Designers » R S » Floral Fruity « Groups

Rock! by Shakira Shakira for women
dislike

tropical
Rock! by Shakira Shakira for women Videos
Rock! by Shakira Shakira for women Pictures Rock! by Shakira Shakira for women Pictures Rock! by Shakira Shakira for women Pictures Rock! by Shakira Shakira for women Pictures Rock! by Shakira Shakira for women Pictures

Shakira launches her new fragrance called Rock!. The fragrance is apparently an expression of her most daring part and is a celebration the music that moves the world. She wanted to capture that intense, indescribable feeling and moment of anticipation and excitement while going up on stage.

This is a scent of raw power and energy. The composition is fresh and sharp floral-fruity. It opens with fresh Italian bergamot and sparkling, citrus notes of lemon and green mandarin. Passion fruit gives the composition strength and makes it energetic and urban, while the heart includes feminine notes of jasmine and orange blossom. The base captures patchouli, cedar and amber.

The fragrance comes in a gold bottle shaped like an electric guitar. Available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette. Rock! by Shakira was launched in 2014.

Bergamot Lemon Green Mandarin Passionfruit

Surreal Ocean

Rock! by Shakira Fragrance Reviews

raiza1990
raiza1990

This one is a soft and feminine fragrance. i think it should be called "Folk" instead of Rock, it reminds me much more of Shakira´s early songs like Antologia and Moscas en la casa than of her more rocker singles.
This fragrance has a quiet tropical vibe to it, nothing like the fruity summer cocktails from Escada, for example. This one is elegant and low profile.
Main note for me is Passion Fruit, it really dominates this fragrance, but it is not too strong, it gets softened by the flowers.
Overall a nice perfume if you like soft, fruity scents with a tropical touch to it.

peferrarine

i already did a review a while ago about this one, but after wearing it enough (i used to take it with me in my work bag) i need to change my statement a little bit.

Is is nice? Not quite. It smells very synthetic, like products you would use to clean you house. Lacks a certain quality, cause the notes are really good in my opinion, but they are done in a very cheap way.

I would recommend this for teens who doesn't really care about fragrances, but wants to wear more than the usual deodorant.

For someone who's entering in the fragrance universe, and needs to buy cheap fragrances to know what the notes may smell like.

margarita.angelova
margarita.angelova

This is the most basic and cheepish smelling everyday fruity-floral you can imagine but if you're not insisting on something extra about the way you smell, it's a great choice. It's uninterestingly pleasant and surprisingly longlasting. I can still feel it after a whole day of wear.

peferrarine

Initial blast: mandarin, bergamot and passion fruit. Citrus with a sweet fruity touch, not very 'real', but not overly synthetic. Almost like a powder juice (chemical, but similar to the natural version).

After a few minutes, the flowers starts to bloom. The most prominent for me is the orange blossom. In that moment, the fragrance gets really soft on my skin. Powdery and soft, almost like i took a shower and the soap scent lingered on my skin.

From the base notes, i get the musk and the cedar (with a tiny little hint of amber). Very green.

Is soft, fresh and after-shower-like. It does not make a statement. It is not a powerhouse. It won't exude from your skin. It won't enter a room before you do.

Great for a summer cologne. Great for all year round, actually, although is SUPER SOFT in colder weather. Great for gifts. Great for who's starting into fragrances and needs one for every occasion.

Very unisex (it reminds me of a cheap flowery version of CK One).

AVASCONCELOS
AVASCONCELOS

PERFUME SUPER DELICIOSO, REFRESCANTE, SENSUAL, EM MIM FIXOU MUITO BEM E EXALOU MELHOR AINDA, CUSTO BENEFÍCIO EXCELENTE.

Elmyra
Elmyra

I was given a sample of this in the store, as i was testing some designer frags. I wouldnt have tried Shakira's scents normally, as i hear they dont last too long.
(Btw i do like celeb scents, particularly JLo and Rihanna - decent stuff, one of the best.)

So i tried my sample of Rock! today...hmm its actually quite nice!!!

Fresh and citrusy at first spray, then it settles down to more powdery notes. It remains fruity throughout, and after the powdery notes settle some more, more fruity notes appear once again, the passion fruit in particular.

