Designers » R S » Oriental Woody « Groups

Miel De Bois Serge Lutens for women and men

Miel De Bois Serge Lutens for women and men
dislike

honey
Miel De Bois Serge Lutens for women and men Pictures Miel De Bois Serge Lutens for women and men Pictures

Miel De Bois or 'wood honey' is sweet and warm woodsy fragrance. Raw, sweet and heavy white honey allied with dry wood is an unusual combination for women and men seeking for novelties. The top notes are dry wood that breaks and crashes in your hands: Guaiac and oak. Then there comes luscious, sweet and dense white honey. The base is composed of wax, animal notes, iris and hawthorn. The perfume creator was Christopher Sheldrake in 2005.

Honey iris Ebony Wood Guaiac Wood Oak Musk

Bois Lumière

Miel De Bois Fragrance Reviews

Mugler_Lover
Mugler_Lover

I would say that this is one of my favorite honey fragrances. The woody notes bring down the heavy sweetness and makes it more a powdery honey. LOVE IT!

Carestinus
Carestinus

Finally in Paris to check this great fragrance. I cannot say I was surprised as with other Lutens in terms of wow factor or original smell but it is so nice to see even linear fragrances with a recognizable single smell can be this true to the real smell and yet so mesmerizing. I definitely loved it and would recommend it to both men and women alike. It stayed for many hours on my skin and in my case I never found it strange or difficult to wear (as in cat pee or similar). I would even go as far as saying this is pretty safe for a Lutens and not as strong as I imagined it from the reviews (reformulation perhaps?). I would definitely love to have it in my regular rotation. It smells like honey and not much else, but gorgeously done. The bell jars are amazing, I still haven't found one I dislike...

Evenblondernow
Evenblondernow

Bought a brand new unopened bottle blind. A little fearful based on some reviews, but I figured resale value was pretty high. I opened it tody and in my usual fashion, sprayed with abandon! Oh, how my heart leapt!!! THIS is the fragrance I have been hunting for years and years. Gorgeous, soft honey. Real honey. Not perfumey honey. I can't express how very much I have been longing for this scent. Two years ago, I bought some honey handcream from L'Occitane. Loved it so much that I went back and bought ten tubes! I scour the internet frequently, looking for honey perfumes. Well, that search is over! I will actually buy a bell jar of this as well. I have never owned a cat, so I can't accurately speak to the cat-pee some people mention. On my very pale, very dry skin with a good 12-15 slrays on skin, hair and clothing, I get honey and powder as well as a gorgeous musk that makes it seem like my skin just smells this good. Like it has entered my pores rather than just sitting ON my skin. Miel de Bois has just become part of me, somehow! I only get faint hints of cedar in the very beginning. Now, 8 hours in, I smell just a soft honeyed powder. My son recoiled from it and my daughter smelled jasmine and something vegetal (she thought celery). I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks...I am completely smitten!!!

mysterious_scent
mysterious_scent

A freshly cut wooden bowl filled with honey. I discovered a secret by wearing Miel de Bois - on me, a little honey turns urine but a lot of honey stays honey.

cinzia.andrei
cinzia.andrei

adoro. mi ricorda i fiori del viburno selvatico

chjena
chjena

Wild, woody honey. Miel de Bois is not a commercial, simple sweet scent, but a bitter mix of forest aroma with natural honey. Perfect for the autumn and winter, elegant and demanding.

desdemona7
desdemona7

This is unbelievably beautiful! Individual body chemistry is everything here, so you either love or hate this. I personally LOVE, but at first spray it was a bit much. I received a small sample from Perfumed Court and grew to love this perfume. This dries down to the most luscious honey and wood that I've ever smelled. It's warm and comforting, projects well (two sprays are enough), and last for up to 8 hours. Definitely a grown up frag, not for little girls, or sweet vanilla lovers. I would also say this is more of a cold weather frag, and very much enjoyed by me during our Canadian winters. IMO the BEST of the Lutens line!

Thesheppardswife
Thesheppardswife

Nothing original to add to the previous reviews. I am squarely in the group of "not like".

This fragrance gets inside my nostrils and then hurts like crazy. When I can calm myself down, I pick up the strong scent of beeswax candles, incense and a whopping big smack of cat pee. So, not for me.

