Designers » R S » Floral « Groups

Nuit de Cellophane Serge Lutens for women

Nuit de Cellophane Serge Lutens for women
dislike

Nuit de Cellophane Serge Lutens for women Pictures Nuit de Cellophane Serge Lutens for women Pictures

Nuit de Cellophane, a perfume introduced in 2009, includes aromas of mandarin Chinese osmanthus and jasmine. This fragrance for women is available as 50 ml (1.7 oz) EDP and it will arrive on the market in March 2009.

Mandarin Orange Osmanthus Jasmine Green Notes Fruity Notes Carnation Lily Musk Almond Woody Notes Honey

Ever Bloom
Osmanthus Interdite
Reve Opulent

Nuit de Cellophane Fragrance Reviews

Come on people! Doesn't everyone enjoy the smell of cellophane?

medea_svenspoa
medea_svenspoa

It reminds me the scent of a conditioner for hair, strong, fruity, and creamy, a really good and pleasant conditioner, but still, is a Serge Lutens and it doesn't worth the price!

Cassiano
Cassiano

Nuit de Cellophane was released in 2009 and its name means, in English, "Night of Cellophane". Is another one of the few creations of the House that were created just for women. However, once again, this is a perfectly sharable perfume.
Serge Lutens defines its concept saying: "When beneath its cellophane, Haute Couture was but yet an idea…From the tight clusters of its petals bursts the scent of jasmine laced with mandarin orange".

Nuit de Cellophane has in its composition green notes, Mandarin orange zest, mandarin essential oil, jasmine Sambac, Osmanthus, carnation, lilies, musks, sandalwood, almonds and honey.

On the skin, results in a clean floral with daytime aspect. At first, it looks like a high quality shampoo, like those that perfume the long and well treated hair of the models in the TV commercials. There is a very nice cleaning aspect. As it develops, its fragrance becomes floral-fruity, with pleasant aroma of apricots and jasmine. For those who don't know, the osmanthus flower results in this nuance of apricots. Finally, in a simple and fast evolution, Nuit de Cellophane shows itself as a white floral bouquet, which is light and elegant at the same time. Don't expect a carnal bouquet with scent of tuberoses and jasmine, for instance.

The impression I have is that Serge tried to bottle the smell of well prepared bouquets wrapped by the transparent cellophane, which protects the flowers and retains their fragrances. The lasting is wonderful, even for a light fragrance. Remembering that light doesn't mean soft, right?

My only problem is with the name, since I do not interpret this scent like a nocturnal perfume. Maybe Jour de Cellophane would be the most appropriate choice, in my opinion.

Calvini
Calvini

I was hoping to smell osmanthus, but got a generic sweet foal bouquet instead.. Pleasant none the less

Cauda Pavonis
Cauda Pavonis

Light, flowery; aldehyde-y. Gave me a terrible headache! Which makes me sad because I enjoyed the scent. I just absolutely cannot wear this.

arya1900
arya1900

شروعش که با رایحه گل یاس هست خوبه
اما نیم ساعت بعدش خیلی فرق میکنه بوش و بوی کرم های پوست رو میگیره
یعنی بدون کمترین تفاوتی
سوال اینجاست وقتی یکی میتونه یه کرم بخره که پخش بوش هم قابل قبوله(!) با یه قیمت خیلی کمتر ،دیگه چرا این مبلغ نسبتاً زیاد رو خرج اینطور عطری کنه

Another SL I cannot love as I wish.
I love osmanthus flowers while on the plant. It must be a difficult job to reproduce in a perfume.
I can smell osmanthus here or something similar, but it gives me no emotion like the real thing. A soulless osmanthus, nice, feminine, sweet, springy (but it's an evergreen) yet not mesmerising like the true flower.
On top of this it was mixed with mandarine and fruits. I get the shampoo reference.

hedwiginberlin
hedwiginberlin

The list of notes sounds amazing and I wanted to love this. But to me it smells like shampoo.

HalfBaked
HalfBaked

A trip to the florist. Bunches of cheap flowers in fresh buckets. Although the flowers are cheap and commonplace, the scent is no less worthy than other more expensive blooms. Bright carnations, crysanthemums, lilies ready to cheer up someone's day.

