Designers » R S » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

dislike

almond
nutty
Louve Serge Lutens for women Pictures

Louve by Serge Lutens is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. Louve was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Serge Lutens. Top notes are almond and fruity notes; middle notes are musk, jasmine and rose; base notes are amber, vanilla and resin.

Almond Fruity Notes

Loukhoum Eau Poudree
Byzantium

Louve Fragrance Reviews

Italo Paz

I want it so bad but I cannot find it! Does it have something similiar and easy to find?

Coucoucath
Coucoucath

This is rather bizzare but I loved it on blotter. Marzipan/amaretto but with some depth. I liked it when lady sprayed it on my wrist too but I had other perfume on that day as well.
I got the wax sample and when trying it I got no almonds whatsoever. Not at all.
What I got is cherry fragrance which very quickly becomes jasmine/rose/musk blend. Pretty but not what I expected.

renperd
renperd

The sequence of top notes I get is almond and baby powder. The fruitiness appears a bit later. This note vies for position with an accord that I find similar to something in Bendelirious (Etat Libre d'Orange). Only Bendelirious performs a damn sight better. I enjoy wearing Louve and feel I'm able to pull it off with impunity. However, Bendelirious serves an exhibitionist mood far better. I don't get any molar-drilling sweetness, which is a relief. Recommended perfume, but not at full price.

born for shalimar
born for shalimar

I couldnt take rahab loukoum just as i couldnt take mecheri poudree some sort of pee smell, sorry to be explicit .i had to give them away and they were lovely accept for that horrible smell.i think it may be the honey which i avoid.iv not heard anyone else complain about that but i have in other perfumes.my friend who got them loved them bothl.the louvre has non of that for me .i think its a warm weather perfume to be appreciated on open skin but i love it.i havnt used it enough to go through the notes but theres almond cherry something fruity which i usually avoid.a masterpiece for me after the other two.i love it.i would love a flagon of this perfume.i didnt get the florals but the skin changes from hot to cold.wll spritz some tonight.

Walking Unicorn
Walking Unicorn

For anyone who's tried Rahat Loukhom, this actually smells very similar. Initially in Louve I smell yummy marzipan, but within minutes it is joined by a light cherry scent and resins. It's all so delicious! About 2 hours later I realized that the sweet cherry/almond smell was toned down and had become the background to a rose and floral bouquet. It's a very nice fragrance for warm weather, and although it starts out with more sweetness, it's not too heavy or cloying. I love the smell of almond marzipan, I could easily fall in love.

sail0rmars
sail0rmars

It reminds me of Amaretto, very nice! I've never smelled something like this before. Delicious!

lilalina
lilalina

Amazingly sweet, starts with alot of sugar and fruits. Drydown is more soft, powdered almonds, powdered sugar.. Extremely sweet.. But very elegantly.

Calygow
Calygow

Il ne partage avec Rahät Loukoum, que l'amande, dans son traitement elle y est tout de même bien différente.

Louve, c'est une amande douce, enrobée de sucre, une dragée pastel entourée de fruits sucrés hybrides et d'une facette rosée, discrète. Un musc cosmétique entre crème et talc pour bébé soutient le tout, avec quelques pointes vanillées.

C'est un parfum très mignon, par moment l'amande prend des facettes amères, grinçantes qui font plus adultes.

Tenue moyenne et sillage très confidentiel, poudré, cosmétique.

Beaucoup plus cosmétique et enfantin que Rahät Loukoum, moins poudré, moins épais également...

iolanda hannah
iolanda hannah

For me, Louve is a very comforting winter fragrance. It's mild, but complex. I smell mainly almonds/marzipan, but also cherry, vanilla, honey, turkish sweets, spices and amber.

I do smell some spicy-sweet cherry candy note in the beginning, with a hint of rose, soon followed by the almond-marzipan-turkish delight scent.The cherry note quickly disappears (or comes up only occasionally?). It's quite sweet but not too sugary sweet (like Rahat Loukoum), and a rather warm and creamy than cold and sharp scent (but not as warm and creamy as Dries van Noten, for example).
It's a delicious fragrance reminding me of a pastry shop I visited in Krakow.
It was my very first Serge Lutens fragrance and introduced me to the line.

Cassiopée
Cassiopée

This is just exquisite. This perfume is a life companion. Either you have chemistry with it or you don't. If you do, you develop a complicity and an intimacy with it. It comforts you and feeds your soul. It is one of a kind, totally unique.
Its name is also so perfectly chosen. You have to be a raw, genuine and loving family/community woman to wear it to the standard it deserves.

dsty
dsty

To me Louve is definitely a gourmand: it's pure cherry marzipan, quite syrupy and so sweet that it borders on sickly (without quite getting there, luckily). As time goes on it becomes dryer and softer, the syrupy quality calms down a bit, but on my skin the core scent remains the same, and very edible, all the way through. It takes some getting used to, the almost medicinal sweetness may seem a bit too much at first, and I can easily imagine it being nauseating in hot weather, but after some wearings on colder days I like it very much.

It's the most straightforward Lutens I've tried so far, but who needs layers of depths and distinct phases when the original smell is so nice and comforting? "Comforting" is a word that I've used to describe every Lutens that I've reviewed, but it's true, and this one is no different: a comfort blanket in a bottle, to wrap around you all day when you need it, without being at all childlike for all that. Another one to add to the "perfect for fall, winter and general emotional support" pile!

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

Oh, I can't believe I never put down my two cents on this fragrance. I own it, I love it. And Germany sums up my thoughts precisely. I love gourmand fragrances. This one sits right up there at the top of them! Do try if you can, you won't be disappointed.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

uhhh hmm, i don't seem to get what everyone else is getting. i don't get what i perceive of as almonds at all. i get SWEEEEET fruits and baby powder. that's pretty much it. too much sweet for me.

kayley123
kayley123

To like this, you need to like almonds and rose.
For me, the top was a nice sweet almond, but unfortunately the rose in the drydown was too strong for me.

butfly23
butfly23

I love this. Beautiful almond & vanilla.

Germany
Germany

Beautiful almond scent. And lots of candied Cherries , I love this smell ,its quite addictive. Like marzipan and amaretto cocktail cherry smell. Oh so good!!! I will always need a bottle of this around. Great for cold winter days.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I wanted to like Louve because I do love the smell of almonds, but all I get from Louve is almond extract, almond extract and more almond extract. Finally a more powdery, musky scent emerges but all is still dominated by that almond extract scent. I don't dislike the smell, I just don't want to spend over $100 on a perfume when I can rub some McCormick's extract from the grocers on my arm for the same effect. I'll give this one a few more tries (it's had 3 already) and see what happens. I may enjoy it more now that the weather is cooler.

shivers33
shivers33

I wanted to like Louve! Maybe I did! I don't remember! I remember, I bought it, after sampling many other fragrances in a beautiful store in Cologne, Germany.
Sweet almonds and vanilla, sweet almonds and fruits, sweet almonds and resin....yes, maybe jasmine, and again almonds!
I would like to swap for the right fragrance. My bottle is almost full. I am willing to swap even for a half bottle of any fragrance on my wish list or any good amber, rose or vanilla fragrance.

paranoidandroid
paranoidandroid

The delicate, milky smell and oddly silky smooth texture of freshly blanched almonds. Huge white musk. Hint of rose. Cherry ice-cream. Like the non-Garcia part of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia. A whole pint of it.

As it develops, the frozen intense cherry syrup seems to swirl into the milky frozen sweetness of musk - colouring the whole thing in swirls of deep purple-pink, finally disappearing to leave behind a trace of vanilla and musk that has changed from fresh laundry to the smell of the t-shirt you wore last night to bed after a shower.

Intense beyond words. Stomach churning if over applied. On bad days - can be like drowning from the flow of milk from a breast that won't stop. Death by smothering/overwhelming kindness.

On the right days, on dry skin, in cool weather, when not covered up by too much clothing and allowed to dry out in the open, a kind, honest & charmingly sweet sort of smell.

Not for everyone. Not for everyday. Oddly vicious. Like that sweet puppy you rescued from the pound that is really needy for love- but if you get too close too quickly, she will give you a nasty bite - because somewhere in her head, there is still a dark dark place she goes to when she is scared. Don't scare her. And she won't scare you.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

love it, and I only faintly detect cherry, Like the way an ice cream sunday has a cherry on top, would be a accurate description of how much the cherry plays a role. (sort of like in Lolita lempicka's lefondu)

I always like to get opinions on perfume from people that know little to nothing about perfume. Simply because their opinions seem to be the most genuine.

The reactions I received were "powder" and were powdered sugar, and the other was "powdery almonds", no one mentioned fruit or cherry at all.

This is all about almonds and definently jasmine. In fact I feel that the almond and jasmine are equal amounts.

