Designers » R S » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

dislike

almond
nutty
cherry

Serge Lutens Rahat Loukoum was launched in 1998, dedicated to and inspired by the famous Turkish delight. Note: aldehydes, almond, cherry, hawthorn, Turkish rose, heliotrope, white honey, vanilla, tonka bean, balsam and musk. The nose behind this fragrance is Christopher Sheldrake.

Musk Tonka Bean Vanille Hawthorn Heliotrope Rose Almond Aldehydes Cherry white honey Resin

Louve
Loukhoum
Byzantium

Rahat Loukoum Fragrance Reviews

Q80
Q80

It's a honey vanilla coated almonds on a tonka beans plate on the beach in summertime around 7 am with a tiny fresh cherry puffs. It's a scene where you can smell the sandy covered delicious almonds. It's a tropical summer sensational gourmand.

I thought "Tropical Noir" By Maria Candida Gentile would smell like this but i was wrong.

Dominic80
Dominic80

Sexy, sweet, love the Heliotrope note, but, altogether i love Louve much better, and Keiko Mecheri's powdery, addictive, extravaganza, Loukhoum..Can't live without it! This is a fun cherry ride, again i wish for more heliotrope.. The dry down is weak, not sickly but unimpressive. Great sillage, still one great perfume, however, for me Loukhoum is always a step above. And LOuve.. so powdery.. I fall in love anytime i smell it.. For real.

miako
miako

What to say... amaretto, amaretto, amaretto.

I've always wanted a perfume that smells like amaretto, and after countless bottles of perfumes that had "almond" notes in them, I have finally found THE ONE.

It has a certain thickness, a warmth which would probably not work well with our swamp of a summer (the humidity is killer here) but when fall comes, this will be me 24-7 until early spring. It is really that good.

I will layer it with another rose (maybe guerlain) for a more turkish-delight feel, and on its own for a pure amaretto scent. When worn by itself, it is so present and poised...elegant, sexy, delicately sweet. it is most definitely there, but it teases, flirts a little, pushes away a little... 4-5 hours later, just when you think you've perhaps lost it, it comes back, and you can't really help but smile.

I have had so many compliments when wearing this, from both men and women. Friends want to hug me just to smell me!

The greatest thing about this (besides its utter drool-worthy scent) is that not a lot of people have it/know it, so you won't ever be in a situation where everyone smells the same as you.

Gorgeous AND rare. What more can you ask for?

thesheppardess
thesheppardess

This has been one of the more manageable heliotropes that I have tried.

Heliotrope crossed with an almond tart, that has a maraschino cherry or two for garnish. The question is, would I consider purchasing it, while it is available in something other than a bell jar? I don't know. There are so many other fragrances that I want. I should look further into whether Guerlain offers something similar or not. Sometimes, just when I think I have found something else of uncle Serge's to like, the scent kicks up a fuss on my skin.

seekritdude
seekritdude

Im a little iffy on what to say here. When this is first applied I was like WOW this is gonna be a sugar fruity starburst gourmand bomb whatever thing. But this goes away really quickly.

And well honestly looking at some of the negative reviews about it smelling like plastic, rubber, dog bone. I can sorta see that... Or.. wait smell that!

Its still foody in its own way, but I feel like if I told myself this was supposed to be smell like a tasty rubbery dog bone for humans(....bear with me here lol)I would accept that as well. It walks a pretty fine line...

Anyway the opening got my hopes up a bit for what was to come. And after that.. just ok. Hard to describe for me since I can deff understand why some would not like this.

As for it smelling like Loukoum, well im not a big fan of the Loukoum ive had but maybe a lil' that I recall.

Walking Unicorn
Walking Unicorn

Very delicious but SL Rahat Loukoum does not smell like the Turkish candy rahat loukoum which smells of pistachio, rose, saffron and honey. Rather, this fragrance gives me happy flashbacks of my childhood when my mother would make her homemade, almond flavored jello from almond extract that she called "almond delight". This was my favorite dessert and this perfume smells exactly like it. Almond and honey dominate but half an hour into the drydown a light scent of cherry, heliotrope, tonka bean and resins come into the background. Super yummy!

