Designers » R S » Oriental Floral « Groups

Elixir Shakira for women

Elixir Shakira for women
dislike

Elixir Shakira for women Videos
Elixir Shakira for women Pictures Elixir Shakira for women Pictures Elixir Shakira for women Pictures Elixir Shakira for women Pictures Elixir Shakira for women Pictures Elixir Shakira for women Pictures Elixir Shakira for women Pictures Elixir Shakira for women Pictures

Elixir by Shakira is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Elixir was launched in 2012. Top notes are orange blossom and black pepper; middle notes are peony, freesia and peach; base notes are amber, musk, styrax, brown sugar and white cedar extract.

Orange Blossom Black Pepper

Peony Freesia Peach

Amber Musk Styrax Brown Sugar White Cedar Extract

Wild Elixir

Elixir Fragrance Reviews

b.a.denney

By looking at my earlier review, I didn't like this a lot when I spritzed it on at the store. Well, I won a brand new bottle off ebay for super cheap. I expected to not like it, but I'm actually really liking it a lot. It smells expensive, and I see why some say it has a Dior vibe. I can also see why some say it smells similar to Estee Lauder's Sensuous. I found Sensuous to be too strong, but this is very wearable.

The bottle is classy too. I'm actually wishing I'd won a bigger bottle of this because I can see myself using this one a lot this winter. I'm sure it would be nice year round though too. I can't wait to try the other two Elixirs now.

Lilah Veil
Lilah Veil

Shakira Elixir - (The Exotic, Mystical and Elusive)
Now you smell it, now you don’t.

Oh my... Oh MY! Ohhhh!

On a hunt one day for a new-to-me, unusual, drop dead killer scent to wow me, I went from store to store for hours becoming increasingly frustrated with the same old tired gourmand-y and fruity floral designer and celeb perfumes. I was growing angry and bored until I sampled Shakira Elixir Wild. Something happened the moment I sprayed it and I’ve not quite been the same since. Something in my fragrance wardrobe was missing and I have so happily found it.

At the time, Shakira Elixir without the “Wild” was not available for me to sample, so I did a raving review here about the beauty of Wild while waiting for my shipment of this Elixir minus Wild’s dark patchouli. Shakira Elixir is a very similar scent sans ‘chouli, but the absence of it makes a big difference. I am madly, insanely in love with both and have held out on reviewing this one as I am truly stunned at how glorious, elegant, refined, and exquisitely beautiful Shakira Elixir is. From an exotic beauty comes an exotically beautiful, enticing, spicy, fruity, floral, woodsy masterpiece... and I am amazed. Had anyone suggested I give this a try, I would have ignored them dismissing it as yet another here-we-go-again-celeb-fruit-water-candy-gourmand. I never expected this sort of quality or scent, but am so glad to have it now.

As a true oriental lover, I find this scent divinely outstanding; so much so, it has (almost) become my signature fragrance this spring and summer so far. I own many fragrances and have never used a fragrance this many consecutive days and nights in my life. It is also the first time in many years I have fallen madly, crazy in love over a scent with no vanilla or sandalwood in the blend, which is a seriously bold profession from me.

The peach is so ripe, deep and rich I will liken it more to apricot. My mother and grands used spices to can fresh peaches and apricots. The beginning notes are that same, delicious smell mixed with the sexiest, phenomenal quality amber, to-die-for styrax and orange blossom. I believe the black pepper is one big thing that separates this from the same ol’s I am crying tired of, and truly “makes” this fragrance. It is unique and remarkable. I haven’t much to say regarding the florals as Elixir is so wonderfully blended they are hard to single out, but have no complaints at all. The dry down is a gentle woodsy, soft musk undressing down to a creamy, addictive spiced apricot/benzoin-like skin scent that is heroin to my nose. This stuff is heroin to my olfactory from start to finish but the dry down is heavenly. It is jubilant, sensual, dances like Shakira and golden as her hip coins. The overall blend is so divine it defies just description but I’m doing my best. *smiles*

