Designers » R S » Oriental Floral « Groups

S Shakira for women

S Shakira for women
dislike

S Shakira for women Pictures

Shakira is launching her new fragrance S Shakira in cooperation with Puig Beauty and Fashion Group. The fragrance was promoted in Spain on June 22nd 2010 and announced as an oriental-floral perfume with accentuated aromas of fresh and woody notes.

Perfume S by popular Shakira is as melodic and harmonious as her music. The new accords include essences of amber, benzoin, vanilla, fresh wood and Sambac jasmine.

“Just like a song, the perfume is composed of various, individual notes which make harmony“– said Shakira to the press.

Flacon of the new fragrance S by Shakira is created of high quality glass and its shape reminds us of belly dancer's body. Her curves watched from various corners suggest a feeling of movements and fluidity. Glass of the flacon is transparent and its liquid is golden yellow.

Jasmine

Sandalwood

Amber Benzoin Vanille

S Fragrance Reviews

Karineabdel
Karineabdel

Woody notes That blends with the skin. Makes me Think of Céline Dion Céline Dion.

Jomoves
Jomoves

I'm an oriental fragrance lover so checked this one out after reading the "light oriental" reviews on here.

While I agree that the lasting power is terrible and the bottle is adorable, I get NO oriental feeling from this at all. Smells to me like a standard light celebrity juice - a bit floral, a bit sweet, a bit vanillary. All in all a bit disappointing.

If you're after a mass market oriental style fragrance I'd recommend Halle by Halle Berry over this one any day.

S by Shakira is balmy, warm, and ambery. Thank you to a fellow Fragrantican for swapping me a small bottle of this. I loved it so much I bought the whole gift set. Athough it is somewhat sweet, there is a slight woody tone in this that separates it from most other sweet vanillas. I actually don’t get as much vanilla from this as I thought I would. I get more amber and sandalwood than vanilla. A warm, slightly sweet oriental, that dries down to a cozy skin scent. Love.

xtremix
xtremix

balsamic in a very synthetic, cheap and incorrect way!!! not for me

plumblossom
plumblossom

A pleasant fragrance, the first notes are very woody, almost masculine on me. After a while it becomes sweeter with the notes of vanilla and amber, and i can detect as well the freshness of jasmine. I could qualify this fragrance as a flowery vanilla.

LoveForYMCMB
LoveForYMCMB

This isn't as terrible as I expected from a shakira fragrance that's not Eau Florale. It's too soft for me (I Like strong fruity Florals), I only tried it from the bottle, but the next time I go to my grandma's house I will give this a second chance.....

Christina0065
Christina0065

Oh my gosh I Love this one!!! So sexy, soft, warm and just oozes sexy!! It was a blind buy based on the notes and I am in Love!! <3 :) I seriously think If a guy smelled this on a woman it might make him want to kiss her neck and whisper sweet nothings into her ear! ;)

ginaerdahl
ginaerdahl

This surprised me. I was expecting it to be a little heavier. I really don't get the woody, balsamic accords. It smells fruity to me. I really agree with another reviewer who said it reminds her of ysl's manifesto. I swear I smell the black current that manifesto opens with. It's a quieter version of manifesto, I actually like S better. The drydown of S has a slight soapiness in contrast to M's powder. The longevity seems to be very good. Overall I have enjoyed wearing this today. I'm going to have to think about buying it though. My usual style is a little less sweet, more mature scent. I see a casual but stylish woman in her twenties wearing this. Very pretty.

LaPetite
LaPetite

It's a pleasant surprise !
In my opinion it is not that generic ! I could swear there is a spicy note in there , and guess what , I have found out on a website that it has cinnamon ! And because of this, in my opinion, it canbe worn by both genders .
Me likey ^^
Here's what is said on Wikipedia about the notes : " The top notes include citrus, peach, and passion fruit chord; the heart notes give a "spicy freshness" through the use of various flowers like gardenia and sambac jasmine, and cinnamon; the base notes consist of amber, musk, sandalwood and vanilla chord "

angelleew
angelleew

Perfume is an obsession, and a couple of years ago, I had to have this. It has stayed in my perfume wardrobe, and this year was purchased again. The scent changes with the season, and in the warmer months it smells much more like SJP NYC, right now it smells like vanilla, musk, and there's a hint of floral, but for the life of me I can't pinpoint it. It is soft, embracing, cozy. This is a very nice, subtle scent. It will not knock you out, and it stays with me for 4 to 6 hours depending on how dry my skin is. It is like Eau Floral, on the very end of the dry down. For a while, there were marshmallows floating around me, and now it has settled down to a really soft, warm, sweet musk. In this cold season, it is a nice, warm scent that doesn't over power.

crikat
crikat

I am on a blind-buy spree. This was one after success with Shakira Elixir.
Shakira S is a vanilla-amber scarf wound too tightly around my neck as jasmine's gloved hand is smacking my cheeks and sandalwood, who is usually a good friend, is performing evil in my sinuses. Didn't work for me. Sigh.

dkny27
dkny27

When I originally tried this, I thought,"mmmm, warm, nutty, creamy coconut"; maybe it was the sweet vanilla. Now in cooler weather, the sweetness is evened out by the sandalwood and jasmine; it's depth is triangular.
Oddly enough, the sample spray on the card reveals the sharp benzoin, but on my skin, there is no detection whatsoever; which is too bad since I think it adds a bit of anise or licorice to the sweet.
With as many scents on the market that possess similar notes, this one really hits a chord that separates it from many others.
Longevity isn't stellar, but the sweetness lingers, which makes it nice for layering day into night.

vnic
vnic

I bought this perfume because it was on discount and it was really really cheap! I was surprised! it is a very pleasent sweet, oriental acquatic fragrance. I like wearing it on winter beacuse of the vanilla note and maybe i'am crazy but for me this perfume is like a watered down version of ysl manifesto! maybe because of the vanilla :)

Purrbaby
Purrbaby

This is one of the worst perfumes I've come across. Maybe it's my body chemistry, but it had an ammonia undertone to it. Even after it had been on me for a couple hours. It really made me a bit nauseas.