Maeldron
Maeldron

If you want to get laid, try something else.

If you want to be eaten by someone who likes cakes, look no further.

The scent: 8 / 10.
Projection on me: 2 / 10. (Wax sample).

I like the composition. The quality is top as it is often with Serge Lutens.

I’d never get it for myself. And I’d like to smell it on a woman. Not because it’s feminine - it is not -, just because I think it would suit a sun kissed, slim, young woman with some sophisticated craziness. Someone who visits museums once a while, fights for animal rights, is dizzy or a daydreamer, and is slightly kinky.

Or maybe not.

The point is that this fragrance inspires my imagination. I try to figure out who should wear it, which does not happen often to me as I usually buy fragrances for myself.

This scent teasing me. And I like that.

Rahat Loukoum is complex. It has something to tell you. It might play with your mind.

Give it a try. Even if you won’t buy it, it will add a unique and pleasant experience to your life.

iolanda hannah
iolanda hannah

This is a very well made gourmand fragrance. Lush and complex and delicious, and it smells better than the real turkish delight.
But ... it's much too sweet for me. Try before you buy ;-)

MorticiaX.
MorticiaX.

I feel like a weirdo, I really do. I absolutely adore sweet fragrances of all kinds but this one totally disagreed with my chemistry. I can't figure it out but it smells like plastic on my skin. I feel like I showered with a cherry and almond shower gel after I hanged a brand new plastic shower curtain. I can't describe it any other way. It's really weird.

Scentmad
Scentmad

When I first sprayed this I thought it was pretty but too sweet, however I recommend a little perseverance because you will be really well rewarded with the most glorious of gourmands.

It is as smooth as silk, with perfectly balanced almond/cherry and cherry-stones notes, all wrapped in vanilla/honey and just the merest hit of spice - I am wearing this today with a light overlay of FM carnal flower and I have to say, they are stonkingly gorgeous together.

I also love wearing this blonde confection on it's own. This is like wearing something from a fine French patisserie, delicately and artfully made and breathtakingly beautiful. This has notes that are so edible and sensual that it's impossible not to take in great breaths of the deliciously warm aroma, it's evokes (in me) a need to possess every single note. Alluring, sexy, glorious, beautiful and intoxicating.

Heavenly.

svp
svp

Oh my gosh - wow - delicious! It's a sugar trip fantasy with a touch of the Arabian Nights.

Since treating myself to a bell jar (delivered to Cambridge from Paris), I've been drenching myself in the nectar that is Rahat Loukoum. Yes, it's a gourmand fragnance, but it's 'the' gourmand fragrance. I actually detest the overtly artificial candied trend that seem to typify celebrity fragrances at the moment (and even some more reputable lines have fallen victim). But Serge Lutens has delivered such a beautiful gourmand using such high quality ingredients - that last all day - how many perfumes achieve that nowadays?

On application, it's like one has been minaturised like Alice in Wonderland and dropped into an empty candy jar that used to house candied cherries, Turkish Delight, marzipan, warm Madiera sponge and very fluffy marshmallows. It is immensely comforting, soothing and it actually does seem to satisfy my sugar cravings (so might even help me avoid sugary snacks!).

Like many of Serge Lutens perfumes, Rahat Loukoum seems to reach the parts of you that other perfumes don't. I'm still a loyal Guerlain fan, but as my husband recently said - he's starting to fall for Serge Lutens' perfume in a big way. They are so rich, so thoughtful, so full of stories ... and they last and last...which for me says quality!

If you love candied perfume, Rahat Loukoum will blow your mind. Thanks Serge - another brilliant gem in your crown!

Note: I see that some folk feel this perfume is similar to Louve (otherwise known as the cherry bomb!) - I've owned both and personally I didn't feel they were similar at all. In the end, I sold my bottle of Louve - I actually enjoyed the experience of being doused in ripe cherries, however, I wasn't so keen on the dry down which felt like being doused in baby powder.

judyk
judyk

Rahat Loukhoum smells as I had expected Cacharel Gloria* to, and I'm very happy with it. Sweet cherries, toasted almonds and vanilla, plus heliotrope, musk and a powdery note that I can't associate with any of the listed ingredients. The cherry note is almost overpowering at first but fades quite quickly, leaving turkish delight with a hint of marzipan. Despite that description, it's not sickly sweet and actually has a sharp edge to it.