Alayna1011
Alayna1011

I love this fragrance. It is probably the best honey fragrance I've smelled lately-- to me it doesn't smell like beeswax or honeysuckle, but actual honey. It is light and fresh and delicious. I am so bummed that it has become hard to find :(

MorticiaX.
MorticiaX.

Smells like Perlier shower (before the company was sold and the formulation got changed)which is a good thing for me. It really smells like an Orthodox Church. Now, don't get me wrong. There's no incense to it but if you've visited a Greek Church when there's no mass it doesn't smell like incense either. I can't even detect any honey smell. It's just wax. Plain, pure church wax. I happen to like it and find it very relaxing. To be honest for me it's just an old, gothic, relaxing fragrance but then again I have this association of church and pure wax. Maybe for the rest of you guys it will be a lot different. I remember every time I showered with the Perlier gel my husband would say 'wow, it smells like a church in here'. I never thought so about Avignon though since the incense we use here is mostly rose incense and it smells a lot sweeter than the frankincense that is used for fragrances. I guess it all depends on where your memories come from. Overall I love it for 'aromatherapy' since it relaxes me but I find it very overpriced and unsophisticated. If such an expensive juice reminds you of a shower gel then it can't be a good thing.

checked
checked

it's sharp urine scent at all(( very very animalistic.

miniwidget
miniwidget

I am so happy to have this fragrance again. It is my favorite and I layer it with Demeter's Dirt. This is what I feel,these two odd fragrances combined tell the world who I am.

dezaval
dezaval

Sweet, feminine, fine, luxurius, warm fragrance.Ideal for winter afternoons, when going to meet friends and have a hot cup of herbal tea. Great for honey-lovers, as honey is very real and present here. Somehow, it gives the feeling of cleanliess and purity.

lavandallegra
lavandallegra

Amo il miele e, da appassionata di the come sono, lo uso sempre. Amo il suo profumo dolce e fiorito, che si espande appena apro il vasetto.. Amo la dolcezza che mi resta in bocca dopo che l'ho usato.. Amo l'aroma dei fiori d'acacia (io uso solo miele d'acacia) che in certe marche sento distintamene..
E quando indosso questo profumo del maestro Lutens, provo tutte le sensazioni che mi dà un buon miele..ma amplificate, rese più belle ancora.
Perchè Miel de Bois è una fragranza perfetta, secondo me. Intensamente fiorita, al punto che potrebbe quasi darti un senso di stordimento,ma non lo fa perchè non si arriva a questo eccesso.
Morbidamente dolce, ma senza alcun effetto stucchevole
Leggermente legnoso e corposo nel fondo, per avvolgerti come in un abbraccio consolatorio.
E' un profumo che mi fa sentire sexy, per il suo cuore di fiori narcotici. Ma, nello stesso tempo, mi fa anche sentire coccolata ed amata come una bambina alla mattina di Natale. Una sensazione stupenda.
Per me è un capolavoro.
Il migliore profumo al miele che io ho mai annusato ( e vi assicuro che ne ho annusati tanti).

megrim
megrim

I bought this blind, trusting in my love of wood, honey and Uncle Serge.

Miel De Bois opens with a blast of sharp, pale honey, oak and carroty iris. The iris-wood combo base will be familiar to anyone who's smelled much of the 'De Bois' line, especially Feminite du Bois.

The similarities however, end there. Miel De Bois projects like a beast from the get-go, unusual for a Serge Lutens. The only other Lutens I can think of that rivals this for sillage is perhaps Fleurs d'Oranger.

The honey is clear, sharp and bright. It plays out over a rich, woody base - not as dark as the ebony and guaic would suggest. The sillage cloud smells absolutely divine. Authentic honey, soft, dusty woods. An absolute pleasure to be surrounded with this olfactory aura. The drydown is fairly linear, with a hint of animalic, dirty musk picking up as time goes on, rendering the scent somewhat feral.

The only place this falls apart for me is with my nose pressed to my wrist. Because of the impressive projection, I become anosmic to it rather quickly. Pressing nose to wrist however reveals only a thin, shrill, carrot-explosion of iris - A note I've always found challenging. Over application also results in a bewildering cloud of carrot juice. Lesson learned with this strange beauty. Apply sparingly and in the right weather.

