Designers » R S » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

dislike

I have it: 473 I had it: 214 I want it: 347 My signature: 22

Zen Shiseido for women Pictures Zen Shiseido for women Pictures Zen Shiseido for women Pictures Zen Shiseido for women Pictures

After the two Zen versions, Zen is reborn in 2007 . This vibrant floral, with wood and spices, was designed by Michel Almairac. An opening of a zesty grapefruit note, sweet bergamot, orange, pineapple wrapped in blue rose. The heart features a generous floral bouquet made of freesia, gardenia, violet, lily-of-the-valley, Chinese rose, red apple and lotus blossom. The warm and sensual trail blends patchouli, cedar wood, musk and white musk, amber and frankincense. The bottle is designed by Taisuke Kikuchi. Zen is available in 30ml, 50 ml and 100ml EDT bottles.

Grapefruit Bergamot Orange Pineapple Rose

Coco Mademoiselle Eau de toilette

Zen Fragrance Reviews

Dellow
Dellow

I think the scent of this parfume is very difficult to describe. Im normally not a big fan of strong scents, but i must say i looove this one. I first got it as a sample and the spicy scent really made me feel like i was a mature woman (somehow like a strong and sexy business woman, it got that im-rich-and-independent smell to it if that makes sense) everytime i wore it. Normally im into fresh and fruity scents and i hate strong scents but this one got me because its so unlike any other scents out there. So i got the full size for when i want to feel more mature and more lady like:) definately try it out next time you walk by a parfume store, i think this is a scent you either love or hate.. I definately love it!!;)

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

All shiseido scents has soapy smell, it makes me sick.

esjayo
esjayo

I love this perfume although it doesn't last on me, seems to disappear after 2-3 hours which is disappointing. I find it very similar to Coco Mademoiselle. I like the price, but not sure if I will buy this one again. I'd probably rather pay more to get Coco Mademoiselle which lasts longer than get this one again.

osiris5
osiris5

I got this as a sample with an other shiseido perfume.
Wow, just wow, it is a soft and light perfume, very subtle. It opens with a very fresh floral note with some pineapple in it. It is not as citric and sweet as other fragrances. It has a very soft and floral opening. In the middle it opens with a very floral-peppery scent that has some soap like notes.
Lotus hyacinth and lotus are the main notes in the middle.
In the end there is a nice more spicy-balmy note.
yes it is a perfume with some greatness. It is marked as female. I think it is in the end unisex with more female notes but not typical female notes. because if sweetness is more a female quality in perfumes, then some other perfumes of this house are also female whereas they are marked as male.
But this is a great creation. And great perfumes are mostly in the end unisex.

Quite nice, full of many fruits and flowers. There's fresh spiciness in it. I enjoyed the composition of patchouli and amber in base notes. Top notes were okay but didn't blow me away.
It's good - feminine and quite elegant. Wearable.

Axum
Axum

If you like the sweet-fruity-floral-on-a-bed-of-patchouli genre, the 2007 version of Zen may appeal to you.

I found it rather uninteresting and slightly irritating; worse, after about 5 hours, in combination with other ambient scents (say in a restaurant) it turned sour and strangely dirty.

If you fondly remember the previous, dry, resinous, cedar-y version of Zen, wait until Christmas, when Shiseido releases it as a limited edition. It is absolutely unrelated to the aforementioned fruit cocktail.

Maey
Maey

When I smelled this for the first time I thought WOW, this might be one of the perfumes I LOVE at first smell and I still love it even after a few hours.

It's clean, elegant and fresh and good for everyday wear or even as signature. It is subtle and not overpowering. Good for the modern, sweet and sophisticated women.

elda white petals
elda white petals

l got it yesterday as a gift and was surprised l like it very much!!! Before l have tried it a lot of times but never was curious to wait the development on my skin. l have to admit for my taste is not the perfume to fall in love with the first sniff. Sometimes we are so enthusiast with top notes when we try one perfume and in this way we make a choice, losing the opportunity to give a chance in some other perfumes which doesn't draws our attention in the first sniff .
This happens to me with this perfume!!!
l spray only twice and it has a great long lasting power on my skin from yesterday in afternoon until today in morning smell the same. ZEN is very pleasant, comfort, fresh and absolutely relaxing. l love citrus smell but in extremely fresh, a little bit sharp-strong but ZEN is different ,the citrus here is more comfort and well blended with other notes especially with patchouli. For patchouli lovers ZEN is something they must try!! My best perfumes with patchouli l love are 1- Elle YSL and 2- Midnight Poison , l have also Mademoiselle and Chance Chanel but l dare to admit l can put ZEN in third place!!! l love ZEN because is more comfort for me ,one perfume to wear in some days we don't know what to wear...something is too strong ...something is to fresh ...maybe too sweet ...and YES, ZEN IS PERFECT !!! l am glad this one works with my body chemistry and l can feel the development of the perfume especially after one hour when the flowers appears more dominant and after hours everything is well blended in a warm comfort and sensual way.