*Don't worry. Gloria turned out to be anything but a disappointment. :)

Coralmonkey

White Witch Parlor on Etsy. Cherry and Almond perfume oil, 12 bucks. Good stuff.

Coralmonkey

Started off like candy, dry down was reminiscent of a rubber dog bone. Not my favorite. So far nothing tops MDB for me re Serge.

Cochlea
Cochlea

Love at first sniff! This is so delicious!
Rahat Loukoum opens with a strong cherry syrup scent but you don't need to wait for it to calm down. The medicinal cherry scent is changing and becomes a very powdery and sweet cherry scent from the aid of the heliotrope. I smell the almonds right off - it is the scent of almonds fresh out of the oven, it is very heavy. After a time I smell a delicate rose scent. The drydown is a rose powdery musk. The sillage and longevity are both very good because it is Serge Lutens, his fragrance always work on my skin!
I think that Gourmand lovers should try this at least once.

Kain
Kain

This is a very complex and pleasant feminine fragrance that you may not get all the layers of the scent with only one testing. it took my a few more testing because of it's complexity.
The opening is a sweet and bitter combination of cherry, almonds and honey. the cherry note is a little bit harsh at the start and I do recommend to let it stay on your skin for about 4-5 seconds and then try smelling it. there is a strong bitterness beside this fruity opening and it has an oily quality into it.
Actually it's like the smell of bitter almond's oil plus fruity cherry and sweet honey.
The honey note is the savior here that calms down the bitterness of the almond note and also with the help of cherry creates a sensual fruity aroma.
As time passes, I'm getting a little less cherry and at the same time a little more honey. the bitterness of the almonds does exist, but now it has less oily feeling and a little more bitterness. with these small changes suddenly musk kicks in from nowhere and it says hi! it's not that strong but I can feel it beside other notes.
The quality and blending of the notes is awesome. you can smell and separate all these notes one by one which is amazing.
In the base the fruity cherry and bitter almond notes are in the background. at this level warm and sweet honey note and musk exchanging their position with vanilla. the sweetness of the scent does exist though, but now it's vanilla like sweetness instead of honey like and musky sweetness.
If guys who reading this do enjoy sweet and bitter scents, this will work for them too. this can be unisex for sure.
Projection is good and longevity is around 6-7 hours on my skin.
Master Christopher Sheldrake did it again!

این عطر یه کار زنانه خوشبو و بسیار کمپلکس هست که با یکبار تست ممکنه تمامی ظرافتهای اونو درک نکنین
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بویی شیرین و تلخ، ترکیبی از رایحه بادام، گیلاس و عسل شروع میشه
رایحه میوه گیلاس کاملا مشخصه و راستش برای چند ثانیه اولش بسیار تند و تیز و قویه جوری که ممکنه اصلا باعث سردرد بشه! پس پیشنهاد میکنم وقتی اسپری کردین بهش 4-5 ثانیه مهلت بدین تا آروم و نرمال بشه
رایحه بادام حس روغنی و تلخی داره. مثل اینه یه شیشه روغن بادام تلخ داشته باشین و درشو باز کنین و بو کنین. در کنار بوی میوه ای گیلاس و بوی تلخ بادام با حس روغنی که داره مقدار مشخصی هم رایحه گرم و شیرین عسل وجود داره که اون تلخی رایحه بادام رو کنترل میکنه و نمیزاره زننده باشه و زیاد موجب آزار مصرف کننده بشه
با گذر زمان بوی گیلاس ملایم تر میشه و در عوض بوی عسل کمی قویتر. اون بوی تلخ و روغنی بادام هم همچنان با همون قدرت حس میشه منتها کمی حس روغنی شو از دست میده. در کنار بوی شیرین عسل و کمی تلخی بادام و رایحه ملایمی از گیلاس، کم کم بوی مُشک جا باز میکنه و خودشو نشون میده
البته خیلی قوی نیست اما میشه اونو به راحتی در کنار بقیه رایحه ها حس کرد
کیفیت و دز ترکیبی رایحه ها بسیار مناسب و هنرمندانه اس بطوری که تمامی این رایحه ها رو میشه تشخیص داد و عطر اصلا حس شلوغ پلوغ و درهم نداره
تو رایحه پایه باز بوی عطر تغییر میکنه
اون حس تلخ بادام و بوی گیلاس خیلی ملایم میشن (و البته همچنان حس میشن) و حالا حس گرم و شیرین عسل به همراه مشک جای خودشونو با وانیل عوض میکنن. وانیل میشه غالب و اون دو تا دنباله رو
عطر همون حس گرم و شیرین خودشو داره و تغییری نکرده. اما اون شیرینی دیگه از جنس عسل نیست و کاملا حس وانیلی پیدا میکنه و شما اون تغییر نوع شیرینی عطر رو قشنگ حس میکنین
با اینکه زنانه هست اما آقایونی که بوی شیرین و تلخ دوست دارن هم میتونن ازش استفاده کنن
پخش بوی نسبتا خوبی داره و ماندگاریش مثل اکثر کارای این برند در حد 6-7 ساعت روی پوست هست

