Designers » R S » Floral « Groups

Fleurs d'Oranger Serge Lutens for women

Fleurs d'Oranger Serge Lutens for women
dislike

tuberose
Fleurs d'Oranger Serge Lutens for women Pictures Fleurs d'Oranger Serge Lutens for women Pictures Fleurs d'Oranger Serge Lutens for women Pictures Fleurs d'Oranger Serge Lutens for women Pictures

This time the composition rules the orange blossom, sweet, delicate, soft and feminine, surrounded by white flowers: jasmine, tuberose and white rose on a warm base of floral musk, hibiscus and cumin. The fragrance possesses irresistible lingering and feminine trace that simply surrounds you, but is at the same time unobtrusive. The fragrance was created by Christopher Sheldrake in 2003.

Jasmine Orange Blossom White Rose Indian Tuberose Citruses Hibiscus Nutmeg Caraway

Orangers en Fleurs
Collection Extraordinaire California Reverie

Fleurs d'Oranger Fragrance Reviews

medea_svenspoa
medea_svenspoa

This perfume to me is a disaster: I really regret the purchase because I made the mistake of trying in the paper and at first sniff seems beautiful, a strong scent of orange blossoms and tuberose. But....a minute after appears the tragedy: it's a dirty sweaty scent....yuck, not similar to the dirty pure jasmine, worse! I think it happens because of cumin and civet notes in it, why?? why ruin a floral scent with this dirtiness....?

Lilies and roses 1
Lilies and roses 1

Masterpiece at its FINEST! Serge Lutens Fluers d' Oranger is a SUPERB orange blossom fragrance!!! RICH, warm, Mmmm.....GORGEOUS!!!

Cassiano
Cassiano

Fleurs d’Oranger was released in 1995 as an integral part of the exclusive collection (items that are not exported and arrive in Bell Jars). However, as happens regularly, some editions become part of the export line, sold in rectangular bottles. In 2003, it was the turn of this perfume.

Serge sets its inspiration as follows: "It's within us. A single whiff of this fragrance, drawn from the highly scented blossom of the bitter orange tree, augmented by a hint of civet, resonates within us".

The fragrance of Fleurs d’Oranger was made at a time when were still used certain ingredients, such as civet. But it has been reformulated and now has the seeds of hibiscus, in order to replace the musky side. Its composition brings notes of bitter orange blossom, jasmine, tuberose from India, white rose, citrus peel, hibiscus seeds, cumin and nutmeg.

When it touches the skin is a genuine floral explosion. Christopher Sheldrake managed to interpret the Serge’s idea and mixed three extremely indolic flowers: orange blossom, tuberose and jasmine. The orange blossom tends to cheat by itself: sometimes looks like jasmine, other times Tuberose. But it has a soft freshness that sets it apart from the others.

In the case of Fleurs d’Oranger, some people feel more nuances of jasmine and others say that the tuberose reigned throughout the evolution. On my skin, apart from the strong output, what's left was a slightly spicy Jasmine scent, thanks to the presence of cumin and nutmeg. Still, this is a perfume made only for women, as few in the house of Lutens.

With respect to the power, its projection is weak, considering the ingredients used, but the lasting is high. Also, it didn't evolve too much, i.e. it is quite linear.
It's a great floral for daytime use and will not bother anyone around, even carrying the weight of the Tuberose. I must confess that I expected a perfume more abusive, or rather, inconvenient. But Fleurs d’Oranger proved to be luminous, typical of white floral bouquets.

For those who like that sort of fragrances and search something even more intense, my tip is to know Sikkim Girls (Gorilla Perfume).

MissYa
MissYa

I was very thrilled to purchase this scent online, after having read some reviews of it...and mostly because I love the smell of real orange blossoms.

I was also a bit anxious, as some of the reviews had been pretty ambivalent about the fragrance. In any case, I knew it would not be a dull and uninteresting smell, from the reviews.
Upon receiving the packet with my new Eau de Parfum, I was happy to experience how the simple, serene flacon pleased my senses, and I was also feeling blissful due to the option of keeping the bottle "sans" the vaporizer ..because especially when it comes to scents which are "strong", I feel much better dabbing them gingerly on my skin with a fingertip , than spraying them on, which is so much less controlled and refined - though I have no doubt the perfume is unfolding better if you spray it on .But using scents is somehow not rational, for me...it is very emotional, indeed.

Anyways... I got the lid off the flacon and was overwhelmed by the scent which was nothing like I had imagined. It was not a fine and enchanting orange blossom dream like I had hoped, nor a strange and risky psalm like I had perhaps feared a bit, due to some of the reviews. To me, it was very "opaque" and heavy, very metallic and absolutely lacking poetry and enchantment. The smell clung to my being like a second skin .. one villainous and penetrating second skin, almost impossible to get rid of again. I have never had a perfume with a more heavy sillage and a longer lasting longevity..so it's too bad it is one I can not bear to wear.

I have, since I got the perfume, now many months ago, been trying and really wanting to get used to it, and right now I have again dabbed a bit of it on my wrists .. but it is as if the pungent smell is almost raping my nostrils and giving me a brutal headache, a little nausea, and sore jaws.

To me, this smell has nothing to do with the enchanting, seductive, gentle fragrance of real orange blossoms, and I can not relate to the many lovely reviews, calling this fragrance feminine and soft, sadly..
I might be despised by many due to this review, but I can't help how my body reacts - and I did try my best to love it.

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

This the longest-lasting orange blossom I have in my collection: I can smell it all day long on my skin.
If you don't like heady jasmine, this beauty is not for you! This is an animalic fragrance featuring those controversial cumin and civet notes which can be disturbing at times: on some people's skin that might smell like sweat and cat piss.
Fortunately I don't smell anything similar. I love this fragrance... but I'm always a bit worried about the perception my fellow-workers can have of it. So far no one has ever complained. However I wouldn't call it a safe fragrance!
Anyway it's a very sensual one!

scentedrat
scentedrat

I love this one. I remember trying it several years ago and not being overly impressed, but for some reason that has changed. It is pure orange blossom, with tuberose and jasmine on the side, without the sharpness I associate with florals. It has such softness to it, almost a creaminess. It is not warm, exactly, but I think the bit of spiciness keeps the tone just right for my skin. And that's pretty rare! Although the scent is strong, it stays very close to my skin, and I just get a whiff every now and then when I'm moving around.

Right now, this is to me a cheerful and wearable scent that feels like it is singing of spring and summer, but not in a high soprano, so it doesn't get irritating after an hour.

csaito
csaito

Gorgeous white floral in which the orange blossom is the king. Subtle but perceptible, I receive many compliments when i use. Perfect for sunny days.
Reminds Cologne Indelebile from Frederic Malle because of the orange blossom. Both are recomended, but i prefer a little more this one because it has more longevity on my skin.

judyk
judyk

Fragrantica databasers, you've done it again. Listed cumin as caraway. I know the pictures look similar and they're close together in the list, but come on now. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that they smell nothing like each other. :) And particularly in this instance where the cumin is so noticeable.

MariaJohanna
MariaJohanna

I need summer heat, flowing white dress and this beautiful perfume.

arnefag
arnefag

A woman´s scent, clearly, but what man can resist this lovely neroli fragrance? As wearing it myself would be a bit over the top for a man just turned 50, my mum lets me enjoy it whenever she wears it. I knew I wouldn´t wear it when I bought it, but decided that I needed the opportunity to have that light and elegant fragrance visiting from time to time. Mum loves it too, so it turned out to be the ideal arrangement, for both to enjoy!

So this scent is in no way a typical choice for me, but here I found a perfume so serene and celestial that I couldn´t get past it. Truly feminine, full of grace and virtue. Just like my mum! <3

ali..khalili
ali..khalili

ترکیبی خوشبو و دلپذیر از گل مریم و شکوفه نارنج و یاس
یه عطر فلورال ساده اما خوشبو برای هوای سرد
پخش بوی خوب
کیفیت عالی

hedwiginberlin
hedwiginberlin

A wonderful, mysterious scent like a bouquet of flowers wrapped in honey. It smells more natural and complex on my skin than on the blotter.

the_badger
the_badger

As a man, I can say this is the best woman frag I have come across to so far. Recommended for all ladies out there of all ages.

laurenz
laurenz

This absolutely blew me away! One of the sexiest fragrances I've ever smelt. The neroli and tuberose are perfect. The hint of cumin grounds it. It's so warm and balmy and heady and creamy and lush. I smell some honey too. It smells like solid gold. This is the white flower fragrance for me.

Also, crazy longevity. One spray has lasted on my skin for over 48 hours.

Perfumejunkie7
Perfumejunkie7

Oh my goodness! This is just...DIVINE! I was expecting a lot from this and I have to say Serge Lutens hasn't failed me. It started off with a heavy blast of jasmine on my skin but the orange blossom and tuberose quickly followed and it became this dreamy, gorgeous, heavenly creamy white floral scent. I was worried about the cumin note because we don't exactly like each other but it's really so well-blended it doesn't stand out at all and just gives the whole combination a spicy edge.

I have to say I'm very impressed with the quality as well. Tuberose, jasmine and orange blossom grow abundantly where I live and this smells exactly like the real thing. Went straight to my want list.

White floral lovers, you're missing out!

r0r0
r0r0

I blind bought it based off my previous good experiences with Serge Lutens; this was a mistake. I am not sure if the issue is one of skin chemistry or something else, but it smells, I'm afraid to say, somewhat revolting on my skin.

I'm not afraid of cumin in perfume, I have quite a few (including Rochas Femme) perfumes with that note, and when it's well blended and supported I don't find it particularly offensive. I'm afraid to say that in this perfume that is not the case. It is offensive, outright unpleasant in fact, especially when combined with the strong menthol note that my nose can detect.

It makes me think of someone who has engaged in vigorous exercise, had a quick shower with orange blossom body wash but gotten out and gotten dressed before they've finished sweating, and then proceeded to go smoke a pack of menthol cigarettes as their sweat has soaked their clothes and turned stale.

As I said, this may be an issue of skin chemistry and not the perfume itself. The dry down isn't quite that bad, however, though it takes a good long time to get there.

My recommendation is not to blind buy it.

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

Not nice, bad composition, a little bit spicy, like every perfume of Serge. But what I like is every perfume of his has that vintage feeling like 1920-1940. I feel like in the past, even though I was born in 1992.

Pepperflower
Pepperflower

Imagine a gorgeous and stunning woman, but with a disgusting habit or flaw. Luscious Orange blossom and tuberose in heaps with all their magnificent beauty, indolic and animalistic. By side this is cumin...musty, dirty, and dank sweat. The cumin brings out the rotten features of the white flowers even more. Picture a lovely woman that is sweating from the hot sun, but then she lifts up her arms to also reveal shes not into shaving! Or imagine a beautiful house, but its right next to a sewage facility, I hope you all can understand my point. Im not exactly sure how I like this, part of me certainly does for this is one of the best orange blossom fragrances I have come across, but another part of me feels like I need a shower after spraying this.

rp6969
rp6969

On clothing this fragrance last for 4-5 days. Seriously.

Moonflower11
Moonflower11

It was my first niche perfume. It is a beautiful white floral scent but no orange blossom on me, it is an explosion of tuberose and jasmine and I can't detect the other notes. I find it very sweet and warm so, for me, it's perfect in autumn and winter. Great longevity and very feminine fragrance

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - close to natural orange blossom, thick jasmine, indian tuberose, with a comfortable mix of citruses playing it cool in the background.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the warmer months, day or night.

Projection - I did get noticed, It garners compliments.

Longevity - I get 12hrs consistently

#5

magda14012

It is such an amazing frag! Well crafted, longlasting, juicy, strong. I liked Ford's Jasmin Rouge for its captivating jasmin. Unfortunately, after the initial blast the scent did not last on my skin beyond 2 hours. Here I found a generous jasmin that is present entire day and is so close to the real thing. A beauty

dkny27
dkny27

Beautiful bright floral, sweet flowers and warmth. I may be sent to the gallows for this comparison, but I find it being a cousin Kim K.'s signature scent; and I believe that to be on account of the similar floral notes, with the hint of citrus in the dry down and the whispers of spice.
This is a bright star in the Lutens house, and the color of the juice is as warm as the scent. Longevity and sillage are well worth the price tag!

gardeniapetunia

Like driving through an orange grove and passing roadkill (several times).
Gorgeous, but skanky. Love it, I think. Man magnet.

Amazing scent.
I detect mostly orange flowers, jasmine and tuberose: a dream.
The base is warm and sweet but not cloying, longlasting, extremely elegant and feminine.
Masterpiece.

magda14012

This scent is like diving in a thick balmy orange perfume pond. From the very first moment it takes you on a journey to a magic garden, with flowers in full bloom. Jasmin is very prominent and so is the orange blossom.The tuberoses here are quite heady, too.
It is not a scent for faint hearted. Still, it manages somehow, not to be sweet and cloying. Fab longevity and projection.

weelylah
weelylah

Of all the perfumes I own I would say this delights me the most. It is so paradoxical, smelling of tropical nights but also sun drenched days; humid but also airy and fresh; eastern spicy funk but also like the trail left by a spanish countess.

I do detect the cumin, which can be overpowering initially, but once it burns off it leaves a warm fuzzy edge around a sparkling, clean, deep, refreshing scent.

Exotic and very special.

Gets the thumbs up from my family and husband too.

Donna Anna
Donna Anna

This one is an absolutely gorgeous orange blossom scent! Probably one of the best, if not THE best! It starts with a glorious orange blossom and is followed by a very long-lasting and sensual jasmine.

Even tough one might think that this combination is a usual cliche in perfumery, but I assure you, this one is a classical masterpiece! It is pretty without being trivial. It has depth and body and some twists that make it stand out from all the other orange blossom/jasmine scents out there. It is simple and very elegant! Just perfection in a bottle!

And it stays fresh on you forever! It almost never goes stale! Never! It stays fresh as long as you can smell it. Very good projection and longevity! Just amazing! This one is a keeper for me!

Julie Billi

SL FDO, is my signature perfume...The one that I cannot live without!
But...now I can see where the bad reviews com from, for the cummin inside!
On my skin I get, happy orange flower, creamy tuberose, sweet jasmine & warm...I repeat...warm cummin....it warms so delicately the perfume...
On my friend's skin it stinks because it has different chemistry thus the sweaty bad smell coming from the cummin.
It's all about chemistry dear Frangratians! There are no disagreements on perfumes...only different chemistry....