Longevity is damned near eternal. Sillage is firmly in the 'heavy' catagory and distorts horribly upon overdose. Unique, unisex and challenging. Enjoy responsibly.

colettemichelle
colettemichelle

Sorry, Serge and Mr. Sheldrake. I don't care for Miel de Bois. Unlike many reviewers, I don't get the urine odor. The opening honey note is actually rather pleasant. Somewhere in the heart notes, perhaps the wood, perhaps the iris, it comes apart for me. Or rather, it comes together so loud and strong that I cannot tolerate it. I wanted to love this one, as honey is a favorite note of mine, but while the honey is lovely, the heart ruins it for me. That said, it is a very competent and well-constructed scent that I can see many sniffers enjoying. If you are cozy with the woods and iris, this should be a wonderful scent journey for you!

framorena
framorena

A deep, warm, strong, honeysh-honey, flanked in a masterly way by woods, that support its beauty without shading, just susteining it in its better notes. An other blind buy for me, but when it's a Lutens', I learnt it really can't be considered a challenge, neither a risk; just a wonderful discovery.
I'm too fashinated now, when I'll find the right words I'll do a better review. Pardon.

SumoTigerCat
SumoTigerCat

Honey-do-list: Can you please not smell like cat pee too much? Check. Can you be a realistic (like straight from the jar or comb) honeyscent? Check. Will you have an underlying base of wood, discrete, yet haunting? Check. Will you stay with me a good while? Check. And finally, will I love sniffing my arms and decolletage and think of pretty, busy bees and flowers? Check, check, check!

Maybe this smells too vintage or animalic to some. I don't find it that way. On me, Miel de Bois is gorgeous, soothing and yet sexy. Buzz, buzz, buzz... Terrific scent!

Cochlea
Cochlea

Miel De Bois is a delightful honey wood scent, so warm, animalic and unique scent. I fell in love with it at first spray!

When I sniff the small decant, it smells like sweet baby powder.

The first spray is the strong blast of thick honey. After a short time on my skin, the honey slowly becomes a bit naughty with a wonderful animalic pee-like undertone to it. The wood notes comes through shortly after, it caused me to think of an isolated rustic log cabin way up in the Blue Ridge mountain of Virginia. There is smoke coming out of the chimney. The gaiac, ebony and oak notes are dark, dry, smoky and very heavy here. The honey is wonderful blending with the wood notes. The honey is also excessive, Very sweet, thick, raw, natural and sticky. The drydown is a softer version of honeyed wood with a touch of incense.
Review is based on a small decant, sillage was great and longevity was about 4 hours then became a skin scent. Try a sample of this first, it isn't a safe blind buy!

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

There are two really noteworthily interesting things about Miel de Bois: first, the dry down is lovely, and second, it doesn't actually smell like honey.

When I first put it on it was tempting to think it was a huge and slightly dusty honey bombshell. But the more I smelled it, the more I realized that while it definitely referred to honey, it seemed more like a space-age, post-apocalyptic reconstruction of what honey might once have smelled like, in a time when honey was long extinct, executed by some nose of the future.

We had apiaries on our land when I was growing up, and there's an artisianal honey movement where I live now. I love honey. Honeys cultivated from different flowers smell and taste radically different from one another, but I've never encountered one that smelled anything like this. It smelled too sweet, and had no depth, nothing animal or rich about it. I liked the woody note that came next, and as it dried down it became less overwhelmingly sweet and took on a white flower soapiness that was very nice. Finally it settled down and for the rest of its life smelled like nothing so much as a very pretty and realistic violet.

So it's really quite a good perfume, all in all...it just doesn't smell like honey.

pravda48
pravda48

Just received this in a swap and it's getting much love from me upon my first test run.

I put 2 sprays on my wrists and it was initially WAY too strong! Strongest. Lutens. Ever. Haha, my whole room really reeked of it for at least 2 hours.

Anyway the scent: Up front there was a heavy blast of honey & distinctly beeswax for sure, along with a definite almost dirty undertone of some deeper/spicier woods (guaiac mostly so far).

30mins in: it's getting spicier now as the ebony wood really comes forward. Mmm, I like it! Even the oak is distinctly noticeable. This is really a fun, heavy sweet-spicy scent. I like its character.