kayraven
kayraven

I very much wanted to like this because it seemed unique and fresh, but hadn't met my expectations. It is a fusion of grapefruit, bergamot, peach, pineapple, blue rose, freesia, gardenia, red apple, violet, lily of the valley, hyacinth, rose, lotus flower, patchouli, cedar, musk, white musk, amber, incense and marine plant. It turned out to seem quite old fashioned with too much bergamot, through which I couldn't smell much of anything but some citrus, the scent at first is extremely strong, not smooth at all, but vanishes quite quickly. The fragrance seemed somewhat ordinary and not trendy. The bottle is also ridiculous and completely unconvenient to carry in the handbag. It's not a fragrance I would purchase at all.

desislava_nikolova
desislava_nikolova

I love it! No need to spritz too much. Ones or twice is enough. If you had a bad luck with Zen, maybe it was not the original.

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

Maybe it is the power of suggestion but I do feel ~Zen~ when I wear this fragrance.
I enjoy wearing it to work because I feel it grounds me and gives me a peaceful serenity. I can wear it day or night and feel positive and quietly confident.
Many reviewers have commented on the pineapple note. IMO the pineapple doesn't turn it into a fruity scent, more that it adds a hazy shimmer to the incense underneath.
It goes on my love shelf.

22Sasa22
22Sasa22

I've used this master piece twice already. I can't use it anymore because I know I would hate it.
I am still in search for a perfume that makes me happy the same way. I bought "untold" Elizabeth Arden, and it was a big disappointment

aficionada
aficionada

While it lasts, it smells wonderfully. Moderately citrusy, sweet, warm, woodsy. Stays close to skin. Very classy. Alas, the staying power is not good. At least for the money.

zu_misha
zu_misha

One of my all time favorites along with my cristalle, bois de iles, black, so pretty, etc. Given all other reviews, I will definitely say this scent succeeds based on its compatibility with the wearer's chemistry. On me it is just glorious...so subtle and elegant in a Japanese lady kind of way and yet so present. Tons of "you smell wonderful, what scent are you wearing?" and lots of surprised looks when I say Shishiedo Zen.

Barbarasvc
Barbarasvc

I used to work with a lady colleague who always stood up among us by her both fashionable and gallant style. Knowing that, it surprised us that she stopped taking a bath regularly. She did mentioned that currently uses ZEN, but I didn`t link it with ZEN....until one day I tested it, among others, in parfumery - RECOGNIZED IT instantly >>> unbearable feeling of stale sweat in full swing...and after a month or a two, an poor woman passed me on the street smelling the same.....So it is not all in your skin type, there`s something in your really bad bad choice!

kris919
kris919

ughhh, I'm having bad luck lately with some blind buys I made a couple of weeks ago that I now know I shouldn't have bothered making. Zen starts very alcohol-y on my skin ( ie: cheap), then turns into a very light but sweet pineapple scent. It stays in this sweet soft pineapple mode for so long that I begin to think I'm wearing some kind of one-note cheap tween fragrance. FINALLY, the pineapple begins to go the hell away...seriously, it took 3 hours! and while I'm waiting for another note or a bunch of good notes to appear, they never do. It's gone, over, done with. it's like a mild/weak adolescent version of miss dior cherie or something. For as many notes as this thing allegedly has, I'm surprised to only get pineapple. back to nordys it goes. Zen? yeah right. Should be called "16 notes? whatchu talkin bout willis??" - by Shiseido

temporal
temporal

Zen is a round fragrance with a pleasant projection.
It needs some time to develop and to turn into a smooth second skin. At the beginning it may seems to be a bit sharp and heavy, but just in a while it transforms into pleasant aroma.

I searched for a combination of relaxing yet elegant feminine fragrance with a touch of sunny mood in it for my mother to cheer her up. She loved it, so do I. Zen brings a subtle feeling of cozy comfort and elegance, while it's a very sociable fragrance.

VJ2
VJ2

I was so excited about this fragrance that I ordered it before testing. However,the reviews that say it is similar to Coco Mademoiselle are entirely correct! Not only did it smell like Coco but none of the top notes that I was looking forward to worked with my chemistry. Smells nice but not what I hopes for.

Fragrantlife
Fragrantlife

Zen just makes me happy. I don't know how else to put it... With every inhalation, I get a physical sense of pleasure and contentment.

Interestingly, it reminds me of Coco Mademoiselle, which is a perfume I always found great smelling, but somewhat too much: too strong, too powdery, too flowery. Well, Zen is like this softer and subtler cousin.

Yet, it is very different. Coco Mademoiselle is a Chanel through and through. Zen is not a Chanel. And, although I adore Chanel, I mean this in a good way. Zen is Asian. It is a synthesis of notes blended in an abstract sort of way. I cannot pick any specific note other than a blended floral over light musk.