The florist looks up and a warm smile is on her face; she wants you to have a happy sunny day.She's peeling a juicy sweet mandarin orange. Then she winks at you...

Intrigued, you walk to the back of the shop. It is greener and warmer here, and there is a door at the back of the shop that you hadn't noticed at first. It leads out to a secret sunny courtyard. Osmanthus flowers are blooming, jasmine is climbing the walls and bees are buzzing...

lilalina
lilalina

Very soapy and old-fashioned floral scent. Generic, nothing special.

Thesheppardswife
Thesheppardswife

Not for me.
Strange how things go as I really, really liked it on the blotter strip. Sniffing straight from the little tester - also lovely. Once it hit my skin some sort of fruity, soapy cocktail happens, and not in a good way.
It smells familiar, I can't quite get what, maybe the shampoo I just finished? Won't be purchasing that brand again due to its fragrance.

Albee
Albee

The nice bottle is what makes me purchase this, but I never try it before I purchase.
Not a fan of it because of the strong jasmine scent.
Very Long lasting. It last on my skin for 4-6 hours.

Miss Precious Orchid
Miss Precious Orchid

Febreeze fresh anyone? This was my first impression and i'm not persuaded otherwise.

aromatique
aromatique

I only added this to my fragrance wardrobe recently. I'd heard great things about Serge Lutens and was curious to try at least one. There are a number I like, but this one stands out to me in a weird way.

It's unusual because it doesn't smell like anything else I've tried. I think that might be because the osmanthus balances out the floral and fruity notes...I don't get a hit of any one thing, just a pleasant scent. It smells 'bright' but warm at the same time.

Moderately long lasting, and seems to work on me summer and winter. In fact, it's the only scent I own that isn't really heavy that I use in the colder months.

Works day and night on me.

Serge Lutens fragrances are definitely worth trying; I'd say there's probably one to suit most people.

Julie Billi
Julie Billi

Just received a sample from e bay....Sweet flowers....not bad, but not to die for....Does not last long....

talnyc
talnyc

i love, love, love this scent. I love the osmanthus. It is a floral, but not strong. The Osmanthus really tames it down. It is sexy, but not heavy at all. Lovely all year round. I think this scent makes an excellent mixer. I use this with Bal D'Afrique and WOW! It takes it to another level. I mix this with La tulip and again, I have another WOW scent. I mix this with Amber oil and again...I get the, "what are you wearing".

The jasmine is there, but the osmanthus balances it out.

Lana148
Lana148

Truly feminine, mix of white floral & fruits. At the dry-down gets to be more dusty floral but very pleasant. This one is more happy & fun from SL.

Daniela_Beatriz
Daniela_Beatriz

To me it seems a floral bomb. I didn't think is fresh or subtle at all. Very suitable for nights, and not the hottest ones. Very pleasant, but one might have to tread carefully because it can get overwhelming.

MLK
MLK

This is nice and fresh, however every time I spray it on, it just reminds me of hairspray. It's nice but not worth the price. It's not the SL fragrance that I reach for.

keiserkarel
keiserkarel

A midsummer night's dream! Delicious sweet aroma of living flowers. So soft and incredibly delicate. This is a simple floral fragrance, but has highly expensive taste.

guillermostf
guillermostf

Nice. No white flowers to my nose. I think white flowers are jasmin, gardenia, to mention some of the more used in perfumery, but this one doesn't smell like white flowers, instead i smell very colorfull flowers, like a big garden or flower store. By the way, not so special, but nice.

Mippymuppett's review below is spot on, although I thought it was curious that Sheldrake is not mentioned as the perfumer here even though I just assumed it was his creation.
It's true though even my favourite musicians/bands have made bad albums from time to time, if you have a such strong body of work it's hard to live up to that.
This is fruity, floral, and pleasantly feminine scent although I was expecting something that smelled like plastic which would've been super brave if not my cup of tea.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

If you want a cheaper alternative to this overpriced scent, shampoo your hair with Pantene, blow dry it and then shake it back and forth. It smells exactly like freshly shampooed hair....