5.5hours: a skinscent now, I ask my male roommate to smell it. (He initially said my room stunk when it was super strong at the beginning, so I thought perhaps it was just overpowering him). His exact response?
"It smells like piss." So, that's a strong 'dislike' in his view. To me it now smells like a more powdered honey and more subdued woods. Still no iris or musk in sight to my nose. Again though, this was with 2 sprays only on my wrists and it took up a room for hours. I bet it'd last forever with double the application (if you could stand the opening!).

I can only hypothesize from his perception & reviews for Maison F. K.'s Pour le Soir scents that honey is perceived by some people's noses as human piss. How sad. I guess that's similar to how certain indoles excite other people while smelling like a urinal cake to me ;)

Sadly I'll have to mark this one a 'for myself only' perfume. But I'm cool with that. It's kind of amazing if honey smells like honey to you as it does to me!

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

I'm very choosy with the Serge line. Each one is most certainly a work of art, but many of them are completely unwearable for me. The only other one I own is Fille en Aiguilles, and it is simply divine. I happened upon a seller on ebay that wanted to get rid of their almost full bottle of Miel de Bois for a mere $120, so I had to snag it since it's discontinued.

I had never smelled it, so blind-buying it was a huge risk since the reviews are very polarized. But I'm a huge fan of honey and a huge fan of dark woods, so I figured I couldn't go wrong.

Dear lord this is strong. I love it. I'm absolutely floored with the massive power, and dark sweetness of this fragrance. It reminds me quite a bit of L'heure Bleue, because of the heavy sweetness… but Miel de Bois has a huge wooden presence that sets it apart, giving it a spice and strength so that the sweetness doesn't overpower.

There's a very rustic, antique sort of accord to it. Something about this makes me think of being in a VERY old house, something about the dry, wood notes. The honey makes it very warm and comforting, yet there's just enough mystery and darkness to keep things interesting.

Note-wise, I'm very pleased with the dominant honey/dark wood combination. I'm also thrilled that the iris doesn't get masked at all, because there's still a strong, upscale powdery scent that remains for the duration of the wear.

Quiet a masterpiece from SL, and I'm very excited that this is slightly wearable for me. Definitely apply this with an easy hand though, because NO ONE will want to be around you if you overspray this.

Odenir De Faria
Odenir De Faria

Miel de Bois could have this second tittle: danger bottled.

It is a very niche and very exquisite, refined fragrance. A fine sample of what high-end perfumery is. All materials are in high concentration, what makes sillage enormous and longevity, eternal. And that is why Miel de Bois has to be worn in a very light hand, otherwise it will smell annoying, disturbing and even dirty.

May I recommend the use of a spray. You can spray it in the air and then go inside the mist, or spray it on your skin from an arm length. Yes, Miel de Bois is expensive to be worn that way, but that was the only way I found to make it bearable, apart from the droplets - the best way to apply it.

Nowadays it is officially sold only in the 75ml bell jar at Les Salons du Palais Royal in Paris, or at his second boutique, for exclusive Palais Royal fragrances, in New York City. (I believe one might still find on-line the discontinued 50ml flacon).

The initial blast is honey and woods in a very loud chord. At that moment, I do not recommend one to keep sniffing it. Miel de Bois is a fragrance meant to be let alone, to work on its own pace. After about one hour or two it will be more peaceful and the discreet and elegant floral-musky chord will be noticed. And that is when its beauty really flourishes.

Miel de Bois is a true gem. But definitely and strictly for cool or cold weather and moderate wear.

janella13
janella13

woldovon
Contact The Perfume Shoppe in Scottsdale, AZ.
They may have it or could get it.

woldovon

i love this perfume, but it´s so hard to find it, do i really have to order it in paris? any tips? [email protected]

FeistyBourbonGirl
FeistyBourbonGirl

MdB is my signature perfume during the cold months. I just love it and my husband does too. Rarely do I wear something and have him ask, "What is that?" but every time I wear this, he does. It's just so warm, and layered, and woodsy with honey. Every time I wear it I smell something new. It's heavy so you don't need much, but I just love that after a while it smells like me. Like who I am <3

truffles
truffles

Eek, no.
I get the honey but I also feel like someone has spat all over me, this is a kind of an unpleasant and dirty smell to me and I had to scrub it off after a couple of hours.
Update: It's evening now and the Agent Provocateur I applied after scrubbing the Lutens has worn away. The disgusting smell of the Lutens is still there! Urgh!

