Designers » R S » Oriental Woody « Groups

dislike

milky
coconut
Jeux de Peau Serge Lutens for women and men Pictures

Jeux de Peau by Serge Lutens is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. Jeux de Peau was launched in 2011. Top notes are milk and wheat; middle notes are coconut, licorice and immortelle; base notes are osmanthus, apricot, spices, sandalwood, woody notes and amber.

Milk Wheat

Coconut Licorice Immortelle

Osmanthus Apricot Spices Sandalwood Woody Notes Amber

Santal Majuscule
Praline de Santal

Jeux de Peau Fragrance Reviews

That one doesn't work for me, it is too foody, not n a nice way!?like the smell isn't pretty to my nose, I couldn't wear it, because the idea of smelling like bread isn't my goal!! I have a hard time with Lutens, he easily sacrifice the prettiness in a smell for sone weird edges!? I do admit I kind of like the milkiness, but not enough to wear it..
That one is a big no for me!!

Yurpdod
Yurpdod

The first thing you'll notice in Jeux de Peau is its majestic, full, lush, golden wheat goodness -- very "amber waves of grain." Underneath this grand, sweeping sensation is a beautiful undercurrent of whole milk. This is bolstered by a gorgeous apricot note, that is taken to over-the-top ripeness with the addition of osmanthus, which suggests decadent fruity fleshiness. This scent taps into so many pastoral visions of a halcyon farm with fields of wheat, cows and fresh whipped cream with ripe apricots, freshly baked shortbread, dusty immortelle, and freshly cut firewood. It wears exquisitely on the skin and creates an enchanting fragrance aura. Jeux de Peau is an enthralling piece of olfactory art that I would be proud to wear.

For a perfect visual representation of this Jeux de Peau, google image search "Rodarte wheat dress." Seriously, just google it; it will only take a second. The fashion house Rodarte created a line of gowns that were screenprinted with an image of an idyllic blue sky and golden wheat. There was never a more perfect fragrance-fashion combination than this.

weasley
weasley

Some Serge Lutens scents are my favorites, but this one didn't work for me, it's just too strange and a little bit unpleasant. Something about the milk with licorice just doesn't make sense to my nose, I would never eat cereal with milk and then dazzle som licorice on the top. I like the powderyness of the wheat in this fragrance, kind of like the effect of the rice in Kenzo Amour, but it almost gets to dry and suffocating.

I do appreciate the creativity and I can definitely understand how some people like it. But try before you buy.

2lipsinHolland
2lipsinHolland

On me this fragrance opens with the smell of roasting almonds then it slowly opens to a sweet butter smell with a hint of coconut and licorice - always milky delicious edible -Not overpowering feminine sweet but warm and not dry - it gives me a "grrr" in the back of my throat...Absolutely LOVE THIS fragrance on me...this winter it will be my signature scent.

Hellita
Hellita

I was so excited about my first meeting with Jeux de Peau. From the notes this sounded simply delicious, and it was very promising smelling the bottle cap in the store. But after only 5 minutes into the first spritz all my hope was gone:

It's not you Jeux de Peau, it's me! I'm the reason why we can't be together.

Turned out to be a TOTAL clash with my skin chemistry and after 30 min. I had to scrub it off. But the scent itself is beautiful - really! Creamy, delicious and special. Too bad the wheat (or something else in there) turned sour on me.

I really hoped this would work out, but unfortunately I have to leave this baby to you people that have better skin chemistry than I do with it. Maybe the clash is due to my hayfever (pollen allergies?). Don't know.

I would not recommend a blind buy, but I would definately recommend you trying it out! If it works, it's probably magic! :)

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

Absolutely unequivocal opening of fresh-baked soft pretzel: yeasty, buttery, and SALTY. This is the only perfume I've ever smelled that has truly captured the scent of salt. I've smelled so many wondering what a salt note would smell like. Gentle Readers, I have found it.

Later on it smells like buttered popcorn and white flower, which is a little disconcerting, and by late afternoon it smells simply and faintly of osmanthus.

Wild ride.

shiva-woman
shiva-woman

I just received a sizeable sample from this from the SL Les Salons. The notes listed are pretty accurate to my nose--but the combination is unbelievable. This is the scent, like so many of his creations, of my childhood. Specifically, this is the smell of a certain day in a certain valley or meadow in the Sierras. This one does not have the heavenly cedar that is in other SLs (and that definitely would place it at my childhood home), but the licorice and wheat, the osmanthus--the dryness of the scent are amazing. The milk disappears fast leaving a light delicate sweetness behind. This is the slightly dusty road, the scent of summer at its height, the flowers for whom spring has fled. It is far more "wearable" than say Arabie. After reading more reviews, I suppose some might find it gourmand--and it is in a way--but for me it just has associations of the outdoors, the afternoon, a breeze rippling through the fennel with the smells of nature. I love SL perfumes, and this is definitely going in my FB worthy category. The sillage is moderate and longevity moderate.

po
po

I was very eager to smell Jeux de Peau lately, to the point that I almost blind bought a bottle. I mean, sandalwood, licorice and immortelle are among my favourite notes, can also get along with the rest pretty well in most cases and it's supposed to capture the smell of a bakery? Bring it on!

At last I swapped for a decant and I wouldn't have been disappointed if it was a blind buy in the first place.

The opening seems to be much fruitier than I expected, the combination of apricot and osmanthus gives a fresh, vibrant effect and although it took me by surprise I really like it!

During the heart I expected freshly baked croissants but I get buttery cookies filled with apricot jam instead, which is still delicious of course. I don't get bread either, Bois Farine has much more prominent yeasty notes and it's more modest in sweetness.

The drydown is less gourmand, all about silky smooth milky sandalwood - still on the sweet side - and admittedly the Lutens sandalwoods are well made. The drydown here is similar to the one of Santal Blanc but Jeux de Peau is more multilayered overall. It's often compared to Santal Majuscule as well but I don't agree; the later is far drier and the cocoa powder makes it quite bittersweet.

Projection is very low after the first hour with 5-6 hours longevity. I'm not sure if I'll end up investing in a full bottle but for the time being I'm glad to own a decant of the delightfully quirky Jeux de Peau.

gottfried
gottfried

I can see longevity being a problem with this one. Very short life on my skin.
Nice scent though, like stepping into a little cafe/bakery with coffee and sweet buttery biscuits

natashad11
natashad11

Coconut, milk and sandalwood is what smells prominent. Initially it smells kind if tropical to me because of the coconut and sandalwood then as it dries down the milk is there and it's milder and sweeter, like frothed milk. BUT there's something in the backend of it always this weird tangy smell, I'm no sure if it;s the wheat or the spices or immortelle but I'm positive it's not the liquorice. It smells like...a window screen or chiffon sheers when it rains and they become damp. I know that is probably the weirdest description I could give but that's what's throwing it off for me. Based on how immortelle is described I think that's the tangy smell throwing this off for me.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Jeux de Peau is much too gourmand for my personal taste, but it is a deliciously intriguing fragrance.

Opening with warm milk spiked with licorice, then settling into a wintery breakfast delight.

The whole composition evokes thoughts of malty Aussie Weetbix from my childhood (what do you call it here in North America? Weetabix?)--bricks of compacted wheat flakes with an earthy deliciousness. Sprinkle on a little brown sugar and pour on warm milk, serve with some hot buttered toast and spicy apricot jam on the side.

Heart-warming with a little sharp interest from the discordant licorice which does soften somewhat in the drydown. Delicious, but not a wearable perfume for me.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

My food tastes have evolved since childhood but a few things remained. Like slowly finishing a whole baguette myself, whilst staring into space or reading a novel. I love the yeasty smell of the soft inner part of the baguette, the mild sweetness of the bread as I chew, the sound a fresh crusty baguette makes when broken into. It was and still is one of my comfort food. Jeux de Peau does the same for me. I can understand that the yeast accord would not suit everyone's taste but it suits my chemistry beautifully. I smell like the welcoming warmth of a good old-fashioned bakery in the middle of a frigid winter. The usual gourmand suspects like vanilla and chocolate are missing. Instead we have creamy milk, golden butter and of course bread. Like Heidi's breakfast with the Alm-Uncle on the Alps. Sillage is good and longevity decent, 6-8 hours. Not a safe blind buy but on the right person, this is as comforting as a big hug.

seekritdude
seekritdude

Man I really wanted to like this one. I thought I would like the smell, and with the novelty factor of it adding in there I thought it would be a sure buy...

Nope.

Theres just something funky about this. I should say I HATE the smell of licorice. And although I dont smell any in this fragrance. Maybe thats why. Maybe just the way its mixed in there is making it smell off to me.

I get that buttery bread smell that others talk about. And man its what I wanted... But.. Its like.. Old bread or something. Its not fresh. Its been neglected. Theres just something not right with this. Maybe it could use some honey in the background mixed in, to make it more sweet or something. But this just isnt working.

Ive thought that maybe if not full bottle it might be decant worthy because at times it still smells alright. But compliment wise, well although ive also been told by some that it smells good. Ive also been basically told it smells disgusting and was asked why a human being would ever want to smell like that.

Sadly a pass from me.