The longevity is excellent on me, I'm a little disappointed that the drydown becomes more a vanilaic jasmine than anything. Not that I don't love jasmine, it's just not exactly what I was hoping for in this particular parfum. But it's a small price to pay for such a gorgeous scent

Carnation
Carnation

I really can relate to other reviewers when they describe a cherry cough syrup note. I agree.
Louve opens with a pleasant cherry almond top note,but then the almond takes an intermission while the aforementioned accord takes over. 5 minutes later a very strong rose washes over the mix and it's inclusion is tolerated,if a little overbearing,like a stranger barging in on a conversation. It is soon replaced once again by the cough syrup vibe with a powdery overlay and that is where it stubbornly stays. This is not the Jergens Original lotion scent copy I have been searching for (hardly) and really should have been done so much better. Maybe leaving out the benzoin would have helped? The only strong point is it's durable longevity,which considering the composition's effect,is not such a good thing.

kabelaced
kabelaced

The juice itself smells like cherry-almond. Very good, exactly what I wanted. But on my skin?

A very soft powder! Darn it. I want to say Rahät Loukhoum has a better on-the-skin scent and even lasting power than this perfume, which did not even make it past two hours before completely fading from my skin. Disappointing that I keep finding these almond fragrances that turn to powder on my skin, but I'm not giving up the search!

aiobhan
aiobhan

It smells like almonds and cherry cough syrup upon initial spray. It quieted down to a sour cherry smell, but it made me smell like cherry candy. :( I had such high hopes for this scent, but the warm almond, amber notes disappeared completely.

nastyamason
nastyamason

Tried wax sample from SL pack. Initial impression: interesting, smells like marzipan or Amaretto. Then it made me sick. The smell was chemical, toxic, cyanide-like, simply nauseating. I am so thrilled I did not purchase it blind (so far all my SL purchases were blind, based on the reviews). Definite NO for me.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

My first Serge Lutens . . . I wanted a DiSaronno Amaretto fragrance and many here highly recommended Louve. . . . NOT!!!

My skin usually keeps the warm cozy notes in perfume but with Louve my skin reacted the same as LuLuSaint describes. It opened with much promise . . . had it continued to warm up I probably would have eaten my arm . . . but instead all I got was fruit . . . rather cough syrupy as others have said . . then it went tart and uriny-like (my skin and roses). . . not really warm or almond or vanilla or boozy at all . . . The rose really ruin this for me. The worst part was when my son hugged me at the end of the day (7+ hours)and said "your perfume smells like a baby diaper" . . . so it really lasts but eau de babe' pee is not what I was looking for and a disappointing foray into Lutens . . .

DomizianoA
DomizianoA

Louve is something i just love to wear before a true long and passionate lady I want not only to seduce and sleep with, but, also to confuse with sweetness and then bewitch with the ardor i carry and that only Louve can so profoundly enhance!
A delight of the senses, as they call me, once..

raw umber
raw umber

Louve by Serge Lutens opens with some astringent alcohol, a bright and lovely almond/marzipan note, which almost immediately becomes complicated by an artificial cherry cough medicine note, (reminding me a little of the medicinal cherry in Guerlain's La Petite Robe Noir), with the powder and the florals close behind. A few sparks of promising color are enveloped by a lavender-grey haze.

As Louve develops on my skin and becomes largely a powdery floral, the almonds calm down, but the cherry medicinal quality persists. Louve then warms up with a humming amber-vanilla, a familiar element which seems to be present in many Lutens compositions.

The dry down loses the medicinal aspect and the color of the florals fade away. Louve ends in a warm but slightly bitter, powdery musk. Longevity and sillage are average.

Louve is an expensive woman with strictly expensive taste, who always wears furs, attends the opera whenever she wants, and always seems unhappy.

When you meet her you think, "Why!? Isn't every day like Christmas for this person? She must be bored with herself or something. Maybe she thought having wonderful things would make her interesting and was disappointed when they didn't change her one bit... Or maybe... she's just lonely."

LuluSaintly
LuluSaintly

Disappointed in this one. After a fabulous opening note of bitter almond, just like cake flavouring, it quickly morphed on my skin into a sickly cherry cordial that lasted for hours and hours. The far drydown was a relief, but those cherry heart notes are way too much for me (and I speak as someone who owns a cherry orchard!). Not often I dislike a Lutens, but this is one of his worst. If only they could have kept that top note going and really done something with it with sandalwood, pepper, patchouli, vanilla..., it would have been wonderful for this marzipan addict.

chuaalba
chuaalba

very very soft;long lasting,all ninght in skin.Almond,musk,amber fragance.I fall in love whith it!!!
Thnks!!!!!Lutens!!!

Kchild
Kchild

Usually Uncle Serge is noted for the extremes that he brings to perfume, but with Louve, he created something delicate, feminine, and soft. Which is why Louve disappoints some of his followers ironically.

I think Louve is beautiful. It's an incredibly well done almond, cherry, powder delight. Louve is not a true loukhoum perfume, but it holds a definite scent memory of this dessert. It's almost as if they are close relatives.

