Designers » R S » Oriental Woody « Groups

L'Eau Froide Serge Lutens for women and men

L'Eau Froide Serge Lutens for women and men
dislike

smoky
L'Eau Froide Serge Lutens for women and men Pictures L'Eau Froide Serge Lutens for women and men Pictures L'Eau Froide Serge Lutens for women and men Pictures

L'Eau Froide by Serge Lutens is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. L'Eau Froide was launched in 2011. The fragrance features olibanum, sea water, musk, vetiver, mint, incense, pepper and ginger.

Olibanum Sea water Musk Vetiver Mint Incense Pepper Ginger

Charme et Feuilles
CK One

L'Eau Froide Fragrance Reviews

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

A great summery, oceanic(yes, oceanic) scent that got a twist. Coming from the house of Serge Lutens, it is a rare gem.

Nirti
Nirti

Oh! I love this scent.It was a blind buy , but Im in heaven! I'm on the walk in the forest, I smell resin (olibanum) lots of green and fresh air.I think this is a smell of fresh breeze after storm in the very old forest. Most beautiful.
I'm woman and my husband said that it smells great on me. This scent is so relaxing!

Brenao
Brenao

Love or hate scent, but to me, is a big love, very wearable, easy, but not dull, thankfully I can't feel anything marine. Very refreshing, cool, pale grey scent for summer. Citrus and soft, it would be a kind from Aqua Allegoria line. I wasn't expecting to love this one so much. In Brazil we had a soda called "soda limonada" long time ago, some kind of sprite, in the beginning is the same smell to my nose. Childhood memories constructed by Mr. Lutens.

kl99
kl99

First ten minutes is Paco Energy, then it turns into a common balmy shave foam/classic supermarket's after shave.
The End.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Menthol-balsamic opening, with cedar-incense notes (Iso E), subtle white musks, and a rather generic, pale floral accord. Lutens does Helmut Lang, or Costume National. The menthol-balsamic note is not bad, it has a nice, sharp medicinal vein, a kind of "medical-invigorating-balmy" vibe. A rarefied, thin, white-grey opalescent mood, fascinating itself, and quite thermal too – I think of those ultra-modern trendy pools with Jacuzzis and spa areas. Linalool drydown. Astutely and completely synthetic, not even comparable to "real" Lutens' golden age, but making the effort to judge it as-is, it's – barely – not bad.

6,5/10

Hassan Nasrallah
Hassan Nasrallah

nice fresh perfume for summer , give the feeling of freshness & cleanness , it is really like new invention far from Serge Lutens signatures , it has a new identity and new concept ,
it gives some energy at the beginning with the strong opening of mint , after it calms it is soft and cottony , on my skin it lasts well ,
i like it and for daily use , but i prefer if it has a cheaper price since it does not reflect a feeling of luxury neither the ingredients are .
Merci Mr.Serge Lutens

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

The first blast of Serge Lutens L'Eau Froide is a medicinal sweet peppermint. The mint here is not the wonderful herbal mint in Guerlain Herba Fresca, instead, with its medicinal and sweet quality, it's utterly reminiscent of toothpaste to me. But at the same time, it does give off a cooling effect.

Later on, while the mint starts to mellow, a smoky facet is revealed. The austere incense contrasts with the sweet mint, and at the same time, it stays cold, which is coherent to the overall ambiance.

I didn't notice the salty note until in the late drydown, when the incense fades. Again, the saltiness contrasts with sweet mint, as if the skin just comes out of sea water and then a shower with mint shower gel, clean, but still with a slight exotic vibe.

The sillage of L'Eau Froide is better than L'Eau, but still close to the skin, and the longvity is around 9 to 10 hours. Although I'm still bugged with the toothpaste assocition at the beginning, scent-wise I find it more interesting than its predecessor in Les Eaux series. If you happen to be looking for a medicinal mint fragrance with an incense touch, L'Eau Froide worths a shot, but do try it before commiting a blind buy.

jht4060
jht4060

I am a big Serge Lutens and fan and, in principle, I am happy to explore a different olfactory space in his newer tall bottle line. Unfortunately this stuff smells wretched to me: the top is an uncomfortable blend of mint and ozone, with some sharp green or peppery note behind that. You could call it daring, but to me it just smells odd. As the mint dissipates it starts to smell more like a standard aggressive marine perfume, which isn't my favorite genre either and not something you should pay niche prices for. Sorry Serge, not for me! I have a full bottle, so I will undoubtedly be trying it now and again to see if I experience a sea change in my response. If not, it will go to eBay.