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

What a yummy scent. A total gourmand without being sickly sweet.
What stand out most on my skin are the milk and wheat, then apricot and some very mild licorice. It does smell a bit like baked goods, but this is not a bakery scent.
The milk and the wheat notes here are quite unique, to me. Usually, "milk" smells either "cream sweet" artificial or sharp and almost sour. While I cannot say this is totally "the real thing", it smells very comforting, round and delicate. The wheat is surprising, as it's good and not sour or skanky at all.
I feel I can wear this fragrance on an everyday basis - it's good, it's creamy in a luxurious way and it's making me just a tad hungry for a classic french breakfast :)

Longevity is moderate and sillage rather mild.

johanna.lindholm
johanna.lindholm

This is so well blended, no rough edges at all. I can smell the milk and the wheat, and the coconut and licorice, it's just that it's so well blended that the licorice/coconut note doesn't stand out that much. Every other perfume with a licorice note always reeks of strong, salty licorice on me, but not this one, and I'm happy for that! This is not really a favourite to me, but I kind of like it. It's sooo comforting, soft and creamy. Gourmand without being sickly sweet.

dkny27
dkny27

Buttery, warm, milky, spicy, baked goodness. Unlike any fragrance I have come across, this smells like silky buttered popcorn at first with a teaspoon of vanilla. Then settles down into a beautiful spicy, milky, shredded coconutty incense. Keep in mind, the coconut is camouflaged quite well until detected.

This is genderless and timeless. I first thought, mmmmm maybe not such a good skin scent but after my third time wearing it's very alluring to the nose!

Lana148
Lana148

Jeux de Peau is definitely from woody/gourmand category. Starts with dry woody & baked cookies smell, then mellows down to light, soft, sweet-spicy sandalwood. Nice and not too overly sweet.

dsty
dsty

I love this scent; it's what got me interested in perfumes (after a lifetime of buying one at a time and forgetting to use that most days). My friend had an empty sample of this and he gave it to me to take home because I couldn't stop smelling it; and that was that, it wasn't long before I bought my own bottle and started obsessing about perfumes in general.

It's so interesting! Very sweet, but without fruit or flowers, and with prominent grain/wood notes, which balances it out nicely. Like a bakery with a brand new wooden interior. It's very warm and comforting, perfect for dark and cold winter days and for periods of depression. It lasts all day, too, so it can really be used as mental support during those days.
I think it's perfectly unisex but none of my female friends like it, they all think it's too masculine. It's definitely not girly, that's for sure.

ps: I also think Jeux de Peau is the best perfume name ever!

dyst_opiates
dyst_opiates

Totally fascinating! The top note is savory, unsweet, well toasted bread. That phase (and with it, unfortunately most of the scent) goes away really quick on me. Then it's mostly a soft slightly spicy sandalwood with a hint of creaminess. It isn't terribly gourmand-y after it has dried, at least on me. While it is different and interesting, it is just too faint on me to tempt me to buy a full bottle.

darksome
darksome

My new dream potion.

Opening: Almost overbaked pretzels with toffee toping. This doesn't sound delicious to me for eating, because I only know pretzels with salt, but it smells delicious! After some minutes the scent turns different - to a toffee/white milk scent with a juicy, not too ripe, sparkling apricot and the pretzel note partly disappears.

Heart: Fresh, cold apricot, peach/ball point ink note (similar to Lancome's Tresor, but even more realistic), toffee/white chocolate/pretzel. I can now also smell a pinch of licorice, giving the scent next to the fruity (peach) and sweet dry/smoky aroma (immortelle) also some cold notes. Turns from a true gourmand scent, to a more abstract smelling one. The apricot smell in Jeaux de Peau is one of the best that I smelled. Not synthetic or too sweet, a true masterpiece and such a delighting after all these sickly apricot/peach celebrity scents that I normally know.

Final drydown: Dry, dusty incense (similar to TF Sahara Noir)/immortelle with traces of licorice and some sweetness.

Overall: I love all three stages of this scent. It's like a walk in a pretzel shop where they also sell some toffee candy. Next to the bakery there's a stand shop with fresh apricots and jam. After the trip in the city you go for a walk near the beach where you get whiffs of the smoky immortelle.
Jeux de Peau is one of the few gourmand fragrances that smells like a true perfume, without loosing completely it's "gourmandish" vibe. Stunning.

FaunAromatic
FaunAromatic

One of the butteriest scents I've smelled. I loved it at first whiff of the sample I acquired, and will purchase a bottle soon, soon. To me, this is melted butter in a bottle.

osiris5
osiris5

Lol, omg, wow what a perfume. That was my first impression when i opened the bottle.
Serge lutens is called the "un fond terrible" of the perfumers. This perfume is so special and has something humoristic. It is so special. When you open it, it smells strong, it smells in a mix of hay and roasted bread. Immortelle flowers and wheat are the strongest scent mix.
In the long run it is has a creamy-sweet scent basic. It is really a special perfume and y will love it or hate it.
It is so different from everything else it is hard to describe.
One thing is very clear it is no standard citric-fresh scent but a aromatic spicy sweet scent.It has some very special notes and i love it. But you have to get used to this scent. And then you going to love this very special scent.
When to wear? I guess on all occasions because it is so special and yet so simple. Wow

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Ginger butter biscuits and apricot jam. Instantly reminded me of "Like This" by Etat Libre d'Orange.

The immortelle and wheat give "Jeaux de peau" its dry cake-like texture, which is rather too much at first, but becomes more subtle after 20 mins. The coconut is non-existant to my nose, but I do pick up on some cool milky facets drifting through, with hints of apricot and the tiniest traces of licorice.

As far as gourmands go this is very foody, but if you're happy to smell like a French bakery this is pretty damn perfect for you.

polly golightly
polly golightly

pane appena sfornato... questa la prima nota
che si assesta sul profumo di burro e marmellata
e qualche sentore di caffellatte

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

For my 18th birthday present my then-boyfriend now full blown life partner (I have tried writing that sentence several different ways and each one looks completely trite!)took me on holiday to Amsterdam.
It cost him a full months wages, and we were just on the cusp of adulthood - about to move out into out first home together, feeling very much like kids playing at being grown ups.
We stayed in a very fancy 5 star hotel where we felt totally out of place, and so decided to treat it like one big game - we had blown our budget on the hotel, half board so breakfast and dinner included but no lunch. It was the middle of summer and very hot, the city was bustling and vibrant, and every morning we went down to the breakfast buffet and filled our bellies with as much eggs, cheese, meat cuts, sweet bread rolls and yoghurts as we could manage and filled our pockets with the various fancy looking pastries on offer, which we took with us on our exploration of the city seeing as we couldn't afford to buy lunch! We would walk for miles in the hot sunshine, occasionally finding a park or bench to sit down and munch on our pilfered pastries.

Fast forward a few years and the sheer delight of playing grown up had worn thin, stuck in the cycle of work, bills, housework, work, bills, housework. We decided to revisit Amsterdam in a more relaxed way. We rented an apartment for the week in a central location. When we arrived we found it was situated above a Patisserie. Once again our time in the lovely city was characterized by the smell of sweet pastries, greeting us as we woke in the morning, we would sit eating breakfast by the full length window as the sun and bakery smells poured in, watching life go by, before setting off to visit the galleries, museums, canals, parks and everything and anything else to see. As we walked around we would catch whiffs of sweet danish pastries, and at first we thought it was a scent memory from out first visit until we realised our clothes, laid out the night before, were gathering the sweet sumptuous smells from the bakery below us.
Other people may well have different associations with Amsterdam - I guess most people would say Coffee shops, cannabis, old museums, salty sea, people from all over the world travelling, commuting, working, playing, head shops, incense, the city in summer. But for me it will always be sweet breakfast pastries.

With that in mind I can safely say that to me, Jeux de Peau smells of Amsterdam!
Sweet, buttery pastry, croissants and a glass of milk, apricot jam, icing sugar...this is very sweet, very gourmand, I can't think of another perfume like it. I am not sure it is suitable for every day yet, or if I will go for a full bottle, but this is nice, it is done well and it has a very positive memory with the smell!
longevity and sillage very good. Well worth a try.

mihaela_i
mihaela_i

This is lovely, cozy and comforting : sandalwood, coconut and apricot jam. Reminds me of Santal Majuscule without the sharp masculine edges.

CodyHowl
CodyHowl

A hot, buttery croissant pulled right out of the oven, and drizzled with a hazelnut spread.

Jeux de Peau is a pure gourmand fragrance. Opens with a burst of milk, sugar, and warm bread, while soon after an indulgent sweetness reminiscent of rum and hazelnut begins to demand your attention. Though warm, edible and very comforting, this scent is far from overpowering.

Longevity is decent, and after thirty or more minutes of wear, this aroma settles into a floury, honeyed composition. It is here that the amber note is most blatant, as Jeux de Peau reminds you of its presence through cozy, inviting whispers for the rest of the evening.

While I think the description of a 'burnt wood' drydown is accurate, I detect no licorice whatsoever.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

Mysterious gourmand that isn't your usual sugar, pastry or berry smells. Sure, I smell the butter but it does not remind me of a bakery. Both intimate and unfamiliar, balanced and rich. I could see this being an interesting (although not entirely rational) alternative for someone that is addicted to wearing refreshing/"friendly" citrus scents. Of course Jeux de Peau is much gentler and sensual. This perfume is the olfactory equivalent of your lover tenderly stirring you from sleep with kisses.

Spicy, inviting and sophisticated. Would be a good choice for any warm-spirited, benevolent individual. I see this working in a variety of formal and casual settings, except for the bedroom. It's just a bit too dreamy/sleepy for that.

raw umber
raw umber

I just put this on right after breakfast, and it's making me want second breakfast! The initial application smells like a buttered popcorn jellybean, which is honestly pretty off-putting, but once it develops it does smell like an over-buttered piece of diner toast that I would probably want to eat. I would never throw down money to own a bottle of buttered toast smell but now that my arm reeks of it, I'm not complaining, and I don't feel self conscious either.