fformoso88
fformoso88

I LOVEEEE this fragrance. It smells amazing and it lasts a long time. Its perfect for any occasion and i love how the sandalwood stands out.

ryanhuynh
ryanhuynh

To me, it really like Christina Aguilera original. It's smell like vanilla showel gel. It's suitable for autumn. Yahh, it's remind me too much about the first tour I go to Malaysia, the scent Malaysian using in their hotel smelled really like this

Berth
Berth

this perfume reminds me of manifesto by YSL very much! soft, balmy and a little powdery, delicious

nordicnymphwitch
nordicnymphwitch

Eh, I love Shakira and I absolute love the way she writes "S" it's really cool looking.
However, this smells like a generic crappy chemical soup that's over powering.
I could easily imagine someone in a mid-life crisis wearing this haha.
It's just a very sickening smell, I mean, it's not terrible but it's just... chemically, very alcohol smelling.
In my opinion, sometimes you really do pay for quality and seeing as this stuff is barely 11$ you really are getting only 11$ worth out of this.
I'd say 5 out of 10.

childofvenus6
childofvenus6

I purchased 2 - 1 fl. oz. S Shakira Perfumes bout 9 mos. ago. Have to say, this is one of my fav. fragrances. On a scale of 1 to 5, have to rate this one a 5. I personally wear this scent for work for the reason, it's light & fresh & so it won't offend others. I receive many compliments from co-workers when wearing this perfume. It's a definitely a day-time fragrance & a Fall Season kind of scent, as well. I used up one of the perfume bottles & have one more left. :) Once used up, I intend to repurchase this product.

P.S. I lov the amber, vanilla, the fresh wood & Sambac Jasmine notes.

Eicher
Eicher

S by Shakira is a sweet, balmy fragrance. On my chemistry, the vanilla and amber are the most noticeable notes - I cannot feel any jasmine at all, though (actually none jasmine scents are powerful on my skin). This fragrance is nice to wear during fall and perhaps also spring for younger generation (20's).

Unfortunately, on me both sillage and longevity are pretty week. This is the reason why I won't buy this perfume in the future. However, the quality vs. price is rather fair.
Please, try this scent on your skin before purchasing a bottle. If it lasts, then it's definitely a good buy.

love45
love45

I am really loving Shakira's perfumes and this one is no exception! It is a fun, soft and delicious perfume! The drydown feels soapy to me which I also like. It is not super sweet, and I can detect vanilla and sandalwood the most which makes it smell creamy as well.It makes it feel like a clean scent which is also nice! :)

lizzie81
lizzie81

For me this perfume is Jasmine, powdery and sweet and I absolutely love it! On initial spray it does smell somewhat artificial and there is an ever so slight sharpness that I detect which is producing this 'artificiality'. However, after about 20 mins on me (this may differ from person to person) the top softens and I am left with a beautiful benzion balminess backed up with a gorgeous dose of lovely sandalwood!

This definitely needs to absorb into the skin to reach its full potential, which on me softens the beginning and brings the woody note up front to join the sweetness from the vanilla and benzion. That being said this is in no way a sweet sugary perfume, but think of the sweetness from an actual vanilla pod. At this point the Jasmine is all but gone and I cannot pick it out. This one sits very close to the skin but remains there determinedly, it melts into skin, it's like.....that's your aroma, rather than you've doused a big ol' loud perfume on.

Please give this one a go on your skin rather than a tester strip or sniffing from the bottle, body heat is a must to really experience this one. I would wear this all year round, it transports me to a sunny exotic destination and exudes a sense of calmness and tranquility.

I'd love to try her others but they are hard to come by here unfortunately. If I am ever in Spain again a truck load of back ups for this and the rest of the line are most definitely on my wish list!

soyuncolibri
soyuncolibri

Me encanta! Siempre que me lo pongo me preguntan por él, y cuando les digo que es el de Shakira nadie me cree. El aroma que toma en mi cuerpo no es para nada "barato", tiene buena durabilidad y es dulce pero muy rico. En mi experiencia es un muy buen perfume y por el precio es excelente, pero como todos los perfumes, siempre huele diferente en cada persona.

NYCTiffany
NYCTiffany

This perfume is ok, Its worth buying if you can find it for cheap. It is very powdery on me and for some reason it smells like a hint of Lemon.. like a Lemon dipped in baby powder. its not memorable but it is not offensive. This is a very "Safe" perfume. It would make a Great stocking stuffer or random small gift. If you are a perfume collector or snob i would skip this one.

polecat
polecat

Something magical happens when this hits my skin....It transforms into a lush soft creamy jasmine and sandalwood sitting on a golden amber and vanilla base. It smells cuddly and adorable and almost furry. Now at first you think 'yeah yeah a reserved vanilla floriental with barely any spice but then....OH! the dry down...it's sexy musky amber with a tiny hint of vanilla and jasmine...I feel like a golden sexpot goddess, seriously!

It has moderate silage, I get gentle wafts of this pretty scent reaching my nose now and again reminding me that I am a gilded aphrodite.

I have a 50ml but I'm going to check the shop where I purchased it and see if I can get a back up.

brenda.arellano001
brenda.arellano001

I'm at crossroads with this perfume. I'm not sure if I love it entirely. It's neither here nor there for me. Skakira's Florale is great. I also prefer Elixir to this one. Although I no longer have it, it reminds of a lighter version of Sean John Unforgivable woman. I get floral with heavy amber; it's not so much sweet as it is extremely creamy, and I believe can become a suffocating scent during the summer months. That being said, it is best reserved for cooler nights. The staying power is great, it's an adult fragrance, and the warmth intensifies the sexy. If you like warm, full bodied florals, this is one for you. If you prefer sweeter, fresher scents, skip this one.

spela
spela

I really started liking this perfume just a moment I tried it today. I kept smelling it during the day and then I suddenly realized that I once had a perfume that was very much alike (but it lasted much longer:))
In my opinion it is very similar to Chopard's Wish.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Unremarkable but pleasant fruity top notes of lemon and raspberry with hints of cassis quickly give way to a spare, slightly dissonant vanilla-amber drydown. This is the smell of a friendly shampoo, initialed by a beautiful and talented blonde who ceased making musical headlines years ago. I want the celebrity back, but you can keep her perfume.

althea.brown.925
althea.brown.925

I love this scent. However I will not buy another bottle because the scent does not last unless I douse myself in it. I feel like I have wasted my money. Does anyone know of a similar scent with better longevity?

