell like everyone, and can rest assured you are paying for a real fragrance, composed eloquently.

What I find to be a real novelty with this fragrance, is that it is dark, but yet warming, sweet but yet smoky, mysterious and reviving. It makes me feel happy and alive. Like the first breath in of clear, clean, fresh mountain air.. just tinged with distant wood smoke, and the burrs and leaves of new autumn. Though sensual, mysterious, uplifting, it's also edgy and naughty. I like that a lot.

Imagery of dappled light and shadow through a pine forest works so perfectly, for Fille's dual nature.

The best perfumes are nuanced but not complicated, and feel like a pleasure. This is beautiful in how it exudes and how it is all these things. Art in a bottle.

Feminine, addictive, off-kilter, quietly glamorous, rebellious.

jreily88

Okay, I just got a dab-on sample of this from lucky scent, and even in 100 degree heat, this is barely noticeable on my skin. Should I get a spray sample of this?

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

This is one of those perfumes that I fall in love with every single time I wear it. The clean-cut, minimalist bottle and that dark amber fluid casts a stateliness that makes me almost scared to use this, because I fear of running out. Nonetheless, I wear this whenever I need a comforting warmth.

I used to only use this when it was cold out, because I figured the warm pine composition would be perfect for that. But summer is when this perfume really comes to life. I've been wearing it this week, in the hot, dry Kentucky summer.. And it's absolute perfection.

Not only does the heat draw out the earthy sweetness, but the pine note becomes much more dry and nostalgic. It almost brings to mind the smell of a summer bonfire. Heat really draws out the vetiver and the incense, but the rich pine note still lingers through the entire duration.

When it comes to amazing fragrant compositions, I like to liken them to a color. And this one, when worn in the summer heat, is a beautiful, smooth brushed-finish gold.

This just goes to show that the notes don't always dictate the season for which a fragrance is best.

Lana148
Lana148

I am a big fan of fir/pine fragrances, so of course I love Fille en Aiguilles. My other pine love belongs to Nuit Etoilee Annick Goutal. The same idea - pine forest. Nuit Etoille - cold, crispy pines, Fille en Aiguilles - summer pines. You can smell resin melting in a sun, blending with warm pine/fir needle aroma. There is also good load of incense here. This fragrance smells better in a cool/winter weather though. Love it!

Guest_Colin Maillard

Weirdly enough, the start smells really close to Lutens' "Five o'clock au gingembre". Same kind of crisp, smoky and somehow fruity/syrupy uplifting blend. However then it takes a total different path, sticking to its name - this means, an actual refreshing smell of pines and resins. Not a stunning fragrance to me, but still much good - much "Lutensian" (and that is why I blind bought this). A tad sticky after a while - the balsamic pine side crosses the line a bit.

Fragrantlife
Fragrantlife

It's Sunday. I'm at church. The altar boys are going through the aisles with their incense burners. I'm hungry and decide to have (surreptitiously) cherries I bought at the farmers' market. This is how it smells: incense and cherries. Gorgeous in terms of invoking memories. But being a lapsed Catholic, I am not sure I want to be reminded of these suffocating days. Yet, there is definite nostalgia. So maybe, I will revisit this beautiful juice.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Authentic, strong smell of church incense and a bunch of fresh pine resin.
Only instead of the cold dank church air, smelling with huge oil paintings (turpentine?) and wooden temple benches - this incense is warm, dry, smoldering from oriental censer, with dry pine needles added on the screen, at the end sweetened with spices and a few pieces of dried fruit.
The incense smells similar to Cire Trudon´s "Spiritus Sancti" room scent.

I have Arabia on the other wrist and I must say that Mr. Sheldrake has incredible talent (in such quantities just for Lutens) to produce high quality, original, non-synthetically smelling perfumes (although all Lutens production I have tried so far smells like luxurious interior scents to me, I couldn´t wear them)

Schnuppernase
Schnuppernase

OMG. This is a whole pine forest in a bottle. Pure, natural, warm and a bit smoky. Very high quality, very well made, very long-lasting - I almost believe this was made for me. It reminds me so much of hiking and the coziness of having a sauna afterwards. It reminds me of a pure, intact forest, well-being and summer.

You don't know how much I love the scent of pines, so you cannot imagine how happy this makes me! :)

IndigoEye

I bought this sample well over a week ago, and I have been wearing it most days or nights since then, to really pin down how I feel about it.
When I first put it on, I just got frankincense - my husband told me I smelt like a church service. But the subsequent times, I have had more of the fresh pine, wood and the spiced fruit, and my husband complimented me on what I was wearing; I had to remind him that it was the "church" perfume. As for my young son, he told me I smelt like "glittering green and purple" with Fille en Aiguilles!
So it is complex, but it isn't a challenge to wear. It begins sharp and clear, full of pine and wood, before becoming smoky with frankincense, then later developing into a spiced fruit dry down. The latter stages are very typical of the SL house, and I find common ground with Feminité du Bois et al.
I got the tester as I thought I'd love it: cool, bright, spicy and smoky. It wasn't instantly what I expected, and I have a slight preference for Feminité du Bois because its florals make it seem more, well, feminine. But Fille en Aiguilles is going on the shopping list as I think this will be gorgeous in the winter and for evening events; I generally like my perfume to get more masculine as my wardrobe becomes more feminine.
Bright, smoky, dark (in that order) and unisex.

osiris5
osiris5

wow what a delicious perfume.
Lol what a mysterious and marvellous perfume.
It opens like santal majuscel and jeux de peau.
Then it evolves into a very differentiated perfume. First you get the cypress and the incense mix. It is like walking in a wood full of cypresses and boswelia.
And then suddenly it changes into a mix of spices and sweetness underlined by bay leaves and vetiver. It is like waking into a pharmecy full of sweets and spices. It has something oriental in the mix of sweetness and incense.
The incense smells like Byzantine church incense thats made of spices and flowers.
Wow what a great scent. I love it and it is great in any occasion and season.

Brenao
Brenao

When I wore Fille for the first time I was left open-mouthed. It's marvelous, you can feel the pine, in a very natural way.

twlahue
twlahue

Reminds me a little of Creed's Original Vetiver.

Animato
Animato

Swedish review adead!

Jag tycker verkligen att denna doft luktar som lössnus. Den typ av lössnus som inte har bergamott i sig. Snus, tall och sylt är vad jag får ut av Fille en Aiguilles och jag är något skeptisk. Det hade varit kul att se huruvida någon annan här känner samma vibbar som jag.

MARFUOFFICIAL
MARFUOFFICIAL

too bitter
I'll add a little of vanille cedarwood

tgb79905
tgb79905

Amazing blend of birch bark, pine needles, the shores of a northern lake and cinnamon hearts candy. It's a real head spinner. My new favorite.

