Designers » R S » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Zen Shiseido for women

Zen Shiseido for women
dislike

Zen Shiseido for women Pictures

Zen is the first Shiseido’s perfume released at the world market. It was created in 1964 in a black bottle with a floral pattern. This is an intensive floral scent, with hyacinth, orange blossom, jasmine, mimose, daffodil, violet and woody-musky base, which is not produced anymore. The new, modern version was launched in 2000 and the creator is Nathalie Lorson. This version is lighter, more pellucid, with a general resemblance with the original (the production will be stopped soon). The bottle of the second Zen is white. The third version of Zen was created in 2007 by Michel Almairac of Robertet. This time the bottle is square-shaped and inspired by Japanese golden room for tea ceremony. The designer of the bottle is a Japanese, Taisuke Kikuchi.

Bergamot Gentiana

iris Violet Oakmoss Rose

Patchouli Musk Pear Wood Bamboo

L'eau de Ryokuei
Milrose

Zen Fragrance Reviews

Sanskilainen
Sanskilainen

Such a delicate, soft, warm scent. Sadly it was available such a short time due to the ingredient that was redlisted. I am happy to have used a bottle of this pearl. In the opening it is a powdery, sweet scent, but with some patience it opens up to an unique bamboo creation. The patchouli does not dominate and the warmth stays on for a long time. You are greatly missed Zen!

ilikefragrantica
ilikefragrantica

I love this extra,it reminds me of all those oriental things in movies,which also could calm me down immediately.Wish this one is still under manufacture.

firrewhisper
firrewhisper

Shiseido Classic Zen Eau de Colgne Pure Mist 2.7 fluild oz is available from Macy's. Black bottle with the gold floral pattern.

Yamba1
Yamba1

For those wondering if this is still in production, I just bought a bottle at the Shiseido flagship store in the Ginza, Toyko. The lovely Japanese sales assistant described it as a perfume for meditation. It's true! This version of Zen is very comtemplative, very Japanese.
By the way, the black bottled Zen was sitting on the shelf beside it!

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

This has all the elements I look for in a fragrance. I do have the mini concentrated essence and I love the fresh green aspects that are not too sharp, the florals that are in harmony, and the solid dry wood base that has no vanilla, no sweetness, and no musk.

I am saving the bottle and using it as if it is liquid gold. I love this Nathalie Lorson version but I am looking forward to try the 1960's version too, if ever I find it.

miss mills
miss mills

LOVE this scent, soft and warm yet strong and comforting - I don't get the overpowering thing at all on my skin that I find with other scents like Beyond Paradise or Tresor, now they are overpowering on me!

Does anyone else get hints of Murasaki from this? This version of Zen definitely reminds me of Murasaki but not sure quite which notes - or maybe it's a Shiseido thing, something in the formulation that reminds me of Murasaki? This version of Zen is very soft, warm and sensual...love it for winter...

artsyrn
artsyrn

This reminds me of Cinema, only loads more wearable. Where Cinema NEVER quiets down and settles into anything other than a scream, Zen starts out with a bang of sweet patchouli and Iris , then quickly transforms into a softer version of the top notes. The dry down later is fabulous...it becomes animalic and musky,still retaining much of the initial flavor. This lasts on me for hours and has nice silage. I love this stuff!

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

Luckily, I still have a bottle of the original Zen. I absolutely love it. This is a fragrance just for me, not a fragrance to douse on and wear around town. I find it comforting and familiar. Spicy but not overwhelming.

ScentAddict502
ScentAddict502

I LOVED this Fragrance!! I wish they still made this it was amazing!

Angelic1
Angelic1

I had this version of Zen and I loved it very much but unfortunatly they stoped the production.. I'm seeking for a similar perfume, do anyone try the new version? is it very different? or can we detect the old zen?

NanAxlRose
NanAxlRose

Oh I had this and loved it so much.
I like that it´s creamy and soapy. But I can see how some people don´t like it, cause it´s very unique.

What a scandal that they stopped producing this Zen version.... oh sadness!

mariaraluca
mariaraluca

loooooved it! had only one bottle, years ago. did they discontinue this one too? i cannot find it at all!!!

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

Splendid scent. For me is of niche , performed from natural components.
Beautifully it balances. At the beginning I feel the green but they do not fresh , such natural . How one crumples recent leaf of the tree. Then it lies into the warm , delicate note. Without water acords , without the pepper. And because I adore him. It does't torment me. Can be as the everyday scent ,in the morning , but perhaps to be also with the evening. This scent very nobilly lies.
I love ZEN 2000

allexa27
allexa27

i smell fresh bamboo, humble powdery violet and iris with lil rose thrown in.very unique,calming,inspiring,happy smell.This is my new fave:)Lasting power is very good.

amber_glow
amber_glow

I would like to love this frangnance because I love the name, the simplicity of the bottle... but this perfume turns to a really strong soap smell on me that makes me cough...I can't stand.

guest_yoshi
guest_yoshi

Why did they mess with the "perfect" perfume?? That little black bottle was my one and only!

I had a sample of this version of zen for so many years but I didn't go smell it but in the cold days of winter while I was trying to concentrate to my lessons to get ready for exam.
the first notes are really too strong!it's the pure bergamot.even make me allergic.but then it softens.
actually I don't consider this one a sexy nor a young lady perfume.but it helped me to concentrate,in fact I remember the cold days of exams with this perfume.so maybe they've choosen the right name!

rieuse
rieuse

Zen by Shiseido is a bit too strong for me. I think it might be more suitable for some special occasion. Young girls don't always like this scent. To my mind a staying power is quite average.

Zen by Shiseido 3.97 out of 5 based on 119 ratings and 18 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Shiseido Zen fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Shiseido Zen, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Zen by Shiseido. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Zen by Shiseido represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.