By the way, this smells N-O-T-H-I-N-G like Santal Majuscule except for a small similarity in the type of "sandalwood"-like musk in the base, but that is IT. I own SM and I really cannot understand how people are complaining that it is a rip off of Jeux de Peau. Buttered popcorn jelly beans Vs. roses smashed into incense sticks? C'mon!

Santal Majuscule is for a lady vampire (suggested to me by Vie Cafe who also provided my sample of JdP) and Jeux de Peau is for the savory food fetishist.
For those that find this one gross, I think that maybe if Lutens selected unsalted butter instead of salted, it might have eliminated the potential for revulsion, but maybe his blood pressure is just fine and he can have as much damn sodium as he pleases. That's cool with me.

windhill
windhill

I think it's very formal winter perfume. Smell very woody, bakery and honeyed. But it has very strong and dominant woody accord which make JDP not an actual gourmand scent. On my skin I can mostly smell butter and toasted bread with sandalwood. It not a sweet or sexy scent but can make you mouth-watering. Definitely Lutens's qualities.

Updated: The more I used, The more I loved. It last very long also. New unique signature scent!

Daao
Daao

Sprayed it on my wrist without any prejudice, just a blind test to have my own opinion on an unknown fragrance.
At the very first I smelled coffee and liquorice. Why not... but then within minutes it turned on my skin to stale milk and dirty laundry. So sweet and sickening I had to wash my arm 3 times and still could smell it :(
On my friend it smells like capuccino and quiet sunday mornings, but on me it's a barely bearable dirty sock stench.
This is definitely not anybody's perfume.

Pari88
Pari88

This is vey similar to Botrytis sample that I still have but no sunshine, more dusty, it is less luminous and more subdued, calm, a skin scent. it smells like the sweet butter croissant I treat myself to once in a while from this very quaint bakery next to my house. Strange, not something I want to wear, the idea of smelling like sugared butter is strange to me. It is a nice olfactory experience but if I smelled it on someone else I would think they had a butter croissant on them. I was really hoping for something with more life considering all the glorious notes. Nice and homely though. Its not as much as a perfume as I hoped more of a scent that jogs memory and posibly appeptite. Ill choose Botrytis. Very interesting concept nonetheless and I can see some people enjoying this for personal pleasure.
Ahh yes! This is brunch at the cafe on Sunday! Croissants with sweet butter, and french vanilla coffee. It is quite tasty to smell it, and it makes me seriously hungry lol

jht4060
jht4060

A comment on the urine-vs-bakery product disagreements. Different people have significantly different olfactory receptor repertoires by simple genetics. Given how many people smell very different things in Jeux de Peau, I suspect they really are smelling different things because of their inherited differences (rather than, say, bad samples). I wrote about this at more length in my review on Jean Patou Joy if you are interested. Personally I smell delicious milky cookies. If you smell something nasty you probably have an olfactory receptor protein that I lack. Along with me, most people are apparently smell-blind to whatever it is.

For this one more than others, be sure to sample before buying a full bottle!

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

This is a scent for cold days when you need something comforting.. Yes, it does smell like sweet tarts and bread from a French bakery, but when applied moderately, it is so comforting. I apply Chocolat underneath and people love the depth and the comfort.

vmann393
vmann393

after I blind bought this I love this scent I love the butter note and the coconut even though it hides in the background. Really pleasant scent I was wearing this at work and a customer said "oohh what that smell's really nice" it's not a screamer I would say it's a perfect scent for going out and other functions. (Projections) I get 2,3 hours strong
(Longevity) it goes 7 hours without fail (versatility) more aimed at winter but you can still wear it in summer overall I give it 10/10.

crysdolly
crysdolly

I love Serge Lutens and enjoy gourmands, but I just can't get past the way Jeux de Peau opens. It's overwhelmingly sweet and it is buttery like microwave popcorn. I totally get what it's trying to be, but it doesn't accomplish that for me. It's just too over the top and unbalanced.

brightstar
brightstar

A biscuit. The first hour Jeux de Peau is like a buttered and a little spicy cookie, than it changes into an apricot croissant just taken out of the oven. A perfect gourmand, you spray it on and you want to eat your wrist. It's not an everyday scent because you can easily get tired of it. It lasts for hours and has a good sillage.

amelie
amelie

Fabulous! And so playful, as you know right away whether it's gourmet or woody. But still remains woody.
Jeuy de Peau really smells like freshly baked croissant with apricot...but don't be fooled. If you're expecting gourmet, it will surprise you to be more on a woody side and vice versa, always playing like "guess who I am".
In fact, it's quite serious, almost like a grandmother's wisdom, but seductive ... if you can imagine bare skin covered with the finest cashmere pashmina, and nothing but small silk dress. Dangerous, I tell you, it's Jeux de Peau.

And yes, if you like PG Bois Blond and Cedre Sandaraque you'll like this one too!

rowan.walters
rowan.walters

Mmmmm ... so good! Amazingly complex with a progression of constantly tempting gourmand notes, I came across this wonderful fragrance by mistake (I was in a hurry and put it on, thinking it was another SL) - and it turned out to be one of the most remarkably pleasant mistakes of my life.
That was my first day working on a film set where just about everyone was in their 20s (I am forty something) and I had been anxious to make a good impression.
Thankfully, Jeux de Peaux turned out to be just right - the fragrance was universally popular, and attracted admiring comments from everyone, without exception!
Coincidentally, the only other time I have received such an incredible response from strangers was with another SL masterpiece, Santal de Mysore.
J'adore! Jeux de Peaux opens with a tantalising gourmand note that is both mysterious and mouth-watering - as one young lady said to me: "It just smells so good!", followed by a hint of almost coco-nutty sweetness, and concludes with a subtle aura of elegance, which for some reason reminds me of a certain halcyon summer day in a country house near Versailles when I was 20, with good friends and beautiful strangers, drinking Pimm's and savouring the exotic mix of fresh fruit in one's glass, a perfect day.
It is at this point on the dry down that J de P becomes more intimate, retaining a subtle leathery-woody almost nutty goodness that still continues to captivate.
After such a memorable introduction I gave myself a chance to spend some quality time with Jeux de Peaux and I fell in love. Every time I wear it I seem to spend a lot of time with my nose enjoying that captivating,luxurious and sensual aroma, and think that what attracts people is that J de P smells somehow familiar and comforting, but at the same time indulgent and almost erotic. It even seems to have a slight aphrodisiac effect on some people. I am quite baffled by some of the other reviews and wonder if some of those people might have somehow bought fakes or something. I mean - Urine? Okay, sure everyone's olfactory experience may be different, and I have spent hours trying to detect some of the notes that others claim to smell ... but if you detect anything remotely urine-like in this heavenly concoction, then I am just glad not to have so faulty a sense of smell. And someone else made a comment about Bois Farine being superior. Now that is something I really find idiotic - there is no comparison!
Bois Farine is pedestrian, pretentious, one dimensional and just downright unpleasant. I was given a bottle and tried really hard to like it, but had to give it away. It smells like mold.
Jeux de Peaux is quite unlike anything I have encountered - and because that first day I wore it was such an overwhelming success, I can confidently say that it is a real crowd pleaser, and if you are an outgoing, sociable person then this is the perfect scent.
Sophisticated, complex and alluring, neither conventionally "feminine" or "masculine", J de P suits both men and women, with its bold, yet mysteriously mouth-watering gourmand ambrosia quality and aura of pure classy elegance.
A new contender for my top shelf from the house of Serge Lutens.

mizz.cindy
mizz.cindy

Jeux De peau plays a terrible game on my skin. When I smelled this one on a paper strip it was gorgeous creamy, woody and honeyed dough. But on my skin it turned out very burned and toasted, way too buttery (as in greasy) and sticky dough. Very artificial and way too sharp.
In the middle I got some liqourice with coconut that was way too overbearing, and the nutty sandelwood in the drydown smelled artificial as well. The nutty note in this reminds me of the nutty note in some of the BPAL oil perfumes, and I didn't like that one either. I had really high hopes for JdP, being a big Lutens fan and a lover of soft woody scents.
But if you're looking for a woody and soft sweet scent that has subtle notes of a bakery, I would recommend l'Artisans Bois Farine. That one turned out to be everything I expected from Jeux De Peau.

tonkabeanster
tonkabeanster

Less "sexy French baker boy" and more "sweaty dude eating stale biscuit." Pass.

EDIT: Alright, the sweaty dude is kinda sexy. There's also a deeper, almost charcoal-like note I missed the first time around. Final impression: lightly burned milk and toasted brioche, supported by a nice, rich base of Lutens sandalwood. Full bottled.

ditush
ditush

Wow, I never thought I would say this on Fragrantica but if this reminds you of pee, congratulations on having an exquisite smelling urine! :)

This smells like bakery because of the milk and wheat and it gets better. I get a light whiff of coconut and apricot after is settles on skin. I would describe this as warm and comforting. The sillage is very soft which is quite rare when it comes to Serge Lutens perfumes. I wish it was stronger.

I think you should try a few niche scents before judging this. It is probably not a good idea to start with this scent if you are just testing the waters of niche parfumery.

wlmyer2
wlmyer2

This is magic juice! It reminds me of Christmas with my family. All the smells of the tree and spices being used for cooking mingling. For me the licorice is the strong note, which might be why it reminds me of Christmas. The fragrance is something warm and cozy like a warm jacket that just envelopes you, and the sillage is not overwhelming, just enough to make your special someone want to cuddle up with you in front of a fireplace. Serge Lutens is one of my favorite perfume lines and this one is in my top five of their creations. If you like Chergui as much as I do, this one would be a wonderful addition to your collection.

On me this fragrance smells like a sour dough. Very bakery. I wouldn't like to smell this way.