WildDove
WildDove

Resinous deep green foresty notes. Christmas in a bottle.

moonflower73
moonflower73

Fille en Aiguilles has a special warmth about it that makes me feel safe and secure. I like my fragrances to transport me to a different time or place and evoke specific emotions or memories. I feel all these things with this scent. I feel as if I just spent all day playing in the snow with the love of my life. I am freezing on the outside but warm and toasty inside. I can smell the fire from a nearby log cabin as he presses me up against a nearby pine tree. The icicles are slowly melting as the water releases the scent of the pine cones and the wet wood surrounding. He kisses me deeply as the warmth of our bodies heat up the sap of the tree. That is what it smells like to me....a distant warm memory. For some reason I feel like crying when wearing this fragrance, but in a good way. It's nice to wear before going to bed. I don't think this fragrance is sexy but very very comforting. To me a personal fragrance that you wear for yourself to feel loved.

slapdash
slapdash

This is my log cabin, if ever I were to own one. It's my olfactory link to nature, my outdoor haven. It's my exploring the forest with fallen pine needles and cones being gently crushed beneath my feet. It's tree sap and sweet resin permeating for miles on end. It's a crackling fire to ward off the first hint of winter's chill.

Fille en Aiguilles is my comfort, my joy, my reverie.

My sanctuary.

Utterly divine and a bond never to be broken.

Kain
Kain

It's time to write about this amazing juice.
A masterpiece, created by a man who knows exactly what to do as a perfumer and an artist.
The opening of this fragrance is a great combination of spices, woods, resins and a warm sweet smell.
The resinous smell is stunning and remind me of a special resin that I was chewing it like a bubble gum back in time, when I was a kid. because the taste of it was amazing.
This fragrance has that slightly bitter resinous smell beside some woods and a beautiful black pepper note.
There is a strong, yet delightful amount of sweetness that balance all those spicy, woody and resinous notes very well.
As time goes by and in the dry down, the sweetness and peppery smell settled down and that beautiful and natural rensinous smell and woods amped up and at the same time incense kicked in.
It's like the smell a bonfire middle of an old pine forest.
Smoky, pine woody, resinous, natural and in one word, amazing.
In the base I've got a semi sweet and smooth resinous woody scent with some spice and some dried fruits as a supporting notes to make the scent more complex.
Projection is OK (above average) and longevity is around 6-7 hours on my skin.
One of the crown jewels in my collection.

یه عطر شاهکار و بی نظیر و بسیار طبیعی و خوشبو که شخصا از داشتنش تو کلکسیونم بسیار خوشحالم
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با یه بوی صمغی و چوبی شروع میشه که رایحه نسبتا قوی فلفل سیاه و یه رایحه شیرین و گرم و قوی اونارو همراهی میکنه
اگه یادتون باشه دوران کودکی اونایی که هم سن من هستن یا قدیمی تر ها یه صمغ های درختی بود به اسم سقز که سفید رنگ و کریستالی بودن و مثل آدامس میجویدیمش
یه طعم کمی تلخ و چوبی بسیار خوب و خاصی داشت
حالا اون بوی سقزُ بعنوان بخش صمغی این عطر در نظر بگیرین چون دقیقا بوی اون سقز ها رو میده
رایحه چوب هم دقیقا بوی چوب درخت کاجُ میده که بسیار طبیعی و ملایم و خوشبو هستش
رایحه فلفل سیاه بهش تم بوی تند و تیز فلفلی میده و رایحه شیرین هم هر چند قویه، اما اذیت کننده نیست و بصورت بسیار ماهرانه ای اون رایحه های چوبی و فلفلی رو بالانس میکنه
با گذر زمان شیرینی بوی عطر کمتر میشه و رایحه فلفل ملایمتر
همزمان با این تغییرات بوی صمغی و بوی چوبی درخت کاج قویتر میشن و کمی رایحه بخور هم به این سمفونی زیبا اضافه میشه
رایحه میانی عطر فوق العادس و مثل این هستش که شما وسط یه جنگل بزرگ و قدیمی درخت کاج آتیش روشن کردین و با فاصله چند متری ازش نشستین و دارین همزمان بوی چوب های قدیمی درختها و صمغی که بعضی جاها از بدنه درخت ها به بیرون زده و بوی دود آتشُ حس میکنین
باز که زمان بیشتری میگذره بوی دودی و چوبی و صمغی ملایمتر میشن
حالا تو این مرحله رایحه نیمه شیرین حاوی بوی میوه های خشک شده به همراه بوی ملایم چوبی و صمغی و مقدار بسیار کمی رایحه های ادویه ای لحظات آخر این تجربه بی نظیرُ روی پوست شما رقم میزنن
پخش بوش نسبتا خوبه و ماندگاریش بین 6-7 ساعت روی پوست هست

Merdogan1
Merdogan1

Serge Lutens'in ilk kullandığım parfümü Chergui olmuştu. Bu parfüm hakkında da çok övülen yorumları okuyunca merak edip aldım. Kişisel düşüncelerim ise şöyle. Kesinlikle benzeri olmayan keskin, az şekerli ve notalarında bahsedilen ağaçsı hissi sonuna kadar hissedebildiğim bir parfüm. Uniseks olmasına rağmen kesinlikle bir kadına yakıştıramam. Bence tamamen erkeksi. Hatta biraz orta yaş ve üzeri klasik tarzdaki erkeklere yakışır. Soğuk günler ve gecelere uygun. İlk sıkıldığında burun yakan bir keskinliği var. Kalıcılık ortalama. Chergui yanında çok erkeksi ve keskin bir koku. Çoğunlukla güzel bulsam da bir şişe daha almayı pek düşünmeyeceğim bir parfüm. Yine de özel zamanlar için saklayacağım kesin.

Not : Yorumlarımı ve özel mesajlarıma cevaplarımı sadece Türkçe olarak yapacağım. Böylece yabancı dil konusunda sıkıntı yaşayan arkadaşlara gerçekten denediğim parfümlerdeki kendi görüşlerimi paylaşmayı amaçlıyorum.

bcray82
bcray82

I really enjoy this fragrance, sweet, pine, fruit, and a dash of pepper. The opening reminds me of V&R Spicebomb but less sweet and more pine. I find this appropriate at the office or any occasion. Starts off loud, but after 5 minutes it dries down to something more manageable and smooth. Definitely masculine, but because of the sweetness and dried fruit/berry it can definitely be worn by women.

Xanovia
Xanovia

This is a great fragrance that I can't really add a lot to for a fragrance review... This is a late Fall and/or Winter fragrance... Pine, Incense, with the hint of a dried fruit accord... Smells wonderful...

*thinking*

Well I can add something to this perhaps... So I purchased this beauty for myself (a man) and wore it out (getting a compliment) and then when my wife came home she told me that she loved it... And... And... She... She confiscated it...

*sniffle*

You see... My wife does not share fragrances well... Ok lets be honest... My wife does not share fragrances at all... >_< So now I get to smell this awesome fragrance on her (and I'll be honest it does smell even better on her) but I don't get to wear it myself any longer...