None of the notes stand out however, which i think is good for this scent, they are blended very smoothly.
(Some reviews mention notes are similar to Aguilera's Secret Potion...indeed...but imo Potion's notes, each one, stands out more...)

I really like this frag, surprisingly, as i wasnt even shopping at the celeb frags shelf. I just got to try this sample in the most random way
It doesnt last very long, but is noticeable enough after and hour or two. But then again, i do love sillage monsters, and if i get this scent Rock, id be re-applying constantly :)

During the drydown of the base notes, after about the first hour, strangely enough, this reminded me a little bit of Bvlgari's pour Femme, the good old classic.
But just a little bit!!! :)

Which id say is quite a compliment for Rock.

Regarding the bottle, i don't know anything about Bond No 9 as ive never ever seen their scents...where im at (South Africa) usually only famous & / or mainstream sells. Bond No 9 is probably considered very niche.
Just btw...

cande.elias
cande.elias

disgusting, sorry but gave me a serious headache

matej.jedvaj
matej.jedvaj

i hate it when people comment without even sniffing a fragrance.....i thought this would suck big time, and then i saw it on the shelf and then after ignoring it i had to try it out both on paper and on my skin......first thought is YUCK garbage like citrus...but then after 5 seconds it begins to shine fresh citrus with just a little sweetness but so good i could not believe it for that price to be so good and so long lasting...i can still sniff it of my wrist after 5 hours....it doesn't change like other stuff but it is a great scent for day or evening all year for both guys and girls...this is nothing complicated, it's simple but very good (it's like a light version of eau de gaga 001)...i will buy it in the future

btw i'm a tall masculine 21 year old guy but don't divide fragrances by gender (it's just stupid in the 21st century) and please stop correcting me on the "perfume is for girls scents and cologne is for guy scents", it's the same thing and what do you call the unisex ones....perfume is a nice word and i'll stick with that

Natalia Oviedo
Natalia Oviedo

I received this the fragrance today for my birthday and to be honest I don't understand why so much people dislike it, I think its a wonderful fragrance I love it! Besides my love for shakira, I love the citrus and the freshness of rock, it reminds me of summer maybe, I think its ideal for those sunny days, I love how it stands out from my collection and I love the bottle, YES it has a similarity to bond no. 9 but I find this one a little bit edgier, I just love it!

lisetlu22
lisetlu22

I can see why you said that it´s very Bond n° 9, but if you know a little bit about perfumes, you must know that are so many bottles, fragrances and ideas too similar but not the same. This is not very Bond, the curves are not the same, the shapes are not the same, the general idea is not the same. Actually, I prefer the Rock! one, it´s more like a real star, not too perfect o geometric. I like so much Aquamarine, so I need to try this!!

lizzyshreds
lizzyshreds

This has a lot of the same notes of Secret Potion by Christina Aguilera.

s_raquidan
s_raquidan

Uh oh! Has Bond No 9 seen this ? Lawsuit incoming ?

tahia_loky
tahia_loky

no dura casi nada el olor, es muy frutal... rico pero nada nuevo.

kithykatz
kithykatz

S aquamarine in other bottle....it is the same fragance..... i luv aquamarine .. i like the fragance but not new the bottle ,it looks cheap , and the name rock ??? it has nothing of rock... aquamarine's name color and bottle are cuter and more femenine

agoenk

and i forget , , , i think this one looks like unisex for me cause all the notes, well we'll see is this true can used by women and men too, , , hope so <3

agoenk

i think this one is unique for fisrt time cause i so adore her, , ,after a while it's so same with Bond No 9 collection for the bottle design, just a little shape diffrent in it, , ,if the lid more tall and shape like edge of guitar it will be more great, , ,
so look like guitar than Bond No 9, , ,but she just do like it, well is now not to good for me, but i'll buy it for sure just cause i'm a huge fans with her, , ,hope the smell not dissapointing , , ,<3 Shaki !

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

The bottle is very Bond No 9 !

Rock! by Shakira by Shakira 3.38 out of 5 based on 49 ratings and 17 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Shakira Rock! by Shakira fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Shakira Rock! by Shakira, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rock! by Shakira by Shakira. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rock! by Shakira by Shakira represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.