Louve starts off with a very pronounced cherry note on my skin. I'm usually not a big fan, but here it charms me. It doesn't actually last that long which helps, and then it goes into that musky almond powder that I'm a sucker for! I can definately feel the powder from the amber and musk, and the flowers lift the scent without making it their own. The vanilla is quite obvious but it doesn't overtake the perfume.

I can see the reference to Amaretto in earlier reviews. It has that edge but without the alcoholic snap which is nice. This is incredibly well blended and It's perfect for fall through spring if you are in an area with mild springs. I can't see this doing well in the heat of summer.....but 3 out of 4 seasons is respectable for any perfume!

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

For once, I would have to say this scent is more suitable for evening or night wear, fall or winter (although I am wearing it currently in daytime with full on tropical heat albeit in an airconditioned office). When first sprayed on, it has a very resinous and balmy attitude, the almonds intially are very bitter. Subsequently, it drys down to creamy, more sweet though still burnt almonds but I don't find this too much of a gourmand, definitely not along the lines of KM's Loukhoum. It stays in the bittersweet range for it's lifetime on me. It has a melancholic air and makes me feel pensive but not depressed. That's why I said I would mark this as a night/winter fragrance-the way it makes me feel. It's beautiful in any case although I can imagine it's opening would put off many and my description of it being dark would put off even more who are looking for a candy-gourmand scent. I would purchase this again and again. It makes me think of Ophelia. I would wear this walking alone by the Seine or the river Thames or anywhere in atumnal Europe, with chestnut leaves floating by me in Hyde Park or St Stephen's Green, where the air is cold and brisk. Where I feel most at peace.

srimati
srimati

Just got my SL sampler pack and Louve definitely opens up gourmand almond but the dry down reveals more of the florals and base notes and I, for one am glad. There are just so many sweet scents out there now. Besides Fleurs de Citronnier, I think I like these the best so far, although I have not tried his Arabian orientals. That will be my next move. But so far I like his style!

OK, a couple of hours later - the almond is alot drier and the whole juice turned into something else, calling me back to revisit it's nectar again and again. Definitely liking it more.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Something about Louve reminds me of Galerie Lafayette in Paris, and I can't figure out why.

It has the same powdery almond thing going for it as a slough of loukhoum-type perfumes, but Louve is different. The "fruity" note smells like cherries to me. I can't smell any flowers. Out of all the perfumes I own, including various CHANELs, this is the only one that takes me right back to Paris.

When Louve dries down, it smells like honey nougat with nuts and just a bit of dried cherry. It's very gourmand.

My brother "borrowed" this from me. It smells amazing on him! I might never get it back. Guys should try this one!

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Opening smells just like sweet sticky marzipan. Then almonds just pour out, like wedding favours, delightful and sweet, but in their restrained way. This is very powdery and dreamy as it dries down, with an edge of resins present keeping it from being particularly gourmand. This is by far the best almond scent I've tried so lovers of that note are in for a treat with this one. It has a gauzy, light feeling to it despite its persistence which makes it an excellent daily scent, but better enjoyed on a cool day I think. Quite lovely.

9-na
9-na

My first love when I'm talking Serge Lutens and the first niche scent I've tried. The almond, oh, the almond! What is probably the most precious thing about this scent for me? A memory of wormwood. My Granny's garden wormwood. And there's sweetness of vanilla that I can not only stand, but enjoy. Which is saying a lot because once I experienced a rather unfortunate amount of vanilin with sugar when I was a student and... let's just put it this way: I haven't been a fan of the sweet kind of vanilla ever since, but Louve is my love story.

Enchanting, mysterious and intoxicating fragrance!

Most of all I feel the almond note in it mixed with the tender floral notes and the sweet vanilla note on the warm amber base.

This fragrance brings me associations with an almond liquor beautified with the lovely floral petals. It reminds Amaretto a lot smelling almonds and apricot stones.

And I really like how it's called. Smelling this fragrance, my imagination draws a wolf standing on the mountain top at night and earning on the moon. Impressive!

It smells intensive, deep and natural. And it's really complex. The lasting power is very good and the sillage is very intriguing, by the way:)

I really like Louve a lot. It's my favorite by Serge Lutens, despite sometimes it seems to me sickly sweet.

spumyland
spumyland

inizio alcolico come sempre..stavolta amaretto di Saronno..
oltre alla mandorla ci sento soprattutto la rosa.
molto buona la persistenza.
piu' lupa che lupo.

vdxl
vdxl

A lovely bitter almond, that is fresher and more floral than Rahat Loukhom- now moved into the exclusive line. It does smell a little common in Paris, but it still has substance and it should be worn in not so cold weather. It does refresh your skin, but it never looses the sweet tooth...

Is Louve hungry for a skin to wear it?

This one it works as unisex, also.