Longevity is about 2 on a 0-10 scale on me. (I think.?) It is The Great Houdini and genie in the same bottle. There is a possibility I have become anosmic to Elixir but have been battling this from the start, so I think not. I have brutally honest friends. That’s the way I like ‘em. *wink* I constantly pester them by inquiring if they can smell this on me or am I knocking them down. Their answers are consistently the same in a group. They lean in for a sniff and I hear “I can’t smell anything” from one or two. “Faint but GORgeous, what is that?!” another says. “I can smell it only if I stick my nose to you. What IS it?” “Strong but beautiful so who cares, what IS that dammit? Say it!” ... Now it’s “Don’t ask anymore until you name it. You’re being a bitch.” (LOL!) So with that, I am clueless with a knowing grin and still refuse to name it which is maddening them. (Oh, the joy of being a bit sadistic!) There are times I smell it, it vanishes for awhile, I catch a faint whiff again and think/hope it’s still there somewhere. Though frustrating, I find that mystical and appealing in a way, and for the price will happily spritz all day and night to envelope myself in this Heaven called Shakira Elixir and Elixir Wild for winter. I am honestly knocked out and thrilled at the quality of this fragrance. It smells expensive, classy, high end, high house, and is the first to make me scoot a long timer off my top 5 list in about a decade. Due to such similarity I will count this and Wild as one. Both Elixirs earned a top spot amidst time honored, classic, respected contenders. For me, that is a very big deal... and oh, yeah. Did I say how much I love Shakira Elixir(s)? How do I love thee? Let me count the ways!

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

tried a little spritz at Kohl's and find it too strong and over powering for me.

Update: I tried this one again while at Kohl's and it's weird because now I find I like it! I sprayed on my hand and kept getting whiffs of something wonderful! So now it has me curious. I have some Kohl's cash to spend and I saw it in the discounted section, so I may just have to get it now!

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

Balsamic amber smell, too warm for me, so oriental, like Indian. I prefer cold mysterious perfumes.

Miriana93
Miriana93

I cannot smell the sweet or the peach notes at first but then when it settles down after 2 hours it smells divine. All I can smell are the balsamic notes and the pepper notes at first which I don't really like. It's quite an unusual fragrance in my collection. I have nothing like it. I feel that this is a perfect perfume for autumn. It reminds me of the smell of falling leaves and rain.

I do not reach out for it often, I have to be in the mood for it. On days that I'm in the mood for it, I feel that it smells divine and very distinct. I especially like it after around 2 hours, I should use it more often but I am not too patient to wait for it to start smelling amazing.

It lasts for quite a while on my body, this week I sprayed it at night and next morning I could still smell it. I'm surprised that a celebrity fragrance lasts for so long.

Despite the sugar & amber notes I don't find this to be particularly sweet at all. In fact it's rather woody and musky.
I do believe I get a small amount of peach, but not florals. The styrax really overwhelms everything else. I like styrax, but in the end this dries down to "spicy wood chips".

tahoeaway
tahoeaway

I purchased this perfume earlier today at Walgreens on clearance for a heck of a deal and it really doesn't disappoint! I've enjoyed Shakira's Eau Florale for quite some time now but remembered back to when I was purchasing it that I had a hard time deciding between that one and Elixir, so glad I was able to add it to my collection today.
As for the scent I agree that it's an exotic oriental and not fruity or sweet like so many fragrances. As for people commenting on it smelling like "With Love" I've worn "With Love" since it came out and to me it smells nothing alike. It reminds me more of a Dior or Givenchy perfume then a Celebrity fragrance. I've worn it for about 5 hours now and the scent is still very fragrant. Absolutely love it!

pum.ohse
pum.ohse

Nice, not great. Lovely and forgettable. Really casual and quite fresh. The best from the range of Shakira.

edna maria de lima rocha
edna maria de lima rocha

uma pena fixação minima..mais o aroma é gostoso..

addicted_to_you
addicted_to_you

Blind purchase as a present for niece but changed my mind :)) Now I'm wearing it!! Smells really great, I can't remember but this parfume reminds me something..maybe Valentino V Absolu??

crikat
crikat

Blind buy. Pretty bottle, good price at Walgreen's, so why not?
At first whiff I thought, "Fancy by Jessica Simpson." Sweet and slightly spicy. But Shakira does a nice job with the fruit and flowers. It's as though you're seated at a long table with those at each end, and you wait for the sugar and pepper to join you, but they keep getting up & wandering, looking for one more thing...the amber, maybe? And you sit in their scented wake and enjoy your wait.
Sillage a little weak, but for the price I'll spritz more.

wallflower
wallflower

i think that for a celebrity frag it's decent, but hey, it's not unique at all!
i had a little sample of Sensuous by Estée Lauder and immediately when i sprayed this, i felt that it was incredibly similar to that.
so i suggest to buy this to every Sensuous fan who wants to opt for a cheaper version.

just for comparison :

notes of Elixir: orange blossom, brown sugar, black pepper, white cedar extract, peony, freesia, peach, musk, styrax, amber

notes of Sensuous: mandarin pulp, honey, black pepper, molten wood, sandalwood, sensual lily notes, magnolia, jasmine petals, amber

sergio15
sergio15

This fragrance seems like it would come from a high end brand, it's very rich and it really captures everything in the commercial, it's an exotic scent. not your typical celebrity fragrance.

katoy4
katoy4

I don't know why I hesitated so long on blind buying as all of the notes suggested I would love it - and I do! Just as described, it's a sweet, warm, lightly spicy amber. I just wish it had a stronger sillage, I fear I will be going through my little bottle pretty fast.