On the positive side, the bottle is very sleek and it is good to see SL heading out into new territory. I just wish it were different territory.

Most of all I feel the sea water, musk, vetiver and musk notes.

Salty, not impressive fragrance.

Not the best by this brand for sure.

Marciu
Marciu

Actually, I'm spending some time with this Lutens fragrance recently, that's why I wanted to refresh my review about it.

On my skin it starts with a big blast of freshness - mint and see breeze hit me in my face - it does give a lot of freshness and is so invigorating! There are some spices also - both pepper and ginger, but ginger is not sweet at all, straight opposite - it's raw and sharp. Once it starts drying down, it shows its real face. Yes, indeed, it is an incense "monster". I feel like I'm walking into a big cloud of incense smoke. This incense is actually a mix of olibanum (frankincense) and "regular" incense. It is really amazing... And it stays like this 'till the end.
L'Eau Froide lasts quite long on my skin - about 12 hours or so. However, it projects well for the first 4-5 hours and then slowly morphs into a skin scent, detectable in closer contact with other person.
I discovered one thing - the colder it is, the longer it lasts on me, and it's always the same story with incense perfumes on my skin.
All in all this stuff is amazing and I know it'll be in my collection forever.

Well quite different to L'eau at first lovely hint of Incense and pepper in this one but once that's gone it drys down L'eau Froide is quite similarly to L'eau for my nose.
I mean... I have one on each hand and after the opening (one floral with magnolia and this with smokey spice)
All I get as the incense dies down is soapy vetiver (which is creates the same feeling as L'eau) and yet something a little greener than my comforting fresh out of the washing machine teddy bear smell...but not a million miles away.
It definitely has a watery feel but is far from an aquatic.
These two are different to usual fresh offerings for sure but Serge Lutens has some gems among the collection...these however are just okay.

freddinos
freddinos

More masculine than feminine, this perfume features a balanced blend of spearmint (for freshness and coolness), sea notes (for breeziness), musk(intimate skin scent nuances) with a hint of incence. The whole concoction smells like a high quality shaving cream, the old fashioned kind. Or even better, like your beloved man who just had a traditional hot towel shave and put on a dab of cologne hugged you and gave you a kiss. The drydown, once the minty notes have subsided, is very comforting. Makes me want to take a deep breath... Would gladly purchase a full bottle for my husband if only it wasn't for the minty note, which is not among my favorite olfactory accords in a perfume. But a very nice perfume overall.

Cams
Cams

Sprayed this on this am on my way out and my girlfriend who was waiting for me commented on how great I smelled! This one is different from what you expect from Serge and was not really love at first sight but it has grown on me and I get compliments every time I wear it.

ericgoesta
ericgoesta

This is the first time I've ever been bored with a Serge Lutens perfume. It's blant, "fresh", uninspiring and the scent could be any Rexona och Axe spray deodorant out there. Not a bad smell or anything, just totally uninteresting.

The Financier
The Financier

It's a perfect fresh scent. Why did Serge Lutens call it "a L'Eau"? I would call it "Eclipse".

fedz
fedz

I am a little bit surprised that the ginger have only 16 points intensity in fragrantica.
In my opinion this note is dominant in L'eau Froide and I love it!
Definetly I will buy tomorrow the fragrance and this will be my signature this summer.
This is a fresh, beautiful and lovely smell from Serge Lutens who deserves attention from every men and woman :)

AyameSapphire
AyameSapphire

Exquisite and smooth perfum! In love with Serge Lutens, as usual.

Carestinus
Carestinus

Is it a sin? Is it a crime? Loving you dear like I do... if it's a crime then I'm guilty... guilty of loving you...

I declare my love for L'eau froide. It is very far from the Lutens style we are used to, true, but it follows the path of the previous L'Eau which was to me a nice little change meant for those moments we can't handle a powerhouse or killorientals à la Serge. I don't think, however, that these are bad fragrances or mainstreamish. Yes, they are easier and not so complex but at the same time they offer a unique vibe that I find very worth experiencing at least! In the case of L'Eau it was leaning towards the feminine whereas here it's the opposite.