Thesheppardswife
Thesheppardswife

Every time I smell this fragrance, it makes me smile. I have known fragrances to make me feel fresh, young, sophisticated, elegant, demure, eccentric, rich, special, but not wide grin happy. This is a first.

I would say most white flowers make themselves known here. The orange blossom, jasmine and also philadelphus aka mock orange. There is a huge shrub of mock orange in our garden, which scents the air constantly, while in bloom. I felt like I had buried my head in a closet of blossom from the garden when I first put Fleurs d'Oranger on.
This frag lasts on me for a few hours so at some point, I should decant some into a spray for the handbag. On fabric, this frag seems to last, almost overwhelmingly for days.
I wonder how Fleurs d'Oranger will behave in summer?
Update - over time I have found that I love this frag on my skin but not on clothing. Something strange happens to it on cloth.

miracleborgtech
miracleborgtech

Orange Blossom explosion! Heady, almost past their prime, bomb of citrus flower heaven! Very excited that it works on my skin because most perfumes like this morph into a saccharine mess. Fleurs d'Oranger has an underlying ripe indolic scent that shifts it into musky, sexy territory. Like a sweaty tropical night. Reminds me of when I lived in Cuba and watched movies at an outdoor theater by a citrus grove.

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

This is a stunningly beautiful perfume.
It opens on my skin with a bright, radiant and sunny orange blossom and a tang of spices. The first time I tried it I was unsure because cumin can go very badly wrong on my skin in some perfumes, where on others it turns into a sweet spice. The opening on me is very "tangy", the cumin and orange blossom in equal measure, and I did worry at first as in the 5-10 minutes at the start the cumin was very pronounced adding a sweaty vibe which I wasn't taken with.
But within just a few minutes as it begins to settle the cumin joins the other spices as a soft, slightly sweet spicy undertone that highlights the beautiful carefree florals. Luckily the white flowers do not turn indolic on me - I think cumin + indolic florals would probably be too much for me, so it is with relief I report that this becomes much cleaner than I had expected.
The orange blossom is the star of the show here, with the jasmine and tuberose being supporting characters - walk on extras rather than co=stars. The heart and drydown of this are just so happy, I don't know how else to put it. This fragrance smells like happiness, carefree sunshine, it is so upbeat!
I see from the reviews that this seems to give quite different results on different people. Fortunately for me I get a beautiful, timeless radiant white floral, with a spicy edge. I have enjoyed wearing this in the winter when it works surprisingly well, and I look forward to trying it in warmer weather too. Once the opening few minutes recede and the perfume settles it becomes suitable for most situations. I love it! Good longevity and projection, I will be saving up for a full bottle.

MadeiraD
MadeiraD

It smells like going to Longwood gardens when I was a kid. This is real orange blossom mingled with other flowers, a spring or summer day, bright sunlight, flowers everywhere but mostly the heady scent of orange blossom.

Bliss.

oktober
oktober

It's a trap!

No orange blossom here. It's a loud tuberose perfume from top to bottom.

Major let-down.

Spicy orange is what I get! Scent is nice, but with an edge. I think it was made for evening out use. Elegant, sophisticated and surely interesting. Wear it if you want to be noticed.

nero77
nero77

Drop dead gorgeous!

Without a doubt one of the most beautiful smells I've come across! It's clean and dirty and lush and pretty all at the same time! So aromatic and indolic and honey-sweet. I think this is a perfume which needs to be experienced. Words alone cannot do it justice.

First of all, it's strong, but not strong in a synthetic way. It's more like the strongest smelling natural flowers I can think of. The name itself is somewhat misleading as Fleurs d'Oranger means "Orange Blossom" and the orange blossom itself is only half the story here. Instead we also have a highly indolic, beautiful and heady sambac jasmine note, which works with the orange blossom to give incredible floral and sensual depth to the perfume. Another huge player here is tuberose... and what a flower that is! It's a rich, creamy, slightly green & tropical flower that really brings the party to this perfume! But it's not too overdone. It's totally wearable as it's more of a sultry, soft honeyed floral (but very deep).

I think this one is similar to Serge Lutens' A la Nuit, which was a huge lush, green, honey sweet indolic jasmine. Here it is a combination between the three white flowers of jasmine, tuberose and orange blossom... with some spice (mainly cumin) to make it a little more sultry/sexy. To me the cumin doesn't come across as sweaty or anything like that, on my skin it's still a very clean floral. I think orange blossom (especially neroli) has a tendency to be soapy clean, as it is a common ingredient in most soaps. But here the other lush & heady white florals, as well as the spices and rose, really serve to make it very sensual and full of character. In a word, on me this smells absolutely divine! If you appreciate fine perfume and beautiful floral smells (especially tuberose and jasmine), then please do try this out. For me it's an absolute love. But try it on your skin first!

ColdDiss
ColdDiss

I have an older bottle of this. I've heard it's changed and I'm a little bit afraid to smell the new one, as I find the old one so perfect...

Fleurs d'Oranger is a clear, sweet white floral accord made radiant by some tangy notes and left out in the sun to sweat. This is less about sex or seduction than the idealized smell of someone blissfully soaking up some very hot solar rays with no sunscreen, skin cancer be damned. It smells like that hot-orange-pink color behind your eyelids. I use it a lot in the winter because it's the next best thing to the real sun.

Cumin behaves itself nicely on my skin, and the sweaty effect discussed above is very subtle -- it provides a tiny bit of spice-bazaar interest rather than smelling like somebody's armpit. For me, this note makes the fragrance.

Soignee
Soignee

I usually love orange blossom or neroli based fragrances. This one has a decent orange blossom opening. However, the spicy notes of nutmeg, cumin, and caraway develop rapidly and overwhelmingly. In its fullness, this scent reminds me of the smell of spice markets in the Middle East.

The spices take away from the crisp freshness that I expect from an orange blossom type of fragrance.

This would never be the fragrance I would wear if I was in the mood for a fresh orange blossom perfume.

sleepy*weasel
sleepy*weasel

First off I get jasmine - lots of it, and I love jasmine, so far so good. Then a combination of florals somewhat peppered up - tuberose, jasmine, hibiscus - so it’s an exotic, well-blended floral, with a nice musk undertone. I really like it; but then I like everything Christopher Sheldrake has done … Becomes a persistent skin scent after a couple of hours, and the orange blossom reappears last, and delightfully. Rare to get citrus returning at the end of a scent - very clever - I have to disagree with Luca on this one: 9/10.

Postumo
Postumo

I don't know where all this cumin/body odor/dirty smell comments come from. I respect them but I wonder why I don't get the same sensations wearing this. For me it's one of the best florals i've ever worn. Fresh, semisweet, full bodied orange blossoms bouquet with some tuberose and jasmin. Great longevity and sillage.

It's spring in a bottle, uplifting and cheerful.

laurie.ackels
laurie.ackels

Starts out with a glorious white flowers scent that is room enveloping....I thought I hit the jackpot. Then the cumin smell comes in strong - strong and pungent enough to have me running for the soap and water.

It's cumin, Cumin, CUMIN - making my stomach roil and filling my sinus cavities.

I don't mind cooking with cumin and it really flavors up the hamburger meat. However, it is not welcome in a white flower spray of perfume.

I'm heartbroken.

Tried it again, sneaking up on it with only 1 scant spray and not smelling it directly. The same thing happened again.