Celticprincess
Celticprincess

This fragrance is the aromatic translation of shakira's image. Though that can be a terrible thing. Kudos to the nose behind the scent, they've managed to make a fragrance that screams Shakira. As far as design synthesis goes, this perfume is almost perfect. You smell it and think "yes, this IS Shakira" and that's no small feat.
All that being said, I really dislike this perfume. It's too sweet and strong for me and, frankly, it smells cheap. Sort of what Shakira has become in the past few years. It would have been interesting to see what fragrance would have resulted from the same synthesis process in the 90's when Shakira was a completely different kind of artist (I love her work from back then and what she was about). Still, I can't stress enough how good this fragrance is designwise.

dazydeadpetals
dazydeadpetals

This scent is soft and subtle. Like spraying on a pretty sweater, or receiving a soft hug. It is light but warm, pretty and serious. Well balanced and inoffensive. The notes listed are pretty accurate. Balmy, moderately floral and resinous. This is a comfort scent.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

Apparently I am on a celeb fragrance testing spree, and Shakira S is my most recent encounter.

Looking at the design of the flacon - the actual glass part is nice enough, but I think the gold matte metal looks tacky. It wouldn't necessarily keep me from buying the fragrance if I enjoyed it enough, and being that the fragrance itself isn't overly pricey I guess I couldn't expect a whole lot of money/effort to go into the container...

Fragrance wise, I don't find this one to be an overly seductive, original scent, but I do like it. It seems very simple to me, a basic vanilla-jasmine blend, not overly woody or complex. For the price, I think this is an enjoyable enough fragrance, and I think it would be a scent for daily use when you just want something simple and comforting. The lasting power is decent, but sillage is next to nothing. It would take close quarters to be able to smell this on another person, which makes this ideal for office environments.

At least on my skin, any comparion to candy or sweets is, thankfully, misleading. While "S" is somewhat sweet, which is to be expected with prominent vanilla, it isn't edible. The jasmine is just strong enough to keep the vanilla in check.
I also don't find this overly woody, and is definitely feminine - no masculine vibe here!

I wouldn't say to expect spectacular performance from "S", but it does the job.

UPDATE: Interesting.. as I am wearing this, I am getting a slight woody note that is almost cedar like... I really have to try to discern it, doesn't stand out, but it is interesting... I kind of like that!

UPDATE #2: I have worn this a few more times since reviewing and I have to say, each time I wear it I like it more and more! It is a really simple, linear perfume. There is something really "zen" about this perfume - it is relaxing in an interesting way, and I find myself really enjoying it. :)

nananessa
nananessa

Shakira has managed to produce one celeb vanilla base fragrance that I DO like.

You know, this fragrance matches her well, too, with her incredibly sexy moves & provocative songs with their rhythmic heart. She oozes smoldering Latina sex appeal in her own uniquely mesmerizing way.

The simplicity of this fragrance is astounding in it's ability to seem more complex. I think the benzoin is what I always detect that helps add to it's unique appeal. The jasmine is seductive as always & the pronounced sandlewood scent is strong enough to keep this from being just another vanilla scent. The vanilla is soft, not too sweet, & what sweetness evolves on me is the jasmine. It does manage to pull off my favorite of the florals---the orientals.

This is a drugstore treasure at it's affordable price & works well as any time go to staple.

buren
buren

I am quite fond of Shakira's S.
I own a good collection of vintage perfumes, but many of them are "too good" in the sense that their power, longevity & sillage carry all too well in a world where some folks have developed sensitivities to fragrances or fragrance mediums.
Shakira's collection (I own Eau Florale, S & Elixer) are delicate & distinct fragrances, blending astonishingly well with my own skin chemistry & smells.
S balances wood, jasmine & vanilla in such a warm & rounded way that it almost suggests "edible"!
Interestingly, Eau Florale suggests berries & fresh water & air..(& has more sillage)....& Elixer (a hard opening punch, but then a ghost) is a crazy ghost of orange blossom & pepper (symbolizing "marry me & then some!")...Loca!

AddictedToLife
AddictedToLife

Is it similar to Dior Hypnotic Poison?

nightcat23
nightcat23

What a nice comfort scent this is! It's simple, classy, slightly sweet and very cozy. The soft jasmine makes it smell clean, the benzoin makes the vanilla and amber fluid and cohesive and the sandalwood blends everything nicely together. There's nothing sickeningly sweet about it or syrupy. It's balanced well and it's not too much of anything.

I was quite impressed with this one. There's nothing harsh or screechy about it. It's lovely. A great everyday scent as well as perfect for fall and winter.

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

I blind bought this for just £6.49 on ebay, I had read good reviews and I thought the notes sounded pretty.
Shakira S is very warm, sweet vanilla with a hint of wood and gentle flowers. It's a simple scent and wouldn't offend anyone. I am really enjoying wearing it. I think it's most suitable for autumn or winter wear as it's really cosy and comforting. Perfect for evenings snuggled around a fire. This is alot sweeter than I imagined but I don't mind as I love sweet scents! It lasted about 3-4 hours on my skin. The only downside is there isn't a cap for it but I guess I'm just being picky.

Overall, a beautiful warm, sweet vanilla fragrance that is cosy and comforting for cool days. I'm very impressed, Shakira has done a marvellous job. I think this could be worn by all ages. Highly recommended. I most certainly will be buying a larger bottle after I finish my current one!

stephis26
stephis26

I have try it on today...its just how I imagine a Shakira parfum could be it's kinda plain I only smell fruit, vanilla some floral and musk its good but the lasting power on me was very poor it didn't get to last 15 minutes on my skin up

amy1983
amy1983

I had the lotion and two bottles of it and it smells vanilla-ish. Nice and not too strong. As for the bottle shape,someone I know actually thought it was a lightbulb! Anyway,it reminds me of Avon's Chic in white.

karenrobert
karenrobert

if you like spicy strong perfumes that is different than most sweet feminine cuddly perfumes on the market today, you might appreciate this fragrant. It's strong with some medicinal top notes. It will project far and wide for your grand taste. On me it only lasts for about half and hour or so and I couldn't detect anything any more. Young girls might not appreciate this intense perfume while older folks probably find it sexy.

shinelle_b
shinelle_b

Beautiful perfume, but it doesn't last very long :( When I tried it, it starts out very floral and sweet... bordering on too sweet. But the only thing that stuck around on the dry down was the sweet notes. My skin does some strange stuff to perfume.