RobbieX
RobbieX

I love an almond note which is why I love Givenchy's Pi. Would like to smell this one.

fanny
fanny

Louve (she-wolf) is a gorgeous name for a perfume; unfortunately too much almond simply doesn't work for me.

I love almond in other scents: in Le Baiser du Dragon and Jasmin Noir, for example, it functions like a necessary co-worker.
In Louve, to me, almond is the only distinctive note together with vanilla, which makes it too too sweet.

Too bad, I was set on loving "Louve".

Serge Lutens LOUVE is a loukhoum perfume in the spirit of the Keiko Mecheri LOUKHOUM triplet and Montale SWEET ORIENTAL DREAM. Apparently le Grand Serge has his own officially labeled LOUKHOUM perfume launched about a decade before this one (in 1998), but I have not had a chance to try that one and do not know whether it is still in production.

LOUVE falls somewhere in the mid-range of sweetness as far as these perfumes go. They all have a significant almond component which can easily evoke memories of marzipan. I also find a cherry facet. But what links loukhoum perfumes above all in my olfactory memory bank is the scrumptious alkaloid facet, described by zoka (below) as "almost medicinal". Yes, he's right! It's an acquired taste. You either like it, or you don't. I do, I do, I do!!!!

Fizzy
Fizzy

Smells exactly like marzipan. Mouthwatering.

Amarylis
Amarylis

Louve (She-wolf) is a soft white almond scent with notes of almond, rose petals, jasmine petals, musk and vanilla powder.
Almond creamy brandy.

Arrogant_Cat
Arrogant_Cat

I was hoping to find a gourmandish almond scent when testing Louve. The opening is very promising indeed : marzipan - bitter almond, not sweet but still something delicious and playful. However it soon transforms into a very resinous amber - almond - vanilla mix and even becomes a bit soapy. Almond remains very prominent but that resin in the background is just enough to keep the scent away from being gourmand. Not bad but way too much resin therefore I will pass this one.
Longevity is good, sillage is medium.

To me Louve is one of the most easygoing scents out of the whole Serge Lutens line but Un Bois Vanille remains my favourite, I find the others to be a bit too serious and complex.

la louve
la louve

I JUST LOUVE IT! <3

Aqua218
Aqua218

I just received my "Beginner's Guide to Oriental Vanilla Fragrances Sampler Pack" from The Perfumed Court and the first sample I'm wearing is Louve. I remember that someone compared it to an Amaretto Sour - I couldn't agree more! That was my signature drink in my mid 20s and it definitely transports me back to my clubbing days lol.

I've been wearing it for a few hours now and at first I really liked the powdery-cherry-almond-with-hint-of-rose smell, but now it seems to have dried down to a sweet-citrusy smell that reminds me of bug repellant or bathroom air freshner. My co-worker sitting next to me described it as cheap soap. Wish it retained more of the strong marzipan quality on me. **sigh**

Miss.Dior Cherie
Miss.Dior Cherie

It is one of the mysteries of perfumery not understand why the kernel suddenly smells like a cherry candy.
In a Nutshell Smells Like These Shoulders Of Heart and I Love This ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ I love The comprere soon will be my first niche fragrance ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

In my view this is a very strong scent. When I sprayed it, it initially smelled strongly like marzipan. I liked that. But then it had a horrible "sweet and sticky" drydown on me and it could not remind me of marzipan anymore. Unfortunately I did not like any SL scent so far.

LaPetite
LaPetite

This is not a negative review, or mocking one but here's what i feel :
It just smells like the "Cléopâtre" glue ! (anyone who was at school in the 80's/90's in France will know what i'm talking about)
So for the non French , i'm explaining : This glue is almond flavored , so that's the reason why Louve makes me think of it . If i had discovered Louve before the glue i would have found that the glue is "Louve" flavoured, i guess .
Thus i wouldn't wear something which smells like the glue i used when i was a little girl , even if i loved the smell of it.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

OMG !!! WOW !
Now I have found a new heaven ^j^
I have read several reviews from Serge Lutens different perfumes. I got samples today and I think I love these all I have experienced now. There are many still left to experience from this house and definitely I will try them all ;)
LOUVE is very soft and close to my skin. Still it have its depth (what I love) mmmmmm . This Tender scent suits for sensitive people, imho.

cmmarti3
cmmarti3

I recently suffered a bad fall and hurt myself; soon thereafter I decided that a bottle of Serge Lutens Louve might help speed my recovery. How did I know how it would make me feel? I can't say. And thus my first encounter with this masterpiece began.