Darn.

尽管有甜橙的衬托,这瓶香水依旧是风骚诱惑的美人胚子。

浓墨重彩,依旧清新可人。
这该是多么难得。

Julie Billi

"Golinka", do you smell geranium? It is not listed & I don't smell it at all! I comment this, because I hate geranium & this perfume is my signature!

golinka
golinka

I like it, but not love it! Crisp, cold, elegant and aristoctaric aroma, quite fruity, yet suffocating in the beginning, but within an hour the sharpness vanishes, geranium comes into place, and stays till the very very end. Did not feel any cumin at all, but maybe it's just my nose and skin. One can definitely call on orange blossom, but jasmine adds some tea note to a compote of scents. I felt some lily of the valley, but it is not in a pyramid. My husband said " it's better than the other ones..." When I asked him to comment on my wrist after a couple of hours wearing it, axaxaxaxa

framorena
framorena

Ok, I understood; to have every SL perfume is one of my (multiple) missions for next year. I have many, and I still haven' t found any disappointing me or either just "like" instead of "love"; high quality, long longevity, heavenly and anusual and addicting fragrances... and reasonable price, also. When you think about orange flowers, you figure may, orange, fresh, spring and summer therefore; well, this perfume is suitable perfectly in autumn and winter too, due to tuberose, a flower as pleasant in spring but warming in winter, and cumin and nutmeg, that warm the complex for the cold seasons. Love.

Sociable Hermit
Sociable Hermit

I must not really know what animalic smells like. This is pure orange blossom and tuberose on my skin and dries down to something clean, delicate and almost paper-like. This is definitely not a skin scent; it projects nicely with a longevity of 12+ hours on my skin with 1-2 sprays.

I wore this during the heat of the summer, and a guy at church told me I smelled like a breath of fresh air. I couldn't have summed up this fragrance any better myself.

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

I completely agree with those reviewers who have a love/hate relationship with this scent. After spraying it on my immediate reaction was love it, beautiful fresh orange blossoms! As it began to drydown I thought ugh, rancid and smoky, what made me think I loved this?? Still later it seemed to balance itself, and I remembered why I loved it. A very intriguing fragrance to be sure! A small amount works best for me, too much and the 'hate it' stage starts early. I do have to be in the mood for it, but it's quite unique,and I've gotten compliments whenever I wear it.

andabri
andabri

Orange blossom, tuberose, jasmine. All there, in their funky, indolic glory. Overly ripe and heady full blooms of white flowers crushed in the hot sun in hot sweaty hands to release the rich floral oils. Then the cumin seeps in, and whoa. So loud and dirty and affronting, it has the potency of a whole field of these flowers in one spray.

When I wear this I can only wear the tiniest spray at a time (which will last all day). I cannot wear this in anything more than tepid weather... the heat just magnifies it, seriously, to noxious fumes level.

When I wore this around my mother once, she immediately told me I smelled like gross mothballs and to stay away from her, haha! Oh, glorious indoles.

I feel this is a unique type of complexity for a scent. It's not complex in the sense that there is a mysterious myriad of notes, but in the manner of how rank it is (despite being such a masterpiece). I mean, as obsessed as I am with it, I can't stand it sometimes. You have to strike a balance.

It's so volatile it's like a game: the right amount, right temperature, reaction with other products (soap/lotion), whether it is appropriate for whatever event/environment you will be in for the day, just feeling in the mood for wearing such a strong scent.

gardeniapetunia

I absolutely cannot decide if I LOVE this or loathe it. Yes, it really is that way. I have been sniffing my arm for 12 hours today, at times it is so beautiful/ exquisite, then others, it's sweaty stinky armpit or some other, uhmm, stinky smell.
They both last forever.

riverbank
riverbank

I really liked this scent on paper but on my skin it was positively poisonous and I finally had to scrub off every trace with alcohol. It would not go away! I have no idea what part of this scent had this effect on me and I'm sure it is probably lovely on someone else, but now I know better than try it again.

oobunillaoo
oobunillaoo

well there is no denying this has orange blossom in it. in fact the orange blossom is probably the only part of this perfume i enjoy. i made the mistake of testing this on a night out and sweet jesus, men would not leave me alone. it smells strongly of indoles and cumin, two elements i cannot enjoy together in any perfume (because when they are together i constantly check the bottom of my shoes for poo and check my armpits for funk), so the male reaction to Fleurs d'Oranger took me by surprise. seriously i wore this for 14 hours (long night) and for 13.5 of those hours i felt like i smelled awful but everyone around me seemed to LOVE it. people at the club were shoving their faces in my neck to smell what i had on. at least 6 people asked what it was so they could try it.

i cannot get past the poo and funky armpit parts of this, which undoubtedly has more to do with my personal preferences than the integrity of the perfume. with that in mind, while i cannot sit here and walk yall through all the notes of this or its evolution, i can absolutely attest to its power of attraction and longevity. if you are the kind of person that wears indolic florals well and want something a bit different, this is definitely one to try. if you wish to attract men this will deliver. i'm glad i tried this, if for no more reason than the possibility of turning people on to Serge Lutens.

despite my inability to wear this, my mind conjures images of beautiful french women walking by gracefully with a trail of Fleurs d'Oranger following them, turning heads along the way. it strikes me as being both traditionally beautiful and entirely feminine. a perfume for classic beauties with a hidden naughty side.

CeceliaHuynh
CeceliaHuynh

This is the best orange blossom fragrance I have ever had. I have since prchased 3 bottles. It always get compliments and smells like no other perfume. It's sweet and floral but it has warmth.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

The cumin warms this fragrance, and grounds it. It's amazing how well the orange blossom works with this spicy addition. They are consummate. The cumin deepens the orange to an almost rind-like sweetness and darkness.

The rose, jasmine and tuberose are understated in each of their adoptions, however, like most Lutens fragrances, it isn't so much what each note does alone, but what they do together. The harmony here is exquisite. There is a balmy quality which I imagine is the product of the hibiscus. This is one of the top most well-conceived fragrances. It's a labour of love.

On my skin it is gorgeously glittering, sweet, and robust. It is summer in a bottle.

This is one of the finest in the line, behind Fille en Aiguilles. Gris Clair and Gingerambre probably follow close behind.

This one is a real compliment getter too. It lingers around you in a fabulous, almost sultry cloud.

Julie Billi

This is my third review.
FDO is my signature...I cannot do a minute without it....it is my second skin, I am addicted to it & I overspray it!
I read an article where the creator suggests combinations of SL perfumes. I will combine it with Ambre Sultan for Autumn & Winter! Yeah!

Lexxy
Lexxy

Why o whyyy did they have to add cumin to this amazing beauty!?!? I mean I still love it, it's fresh real smelling orange blossom mixed with voluptuous feminine tuberose is to die for, but it does smell a bit sweaty. Not too much but when I went in for a sniff up close I did wonder if I had forgotten to put deodorant on for a sec. I'm on the hunt for something similar without the cumin. Till then I'll enjoy my sample :)

EDIT-I've been wearing this on really hot days and the cumin really isn't too bad and it's better when I spray it on skin rather than on clothes for some reason.

merlinarbor
merlinarbor

Argh! I wish I could smell what everyone else is smelling in this fragrance. I have tried it on 3 different occasions, but it's wan and super watered-down to my nose, gone in an hour or two. Not at all like others describe it--huge, long-lasting, big sillage. Houbigant's Orangers en Fleurs is the same way for me. How can this be possible?!