Oh but do I ever enjoy it when she has it on... ^_^

8/10 on men...
9/10 on women...

brightstar
brightstar

After reading a lot of positive reviews I was so looking forward to try Fille en Aiguilles. Unfortunately I can't tell I love it. I've smelled it only on paper but it was too strong, it was pine needle on steroids. No incense, no spices. It surely is an aromatic fragrance, but to me it's like smelling a air refreshner or a shower gel. I'm so sad I didn't like it.

freddinos
freddinos

Ahh File en Aiguilles... You are an olfactory journey to me... I am 9 years old again, much closer to God than I am now, and driving with my mum and dad every Sunday morning to a small Greek Orthodox monastery to attend Mass. The stone built convent is away from villages, surrounded by a forest. It has a garden, secluded by a high wall, where pine and fir trees grow. It is really early in the morning, but I am happy about seeing my favorite nuns; they love me and my brother so much! Let alone they let me help with preparing breakfast after mass, plus they gave my brother this tiny blue toy train! The actual service part of the morning is slow and lethargic, I sit quietly next to mum and watch the light coming through the windows, the particles of dust suspended in the thick air. The air in the old church has a life of its own. Layers and layers of burnt incence are mixed with the smoke of the burning candles, the oiliness of the dark yellow beeswax that melted and stained my new skirt the previous week, the pine needles and conifers my brother will start picking up from the garden once he's tired of his new train. I press my nose to the aged wood of my pew, I quite like how it smells but I am a bit bored now. My mum quietly asks me to sit straight. I sit up, and 25 years have passed. I am thousands of miles away from my past, with Fille en Aiguilles on my wrist...

HAL9000
HAL9000

I agree with @johngreenink. This one is just fantastic, pine, incense, warm AND nippy. I wish it had more longevity on me and that the pine note lasted longer. I'll just add that it's a great scent for the holiday season, as it evokes that sense of quiet and peace I get watching a twinkling Christmas tree while sitting in front of a warm fire on Christmas Eve. Then the incense kicks in, and I am passing by a church (or perhaps in one) holding Christmas Vigil. I am safe here, the world is at peace, and everything's going to be alright. Yes, I'll take some more eggnog and cookies, please. Omg, did that toy come with batteries!?

johngreenink
johngreenink

Sometimes, you come across a perfume that startles you; you wonder how you've managed to meander through life without having experienced this before. At the same time, you feel like you're being reminded of your own past. This is a perfume of the North. And as Lutens loves to play with hot and cold, this is no exception - hot incense, a cold wind, warm pine, cool sand, hot sun, cold sky. This is a remarkable scent. It is ancient; it smells like burning wood and pine trees and faint fruits. It is like the echoes of ghosts who've left a forest, just below the timber line, in a very far northern world. It mellows slightly to something woodier and fades into whispery sand dunes. This is truly more than a perfume, it's a ghost.

Ziggy2012
Ziggy2012

This is definitely wearable but is slightly sweeter than Wazumba, more 'honeyed' and slightly heavier, but surprisingly, for me at least, has less longevity. However, they are very similar. It is a wonderful fir/pine with incense, and fruity sweetness combination. It is rich, and sweet and incensy, but, for me is never really cloying. It has reasonable longevity and projection. To my mind, it is unisex. I understand why some people, particularly in the USA, associate it with 'the holidays'. It definitely seems best suited to autumn/winter and is somehow comforting. It's a bit like a cup of mulled wine, but sweeter. A winter warmer

This fragrance really smells like Russian soda water "Baikal"!!!

I like this soda water. I really would like to smell like it.

Forest essential oils... Awesome!

So I was happy after sniffing this fragrance with the leading pine and balsam fir notes, but only in the beginning. Because lately it stayed reminding also something unpleasant I'm shy to write. What a disappointment( But the beginning is awesome anyway!

Like it!

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

Mamma Mia! Now I smell like Church at Christmas - pure incense, perfect rendition of it ! It has that pine and bay leaf tinge to it, but it's exactly the smell of catholic church incense. I feel really strange smelling like that, haha. I'm not sure when to wear it? At Chrismas when you want to add to this spiritual mystique maybe.. Hmm.. Not for me.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Should I eat it or walk through it?

Ah, the twists and turns of this beautiful scent! Is it clean or unscrubbed and earthy? Is it heavy or transparent in weight? Is it the depths of night or dappled sunlight on the forest floor? Do I love it or just really like it....

FA is different. It will challenge your ideas of olfactory groups & give your nose a good work out.

Pine scents all-too-often become bracing-&-fatherly or, worse still, loo-cleaner on me. Not so with AF. The pine here is real, fresh yet resinous, clean yet warm. Beautiful.

Combine this with other fine resins, a hint of honeyed dried fruits & spice, & a puff of smoky incense & you have a fragrance that is more than the sum of its parts. It is meditative. It transcends scent-status to the exalted high of therapy - like a spirit-lifting walk in the woods. AF helps you to notice the tiny minutiae of nature: the busy insect life on the pine-needle carpeted floor, the hushed sighs of the wind in the trees, the stillness yet the natural business all around you.

At times AF can conjure up spiced gingerbread & my mouth waters. On other occasions I am at once in the pine forest, the sun heating the resins, the needles crushed beneath my feet and the playful patterns of light illuminating the rough bark.

If only AF was stronger, more powerful. The sillage is very modest, the longevity, average.

I think I would be head over heels for AF if there was a dose more incense...but then nature teaches you to be more quiet and perhaps AF has me in meditative training to steal my heart.

I'll keep this simple.
I like this.
I concur with the majority of positive reviews on this scent it's good and conjures up some cosy christmasy imagery.
Only a minor criticism of SL on the whole they're fairly weak and disappear completely from my skin within a few hours but they're still very well put together.

drakecito
drakecito

Amazing!!!
Pine with sweet incense.
Projection and longevity moderate (about 4-5 hours).
Not too dark, not too sweet, not too light.To me, is the best pine fragance ever. Beter than Arso and Wazamba and more wearable.

Sillage: 6/10

Stevie.D.
Stevie.D.

Living in northern (HOT) Australia the idea of this smelling like Christmas is foreign to me. But I do get the winter vibe, and the pine forests. As I type this sitting in Helsinki on holiday in autumn it makes perfect sense. Yesterday I walked in the cold forest wearing this and felt as part of the landscape, not just a visitor. I love the spicy, smoky tone that seems to stay from start to finish on me. I can see why some people smell this and question exactly what is a fragrance meant to smell like. I cant see me wearing this to work or on a date. This is a complete creation of atmosphere. It's more than just a scent. It's for contemplation.

Reminds me of a late summer afternoon in a mediterranean pine forest on greek island.....
I sniff it and I travel......
amazing!

ms. m
ms. m

Definitely a fragrance for an outdoor cat. This is what is meant by Cathedral Forest. It evokes memories of hiking through old growth piney woods and the spiritual experience of gazing up at the stained glass canopy of autumn leaves overhead.

This fragrance is well balanced, with no screeching notes or awkward moments. The dried fruit makes me think of that one friend who always brings trail mix, while the brief Coca Cola accord makes me think of Bill Bryson's misadventures on the Appalachian Trail. But this is no straight up pine cleaner scent. These trees are alive and surrounded by herbs and grasses and a bit of magic.