My very first thought after my first whiff was, "this is what a caring person should smell like". Not in a medicinal way, but simply as a state of being. And then cherubs began dancing around in my head, Raphael's "Sistene Madonna" cherubs, on clouds of confection, playfully taunting each other while bouncing around on sugary pillows in the sky. And then almond biscotti and tea. London. And cherry almond Jergens, the kind my mother wore when I was little. Paris.

I began to realize, this scent is a masterpiece like no other. It's not simply gourmand, or almond, or cherry, or vanilla. It takes its wearer to a new state of being. It's not a place of discontent, nor is it a place of elation. It's simply a state of heightened emotion.

Recently on a trip to Madrid I viewed a Mark Rothko painting "Untitled" at the Thyssen Museum. I sat in front of it and stared for awhile. At first, I didn't see anything but a purple outline and green box. But after staring at it, watching it for awhile, I started to see that underneath the green box, things were happening. A storm was brewing. Tears were falling. A war was being waged. This masterpiece, that at first glance looks like a green box, began to evoke emotion in me. I could feel that I was going to cry.

Serge Lutens Louve is to perfume what "Untitled" by Mark Rothko is to art. At first, it may seem simple. Perhaps misunderstood. Compared to all the others. Cherry. Almonds. A little sugar. Maybe some rose. But it evolves into a deep, emotional piece of art. It simply makes me feel. I never wear fragrance to bed, but tonight for the first time, I will spray on some "Louve" before I go to sleep. It will certainly take me to a place of calm, peace and tranquility.

I never understood perfume as art until today. This piece of art in a bottle has redefined what perfume is to me. This is truly a masterpiece. And as with all works of art, you may understand it and you may not. But a masterpiece it remains.

Lady Love
Lady Love

In my country there is an icecream made of Vanilla and topped with toasted almonds. This fragrance smell exactly the same.

Not my favorite by Lutens, but is a very enjoyable and unique. Louve reminds me of Farnesiana, both are beautiful fragrances.

sofiii
sofiii

Louve starts really sweet and almond-y. It is a lovely literally really sweet start. If you like a gourmand perfume with some depth, Louve is the one to try, it is sweet but does not have the ‘la-la look over here I’m a sugary girly perfume’ kinda smell which most new released commercial perfumes have.

After several minutes, Louve gets a little bit softer, warmer, rich and velvet(I think I can smell silky rose scent here, like the type of rose from Paris spring editions), somehow I find it a bit pink, but not the type of fruity floral girly pink, but a more refined, Victorian lace floral dress kinda pink.

Later on, a peculiar tuberose-like scent comes in, it’s not loudly there at all, just a glimps of its essence there, which makes the rose+almond sweet velvet combo even more lovely.

The final dry down is of the type of clean inky musk which you can find in Lanvin Jeanne Lanvin and some other perfumes, personally I adore such clean musky dry down.

fpih
fpih

This smells so much like Amaretto in the beginning, that there is no point for people who don't like the smell of bitter almonds trying it. The smell of bitter almonds lasts and lasts for a long time while the initial sweetness is gradually replaced by a powdery scent. At this point the flowers (rose & jasmine) become more prominent, but are never on the front seat as the almonds are still there. After 4-5 hours the flowers and almonds both fade and all I'm left with, is a powdery scent that's sweet yet not cloying. Heady and sweet, I cannot imagine wearing it in spring or summer, but feels very comforting in winter. Not my favorite by Lutens, but if you like powdery scents, you have to give it a try at least.

Yamba1
Yamba1

The first blast of Louve is strong marzipan/cherry. Its very gourmand, but unlike many of the reviewers that mention baking, this association for me is far stranger. My late father was a dentist and on holidays I would assist him in the surgery. When taking dental impressions, he would mix powder and water that would turn to a rubbery goop that would be applied to the patients teeth via a mouthguard until set. Louve took me back to those days instantly......The power of scent! As for a perfume to wear, the drydown improved but this is too clinical for me.
Thank you to my dear friend Scorpiosheep for this sample and the memory!.

adrienn99
adrienn99

oh my eyes popped out first, yummie cherrie bonbons. Yes, there is going to be a BUT. :(
I was expecting this so much to like it BUT.
It turned out to be a SOAP.

Italo Paz

Soooooooo damn good. I want it. Smells like cherry.

jasonx
jasonx

Finally give this one a try today. It does live up to the name "she-wolf" cuz under all the fruity and sweet smell I can detect a slight animalic tone which smell like the hair of a dog.