Michael1962
Michael1962

Definitely one of a kind.I get the whole buttery bakery shop vibe.I don't detect any other obvious notes though.coconut ? licorice ? apricot ? Really ? not to my nose.Fairly linear and gradually softens to a savoury gourmand but pleasant skin scent within the hour for mine.

Mr Lutens likes to create different and at times bold olfactory sensations to other niche perfumers.Sometimes they hit the mark and sometimes they miss.This one could go either way depending on the mood,surroundings and time of year.
I agree with some reviewers who say this is more a personable stay at home and soak it up type scent.I wouldn't wear this to the office per se or,heaven forbid,to a restaurant as the scent would blend into the surrounds and become disguised lol.
I have Daim Blond and find it generally more wearable.
Not my all time favourite but a nice sweet and buttery gourmand change in my rotation.

christianne1
christianne1

This is Santal Majuscule's nutty sweet roll sister! I normally am not a big fan of foodie gourmand scents but this is rather heavenly. I love SM and was on a quest to find a sweeter version of that exact scent and a friend suggested this to me and BINGO it is just what I wanted. A little more "bakery" than I thought I wanted but now that I smell it, it fulfills that craving that I was having. Bakery shop gourmand's normally make me kind of woozy but this does not. It is balanced out so well and is not sickeningly sweet. I just love it!

flamin201
flamin201

Smells like Feet really? It must of been your husband's feet..

A friend sent me mini bottles of Lutens, so I got to try Jeux de Peau..I have yet to find a Lutens that smells pretty, this one is a weird concoction of smells. Bread flour, mastic, and feet...I sprayed it on my arm and my husband asked what perfume smelled so bad!?
Well, Lutens likes to make huge statements with his fragrances, obviously, and the result isn't necessarily a pretty smelling fragrance. Hugely different, I guess for some, beautifully crafted..
Jeux de Peau is too foody and nutty to smell nice. A bit greasy too, seems all the Lutens fragrances follow that foody/spicy / sweet accord.
I would rather smell pretty than weird.
Lutens might appeal to a lot, not to my taste at all.

Germany
Germany

A GOURMAND. SANDALWOOD !

I agree with the bakery smell. Like a Portuguese or German bakery , Lots of buns and Zopf and other yeast breads , simply comforting and a great skin scent. Love this stuff.
I also love the sandalwood in the dry down. Like the dough was put in a wood oven. But like all Lutens ; This isn't a heavy gourmand nor is it overly sweet. Its a a very muted skin scent. Non offensive and IMO sexy!

CLevol
CLevol

I love people who do not take a shower every day...and when they smells cosy, i love thm even more!

This perfume is a miracle, it really is a theater performance on the skin. It smells really like a cosy - sexy skin after a night of sleep..(no soap skin), a bit later you will smell a touch off liquorice. Liquorice playing hide and suddenly you smell Milk with hazelnut ...

Almost to private to wear at work..

freddinos
freddinos

I was very intrigued by the notes and reviews, but was sensible not to go ahead and invest in a full bottle of Jeux de Peau. I am glad I only bought a sample, as to me this masterfully crafted creation is not a perfume. It is a journey in time and space, it is the smell of the open air close to an alley where a bakery is firing its wood burning ovens, it's the smell of coziness from a butter loaded piece of toasted bread, slightly burned at the edges. At first spray, I get a salted toasted bread or brioche accord, but a totally savory one, not sweet at all. The middle notes are unpleasant, they have an animalic twist or a cardboard box accord, and they make me decide that this is not a perfume I would wear. The drydown has nutmeg, lots of it, it reminds me fleetingly of Theorema minus the citrus. Serge Lutens and me, a story of love and hate. I do not want to wear his perfumes outside, but I feel the urge to spray them on when I'm at home, because they have something irresistably addictive yet somewhat repulsive alltogether. I agree with the reviewer who noted a 'human' parameter in this perfume, it is definitely there.

lalalovesroses

i would agree with fragrantica that Jeux de Peau smells like an Oriental Woody. It is a mix of sandalwood, unsweet milk and coconut and a bit of spice. It is rich in composition (complex) and very unisex. I agree to the reviewer that said if you were sitting in a cafe, people wouldn't notice the smell was you! It smells exactly like a high end cafe that serves gourmet pastries. From my first review I said it smells like french breakfast with spiced milk...well yes it of course smells like that but much better than one would imagine. This is not safe for a blind buy for people who only look at the notes because it is not overly milky or even sweet. It is more grown up and warm spicy. Jeux de Peau lasts 3-4 hours on my skin when at home doing nothing, and gave poor sillage for the first hour. I recommend this for people who appreciate oriental woody perfumes with a creamy/gourmand touch.

schokolade
schokolade

At first, I was surprised by the dry bitterness of it. But after few minutes, this bitterness turned into a bit of hazelnut, warmness, and sth like old paper maybe? Definitely not bread... It's more like cofee for me.
My mom said Jdp is unpleasant like an old cage of squirrel, so I decided to give it a second thought. I, personally love it, it's classic, warm... it feels like as if I'm in a very old cafe. But if it bothers people, then it's not what I want...
So if you are thinking of blind buying it, DON'T!! You have to try it, see what happens after hours(BTW, it's longevity is weak for my skin.)

lilacteeth
lilacteeth

This one isn't for everyone. It's like spiced maple syrup...I am getting a slight coconut note too which I am loving...buttery to an extent. Very gourmand but for me, the spicyness and woody notes temper the high levels of gourmandism. I cannot stop smelling my arm. This is my first Lutens perfume...a strange choice for the first, I know. Honestly, I was drawn to this one because I read some obscure review in which it was mentioned that Jeux de Peau reminded someone of a more mature Hot by Ralph Lauren. Hot was my first signature scent in my late teens and it is now tragically discontinued, so I had to try this based on that one obscure review. I have a few precious drops of Hot stowed away for safe keeping and have just compared the two and really there is no comparison at all but indeed there is an interesting similarity having to do with the warm maple and coconut that come through in JdP. If JdP had a tropical note and less woods, then the two would be quite similar indeed and JdP would become my new signature without a single doubt.
Even so, it is a very interesting scent that I like. I can see how this would not be for everyone...I myself will probaby wear this on certain days. It does have a foody quality that some may abhor. It has become a comfort scent for me. I spray this on me whilst being warmed by a blanket on solitary or quiet evenings. The drydown is especially heavenly and you can easily smell it enveloping you as you walk around. I think the gourmand nature of this scent was excaberated for me by the fact that unbeknownst to me, my mother was cooking some kind of bread (which she confirmed to be banana bread) right when I sprayed it on. Longevity and sillage are brilliant. Only a small spray is needed and I would also strongly suggest spraying it on lower pulse points such as the wrist because spraying it too close to the face can make you feel as though you're tasting this one.

****Update: This one becomes strange and musty to me some days. Some days it even smells kind of stinky which I can't figure out if I like. Maybe I've been in the mood for fresher scents...this certainly is not one of them. I still think it's interesting...but some days it doesn't seem to work on my skin. Maybe in the winter I will enjoy it more.

lalalovesroses

I find this perfume smells like French breakfast with spiced milk

nadeschka
nadeschka

I find this scent utterly strange. The listed notes sound interesting but the mix is just... gross. It reminds me strongly of worn socks or the smell inside a pair of shoes you wore the whole day. But at the same time there is something very fascinating about it, something very human. I imagine Jean-Baptiste Grenouille had composed this scent to imitate the smell of a human being.

meama
meama

131) Milky skin
Jeux de Peau behaves like a kaleidoscope, in which the famous smell of bread (which is not even a feat in itself, ethyl maltol is by itself a true scent of toast or even burnt) floats in air during the first few seconds, quickly surrounded by candied fruit notes which can evoke a spoonful of apricot jam.
Then arrives the licorice aspect, which mixed with the ethyl maltol, plans me a subliminal image of coffee substitute which is usually only served in large shucked bowls of a country house.
A sandalwood underlying, well known for its milk-faceted acts dairy product on the breakfast table, evoking both the layer of butter as the milk in the bowl. Incense comes like the smoke from the toaster, and even offer an atmosphere of old fire.
Jeux de Peau is therefore ultimately not the technical revolution that will teleport you behind the scenes of your baker, rather a Lutens puzzle in which we can recognize kinship with his predecessors but that is ultimately an original gourmand/pâtissier with rustic, comforting, and a bit nostalgic accents.

neenets
neenets

It's a perfect party scent. Not as rich as some other scents in this incredible line nor as unexciting or solemn as the Santal it has been compared to. Very uplifting and energizing. This one is fun.

evesoho
evesoho

One of my favourite things to do is wear perfume. Another one of my favourite things is to have breakfast/brunch at the greatest little greasy spoon in town. These two things don't really mix. Until now! Just one drop of Jeux de Peau and not only do I find that it *improves* my breakfast to smell it while I'm eating - but inside the restaurant no one else notices I'm wearing anything!

The first time I tested JdP, was at night. I didn't really enjoy it, because I found that it smelled a little bit like my grandpa who passed away, and a lot like my grandpa and grandma's house - and it made me cry!!

Update: I feel I should be clearer. This does *not* smell like an old man. My grandpa, after he retired as a semi-professional athlete (carried on into his 60s as hockey referee and 70s as baseball umpire) and railroad chief, learned to bake (and knit mittens!!), and spent *a lot* of time in the kitchen baking cinnamon buns et al., lol. That's why it smells like him. :)

Now, months later, as long as I don't put it on at night when I'm apt to sit around by myself and think about the past, I'm really enjoying it.