Zen does not have unexpected developments. It isn't avant-grade or niche. Sometimes deceiving simplicity is the way to go. And Zen is simply wonderfully thought out and executed

I think Zen is about to become one of my favorite perfumes of all times.

Additional note:

unfortunately, as many other perfumes I love, I just stop smelling it as it became a part of me, a second skin.

I remember hearing this from older women as I was growing up: you know if a perfume suits... It blends so well with your chemistry, you stop smelling it.

How true and unfortunate... Chanel 19, Eau du Soir, Nariciso Rodriguez, Hermes Iris Nobile,, Heure Exquise... even Fracas... They all do this. I love it, then it becomes so much a part of me, I just can't smell it... But don't be fooled, other people can...

sky hype
sky hype

A cup of strong, freshly brewed, aromatic tea... A moment of truth...

nikkirasmussen
nikkirasmussen

My signature fragrance, I love this stuff.

gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr
gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr

simply it is a masterpiece! the best perfume ever for me.

maneki_neko
maneki_neko

There's something deep in here that reminds me of campfire smoke, and it is absolutely wonderful. I love this scent. It's light, but so complex. It's also very versatile. I think you could wear this just as easily in the office as you could on the back of a motorcycle.

adela p.
adela p.

This is a great perfume!!! I love the way it smells.

Colourfast

Have to share an association which came to my mind.

If I would picture it, it would probably like a mark rothko painting in orange red and brown: humming and vibrant caused by its layering but on first glance still straight.

Zen is my inner sun.
The fragrance gives for me an overall very very warm rather dark scent.
Although you can note some sweetness in there I wouldn't call it a sweet scent. It starts dark fresh with the bittersweetness of grapefruit and oranges in the evening sun. When it dries down it becomes far more woodsy, while inscence and patchouli do blend to a nerve calmer.

A lot of people are reminded of yoga smelling this, as the dark freshness and the patchouli do create an interesting tension between vigilance and relaxation which reminds me of meditation, focusing and selfcentrism.
Additionaly its sensual and therefore sexy without, at least on my opinion, directly pointing towards sex.

By no means is this a light smell but if it goes well with your chemestry it will stay very near to your skin. i would call the sillage rather good: 6-8 hours.

If you can't stand patchouli you will probably only reminded of temples, churches and spirituality and as my boyfriend unfortunately you will probably hate it.

I do love this scent as it is a rare all year alternative to overlysweet fruit bombs or soapy-clean florals or aldyhyds, while beeing still mature and classy.

smellME
smellME

Wow this is amazing ! The pinapple at start is zesty and juicy,then it tones down to a beautiful bunch of flowers, wich together with the top making a true and unusal blend. It is quite soft on a delicate way
the drydown is reminding me of another fume, maybe the dry base of Si Lolita or Lily by Stella Mc Cartney - or...both! ..
Maybe its just the patchoulie, only ?
Want this in my collection !
A litttle similar overall to Ckin2U for her but Zen is softer.

corinnesmith1
corinnesmith1

This was so unexpected for me. I think of it more of an oriental/spicy/chypre. It's difficult for me to pin point any other notes other than patchouli, but I realize they are in there. It's kind of interesting for me then, to smell this perfume and know that there are flowers that contribute to the overall picture. I find it very refreshing on the palette.

cnlyons77@hotmail.com
cnlyons77@hotmail.com

Very elegant,fresh and clean, 1000's compements.

I'm not overly thrilled with this fragrance, but I now have a hankering to test the original Zen. This fragrance tends to be a juicy fruit scent, with a heavy, somewhat earthy patchouli base.

Pineapple doesn't work as a fragrance note on my skin. Every time I spray this fragrance, I have to endure an hour of nauseating and acidic smelling pineapple wafting around me. Funnily enough, I also have a hard time wearing grapefruit. Seeming that both these notes feature quite prominently in Zen, I suppose you could say that I should never have tried it on my skin in the first place.

Putting problems with my skin chemistry aside, Shiseido's Zen reminds me of Chanel's Chance. The fruits are bright and refreshing in the opening, but seem more grounded towards the heart, especially when the floral notes start mixing with the cedar and patchouli.

I would most certainly enjoy smelling Zen on someone with the right skin chemistry. It would make a fantastic casual Summer scent. I must admit that it's quite complex and intriguing. I'm so bummed that it didn't work for me.

The lasting power is great, and the packaging looks less like a brick in real life, and more like an interesting piece of art. I recommend.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I finally gave this a try at the store when I managed to find a fairly fresh tester bottle on a shelf. At first I did not get much more than a citrusy amber but after a few minutes, this turned out smelling almost exactly like coco mademoiselle EdT which I detest! I like Shiseido's makeup, but so far I have yet to find a fragrance of theirs that I truly love...

nichka
nichka

50 % of 100 ml edp juice is available for swap.
shoot me an email if interested. thanks!

pihlaja
pihlaja

I've been looking for a perfect scent to wear in the office and university, and finally it seems that I've found it! Zen has it all: Freshness, uniqueness and style at the same time without being offensive or too loud. It isn't too sweet either. It sits quite close to skin but not too close (I can smell it from time to time) and lasting power is okay.