A great every-day-scent. It a little bit too sweet for my taste, but its modern, elegant and flirty. If the sugernote didn't was that strong, I would have liked this one a lot. Worth trying. Timeles - both for young girls and adult grown-up women. Stays about 5 hours on my skin, good for an Eau de Toilette, I think.

En härlig varje-dag-doft. Lite för söt för min smak men en modern, elegant och flirtig doft. Om sockernoten inte fanns hade den varit en favorit. Värd att prova. Tidlös - passar både den spralliga tjejen och den mogna kvinnan. Doftar ca 5 timmar på min hud, bra för en Eau de Toilette, tycker jag.

Thutel
Thutel

é uma pena grande esse perfume tem uma pessima fixação pelo menos na minha pele...gostoso...

SS79

I absolutely LOVE this scent! It is so warm, and intoxicating!!!! it was suggested to me by a few members. I seriously cannot stop smelling my wrists when I wear this! My only complaint is that I wish it lasted on my skin as long as it does on my clothes!!

NikiS
NikiS

The fragrance remands me Dior addict, good smell

pearlsnow
pearlsnow

I didn't really think that I would like this at first, but since I got it today as a present I decided to give it a chance. And I was very surprised!!
I have been wearing it for about 4 hours now. At first it is a very strong scent and you can smell lots of various scents. Then in hour 5, as I am in it now, it slowly begins to dissapear and you can smell strong amber now.
I love it , I have a 50ml bottle and I would surely reccomend this to everyone.

Juliana6

I remember having described it as a sparkling, modern and joyful scent. Yesterday I used up my little sample of this and felt like I had lost something. Today I couldn't help buying a full bottle.
Truly "Diorish"(same expensive and sophisticated vibe), golden, well blended and elegant scent in a nice bottle. Definitely not a cheap "celebrity water".

SS79

WOW - Amazing blind buy!!! I can't stop smelling my wrist! :-) I get nothing like Hilary Duff With Love, which I am glad bc I already have that. This is much more of a sweet warm scent... my god! LOVE IT!!

love45
love45

This is another Shakira perfume that I like very much! It smells a bit mature to me because it is an oriental perfume. I smell amber the most. I also smell Tonka bean which is not in this perfume. It could be the peaches but either way, I love it and I would recommend it. There is the initial smell that reminds me of Beyoncé heat...just a little bit because they are both oriental scents! :)

Juliana6

I am surprised- it smells really, really great! Soft but in the same time it has that alive, sparkling vibe Dior and Chanel chypre have. I smell a mixture of fresh cut flowers and delicious citruses with a hint of honey (that's what makes it close to EL Sensuous).
A lovely summer scent!

pamela091083
pamela091083

Este perfume es muy rico lo compre para regalarselo a mi máma ya que a ella le gusta los aromas suaves y este le va muy bien en su piel, el frasco de 80 ml es muy económico $32.00 y es version Eau of toilette, su duración es debíl ya que es toilette pero es buena opción de verano para oler bien pero que no vaya a cambiar el aroma con el sudor y calor de verano, es muy rico se los recomiendo es la versión gourmet de los perfumes de shakira, aunque hubiera preferido que fuera perfume =)

liiva
liiva

Nice oriental! First time too sweet and impersonal. After some hour this starts to be better. Very good balanced. Not very shrill amber and nice sweetness and so soft peach! Mmm! Nice, sensual and warm!

jucika
jucika

Lovely, my favorite these days :)

asta.ksivickaite
asta.ksivickaite

lovely smell, really peachy, but fresh. i think it is perfect for spring.

TessMc
TessMc

I tested this today. Of all her perfumes, this is the one I like the most. The opening is spicy, musky.. and then the heart of the fragrance comes up with peach, a lovely and delicious peach. The longevity is moderate (6 hours on my skin) and the sillage is soft to moderate. But would I buy it? no. Why? Elixir doesn't evolve, it stays the same and it smells generic, like hundred other fragrances out there. Very "Avon". Right now I'm looking for a complex and longlasting scent, something unique and a little bit stronger, that screams quality and that stands out. This isn't it.

sparkybish
sparkybish

I might be aging myself with this reference, but to me, this smells like a lighter version of Revlon's Unforgetable, which I wore in high school. I checked the notes, and they are very similar. Vindication!