Now, let me go on with some thoughts I've had regarding 3 scents that share many many things according to my untrained nose. Whenever I think of one of them, the 2 other appear in my mind: L'Eau Froide, Geranium pour monsieur and Zagorsk. They are all unique and I'm not saying they smell exactly the same... but the three of them provoke similar things on me (a chilling craze!) and I'd dare to say they are three perfumes of a same group. Three different takes on the same vibe... as if you asked three totally different painters to re-paint the Mona Lisa with their own twist.

I love them all actually. Geranium shares the mint mist with L'eau but it is definitely stronger, much more assertive and thus less wearable, much more difficult to choose when to use it unless you die for being looked at. It is a work or art for me but that previous statement prevents me from buying a full bottle (yet). In the case of Zagorsk, the olibanum is a link with l'Eau Froide and they are both so incency and cooling! A certain green ingredient makes Zagorsk also a bit medicinal, as in those Vic Vaporub creams, just like Geranium, which highlights this aspect the most. The three of them share that vibe that I'd describe as a mix of eucaliptus, mint and some resins.
In the case of Zagorsk the thing is it is the strange one out of the three... amazing as well but more for intimate moments in your house by the fire... introspection and deep thoughts. A bit too ceremonial. It is not very wearable for me outside that scene...
And then, there is L'eau Froide. The simple one of the bunch... the less "interesting", the one with less "development" and still... the easiest to wear. A total winner guys!! It smells delicious, calm and very compelling... sexy sexy! I can see myself wearing it on a daily base, unlike the other two brothers. I would have those other bottles for years and would possibly get bored after a while because of their being too "special".

Again, not saying it is better, I'm saying they are closely linked and should appeal to different kinds of guys:
The more introverted (and weird lol)- Zagorsk.
The dandy - chic - extroverted and showing off guy - Geranium pour monsieur
and the ones who love that same experience in a milder, easier... yet still gorgeous summer eau format - L'eau Froide.

PS: It lasts for ages and projects perfectly!

Buysblind
Buysblind

L'Eau Froide opens with peppery lemon notes (the lemon comes via olibanum) over light, refreshing spearmint. The result is a kind of cold, breezy fragrance with a prickly, resinous edge. I believe this is the "sea water" accord that everyone is recognizing. As it dries down, vetiver emerges along with a light-to-medium-bodied incense which brings with it some smokiness and a bit of a change in the overall scent-impression. This occurs around the 4 hour mark and remains for the rest of its life, which all but fades completely after about 6 hours.

L'eau Froide seems well suited for the summer as it is very cooling and not the least bit heavy. However, that does not mean it is weak. It projects well and has a sturdy, solid construction. In other words, the notes aren't thin, fleeting, or flat despite their levity.

I commend Serge Lutens for taking a risk and creating something atypical of the house. This time it was done well and ultimately adds some variety to the Lutens lineup.

This is a comfortable and easy wear.

Consider L'eau Froide if you are looking for a cool, refreshing summer fragrance built around mint, resins, and incense.

talnyc
talnyc

I bought this scent at Barneys this late Summer and I really love it. It is a a wonderful water fragrance mixed with musk. For me, I am a seasonal person and I wear this in the Summer and when it is raining.

I have worn it to the movies and my Male friends all tell me that they love what I am wearing, so for a Man to say that to a Woman is pretty darn good.

I do not think it smells masculine at all. When I take off my sweater, I notice the scent and it is really inviting. It is actually warm because of the musk note drydown, but yet when you apply it, it is refreshing.

A very nice blend.

pukkolandia
pukkolandia

Love love love it!!!!!! It smells clean, bright white, sensuous this wintertime. Wearing it I feel like a snow creature, full of magic and grace! Wow!!!

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

I love the initial blast of seawater and mint. It is completely refreshing and cools my skin on this warm summer evening. Eventually I detect a pineapple scent in there, too, and in the dry-down a gingery musk. If there is incense in here, I'm not getting it which is fine with me. I would definitely buy this for my husband and sneak a spray or two here and there. I really like it for hot summer months for sure!

bekonowypasztet
bekonowypasztet

According to notes list I supposed that's a fresh, summer fragrance. Unfortunely I smell salt and forest trees suitable only for men. There is no feminity! How somebody could suppose that may be a femine scent!?