Baffling :/

danceforjoy
danceforjoy

This is truly an exercise in subtlety. Yet it does not smell like anything else. It is peppery carnation, fresh green, osmanthus, a breath of jasmine, a drop of sweet honey, with a bit of lily dust and soft musk to hold together.

It is a quiet, delicate work of art, for the person who wants to keep her (or his) little secret, that they are wearing something special. Not for the person who wants to announce their presence before they have stepped into a room. I think that winter is not the best season; I think this is an ideal early March through end of April scent.

While it does not smell like Daim Blond, you can easily conclude, if you smell them one after the other, that they were developed by the same mind.

Most of all I feel in this fragrance osmanthus and mandarin notes. But not very successful. And the fragrance is not impressive. Unnoticeable enough, comparing with many other fragrances by this brand.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

Hmm...I think that unfortunately Mr. Sheldrake has set his bar so high that when he decides to design a very pretty and lovely scent people will tend to find themselves "underwhelmed". I think it would be unfortunate to dismiss a very wearable and lovely fruity floral just because it isn't unique enough. Is it earth shattering??? No. Is this going to blow your mind??? No.

With all of that said, NdC is very pretty right out of the bottle. The osmanthus and jasmine sparkle and are very beautifully blended. There is a sweetness to the scent without smelling like candy. On me this sat very close to the skin and I wish it projected a bit more. Still very lovely!!!!

christianne1
christianne1

A beautiful fragrance with a terrible name. This is a very "safe" floral. Flowers safely wrapped in cellophane. I don't care for a lot of mixed white florals as they can be overpowering to my nose (and can even make me sneeze) but this is beautifully done. I happen to love osmanthus, mandarine and musk...so this makes it an easy winner for me. The jasmine doesn't overpower as it often does in a lot of fragrances. Neither does the tuberose.This is a well blended softened floral. There is nothing especially thrilling about it but sometimes you just aren't aren't looking for a thrill in a fragrance. You simply just want something pretty. And with Nuit de Cellophane that is exactly what you get. A safe, pretty floral. I do not get the "night" part in the name though...this smells like a fresh daytime floral to me.

Nuit de Cellphone is probably not anything I would ever actually purchase as it smells too "mixed floral" for me personally...but I have sampled it several times and enjoyed it and can see where fans of white florals would be pleased with this. I just received a number of samples from Serge Lutens yesterday and decided to wear this one today because I couldn't quite remember what it smells like...and was reminded of what a lovely, simple, non-offensive fragrance it is. I can see where it may not make enough of a statement for some..but if you are simply looking for a nice, feminine floral, this is an excellent choice.

Shorokh
Shorokh

Well, I`m surprised to see so many disappointed people out here. Yes, this perfume doesn`t have the amber note, so what.
Recently I`ve realized that I wanted a white floral, light but long-lasting, sweet but not too much, pleasant but not common. I searched around many a niche perfumes corners, and found nothing to buy. Sure it was out of question to buy a mass market scent.
I came to the Lutens corner because I like to stay there, every time I discover something new to me: either a note, or a whole composition. All my Lutens were bought after a second or a third or even a fourth try, so I find it normal to come back again and to try again.
This time I tried the Nuit de Cellophane... OMG, how could I live without this fantastically well done Osmantus scent??? I`m an Osmantus lover, but never I heard this note so pronounced, so clean, tender, innocent but not simple, simple but far from being primitive... it`s hard to describe, it`s a little sweet, a little acid, you keep sniffing it, trying desperately to disclosure the secret: what is this evasive beauty... It smells like a prepubertal girl must smell... Innocent and vicious in the same time.
I love it. I`m looking forward to being delivered this from France! Lutens, I love you.

finanna
finanna

If you are looking for a fresh, long-lasting fragrance, this is the one! It used to have an interesting, faint cellophane note in the opening, but as I am not very good in finishing fresh fragrances, it got lost during the long storage.Otherwise NdC is linear after the first 30 minutes: jasmine lifted by osmanthus, greenness, fresh musks and a hint of citruses. Still, this is mainly a floral fragrance, the other notes are just complementing and lifting the flowers.