However I did smell this on a friend and it was amazing and creamy.

urabrisa
urabrisa

Empalagoso, ideal para salir para las noches de invierno y querer seguir oliendo a perfume 30 horas después.

luxlover
luxlover

Spicy sultry scent which I agree with a reviewer below that it's not the normal sweet celeb frags. Although I like it, I don't think it's very original. It can smell pretty mature too, so it's a perfume I would not wear to feel young and fresh. Nice oriental scent but not the perfume I'd always reach for.

smellitivity
smellitivity

S starts florally vague, but then it gets a more clear oriental and woody personality.

I found it warmer in the heart notes, and vanilla-sweet in the dry down. However, it won't be too too cloying, also because florals will remain in the background.

I think the best use would be outside work: the sweet notes can be quite attractive, especially from a short distance.

S by Shakira is a gorgeous fragrance, quite unlike your average celebrity scent. It's very smooth and delicate in terms of composition; being inoffensive and pleasant. I find it easily versatile and warm on my skin. I have even considered adding this fragrance to my ever-growing collection.

It strikes me as being a little similar to Jennifer Aniston's Lolavie. Both fragrances are simplistic yet grown-up and seductive. S by Shakira has a beautiful, soothing creaminess which hits you straight away. I applaud this not so sweet approach towards a vanilla scent.

I really don't consider S by Shakira a gourmand. It is not foody at all, more oriental and clean. This fragrance is almost as stunning as Shakira is herself. I am really pleased that this fragrance was released in my country. I do hope to smell more of it on passers by.

Although vanilla pretty much sums up this fragrance's composition, there is a juicy passionfruit accord in the opening, and a dusty sandalwood note in the base. It may not be the most complex fragrance, but that's not to say that there's no complexity at all. I personally found the development colourful and appealing on the skin.

Despite the sillage being rather weak, the lasting strength proved to be one of S by Shakira's good points. For the rather inexpensive price tag, you get something really impressive and sexy, which shouldn't deter anyone. I highly recommend.

antonpan
antonpan

Definitely one of the best celebrity fragrances I've ever smelled. Reminds a bit of Carolina Herrera 212 VIP. I feel a beautiful vanilla (smells like a passion fruit in 212 VIP) on floral base. In a whole the scent is not yet sweet or fruity and not floral at the same time. Something in the middle. And, yes, it is really warm.

pinkmuzic
pinkmuzic

I'd REALLY LOVE TO GET THIS ONE?? ANYONE HAVE A SWAP FOR ME :D XOXOXO

damewolf13
damewolf13

Nicely Spicey! This is a very aromatic floral with something just a little bit different about it.
The jasmine and sandalwood blend well with the amber and vanilla, and I can pick them all out seperately in this spicey floral blend, but then there is just a slight edge that most florals don't have. Must be the benzoin? Anyway, whatever it is, I like it a lot.
This scent doesn't have great longevity,so I keep it in my purse and re-apply every couple of hours.

Rachaelloraine
Rachaelloraine

When I smelled this on the tester strip, I didn't really think anything of it.
I put a spritz on my wrist and went to work. I caught whiffs of it throughout the day and couldn't stop smelling my wrist!
To me the smell is lovely, delicate, natural and warm... I don't really feel like I'm wearing perfume. Just what I want!
If you are looking for that perfume that everyone will remember you by, this isn't it, but I don't think it's supposed to be!

On the first sprays I can smell the jasmine and vanilla, and later the amber and sandalwood come out.

Blimunda
Blimunda

This is the most cute and gentle celebrity perfume I came across, so far... A cozy fragrance for everyday wear, one of those "safe" blind buys for everyone who likes gourmand fragrances!

It gives the impression of slightly sugared exotic juicy smell. A bit of bubble-gummy jasmine topped with adorable vanilla cream. Nothing extraordinary, new, unique, but big + for not being synthetic nor overwhelmingly sweet!

It has great lasting power and good projection.

sugahuni
sugahuni

A beautiful,sensual fragrance.Delightful.

cassibella
cassibella

This fragrance makes me feel like I'm wrapped in a cozy cashmere sweater. It's not too heavy to wear during the day, and is a great scent to wear during the fall and winter seasons--very warm and comforting with the vanilla and sandalwood, and the jasmine adds a hint of sultriness.

Oddly enough, I find that on my skin it doesn't have the weak staying power that others have mentioned. I can put it on before going to work a twelve-hour shift and still smell it on my wrist when I come home afterward. Not at all bad for an inexpensive perfume!

It is a rather linear scent--it smells roughly the same throughout the day, but for me that simple consistency sort of adds to the feeling of comfort I get from it.

All in all, definitely a favorite. :)

shay1287
shay1287

I like this scent...its mellow and is very nice for work (nothing is more annoying than a strong perfume in the office, pushing through the vents). It allows you to smell fresh and subtle if someone get close enough. It reminds me of "Perry Ellis 18" for women; to me they smell exactly alike!! but the perry ellis has more staying power...

MimilovesBritney
MimilovesBritney

I got the giftset with Body lotion and lip balm, and seriously, do not use the perfume and lotion together unless you want to stink the place out. Absolutely divine smell, I get vanilla and a honey like smell on my skin, but it lasts forever on me and is very strong so I cannot use the lotion as well, I have tried wearing just the lotion itself on its own and that seems to do the trick :) Beautiful celebrity scent!

Agni
Agni

Fragancia normal, para la gente que le guste La vainilla, es lo que más resalta y un breve período de tiempo el jazmin. En mi país llegó en epoca de calor, por ende cuando lo probé me invadió bastante la vainilla y me mareo... poca duración.