Sillage is polite, and great longevity means that, although I must leave my fantasy now and get back to work, I can steal a moment here and there when I turn and catch a whiff or find some excuse to wave my wrist in front of my face. Mmmmm

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

jtd

I’m from a small town in Connecticut near Hartford, the state capitol. Not, Suburban-New-York-Connecticut. New-England-Connecticut. I can’t remember when I learned the word suburb, but I never heard it applied to us. We were a town. Had been since the mid 1600s.

In my 1960s-1970s, the New England countryside was a place of wonder and democracy. Untended land, parcels of remaining forest I suppose, were easy to find and were Just There. The woods. We’d play capture the flag in the woods, hang-out in the woods, run in the woods, go sledding and cross-country skiing in the woods. The woods were a frame of mind as much as they were a location.

Though I never thought of anything local as particularly exotic, pine was the scent of local magic. Pine was the scent of outdoors and the change of seasons. It was omnipresent and always welcome. The only exotic ‘environmental’ aroma I knew otherwise was frankincense from the Catholic church I attended. I loved it and considered it very specific and significant. It was both familiar and foreign to me. It came off as a very special sort of pine.

Pine connects me to the woods, and Fille en Aiguilles is bittersweet for me. It is 30% sense memory and 70% longing.

I now live in Southern California in a climate that I struggle with every day for nine months out of the year.   A climate that is almost universally loved, but is unbearable to me and anathema to my pale Celtic body and spirit, a reality that is inexplicable to those around me.   Fille doesn't offer me a solution to my dilemma. It doesn't give me relief from the heat or an alternative to the deathly brightness. It triggers memory, remembrance, beauty from an an arcadian past.  It reminds me of the magic. And if there's magic, there's hope.

But mostly there's just longing.

from scent hurdle.com

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

Wow this is beautiful. I am going to start by saying that this is more than just a perfume. This is a place, frozen in time. It's like a memory, one of those special memories that you holds dear that you crave to visit every now and then.

Simply put, it's a sleigh ride through a forest, breathing in the pine air. It's a rustic Christmas in a cabin in a forest full of pine trees, sitting by the fire drinking wassail.

This is the most natural realistic pine scent I have ever come across, like breaking pine needles in half and crushing them between you're fingers. So lovely. The dried fruit and spice mixes with it and just transports you to a different place with incense for a crackling fire. High quality, special perfumes are Serge Lutens. I look forward to experiencing more of them.
This is very high on my list of fragrances for this fall and winter...
I love so much!

lousif
lousif

Beautiful smokey. piney, incense, combination. Deep and and full bodied. As other have said, think Christmas at a cabin in the woods. The smell is so rich it almost makes me drunk wearing. Decent projection but wont get you in-trouble with your co-workers. Longevity is so-so, which a little disappointing for a fragrance at this price level, but still well worth it.

I got a great deal on this at Amazon. I was apprehensive about ordering an expensive fragrance online, especially one that is as discounted as this ($92.59). I decided to go for it because this is sold and shipped from Amazon. I happy I did. The bottle arrived and it is the real deal.

Now on to the fragrance. Beautiful smokey. piney, incense, combination. Deep and and full bodied. Think Christmas at a cabin in the woods. Decent projection but wont get you in-trouble with your co-workers. Longevity is so-so, which a little disappointing for a fragrance at this price level, but still well worth it.

Guest_fuckoff123
Guest_fuckoff123

Caramelized pine/fir needles in the opening which settles into deep pine after caramel wears off a bit. I'm not a fan of the thick opening but the wait is totally worth it.

Nothing i would wear in a hot evironment unless i have a need to get noticed.

Shorokh

I must add that the lasting power is outstanding: about 10 hours!

Shorokh

Damned skin chemistry. At the beginning it was very strong spices and dried fruit, but just 10 minutes later some very cold notes appeared: fir and pine. They were growing stronger and stronger and finally just ate all the rest. What I have now? Absolutely masculine after-shave balm. Awful(
I can`t believe the official description says "warm and aromatic"...

puncturedbicycle
puncturedbicycle

I adore this - I got a sample after falling in love with PdE Wazamba and I actually prefer the smokier Fille - but the problem is that it's so ephemeral and elusive on my skin. Sillage is never my top priority, but I had to apply Fille generously three or four times before I could smell it with my nose pressed to my wrist. I can't seem to apply enough to get it to project beyond my skin and for that reason I think it won't work for me.

Edited to add: I gave in and bought a bottle and I LOVE it but it's still very elusive and I don't bother applying to my skin anymore because it just vanishes instantly. I've resorted to spraying it on my scalp - even my hair doesn't really hold the scent well - and underwear. But it is still utterly addictive, so smoky, so rich, a little fruity but with a touch of tartness like dried plums. It's like a combination of 1) sitting downwind of an old campfire, long gone cold, in a pine wood and 2) the thurible on Easter Monday.

Scatje
Scatje

In the beginning Fille en Aiguilles smelled like candy, liquorice like. After a while it settles down and it becomes softer, les candylike sweet and more needleswood like. Love it, it's very special

Marciu
Marciu

That's the first (among with L'Eau Froide) Lutens's fragrance that I've tried. I have to say that I fell in love with it from the first sniff.

On my skin I feel mainly dried fruits, pine and incense, but incense appears later. Wearing FeA I feel like I'm walking through the forest and gathering dried fruits. Dried fruits in forest - strange, isn't it? Then I feel that it has to be a church somewhere really close. Because I feel lots of incense smoke, this plus pine plus dried fruits hypnotises me and my nosthrills, no joke! I keep sniffing myself each time I wear Fille. It projects really good. It's unique. The only thing I don't like in it is its longevity - it lasts on me about 5 hours...

Despite this, I adore it and find it as one of the best if not the best Sheldrake's and Lutens's fragrance.

Sofia24
Sofia24

As soon as I smelled it...all my childhood memories came in front of my eyes..my grandfather's village house, it's store where he used to keep dried pears, prunes and apples...church on Christmas...New Year Tree..So it will be my magic time machine, my comfort smell, Love it!

tourmali45
tourmali45

Super intensive and smoky - more like a pine forest on fire. Then it dilutes with dried raisins and a touch of chili peppers and becomes less intense and scary.Very light, quite close to skin - like my own personal treasure chest carved of some resiny wood. That's a smell of pine and cypress groves in August somewhere in the southern Crimea, near Foros - the air smells so delectable you want to eat it with a spoon and breath it till you feel dizzy. If you are one of those people who always stops to sniff the freshly cut fir or pine tree in a lumberyard or during forest walks, then Fille En Aiguilles would be perfect for you - a portable log in your purse.

BillyC28
BillyC28

This is a great scent. Very imaginitave and does indeed evoke a forest. Pine and resins are very strong in the beginning and get a sappy feeling of pine trees and "fruit" though don't know what "fruit" is in the fruit notes. Later it gets very syrupy and I could actually TASTE it. Got very distinct taste in back of throat from this, so it is very potent and I could "taste" fir tree and syrup?? But sprayed lightly (highly recommended) this would be a great winter fragrance (especially in mountains, etc).

Bbjr
Bbjr

This is a really nice fragrance. Just beneath the surface of the pine needles I can detect the vetiver. It is a bit smoky but not strong. Definitely a winter scent.

AveParfum
AveParfum

A hyped-up Serge Lutens. Yes the pine is strong, and sillage is great, but it's also quite sweet, which makes for a very unnatural scent. It actually smells a lot like grape juice. If you are anything like me and are hoping for a realistic, dry, woody fragrance, you might want to look elsewhere. I was very close to a blind-buy based on so many of the previous reviews, but I am thankful I got the chance to test first because it's a big no-no for me.

I was going to mention Wazamba as being in the same vein, and I see that it has already been compared to Fille en Aiguilles by several people. I agree. But Wazamba is not so sweet and fruity and smells absolutely nothing like grape juice. I like Wazamba a lot better.

After taking a few months off from my journey through the land of Serge, I decided to continue my search for the perfumes of this house which might work for me. So far I have not had all that much success, although I probably will be acquiring one of the triad FEMINITE DU BOIS, BOIS ET FRUITS and BOIS DE VIOLETTE at some point in 2014 (once my self-induced austerity campaign has come to an end).

FILLE EN AIGUILLES was recommended to me as a "must sniff" and probable "must have". I'll accept the former of those two claims without argument. The composition is seriously dense and rich in much of what I find to be unwearable about ARABIE--the dried fruits and heavy souk spices--but it is tempered by a fairly hefty pine note. By the drydown, the blend smells pretty nice and reminds me a bit of L'Artisan Parfumeur FOU D'ABSINTHE in its somewhat Christmasy demeanor.

While wearing this perfume, my mind conjured up a variety of previously disconnected memories. I recalled camping in the Rocky mountains as a girl with my sisters and dad (my mom never went because she hates that kind of thing). I also recalled eating Moroccan food on the Left Bank. What do these images have to do with one another? Until now, not a single thing. Now, they have been linked by Serge Lutens FILLE EN AIGUILLES.

Once again, I find that a creation by le Grand Serge serves more as a psychedelic drug surrogate than a perfume which I would choose to don in just about any public venue. What I like above all about these oddball creations is that they force me to address over and over again this question: What is perfume?

Hoyo
Hoyo

All i get is incense and pine. It is very linear which is great because it has a comforting scent that you dont want to change.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I love Lutens fragrances and I own a number of other Lutens scents, but this one is not to my taste. It opens for me with a real Indian food smell like Chicken Tiki Masala. Then a strong celery note comes in (I hate celery). I think it's the pine and bay together combining to project a celery/celery seed scent that would not go away even in the drydown. I guess most other folks don't get this smell and lucky for them. The fir and wood notes in the drydown are lovely and I like the overall dryness of the scent but just cannot get past those food and vegetal smells.

giuliadegrandis
giuliadegrandis

this is a scent for Alpha Woman. a unique and mysthic scent that impress people around you.

nastyamason

Today I sprayed Fille on my skin right after the shower (last time I did on my clothes), and wow, this time I did not get any "Baikal". Today it is Russian Orthodox Church during Christmas time, with altar entrance and icons decorated with fir branches, incense burning and candle wax melting. It is warm and comforting fragrance, and it easily became my favorite. This is my first Serge Lutens, and I am seriously impressed!

moira-R
moira-R

Oh, it's not just a perfume! It's a picture, a dream!
I'm standing in a wild coniferous forest and hug the fir tree. My face snuggled to it - I'm trying to breathe its soul, its energy!
Yeah, it's fir... No, not the fir essential oil from bottle. It's absolutely natural russian fir tree! And it smells like the WHOLE tree: not just needles, but also resin and wood! But it's not all. All this fragrant splendor is mixed with aromas of forest substrates of dry fir and pine needles and their cones under my feet.
One more time, I take a deep breath and turn around, leaning against the tree by my back. I reach into my pocket for a cigarette and pulled out a pack of... roll-cigarettes! // You know, only a paper and tobacco, without any filter of course)) // From where?! I do not smoke such things!)) I'm taking one cigarette out of the pack, but not lighting it. I'm breaking it in half and rubbing it between my fingers. Bringing this dry cigarette tobacco closer to my nose, I try to understand how can this scent mix so organically with aromas of fir forest around me? Suddenly the light wind brings another familiar native smell... Not far from me I see a little church between the trees. I'm nearing closer to it. Yes... the smell of small orthodox church's incense. But, something strange... incense is not accompanied by the smell of church's dampness. It's very dry and pleasant. I do not go inside, just sit down on the porch steps. I reach into my pocket again trying to find these strange roll-cigarettes, but... there is no cigarettes... I pull out a handful of dried apples instead. They are so solid and hard, without even any memory of juice, but they still have their dry, sweet smell of fruits and dust. That smell is the last straw for the perfect harmony...
I wake up. Just a dream. But this fragrant dream transformed me from the tired and nervous girl "on edge" // or "on the needles"))// to the self-confident and relaxed girl in heels!)))

nastyamason

Wow, this perfume is impressive! I read on Russian Fragrantica that it smells like Russian drink "Baikal" before I had a chance to open it, and I have to agree: this description is spot on! It starts very masculine which I was concerned about, but quickly it became Russian "Baikal" which I love. I cannot separate a single note on my own, I just know it is gorgeous and I am very much enjoying the experience. Definitely LOVE!

I actually googled Baikal and here is what I got: Baikal is a Russian non-alcoholic drink of dark-brown color. The drink basis is water, the composition includes also sugar, citric acid, carbon dioxide and extracts of some natural medicinal herbs. It has been produced since 1969. It was developed as the Soviet concurrent of Coca Cola.

By the way, I dislike "Wazamba". Totally different perfume.

Edit: Absolutely charmed by Fille. Just ordered a backup. Masterpiece, no less.

Osrockoo
Osrockoo

love this scent but what i got from it what was lemon cream pie and a dash of minty freshness very original and wantable, made me think of a sensually soft edible retro kinda clean scent on a cool spring country evening

serchina
serchina

I have never thought about trying Fille en Aiguilles (because of the pine note) until the saleslady forced me to try last week, and I am glad she did. High quality pine note balanced lovely with incense. woody-balmy-aromatic. Opens little bit medicinal which I actually love in SL perfumes. Lovely!

Birdboy48
Birdboy48

This Lutens seems to be steadily gaining in popularity as time passes among men. I have a bottle and my sister does too, and it was the first thing on my list that I wanted to turn to once the heat of summer was past and fall was in the air.

Not the pine of tree sap or needles, but more the smell of split pine firewood and sawn lumber.