Just received it!Wow!!!
This is a party of white flowers dancing & flerting on my skin! The orange flower comes fresh with its sweet delicate blossom, like a beautiful lady! Then it's the part of tuberose, strong & creamy, it is the gentleman! I also get the jasmine which is the dance teacher, connecting the 2 lovers! I love it, it's strong & I get wifs of it all the time!
Bravo Serge! This is an honest perfume, that delivers what is promissing...

update: May 22nd today (1 month later) & just ordered my second bottle!! I overdose spray it & I love it!!! (only my husband opens the window in the car as he cannot stand it!) HAHAHAHA!

July 18th: It has become my signature perfume! I get sooooo many compliments from everybody! Unfortunately I only get it from e bay, as Shiseido the Company that used to import it in Greece, does not sell it in the stores any more.... I will try Cedre for winter.....

Julie Billi

This is my first blind buy! It is based on this perfume's ingredients (I am an oragne blossom lover) + the so many positive reviews! So, if I don't like it, I will blame all positive reviewers! :) :)
After testing, I will write mine....

Mariame
Mariame

This is a fine and eclectic orange flower blossom that shines over jasmin and tuberose flower.
Sophisticated and feminine blend that warms and lingers the skin.
The sensual kiss of the exotic sun rays .

spidola
spidola

Maestro Sheldrake managed to bottle the sun… this perfume shines and it's plenty of life!It’s bold, creamy, but also elegant and classy. In the combo of tuberose and orange blossom, both are competing for the dominant position and I guess it’s tuberose that wins. I like a lot the citruses in the opening – it adds freshness and avoids the composition turn too cloying. And it would not be one fume of Serge Lutens without some special trick. And this trick here is bitter caraway. It appears with a rose and this combination is like a whiff of 1876, Histoires de Perfumes. It comes and goes, but it’s not heavy for my nose.
I like this perfume very much and I would wear it gladly.
Longevity good - 6 hours

Denoula
Denoula

This is glorious and amazing. It is just as heady and intoxicating as the blossom on the citrus trees in April, which I adore. It's all about orange flowers; I don't get much, if anything, of other notes except a hint of the warmth and creaminess of tuberose.
Very good lasting power; it came through a shower almost undiminished.

calyx93
calyx93

To: Vie Cafe - seems like many fragrances in the Fragrantica database that include cumin only offered the option of caraway for some time - hence many frangrances that feature cumin instead display caraway as the ingredient.

Let's hope Fragrantica changes these errors at some point soon.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Make no mistake: the ingredients in SL's Fleurs d'Oranger are of a superior quality, and you will get your money's worth in silage and longevity.

I like white florals -- tuberoses, jasmines and gardenias. However, I've noticed that I'm shying away from these scents when they take a LOUD centre stage. This is one such fragrance for me. It is rich and oily in white flowers...and FECAL! (You know? Like the Outkast song "Roses"?) Lawd ha' mercy, is it fecal! Members have described it as a "sweaty" fragrance, and I agree (probably a combination of cumin and roses?).

My absolute favourite flower is the orange blossom. It is most definitely alive and well in this juice, but so propped up by other white flowers that it is less delicate. Jo Malone's Orange Blossom is much more to my liking.

hadassa
hadassa

Fresh, sweet and naturally smelling orange flower, I thought. I thought this could be my new love.

I'm so glad I don't practice blind buys anymore, and always test fragrances on the skin.

Warning, orange blossom enthusiasts: SL Fleurs d'Oranger is a civet bomb! On my wrist the civet is so strong, so intense that I am literally afraid to breathe.

This is exactly the same note as in Musc Koublai Khan, I am 100% sure it's the same raw material.

I don't mind a bit of skunk, especially in romantic florals. Remember Diorissimo? A touch of dirtiness makes the lily of the valley stand out, and the whole composition remains pure.

But here it's just too much. Yes, the orange blossom is fresh and fragrant in its full bloom, but THIS note from MKK ruins the whole experience for me.

Definitely not safe for gifts and blind buys. And, as usual with the perfumes you dislike, it lasts forever.

It is a luxurious fragrance with orange and rose in it. It's quite warm, sweet and spicy at the same time. I would love to have a bath gel with similar scent.

Not to my taste at all.
I got a sample and to be honest I never even looked at the name as I wanted to test myself on the notes...not much of a test I can tell you.
First thing that struck me, orange blossom....white blossomy waxy tuberose, sweet jasmine and in a onslaught of white floral. If you love that then you're in luck because it's here in abundance and I think the combination is good because it keeps the sweetness from becoming too much. However, to me it's quite soapy like Neroli/tuberose or other white florals and although the orange blossom is prominent it's too feminine for me and there's nothing else really to discover after the opening.
Longevity and projection are insanely good on this I found spraying a small amount on my pulse points and it was unrelenting.

I'm ready to take my excitement of this fragrance back.

I tried Olene by Diptique and it smells almost the same.

Very familiar jasmine. And white flowers. Maybe even orange blossom.

But Olene was launched in 1988, while Fleurs d'Oranger - in 2003.

It's not good. Next time I will buy Olene for sure. Besides, it's not so indolic.

I'm upset( The same story with Red Roses by Jo Malone and Sa Majeste la Rose.

I'm tired of luxe fragrances that smell similar, but niche fragrances... Oh, please, not anymore(((

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Into the 10th hour of generous amounts of this scent on my skin it is still very evident and finally a beautiful soft orange blossom, which I wish it had been all along. This fragrance started out with a huge bang and explosion of scent on my skin. The first few notes, though loud, featured a pretty orange blossom. Unfortunately, this was quickly overtaken by an even louder 'look at me' tuberose that remained in control for more than 3 hours. Finally some jasmine came in and softened up the scent a bit. I never smelled the rose more than as a faint fleeting possibility. It was all about the tuberose. It is a pretty tuberose and a pleasant scent, but too loud, bordering on screechy for me. There is something about a very dominant tuberose that reminds me of fingernails scraping on a blackboard. Ugh! This is a scent for someone whose skin loves tuberose and softens it. That someone is not me.

Germany
Germany

This is a very good tuberose sweetened with orange blossom. I love the accent of nutmeg and rose , lovely feminine and sexy. I smell jasmine and caraway the later makes this very different and interesting. This is not my typical kind of smell , but what a refreshing change from my normally woody scents.

KC1998
KC1998

there are so many reviews so I hate to add another one but I have to say a lot of people ask me about this smell- I always think this too strong but other people like it, people have asked me where to get it... Is one of my favorite.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

A beautiful and classy orange and tuberose scent, smells a little like Datura Noir but not as spicy.
I like this fragrance and the beauty of Serge Lutens is that every note is apparent to my nose. Normally I have trouble defining certain notes but I'm in no doubt with any SL fragrance.
The initial spritz is a soft and delicate orange blossom adorned with the sweet smell of tuberose and jasmin. White florals add to this composition and the overall effect is a very feminine and floral perfume.
Another beauty from the house of SL, certainly worth adding a bottle to my collection.
As with all SL frags, projection is very good and longevity is impressive.
Well worth the price tag.