NdC has moderate projection and impressive lasting power (8+h on my perfume-eating skin). My review is based on 5ml mini. Lacks the strangeness aspect and not recommended for those Lutens lovers who prefer heady or oriental perfumes.

Floreat
Floreat

I love this fragrance. It's juicy fruits supported by heady white florals makes it truly swoon-worthy. The opening is brief and to die for, albeit a bit too short lived in my opinion. It dries down to a soft and clean soapy smell. Even though it doesn't project as much as I would like, I still adore it. I'll just re-apply as needed - if for no other reason than that completely brilliant opening!

Most Lutens scents I have tried dont work on me, they tend to stink to be honest, Bas de Soie smelled like dirty socks to me, others just didnt work...Nuits de Cellophane finally is a Lutens I find real nice, I have to admit the top notes are full of carnation, so at first I thought it smelled vintage, but the scent gets lighter, fresher and nicely floral in the base, and it smells great, like underated floral notes, demure, not sharp, just nicely mixed with fruits and musks, all in nuances,apricot, osmanthus blending in creating some sweetness, some tartness, nothing full bloom, hints and demi teintes, lovely..I like it!!

rubyhexagon
rubyhexagon

I have just purchased this after prying myself away from the gorgeous, warm gourmand scents also offered by Lutens. This is to celebrate the cold, reluctant spring arriving here in the UK. A soft, shy scent in the dry down that definitely deserves to be dabbed than sprayed. I think I have found a feminine, complex floral that suits me at last. A perfect antidote to a winter of Gaultier 2, Etro Heliotrope and Robert Piguet Visa.

As an avid perfume collector, having spent thousands on building a decent wardrobe, you would think that my boyfriend would enjoy at least one of them on me. The only scent that drives him wild is the scent of my hair after using TRESemme's Moisture Rich Shampoo, for less than $10 a bottle. For the last six months I've searched high and low for a perfume that smelt similar to my shampoo. I have finally found it in the form of Nuit de Cellophane by Serge Lutens.

Whenever I smell this fragrance, I am in the shower, with my long hair lathered in shampoo. It's a crisp fruity smell, with clean osmanthus, jasmine and almond oil to nourish the hair.

It reminds me a lot of the Salvatore Ferragamo Incanto line. Nuit de Cellophane doesn't smell niche or unique to me at all. It's not something that I would normally like, however I'm giving it a chance because I know that my boyfriend adores it. Ah, the things we do for love!

Unfortunately I'm more of a fan of Serge Lutens' heavier, spicier offerings. As much as I hate to say it, Nuit de Cellophane is a loud, sometimes offensive fruity floral to my nose, with a dominant, slightly watery osmanthus note. The composition is also fairly linear, which shocked me a little. I feel that Nuit de Cellophane is trying too hard to be mainstream.

Like most Serge Lutens, Nuit de Cellophane lasts on the skin and has strong projection. I would recommend this fragrance to anyone that enjoys clean, sparkling fruity florals, especially those that love the scent of freshly washed hair. Nuit de Cellophane is best suited to Spring and Summer.

tokamak110
tokamak110

The beginning is a bit too powdery, but the drydown, oh the drydown...it delights me, i can't stop sniffing it, very nice scent!

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Lovely osmanthus scent. Starts out delicate, with a hint of fruits and the osmanthus slowly takes over, giving this scent a buttery feeling. For a little while once I begin to smell the jasmine this smells like the shadow of A La Nuit.
This is very gentle. It's also quite a pretty scent and if you like osmanthus, this is a must try. However I was rather underwhelmed. Pleasant - yes. Pretty - yes. However these are the strongest feelings I can muster up about it. I'd be pleased with it as a gift, but wouldn't consider a bottle myself.

Zazou
Zazou

The first whiff left me enchanted... honeysuckle and white blossom. For a few minutes this scent resembled strongly the alas vanished vintage Chloé by Lagerfeld. To my disappointment NdC then developed into something soapy and completely uninteresting, reminding me faintly of "air freshener" (the stinky kind). Very boring, indeed.

chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

Starts out pretty strong but dries down to very sheer and light layers. The beginning isn't my favorite because its quite a blast of alcohol.

