Designers » R S » Woody « Groups

Sergio Tacchini Sergio Tacchini for men

Sergio Tacchini Sergio Tacchini for men
dislike

Sergio Tacchini Sergio Tacchini for men Pictures

Sergio Tacchini by Sergio Tacchini is a Woody fragrance for men. Sergio Tacchini was launched in 1987. The fragrance features lime, sandalwood, cedar, bergamot and styrax.

Lime Sandalwood Cedar Bergamot Styrax

wrong pic btw, fragrance from 1987 can be seen here:

fragrancex.com/images/products/parent/medium/34851M.jpg

no-fi
no-fi

This is how a simple but well-executed fragrance should smell - a limited yet expressive range of notes, blended together harmoniously.

The scent I'm reviewing is the current formulation of Sergio Tacchnini Uomo (1996), in the tall bottle shown above, rather than the original Sergio Tacchnini EDT (1987), which I haven't had a chance to test.

Uomo opens with a fresh and invigorating burst of lime and bergamot. This is one of the nicest lime openings I've smelled - bracing without being too sour. I suspect the slight sweetness and spiciness of the bergamot helps to take the edge off the lime.

The citrus notes fade within about half an hour on my skin. In their place comes a soapy-sweet, slightly spicy scent - that's the styrax at play.

As Uomo dries down, the sandalwood really comes to the fore, with the styrax playing a supporting role. It's a warm, rather than dry, woody smell which lasts to the end - about six hours on my skin. Projection is below average after the initial burst, and longevity is moderate. I would need to reapply during the day to wear this at work. That said, it's getting into autumn here at the moment, so Uomo will likely perform better on my skin in spring and summer.

What really helps such a simple fragrance work is the quality of ingredients. Everything smells very natural - surprisingly so for such an inexpensive fragrance (I paid US$24 including shipping for a 100ml spray bottle). There's not a single note I'd say was synthetic - the only thing remotely obnoxious is the powerful alcohol blast on application, which quickly fades to reveal the opening burst of citrus.

Uomo is neither a groundbreaking scent, nor one you would wear to get noticed. It also isn't the best performer, which is forgivable at this price point. What Uomo is, however, is a very well-rounded fresh scent that's great for casual wear. It is cooling, relaxing and all in all, pretty enjoyable. A safe blind buy.

Houstonx
Houstonx

Like most of the reviewers here, I also write my review about the old square bottle. I used to have one about 20-25 years ago and recently came across a bottle in a small frag shop in Houston. They had only one dusty bottle that they couldn't sell for years and gave me a very good discount. And it's still the same perfect smell I had back in the 90s. You can see the notes in the product description so I will not get in to that. If you come across an old bottle, not the Uomo version, dont miss it. In Amazon they sell it for around 80$, I paid 44$. I also own a Creed Aventus, and I can easily say this can rival Aventus as a summer frag (if not better). Well you can at least be sure that you're probably the only one wearing this within a 50 mile radius.

sebbydee
sebbydee

This review is for the bottle pictured here and not the later uomo version ST has released.
I don't know if this has been discontinued at some point but i found a 100ml bootle of this juice down south italy for the bargain price of 11 euros. I blind bought it upon reviews here or on BS. I was expecting a decent smell at best and not the astoneshing one i got at first spray.

The opening is citrus fresh sporty. A bit harsh and manly but as the sandalwood and bergamote notes kick in it develops in to a sweeter and warmer type of frag.

This is not sexy or elegant but rather sporty and for the casual days. I tried it in the winter but this worked better for me during the hotter days.

Longevity on this is rather stunning. Applied at 6am and still rocking in the afternoon. Sillage is moderate. Not the cuttest bottle of the market....

Would buy again if i can dig it at such a low price. A good surprise !!

alexiou
alexiou

I had paid ONLY 8 euro for 27 ml bottle and i'm very impressed with the aroma.It is a very simple , yet fantastic woody scent .I'm sure i will repurchase it in the near future!The sillage is moderate but the longevity excellent.Almost after 6 hours after the application and i can still smell it on me!Sergio tachinni for men is the first and imo the best perfume from the fragrantline of this brand.