It has good longevity. I love the "milk and spice cookies with fruit" opening, then the drier, wheaty heart with it's raw unsweetened coconut projection and touch of immortelle, and finally the creamy wood drydown, that stays close to the skin.

This isn't a relaxing comfort scent for me, I feel like it works best when I have get-up-and-go! I like it on women, but I think it would also be good on a modest, athletic family man with get-up-and-go! I think it's a nice alternative to a those "sport" fragrances I don't like, being casual.

aiobhan
aiobhan

I was hoping the tea and butter would warm up on my skin, but it was overpoweringly smokey on me. Bummer :(

For reference, my skin tends to love amber, vanilla, iris and sandalwood, and it hates leather, smoke, and rose (which always become overpowering).

Nemosh
Nemosh

This one isn't for me tank you. On me this scent smells like sour dough mixed with liquorice.
Don't do a blind buy on this is my advise.

levinebabe
levinebabe

I got a spray on my right wrist from a perfume collector , this is just divine!! It got that medicinal smell to it, but that's okay, because the milky note dominates. One of Serge Lutens' gem, as a niche, very acceptable to newbies.

flkirkland
flkirkland

This is a delicious gourmand frag. The sweet milky bread-out-of-the-oven hits me right away and never leaves. As the scent dries down, the amber warms up and sandalwood starts to show its head. This is sweet, warm, and makes you hungry. While I don't know if it is an every day scent for a guy, it is definitely one for the collection.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

Wonderful, Gorgeous, Elegant, Enchanting. Lutens seems to be getting all of my perfume buying business these days. I'm afraid that most other houses just will no longer do. And while I am interested in others, I just cant help myself to always choose lutens at check out time. The quality is uncomparible.

antfarm
antfarm

As a perfume that boasts pretty much all of my favorite fragrance notes, I was hoping it would be more unusual, warm, and bready-spicy. On my skin it kind of smelled like a spicy, potent Christmas holiday liquor mixed with some synthetic woods. Rum balls anyone? The woods and spices and booze never really melded together, and it just kind of smelled like too many things going on at once. Overall, this perfume was like a really lackluster movie with all fantastic actors.

itunu
itunu

Sweet, toasted buttered milky delicious bread on a gentle soft sandalwood base. Comforting and warming. Very different from other gourmand's which I find too heavy. Sometimes I pair this up with Serge's Santal Majuscule on my other arm as they compliment each other. Unfortunately doesn't last long on me.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

This is nostril tempting - it wafts up at least 6 hours after a first spritz and tantalises your nose with milky nutty basmati rice cooked with Hunza apricots (love all of these in cooking terms) High quality, very lasting, but somehow too standard gourmand for me.

Whenever I'm out at parties or social events, I always notice the gourmand perfumes on people, and they're pleasant, yet there's something unsophisticated about them. And, shocking as it may sound because Lutens is synonymous with high quality niche perfumes, this somehow reminds me of Burberry Touch for men which isn't a gourmand but has that too smooth feel too it.

My fave gourmand so far is Bvlgari's Omnia, which has a redeeming touch of other subtle ingredients that raise it above cooking smells. Maybe I don't like my arts too confused - there's cooking, there's perfume, and the two combined don't gel together somehow for me.
But, if you love gourmands, this is excellent

*sophi*
*sophi*

This is woody ,spicy and very different from the notes listed .The wheat mixed with woods make a strange scent that tends to be very dry after spraying.
I do not smell coconut, milk or other creamy ingredients ,no matter what the pyramid of perfume suggests...smokiness and woodiness rules the perfume which i thought it would be like Douce Amere or Datura Noir...this is more like Daim Blonde or even a dark Santal Blanc...the conclusion :woods,woods,woods!!!

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

Let me start by saying that I really like this fragrance. BUT...Unisex. Too much wood in the opening. And, for my taste, too much amber throughout. But I love that it smells like butter, and baked bread, and syrup. It's sort of puts me in the mind of pancakes, with apricot jam. And I also get the licorice, very clearly. It's not the candy, though, it's the dried root people chew on. It pairs nicely with the light floral notes.

All in all...Breakfast. Pancakes and jam, cup of licorice root tea, vase with a few fresh cut flowers. Really wonderful to sit and sniff off the wrist, but I worry it might be a little too rich for frequent wear. I'd still like to own a small decant of this.

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

Every baker should spray this onto the cakes and pastries as the finishing touch, and they'll sell like hotcakes...

I tried and tried more than 12 Lutens perfumes today and when I smelt the top notes of Jeux de Peau, I knew right away, this was it.

This is, like every Lutens perfume, very thick and concentrated. It is delicious but do not over spray it as it may be cloying. 2-3 sprays are enough to feed your gourmand hunger the entire day. I agree with LuluSaintly, you'll want to reapply it over and over, as the top notes are just like MSG (monosodium glutamate).

Side effect of overdoing it: Diabetes
Indication of proper usage: Happiness, smile, your ultimate sugar guilty leasure
Get this if you cant get it: Maccaron

Scent: 4.4/5.0
Silage: 4.2/5.0
Logevity: 4.6/5/0
Unisexity: as unisex as a cupcake
Sexuality: 0.2/5/0
Fun: 5.0/5.0

-Mr. Almond-

LuluSaintly
LuluSaintly

Jeux de peau was the first Serge Lutens fragrance I ever tried, and I wonder sometimes why I don't go back to it more. I suppose one has limited time, and what with trying new frags constantly, and then reaching for failsafes like Shalimar and Ambre Sultan, Jeux de peau comes far enough down the list that I don't open the box as often as I should.
My first impression of this perfume was an almost overwhelming blast of burnt sandalwood, which after a second or two was overpowered (and I mean overpowered) by a spicy waft of black pepper that almost made me cough. To me, this perfume is warm, woody - Christmassy even, with a complex, intellectual drydown.
I interviewed Lutens himself about this fragrance (I'm a journalist) and he said he used to cross a courtyard when he was a young photographer, where the vents of several bakeries came out, and this is his memory of where they all met in the middle - a mixture of the smells of toast, bread, milk, vanilla, etc. It's very definitely a gourmand. He also admitted to an almond accord in it (I'd guessed walnut).
The milky drydown on this is lovely, but for me the top notes are the main event, so I prefer to wear just one spray and keep reapplying it. Now that it's December, I might go back to it again.

bhean_sidhe
bhean_sidhe

I wanted to love this, but on me it smells like a buttery pop corn pumped Arabie (and Arabie always smells so flat on me, sadly). The only thing Jeux de Peau did for me is made me hungry *duh* :(

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

Wow! I'm just starting to explore niche/luxury gourmands, and I have to say they are from a whole different world! This perfume is absolutely decadent. It's well composed, for sure. Slightly sweet, yet not cloying at all. At first it smells like freshly baked cinnamon raisin bread with warm milk. Then there is a slight smoky, more mature note there that makes the scent more complex, unique, and likeable. I don't know that I would go through a whole bottle but I would definitely save this for those days when I want to feel just scrumptious yet smoldering and mysterious. I do get spice and a little apricot from this, but not much licorice or coconut. Mostly smoky but sweet baked bread and milk. Very nice.

kankri
kankri

This is delicious. When I first smelled it I began to drool. Buttery, toasted sweet bread. I can really smell the toast, it's smoky almost, and intoxicating. There's definitely some coconut here, too. That fades into honey and milk and a nuttiness, wow, this perfume is utterly delicious, I would eat this if it were possible. It seems to get sweeter and smokier on me over time, with a constant woodsy background throughout. This is definitely very wearable, for men and for women, and I DEFINITELY need to buy an entire bottle of this.

emily7
emily7

Homemade caffe latte, warm bread with butter and finest apricot marmalade.
This would be a police description of it.

Beautiful, sunny winter sunday morning, cozy breakfast in a warm bed, feeling happy and content as a kid - no worries, just thrilled about the brand new day ahead.

Also, first gourmand I dared to buy and wear.

Arodis
Arodis

I do not smell the wheat. This is a hot Russian rye bread. He is very fragrant and tasty. A golden butter on it melts. This is the most native fragrance it is my second skin. He does not cheat and do not fly away. He comforts and warm all day. He says, happiness is within you own. All is well!

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This was an experience!
Instantly made me think of a bakery, of salty white soda bread and buttery croissants - I couldn't believe the tag-line was true. As it wears, the milk and sandalwood give it a smooth undertone, but this scent remains rich and foody, the salty wheat note never really fades.
Very addictive, but I'm not quite sure I want to wear it on myself!

angel6
angel6

Tried yesterday, and the first thing the came to my mind when I smell this was sweet popcorn, and was quite irritating, I don't know much how to describe the notes of perfumes, but the combination of this really is anoying and most people said it's a gourmand and I love gourmand perfumes but not this one.

mseleena
mseleena

This reminds me of a cheap perfume booth at my college bazaar. One of the scents was called 'Bread' - a sickeningly sweet pungent, burning plastic-like, acrid odor. makes you think of bread baking in the oven, except that you'd accidentally put the plastic bread that was for pure display purposes in the oven instead of its real counterpart. Bleargh! One of the worst things I've ever smelled. It made me feel nauseous.

perfumebox
perfumebox

The best way to describe this is; Warm, sensual, arresting and delicious in all senses of the word, without ever succumbing to tooth-aching sticky-sweetness. This, for me, re-defines "Gourmand" and transcends it at the same time, so even if you don't like edible fragrances, you should still give it a try.

The syrupy imortelle opens with an almost savory kick; like a warm buttery croissant coated with a thin, sugary shell of caramel. There's enough of a "sense of sweetness", but it's like an expensive infused tea, ripe with flavors of caramel, vanilla and cream but not the weight or sweetness.

