Designers » R S » Floral « Groups

Shalini Shalini for women

Shalini Shalini for women
dislike

tuberose

Shalini by Shalini is a Floral fragrance for women. The nose behind this fragrance is Maurice Roucel. Top note is neroli; middle notes are tuberose and tiare flower; base notes are sandalwood and musk.

Neroli

Tuberose Tiare Flower

Sandalwood Musk

Shalini Fragrance Reviews

kathy31
kathy31

I met Shalini at a personal appearance and she gave me a vial card of the perfume. It is most beautiful fragrance I have smelt in a long long time. It took me a summer I spent in the South of France. Maurice Roucel is the master!!

Shalini mentioned that the fragrance has her 3 favorite white flowers - tuberose, neroli (hence the memory of the summer) and tiare. I love it!!

It is like being bathed in sunlight:) Guess I have to splurge and get my personal bottle from Aedes!

SadassaUlna
SadassaUlna

I agree with other posts about the very green (and clean) opening. But then a lot of civet starts to come through, and I swear I am getting some oakmoss too. Then the song fades pretty quickly. I am genuinely happy I do not love this pricy stuff!

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

I'd love to try this, if anybody is generous to part with a few drops. Can't believe the price. Must have Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston's blood in it. Whoever heard of such a price! Maybe a little bit of King Tutankhamen's fingernails? 1400 bucks for 2 oz :O

[email protected]
susanaurinko@me.com

I received the one drop sample from Aedes and realized as soon as I put it on that I had to order a bottle. I was a little surprised when the bottle came and was so small, but as it takes so little of it to create a perfect atmosphere, I think it will last a long time.
As someone who wears Fracas and Carnal Flower, and worships the ground that Maurice Roucel walks on, I am delighted with this fragrance. It lasts and shifts in the most beautiful, elegant way, but all within the floral realm, as if you're walking through a garden catching different flowers along the way. I didn't find it to be green, nor woodsy as a few of the reviewers did, and felt that it held its own for longer than most florals. It's complex and at the same time straightforward, which I like.

Leolady hit it right on the head when she said it has "relentless beauty". It doesn't have smoke and mirrors - it's just a beautiful, heady floral - thanks Maurice, for another great one!

I received a small sample of SHALINI from a fellow fragrance traveller and so was happy to be able to test a perfume which I would probably never buy, even if I loved it, because of the prohibitively high price.

Good news, I won't feel too deprived by not adding this Maurice Roucel creation to my collection. SHALINI opens green but swiftly becomes a somewhat dirty, animalic tuberose in the spirit of Versace BLONDE but quite a bit less oily. My best guess is that there is civet in this composition as well, although it is not listed among the notes. I do think that this creation is closer to BLONDE than to any of the other famous tuberose perfumes with which I am familiar: FRACAS, CARNAL FLOWER, BEYOND LOVE, DATURA NOIR, the Histoires de Parfum trio, etc.

For what SHALINI is to my nose (slightly animalic tuberose), I find BLONDE to be better. Happily, this means that I can invest my $800 savings in something else!

SaraBT
SaraBT

I ordered a sample of Shalini and tried it the first day. It opened with an extremely interesting greed note, as leolady said. But then I just didn't get into it much.

This past weekend I wasn't going out anywhere, so I thought I'd just empty the rest of the sample on my wrists and neck. At some point I thought it had a "cheap perfume" smell, but there was something that kept me sniffing my wrists all evening long.

When I woke up the next morning I kept catching a whiff of something delightful -- almost as if I had passed a flower in full bloom. This fragrance doesn't dry down to the typical vanilla scent -- there's something nicely floral that keeps hanging on.

I'm still not convinced that Shalini is for me, but I'm intrigued enough to purchase a second sample and try it again. Shalini is just different enough that it's worth another try.

leolady910
leolady910

I purchased a sample of Shalini from the aedes.com website and was very excited about trying what seemingly is one of the most expensive perfumes on the market. Shalini is an exquisite floral fragrance. Its for women who love big florals. Shalini opens as a rather medicinal green smell. However, about 15 minutes laters, it dries down to an extravagent bouquet. On me, the neroli note was prominent. This is a decadent ultra-feminine perfume. Its womanly rather than sweet.

This is the fragrance I would wear to my best friend's wedding. Shalini is trustworthy and platonic; it remains true to its essential floral character for hours. However, there is no mischief with Shalini. In my opinion, because its emphasis is on flowers only; it lacks sexiness and is probably not a catch-a-man scent. However, if you are looking for a grande floral of relentless beauty, try Shalini. I suppose because this perfume has such lasting power, its price is very dear.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Shalini Shalini fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Shalini Shalini, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Shalini by Shalini. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Shalini by Shalini represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Hermes Jour d`Hermes Absolu Atkinsons The Odd Fellow Bouquet Caron Tubereuse Amouage Fate for Women L`Artisan Parfumeur Nuit de Tubereuse Serge Lutens Santal Majuscule Estée Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille Tommi Sooni Eau de Tommi Sooni II Chantecaille Kalimantan MDCI Parfums Peche Cardinal Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan Robert Piguet Fracas Serge Lutens Fourreau Noir Penhaligon`s Blenheim Bouquet Juliette Has A Gun Romantina Cartier Baiser Vole Extrait de Parfum Lancome Peut-Etre (La Collection Fragrances) Tom Ford Atelier d’Orient Plum Japonais Guerlain Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin