Designers » R S » Chypre Floral « Groups

Koto Shiseido for women

Koto Shiseido for women
dislike

leather

Shiseido Koto was launched in 1967 for the Japanese market. It belongs to the chypre floral green group, opening with aldehydes, citruses, herbs and spices. The heart consists of narcissus, gardenia, orris root, jasmine, lily of the valley, jonquil and rose. The base features moss, patchouli, leather, amber, vetiver and castoreum.

Citruses Spices Green Notes Aldehydes

Jasmine Narcissus Gardenia Orris Root Rose Lily-of-the-Valley

Vetiver Patchouli oak moss Amber Castoreum Leather

Amazone
Silences

Koto Fragrance Reviews

mufulia
mufulia

very subtle fragrance, very light (may be because eau de cologne, but unfortunately is the only formulation available), a little bit resembling Silences by Jacomo,
but less powdery. I can't detect any leather note at all. I heard that is quite similar to Catherine Deneuve,
a fragrance that I never smelled, so I can't say my opinion about.
Anyway Koto is a fragrance very good suited for hot weather, elegant and not invading.

erding
erding

Great blind buy, one-of-a-kind.
Edit: First note is a bit bitter. but turns soft after a hour or so.
Staying power is better than expected. I sprayed one day on wrists and body before work, and it lasts till after 5pm.

knit_at_nite
knit_at_nite

A blind buy that I'm very happy to have found. I get moss, light green florals, and the base gets a touch powdery. Very well blended- genteel/refined but in a happy & non-pretentious way. Very strong for an EDC- but not loud. Non soapy.
If you like Y , Le Temps d'un Fete, Sabi or floral/green/chypre in general, give Koto a spritz.

smellsogood
smellsogood

Koto is almost a cross between Yves Saint Laurent Y and Paco Rabanne Metal, in a legere version. Mossy, with a hint of the green florals that gives Metal its cool shine, it then becomes folded in glove leather. I can only find this in EDC and a stronger formulation would be highly coveted.

Citronella
Citronella

My first acquaintance with Koto was in a department store in Tokyo in the 80ies. Back then, Koto was almost 20 years old already but of course I wasn't aware of this. I liked it a lot but didn't purchase, probably because of a limited travel budget. I always remembered this scent but never saw it again until last year, in a Swedish online store (!) and now I finally have a bottle. As far as I can recall, it smells exactly the same.

Although Koto includes strong notes like narcissus and leather, the Eau de Cologne concentration makes this scent different from other classic chypres. When my wrists demand chypre and the situation requires something quiet, this is the obvious choice.

Koto by Shiseido 4.42 out of 5 based on 29 ratings and 5 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Shiseido Koto fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Shiseido Koto, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Koto by Shiseido. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Koto by Shiseido represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.