Absolutely worth a sniff for anyone hoping to become familiar with the Lutens, and perhaps my favorite of the whole line.

saabi
saabi

for me like coca-cola.

dkny27
dkny27

Church.... My immediate thoughts. The incensey, spicy notes are superior to the fir and evergreen notes. It is an attractive smell, but in a seasonal, ceremonial way. For me it is not necessarily a "skin" scent rather than a room scent, but I did spray my sleeve and the fragrance was warm, cozy and exotic.

natalia.morozova
natalia.morozova

This is it! I should say) for autumn, fall … and those who want to add feelings to life these days. This substance is very sensitive, warm, enveloping – woody and tasty… mmm… simply b e a u t i f u l. How does it sit on male skin? Oh, I daren’t imagine)) – will be very charming and appealing!! But only if yours is worth wearing it!Strong and balmy – test or a few is mandatory before purchase.

glorious1
glorious1

Just spritzed a little on my wrist.......Maybe I need time? First impression .... not for me....but then...... Is it because I live in Florida? Doubt it. not my fave for sure.

polka
polka

Blimey! I must say the notes looked very promising, so I was looking forward to testing Fille en Aiguilles, but I've never expected this one to be oh-so-gorgeous! This is, without any doubt, one of the best Lutens creations.

It starts with fresh pine forest warmed by the sun on a hot dry day, and then develops with soft, smooth smell of dense resin, dripping slowly down the tree trunk. In the dry-down it gets smoky and fruity sweet; you can literally smell ripe plums being smoked in the forest smokehouse!

Fille en Aiguilles is rich in texture, thick and dense, yet full of space. Balmy, yet invigorating.

Looks like I am in love ;)

opsy10
opsy10

good but smells like gucci pour homme. save yourself some money and buy gucci

naapio
naapio

This perfume fulfills beutifully what I have come to expect from Lutens; a bottled moment, atmosphere or story so vivid you can feel yourself being pulled to another dimension.

To my nose Fille en Aiguilles starts as a bitingly dry pine forest scent with lots of sap, like you can smell in the Mediterranean in the heat of summer. I can imagine ants crawling in the dry needles under my feet and sun beating mercilessly to top brances of the pines towering above me, also interestingly some woody smoke smell like from an old camp site nearby.

Slowly after the sharp burst of needles and sap the second layer of this perfume is revealed bit by bit. Smokiness develops to a wonderfully mystical and peaceful combination of wood, insence and beeswax cadles that reminds me of the Orthodox churches I have visited in the Greece islands.

Excellent lasting power and both me and my husband love this scent, so totally unisex too.

judyk
judyk

Church incense and Iso E Super.

(Nov12 - and not a *bit* like Wazamba, which I adore)

Redpula
Redpula

Believe me or not but this has to be the Burberry London for women.

At first dab I find it smokey, woody and my first impression is it smells like barbecue. Projection is decent and as time passes, the pine is coming out and this pine smells good with a hint of mint. It is slowly gaining my admiration as I find it balmy or herbal.

This is a scent for cloudy spring and winter. It will somehow remind you of Christmas as it projects "Happiness" . Christmas for it reminds me of Burberry London for Men and Christmas for a smoked barbecue, which is awesome.

scouserdog
scouserdog

Smells like a country walk in winter - very comforting as it dries down. Reasonable sillage and lasts quite well. I may have to invest in a big bottle.

puddley
puddley

If only I could spray this 'one hour in'..
As a big woods fan I was keen to try this. Pine for me (along with cedar and fir), is an outdoorsy delight, perfect for spraying when I'm stuck indoors at work to transport me to a much happier place.
I did like it but I found the first hour a little cloying, it's initially hard work, a little too close to a pine toilet cleaner, albeit a decent one! After about an hour on me it settled to a really interesting smell, a little mint, a little sweetness and soft soft woods. I'm about 8 hours in now and it's really lovely, only just there but beautiful in it's gentle last moments.
Serge fragrances are very linear. This one however does change and develop which is something I like. I wish I could cope with the first hour's whiff at the top, if so, this would be mine.

Update August:
I can cope, I can cope and I'm a bit in love. I stalked it for a few months growing increasingly curious from repeated squirts in Harvey Nichs. I bought it. I'm very happy....

SecondCherry
SecondCherry

A wonderful fragrance, IMHO. Pine and incense, incense and pine. Reminds me of a walk the DH and I took on an island in Brittany one bright November day with the pine needles crunching underfoot, the sea air and the woodsmoke. When I went to interview Serge Lutens, the firm asked me which fragrance I would like as a gift and I chose this one, but the DH instantly nicked it. They gave me another, so we now have a bottle each. He wears it almost every day and it's one of the few fragrances he can actually smell, as he's anosmic to most things. I love the smell of his sillage around the house when he wear this, and the scent of it on his clothes. I dread the day that I ever run out of it, as it's rather too expensive for me to buy. One of SL's best.

lacrima99
lacrima99

I madly adore this juice. Every time I spray it, it reminds me of tramping through a warm pine forest, on a beautiful day. Love love love it.

Fille en Aiguilles
Fille en Aiguilles

The most wonderful, unusual fragrance I own. I love to wear it to work when I know it's going to be a difficult day. Every now and then I'll sneak a sniff to remind myself that life is amazing!

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

There is not another fragrance that I find more comforting. Why? Because this to me smells like childhood and Christmas, the times when you wait with anticipation for Santa Clause to arrive with presents and you really believe in him.
It smells like a Christmas tree dripping with honey...it has just been cut, and the fresh resins still come out as little tears where the tree has be trimmed or wounded... where a little branch got broken.... As a kid I used to try and grab those little sap/resin tears and put them my mouth... an intense fragrance, aromatic, woody, a little sweet and bitter filled my senses. This is exactly what Serge Lutens manage to capture here in a bottle.
After a while this sweetness, which is never too much, subsized, and the scent becomes more smokey, woody and a little dryer. But it isn't really dry, just a little more like coniferous lumber.
I has a similar vibe with Winter Delice from Guerlains Aqua Allegoria line, alas long time discontinued, but it's smoother and sweeter, with less burning wood. Personally I have both, but I like this one much more.
I find the color of the perfume rather strange, the dark brown makes me afraid to try and spray it on clothes, unless they are black.
Silage is less than other SLs... lasting power is medium. The price was quite higher than others SLs, but so worth it for what it offers. It's a ticket, first class, to travel back in time !
I don't know what social circumstances would be apropriate for this perfume, or even if it's sexy, elegant, serious, day, night, cold or hot weather recommended. For me it's my "precious".... mostly for bedtime and time alone, when I need to find peace within my heart. Or for soul seeking in church. Pure perfection.

grigoran1986

A heavenly smell.. Does it last? does it project?

grigoran1986

Such a heavely and addicting smell.. I really need to buy my own bottle asap!!

spumyland
spumyland

wow....una pigna in testa arde con uno spruzzo di trementina.
si sente l'incenso quello buono delle chiese ma continuamente scomunicato da' della frutta buonissima.
non impazzisco per il pino ma' qui' e' di ottima qualita'.
solitamente mi intristisce l'incenso ma' qui mi invoglia.la migliore miscela d'incenso annusata finora.
unisex.uno dei migliori Lutens.
rating 8,5/10.

fanny
fanny

This is so good....
This is one of the best Lutens I encountered so far, together with Douce Amere, Cuir Mauresque and Cèdre !!