hanson26
hanson26

Almond is one of my favorite notes, and I've been on a huge powder kick, so naturally I had to try all the loukuom-type fragrances. I've tried Keiko Mecheri's and fell in love, so I ordered this one (which it was compared to) and a bunch of others. Well, no surprise here, I love it. It starts out a little cherry cough syrup like but that lasts for like 5 seconds, and then it settles in to a GORGEOUS sweet, almondy, powdery, honey scent. It is not quite as powdery as Mecheri's Loukhuom (that one is SO powdery, I love it, but it's all powder at first and then a sweet vanilla-almond scent) but it's more gourmand and edible. The almonds and heliotrope are more pronounced from the start here, and drizzled in sweet, golden honey, with a hint of cherry. Despite that, it never crosses in the too sweet territory. Well actually, take that with a grain of salt. I like sweet. It doesn't cross into Pink Sugar sweet territory though, or even much of what is popular today. It's never cloying, just mouth watering. It's different enough from other sweet, powdery almond fragrances to warrant a buy if you're into that type of perfume. Sorry to be an enabler ;)

thehanna
thehanna

I thought Sl loukoum scent would be the holy grail loukoum but it didn't mix well with me - just cherry and nuts.

My boyfriend said is smelled like a scratch n' sniff sticker or Play Dough.

Guest_yvashche
Guest_yvashche

It's not rahat loukhoum (Turkish delight) in that its not sticky sweet. It's barely sweet and almondy but very slight. Gone in minutes but very pleasant.
Makes you want more, just like real sweets.

hadassa
hadassa

I don't know who was the first to "invent" and launch a Turkish Delight perfume in 1998, but to my nose SL's creation (I'm talking about a wax sample) and Keiko Mecheri's LOUKHOUM smell almost the same. Mecheri's rendition is a bit heavier on the honey note, and the Lutens is very heliotrope-y. That's the only difference between them to me.

I have to note that neither of those smell like Turkish delights to my nose, unfortunately, although both are exceptionally yummy. It is rather some kind of powdered sugar with almonds and heliotrope, and a hint of rose water. Strangely enough, leathery TRAVERSEE DU BOSPHORE from L'Artisan (another take on the same theme) smells much more "loukhoum-y" to me.

It also certainly reminds me of LOUVE, which is more about almonds, but still smells in a very similar way.