After about 30 minutes, the woody dry-down starts to come in much stronger, tempered with a subtle milky undertone (the coconut milk) so it's never harsh or dry. Imagine holding a stick of expensive aromatic wood, swirled previously in a mug of rich chai latte.

This fragrance doesn't do a typical dry-down like other scents. It's linear in the best way possible, with the woody-aromatic and smoky spiced-cream accords taking turns surfacing over the next few hours. I love how its delicious to smell but not overtly foody.

At the end of the day, after a hot shower, my husband can still catch a whiff on my neck, so this lasts really well. But who can resist touching up in the middle of the day just to get one more hit of the treacly top notes?

Worth every single cent I paid.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

I had a sample of this, and not had much possible to use it my-Self. My soon to be 9 year old Son used it in few days totally end. I guess I need to purchase a bottle together for me and him. This is very addictive scent. What have You done Mr Serge Lutens? Good work for sure.

catfishy
catfishy

Smells like freshly baked bread and milk with some sugar in it. As it fades away it becomes the smell of a bread crust little over done :). I like but I am not sure I will wear it.

scouserdog
scouserdog

A very strange perfume - I am glad I got a sample. I was very put off by the unpleasant opening notes but then it softened to a strange, unfamiliar but not unpleasant scent. Excellent sillage and longevity but I will not be buying a big bottle.

steveniox
steveniox

For some reason, on me, my nose equates this to a very pleasant but pretty linear ginger / cinnamon biscuitty scent. Not sure how all those notes equal that resolution but hey! Discreet sillage, but lasting power seems to be very good.

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

I really like this! I see it more for winter but it reminds me of this scent called Trussardi skin. It smells like oatmeal or wheat oatmeal slightly sweetened with cedar.

candymarie
candymarie

freddiefingers,
thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. I, for one, do very much appreciate your words of warning, and will definitely heed them by sampling first.
:-)

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

I will kindly appeal to all who have not tried this not to be swayed by the rave reviews to do a blind buy.this is not safe if you dont have a 'refined' nose.what many are testifying to may not come across so easily on your skin.I am yet to wear this for some time before I can really make up mind fully about it.

I can testify it's long lasting,sillage and projection are well above average.one spray is more than enough.best time to wear this has to be fall/winter and cold evenings.cool spring will be ok too.On a hot summer day this will suffocate.

Our local Serge Lutens rep clearly linked it to food but said it is weird.she also needed more wearings to appreciate it.sadly they didnt stock it and only my sample was all she had.

Please try a sample before committing and making a big mistake.One reviewer described this as better than Chergui.I beg to differ....

witch_mum
witch_mum

This is a very into face santal parfume - today morning after the spraying, I didn't smelled any bread or milk, only santal with a hint of petrol (!)
I definitely prefer Santal du Mysore or Santal Blanc from uncle Serge's range since those show a nice development in the fragrance. Next time when I'll put it on my skin it will be minus 20 °C in the winter - let see how it works then. Would be great to smell on a men skin.
Longevity is vey good, it lasts more than 12 hours.

Migotka
Migotka

Animalic? Coconut? Sweet?
I have a different Serge Lutens on my skin then.

Jeux de Peau for me is a part of a group of fragrances that are sort of gourmand, but rather savoury gourmand than sweet. Jeux de Peau starts off with a milky-salty note coming from liquorice. But it is not a sort of liquorice I know from other scents- here it is dry, almost woody, and salty. Makes me think of fresh bread with salty butter spread on top. On the other hand it is delicious, but somehow, the scent turns out not to be an 'edible' fragrance' despite the food connections.
I did not really get the base notes really, even after a while, when the scent disappears, fruity notes did not really make an appearance.

I really like it, the longevity is good, but in the same category of gourmand-salty Praline de Santal is far superior.

swoon
swoon

jeux de peau is my true love!my one and only! creamy, smooth, oily, like a buttered toast ! and it also smells like sweet childhood memories. indeed, it make me feel cozy and happy!

bbnoise

Yes, I must express how much I LOVE The Highness of Jeux de peau. And that is Serge Lutens once more getting all my money. Will buy it till the day I lose my senses.

Johari
Johari

Opulence shrouded in the familiarity of victuals - a legacy my recently departed grandmother left. This scent is unapologetically intimidating while being softly imbued with unique shards of decadence and sensibility.

LaPetite

I have already reviewed this scent , saying how hideous i found it . BUT as I'm crazy , i often try again scents that i dislike . I've tried this one on my skin this time ( not on the test paper) and i have to say it's not THAT bad , i still don't get the croissant or the buttered bread ( and i'm French) to me , it's more a woodsy scent , with no real sillage , you have to be very close to smell it ( i guess that's why such a name).
I still fing those SL excessively expensive.

Eau de moi
Eau de moi

Aaaaah! I want to lick my arm. This is such a wonderful and yummy smell. It's gourmand, but a nice one. It reminds me of European ginger spice bread, the one with the chunks of sugar on top of it. I want a bottle NOW! ;-)

natalia.morozova
natalia.morozova

It is so smart and so charming - my true love at first sight! Perfect for winter and autumn - very comfortable, warm and appealing. Beautifully sits on male skin. For delicate, handsome young man with perfect sense of dressing and humor.

boom.archibald
boom.archibald

Love at first sight! Smell like buttery toast or even a milk-rich croissant, which reminds me of a bakery. Longevity is great, though.

kkw80
kkw80

I so wanted to like this, but don't. On me JdP smells of burned milk with a hint of leathery liquorice. Not a delicious comforting gourmand scent. I wish I got the toast/boulangerie notes people are mentioning!

aristocrat
aristocrat

Very surprised not to find Vanilla listed as an ingredient. This scent makes me think of french vanilla coffee and oozy buttery toast!
And toasted marshmallows!!

bloosunshine
bloosunshine

Reminds me of warm oatmeal cereal,the kind you eat in
winter.The milk and apricot notes waft in the air,the
coconut and licorice which smell much like maple syrup,
warm and comforting, on a cold blistery morning!I would
wear this if I were feeling nostalgic,echos childhood
and innocence.Very sweet and gourmand.

eldotjay123
eldotjay123

Put it like this:

I have never smelt anything that makes me dance at just the sheer smell lool - that kind of dance you do when you eat good food

Cis
Cis

To me it smells like an uncleaned hamster cage. Very unpleasant.

spumyland
spumyland

gourmand
tanta liquirizia lo rende maschile soprattutto all'inizio poi con cocco e albicocca vira al femminile.decisamente femminile.
buono ma non credo proprio sia possibile da indossare tutti i giorni.strange.
buona durata.

Turtledove
Turtledove

I'm really not familiar with Serge Lutens, but this one is strange. It really isn't the milky, bread and cookies scent I expected, but I know I've never smelled anything like it, it's very deep and rich.

Right when you spray it, it has an off-putting popcornish butter-sweet smell, but that fades off right away. The main thing I smell is black licorice, not in a sweet or candy way, but smooth, rich and dark, a little salty with a hint of sweetness and a tingle of spice, almost herbal but not quite.

It's actually not that far off from a leather smell, it's rich and deep but reserved, soft, dark, almost cozy but a little mysterious.... It's an intimate feel, like reading by candelight in an old-fashioned study, you can almost smell the leather and polished wood.

As it dries down, it seems a little more innocent and closer to the gourmand people have been describing, with less leather and darkness and a bit of milky coconut combined with a softer, sweeter aspect of the licorice.

I actually really like the smooth dark licorice-leather smell, but it feels like an odd thing for me to wear. I could see this being nice on either a man or a woman though.

vdxl
vdxl

Jeux de Peau sounds and it really is sensual. At first, it does remind me like a high-cal version Marc Jacobs for Men. I do get a lot of coconut-leather-sandalwood note with some spicy and fruity edges, that aare simply lovely. After using one sample, I did perceive the "boulangerie" effect, but bread it ain't- it is a metaphor for the idea that comfort food is what you need when you are lonely, but that food ain't real- it could be your fragrance that acts like a balm to your soul and maybe it is noticed by the ones who understand it. I do need to get it into my collection.

On another thread, you would get also an oriental facet- this fragrance does evoke India and it's legends.

Jeux de Peau does play with your skin and, as s
bread is a staple food, fragrance is a staple for your freshly-washed skin: it follows you throughout the day.

P.S: Needless to say that Jeux de Peau is here to stay with a nice scent trail and for a long visit.

johngreenink
johngreenink

Jeux de Peau takes the idea of gourmand fragrance into an entirely new realm. It is one of the warmest, most alkaline and milky scents I’ve encountered. It has notes that don’t appear in the profile, most strongly filbert (or hazelnut, noisette,) coffee, and something slightly metallic and salty. The other notes are all there, but they evolve slowly (peach/osmanthus.) I can also detect something like butter in Jeux de Peau. Like a comfort food, this is very warming and very creamy. No sour or acidic notes. It’s strong and bold, and fades off softly. Such a fascinating fragrance experience, I really encourage people to test this out; it pushes the boundaries of gourmand scents into something experiential and almost narrative.

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

SERIOUS longevity.

I piled it on this morning cuz my Serge L's usually disappear inside 3 hours. But with this, I had about a 3 foot radius of scent around me for a good 4 hours.

After 8 hours it was at about 6-12" and I could definitely still catch whiffs... The longest of any Lutens I've ever worn. And I have 5 others... It's 12 hours now, and I can still smell it, but its much closer to the skin now... I have to dig my nose into the front of my shirt... but I still catch whiffs as I walk around my house.

Not getting any of the flesh, or clean sweat, or "I know what cannibals feel like now" weirdness that is described... thank god.