Dry woods, crisp spices, beautiful incense, and of course cedar, which is a fav of mine..
Warm and fresh at the same time: I am so happy !!
BIG 10

Sillage: great
Longevity: very long

EDIT:
The drydown reminds me of Myrrhe Ardente by Goutal

For comparison, my favourite Lutens are:
Ambre Sultan - Cèdre - Chergui - Claire de Musc - Cuir Mauresque - Datura Noir - Douce Amère - Bas de Soie - Feminité du Bois - Five O'Clock au Gingembre - Fleurs de Citronnier - Un Bois Vanille - Fille en Aiguilles - Serge Noir - Fleurs d'Oranger

Ok on my skin:
Bois de Miel - Gris Clair - L'Eau de Serge Lutens

Not so good on my skin:
A La Nuit - Arabie - Chypre Rouge - Louve - Nuit de Cellophane - Sa Majeste la Rose

beamainguy
beamainguy

My favorite fragrance, I'm wondering who or what inspired Le Grand Serge when he created Fille en Aiguilles, but this is the most sexual perfume I've ever worn...

małgorzata.kupiec
małgorzata.kupiec

The smell is absolutely wonderful. Very simply stated it smells to me like a real church incense plus very expensive, very sweet plum wine and an open cabinet with a spicy seasoning. It reminds me of a soft chair in which you can sink, old books and a glass of noble wine.

Currently my favorite is Five o'clock Au Gingembre, but I think that when it ends, will find in Fille en Aiguilles a worthy successor =)

arianperfume
arianperfume

This smells like Coca Cola to me+spices, not very feminine though.....I do like it but I don't wear it that often, received one negative comment from a male one time:) he said, not a very good choice today for you :)) A, I weaar this when I am bored, it is such an unusual perfume.Good staying power, medium sillage. I realised what I don't enjoy about it, laurel, it smells like a buttery, in my country laurel leaves are used in different kind of foods, ha ha, still, for this price it is still not a very good joke..ihmmmm

Carestinus
Carestinus

This perfume has got me CRAZY! it's dry and sweet and very unisex... the drydown leaves this fruity incense vibe in the air I simply can't resist. I'm mesmerized by it. Sometimes I think of Jubilation XXV when I put this on because they share many aspects (incense + fruits) but this I like much more because it's darker and it doesn't get cloying. Its sillage is good but I'd love more and more and more. I haven't tried many Lutens but this and Jeux de peau share some similarities in the drydown: where that one is sweeter and stronger, this is subtler and more incensy... and sometimes I wish this had JdP's strength but well... Oh Lord of the flies, keep them away from me... Everyone around want to steal this 0,03ml sample from me. Fille en aiguilles is delicious and soooo charming. I don't think this is only for old people at all... a young guy could easily make this his signature fragrance and be venerated and desired just like I will do as soon as I get someone to travel those 12000km to Paris lol. Please Serge don't discontinue this or I might have to travel myself and do a protest with some fellows outside your Palais Royal until it's back.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

Pine,incense and woods in a strong combination.
It's a quality smell,u can tell that.
Similar to bois d'encens IMO and it will cost u a lot less.
Better for fall and winter,definitley not for hot weather.
Very mature scent 40+.

Oh,did i mention the crayziness of the longevity and projection!

massimilianoinquieto

questa fragranza gioca sull'alternarsi di chiaroscuro, fresco e caldo, luci e ombre. le sue note ricordano il verde cupo e profondo che si alterna al nero e impenetrabile del bosco. le note di aghi di pino fredde e balsamiche si sviluppano su un fondo dolce e caramellato,che poi si trasforma in cupo e fumoso quando si risvegliano le spezie e l'incenso. e poi il gioco riparte, si ripresentano le note iniziali e poi quelle di centro,e il chiaro scuro a intermittenza ci tiene compagnia fino alla fine

Trvevil
Trvevil

This was monster that ripped my friends nose and mutilated it. Well, my experience was better than that. This is very pine-y and odd. It reminds me of forest. This fragrance has this quite genuine [and headache inducing] pine and pine resin smell accompanied by odd cologne like buddy. [vetivery I guess] Later cologne fades away and I'm left with pines, undertone of incense and the leaf, the bay leaf! I'm freak, but I demand my meat dumplings be boiled with bay leaf. So I recognize it and it lols me a bit that association with meat dumplings. He he. I very much like it.

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

I like this a lot. Especially when it smells EXACTLY as described.

I live in the Pacific Northwest, and I know what a pine forest smells like when you are walking through it on a shimmering hot mid-August day. Your feet crunch the pine cones and needles as you wander through the shaded pines. The late summer temperatures release thick sticky pine pitch that weaves its tar note into the air as you pass through the forest. Heat seems to emanate up from the ground in waves, and gives off a toasted smell, like pine needles thrown onto a cracking hot bonfire.

This is THAT. Heaven. Memories of summer FINALLY arriving at the same time it is also on the brink of leaving. A fleeting moment like no other.

I'll trade someone straight up for this with either my full bottle of Arabie...!?! or full bottle of Rousse?? Any takers? PM me.

ms.djedi
ms.djedi

I kinda' liked it...while the pine dominated, the drydown was more snsual skin. Bought it in August for winter wear...Definately antique, ecclesiastical and masculine...and I'm none of the above...yet.

perfumepassion
perfumepassion

Tried this and it is a nice fragrance but not my favorite. I really don't get a lot of the pine (which I love). Kinda reminds me of maple syrup. (yeah, I know)

milkyway
milkyway

makes me happy that SL thinks that a girl in stilletos would smell woody-spicy rather than like a fruit basket..the smell is delicious, bay leaf really makes it stand out..love the spices in it too, the combination somehow make the juice smell clean and complex at the same time..yum, or rather 'roar':-)

slave2theprince
slave2theprince

I am liking this better than Memoir for Men. More piney and that's what I want right now. Tis the season for mushroom hunting. If I wear this in the woods, they won't notice me coming. This stuff is very warm and inviting.

tymanski
tymanski

i'm weirding myself (and my wife) out with how much i love this juice. pine and frankincense that just stays warm & cozy on my skin. NO perfume has had me sniffing myself as much :/ uplifting, entertaining and energizing, redolent of mediterranean pine forests, resiny incense and some xmas confection. this is my fourth lutens and now, my fave (sorry chergui & sarrasins!)

Sugandaraja
Sugandaraja

Fille En Aiguilles opens with a blast of sweet, syrupy pine and spices, at once both intensely gourmand and fresh. As the drydown progresses it becomes less sweet, more resinous, and shows a touch of the Arabie dried fruit accord. Hints of woods and vetiver push it more towards dry than sweet, however, after the sugary sap of the opening has dissipated. Fille starts out very big, but dries down to something rather quiet for a Lutens; longevity is about average.