SandraV
SandraV

To me this smells as if you took B&BW Japanese Cherry Blossom,removed any trace of cherry and stuck in more vanilla.JCP used to be one of my favorite scents and I wore it all the time-I got sick of the cherry note so this is perfect.It goes on really strong and powdery but dries down to a warm cozy scent pretty fast.I like it a lot-not quite a love but only because I wish the amber and benzoin were a bit stronger.Definitely a cold weather scent as it seems like it would be overwhelming in the summer.I like this one a lot more than the Eau Florale version.

nena18sept
nena18sept

on my skin smells just like japanese cherry blossom from bath and body works

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Extremely feminine and rich fragrance. I did not have high expectations as I usually approach celebrity fragrances with care.
S by Shakira is a definite luxury; it is perhaps the best combo of amber, vanilla and jasmine I have ever smelled.
It would make a great winter fragrance for both formal and informal occasions.
I purchased it blindly and it is one of those best blind buys I have ever made!
A bullseye!
The lasting power and silage is very decent for an EDT.
I am definitely wearing it tomorrow, it will wrap me up nicely like a cahsmere shawl on that crispy winter dark morning :-)

nysuperbe
nysuperbe

this perfume smells like bath and body works japanese cherry blossom body mist.. but this smells nice tho

Vamy69
Vamy69

I picked this up for half price on sale at Walgreens and I have to admit its not bad! On me alot of the vanilla, amber and sandalwood comes out with a small amount of jasmine lurking in the background. It is balmy and warm and a great scent for winter. So far the lasting power is pretty good too....going on 5 hours and counting. Now I am thinking I should go back tomorrow and get her other perfume which is also half price!

ilovesmells
ilovesmells

One of my ♥FAVORITE♥ perfumes of all time! Its strong but not overpowering. Its warm & I can smell every single note in this perfume. The lasting power is amazing, 8 hours or more. It smells very luxurious & expensive! The best part is the price! Its affordable! :) also, it smells very similar to Vera Wang Princess.

10/10 :)

stacia79
stacia79

Flowers dipped in butter and topped with marshmallow fluff. That's what I smelled. The staying power was weak. Overall, another wholly forgettable celebrity fragrance in a world already saturated with perfumes that smell like desserts.

Vampiraag
Vampiraag

It's a nice fragance reminds me something that I can't remember right now, after a certain time reminds me a little of I loewe You, Loewe.
The staying power is indeed very weak.

Sillykelly

This is a fragrance that I get compliments on every time I wear it, from men and women. It must have decent lasting power on me as well, because I've gotten compliments several hours after applying. I like it because it's not toooo floral, not too musk, not too sweet, but has a very nice balance of all. One of my favorite fragrances actually (and surprisingly).

sweetharmony
sweetharmony

This is a very sublte scent - perfect for every day use. It's vanilla and soft jasmine. It's a comforting scent that needs to be reapplied throughout the day, because it doesn't last very long. I like it.

takeasniff
takeasniff

Does anyone know if this is in Australia yet? I asked in Myer but they didn't know it existed and I asked a couple of pharmacies but they didn't know. Obviously it is probably on ebay but I would rather be able to test it somewhere?

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

I really like this one... it's very sexy. I see the comparison to Heidi Klums shine. All I have to say is that There's no comparison. Shakira's is a gorgeous sexy well balances volumptuous scent. almost feels tropical without the coconut sun tan lotion. And well Heidi's I wouldn't take off the shelves if they were giving it away. And that's not an exageration, not only is it nothing special, the perfumes that it resembles... even put it to shame. Not worth the time

Would be great for a night out on a summer evening. But it's also cozzy warm enough to wear fall/winter.

I'd say this is much more similar to Halle Berry's original both very nice. Will have to do side by side comparison and report back :)

jennifer.herndon
jennifer.herndon

I had such high hopes for this fragrance, it smells so nice in the bottle. The Jasmine was wonderful. Unfortunately, my body chemistry brings out the Amber and Sandalwood in this fragrance and makes them sickly sweet. Also, a small dot on my wrist ends up smelling like I took a bath in it.

I'm glad it works for other ladies, though :-)

Greenish Vanilla with a hint that might be jasmine on me. There's a wood note if you simply bathe in the stuff, but it's a sort of a fresh cut wood, almost like yellow sawdust without depth. The jasmine notes might be cleanly green, but they can't overcome the raw wood smell. It's very 'eh', not too exciting, I'm afraid, but also not bad.

MustangAnnie
MustangAnnie

Purchased this on a whim on sale, very pleasantly surprised. Opens cleanly with a strong burst of spice and jasmine that lingers for sometime before the vanilla and musk become present. On me, there is a hint of masculinity to it, the sandalwood, which seems to stick to my skin and stay there. I like this. One of those perfumes that whispers, "come closer" to anyone sitting next to you. Similar to JLo's Glow but much better. I can't see a teen pulling S off but an older woman who knows and is confident in herself and her femininity could melt men with this one. Very nice, more suitable for cooler months becuase of the spice and the woody notes in it. Lasting power is decent, tends to fade by the end of the day but works fine for a day at work. Paired with a scented lotion does make this one last longer. Smells a lot more expensive that it is.

micristal
micristal

I think it's just lovely. I adore how jasmine flowers smell. A friend of mine used to have a jasmine tree on her garden and I could stay there sniffing for hours. It's so hard to find it well reproduced on a perfume. To me it's usually just a shade of what the real thing smells like.

Well, this is not the case at all. In Shakira's S, the jasmine is just exquisit, it's smells exactly like it should, and the vanilla is an amazing complement.

This fragance is quite simple but the notes work really well together.

Don't be fooled by the "oriental" it shows on top. It's only because of the vanilla.

Sweet, feminine, extremely sexy. It's a safe bet.

i wore this today for the 1st time. this is a long-lasting (about 4-5 hrs, on me) sweet vanilla floral. i find this a very girly and attractive scent. i smell the vanilla first, and then you get the lovely jasmine and amber to balance it out. the sandalwood lessens the sweetness. i've really enjoyed wearing this creamy and warm feminine perfume today and am pleased with its lasting power.

