Designers » R S » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Baque Slumberhouse for women and men

Baque Slumberhouse for women and men

Baque by Slumberhouse is a Oriental Fougere fragrance for women and men. Baque was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Josh Lobb. The fragrance features apricot, cedar, vanilla, tobacco leaf, artemisia and ambergris.

Apricot Cedar Vanilla Tobacco Leaf Artemisia Ambergris

Baque Fragrance Reviews

If you desire a swap or sell your Baque even a sample

Maye swap for another Slumberhouse

I have Zahd, Vikt, Jeke, Rume, Norne or Ore and others.

PM me

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Perhaps my favourite so far from Slumberhouse, together with Ore. Again, the Slumberhouse mantra: sharp, powerful, vibrant, a "stereo" feel. A bold cocoa note, dustier and darker than ever, on a boozy tobacco-ambroxan base and a rough, earthy, biting patchouli feel, heavy and gloomy. There's no patchouli but cocoa and tobacco give me that feeling. Think of Lutens' Borneo 1834 on steroids. Like being thrown in a humid, black, empty, deep reservoir, with green, bitter, poisonous branches growing on the walls. You also feel quite clearly the cedar and the mossy notes, with this sour, dense and tiny heart of artemisia. And then, of course, the tobacco, so rooty, powerful and overwhelming you don't even notice it's there – because it's surrounding you. Shady, humid and pungent, the Holy Grail of tobacco lovers. Like waking up in a humidor. As minutes pass it progressively dries down still remaining super dark and dusty, with this dense poisonous heart, and a balsamic breeze which is the consistent trademark of many Lobb's scents. The drydown is slightly sweeter and stickier, but the texture is the same, and it goes on, and on, for hours, tasty and clear like hours before (again, Slumberhouse's linearity: that may turn into a "con"). Besides the great, balanced, bright composition, the materials are just amazing, powerful and vibrant. Sadly for the moment it's discontinued but it's a mandatory try!

Intense and penetrating, Slumberhouse Baque reminds me a lot of some of the dark oriental perfumes of the house of Serge Lutens. There's the same dried fruit mixed with very concentrated woods and spices. Yes, this could easily be a Serge Lutens perfume! Do I like it?

Well, there is a sort of rankness to the opening minutes of this composition which makes it less appealing as a perfume which I would choose to don to go just about anywhere. Would people think that I need to bathe? is a question which comes to mind upon sniffing the big sillage of this potent elixir.

Probably Baque, like its likely inspirations from the house of Serge Lutens, is better suited for an occasional wear at home. To me, this is an event scent more than a creation which I would reach for in order to perfume myself. I appreciate the quality of the materials here, but in the end, Baque is not something that I really have any interest in smelling like.

I admit that this creation raises the interesting question: what is perfume? I am confident that Serge Lutens devotees would love this composition.

Boozy, Smoky, Ashy.
The edge of rotting fruit at the beginning.
The middle of smoked dried fruit at the end.

Like looking down into deep dark lake of tobacco cured fig water.

This is Billie Holiday singing Strange Fruit,
This is Sarah Blasko singing Flame Tree from Little Fish

Broader and smoother than Jeke. Doesnt have the harsh ash dry wood of Jeke (the balsamic notes in Jeke keeps the love affair alive).

Baque just beautiful.

[Update 1]
The more the revisits, the more the love.

After a few hours, everything settles down and I get a soft buttery nutty hue. Smoke is very soft now. Just lovely. Agree that projection drops down somewhat.

Longevity is around 4 hours compared to
Jeke with approximately 18 hours

[Update 2]
I'm relagating Baque to the House of Unobtanium

Tried buying a bottle of Baque - waste of time - unfindable even via Slumberhouse. And no response from Slumberhouse when emailed multiple times.

Has Slumberhouse lost interest in Baque ?
Has Baque (like Mozart) fallen into the grave of Creative Commons ?

The hand written label indicates Baque was an early exercise.

But still the want goes on.

Open message to Josh
Bring back the love
Bring back Baque

I'd be willing to pay to get this happening again......

This goes on very strong, but settles quickly into a dense combination of ashy smoke that's similar to Jeke, but with a more rich, amber based center to it. One reviewer noted that it smells like Maker's Mark and, while it's got that boozy thing that many Slumberhouse fragrances have, to me it's got more of a blend of spicy raisins to it. I guess the closest comparison would be Ambre Sultan, but this is far more dirty / ashy. Longevity and sillage are jaw-dropping, of course. I put a tiny amount of it on around 7am and 12 hours later, it's still radiating. In this sense, it's like all of the Slumberhouse line in that around the 6 hour mark, it really settles into something else entirely -- either that, or you have. Amazing.

Wearing this again today and just wanted to add a new observation. At times, the projection of this scent seems to drop way down, but once you start to move, the smoke aspect becomes very strong and even leaves a trail. Totally weird!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Slumberhouse Baque fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Slumberhouse Baque, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Baque by Slumberhouse. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Baque by Slumberhouse represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.