I think if you need a powdery sweet Turkish delight perfume, you better choose just one of them, because they are all very similar. My choice would be LOUVE (as I love almonds), but since it is now only sold in Paris and packed in bottles withoit sprayers (it probably states for "luxe" but is a complete nonsense to me), I would then choose Mecheri's LOUKHOUM.
And TRAVERSEE DU BOSPHORE as loukhoum with a twist (and with pistachios instead of almonds).

spidola
spidola

It’s HONEY … I speak about dry down, the smell you can feel even after 5-6 hours. It’s a delicate smell of delicious, natural honey…
RL opens a little bit loud with almond, then arrives vanilla and tonka bean. A cherry I don’t smell a lot, maybe only a hint of it after 2 hours. Anyway, for me the dry down is the best part of this perfume – sweet, cozy and not overpowering…

As many persons find Rahat Loukoum similar to Louve, I made a test – in one arm I had a RL and on another arm Louve… In my opinion they do not resemble at all! Louve is very strong, invasive and the fruits are dominant – it is the marzipan tort. I find the sweetness of Louve a little bit aggressive, for me unpleasant. RL is sweet, soft,creamy, but not fruity and all composition is discreet. Louve I did smell after 12 hours, Rahat Loukom for 6 hours and it stayed close to skin. I could wear Rahat Loukoum, but Louve not. The only common thing – they belong to gourmand category…

nsquared
nsquared

This is a very sweet, comforting gourmand. I get cherry, almond and vanilla, like eating a pastry with cherry almond filling. The dry down to me smells like a rosy vanilla, something I never thought I would like... but I reach for it when I want something unique. Not for people who don't like "sweet" and "cherry".

Serge Lutens' Rahat Loukoum is a sweet and sugary delight. God only knows why this fragrance is a Palais Royal exclusive. In a market dominated by all things sweet and gooey, Rahat Loukoum would sell like hot-cakes.

Rahat Loukoum opens with a rich cherry liquor note, with a slight medicinal quality. This top note however is quick to fade, settling into a delicate blend of vanilla, almond and tonka bean.

The heart and drydown, in my opinion, smells very much like a vanilla butter cake. I love this sweet and creamy approach. I wear gourmands very rarely, however I wouldn't mind wearing Rahat Loukoum every now and then, especially considering that it's light and inoffensive.

Like Keiko Mecheri's Loukhoum, Rahat Loukoum does not remind me of turkish delight whatsoever. They're both soft and powdery vanillic scents, more cake-like than candied.

Rahat Loukoum doesn't smell like your typical Serge Lutens fragrance. Some may complain that perfumer Christopher Sheldrake was playing it safe. Agreed, Rahat Loukoum is not particularly unique, but I enjoy it nonetheless. In true niche style, this fragrance has excellent longevity and strong sillage. I would recommend it for wear during the cooler months. A light application is all that is needed.

fullbottleworthy
fullbottleworthy

What is it with me and SL these days? We are not getting along! After falling in love with Datura Noir and Ambre Sultan, I thought I might be a SL girl, but after my horrifying experiences with Un Bois Vanille, Santal de Mysore and now this, I'm afraid to sniff what's next...

I'm an almond freak, and I love cherry if done right, but this was just not my thing. I was expecting a beautiful almond cherry scent but instead I got cherry cough drops (smells exactly like Luden's!!!) with a nice marzipan in the background. I really don't think the almond is that bad but I am so not feeling the cherry. It's very synthetic/artificial smelling and to me the perfume does not at all warrant the ridiculous price tag. There are a million almond scents out there so I'm not hurting for things to try. I'm sad that this one did not work for me but relieved at throwing away any notion of shelling out big bucks for this thing. If I want this smell, I'll pop in a cherry Luden's and sniff some almond butter. I hate to bash on SL like this but I am soooo bummed about this frag :(

EDIT: Once the cherry FINALLY fades I REALLY like the drydown, but unfortunately it takes like 2 or 3 hours, and I just can't wait that long to get to the good part. I don't want to feel like scrubbing my arm for 2-3 hours just to get the yummy drydown which has already since faded a lot....

balefulregards
balefulregards

The application is delightful. You feel delicious, but the sillage? Gone within two hours. Sad, as it is truly lovely while it lasts.

Also, I smell licorice - but I suspect it is the cherry vanilla - like a twizzler.

daisygirl
daisygirl

gorgeous! Like smelling an almond croissant. After a while I can smell an incense like smell - sort of like the incense from L de lolita but more mature.