I've tried countless popular and not-so-popular perfumes from the wide selection of these easy-to-wear everyday fragrances, but never felt I had found a perfect match (for example: D&G's Light Blue is nice but boring, Marc Jacobs' Daisy is pretty but has too floral drydown etc.). But at last I found Zen and only because I found the name interesting! I sprayed it on my frist when I was leaving the perfume shop. I couldn't resist sniffing my wrist the whole journey back home. You might not be surprised that I fell in love. I instantly had to go back and buy this.

(I have the edp version.)

Vamy69
Vamy69

I love this!!! Citrus with some woody patchouli. It is clean but yet alluring and almost mystical. There is something really relaxing about this perfume. Maybe that is why they called it Zen?

Juliana6
Juliana6

First thought was- Coco Mademoiselle! Strong, feminine and sparkling. The same sillage, just a bit more herbal.
Then, after about 1 hour, I felt the difference.
If Coco Mademoiselle stays sharp, sparkling, loudly screaming for attention and powerful all the time, Zen becomes softer and calms down, but that doesn't mean it's not there.
Zen is easier to wear, it fits me perfectly. And personally I think Zen is better than Mademoiselle.
I feel that I might change my signature fragrance.

murysusanto
murysusanto

Next on the shopping list for my wife! This fragrance is a must have for ladies

True as it says...complex and sublime

calyx93
calyx93

Generic and pedestrian - buy the original version for a REAL scent with substance and clout. This is just boring.

dkny27
dkny27

Delicious and mature, first words that come to mind. It is a sweet woody floral but a soft mellow wood. The fragrance started off with the tiniest of citrus but was mostly dominated by the pleasant fruit and floral combination. The woods were there but they were laying low, until the dry down, where they were slightly more detectable. The fragrance has very good lasting power and is perfect for day, office or dinner and date.

paiged98@gmail.com
paiged98@gmail.com

This is a beautiful crisp, sparkling, amazing scent. I finally purchase after many sniffs over the last two years. I get the apple almost immediately, but it is a golden delicious, not green or red. The patchouli at dry down is amazing. It lingers and mingles with the freesia and lotus. I can tell this is going to be in my new top ten. Zensational!!!

Kamaty
Kamaty

I bought this amazing fragrance with body lotion and....i'm completely in love!!
It's soooo rich,and complex smell....
I guess it is a little similar to Chanel Chance but more pleasant.
Some people write about longevity but if used with body lotion stay for long time.
I'm very happy to add this to my collection!!
Sorry about my poor english...

sarka-destiny
sarka-destiny

I have got couple of fragrances, but this one is favourite of my husband. So when i go with him somwhere, i use this one mostly.

redrose
redrose

It is absolutely nice fresh fragrance. On my skin smells very citrousy and fresh a bit unisex.I cant really say that it is floral or woodsy. I must say it is a bit similar to Coco Madm but if you give this fragrance a bit longer time you will realised huge difference. Staying power good. I think that will be my summer fragrance for this season:)

Annica
Annica

After the first spray, I thought it could be a unisex fragrance, but it soon developed and became more feminine, sweeter and more flowery. I agree with those who think that it is similar to Coco M. However, there is a slight difference in my opinion between the two and that is that the patchouli is a bit softer on the nose and the pineapple makes it smell a bit sweeter than CM. It also has less sillage than CM. It is more of a skinscent. You have to come close to smell it. Perfect for work.
Delicious!

lovepuppet
lovepuppet

i love it. =)

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

This may be one of the loveliest things I have ever smelled...I don't get a strong patchouli in Zen at all. Nor anything overly sweet. The pineapple listed as a note I don't notice either; I do get something of a grapefruit, which reminds me strongly of yuzu, a Japanese citrus, although that doesn't appear in the notes listed. (Notes list grapefruit & cedar; I smell yuzu & hinoki...psychological perhaps?)What I do smell is a citrus-wood-subtle floral-almost incense-y tapestry that stays the same the whole time it is present. The whole thing seems skillfully done to me. It's elegant, understated, but richly layered, and has a silken, seamless quality. I think it would be a fine choice for men or women, as well. My only complaint is that it doesn't last well---I have the EdP, and have applied it very generously, but it seems not to last more than an hour. It's not a bargain perfume, so hourly reapplication could prove financially punitive. Still, I really love it and will attempt to keep a bottle around...

I.I
I.I

Very generic smelling perfume, a medicinal patchouli that lasts and lasts (patchouli isn't always that medicinal and i personaly love it almost always).
It reminded me of Liberte Cacharel but without the sweetness that makes Liberte comforting after the first five minutes.
For me it's too expensive for what it delivers...and way too much promoted!
It's not unpleasant at all though. I'd personally prefer other patchouli scents (I have couple of them already), equally expensive but NICE, Prada's ambers (some have a very distinctive patchouli note) and Costume Nationale 21.

sunshine2079
sunshine2079

This smells waay better than coco chanel. It has NONE of the powdery tone of Chanel- it's much cleaner/ green tea fresher which dries down to a woody, musky, skin warming tone that can almost be mistaken for men's cologne.