Interesting for sure but to me it's quite unwearable

Contessa01
Contessa01

I finally had the opportunity to sample a number of Serge fragrances, albeit all at once at the shop but as I never get to smell them unless I order a sample I couldnt resist a chance to try a whole bunch at once. Louve stood out from the bunch for its unusualness. It smells like almond biscuits that my grandma makes! But it is very fascinating and I toyed with the idea of buying a bottle but eventually decided against it because I am not quite sure it is a smell I want to have on me as a perfume. It really is just pure almond biscuits. It is quite brilliant and I am sure many would love it and I do like it for its uniqueness but not something I would wear, but kudos to Serge for not being afraid to make something a little different.

barbarella
barbarella

Wow, just put some on my hand and it smells just like baby.Probably because my skin chemistry.Like you "stick" your nouse in baby's neck and breathe in deeply :) ... you want just to cuddle.

guest_Barbarella
guest_Barbarella

mseidoom
mseidoom

I do agree about it being a VERY almond based scent. This has alot of staying power and smelled like a well made almond cake. It had a flowery feel for a moment, then that "plastic" note came in. It's the same note I got when I tried Flower by Kenzo in edp form. Well, I wish it had less almond and less...plastic!

celina
celina

It starts strong as a combination of black cherry liquor and old sherry. Not very sweet, neither too alcoholic. I rarely love gourmand fragrances, fortunately this one has something more than that, there is a sensual- velvety note: musk. I also love the resin touch. It is not much, just enough to save it from being another common almond scent.

Floral tones? I don’t really get them. I suspect they get lost between the almond tones and add more complexity to them.

Like it or not, this is not a common fragrance. As in many other Lutens, you can feel the creativity and the sophisticated nose that tried to bring individuality to his work.

The amber adds a gold-ish, liquor-ish feeling to the whole construction. It becomes stronger in the dry down and is very well balanced by the vanilla note. Sometimes I feel a soft powdery tone as well. I guess another face of the almond oil.

I am not sure I could wear it as it doesn’t work with my personality, however it is a “must experience” kind of fume.

Heavenly tempting.

8.0/10

PS The floral notes are more noticeable after 2 hours. They are still hard to define and feel more like a veil.

Kterhark
Kterhark

I sprtized this on my decollete and thought "Whoa! how did Mom's christmas cookies end up in my shirt???"

You know, the ones you cut with cookie cutters and then cover with thick frosting and little candies? I like these on a tray, just not on my person. Moving on...

Dry down gets better. Love the warm, resinous rose note that radiates out in concentric circles like slow moving molasses (yep, that sweet kick never goes anywhere)

This phase is along the lines of Caron's Pour une Femme, another warm, silky rose fragrance. But Une Femme pairs the rose with incense instead of amber and resins, whihch works better for me (as does the price, which is much less)

Like DoctorMod I was drawn to smelling my sweet self, and I don't really have any complaints about this other than i'm sure the persistant almond note would wear on me after a while. But try it if you can!

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

surprisingly, I loved this perfume, even though I tend to dislike many nutty scents including almonds. This one actually smells more like amaretto: it's sweet and intoxicating; great scent for winter, especially during holidays!

sky76sky
sky76sky

Ode to the almond! If you like ultra-sweet, honeyed marzipan & amaretto with a raw & smokey edge then you have to try Louve.

The first punch is amaretto - sweet, sharp, loud! Then the smokiness arrives, a touch of "Deep Heat" muscle rub, a dash of burning pine. For me this is the most interesting phase of the scent - here nature has tamed the marzipan monster & created a wild beauty, fearce & abstract...sweet, raw, edgey & unique.

Gradually softer aspects of almond come to the fore & tame this nasal assault, rounding off the corners, dusting you with baby-powder, fluffing up the pillows, settling you down for the more generic, gentle part of this perfume ride.

Sweet, soft rose & musk mingle to create a now milky, powdery almond...slightly bitter, toasted & tossed in burnt carmel...the medicinal note now tiptoeing in & out of the honeyed fog.

Overall, it reminds me of Kirsch & Amaretto liqueur shots.....thick, dark Manuka honey (that touch of tea tree).....bakewell tarts with cherryaid....swedish almond biscuits dusted with icing sugar & studded with boozy fruit & glace cherries.

Louve has a golden hue - an almond amber of the sweetest, boldest design that will make your mouth water & your senses feel drunk. For me the smokey, earthy part that held my interest near the start is far too fleeting to merit buying a whole bottle, but it is an enjoyable scent to road test for the few hours it holds to the skin.

To be worn by bold, cherry-lipped vixens who are dark & daring on the outside but soft as kittens on the inside. Very corruptable.

Solvita
Solvita

I could smell a lot of almonds at the beginning,about 5 minutes.Very tasty,bitter-sweet almonds.Then I could smell rose,jasmine,musk.Classic oriental floral.A little heavy for me.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

It reminds me a cherry (or another berry) in cognac or Amaretto as it was mentioned. May be because of almond.