It wears really close to the skin, and on me it fades away too quickly. After about two hours I really can't detect it. That is disappointing for something so exquisite.

kabelaced
kabelaced

When I first put this on, I immediately felt this was the best perfume I ever smelled. The drydown is very similar to People of the Labyrinths Luctor et Emergo - an almondy saltiness that, more and more, begins to remind me of Play-Doh. It's never intensely Play-Doh, but it makes me feel like a kid again.

I love the smell of cherries, rose and almonds, but I time travel too much with this perfume for it to be my signature. Will look at Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum, Serge Lutens Louve and others for more Turkish Delight-esque scents - hopefully ones that retain a rose-almond drydown!

lilice
lilice

Une magnifique et gourmande explosion d'amande amère au début..puis de la cerise...du sucre..., malheureusement du musc et d'autres choses qui gâchent un peu l'évolution...

vdxl
vdxl

A very nice unisex perfume, that is like a combination between Fumerie Turque and Louve. It starts as the loveliest almond scent that follows with cherry and rose, ending up in a vanillic context that is very lively- almost no powder. Deliciously sensual, sweet but balanced oriental delight.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

LOVE LOVE LOVE....and I am picky....too many "preppy" fragrances out there...and this is just so different and not too foody. I have the Paris version too. It is delightful. Not too floral either. Lovely balance on me and my chemistry. After all, it's all about the chemistry. Everything is different on everyone. It does change as the hours go by, and worth every penny. Not every fragrance worth having is sitting on the counter of Neiman's or Goodman's. Thank you my personal Paris shopper.

Guest_Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Guest_Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

I can very much apprecite this, just not for me, and I like almond, but it's too much almond combined with the candylike or cakey sweetness, reminds me of Keiko Mecheri's 'Loukhoulm poudre'....which I own and dont use, lol

Didier
Didier

Most gourmand fragrance that i have!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Extremely sweet almond extract smell at first, turning into a more gourmand flavor like almond macaroons strongly flavored with the extract and a little citrus. Many reviewers say that it smells like cherry, but all I really get is the extraordinarily strong benzaldehyde (almond) note along with tonka/coumarin and heliotrope.

Then the fluffy white musks appear, and the scent starts to develop into something lovely and wearable, a marzipan-flavored clean musk. About an hour into the drydown, the sweet vanilla-tonka becomes very prominent, then subsides again leaving a vanilla-marzipan-musk mixture that’s a wonderful comfort scent. Early on, the sillage is considerable, but after several hours it settles into a moderate level. The marzipan musk lasts for more than 12 hours on skin, days on clothing.

I love Rahat Loukhoum for its fluffy, musky sweetness, its lack of any obvious floral notes, and the fact that it makes a confident statement without being overpowering. If you’re fond of gourmand scents, it’s definitely worth a try.

armchair sailor
armchair sailor

It's wonderful, but I wouldn't want to smell like a cake

flhterrie
flhterrie

This is one of my all time favorite scent and one of the ultra morphing scents on me. I know I have strange body chemistry but Rahat Loukoum starts as a gourmand, all Turkish candy with almond, vanilla, cherry and that lovely marzipan smell that heliotrope in the right form or concentration can impart. After about 4 hours I start thinking it has faded away but if I sniff my arm I can smell the most wonderful leather and tobacco combination.

I've never been in a rich men's club but this is what I imagine one to smell like. Expensive leather furniture, well oiled and VERY expensive cigars, the smell of which just linger in the background. Or maybe it's the smell of an expensive tack room with well oiled saddles and bridles and the tobacco and sweat of the grooms and riders. I have smelled that and love it, and I love both incarnations of Rahat Loukoum.

I will say I have only used the Paris version and don't know if there is a difference between that and the export.

Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

Rahät Loukoum is THE gourmand fragrance 'par excellence'. It is rich, sweet, creamy, almondy, vanillic - just luscious yet not overpowering. If you don't like oriental-gourmand scents - stay away, then this one is not for you. To all Casmir, Angel and Lolita Lempicka Lovers: give this one a try, you'll love it!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Serge Lutens Rahat Loukoum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Serge Lutens Rahat Loukoum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rahat Loukoum by Serge Lutens. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rahat Loukoum by Serge Lutens represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.