It's a perfume that conjures images of a powerful and self confident business woman.

Augusta_Aura
Augusta_Aura

Absolutely number one for me - this parfume is special, sexy, favourite! I like in the mornings to feel it's adorable scent on my skin.If I had to choose one fragrance for my entire life, I would choose this one - Zen of Shiseido.

octobersun
octobersun

Well, what is not to like here... This is by far the most complimented of all my fragrances. Everybody, really everybody asks me about it with remark that it is beautiful.
It is rich, fresh and classy. And appropriate for all occasions all year round. I a kind of prefer sweater scents, but this one obviously prefers me, so let it be...

sara123
sara123

ایا میدانید عطر زنانه
Zen Shiseido for women
زا با چند کیلیک در فروشگاه اینترنتی والاسان به اسانی خرید کنید!
کافیست کلمه والاسان را در گوگل جستجو کنید

luxatron
luxatron

When I wear Zen I feel as though I've stumbled upon an ancient, golden shrine in the middle of a serene forest. Perhaps in contrast to its name, Zen does not feel particularly simple, clean, or pared down; instead, it invokes feelings of awe in the face of grandeur. When I smell Zen, I get that same feeling of oneness and completeness that I felt when I stood in front of the pyramids in Egypt, or when I pause and take in the beauty of the nature around me as I walk to work; everything seems so minute and inconsequential in comparison, and you're just left in jaw-dropping awe of the history that stands in front of you.

Zen is a linear woody floral fragrance consisting of creamy cedar, camphor, incense, and patchouli; syrupy, honeyed florals; and pulpy citrus laying on top. While Zen is syrupy, rich, and even a little fruity at times, it is not an especially sweet fragrance. Zen is quite strong, and one spray goes a long ways. The last thing I'd call Zen is "watery", which is what most tea-inspired fragrances are like.

Perhaps Zen is not meant to evoke tea itself, but rather the grandeur of a Japanese golden tea room instead (which served as the inspiration for the gorgeous new bottle). In any case, Zen is serenity in bottle, and one small spray has the ability to transport me into that beautiful state of meditative awe that I so crave on those hectic days.

karaaslang
karaaslang

it has an expensive feeling to it but nothing related to 'zen' at all, it doesnt bring the calmness to my nose, it brings the thought of an upbeat rich city girl to my ming. it can be someone's signature scent easily, this has it all, has a unique specialy even. but I like more soapy, powdery, musky smells and this one has more floral to it. if you like floral, you gotta try this one...

Denica
Denica

When i get a sniff from the bottle i thought - smells like green tea with lemon and a little bit of camphor at the begining.
This reminds me of something...Prada Tendre, but with less sweetness. I think Zen is much more close to that
Prada, than to Coco Mademoiselle.
I like it - it's wearable, elegant and chic. The lasting power is very good.

melodi
melodi

exellent ! i can't describe..something like elegant ,sexy and for the women know what she wants but not hevay its fresh and relaxing . i have many many pefumes and i love them but this one is my special and my unique love.this is my 4th bottle and i will buy and buy if finish . thats my number one and never will be change i dont use that in every where becoze i stingy about this one ..maybe you think i exaggerated but its nice on my skin and till this day when i heard and smell zen on the another bodys ,
again and agin i fell in love !!!

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

Is very elegant, very clean , quiet, relaxing.
Yet never bottle of parfums in the reality in my house in my hands was not so that beautiful, more beautiful than in the internet whether in the shop parfumery.
I ADORE my Zen Shiseido :)
And I love see him in the morning :)

dani_brasil
dani_brasil

I found this so weak in scent that it is hardly there. Not discernible. [2]

I only smell something sharp and itchy to my nose. And then it disappears. Too weak and not a good fragrance.

daliflora
daliflora

As a more affordable version of Zen, So Elixir from Yves Rocher has almost the same accord between patchouli and incense. That accord is in fact striking to me, but some people may be pleased by it:)

Passionflower
Passionflower

I'm not usually into patchouli or incense scents, but this perfume is a nice surprise to me. Zen is a spicey beautiful fragrance with a lot of layers. It reminds me a bit of tea, and then again it does not... hahaha doesn't that sound confusing. It's warm and cool at the same time. Quite a 'strong' scent in the sense that it's not to be worn by lovers of innocent romantic fragrances. It's interesting but not overpowering. I would wear it if I'm in a powerful mood or would like to come across sophisticated and businesslike. On the other hand it's also a bit of a mysterious scent, great if you're on a date and don't want to appear too girly. The drydown is a bit too masculine for me, but because this is such a special fragrance I think I can live with that.

nini18
nini18

This perfume is absolutely great, well for me :)In a hot summer day at the beach or wherever you like when the wind is blowing and your aroma is taking the place making others to turn... ooh, this is gorgeous.