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

MdB and I were fated to meet. I had this on my want list for almost a year with plans to get it on my next trip to Paris. However, on my last visit to a perfume shop with lovely SAs, one of them whipped out a full tester bottle of this and gave it to me for free as they no longer stock this, it being a Palais Royale exclusive. Words cannot express how stunned and lucky I felt in that moment cradling this precious juice in my hands. Until now, I can scarcely believe my luck.
Back to the juice. Where others get loads of honey, I get loads of woods and animals. On me, it gives off the same vibe as Jean Desprez's Bal de Versailles. Not that they smell alike, but both have that animalistic character that is unmistakable. I think an unflattering description would be "urine/faecal" but for me I enjoy the smell and actually find it seductive and warm. I do get the honey but I would not say this is a "honeyed" perfume like Tokyo Milk's Honey & The Moon. It sweetens the musky-woody mixture in MdB. I have much, much love for MdB and the serependitous circumstances as to how I came upon my bottle finally, will make me a lifetime customer of that particular shop.

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

I had try this and yes..
I like it .....
Slightly Woody..yes those Guaiac and EBONY Woods are quietly there
However its the GOBS of Thick White HONEY
that's surrounds you ....
it might be a bit too linear ...
however it settles into a nice powdery almost incense like ..scent ...
I'm sure that's the Iris making itself known ....
having said that ..
I think ..Botrytis by Ginestet is a much more interesting..HONEY scent ....
give it a try and compare....

*sophi*
*sophi*

Sweet honey and nectar of flowers ... fantastic fragrance! The best flavor with honey note that I have ever owned.It smells like natural royal jelly!
I am very happy that I finally found it.

patranne
patranne

Although I love many of SL's perfumes, Miel de Bois doesn't work on me at all - smells like sore-throat sweets. I have a trial phial (sorry), nearly full - I think it's a 5ml. If anyone in the UK is desperate to buy or try, I'd gladly let it go.

persefoni
persefoni

one of the most long lasting scents i've ever tried.. and it pairs wonderfully with Perlier's Miel body wash.. a great smell for cold, dark, dull winter days!!

edooardo
edooardo

Very Addictive.
So special. It is a masterpiece that lasts forever.
I have the full bottle (bought on February 2012 at Les Salons in Paris in person) and always use it to overlay with other scents.
This is not the honey used to put over waffles. It doesn´t smell neither vanilla nor caramel. It is a smell closer to the nectar of the flowers that the bees use.
It has HIGH CONCENTRATION, what means that if you spray more than once, you you get a distortion that can remember ammoniacal liquor , cat´s pee or even a very PLASTIC honey.
Longevity: 10
Projection: 7
Scent: 10
Sometimes when I go to work I apply only in one of my wrists and nowhere else. Whenever I want to travel to the scenario drawed by Miel de Bois, I smell my wrist and there it is, loyal to its owner.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Just a short note: this is a lovely honey woody scent that dries down to powder. I don't get any cat pee note in it, but I can see how the fact that it's quite bizarre can put some people off. It's dirty and has some sort of animalic sexiness. I wore it in church the other day, ( maybe not such a bright choice on my side ). Well, I felt people turning their heads when I was walking by... mind you, being my newest treasure, I also sprayed a lot!!! It surely has that little cloying feature that is caracteristic to Serge Lutens. I personally love it! Also I find the honey in it to be a little similar to Miel et Citron pailletes from L'occitane, minus the lemon of course. Lasting power is very nice, the silage is strange: one second is amazing, the other second it turns into a skin scent. It radiates warmth, definitely a winter scent.
I must admit that I don't find it beautiful, but raw, original and quite addictive, like a forbidden pleasure. Delighted to own it, and recommended to all poeple that like sweet woodies!

The house of Serge Lutens is beginning to grow on me with their quirky and strange fragrances. Miel de Bois is the one I like the most so far.

When I first applied Miel de Bois to my skin I got a strong, zesty burst of mandarin orange and honey. It almost smells like 'Butter Menthols', which are a popular brand of throat lozenges here in Australia.

Once settled on the skin, Miel de Bois takes on a soft woodsy accord, that when blended with the honey creates an interesting creaminess. The scent is soothing and warm, and dare I say, rather delicious. I am glad this fragrance agrees with my chemistry, as I'm not experiencing that so-called cat pee note that unlucky reviewers keep mentioning.