Pepelevua
Pepelevua

one of the best summer fragrances ever made, so underrated and is getting very hard to find, not many fragrances can be worn in hot humid climates, this shines there like very few, try it.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Very soapy, woody and beautiful. Slightly similar to Worth Pour Homme but nicer.

It really is gorgeous!

Jerry Can
Jerry Can

I had the original. I remember buying it from a shop in Santa Ponsa, Majorca in 1988. I can't remember much about it except that I was enthused at the time and remember it being quite different from any other perfume I had known. It seemed very clean and sporty; but was not aquatic. I wish I could remember more. Sorry...

LeBart
LeBart

Woody? This isn't a typical "woody" scent, it's rather balsamic. "Woody" can be misleading here. Citrus opening, very nice, then lime and bergamot transforming into a fresh-sweet balsamic fragrance with flowery-resinous, leathery accord thanks to sandalwood, cedar and styrax.
Very nice perfume. All in all, I'd give it 8/10.

P.S. Try before you buy. I like it very much but it does not necessarily mean it'll suit everybody.

Housebliss
Housebliss

A perfect example of how "cheap" can smell divine. By cheap I mean price, as this is the least costly of what I own. I think I paid $ 20 retail in the store for a 32 ml? 32 ml....cool..

It's so very fresh, clean, and smells oh so good. Woody, soapy, citrus delight. Had this been Frederic Malle, Diptyque, Byredo, or any other niche brand, it would probably be considered a superb masterpiece worth the $ 500 price tag.

Although not many people have voted on this, you can see the love this one gets, even on Basenotes. You should definitely try it out. Amazing.

Very highly recommended. I have the hexagonal (6 sided) bottle with the grey cap, and not the one pictured here.

danshobiz
danshobiz

There are two versions of this available: the original Sergio Tacchini EDT (1987) in the squarish black/gray box and Uomo (1996) in the tall bottle shown here. As Andre Moreau said on BNotes the Uomo is gentler. It's definitely more muted, a skin scent on me though pleasant. The original though (which it sounds like the other reviews here are describing) is simply awesome. Limey,greeny, woodsy and soapy...and if that sounds like a mashup, the result is amazing. Perfectly wearable here in the hot Florida summer. Never overwhelming but alluring to those around you. Has that suave Italian vibe, along the lines of Armani Eau (vintage version) but much better longevity. If you dig citrus but are tired of lemon-based frags,you'll enjoy this.

glam
glam

This is one of those fragrances that has had me hooked for years.
It's breathtaking, sexy, cool and confident. Sergio Tacchini for men is an outstanding value for a fragrance that actually gently lingers throughout the day, not like some fragrances that you apply and are gone within the hour.
Although this fragrance is now difficult to get, it can still be found on some fragrance sites on the internet. My son who just turned 21 loves Sergio Tacchini and now wears it. He calls it his chic magnet. Girls come up to him all the time just to smell him. His words!
I have been secretly in love with this fragrance from the very first spray.
People always comment on how refreshing and unusual the scent is and that it just smells so good. Lime, sandalwood, bergamot, cedar together in harmony. My husband smells like a dream every time he wears it.

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

Reminds me of English Leather Lime, but of course done a lot better since Dana's attempt to manufacturer the MEM classic fell short. Really short when it was having it made in China.

Nothing against the Chinese but Dana itself probably used cheap ingredients even before it moved the "mixing" facilities to Asia.

Tacchini's fragrance is nice but nothing amazing that you feel you might be missing out on.

Lime is prominent but it does not automatically make it a hot weather scent. I also smell leather and that lowers the "brightness" that citrus usually gives off.

I like it but can also understand if people under 35 might think of it as dated.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Sergio Tacchini Sergio Tacchini fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Sergio Tacchini Sergio Tacchini, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sergio Tacchini by Sergio Tacchini. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sergio Tacchini by Sergio Tacchini represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.