Not what I consider to be a typical super sweet fruity floral you get these days, but its one that has been done before. Thankfully its very well done as fitting of this house. But, for those looking for adventure, you won't find it here.

Very pretty and well made, scent does not project loudly (well its sheer after all) and longevity is about 5-6 hours.

Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

White flowers don't fit with my skin chemistry (especially not Jasmine) and I am not very into floral perfumes but this is a very alluring and outstanding perfume done by Serge Lutens. It lacks the spice note that nearly all his creations have but therefore the cellophane note is very well worked out in this one. To me this is the perfect fragrance for special moods when my taste says: I want diversity and something different from what I generally love.

cloyd42
cloyd42

A nicely done white floral but that's what it is--a nicely done white floral, nothing unusual and not one that will displace a classic. I presume the "cellophane" in the name (this is the same word in English in French) refers to the sheer layers rather than anything synthetic. It does have a nice layered effect with the jasmine and osmanthus. My reaction to this is meh--SL is far more interesting when he tries outrageous or odd.

Projection: decent 1-2 ft
Duration: good, several hours
Fabulosity: white bread and butter
Value to price ratio: meh

leeyah87
leeyah87

A nice, generic-ish floral. This falls into my "shampoo floral" category.

I had a very interesting testing experience of Serge Lutens NUIT DE CELLOPHANE because one of my two tester vials apparently was not properly sealed, so nearly all of the liquid had evaporated. What remained was a very thick, perfume oil-like elixir. I applied it to my skin in the manner of parfum, and discovered a beautiful osmanthus-jasmine scent with a slightly soapy drydown.

Next, I added water to the empty "parfum" vial, covered the top with my finger, shook it up and poured the contents all over me. It smelled really beautiful: a resinous, clear jasmine vaguely reminiscent of my memory of Calvin Klein BEAUTY, though I'll have to try that perfume again to be sure.

Finally, I applied the edp liquid from my properly sealed vial and discovered at last the cellophane aspect of this composition. The jasmine now clearly dominated over the osmanthus and even seemed ever so slightly indolic.

I enjoyed this creation in every concentration I tried! If I acquire a bottle, I may siphon some off and let the solvents evaporate to produce a small volume of the "parfum" in my unsealed vial.

-------------------------
UPDATE:

I received a fresh sample of NUIT DE CELLOPHANE with a recent order and discovered that it really is fundamentally a shampoo floral, just as other reviewers have observed. I am reminded, in particular, very much of Bond no 9 CHELSEA FLOWERS. I'm not saying that Chris & Serge copied anyone but there does seem to be a shampoo floral movement underway.

I was considering the possibility of acquiring a bottle of this perfume, but now I am thinking that if the day arrives when I succumb to the temptation to add something from this twenty-first-century fragrance group to my collection, I'll probably opt for one of the big Bond no 9 bottles instead (it was not all that difficult to drain my CHELSEA FLOWERS purse spray)...
For now, I'll continue to wash my hair.

Printeza7
Printeza7

I can smell lots of jasmine, pleasant but not like the other Serge Lutens fragrances. This to me smells more common,floral like many others, nice but not special. Good if you love Yasmin!

rose_selavie
rose_selavie

It may smell synthetic, it may even smell cheap, but it`s GORGEOUS! Fresh opening of sheer and immaculate white flowers with a subtle trace of musk in the dry down.
It`s like a Photoshoped cover of a beauty magazine: you know it is not real, but you admire it anyway. Lutens has created the perfect synthetic bouquet, and the result is great! For all who love clean smelling perfumes, this is a must try.

mseidoom
mseidoom

I used to like this very much but I can't take the jasmine now. Before, it was really fruity and floral without the jasmine standing out so much.

suile
suile

When I read about this one, I felt the need to buy it, but am now cured after trying it on and wearing it for a few hours. It's a fairly straightforward white floral, with a slightly harsh note that I don't really like, maybe this is the pretend cellophane aspect. Comes into the category of "would wear it if given a free or at least very cheap bottle, but wouldn't actually spend my own money".