Although the honey note is indeed very dominant, musky iris and hawthorn feature quite well too. It's quite a heavenly scent, surprisingly light at times and bright enough for Spring and Summer wear, although I'd also douse myself in Miel de Bois during Winter as well.

The drydown is slightly incensey with smooth and dry woods further complimenting the honey, beeswax accord. I find this fragrance absolutely captivating from beginning to end.

The floral sweetness may be too much for some, and from what I've gathered from reading other reviews, it's a finicky scent when it comes to skin chemistry. I strongly advise against a blind purchase in this case. However, if Miel de Bois works for you, consider yourself lucky and snap up this fragrance while it is still available.

rosecat
rosecat

Just found out its been discontinued ... I am devastated!! its perfect honey, dark, beeswax unusual scent - perfect warm and cozy on my skin. Anyone selling theirs? or know where i can buy some more? please get it contact if so. ~ thank you!

Pamplelune
Pamplelune

This scent is all about having the right skin chemistry, and Miel de Bois liking you enough to expose its rich, glorious dripping honey note. It's pretty potent and powerful stuff, just a drop is needed. Blooms well in hot and humid weather. The woods aspect is acrid and dry - a lovely counterbalance to the rounded honey. Like sticking your head into a beehive, angry stinging bees and all. Love, love, love it.

icekat
icekat

Miel de Bois is a weird and quirky creature that I like a lot. It is surely not easy to wear in the beginning but I do love this bold and unique interpretation of the honey and beeswax notes. The picture that this scent is painting for me is of an old and dusty log cabin in the deep woods surrounded by beehives. The beehives are maintained by a hermit who prefers to be alone with the nature. The smell of fresh honey, beeswax and woods are mingled together with a scent of the earth, falling leaves and the nature. I can even picture hungry bears lurking in the shadows. This is not a cute and playful honey scent but it is a scent of a wild nature, unbridled and uncivilized.

The scent opens with a strong and pungent scent of woods. The ebony, guaiac and oak are indeed the wild nature in the bottle, quite powerful. The woods smell smoky, strong and a bit animalistic. This mixture is odd but it is definitely interesting. The scent becomes warmer and smoother as the honey notes appear. In the heart notes, the raw honey is mixed with a bit of a smoke, incense and woods. The scent continues to develop on my skin for hours. Finally, the beeswax notes become more prominent. The beeswax is raw and naturally smelling. The scent is warm and comforting at this stage. It is like coming to the wood cabin after a long day in the woods, starting the fireplace and then lighting the beeswax candles.

The scent has great sillage and longevity. Overall score is 8.5/10. I love the smell of honey and beeswax, so I am always trying new fragrances with those notes. Miel de Bois is definitely something that captured my imagination. This is not a fragrance that I would wear every day but it is something that I would like to keep when I am in the mood for it. For me it is not a full bottle worthy but I have ordered an 8ml decant for those occasions when I would like to experience the wilderness in the bottle.

lucyredshoes
lucyredshoes

I seem to sing a polar opposite tune to most. I tend to dislike most Lutens frangrances. I find them harsh. This is a major exception. It's one of my top signature scents. I think it's warm and embracing. I feel sexy when I wear this and comforting. Like a fuzzy sweater snug on all the right places. A bowl of icecream. A warm hand holding yours. A hug from your favorite cat. The honey is powdery and musky and smells like the way a fluff of unrefined cotton looks. A lukewarm bath in a placid lake an hour before dusk during Autumn with colored leaves from deciduous trees still crisp from having just dropped from the limb floating past on top of the water and brushing your shoulder. Love.

Louvenia
Louvenia

The only Lutens I don't like. The opening is so sharp and alcoholic that makes me sneeze. I can only smell honey and iris.Iris is very strong here,dry,harsh.The drydown is wood,honey and lots of iris.Don't expect this to be sweet,it isn't,it is warm,'black honey'' kind of scent. Lasting power is very good,sillage too.