After so many positive comments even from taxi drivers I have to add This is one of the best perfume
out there !

I found this so weak in scent that it is hardly there. Not discernible.
I agree that it is similar to Coco Mademoiselle.

flowerbombhannah
flowerbombhannah

This perfume was a pleasant surprise! I was not expecting much, but it smelled delightful...every time I catch a whiff of it, I ooohhh and aaahhh!

sofiii
sofiii

Shiseido Zen starts nice, round in a light-spirited way, sweet, kind of fruity but definitely not your average fruitiness, and of course, a touch of musk, it is quite true to its olfactory group here. The musk here is not your average Zen-like clean musk, it is like the musk smell you can find in Sarah Jessica Parker’s Lovely, Narciso Rodriguez’s Musk for Her. I can smell something peculiar dancing around with the musk background, and I cannot put my finger through, something reminds me of the opening of some fruity chypre or floral fruity perfume like Chance or Coco Mademoiselle, however, scent-personality-wise and slightly deep down scent-wise, it is nothing like them, I guess it is the well blended pineapple citrusy, rose top notes make the pineapple transformed and shine.

Several minutes later, Zen starts to smell a little bit tarter, like fruit pulp, and sweeter in a thicker way. It suddenly reminds me of Britney Spears’ Believe, but Zen doesn’t have the patchouli aspect, and I find it more wearable somehow during the day time when you don’t want any patchouli there.

About 4 hours later, Zen hits a dry down, or is it the dry down; I’m not sure because it seems that somehow Zen’s gradually vanishing without any residue/base.

Zen is nice, fruitier than most perfumes from this group; it is bubbly without the pink grapefruit/champagne smell, it’s a nice somewhat inoffensive perfume to wear and I wouldn’t mind if been gifted a bottle of this; however, is it an experience of Zen? Not really, I find the Zen Original is true to its name and somehow has the meditation quality there, but this new version of Zen is just another nice commercial perfume which fits into the time of sweeter lighter fruitier area we are fortunately or unfortunately living in.

eczsn
eczsn

this parfume which one is i like about 100 parfümes in.
i like this fragrance and it smells very good.

Bellina
Bellina

Zen smells like a mans version of Coco Mademoiselle. It is almost unisex, musky, in your face perfume, while coco is more elegant, feminine.

LaPetite
LaPetite

The woman from the perfume store made me try this because i told her i love weird scent , but this is way too odd for me O_o

pureblonde
pureblonde

Finally bought this beauty today after lusting for it since xmas when my sister received it as a present from her DH. It was absolutely love at first sniff and I am even more in love with it now. This is a strong fragrance but certainly not in an overpowering or nausea inducing way. It's gorgeous, fresh and clean without being too light or opening with a citrus burst like other fresh perfumes. A beautiful and well blended fragrance, gorgeous as an every day scent but equally as suitable for evening/special occasion wear. I find the drydown lovely and warm on my skin though I still get that intoxicating fresh and clean smell from having sprayed on my clothes. An uplifting scent that just makes me feel good. This could well be my signature fragrance that has so far eluded me! Love it.

diana_d
diana_d

I love this one an it's becoming an addiction...it's dewy and feminine..and hard to describe just in words BUT it's not long lasting at all, after half an hour/an hour top, I can't feel a thing...so the days i'm wearing this I have to have it in my bag to spritz some more and more.I find myself buying this to often, but it's worth it

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

to my surprise, Zen is a very original perfume, unlike anything I have smelled before. it is very "sunny". citrusy in in the beginning and clean and musky after the drydown settles. the lasting power is quite good. if you are looking for something unlike anything you have smelled before, Zen is the one.

Carolinealgot
Carolinealgot

I received this in 5ml and I LOVE IT! might buy a bigger one later because this is it...this is what ive been looking for ages!
simply the best!

Sissi
Sissi

Intoxicating elegance in a bottle the notes are clean fresh ultra modern that reflects the chic and self assured young woman of the 21st century the notes as well as the smell are complex and this isn't your cliche run of the mill floral
fragrance are from that despite the simple
minimalistic design there are wonderful
complexities in one bottle.

A nice opening of musk that is deep and
woodsy mixes with sweet and not overwhelming note of pineapple and orange that is not cloying, the florals
in Zen are very light and don't stand out like the fruit notes but i notice
a bit of lily of the valley Hyacinth in
diluted form powdery lotus and sweet freesia, the drydown has a wet earthy
feel of patchouli after the night's rain
in the forest and finishes with a dry and mysterious note of incense.

KATeriCOS
KATeriCOS

Zen is one of those rare perfumes that grabs your attention instantly.
Envy me girls! I got the bottle of this magic today!