Antares811

Beautiful floral, elegant and feminine. Fresh and longlasting. A masterpiece.

christianne1
christianne1

I tend to not like orange blossom or tuberose...but I got a number of samples from Serge Lutens and I decided to give it a shot. And what do you know...I like this. My sample is the perfume solid and I'm not sure if that makes much of a difference but this smells rather mellow and nice and not the usual "screeching" (and somewhat sneezy) orange blossom that I have tried in the past. The tuberose is in a hefty dose and I don't really smell one more than the other. The orange blossom and tuberose are clearly vying for the first place position. The other notes are just background music. It finally settles into a sweet rose with a touch of citrus. Fleurs d'Oranger was a very pleasant surprise for me and I really like it.

heymoe9
heymoe9

California born and bred, orange trees everywhere, even in my backyard. Forget the fruit, I love the blossoms. This one smells fresh and fun. Lasts all day on me.

parLAnuit
parLAnuit

lovable- without a doubt-
must try and then must buy

esteban747
esteban747

Hopefully Fleur d'jasmin will smell like orange blossoms, because Fleur d'oranger smells like tuberose and jasmine.
The orange/orange blossom is there, just not as the most obvious note.
This is a beautiful composition, at first a little strong but it turns more delicate after a couple of minutes, the name may be a little misleading, simply because this is not what most people may expect from a orange blossom fragrance.
More tuberose and jasmine than anything else.

UPDATE: I had to try Fleur d'Oranger one more time, I couldn't be so wrong. The name says it all.
I tried again and the first thing I noticed was jasmine, then tuberose. It's hard to find other notes, because this two white flowers suppress the others.

Petal85
Petal85

Very delicate - I had to put quite a lot on to even smell it. The orange blossom/tuberose were the main notes, but after a while the rose scent was very evident and then it was orange blossom/rose. It lasted all day but I don't think anyone else would notice it unless they were very close physically. A lovely light feminine fragrance.

VeronicaRoy

Too much sweaty Indian tuberose in this.

VeronicaRoy

Lovely orange flowers at first, but in 20 minutes it turns into a smell of sweat and musty old velvet curtains. That is a pity. Lutens' Fleurs de Citronnier is purer, cleaner altogether.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

For quite some time I thought orange blossom wasn't my thing. It turned soapy, sharp and bitter on my skin. Or heavy and syrupy. But never like the real thing. I preferred jasmine over orange blossom in perfumes. But not when it came to the real flowers.
Serge Lutens' Fleur d'Oranger sings on my skin. It sings of summer, of the white wisteria outside my boyfriends house. It sings the song of chestnut blooms even, releasing their perfume when it rains. It sings of dense air, heavy laden with the fragrance of white flowers. It sings of rays of sunshine and balmy nights.

There's a hint of soapyness, a hint of dirtyness, and I'm quite sure that it is one of the most beautiful perfumes ever to touch my skin.

hbomb9410
hbomb9410

When I tested this, I sprayed the inside of my left elbow, then a few hours later I sprayed the inside of my right elbow. On the left elbow, I never smelled the cumin, but on the right elbow, I picked it up about an hour in--subtle but certainly present, cheerfully sweaty like a couple of teenagers who just had a particularly vigorous roll in the hay.

I was curious about this fragrance mostly for the cumin note that some love, some hate, and some can't detect. Beyond that, it really is a lovely, creamy orange blossom accented with a potpourri of complimentary floral notes. If you love the floral aspects of this fragrance but don't care for the sweaty facet, I strongly recommend testing Houbigant's new Orangers En Fleurs. The two smell nearly identical, only Houbigant eliminates the cumin and slightly elevates the nutmeg. I'm glad I tried the Lutens variation, but I'm keeping Houbigant on my want list to fill the orange blossom slot in my perfume wardrobe.

CoralPlumeria
CoralPlumeria

I grew up with lemon and orange trees in my parents front yard, and I was really excited to try this fragrance. At first whiff, it totally smelled like orange blossoms but then there was this sense of it being too familiar--almost like a powdery/industrial smell. And then I knew it, it reminded me of the way Dail Antibacterial Soap smells. I did get a hint of coriander, but I really think a hint of cloves rather than coriander would give it a less of a mass market soapy feel, considering the price. I would layer this frangrace with a rose based fragrance. Neroli and rose tend to compliment each other very well.

dhoakohime
dhoakohime

How odd...the first time i tried this it was a lovely white floral with a very soft cumin background....today i tested it again from 2 different testers and the cumin note was so sharp...that it totally overwhelmed the floral notes (yeah..as if white flowers were soft!!!) with it's acrid sweatiness....i'll give it more test runs because the change between the 2 times i tested it is unbelievable

savitanaraine
savitanaraine

So disappointed in this scent because it sounded so beautiful from the reviews. There is one note that I dislike, it smells like bird feed. Maybe it's the caraway seeds.

Cams
Cams

Fantastic! The cumin note is light and wonderful and the white floral notes are delicately beautiful - as long as its not applied too heavily. Wonderful surprise!

suzrwin
suzrwin

Was so looking forward to testing this one. The promise of cumin had me drooling in anticipation. Sadly, my sample seems to be cumin-deficient.

About two hours in, the thought popped into my head...Do I want to smell--heavily--of orange blossom with strong after-auras of tuberose and jasmine???

Nope.

Mainly I was bored. If only that cumin had shown his naughty little head, this would have gone from fruity floral to fabulousness. Perhaps I need a new sample. Willing to try again some day.

Kiera79
Kiera79

Starts off as a beautiful orange blossom and tuberose scent but after the dry down turns into.... Grape jelly. Weird.

Warm, radiant and charming oriental lively floral fragrance!

Most of all I feel the jasmine, orange blossom or even also orange notes in it sweetened by the tuberose note. The nutmeg and caraway notes are also noticeable and make this fragrance oriental. The white rose note is not very intensive, but brings its charm to the fragrance, too.

First I tried it in Vienna, Austria and couldn't forget it. That is why I immediately bought it, when I came back to Moscow, Russia. "Must have" for me!:)

It smells so intensively floral. Very impressive!

Love it!!!

p.s. I would love it more if it was less indolic.

antfarm
antfarm

One of the most overpowering florals out there. I just put a dab on my wrist once and felt like I was tied to an orange blossom tree with petals being rammed up my nose. Also the cumin comes in after an hour like a bad joke, just to add B.O. insult to orange blossom injury. Probably lovely on people who can cope with those notes, but I can't.

BillyC28
BillyC28

This is the most creative, unique, awesome take on orange blossom that has ever been! I had worn Le Labo Fleurs d'Oranger and Tubereuse 40 before and sampled many and then THIS!!

This Fleurs d'Oranger is truly a masterpiece and the 1st time I smelt it I was in kind of a shock, because the game changer with this creation is the addition of tubereuse and jasmine which amplify the white floral aspect significantly (heady, indolic and not like in Tubereuse 40)and CUMIN....CUMIN, CUMIN, CUMIN.

The cumin in this is VERY prominent to my nose and as a lover of orientals and Indian spices imagine why this is my favorite take on Orange Blossom. Best.

finanna
finanna

My review is based on nearly finishing a 50ml EdP. I got this one ages ago and have been using it on days when I need an olfactory antidepressant (seriously, it is perfect for dark, cold winter days when you just want to stay in bed).