Parfumista2010

MdB is a tricky fragrance. If it likes you then it is delicious honey with a twist. If it doesn´t (as happened to me) it smells rather urinous - an ultimate catpee experience. Maybe I sprayed on too much but I cannot wear a scent which only allows micro doses.
I will now sell my full bottle. It was an expensive mistake :-(

I like honey scents and was disappointed with this one. It's harsh and masculine and doesn't have much enjoyable honey.

dreamcatcher
dreamcatcher

This fragrance is like a nice warming relaxing bath, so good for long winter evenings together. But don't expect more...

soupygirl3
soupygirl3

Usually honey is a smell I detect right away, probably because when I smell honey from the jar I don't think it smells so good and my reaction is the same when it's in a perfume. Interestingly, I don't get any honey from Miel de Bois and only a faint hint of any woods. I am reminded though of the little pong I smelled when in grade school of some of my fellow classmates sucking on Cherry flavoured Now-and-Later candies that emitted a distinctive vomit oder. I'm also smelling old dusty caraway seeds on some bland cheese. In the end I just smell dry cherry dust.

Parfumista2010

Sweet delicious honey and lots of soothing milk - what a cocktail of happiness this is !
I trusted SL and Ch. Sheldrake to create something special out of these rather unusual ingredients. They did.
At first this honey-dipped delicacy smells a bit like beeswax and floor polish but that soon changes into a sweet and tempting cup of milk with honey, made with love and care.
MdB is the kind of scent that brings you back to more innocent childhood days, as was so beautifully narrated below in another review.
The scent also contains a slight woody note but barely noticeable, yet interesting as soon as it shows. On my skin the scent becomes gradually sweeter and milder in its drydown.
I was told it is not sold in my country anymore (but will still be available in the SL boutique in Paris or online) - which I very much regret. Luckily I could get my hands on the last bottle in a perfume store nearby :-) So hurry guys if you like unusual honey scents.

Milky honey and peppery wood. doesn't change at all on my skin, remaining simple and almost but not quite too sweet. It's an interesting blend and not offensive but it's just not good enough on me. Lutens has other much more complex scents that work better with my chemistry

pansylady
pansylady

This is a very unique scent that I can best describe shortly and sweetly as honeyed incense-

It will always remind me of my trip to the lovely country of Ireland-

A nice visual image for this scent is a milkmaid (a la Tess of the D'Urbervilles) from one of Thomas Hardy's novels- hair tousled, coming loose from her bonnet- smelling of sun, field, flowers, and a roll in the hay-

innocent and seductive at the same time-

Miel de Bois' sillage is good, and its longevity is average- not quite as good as SL's Fleurs d'Oranger, but definitely better than a lot of other niche scents-

In my opinion,it is a bit too warm and sweet to use as a signature scent or for regular use (especially in sultry weather!) but it could be a very nice change for special occasions, (it certainly was for mine!)- and it makes a strong statement whose voice will be heard amongst the many fruity florals and chocolate/vanilla gourmands of today-

If you love honeyed scents, definitely give it a try- I've heard it's going to be discontinued-

floriana
floriana

Unusual composition of honey and guaiac wood. On first smell too sweet, with light woody accords. Later, honey and guaiac wood start to "fight".
During "the fight", honey becomes like sweet sorbet, oak and guaiac wood give the bitternes.
After ours on the skin becomes powdery and very pleasant.

Vanilla violin
Vanilla violin

Miel de Bois smells like love. Let me tell you abou it.
This is the smell of my childhood. The authenticity of the honey note is stunning.It triggers a memory in a flash.
Honey from the comb and bee's wax, watching Grandfather harvest the the rich, fragrant liquid.
The scent shifts slightly and I feel rosin, the one I use for my bow, and then it transforms into the most aromatic wood ever. This is exactly what the wood of my violin smells like. My violin was a precious gift my grandfather gave to me when I was ten years old, and always listened to me with great delight.
Miel de Bois smells like love.
The love of a grandfather for his only grandchild.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Many years ago I lived in an old wood-frame house in a mid-Atlantic state. At some point we noticed that there was a dark, sticky substance dripping out of the inside of one of the window frames. On investigation, it turned out that a colony of honeybees had set up shop in the space between the walls, producing huge honeycombs filled and overflowing with honey. It was a kitchen window, so I suppose we could have set up a direct pipeline from the honeycombs and harvested the honey. However, everyone was too grossed out by the swarming insects to think about such practical matters.