Vanilla violin
Vanilla violin

Cheerful and sparkly sour cherry from beginning to end. I am trying to detect the almonds but they appear to be shy.
Bold,lovely and sweet fragrance. A real treat in the snowy winter day.

Mmmm... sooo good! This SL rocks! It smells almost just almond and nothing else but fortunately it is not the usual candy or marzipan over sweet typical scent. Not at all. It smells like fresh smashed almond, both sweet and bitter and in spite of sweetness is never cloying. There is a note I can't name that keeps everything fresh and floral. It is a gourmand scent in itself but a one I myself can wear while I can't stand gourmands in general.
That's because it smells more heliotropic in its evolution. It reminds me a lot of Piver Heliotrope Blanc taken to higher concentration and sophistication and it's also very similar to an aromatic water from L'Amande which is much cheaper and long lasting but not so refined of course. I would like to have a bottle or a decant of this.

Auguszta
Auguszta

The smell of cherry-flavoued marzipan. Almonds, cherries, hardly detectable roses and vanilla. It's extremely sweet and has a light medicinal quality. Sometimes it gets a tad soapy on my skin.
It reminds me of another Lutens scent, Rahaat Loukoum (which is not in the database), in fact I think of Louve as Rahaat Loukoum Light (which is funny, as there's nothing light about it on its own). Now that one is even sweeter, almost syrupy, but at the same time somehow darker and deeper (the magic of spices I guess) and even more potent. It has a lovely oriental feel to it that somehow justifies this exaggerated sweetness, and Louve lacks that. I clearly prefer RL.
No idea when to use either, though - perhaps during the festive winter season. Or would they be too much even then?

Amarilla
Amarilla

I love to wear this fragrance but only in winter. Far my favourite in the Lutens line (beside Five O'Clock au gingembre). Belive me I hate to smell edible but this is something different.
Powdery and sweet but not cloying.
One of the most potent fragrances I have ever had. 24+ hrs
Not for gourmand lovers only!

sam
sam

I louve Louve.
I love its coctail-cherry smell. After spraying it is really almond and cherry but very soon i detect the rose. For me it is definely the most wearable Lutens so far...

F_A
F_A

This fragrance really smells like Amaretto liqueur - sweet and strong almond-marzipan-cherry pits scent with some lingering alcohol notes. Very edible, very rich, very strong and very long-lasting. I guess it can potentially cause headache for many people.

Sara D.
Sara D.

Finally, my perfect heliotrope scent! :) (contains heliotropine, lovely)
Begins with sharp sweet cherry (from his Rahat Loukhoum) but it very, very quickly develops into a soft, powdery (but not cloying) sweet comfort scent. The almonds are sophisticated and pale, not a cooking extract. Evolves into a delicious gourmand floral white musk that is never sharp but very cuddly. A gorgeous skin scent. On my friend's skin this is too sweet, and it is overwhelming on the very young ladies, but if you can tame it, oh my. I'd dab, not spray, as it *is* concentrated. The vanillin in this is blended very well with the almond and musk. The white jasmine and rose are both perfectly balanced and give a lovely powdery quality, adding to the skin-scent-comfort effect, which is not easily dismissed, and the sweetness never leaves, which remains a snowy fairy erotic perfume in a bottle. Love the Louve! And on the right woman, this is a siren's lure.

Edible almonds and vanilla with loads of sugar. Despite myself I like this one, but it's certainly not perfume and it's certainly not worth the price.
EDIT: I lie. It probably is worth the price at the right season. In summer it was way too sweet, but in winter it is a lovely comfort scent. My mistake.

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

Half woman, half biscuit, Louve is a marzipan werewolf!

Those who like the smell of bakewell tarts will love this. For me it's Headache in a Bottle.

chance25
chance25

This smells like a cherry almond biscotti dipped in warm milk. It's a very polite, sweet, powdery baby-like scent. Like freshly washed baby blankets. Not for me, but I adore it's innocent quality.

Malegria
Malegria

Cold, bitter almonds for a dangerous woman...A poisonous, cyanidic, magical scent on a hunt for it`s mistress.
Always reminds me the Rammstein video Du Reichst so gut :)

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I love almondy scents and this one did not disappoint. And it stays for hours! :) I always get so many compliments when I wear this. One of my favorites.

zoka
zoka

It's one of my favorite scents by Lutens. Remarkable, very strong and sharp almond at the beginning, with almost medicinal nuances and sweet animalistic at the end.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

Nothing but almonds; smells like a very sweet, heavy Amaretto, like Amaretto Di Saronno alcoholic drink. I didn't like this one because I don't like almonds nor do I like the smell of them. But if I did like almonds, I would say it's a very nicely done fragrance. Best for very cold days, too heavy and sweet for warm weather.