On me FdO is a spicy, sweet orange blossom, nearly a soliflore. Tuberose tries to coexist, but it is quickly beaten to death by a gargantuan orange blossom. This stuff can be cloying if overdosed, but with appropriate application it is just beautiful! Cumin adds warmth, but FdO never gets animalic or “sweatty”.

This used to be my favourite orange blossom until Seville a l’aube came to the market. I still find FdO beautiful, but prefer the less sweet Seville a l’aube. FdO has excellent longevity&projection. A must try for orange blossom lovers (or those trying to cope with dark, cold winter).

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

I'm super sensitive to tuberose, and can't handle it in Fracas, Poison and all those big tuberose note perfumes. As a slight hint I like it, but here it very nearly drowns out the neroli or orange blossom. So if you don't like tuberose, you won't love this, but like many Serge Lutens, the flower notes feel authentic, almost simplistic albeit in a BIG way.

persefoni
persefoni

...a true orange flower scent! as time goes by, the woods and other flowers start to whisper on your skin.... still, the orange flower is pretty faithful....

lakuota
lakuota

What I get here are sharp metallic notes of white flowers. It lacks warmness, opposite to Prada Infusion Fleurs d'Orange, which I prefer.
It's a decent perfume, I'd guess even the great pick for fresh florals lovers, but it didn't impress me. I expected more from SL. More complexness, greater evolution, even more art and heart. Well, something is not quite there, I'm going to stick with Prada.

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

I love this. Very well made. Makes me feel happy. Some say the orange is sharp, but not at all if you love citrus scents like I do. Wear it to work and you feel less stressed, beautiful, and cheerful. I wear it in the spring and winter whenever clouds are a bit dark and it uplifts the mood immediately. Love it !

charts
charts

I just couldn't stomach this. As someone who loves woody, orientals and gourmanrs I mistakenly thought this might had a bit of spice on it. Not realising it had tuberose in it I had one little spray. My body does not like tuberose at all (which I discovered with Fracas) and this quickly, within 30 minutes turned into a cat uriney smell. I love Serge but I think I'll stick with the Bois line.

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

I got this as a sample from Barney's and OMG, its really lovely. However, its a bloomer so must be very careful that you don't apply too much. This is not all tuberose, however the tuberose is tempered by a very natural smelling orange blossom with a bit of citrus and a base of barely there nutmeg. This really is a very nicely balanced scent.

Not one for someone who hates tuberose at all, but for someone who can tolerate it but want it in small doses, but also wants to have a quality perfume.

Sillage can be extreme unless you temper the sprays (I used 3 and it was probably one too many) Longevity is pretty nice, still 6 hours in and it hasn't faded.

This goes on my wish list!!

Czarette
Czarette

Got this as part of a tuberose sampler and was "meh". Then tried it again a few days ago (mid summer) for the heck of it and WOW! I don't know what orange blossoms smell like but whatever this is GORGEOUS! Really made the back of my throat almost full and my mouth watery but not in a food way. Unlike Jo Malone Orange Blossom which smells like an orange lollipop when initially applied and I find you have to wait it out for the fruitiness to die off, this is blossomy from the very beginning. I've been craving it and can't wait until my larger sample arrives.

I cannot smell the cumin at all and hope I never do. The soap-ness and powdery-ness others get are not strong and only intermittent. I attribute them to the tuberose.

Just don't buy this hoping for tuberose because it's way more not tuberose and what I think Orange blossoms must be, than anything else. And I am coming from Carnal Flower as my HG Tuberose; this is worlds away from that.

None the less I really do love it.

SecondCherry
SecondCherry

The perfect orange blossom for me. Heavy, indolic, dirty - the scent of an orange grove in the warm night. It makes me feel completely happy. It's taken me a year to justify the outlay for this (bought one second-hand on Ebay.fr) but oh the joy when it arrived. i was down to the last couple of drops in my mini, which was a freebie. I wear this scent when I need to feel calm - such as during a small operation I had recently. Wonderful.

Deevee
Deevee

Holy cow, is this ever orange blossom. Wet, this is a full scale assault on your olfactory senses. Tuberose? Oh yeah. Orange flowers? You betcha. Jasmine? Would be unbalanced other than the orange flowers and tuberose are keeping in check by pure force. On dry down, it becomes much more polite. Long lived scent reminds me of summer in an orange grove. Still, a tour de force in white floral scents. This is a one spray perfume. Finely balanced between “She smells wonderful” and “What IS that scent?”

Nice, but not for everyone.

emily7
emily7

Rich, saturated, powerful composition of spicy, oily, orangy happiness and sexiness in a bottle. Doesn't smell urban, polite or conservative, but oriental and natural (a bit dirty and kind of crazy, too).
The Holy Grail of cumin worshipers.

Jayne58
Jayne58

My husband said "you smell nice!" twice in the space of an hour. Now that's unheard of. As others have said, this is indolic, rich white flowers with, for me, an emphasis on the jasmine rather than the orange blossom. The spicy touch of cumin adds depth and richness. The longevity is great, seeing me through a long day at work with no need to reapply.

MerlinAbsolute
MerlinAbsolute

Uniqueness: 7/10
Overall: 8.5/10

I first encountered this fragrance through a local perfume shop that specializes in higher end European perfumes. Man is this amazing! The jasmine and orange blossoms are prominent while the white flowers are nice and soft in the background.

On my wrist it's more powdery than some of the other jasmine-dominant scents (like Guerlain's Jasminora) but it's a fresh powderiness as opposed to a cloying kind. I would have liked to see the rose a stronger player, but it's still very sweet. Definitely one of the stronger jasmine-dominant scents in my books.

I usually don't like tuberose but in this, it's just the right dosage to make it unobtrusive while very elegant. Very pleased.

The longevity on my skin is utterly amazing--I could smell it after over 12 hours, and that was after having taken a long shower.

Orange blossom is a floral note I have recently become quite fond of, after having discovered Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino during a very hot, and summery January. I was hoping that Fleurs d'Oranger would be just as captivating and beautiful on the skin, yet I find this fragrance to be more tuberose than orange blossom. I am glad to see that Victoria from Bois de Jasmin sees this composition the same way as I do, and I recommend you read her review also.

Fleurs d'Oranger is a rather rich and creamy blend of orange blossom, tuberose, jasmine and syrupy honey. It smells a little medicinal to my nose, like a fragrance I could liken to the scent of an ointment or a medicated gel. I don't mean that in a bad way, as Fleurs d'Oranger is rather pleasant in terms of the way it smells, but for me personally it radiates a clean, antiseptic quality.

While I admit that I like this fragrance to a certain extent, I also find it a little uninspiring. I have smelt much more fascinating Serge Lutens than this one. I think Fleurs d'Oranger is a bit of a crowd pleaser, which doesn't interest me.

The composition itself is mostly heady white florals, golden in nature, with subtle spices and sweet vanilla. It's a very elegant and expensive smelling fragrance, so I would recommend Fleurs d'Oranger for formal and classic wear.

The longevity is very impressive, lasting on the skin well over eight hours. All in all, a very regal white floral.

fanny
fanny

A classic flower scent, like a vintage Dior.
The opening is all about orange blossom; when it settles down, tuberose becomes more prominent together with jasmin.
Freshly cut flowers, very realistic.