I don't know if I will wear it very often, but I will keep it around for the nostalgic blast it brings me when I smell it. It's like Christmas 1992 all over again each time I sniff.

killer__queen
killer__queen

Ohhh boy, I can't say enough good things about this perfume. On me, it starts off fresh and powdery but soon changes to the sweet soft peppery somewhat powdery scent that lasts about 4 hours when layered on clothes and skin. I don't get amber whatsoever (which is okay with me).

I tried and bought this at Kohl's. They offer 1 and 1.7 oz bottles at 30-something and 40-something OR, you could be like me and get the 2.5oz for $27 and some change because it comes in a holiday box set with a big lotion and some dinky lipgloss.

I really have to say though that when I tested it, all day long it reminded me of a powdered donut! Now that I own it, it still smells like that or a regular plain donut-- And I LOVE it :D

Rachaelloraine
Rachaelloraine

This perfume brings me back to my grandmother's house when she made cobblers all the time.
I think it's the peach/brown sugar/amber combination.
I believe I'm partial to this perfume for the nostalgia it brings to me, but the scent is nothing extraordinary.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

I can see why this must be so nice on many women. In spite of the lovely notes, it is nowhere near lovely on me!

My chemistry rarely allows me to wear newer scents. A reliance on freesia and the use of certain chemicals seems to be the cause.

On the card this smells quality - and even expensive - so I would encourage everyone to ignore opinions and just TRY some!

buren
buren

I am enjoying Elixer very much: bought myself a birthday bottle today.
With several spritz, I'm getting the full palette of orange, pepper, light flowers..even cedar...not too much amber. I'm not into super amber, so that's fine.

At first (with only one spritz) I wondered if Elixer compared to Chantilly, Quelques Fleurs or even Maja {I have all three original, so I tested it out}. It was clear that carnation & spice dominated Chantilly, floral notes ran Quelques Fleurs...warm roses, Maja.

Elixer is much lighter &, to me, unexpected. It is softer & integrates well with my own skin smell.

I found this to be true with Shakira's S (suggests mango, melons, peaches) & Eau Florale (suggests berries, maybe strawberries, cranberries)...this is why I wanted Elixer for my birthday...

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Snagged a sample paper of this on a whim, and tried it this morning. The notes sounded right up my alley--I just wish there'd been a bit more perfume on the sample, as it's hard to get a sense of the true fragrance. From what I can tell, it is indeed a spicy amberic fragrance. It is reminiscent of a strong Chai tea--warm, spicy, slightly sweet. I do sense a very light fruity-floral-ness to this, but it definitely takes a backseat to the other notes.

Think I'll be heading to Walgreens for another sample and a full on spritz of this--and then, maybe add it to my Christmas list!

I have to say, I think the bottle is fun (anyone else reminded of the bottle from "I love Genie"?!) and wish I could find the skirt Shakira is wearing in the promo.

Edit: Tried one spritz of this at the store. It's pretty strong, got a blast of pepper that almost made me sneeze and drowned out the rest of the spices. It seems to be drying down to an amber, but it's still very strong and peppery.

sugahuni
sugahuni

Absolutely beautiful! Her best perfume yet.

b.a.denney

I smelled this tonight, and it was pretty spicy. A little too much so. From the notes this is listed as having, it really sounds like one I'd love. I love Amber in perfumes, but I just found this to be too heavy and spicy...almost masculine. If I found it on a good sale maybe I'd try it. I smelled it on my daughter who spritzed it on herself and she hated it. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it a lot either. Maybe after it is worn a while it gets better? And to me this is not really like others have said how it smells like Hilary Duff's With Love. This is much darker and heavier.

sherryxfilesfan
sherryxfilesfan

By far the best from Shakira. It has a very nice sweet amber smell to it. I don't get any cedar however.

WesFeitosa
WesFeitosa

I really liked this perfume. it is a nice well sweetie. reminds me of the "Black XS for Her"
but I did not like fixing it. compared to other brand perfumes, is very weak. 2 to 3 hours at maximum.

belle.le.disko
belle.le.disko

This is the first Shakira fragrance I have tried, so I had no idea what to expect. I immediately saw the bottle as an imitation of Dior's J'Adore bottle-- and, I agree that imitation is the best form of flattery. (I love that bottle).

With the perfume, I was pleasantly surprised—eventually.