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

A full, brash, sharp floral fragrance. This is almost identical to Michael Kors' Very Hollywood. There are cheaper perfumes that smell similar to this.

larali
larali

Oooh. So light and clean. The definition of lovely.

silviaci
silviaci

OK, this is sooo different from other Lutens creations you may think it's not a child of his. Anyway, this is as special as the rest of the offspring, in its own peculiar way. The tangerine-osmanthus combo is just captivating to me and it gets brighter by the minute, exuding light and happiness on its sillage. I love the very idea of cellophane wrapped flowers in a charming flower boutique on a spring Paris morning, I can almost see the scene. I consider this my weekend Lutens, it makes me cheerful.

shoreshells
shoreshells

I just tested this fragrance and it's a very pretty floral. At first I thought it had freesia in it; I love freesia, but it doesn't. I must be a mixture of citrus and jasmine. I think it's a great soft floral!

This was my first whiff of any SL scent. *Thanks Weegee, for the sample!* I was intruiged by the name, more than the notes: Night of Cellophane (plastic), and actually wore it for the first time to ring in 2011 at Midnight! I expected something synthetic and sheer with some dark shadowy feeling, but this is anything but...

This opens sweetly but brightly, like cellophane; but is nowhere near synthetic or "plasticy". As it evolves, the heady rich osmanthus and the light but sexy jasmine come strolling through without a care in the world! I guess considering how rich these flowers actually are; here they are sort of sheer, but they are very, very well-blended with the bright and refreshing mandarin orange keeping it sweet, but light and playful. No heartnotes or base is listed; but there just have to be more in this, than only these three. It is rather linear after the flowers arrive, but I detect something lightly musky and somewhat earthy here...it did not last all that long, but while it did: it is enticing and absolutely wonderful! Very sultry, she is and also quite elegant. Despite the name, I think it would be a good scent for the spring or even early to mid-autumn. It is not just an evening scent either, would set a very nice tone for a dinner out in a nice dress. Perhaps, with some light patchouli or a woody scent layered with it: more masculine, something nice for a guy. Just by itself, though; it is very feminine. Even dreamy...

Sillage: average
Longevity: fair
Overall: 3.25/5

I never know what to make of SL perfumes! They are niche and luxe, without a doubt. For those prices though, I expect a little more sillage and lifespan! Part of me thinks: "He is only in it for the money!". Then (usually after sniffing one) I think: "Man, he IS good!". I am dying to try Muscs de Kublai Khan, and think if any of them is worth a FB purchase; it will be THAT one!! I have a small spray of 5 O'Clock Eau Gingembre, and a large sample of Mandarin Mandarine already, besides this one; but think I will reserve any further judgement on this House until I sniff a few more of its scents....

Sa Majeste la Rose
Sa Majeste la Rose

I think it is a nice citrussy fragrance with a little hint of white flowers. But... It is not a Lutens fragrance!

Cereza
Cereza

I can't decide. It's bubble gum sweet and syntetich at the opening, but I somehow enjoy it enough to keep waiting for something better to happen. I'm very trying to like this, actually, as I've been trying to find Luten's that would work on me.
I can feel loads of mandarine and osmanthus, but no jasmin....weird. The osmanthus is somehow very syrupy and a bit heady.

I think i'll pass. Was expecting more.

venush
venush

I finally figured out what this smells like. Juicy Couture. Heavy, sticky flowers, giving me a headache. Jasmine is too strong, citruses are non exsisting. I feel suffocated by the strong flowery scent. No spring in it, though. The flowers are more like a greenhouse production - very overbearing

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

First thoughts:
Do I just have bad taste? This is awful! Opening is not so much overly sweet-Nuit de Cellophane is not a heavy fragrance...but there is a harsh sort of synthetic overtone-jarring!

The opening notes soften slowly but surely. Within 15 minutes the composition passes through the nuances that must be the rotting lower leaves mellbybee mentions, or perhaps the "aqueous" tendency on Mals86...In 15 minutes they don't pass completely-but they weaken, at least.

In a few hours the scent dries down to a beautiful osthmanthus-jasmine fragrance, with osmanthus dominating, making it somewhat airy and fresh-and the musk becomes smooth. Whatever role the citruses had in the beginning wasn't so pleasant, but I think a bit of the zest remains constant, keeping the perfume in line with the name. What a relief that Nuit de Cellophane wouldn't be Nuit de Plastique....