I think similarities to Wazamba are overplayed. Wazamba is similar to the base notes of Fille, but Wazamba leans much more towards incense and in general, is more introspective and lacking the drama of Fille's top.

This is the fragrance that made me love pine. One of my favorite fragrances of all time, from my favorite house.

Fille En Aiguilles strikes at full blast with a resinous pine/burnt sugar accord that's dark, extremely deep and charming. Frankincense plays an incredibly relevant role adding warmness and mistery and bringing this composition to a breand new level that's nowhere close to the room-freshener type of fragrance. Spices and a remarkable candied fruit note add the final touch with detailed refinements while sweetness is handled to never become cloying or overwhelming.

Overall I can say that Fille En Aiguilles is a Lutens composition by all means (bold, sweet, powerful, rich) but unlike many fragrances by the Sheldrake/Lutens duo it settles as one of the most balanced and misterious of the whole range. As usual with this house, be careful with dosage. A personal favourite.

Rating: 8.5/10

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Fille en Aiguilles strikes me as very similar to Parfum d'Empire's Wazamba with it's gorgeously sensual toasted pine and incense aroma, accented with yummy sweet, dried fruit.

Truly delicious and meditative with frankincense being rather prominent and giving a little medicinal, cleansing camphorous quality--most definitely a tranquil hike in the forest on a glorious sunny day.

However, I like the addition of labdanum in Wazamba--without it, this fragrance is a little drier. That said, both fragrances are equally wonderful and I recommend you try both to find your preference.

suile
suile

Having walked through the woodland glades with Tom Ford's Black Violets, I thought I'd go deep into the forest for this one and rushed to sample it. It is I suppose slightly masculine, but if and when we get another cold snowy winter in London, I'm going to buy this one instantly as a consolation. It transported me straight back to the Russian and Swedish forests I used to know, the depths of a cold winter, Christmas day near the Arctic circle, all that sort of thing.

Papi
Papi

I tried it today at Liberty's, and I thought it is awesome! Very unique and quite strong/masculine .

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

"The better to eat you with" was the bad wolf´s answer to the little girl with the red cap.

FEA instantly reminds me of dark dark forests, dwelled with creatures only to be seen at night.
Or it brings me thoughts of a daylight forest in autumn, earthy smells of withering leaves on the ground. Relaxing and still....mystical and dark.

FEA does not develop to many different scent stages on my skin. I detect primarily pine and incense, a bit of vetiver and some coffee-like aroma mingles in as well.

This perfume is a mystery and I have never smelled anything even similar to it.

However, if you find this one too dark and dusty but like the idea of a forest bathed in light I recommend you "Amber" by Aftelier.

Aur-ha-kadosh
Aur-ha-kadosh

fabulous, so kind of antique perfume smells like an oriental wood by night or garden full of fresh ad spicy notes at the same time

fpih
fpih

This one starts very promising on me, full of vetiver, tobacco and incense. I like it very much for the first hour or so when it's spicy and thick and dreamy-like, enveloping like a warm blanket. As the time passes though, the vetiver and pine start to overpower the incense and it gets a more masculine and dry aura. In the end, I'm feeling a powdery sharpness, something that feels more clean and fresh than warm and comfy, and IMO it seems somewhat similar to L'Artisan Dhzongka.

I would certainly like it more if the first stage lasted until the end. As it is, it's nice but not me.

cryman41
cryman41

This perfume is a precious suggestion, such as you were walking in an enchanted wood, under the shadows of high pines...

njdeb
njdeb

Another completely evocative scent from Lutens. This is the smell of the Christmases of my childhood.

This is picking out a Christmas tree with my dad at a roadside stand, with the scent of pine, fir and spruce in the air. This is also the smell of the air itself –fresh, crisp winter air. (Even though this is definitely a warm scent, there is an edge of freshness to it as well).

This is coming home to a warm house with an aromatic fire burning in the fireplace, and the needles from the newly arrived Christmas tree scattered across the floor. This is the smell of spicy cakes, baked fruits and clove-studded oranges wafting in the background.

This is a fragrance both warm and fresh, cozy and uplifting. A wonderful scent memory and a lovely perfume.

elusivek
elusivek

Ahhhh pine. I think I am partial to pine being from New England. There's nothing like the smell of pine trees when walking through the forest.

I know it is described as a pine scent in the summer sun and I can see how he used the fruit and vetiver to try to make that happen but the pine, bay and spice say New England winter with someone eating a sweet citrus fruit. Also, the vetiver mixed in with everything but the fruit gives it a late fall feel rather than summer.

Again, this is based on New England. Pine forests may well smell like this scent in the summer on the West Coast or elsewhere.

That being said, this would be perfect for a pine lover to wear during the day in the late fall and winter here.

Jlew
Jlew

At first blast I get Catholic Church, the smell of the incense. Because I don't yet know what the proper name for I am smelling, I will just say that it is warm, spicey, and ultra sexy. So far, all the SL fragrances I have smelled are wonderful. They're sexy, earthy, and VERY different. I have tried to love floral-ey frilly scents but I just don't. I love scents that are just a bit dirty. Like a naughty tryst in a wet English forest. You know you shouldn't, but... The smells, the sounds, are like an aphrodisiac. For me this is a raw sexual fantasy in a bottle. Layered with 5 o'clock gingembre it's a raw fantasy with a big O!

adrienn99
adrienn99

if you like woody-herbal-pine it is for you... nothing fruity on my skin, it is a very dry scent. this particular Serge Lutens I would say is more for a man.

My sister loves this, as she gets a piney, spicy almost holiday scent out of it. I do get those notes, but I also get an edge of turpentine, very clearly, like the scent of pine needles rotting on the forest floor. While this is evocative and certainly takes me back, it isn't something I want to smell on my arm. An interesting trip into memory-image.

guest_jana
guest_jana

well, this is pure harissa by CdD, with a pine edge. While Harissa has red pepper edge that I like much much more. This, on the contrary, smells pretty cheap and ordinary

Cassiano
Cassiano

I didn't like!
I felt myself as if I was a espiritualist center's smoker.

Too much strong and dry in my opinion.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

I just got a sample of Fille en Aiguilles and put it on for the first time tonight. My first reaction was not particularly good. To me it had sort of a matte tan gingerbread smell, but within a few minutes the pine and herbal scents started to come through. Much better. There's definitely something like frankincense in there, and rosemary. After about an hour of the sweet-herbal-incense scent, something like camphor started to appear. That note was nice. The top and middle notes lasted for about 3 hours on my skin, and now there's not much left except vetiver and maybe a little of the herbal mix. I didn't get a huge amount of pine needle smell because it was overpowered by the other things. Or maybe the type of pine used has a rosemary-like scent. Anyway, after the initial cloying few minutes, I like it and can envision using up the whole sample.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fille en Aiguilles by Serge Lutens. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fille en Aiguilles by Serge Lutens represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.