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

Fascinating scent. Bracing mint and resin mingle into a cool metallic cloud. The ginger and vetiver combine to give it a sexy masculine edge on drydown. Highly reminiscent of ADP Cipresso di Toscana. A very enjoyable fragrance with good silage. Recommended for men.

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

I'm a fan of L'Eau Froide. Generally speaking I do NOT go for light scents, but I do keep a few in my stable for the hottest of days - and for the dead of winter when I need to smell something a bit more summery! The list is VERY short because I find most lighter scents all smell the same and bore me to tears - so I jump when I come across something I think is distinctive.

It is not an ultra-complex SL creation. It does not last long enough IME. Sillage is nothing to write home about, but it's there. I'm going through it very quickly - I apply a lot of it :-) .

cloyd42
cloyd42

Disappointing. Cold water in the sense of "throwing on". I'm hoping someone with a better memory than mine can identify which extremely old fashioned after shave this smells like. When I was a kid (I'm 50+ now) my grandfather's barber shop smelled precisely like this. Comforting and clean but guys-talking-politics-with-the-Phillies-on-the-radio more than Uncle Serge.

Sillage: 4-5 feet
Longevity: 2 hours and counting
Fabulosity: Aqua Velva
Value to price ratio: Very poor

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

To my nose L'Eau Froide is more on the masculine side but I can picture outdoorsy, sporty women wearing the fragrance, too.

L'Eau Froide opens with herbal notes and has a cool, minty and maybe even a little sharp feel to it.
The fragrance quickly transforms into a cool, marine fragrance which is indeed reminiscent of shaving foam (but not in a bad way).

L'Eau Froide stays cool and marine until the very drydown where musky notes seem to dominate.
Definitely a refreshing, transparent fragrance with cool (but not cooling) aromas.
The sillage is rather intimate and I doubt it would offend anyone.
The scent lingered on my skin for around 5 hours.

I expected something completely different - a mysterious fragrance that would make me want to figure out its secret.
Instead L'Eau Froide is rather tame and I consider it safe for blind-buying.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I tested this today along with Serge Lutens' de Profundis (q.v.) and was quite surprised by this one. To me it is a fairly simplistic fragrance, and there is much less to analyze than in most of Lutens' creations. Yes! Cold sea water! It also seems to have had a bunch of herbs immersed in it for a very short while; I get a hint of basil and maybe thyme, certainly no mint. BUT, in spite of smelling simplistic, as in all Lutens' works, he always throws in an odd little note to confuse your nose. This time, for me, it is over-ripe pineapple. It is there, then it's not there, then it is again. I don't dislike it, but I can't quite believe I am smelling it. This would be wonderful in hot weather. It is so unusual. I wouldn't mind having a decent decant, but would never get through a whole bottle.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

Very green, crisp opening; green aldehyde, not green citrus, reminiscent of Chanel No 19 on me. It developed into a very cold-feeling fragrance, living up to it's name. From that perspective, it is a success. However, there is nothing in this fragrance that appeals to me, nor does it have any outstanding, interesting characteristics.

portissimo
portissimo

Hey, Fragrantica,

Why don't you have Serge Lutens L'Eau in your portfolio, only Serge Lutens L'Eau Froide?
I would appreciate if you included it... Thanks.

body67
body67

awful, awful stuff!! smells cheap, like a minty, slightly salty water (sea water anyone??), in which case i'd advise you to take some sea water, mix it with a bit of toothpaste and voila! you have l'eau froide. usually i am a big fan of serge's creations which are too numerous to mention here but this (and i totally understand that he wanted to create something completely anti-lutens) is an absolute failure to my nose. no, no, a thousand times no. i will stick to the gourmand orientals, thank you very much.

golgotronx
golgotronx

Un parfum unique.
A la fois chaud et froid comme son nom l'indique, il sera parfait par temps chaud pour tous ceux qui recherche un parfum rafraichissant mais qui a quand même du caractère.
Comme tous les Serge Lutens il ne plaira pas à tout le monde et tant mieux.