8.5/10

fefi
fefi

sweet, warm but at the same time soft, it stays colse to your skin. a vanilla - woody scent.staying power 4-6 hors

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

oooohhh....rubbery amber...
i dont get l de lolita...
more like a feminine bvlgari black with this one
seriously sensuous buttercream amber and vanilla
mmmmm

krissycat
krissycat

I'm not sure if I'm crazy for thinking so but when I first spray S on I think of L by Lolita Lempicka. There is something that mildly reminds me of L but not as sweet, a much tamer version, not as gourmand. I really like S, enough that I wish I didn't have just a one ounce bottle. I'd like to buy the largest size if possible and the price is very reasonable. I'm looking forward to her new scent being out on the shelves so I can try out

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

This is a decent, warm, woody scent. However, it isn't must have. The bottle itself seems to be cheaply made.

rithacha
rithacha

I went through a manufacturer's sample of Shakira S and liked it less and less the more I used it. At first, it was a pleasant sheer vanilla-jasmine fragrance, and I appreciated it more so for being different from the typical celeb fruity-florals. It is a very simple and linear scent, with dry benzoin that appears late into the drydown and a powdery trail. A light oriental meant for daytime. Non-fussy and uncomplicated, yet filled with oriental warmth.

But Shakira S gets tiresome quickly. It has a plasticy syntheticness that becomes more apparent the more frequently it's worn. And it gets boring. Fast.

A nice perfume should be like a orchestral composition, with a single message conveyed through different voices weaving in and out. Shakira S is more like using a sledgehammer to bang the same chords on the piano over and over and over again.

I got so bored of this that "like" turned to "dislike" by the end of the 1ml sample.

MonarC
MonarC

Very strange smell. It's sweet, but very sharp too. So, I think it could be unisex frag. It's really sharp, dry, strong and very vanilla. This kind of parfumes, reminds me of a strong smells of 80s. This was disappointed for my and for my mom.

Tovah
Tovah

I think of this as my Hypnotic Poison for day wear. It has notes that, obviously, call to my mind Hypnotic Poison, as well as a couple other favorite nighttime sultry scents: Dior Addict, Jasmin Noir, and Sensuous Noir. S has excellent staying power on me, for a daytime scent, particularly in warm weather. It lasts well for 5-6 hours. I love that I can wear a sensuous, spicy scent that stays close to my skin, and feels light and clean. Usually fragrances with spicy, oriental notes tend to wilt anything in my wake, and irritate others in workplaces and elevators. S is beautifully blended to have the sexiness without the clobbering sillage. I smell notes of Arabian jasmine, warm amber, and a pinch of sweet vanilla. For the price, S is an exceptionally enjoyable fragrance.

karmas
karmas

Very sexy fragrance, and the dry down is fabulous! It was so cheap but definitely does not smell that way,it also lasts for a long time and I find myself taking sniffs of myself all day. Great find!

sweetlynda
sweetlynda

S Shakira fragrance smells somewhat Hypnotic Poison, but more light....only my opinion. :)

Scentaholic
Scentaholic

AT FIRST (and only for a few seconds) when I spray this it smells to me like a box of fruity pebbles! Haha does anyone else get that?!?! WEIRD I know but THEN it transforms into a sexy warm amber scent!!! It's slightly powdery on me too. I really like it. I happen to mix this fragrance with the Bath & Body Works Breathe Romance Amber Myrrh lotion (they smell a lot alike).

roo7i
roo7i

To me this perfume is like a diamond. It is very pleasant, clean smelling, mildly warm and sweet, excellent value, lasts 6 hrs plus on me BUT its flat linear fragrance and not daring/spicy/unique. I'm sure so many enjoy it like diamonds, but I find diamonds mundane, unimpressive and I'd rather spend money on/wear sapphires, rubies, etc. Like another reviewer said, this fragrance is "meh."

rehabnursevanessa
rehabnursevanessa

I have this and wear it quite often. It is clean but a little sphisticated also. Lasts a long time and is s very nice blend of frangrances.

Megh
Megh

I recieved Shakira's S for Christmas and I realy do like it. It is a soft pretty scent that is not too sweet on me with the vanilla and amber notes prominant and little jasmine detected. However, the scent is quite light and didn't stay strong for very long. This is a great light fragrance for the office.

crysna
crysna

i tested this fragrance at a department store and wow! the price and the smell r just simple amazing, i fell in love with the fragrance, very soft, femenine, something wearable and last around 5-6 hours on me. in celebrity fragrances this is one of the best on the market!!! love it love it love it, thanks Shakira u ROCKS!!!

nichick390
nichick390

I wasn't a huge fan of this until I first smelled it at wal-greens It's so exotic! I can really smell the amber and vanilla it completely says shakira! I am not a fan of hers but I got this for christmas this year and I just love it!

fiori_bella
fiori_bella

True I had expected something a little more exotic from Shakira, but it is a sexy scent, I have gotten several compliments from total strangers, and I love it as an everyday "oh thanks, I don't even know what I put on this morning" scent...I love Shakira and the bf loves it too, his nose had been stuck to my neck. Now if I could just lean the hip walk and shimmy..;)

caylarhene
caylarhene

i smelled this in target the other day and i feel in super love with it. i didnt even know that she had a perfume out!!!
i love this so much. its something i can wear all the time and i know that i wont get tired of it! this is something that i have to have!! :)

DaisyQ
DaisyQ

After testing this perfume many times, I have concluded that it is full-bottle worthy. It is not a complex or innovative scent by any means, it dries down into a cozy and creamy floral woody scent. It's one of those scents you would choose to wear when you want a scent that goes with everything and every occasion. It has good lasting power and low to medium sillage.

shimoarika
shimoarika

OK I'm from Portugal either I end up picking this one ("S") as a changelling with another one that my dad bought for me first as Xmas gift. I barely touched my own "S" yet is still wrapped; the
lady in the perfume store sprayed a sample on my wrist; I do also avoid entertainment celebrity perfumes so first lady said shakira? I said "shakira? please", but for the price is not bad at all, it stays in the skin soft but warm. But I left the place dreaming about Ricci Ricci :)

i just bought the perfume on a last min dession an my sister told me i smelled alitttlr stong i love it!! it smells good not matter how u look at it i do belive.