Yamba1
Yamba1

For me, this is the perfumery equivalent to the missing link. It was instant love. I had been looking for a perfume that offered a modern spin on the heavy orientals. This is it! On application, I get citrus with a brief hint of camphor (weird- must just be me) then it evolves into a beautiful balance of flowers and incense without being sweet or overpowering. Long lasting 6-8hrs. I get compliments on this each time I wear it... Not for the office though- this is way too sexy.

Ninulia
Ninulia

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS PERFUME!!!! i tried it on a hot day and its soooooo goooood!!! maybe it is little alike mademoislle but I find this better although mademoiselle was my signature perfume :)))) I WANT IT MADLY!!!

guest_ddm
guest_ddm

Estou completamente apaixonada por este perfume... Adoro!

guest_veronika
guest_veronika

I've noticed lots of peops regard zen similar to coco mademoiselle. I strongly disagree. not that I dislike coco, but it is sweeter, whereas zen has nothing sweet about it.

guest_n
guest_n

I have lots of perfumes, this one though makes such a stark statement!
no kidding or exaggerating, every single time I wear this scent, complements just never stop coming. it just knocks people out. my signature smell.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

This one smells expensive to me, I can almost smell some Chanel in there it's got quality. I like to spray on it on my scarf and I like smelling it throughout the day. Good staying power but I do 2 sprays on each side of the neck.

Dark Curls

ok i wore this yesterday and only wore it half the day before switching to something else i could SMELL. I like how Zen smells, but on me it does not last, even when sprayed on clothing! I applied it at least 5 times. It was warm yesterday too. Oh well. I will keep it, but I really like a perfume I can actually smell and enjoy.

zvoncica
zvoncica

This is my first Shiseido contact. Must say it went excellent!
The title Zen, considered as synonym for meditation and passing a wisdom through thoughts, prepared me for calm and silent notes. I inhaled my skin upon opening of top notes. My god!

Zen is big balls of fire, the sun blasting in your face after long gray winter. Bungee jumping from the bridge towards sea surface, splash of the sea in your hands and face. Snow boarding in the Alps, tired, warm and adrenalin overdosed. Zen is juicy cocktail in the beach bar, karaoke competition with your friends and endless aqua gun rides.

Comfortable, lively and long lasting. This is what descriptive mean when saying vibrant floral. Bravo!

Dark Curls

help me ya'll should I order a bottle of this, or the limited edition summer??? i have smelled neither. Help!!!

hapa
hapa

I have never encountered such a positive, cheerful and yet non-irritating perfume. This is what I imagine Clique's Happy wishes it could be but instead has to be satisfied with looking up at Zen in admiration and being unable to actively hate it because it is that likable.

Zen is uplifting and reassuring just like your oldest, dearest friend. There is something so authentic and genuine to it that you cannot help but like it. Even when you try to break up with Zen you still find yourself buying bottles as gifts because you just can't tear yourself away from it. I wish I was exaggerating but I'm not.

Now, I'm not a naturally optimistic happy person but this fragrance makes me feel that way. This is probably why I quit buying it for myself and just buy it for gifts. I actually feel guilty walking away from something so good so keep it in my life even if it is for a passing moment. You have been warned.

Taxidermy
Taxidermy

I agree with kylexora. While Coco Mademoiselle is elegant, Zen is relaxing, so they are different stories to me. Zen smells refreshing and slightly dark. This fragrance is like a little meditation ;) I cannot really discern any individual notes - that's how balanced Zen is.

kylexora
kylexora

i love and i have coco mademoiselle and i tell you, they aren't the same. coco mademoislle is more classy and elegant. while shiseido zen is more fresh and relaxing. i can't deny that they smell slightly the same, that because they are using same ingredients. but, you can still spot the different if your nose really keen. zen is more sharp and airy, coco mademoiselle is more intense. well, i love both. and i'll buy a zen during chrismas...

enigmatict
enigmatict

The opening is the same as Narciso Rodriguez For Her and then it dries down to a copy of Coco Mademoiselle. Very generic, not enjoyable at all.

Divenus
Divenus

I read about this fragance an got curious. But when I smell it, I had to buy. It´s incredible. Different of everything I ever smell, seems like you are hugging yourself... It´s the sexier fragance I ever prove. I have the gold edition, but they give me samples of the normal one. And to those one who are asking if is any diference, I tell you: NO. It´s the same. Perfect

I think this perfume is absolutley beautiful. It mixes perfect with my chemistry. This does not smell at all like coco madamesielle which I do not like at all. Zen is smooth, where coco is like an assult. Two completely different scents.