This is the image that Miel de Bois inescapably conjures up for me - honey dripping out of old, dry, decaying wood, turning resinous and black in the process. MdB (the perfume) is strong! Much stronger than the honey/wood smell from the bee colony. Almost disconcertingly strong. It starts out with concentrated honey and concentrated wood, not really mingled, but operating on separate planes. The super-concentrated honey smell persists for the entire time, producing a somewhat linear progression. Somewhere in the middle there's a hint of the flowers that the honey was made from, so that you could imagine yourself as a bee circling over a dry meadow filled with clover and other bee-goodies, but it's subtle. In the end the whole thing dries down to a note that I detect in a lot of commercial perfumes that I can only describe as "turquoise". I don't particularly care for it.

I put the perfume on yesterday evening, and it was still going strong this morning. It's after noon now and it's still doing its thing, with clover honey over turquoise. I would say that it's good for at least 24 hours, so if you're looking for a long-lasting perfume, this is it.

Brielle87
Brielle87

Oh goodness do I enjoy this scent. It is warm, rich, animalic, with wonderful touches of sweetness and woods. A very unique scent, which does not work on evryone.

dacha
dacha

I so desperately wanted to like this s cent but the cat pee is just oo much for me, every nose is different.

Dixie
Dixie

This is a love or hate fragrance, I think. It smells so different from any other fragrance out there, but I love it! Some say they get the "cat pee" accord from it, which is what prompted me to try it. After all, who would wear that???
But I didn't get that at all. Just resinous honey and woods. Mmmmmm!

moongdss
moongdss

I have been paranoid for days wearing my new purchase... worrying one might smell of cat-pee is no fun! I can't smell that, and thankfully neither can anyone else (and I've asked them not to be polite if they can!)

I get a wonderful green-floral out of this frag... friend says she can smell the honey on me as well. I've not been attacked by bees, so it must be nice and subtle :)

Petula30
Petula30

Well, I got this one as a gift from my dear friend as he knows I love Serge Lutens..but it doesn´t work for me, I sniff and I love it, honey and iris,but my skin doesn´t agree.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Oh, other that from all perfum. It name says directly, true - in the bottle we have smell of wood honey. There is wild honey, bit bitter with aromatic note woood. This smell is as hot summer day, somewhere under forest, on great grassland full of flower, smelling honey. Over flowers flying clouds butterfly and bees. Calm and rattling of bee. Forest aroma too . There is a bit mint, too. Miel de Bois is thick, very sound, relaxing. It is not common-place beautiful. It is very natural, rich. Fascinating. Absolutely original and excentric. Topping.Nice. I like it very, very much.

Mrs.Honey
Mrs.Honey

Beautiful! I get the honey, the woods, and the bees. I don't get any of the "skank" (in the words of the Perfume Posse) or urinal notes (as per Luca Turin). This one begs to be tested on the skin. I have gone through two samples of this one already and I'm working on a third. I think its time for a full bottle.

crisgonc
crisgonc

I think Miel de Bois is a wonderful fragrance. There is a special feature of a pure honey essence. This olfactive sensation is like to be involved by an oriental and mysterious aura on all the body on egypthian and noble fabrics. The scent reminds me of balsamic honey produced by powerful bees that attract the nose for a fragrant tramp, bewitched and very sweet as to drink this honey.

PR
PR

I had to put this one aside immediately, civet or some animal odour's too pronounced for my liking.

coco76
coco76

oh my goodness, i don't think iris agrees with me! i have noticed that quite a few fragrances that have iris or orris root in them make me feel queasy, and this one certainly fits that bill. the iris became overwhelming after a few minutes and i was forced to try and scrub it off. i was shopping in Kensington market one day with my husband, and we went into a store to check out some vintage clothing...that exact same smell was filling the shop and although i am used to a lot of vendors using incense in their stores in kensington, i had to make a quick exit. i continued to feel nauseous and developed an 'aura' (for those who do not know, the beginning of a migraine)so we quickly left and headed home. i was out of commission the rest of the night. long story short, this perfume is a thumbs down for me, but i would think that if you liked iris you would appreciate the longevity and tenacity of this scent, i am having a hard time getting it off my arm.

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

I think this is the next SL I shall be buying. I received a sample and have been in love with it ever since. SL made a masterful combination of honey and wood.

jeca
jeca

Yes, it is very comforting, like a walk in the woods - white honey with white woods. I like to wear it in pair with floral by SL, I like to scent my hands with Miel de Bois.

2007
noor_jehan
noor_jehan

This is such a nice and beautiful fragrance. So comforting, warm and simply irresistable. I like it so much. But also, the bottle is so elegant and the outer box. Really special.

2007