ursabear
ursabear

Actually I bought this without even smelling it because I was out of perfume completely and I was desperate for something. I have to say I am in love with this scent. A soft yummy smell that starts out citrusy and then sort of blends to a lemon vanilla tart. I'm glad I found it.

guest_Nancy
guest_Nancy

I never really used but this one " S " really agrees with me and my friends like it too. It's not over powering like most it's just right. Thank You
very Much

xanman
xanman

While some may refer to "S"as a "poor mans" rendition(though not blatantly!) of a more expensive and revered perfume house, I happen to love this..alot! Its a fresh breath of woods and vanilla thats both exhilarating and comforting in the same moment.This to me is a personal perfume, I could give a fig if I get even one compliment off of it, thats how much I love it. Nonetheless, my husband does a double, even triple sniff whenever I wear it. Feminine perfume wearin' guys out there beware, this is an ultra feminine scent,nothing at all unisex about it,sorry fellas.On a couple of final notes does this scent remind anyone of the discontinued bath and body product "Stolen Moments?"and does anyone out ther know if this will come in an eau de parfum or body lotion soon? Thanks

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Smells like Bvlgari Jasmin Noir, which I'm also not fond of. It's very blah and doesn't have a WOW factor at all. Kind of boring in fact. It's not even close to being exotic as I imagined it to be with Shakira's name on it.

guest_Chory
guest_Chory

A lot of my friends have asked what perfume I was wearing since I have been using it...

I love it and I've had at least 2 or 3 girlfriends that have gotten it from smelling it off of me LOL. yummy me.

CuteandTwisted
CuteandTwisted

Maybe it's one of those fragrances that isn't for everyone, but the ones it suits...vavavvooom when I wear it, people actually follow me, smelling the air. It makes me feel yummy.

guest_CuteandTwisted
guest_CuteandTwisted

This has to be my scent! From the moment I put it on, people were asking me what that fragrance was. After its been on my skin for a while I get a hint of roses... its amazing. All it needs now is a lotion scented with it. I actually had someone come up to me in a store from out of nowhere asking me if that was my fragrance he was smelling.. it's like a "come hither" potion for me...

c3c
c3c

S is a soft feminine woody jasmine blend with just the right amount of sweetness. If you took Hilary Duff With love, mellowed it, and made it more wearable & rounded it would be similar.
The jasmine isn't overpowering, the amber and woody notes blend to create something smooth, lady like and sexy.
S is not an over the top floral jasmine, it's a slightly sweet warm one. I agree it's more of a cool weather scent. If your a fan of soft Jasmine notes, amber, and wood you should definitely check S out.

TheScentWarrior
TheScentWarrior

When first sprayed I can instantly smell vanilla. It hits you like a giant gust of wind. S by Shakira is a very potent and overpowering fragrance. It smells as though I spilt an entire vanilla milkshake all over my wrist. I am NOT too thrilled with this scent. Too bad I didn't stick with my other senses. lol! :-)

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

I get tons of white flowers, it dosn't even smell like jasmine on me just generic white flowers. I don't get ANY vanilla at all (wish I did!)...It's a nice perfume but nothing special.

TankGirl
TankGirl

Uhhhm...Im not sure about this one, I think its certanly a winter perfume, because I tested it on summer and my experience was:
First 10 minutes: wow amazing, sweet, floral, the jasmine note is amazing here!! I loooove it!!
After 30 minutes: Oh my god Im gonna die of headache pain, this is torture!!!!! It probably was the damn hot 45ºc in Portugal that day that ruinedtheperfume,becausejasmine/vanilla/musk/benzoin cooked in a warm sweat skin its just disgusting. Oooooverly sweet and cloying. I will try to find this one now and test it again. I still dont get why this perfume was promoted in the summer because its definatly a winter juice!! And...for a celebrity scent I think its really well done, the staying power was a monster, good sillage, doesnt smell cheap....a good one. If I find a cheap bottle of this I will buy it to wear at christmas. 4 out of 5.

guest_meliboo101
guest_meliboo101

just bought mine at walgreens a few minutes ago, it smells GOOD!!
I just hope the fragrance lasts:D

Smells like Shalimar perfume, but nicer.

vioversilver
vioversilver

A rather delicate sweet woodsy vanilla scent with a definite sultry vibe . S goes on at first spray with lovely jasmine & something else that smelled like peach or apricots to me which I found delightful . This perfume is undeniably feminine & yummy , inviting, sexy & sparkling in character.
I happen to think this classifies as a "skin" scent meaning that for me it works on my skin in a warm, soft way, not ever obviously 'perfumy'.
S may not be extrodinarily unique , but I think it is very well composed & harmonious indeed. I tested this at the local drugstore & have put it on my 'I want it NOW list'.
The bottle is quite pretty too , it reminds me of Casmir's bottle - has that Thousand and One Nights look which is fitting being Shakira's fragrance.
I have to add that as the day wears on I can't stop smelling my wrist - there's something very alluring about this perfume!
Long lasting staying power too, after I took my shower there was a faint lingering scent still on my wrist.

Zaleska
Zaleska

"Hugo Boss Deep Red" copy/paste.

They are equal!

sigh...

RainbowWriter
RainbowWriter

I got mine just few minutes ago. I bought it by 45 USD from eBay and from one hand I truly think that S is worth its price but from the other hand I'm still a little bit disappointed, because I expected a bigger quantity by this price. Really, I LOVE this smell! It's perfect for me. While Beyonce's Heat is for a naughty girl in my opinion S by Shakira is for a kind, good girl. Or that's just the spirit I sense when smelling this and seeing Shakira's official TV commercial. Might sound strange but I think this a BEAUTIFUL smell. And it's not too strong to my nose but unfortunately the scent fades a way little by little. Anyway, S smells so wonderful that I would have bought a bigger bottle. Really, now that I have this unique smell I don't want it to end... And it will still take too long until this fragrance arrives in the Finnish market (got mine from Spain). A romantic smell that reminds me of the summer sun... so does this luminous goldish colour of the bottle too. This bottle's shape resembles to Aladdin's magic lamp. A very pleasant fragrance.

secretcrush
secretcrush

I sampled this yesterday... A standard floral oriental fragrance... Nice enough but nothing special, coulda swore I picked up a lil ginger although not listed in the ingredients... If sum1 gave me this as a gift I wouldnt be disappointed , I'm just not gonna spend my money on it...