Aalia
Aalia

So many notes and so little time !
This perfume bursts with lightly sweet citrus and bergamot in the the top notes.These citruses here are not too strong or sharp, they are gentle and lead you to the flowers of the middle notes. The white flowers are more noticeable in this bouquet with slight accents by the light rose and shy apple. A soft sensation of patchouli leads to the base. The base is very light. At dry down there is only a faint whisper of cedar, and white musk.The other notes in the dry down are too faint to notice. This perfume is has so many notes and all are combined so well create this perfume wich brings a touch of pleasure, brightness, light, clarity, and tranquility, to mind. All of the notes, even being so many; create a wonderfully unified perfume, of simple essence. It is such a pity the fragrance-and the feeling of zen that it brings-is so fleeting !

michellehii

I always wear Zen at night. Today is the 1st time i wear to work (of course, day time). The wonderful smell keep distract me, making me wondering what nice smell is this. I still can't figure what makes it smell so good...It's different feeling to wear it day and night. But I don't think it's suitable for work. Maybe a vacation to a modern city or romantic city?!

I don't like its top note, but really love it when it starts to settle. Match nicely into skin :) and yes, it is ELEGANT! But I already have my perfect perfume, so guess won't be wearing it everyday still.

Ina_Mo
Ina_Mo

Zen truly feels like covering your skin with golden dust. It is absolutely gorgeous, powerful, unique and can be felt for a very long time. You can mostly feel citrusy notes of mandarin an bergamot, which are warmed by soft, tame and barely noticeable oriental notes such as incense and amber, creating a comforting base. Zen is one of the rare perfumes which can thrill me completely.
I first wore it on the night of maskarade/carnival, when I was a little Chinese girl, a Geysha tucked in Zen and it will always remind me of a night full of colorful masks surrounding me.

michellehii

Zen from Shiseido suprised me. Okay, I never expect nice perfume from Shiseido lol!!

I tried this as they are giving samples way. Strong but comfortable scent, but I can't tell what exactly the notes are. I will wear this perfume to a formal dinner / formal occasions. This perfume is serious, compare to playful Midnight Poison from Dior.

black bacarra
black bacarra

Cloying much? Very Giurmand like Lalique, lolita Lempicka, Angel etc. Not my thing. Zen implies something light minimalist and understated. This smells like sickening syrup.

chance25
chance25

I tested this out today. There were so many notes trying to come out, but in the end on me it smelled like a cheap sugary teen scent. What ever synthetic note that's in those scents was what I got. I expected a smooth, well-blended composition but it was a big thumbs down.

guest_OMG...
guest_OMG...

I don't get why people keep saying that Shiseido is trying to copy chanel's mademoiselle which they're not. Just cuz chanel came out with their perfume first then people say that zen is trying to copy it. A lot of people just think that because they don't know how good of a BRAND Shiseido really is and the quality of their products just because they're an asian brand but think about it,... it's one of the most popular and fifth largest brand worldwide!!!!!!!!!!

BitchyBitchy
BitchyBitchy

I smelled this one in Paris,well,it is least amazing perfume from shiseido,I hv a small museum of shiseido collection in my room,nombre noir,inoui,murasaki,serge lutens,many many bottles,I hv some special japanese shiseido line only in japan,liked suzuro,rose royale,well,why do shiseido produce this one???not much character in it.sorry,I did not buy it in Paris

Boggi
Boggi

Its like a sister to coco mademoiselle. Fresh, clean, comfortable. I like it, but I dont think its very special. But that's not neccesary negative. Perfect for office or relaxing in bed.

hena a
hena a

very clean, calming yet sexy. i dont think anyone can go wrong with this scent.

Oxygene
Oxygene

Stress-relieving and seductive, airy and strong, fruity and spicy. Perfect!

Jasper
Jasper

I sample it couple of months ago. It smell wonderful. Calm yet sexy. Gotta buy a bottle soon.

klonk
klonk

This one really had to grow on me... The first time I smelled it, several months ago, I did not like it at all. I felt it was too much of everything. But as I started using my sample (in a way I could not get it out of my mind), I also started to love it. I even bougth a 30 ml bottle of it last week...
After spritzing it on the scent is certenly not subtle at the beginning. I get a lot of fruity notes, the pineapple, and I'm not really a lover of fruity scents. Still this phase remains to be fresh because of the citrus. Fortunately after some minutes, the flowery and woody notes find their way to my nose. I also love the patchouli and the warm amber and vanilla in the drydown! I find it a very different and sophisticated scent. When lightly used its also suitable to wear at the office.... Staying power on my skin is quite good (about 8 hours easily).

Nuppu
Nuppu

So close to Gucci L'arte di Gucci (almost identical to me!), same honeyed flowers, but more lighter. And of course if I like LAdG I like this one too.

I don't feel this clean or fresh, quite opposite, more like heavy, syrupy, thick sweetnes, now with Shiseido just more subtle in a japanese way.

aromanic
aromanic

I have this one, very different from the romantic ones I'm used to wearing, this one is very clean, elegant, fresh. I also think it's very original, which is always something I look for in a perfume.

dianachif
dianachif

I bought it for my mother, but she didn't liked it. I can't tell this about me also.:):) I like very much the scent, I wear it from time to time, especially when I have very important meetings.:)

Zen by Shiseido 4.02 out of 5 based on 723 ratings and 102 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Shiseido Zen fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Shiseido Zen, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Zen by Shiseido. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Zen by Shiseido represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.