I agree with id... yummy, edible and strange. I can not describe this scent. Not really buttered cookies or the milk and toast that people describe...nor the coconut, licorice or cedar or sandalwood...I have NO idea what I am smelling nor how on earth it has lasted so long!

But it is gourmand and I like it. It is most definitely unique.

thehanna
thehanna

A warm apricot jam, tangy instead of sweet, rich and complex is prominant. Also a very light buttery pastry croissant scent. This is definitely a warm fruity gourmand scent for grown ups. Warm and complex without being to sweet or perfumey.

So rich, even though it is not to heavy or cloying, that it may become tiresome as an everyday scent. Not right for a date. Perfect for fall or winter weekends or evenings.

id
id

yummy edible, strange. It annoys and attracts me the same time, so sometimes I still reach for it (usually for taking long walks in the morning, inside the weather is too dry for it)and feel good wearing this fragrance. Confusing, comfortable and memorable.

duskangel101
duskangel101

To be frank, I bought this fragrance with little thought because I was being rushed at the time. After taking it home, it smells a little too strong for me. For future references, I'll keep in mind that what smells good inside a perfume-filled department store is probably not quite the same under broad day light. I do like the fact that this fragrance doesn't drift into the expected vanilla sugar scent, but instead is a rather unique gourmand. Many people compared the scent to buttery toast, but I'm not sure I get the toast. It's more like a thick eggnog mixed with coconut cream. Buttery and rich, but also sophisticated at the same time.
On me, the sillage is impressive. A single dab on the wrist can last me quite a while. Under the California weather, it could easily become a very sickeningly cloying overdose of butter and cream. Because of so, I can never find the right occasion for which to wear it. Definitely not a golf weather fragrance, I'll say this much.

Marangoni
Marangoni

As I tried this, I had the chilling impression of understanding how cannibals feel. There is something disturbingly carnal about it, something you really would not want to know about. I'm the biggest fan of Serge Lutens perfumes ever, I want them all...But this one seems to open doors I'd prefer to keep closed, makes me think of something gone wrong at a genetic level. Feels like bad plastic surgery, or may be, like that Almodovar film - "The skin I live in"...But the idea of burnt skin really comes across, and I must admit, at least that is brilliant.

Jafer
Jafer

I think the perfume some strange thing I feel the smell of starch, but the wire and the beauty. Mr. letens Broaúha the strange take me to a different world, sometimes to the Gothic churches, and sometimes fancy gardens, and sometimes Arabic mosques and shops in the streets of old spices as bizarre really delightful

fpih
fpih

Milk that's been overheated and slightly burnt. That's Jeux de Peau's opening note that lasts about an hour. After that it's mostly sandalwood mixed with a bit of condensed milk and a touch of licorice to create that sweet, burnt smell. While the opening is quite loud, after 30' it settles very close to the skin, the sweetness dissipates, and it reminds me of a sexy masculine soap. The dry down also has something of Douce Amere IMO, but this is fainter than DA on me. Lasting power is good, over 8 hours but projection after the first 3-4 hours is beyond minimal.

It's a comforting scent for sure that, barring the first half hour, can be worn in any season. I find it quite inoffensive and very suitable for office use. However, already owning a large bottle of Bois Farine that creates the exact same feelings in me, I don't feel at all compeled to buy a FB.

Eyla
Eyla

I certainly can not decide whether this scent reminds me of warm, freshly baked, white bread with a crisp crust, just the sort that is so foamy in texture that, when pressed with hands, it remains in that crushed form, or an Easter 'pinca', sweet bread with eggs and raisins ... or perhaps both. whichever option I choose, it is a scent of a lot of yeast that is generously floured because the mix of milk and liquorice gives me the feeling of powdery flour-yeast note, and the coconut reminds of foamy lightness.
at the end the scent is sweetened with a very thin layer of apricot jam, for a sweet fruity, very interesting, finish touch.

the story designed to follow Jeux de Peau is nowhere near with the motives I get smelling it (and I wondered how this would be called if it was designed by Demeter), because this scent reminds me of, what we here call 'dječja radost/kids joy', and that is breakfast in the morning with jam/marmalade on bread; not quite 'games of skin/skin games', but it is certainly an interesting scent game of homemade bread and jam, which manages to be just on the verge of gourmand, never crossing that line - it still smells quite woody throughout the whole composition.

clongano
clongano

My worst blind buy ever !!!!!!! In the opening a heavy liquorice smell + sickly burnt notes . Sweet cloying in the worst way . Don't ask me about longevity I had to wash it off !!!

kris919
kris919

O M G get this off of me! On top of this smelling cloyingly full of cedar wood ( my arch nemesis), it smells like burnt & charred buttered toast pieces stirred into a bowl of burnt unsweetened oatmeal. This is not how I want to smell. Very strong opening <-- not a compliment when it comes to this perfume. This is not sweet, this is not a gourmand. I dont honestly know what this is. But I do know what it's NOT: good. I wanted to try a Lutens, and luckyscent only offered this one in sample form...so this is why I'm currently suffering thru this one right now. I notice there is no cedar listed in the notes. what?? impossible. I also notice there is coconut listed?! huh?? No way is there coconut! Who made this pyramid?? someone without a nose? Anyway, thumbs so down...down into the depths of hell

zapling
zapling

Do not know why other ppl describe all kinds of foody and sweet things I would love to smell. What I get from Jeux de Peau is tearoses and dirt. It is much similar to some Etat Libre scents in that smokey, gravel-like base it has. It makes me think of toilet spray.

Smapyska
Smapyska

This smell is like cookie. And you smell like you just went out from a bakery shop. I have bought this parfume in winter and i really like it, because it's not too sweet and is very warm (it makes me feel cute). The smell at the beginning is stronger, but very soon it becomes very light (i even would like it stronger). My boyfriend cant stop sniffing me and is very in love with me then i'm wearing this parfume, that's why it's my signature smell at the moment.

luxatron
luxatron

Salty French bread, butter toffee, and clean sweat; milk, coconut powder, and licorice; cedarwood, amber, and insect repellent. Jeux de Peau - literally "skin games" - is a challenging scent that leaves me with the chilling impression of wearing someone else's skin. Jeux de Peau feels nostalgic and familiar, yet this feeling of true horror sets in once you realize that you're feeling all-too-intimate and familiar with a complete stranger's life. Extra horror points once you realize this is the smell of a child: l'eau de young French bakery boy running errands in the summer.

While Jeax de Peau is a pleasure to try on every so often just to experience the ride of emotions that is sure to follow, there's something frightening about the idea of having a bottle of this sitting on my dresser.

Vespertine__Milo
Vespertine__Milo

This is one of the most edible scents to be created on this earth. Fans of burnt sugar and milk will love it instantly as it really reminds the air in the kitchen where some warm dessert has been prepared. It can be tiring as its sweetness permeates through the skin swallowing it greedy.

Amethyste27
Amethyste27

I really don't like this at all. I know it is suppposed to smell like fresh bread but, to me, it smells like burnt coffee with a hint of burnt rubber I think. I also agree with the people who said it smells of sweat. Very disappointing.

lindy-fay
lindy-fay

This is a perfect gourmand for me! It has actually driven me to change my breakfast routine. Out with the porridge! I now eat toasted bread with butter and organic (French!:) peach spread every morning, completed with top quality, new brewed, white coffee. Delicious it is!

talnyc
talnyc

I went to Bergdorf Goodman to try this scent and the top note is a milky/almond scent. Delicious and unusual..you want to eat it up. It dried down to a woodsy scent. I do not smell the milky/almond notes anymore. It is a fall/woodsy scent based on the dry down.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

Alfarom give bakery an exemple,i would totally agree.
Buttery,milky,sickly sweet,something to eat.
First seconds licorice is very clear,minute later milk dominate,then coconut and still from this stage linear till end.
Unisex,but a to me a little to feminine side,just a little.
I took a shower after 6 hours of applying but it was really still strong so i will say 8+ hours for longevity and projection is LOUD!!!
To me isn't bad smell but just not a "Perfume"!
P.S:10 hours after bath i can smelt it easily,it last and last.

kassinator
kassinator

I love this scent. It smells like warm milk with licorice and spices and like another review said toast! Very warm and inviting. I do not smell the coconut at all and thank god for that. I am SO over coconut smelling anything. But I digress, I was excited to try this perfume after I read the description and it really was love at first sniff. There seems to be a lot of mixed opinions on this one, but I think it is truly divine. It isn't too sweet at all. I don't smell the fresh baked bread, but I think that is a good thing. I'm not sure I want to walk around smelling like yeast.

Funny, I don't get the baked bread scent so much. What I notice is sandalwood and milk arguing and never blending together to form a united whole. This one is a jarring perfume-y gourmand on my skin, very serrarating to the nerves. I hated it before I could get it off and yes, Serge Lutens last forever! I do love some of his madly, but this is not one of them. It just doesn't blend at all on me and puts me on edge.

teddito
teddito

Very spicy gourmand .The drydown totally reminds me of Laura Mercier Nuits Enchantees without the coffee note.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Wow! I don't now how often I would wear this one outside the house, but for my own personal enjoyment, it is rather amazing. I get so many things from Jeux de Peau. There is an aroma of the sweaty, salty skin of a child running in the heat of a summer evening. There's a touch of insect repellent, too. There's an overwhelming (but not unpleasant) note of freshly-popped popcorn drenched in caramel or toffee glaze, with coarse-grained salt visible and detectable in the aroma and taste. I find Jeux de Peau to be complex, inviting, slightly gourmand, long-lasting, and rather abstract in concept. Definitely worth a sniff for fans of the unconventional!