Sillykelly

I rather like this one. It goes on quite nice, developed on me into a spicy vanilla and for the price, is one of the longest lasting scents I've had in a while and that is hard for me to find. I keep smelling my wrist and that's a sure fire winner for me to keep doing that:)

guest_Amanda
guest_Amanda

It smells like perfume catalog does not set very well I bought it for the wonders they told me and go big disappointment hurts Shakira's talent is great because the scent is a total failure. Sorry for shakis

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

Shakira's S is now available at Walmart, Walgreens, Target and other stores of that nature. I sniffed this in a Latina magazine and it smelled very mature. It seemed like it was very strong since I didn't have to lift my nose to the paper. As soon as I opened up the flap the smell hit me. It's powdery and a little sweet at the same time but I mostly got a low of powder with a small hint of vanilla. Not really my style but she looks BEAUTIFUL in the ad

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

A vanilla dominated gourmand scent, warm and cozy. This is not something new but nicely done. I just wish she would have taken more risks in making this perfume. It's something nice but not memorable. Like somebody else said this could very well be a BBW perfume! I don't like the bottle design I wish it would have been a sexy silhouette or something unmistakable as Shakira.

augustana_evangeline
augustana_evangeline

meh. Ordinary vanilla gourmand. Smells like something from BBW or The Body Shop. Then again, it's cheap, and you can't have the world at this price.

It's certainly inoffensive and nice, but nothing worth remembering. If there was some more woods it might be a different story....

I think everybody here has said it all. On my skin, it was sweet powdery mashmellowy vanilla. It's cozy and warm. It's very likable, wearable, but not memorable. There is something that's screaming budget as well. I like the bottle tho but the juice isn't much to care for. It would be okay at the right price.

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

Had a squirt of this from a display. It has the same sort of musky-vanilla vibe as Mariah Carey's M. About 30 minutes in, there was a very strong "kitchen sink" note, like stainless steel. Bleh. I had about an hour's drive, and I could not wash it off. It kept smelling like vanilla-steel-musk-powder until I could get rid of it. I can see where it would sit nicely on someone else, but not me.

susieqrj
susieqrj

Well... I bought it at a shop that did not have a tester, so got mine unsniffed.
To be honest, the smell is kinda "meh". It´s not bad but also not that memorable.
It´s sweet and sorta powdery (but in a good way). Staying power is very weak, the fragrance is not "loud".

Update: forgot to mention - at first it reminds "7:15 in Bali", from Kenzo - powdery sweet passionfruit.

jasmine51
jasmine51

This scent is very well done. The notes work very well together and it is sexy without being trashy. This is exactly how I would imagine Shakira to smell. I think it may be the amber and benzoin that make it both unique and sensual. I imagine a sophisticated sensual young woman in her mid to late 20s wearing this. Very Shakira ;) Definately recommend; its quite beautiful actually.

Fragaria
Fragaria

This is next on my list! Like everyone else, it's a nice surprise! It's scent is exactly the flavor of cotton candy in your mouth. It's sweet obviously but it's the kind of sweet that someone near you will come closer and try to KEEP near you! Hats off to the wonderful nose that created this! I went over to see if I could find some redeeming quality in Beyonce's scent and never got to spray it. I totally forgot all about it after smelling this. This makes me want to play Candyland!

Amethyste
Amethyste

At fist I smelled vanilla and lemony-chocolated notes, a gourmand not too sweet, because of some sparkling notes that feels like candied lemon. I liked it, but didn't love it. I wouldn't buy it. The drydown was a soft vanilla note, which I like. I expected this to be more oriental and ambery, that's why this was better than what I thought it would be.

guest_Julia
guest_Julia

At nezzabel. I'm French and the perfume is not yet available in France. So i would like to ask if you can send me the perfume or if you can put in ebay. It will be very nice from you if you can do this. Thanks in advance

sarafirmino
sarafirmino

Inês is so rightttt!
i just tested it today,
and damn, what a nice surprise!
is a lovely luminous jasmine-creamy and slighty woodsy scent!

that's what i love about jasmine, on my skin it becomes always so loud!

if you are a jasmine lover.. dont be shy and give it a shot :D

CKS
CKS

Dear Nezzabel, thank you for the prices of the fragrance, I will search it on my next trip to Greece, maybe is available there.
I am expecting something oriental and sensual, sexy like a belly-dance, but in the same time young and not heavy at all. I have in my mind a song of Shakira, "Gypsy", and I am sure I will be able to associate the notes of the fragrance with the sweet notes of the song...

nezzabel
nezzabel

The S perfume is already available in Portugal and I must say that this is a nice surprise!

I usualy stay away from celebrity perfumes and if it wasn't for my mother I wouldn't even smell it... my mum bought a face cream and the assistant gave a sample of S to my mum! Well I sniffed it... and it's indeed what I call a sexy smell!

Then I tried on the skin, and yes it remains sexy! There's a powerful combo of vanilla and jasmine, woods and benzoin... then I began to think that I've smelled something similar... Indeed, this one is an instant reminder of one of my favourite perfumes: Boss Intense!

And it has that sultry sexy vibe, less intense, more subtle and a weeker staying power, although it remains on the skin at least 4 to 5 hours.
Plus, is much more affordable (here, the 50ml bottle is about 20€ and the 80ml bottle around 32€).

I like it and recommend!=)

S by Shakira 3.65 out of 5 based on 421 ratings and 124 user reviews

Shakira S Perfume by Shakira - 2.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Shakira S Perfume by Shakira - 2.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Shakira S Aquamarine Perfume by Shakira, 2.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Shakira S Aquamarine Perfume by Shakira, 2.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Shakira S Eau Florale Perfume by Shakira, 2.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Shakira S Aquamarine Perfume by Shakira - 2.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Shakira S Aquamarine Perfume by Shakira - 2.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Shakira S Eau Florale Perfume by Shakira - 2.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Shakira S Eau Florale Perfume by Shakira - 2.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Shakira S fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Shakira S, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify S by Shakira. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of S by Shakira represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.