Kterhark
Kterhark

Hmm... this is a metropolitan, white with grey accent kind of scent. I don't appreciate it as much as others from this line; there is too much marble and not enough rug. There is also some weird booze vibe going on, a gin or vodka martini?

I've tried sea water/salt before and this is not a note that works well on me. I find it off putting and again, it might do better with a man's chemistry.

hmm...

Bathroom freshener + laundry detergent. How it sounds? Boring throughout. Want a chilling incense? Get Zagorsk.

A sad joke from Lutens.

sablebombe
sablebombe

I found this very refreshing and as described to be honest .. ! But I have to agree with Tusnelda - for me it is too masculine ... regrettably handing over to my son!

For me it is very 'fresh' watery and I certainly don't get any incense at all - I smell a trace of vanilla in the background on my skin but this isn't listed! After 24 hours there is a trace of mint on my skin and I must say compared to most of the SL fragrances this has lasted quite a long time - I got over 9 hours on this one!

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

I am very ambiguous about this one. I expected a somber, austere scent in the manner of Iris Silver Mist. Lutens had other things in mind (cliche, I know). He set out to create the scent of cold water but he did more than that I am afraid. This is the typical scent I am experiencing after having washed myself with a marine scented showergel (and sorry to say a cheap one)in a hot summer day. Perhaps the people who developed this fragrance have never used run of the mill products so they missed that association that will be blatantly obvious to the average person. The "cold water in hot weather" accord in itself is very convincing and penetrating like ozon. I would like it paired with some bitter elements and something smooth and musky to remind me freshly washed skin. Instead I get a typically chemical aromatic cologne with hints of bubble-gum (I am afraid the dreaded calone is included in this one too children). The accompanying elements are not balanced and as a result they rival the central theme leading the whole thing off-track. If the cologne theme was replaced with galbanum, orris, musk and perhaps lavender this would be my dream of hot weather cologne come true.
The technical aspects of this eau are very good. It is very refreshing and lasts forever on skin. It is light and transparent, with moderate non-offensive sillage. I will have to try it again in hot weather and see how it behaves.

Tusnelda
Tusnelda

This too much to the masculine side for me. Smells a bit like shaving foam. Not bad, but will suit a man better, so I'll pass my sample on to my husband.
Btw. it is much less outrageous than some of Lutens' other creations. It is quiet and stays close to the skin. Very soft.

Rigs1
Rigs1

Nice! I'm not sure about the smokiness? Ok maybe a little, but a hint of spice and a lot of green. Definitely something fresh and perfect for spring time.

rosecat
rosecat

Yesss!!! it Frankinscense through and through, Comforting yet refreshing thus clearing the mind and body - Love it and want, need it now.

zoka
zoka

I love the frshness of this fragrance. It awakes me and energize in the morning. I am very grateful that I had a chance to test it before it was released. I think it will be more popular among men then women but who knows.

ANGELICA07
ANGELICA07

To people who know it : could this one be a good candidate for a summer "blast of fresh air-refreshing" scent ?

Thanks.

L'Eau Froide by Serge Lutens 3.42 out of 5 based on 233 ratings and 41 user reviews

SERGE LUTENS L'EAU FROIDE for WOMEN by Serge Lutens EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
SERGE LUTENS L'EAU FROIDE for WOMEN by Serge Lutens EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Serge Lutens - L'Eau Froide Eau de Parfum - 50 ml
Serge Lutens - L'Eau Froide Eau de Parfum - 50 ml
L'eau Froide Cologne by Serge Lutens, 3.3 oz Eau De Parfum Spray unisex for Men
L'eau Froide Cologne by Serge Lutens, 3.3 oz Eau De Parfum Spray unisex for Men
L'eau Froide Perfume by Serge Lutens, 3.3 oz Eau De Parfum Spray unisex for Women
Perfume.com
Serge Lutens L' Eau Froide Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Beautyhabit.com
Serge Lutens - L'Eau Froide Eau de Parfum - 100 ml
Serge Lutens - L'Eau Froide Eau de Parfum - 100 ml

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Serge Lutens L'Eau Froide fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Serge Lutens L'Eau Froide, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Eau Froide by Serge Lutens. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Eau Froide by Serge Lutens represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.