J'adore Fleurs D'Oranger for its fresh elegance, its rich character and its outstanding sillage and longevity.

id
id

expensive, rich, oily natural jasmine. Linear, long lasting.

rosecat
rosecat

This is my signature scent, I am in love with it, I am truly grateful for its existence. Its a natural scent, warm honeyed nectar rich pure Orange blossoms straight up! Its so balmy, very rich sultry & so warm. Imagine an orange tree grove in bloom, the sweet nector and the hot sun shining down...so warm ..mmmmmm. I think there is a touch of amber in this though its not listed.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Wonderful, amazing perfume. Instand love for me. It reminds me of so much great things, I can't describe it. I love this! Very expensive but long lasting.

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

This is such a pretty floral floral. No one would be offended by this one. The neroli, tuberose and spice are cleverly interwoven, and the result is truly beautiful. I have found though, that it's lasting power and projection are not what I was hoping for. It's such a shame because it's so lovely. I'm still looking for the Lutens that will tick all the boxes for me.

profumi73
profumi73

Un parfum sucré, d'une grande sensualité qui laisse un joli sillage.
Il est merveilleux.

delphine67
delphine67

I test this one today on my skin, I love the opening of fresh orangeflower. wich remind me much of the orangeflower water from Morocco.Then the white flowers come in and those I dont like. There is also a note that reminds me a little bit of old sweat. Dont know wich note that is. But this is not a perfume for me.

Cereza
Cereza

It's always an adventure when I put on something by Serge Luten's, because most of the simply do not work on me.
Case with Fleur d'Oranger is different. I fell in love with it from the first sniff. It's addictive, feminine, very warm and very sensual. It's such a happy perfume, makes me smile and imagine myself in a hot summer night.

Miss Picky
Miss Picky

Mouthfeel. Do you perfume people have an equivalent term for the nose? Because this is the feeling I get from Fleurs d'Oranger: a fragrant lightness that nevertheless fills my nose. I put my nose to my wrist, and I sniff and sniff and sniff, like rolling a lovely Chablis around my mouth. Wonderful.

It's really a lovely fragrance, of obvious quality. On me it's quite linear; I get a slight bitterness in the drydown which I suppose is the cumin, but it doesn't smell like cumin to me (and I'm normally verrrry sensitive to it). The hibiscus also comes through fairly strong for me, making it seem very summery and almost tropical. But mainly, it's a rich white floral treated with delicacy and finesse; ie it's rich without being cloying or indolic.

I think it would be the perfect summer or office scent for you big white flower lovers. I'm not so into florals myself so probably won't buy a bottle, but I can't deny the quality of this one.

Yamba1
Yamba1

I am in pursuit of the perfect orange blossom so was eager to try Fleurs D'oranger. The opening is strong white floral on me and somewhat overly sweet. The intensity settles after about 15mins but from then on develops into something that is almost like a caricature of what an orange blossom should be.
I kept thrusting my wrist under my husband's nose in the hope that his impression of the perfume would differ from mine.
Sadly, his summation: Toilet freshener! The search continues....

thelaurenator
thelaurenator

At first, I loved this. Like A La Nuit, it smelled like a living flower. The orange blossom was not the usual shrill soapy mess it can be in most neroli based perfumes, and I appreciate that about this scent. I LOVE the tuberose and jasmine that comes out in the beginning. But, the dry down on me smelled like plasticky, soapy musk. Looking at the note description, it must be what's being called "floral musk." Well, the floral musk unfortunately does not play well with my skin, and the lovely opening doesn't last. So, I won't be needing a bottle of this.

adele l
adele l

This is a gorgeous tuberose freshened up and sweetened (possibly by the orange flowers)...the rose and jasmine are barely there. Very feminine and beautiful, smells of fresh flowers. Great staying power but very soft after a few minutes.

njdeb
njdeb

Ahhh, orange blossom laced with soft, creamy tuberose and jasmine. This is my kind of white flower scent – sunny and natural smelling. Lush but not cloying and not a bit of powder or sharpness. A tad soapy as it develops – the only thing that detracts slightly from my love of it. I agree with lialu, sooo much better than Prada's Infusion de Fleurs d'Orange. Try it.

lialu
lialu

Lovely. The ultimate in orange blossom. Tuberose makes it a bit more creamy. Not too strong. Perfect for everyday, discreet. Much, much better than Pradas Infusion de fleurs d'orange

floriana
floriana

The most original and natural mix of orange blossom and tuberose I ever smelt.
Jasmin note is quiet and brings harmony in composition.
And must confess, one of the best tuberose performance ever. Is this a new release of tuberose?
In the opening, smell amazing orange blossom with tuberose,/jasmin is a little lighter,/ and after one hour becomes musky.
Not powdery or creamy,just musky tuberose.
Unique scent.

pansylady
pansylady

If you have the winter doldrums and need a good dose of Vitamin C, look no further- this beautiful fragrance is just what the doctor ordered! It is a full-bodied orange blossom with just enough of an indolic note from jasmine and cumin to make it purr- I used only about 1/5 of a ml- and despite having a bad cold and only about 50% of my usual olfactory ability, I was quite impressed with its presence- highly recommended if you are a white floral fan!

Coppertone suntan lotion--the unmistakeable scent of each and every one of their products that leads me never to buy anything of that brand--was the first thing that came to mind when I sprayed on Serge Lutens' FLEURS D'ORANGER. In fact, the impression did not fade with time: after a few minutes I felt that I had spritzed a white floral fragrance on top of my already Coppertone suntan lotion slathered-skin!

Now, for those who like Coppertone, this is a real winner. But for those, like me, who shun that strong, domineering smell--even at the beach--FLEURS D'ORANGER is definitely not the neroli fragrance of choice. Désolée!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

This starts out as a lovely, strong, indole-rich orange blossom scent that is interspersed by a few whiffs of what seems to be sandalwood. In the drydown, it changes completely to something like a grape candy scent. After the first 20 minutes the fleur d'oranger scent is gone, but what's left is pleasant and interesting. I like this one, and am sure I'll use up my sample.

poppy_vanderbilt
poppy_vanderbilt

Tuberose and Orange Blossom...this frag is fantastic...if you like Tuberose but have a hard time finding a Tuberose scent that isn't too cloying you should try this...it is soft and delicate and lovely just a very pretty and well made fragrance...between this and Arabie i am beginning to think Serge Lutens creators are geniuses.

ferrari
ferrari

Very bright, heady flower scent. Tuberose play with jasmine, which is stronger. Smell is an extremely rich and vivid, a little oily. Yes, its nice, but for me is a bit too strong

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

Gorgeous orange blossom scent. I lived in South America for a long time, and this reminds me so vividly of the heavy orange blossom smell on warm summer nights. It's the closest to the real thing I have smelled so far.

caribou55313
caribou55313

The scent of pure happiness - sunshine, sex and flowers!

zoka
zoka

It is very special fragrance. Only me and orange blossom are not best friends but I do like it. Maybe it is not for casual use but with proper use it is really interesting and could be noticed among crowds.

noor_jehan
noor_jehan

this is such a feminine and distinguished fragrance. beutiful orange blossom fragrance, not too sweet and just a bit austere, but sunny and luminous. the trace is long and soft. i can imagine that this could be a fragrance of choice if you decide to wear only one. for an elegant and feminine woman. beutiful.

2007

Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens 3.89 out of 5 based on 822 ratings and 128 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.