Sugandaraja
Sugandaraja

Just too, too sweet and oddly burnt and oily. I have a high tolerance for Lutensian sugar-rushes, but this a nutella monster ( I get a strong hazelnut note ) over a rather harsh, woody base. There are better gourmands and woody fragrances in this line.

On the up side, this lasts to forever and projects very well, so if you like this it'll be with you all day!

pippab
pippab

At first I got incense like at Mass (and not in a good way - quite putrid in fact), but then the dry down became something a little more approachable. I think it's a very much like Revlon Absolutley Fabulous and a bit like Mugler's Amen. Projection is not great and nor is longevity. Unfortunately I find this with most Lutens fragrances that I've tried. Not worth the hefty price tag.

mseidoom
mseidoom

I guess I didn't get the same reaction as many of you below. Well, some of you said "sweat", that would be the cumin I smelled. I also got urine and smelly feet. Sorry to say that but that's what I smelled. Seeing the notes above makes me wonder what happened?!

eMCizzle
eMCizzle

The correct spelling is "Jeux" de Peau, not "Jeaux" de Peau as this website has it.

The Serge Lutens website describes Jeux de Peau as "warm, freshly-baked bread: a remedy for solitude."

A very deliciously heavy gourmand fragrance. I'm wearing it right now for the first time (at work). Is it work appropriate? Is it too strong or offensive? I don't know. I can only wonder what my co-workers think.

I was told by a few sales people at Barney's that Hazelnut is included in the notes. True?

Anyway, I like it a lot. I wish it was more versatile to wear at any time and occasion, but I guess I like it too much to even care.

Carestinus
Carestinus

Bonjour boulangerie!!!!

Jeux de peau was at first a very heavy gourmand scent but not in a wearable way... it felt a bit obnoxious and rather a question mark in my head. Would I wear this? Under what alcoholic conditions? I enjoyed smelling it every five minutes until I decided it wasn't something I'd buy although it had caught my attention. But then I tried it a second time and I became addicted to it. I don't care for my auntie saying "what are you wearing son and why?". I don't.

I'd use it every once in a while because I love the feeling and the drydown is pretty similar to other Lutens albeit this is much pronounced and I like that. Coconut is not my favorite note but here it mixes well with the milk and liquorice so it's ok.

This surely makes a statement and most people will feel intimidated creating such a strong impression. I don't think this is an easy one to go anywhere with, and still... it's a scent you can't take out of your mind. I guess I'd get tired of it on a daily use but I also do when I increase unmoderately my consumption of pastries and cakes, so my only advice: don't eat too much of these freshly baked croissants and your appetite will be alive for next hungers to come!

megank4
megank4

I really like this scent but my husband says it smells like sweat.

maknine ezzine
maknine ezzine

un parfum qui me fait rappelait un attar chez arabian oud!!!!!!
ce n'est pas de la copie ca?????!!!! mensieur lutens???

William Liang
William Liang

Love the initial burst of sweet buttery baked bread fragrance. The sillage and longevity is decent, lasted 6-8 hours, mostly close to my skin..indeed a "skin games" as in the name "Jeux de Peau". This is one of those few not so common and interesting toasted butter-bread type of sweet gourmand fragrance. The drydown is built around some rather soft sandalwood, cedarwood and amber notes. Found JdP share some similar initial blast of nutty-toasty-buttery with L'Artisan's Bois Farine. Also if you enjoyed the dark opulence of Chypre Rouge, I find JdP to be in the same league. Interesting and unique sweet gourmand which I enjoyed much.

alicerombi
alicerombi

I'm in love with this fragrance, I need to have It and sometimes I need to smell It...To me It's like a firework, all smells break out in a very unusual way and It lasts for long long time...Definitely the next one I'm gonna buy!

An heavv gourmand that clearly shows the Lutens hallmark. Intense, sweet, rich...way too much. Pleasant at first with its apricot (mainly osmanthus to me) mixed with a buttery / milky accord, but definitely cloying after a while. The overall effect is like to be in a french boulangerie at 8 o'clock am. Steaming butter-croissants and bread, sweet aromas, icing. Pleasant smell if you go, get your breakfast and get out. But if you wear it for the whole day it gets cloying in two hours. Incredibly tenacious lasting power. Pass.

Francop
Francop

A lovely Gourmand scent with Serge Lutens quality signature.

Very nice indeed...!!!

kgb1_nz
kgb1_nz

This smells delicious. On a cold, wet wintery day, initially it reminded of rice pudding with all the spices I love but can't wear. And unfortunately I can't wear this one either. I think the mid notes' (coconut and licorice) combination is what reacted and made me feel rather nauseaous. However the sillage is great (bad for me though), even after I tried washing it off my arm, it's still going strong.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

Extraordinarily gourmand on me, this is sweet doughy bread through and through. I've never tried a scent that made me feel that hungry before! A warming fragrance, I thought this was more suited to coller months. Phenomenal sillage and very long lasting, a little goes a long way.

spoombung
spoombung

Beware, this could be fattening: a very high calorie gourmand fragrance: buttered rolls, jam, pastry and lots of sugary lactonic notes. It is, quite literally, like wearing food.

Of course, like most Lutens it's beautifully composed and beautifully balanced... and I guess quite unique... but I'm not sure I could wear it as it wets the appetite far too much. I'd end up snacking on buttered scones and doughnuts all day long.

LaPetite

"Jeux de Peau" , is the French for " Skin Games " .
Indeed it does smell skin-like , but ( no offend at all to it's fans )to me it smells like someone who hasn't showered , it's acrid . It doesn't smell sweat , i don't know, it's weird .
Really not for me anyway.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

This fragrance was very close to being something I could enjoy, but I found the licorice note out of place in the composition, for my chemistry at least.

On me, Jeux de Peau smells like toasted spiced bread with butter and cinnamon sugar...it's very foody, which I often enjoy in a fragrance. In this case, not all the spices in the bread are something I want to taste (or smell). The licorice note is smothering the toast and cinnamon-sugar notes. The butter note hangs on though! So, it's like buttered licorice toast in the end. :(

I do detect some sandalwood, but no apricot.

Filomele
Filomele

The best Lutens scent of recent times. An incredible softness sandalwood. A French croissant, covered with butter and a compote of apricots.

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

Jeux de Peau
The scent of Baked Bread like Croissants ....even a Baguette is intended and unmistakable

On the skin, my nose picks up something of the nuances of bread which seem to
fade into a buttery heaven,
with an tiny bit of Fruity Confiture
As the perfume mellows down it takes on a subtle nuances ...
Skin and Croissant/ Baguette get confused.

Jeux de Peau is a skin scent...
meant to stay close to the body,
disappearing into nothing more than a whisper.
The Bread butter smell is very faint and you need to be very close to encounter it.

The drydown is particularly beautiful
Settling into a wood palette of milky sandalwood.
This fragrance is made to play with our memory of
things we are familiar with
and unconsciously like ....

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

Today I've found this one, so I could try it... I can smell liquorice + coconut + woody notes. I've found some similarities with... With love, by Hillary Duff! So Jeux de peau isn't original as I expected, but if you want a nice and wereable Lutens, you can try it!

teaweed
teaweed

My sample from LuckyScent doesn't resemble the note pyramid at all! Jeux de Peau opened awfully with burnt wood and ashes. It smelled acrid and made me sneeze. An hour later, the char was still dominant, but less harsh. Slightly sweet powder and then coconut notes developed. After two hours the charcoal note has finally faded into a pleasant mix of powdery wood and dessert notes, all liberally flavored with woodsmoke. At the three hour mark, I liked it a lot and would love to smell it's smoky, woody sweetness on a man. After a full 8 hours the smoke is finally in the background. In the foreground are sweets, wood, and musk. The sweets and musk remind me of Flower by Kenzo.

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

Ok I'm not part of the crowd because my sample I got 100% Sweet almond biscotti with a little pistachio nougat and a healthy shot of Sambuca. There is no way anyone should wear this if they want to tone down a little. This is lovely or should I say yummy;)

Lottis
Lottis

Love this!!!
On me the licorice stands out the most at start. I missed the milk compleatly but get some burnt wood in the dry down. Creamy and dry… like new baked bred with a krunchy crust witha a fluffy lovley inside. It gets a litlebit sweeter wiht time though but still with a wood-smoky tone.
I think this one are good for a woman but even better for a man so this one I'll pas on to my brother.

samsara1977
samsara1977

I received a sample from Les Salons and tried it intantly.It is quite a strong, warm smell to launch in sringtime. I would prefer it more for winter or fall. Reminds me of Chergui and Feminité du bois, nothing new for me. Or maybe I just don' smell the milk and cookies.

bbnoise

One of my favorite so far.

Taiarosa

It IS in Palais Royal in Paris:)) Smelt it there!
Smells exactly like toasts, milk and licorice! Like it very much!

kasienkie

I bought it in Poland (private seller). It will be avaiable from March 1st on sergelutens.com, so I guess You'll have to wait.

Taiarosa

Excuse me, but where did you buy it? Can I already purchase it in "Les Salons du Palais Royal" in Paris?!

kasienkie

I just have bought it and I think the scent is sooo great. It smells like buttered cookies with a hint of Wonderwood by Comme Des Garcons. Very wearable scent. Sillage and staying power is also very good. Jeux de peau is good for men and women, because first sniff is sweet and buttery - more feminine, than fragrance gets more woody and masculine. Now it's one of my favourite from Serge Lutens!

Jeux de Peau by Serge Lutens 3.69 out of 5 based on 624 ratings and 155 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Serge Lutens Jeux de Peau fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Serge Lutens Jeux de Peau, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jeux de Peau by Serge Lutens. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jeux de Peau by Serge Lutens represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.