Upon first sniffing this on the tester paper and then from the mist I spritzed into the air, I smelled only Baby Powder. Perhaps some flowers lurked beneath the baby powder smell..?

After about 10 minutes on my skin, the fragrance was 80% baby powder with about 10% white floral and 10% amber & musk. It had a grandma- like smell, and it also had an intriguing and barely identifiable fragrance beneath of flowers and amber and many other scents. It was a mystery has to how this scent would progress—or, if it would progress.

Over the next hour, the scent slightly weakened and faded on me as I began to smell pine, pepper, musk, and lots of amber. The scent changed from synthetic, cheap and unpleasant to a little heavy with amber and baby powder and spices and orange blossom.

From Hour One until the scent died, I could sense strong notes of orange blossom, freesia and amber; medium intensity peaches, cedar and musk; and slight notes of baby powder (now not overpowering or sweet), pine, black pepper and leather.

I saw styrax was listed as a scent. I won't vote on it since styrax has always been a mystery for me: sometimes it smells floral, sometimes it smells like motor oil. Perhaps the leather I smelled was the styrax… perhaps it was a leather scent.

This fragrance was sultry—there was nothing clean or girly about it. I would recommend this for more mature woman, a woman who is confident and poised while also casual and seductive.

I feel this fragrance is wonderful for the fall, and possibly for the winter. With the right coolness of weather, this sultry fragrance will make a great scent for the right person. Just be sure to work that badass attitude, ladies!

It would work best as a night scent, and it is definitely a good boudoir scent.

The fragrance begins pretty strong. I didn’t do a sillage test, though I felt everyone within 5 feet of me could smell the perfume for the first 30 minutes. By Hour One, the sillage seemed quite week, and the perfume lasted decently long on me—about 4 hours.

I would recommend this perfume for the cool months ahead—perhaps the smell won’t take so long to regulate on other people.

dmaw
dmaw

Same old, same old. Sultry, warm scent.

Babybenzz
Babybenzz

Shakira's perfumes all have a different smell!
And unlike others she puts time in them and works with the team, not just sniffing some unreleased samples and going like, ''oh yeah this one is good, put my name on it and sell it''.

She makes them close to perfection, and i think she accomplished that with Elixir(and S by Shakira)♥

c3c
c3c

I also tried this at Kohls today, completely jumping at the excitement of something new to try (yay!!!). Sadly that excitement didn't last long. It is sooooo similar to Halle Berry Hale and Hilary Duff With Love with a wink and a nod to Burberry Brit Gold. It's not that it doesn't smell nice, it just made me want to yawn. I can't wear With Love or Hale even though I enjoy them so plop this into that category and there ya have it.
End of story = nothing new. But that's not uncommon with perfumes now is it?

mrjls
mrjls

Sounds interesting I wanna try it because I liked her other perfumes

Vamy69
Vamy69

Tried this at Kohl's today. Very nice I must say. On me the amber, brown sugar and balminess (is that even a word?-lol) come out to play. There is something about this that reminds me of her other perfume "S." I really like it and the lasting power is pretty good too. I would pick up a bottle of this if it was in sale but it is not something I would have to have and pay big bucks for.

Flowercat
Flowercat

Loved the artsy design on the box and bought it unsniffed figuring I would be supporting my beloved Shakira even if I hated it. "Hate" is a little strong, but it's not for me...this spicy, bold concoction is for a woman with sassy spirit and one who loves the spotlight. Nice scent, but I must admit I think more masculine nice than feminine nice...reminds me of one of those scented pine pillows. Lovely & charming but not as a perfume. Give me sweet stuff for my skin!
That said, I bet loads of people will enjoy this mysterious, sort of Egyptian-feeling fragrance. I'm heading to the sink to scrub it off and reapply my mild-mannered Vanilla Lace.

graceadlerk
graceadlerk

Tried this at Kohls today, sprayed it on around noon..it's 8:38pm now and I can still smell it. It's nice.

Jenavira
Jenavira

Tried this on randomly at Kohl's yesterday and was rather surprised at how intriguing this was, if someone gave me a bottle I wouldn't be mad. It does start off sweet but then dries down to a rather tropical clean floral that is tinged with a clean woody incense musk, it actually smelled decently unique.

artemis27
artemis27

Nice Notes, very exotic - I'd love to try this.
I also LOVE her skirt: Its beautiful. Its also a nice commercial: something refreshingly different from the usual sexed-up advertisements. Way to go Shakira! :)

Elixir by Shakira 3.65 out of 5 based on 201 ratings and 48 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Shakira Elixir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Shakira Elixir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Elixir by Shakira. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Elixir by Shakira represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.