I'm sure I would love this for nightwear if I spray it on a few hours before arriving at my chosen event-but I would be hard-pressed to want to wear this when I dislike the top notes so much.....I can't even vote whether I like or dislike this one...hate the top, quite like the drydown!

guest_mseidoom
guest_mseidoom

Finally, a fruity-floral I can wear! I love candies and desserts, but I don't want my fragrances to be overly sweet.

sofiii
sofiii

Nuit de Cellophane starts really deliciously cute, with fresh fruity candy-like but non-cloying scent and some uplifting citrusy sizzling. Very interesting start, which reminds me of orange flavored jelly.

Soon comes the floral, even though the notes don't include rose, I smelt something like luxary rose essential oil soap with jasmine hint. So far it's a well blended floral scent. Every now and then, it gives off some orange/Fanta/softdrink-like bubbly vibe.

The dry down goes a little bit muskier/softer but still with the sweet nectar essence (osmathus + jasmine combo?).

I find the Nuit de Cellophane is like a much luxary and less synthetic version of Happy Spirit by Chopard. If you like Happy Spirit, don't miss out Nuit de Cellophane.

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

I was so prepared to dislike this fragrance...

however ....it's very "SPRING"

first words that came to mind ..
CHANEL CRISTALLE

CRISP CLEAN SPRING-CUT FLOWERS!!!
with a hint of Swiss Alpine Air...
go figure

laral28
laral28

Imagine someone handed you a bouquet of lovely white flowers and one small orange and said "I hope you have a wonderful day." This is what this fragrance is like for me. It has surprising longevity too, despite how light and delicate it is. Periodically throughout the day I will get just the hint of it and then my day is wonderful. Truly one of my favs.

essija
essija

This is absolutely Lovely. It does remind me of a floral shop. The notes are blended together in this perfectly. This stuff is amazing, heavenly and I can't get enough. My sample vial is almost completely empty. Must order a decant of this. I can't stop sniffing myself..

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

Of course...jasmine again. BUT...this time I don't find it wreaking havoc in my nose. The orange balances the jasmine nicely. It's a pretty day-time in the spring perfume. Sweet, but not sugar sweet like many perfumes of today. Thanks to the juicy orange, I find it quite enjoyable.

zoka
zoka

I also like this fragrance very much... maybe it is labeled 'for women' here but I enjoy it on my skin. Opening comes with fruits, citruses but after top notes it lasts long time on my skin and gives nice floral aura. All floral fragrances should be applied very careful because if you overdose they might be too strong.

Mals86
Mals86

A remarkably wearable Lutens for a change! I enjoyed the faintly-aqueous beginning, with its veil of light citrus and apricot. It segues into a lovely presentation of osmanthus, with its apricot-milk-suede notes, along with some other light florals, and then subsides into a pale, peachy musk that lasts for a pleasantly long time.

I have to admit that I don't see much relationship between the name and the fragrance. Although the scent is quite light enough to be described as a wrapping or veil, it's not the shiny, transparent plasticky glitter of cellophane. "Nuit" makes no sense to me, either: this fragrance seems very much preferable for daytime use as opposed to a night scent, in my opinion. But never mind that, plenty of glorious fragrances have idiotic names. And this one is, indeed, very lovely - one of the few Lutens fragrances that I consider to be easily worn, and not simply for the bravest among us.

mellybee
mellybee

This fragrance is exactly that what you can smell when you enter the florist's shop.
Freshly cutted flowers soaking in water, the lower leaves of the flowers are a bit rotting. The flowers give off a strong sweet scent but then the shop assistant takes them out of the water and the scent's getting pale as she wraps cellophane around the bouquet.

The beginning is way too syrupy but once the scent settles down, one can enjoy the subtle smell of flowers blended with white musk.

Totally unexpected from Lutens, indeed.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Serge Lutens Nuit de Cellophane fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Serge Lutens Nuit de Cellophane, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Nuit de Cellophane by Serge Lutens. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Nuit de Cellophane by Serge Lutens represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.