Designers » R S » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Norne Slumberhouse for women and men

Norne Slumberhouse for women and men
dislike

Norne Slumberhouse for women and men Pictures

Norne by Slumberhouse is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Norne was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Josh Lobb. The fragrance features fir, incense and spicy notes.

Fir Incense Spicy Notes

Chaparral®

Norne Fragrance Reviews

Malthus101
Malthus101

I like this.

At first it reminded me of Profumum Roma's "Fumidus" but not as pungent.

Often reviewers describe some perfumes as "dark and gothic" when they are anything but; however, this can truly be described as dark and gothic.

This is what Count Dracula would wear when he seduces his female guests.

I haven't tried Fumidus on my skin as it smelled way over the top on card but after trying Norne on my skin, I would go back and try Fumidus.

Norne I ike very much - the smokiness doesn't hang around forever and it dries down into a very nice smell. It's warm and inviting I feel. I like the wood and insense it contains.

I've been wanting to get a dark incense frag and this could well be it.

It's expensive though at £135 for 30ml in the UK!

But, it's very concentrated, like vampire blood.

WARNING - DO NOT SPRAY ON WHITE CLOTHES

The juice is a green oil, it stained my skin so be careful with clothes.

A very nice scent, I'll try it again.

theperfumedveil
theperfumedveil

Vicks Vapor Rub.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Powerful, sharp, smoky opening of Iso E and eugenol (cloves), foggy and medicinal, with dark aromatic woods and - as many other works among this genius line - a sticky, gloomy, meditative, liquid post-apocalyptic feel, an overall "vibe" brought to life just thanks to the power of the materials and the superb balance of the texture. Metallic cloudy echoes of concrete, pollution, nature, and a black, terpenic, dense heart, with a milky-green alkaline balsamic vein, fluorescent like the acids in a dead battery, and a prominent medical accord (cloves). Once it, say, "tunes in" with the skin warmth it then opens up in a funereal, ashtray-ish incense/woody scent, with a sort of post-industrial liturgic heaviness, blending the incense note with the medicinal accord, in a dusty, woody, green "nowhere". I just love how Lobb plays with notes and materials to create worlds, situations, (urban) landscapes. His line is like a Ballard novel, I know I already mentioned him in another review, but that is one of the names that just comes to mind more often while wearing these scents. Also, I now realise how close Slumberhouse is to O'Driù, the "visual" inspiration is quite different (Pregoni is more provocative, playful, "artistic", whereas Slumberhouse as a more peculiar, "obsessive" passion for decay, darkness and de-personalised notes and accords) but they share the same "role" in today's perfumery, the same self-taught, free and independent research for a "new", maybe naif way to make perfumes, doing just a "tabula rasa" of all conventions and trying to make stuff that fits our age, or even the future, instead of reiterating a nostalgic set of reassuring codes and techniques (which of course is not bad itself: it's just nice and healthy to have someone like these guys who tries to look beyond that, it's how progress works). Two great outsiders, and in fact, I read that Lobb likes O'Driù. Well back to the scent, nice smoky and woody drydown, still with a persistent camphor/cloves feel. Not my favourite among their range, mostly because I am personally not that fond of cloves (and here they're quite prominent, for hours and hours), so I would not really wear this, but apart from my preferences, surely well made and worth a try.

7,5/10

NINaudio
NINaudio

This scent reminds me of my childhood. Norne smells exactly like an incense I used to burn at Christmas: fir trees, a little incense smoke and some spice. A very well blended fragrance for sure, one of if not the best pine scents I've smelled. Thanks for the trip down memory lane Slumberhouse!

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

At first application of this scent to my skin I am getting a very concentrated smell of smoky Frankincense. It smells like it's actually melting on charcoal. If you have experienced this before it's unmistakable.

Around the main smoky incense I can smell pine sap, very green and smoky like someone has thrown pine onto the charcoal thats burning Frankincense. The scent then becomes very spicy in a green mossy coniferous way.

This scent is like a piece of art that I can appreciate but could never wear. It's just to concentrated and overwhelming for my taste. I mean I love the Mona Lisa but would never have a print of it hanging on my living room wall. lol

Kain
Kain

The smell of burning pine forest at night in the bottle.
The opening is a heavy green, piny, woody, mossy and smoky scent with touch of spices.
While the scent has that green woody piny aroma, it's extremely smoky and dark because of heavy incense.
I can smell the burning woods, burning pine needles and burning mosses on tree's skin.
I can feel some sort of damp feeling as well. something like patchouli that give the scent wet and a little earthy feeling. there are soft spices in the background but not too much.
As time goes by the smoky feeling of the scent settles down and I can smell much more spices and more earthy feeling.
The mid is not as dark and smoky as the opening, but still very exotic.
The scent didn't change till the end.
Projection is very good and longevity is around 9-10 hours on my skin.

بوی یه جنگل کاخ در حال سوختن در داخل شیشه عطر
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی سبز و بسیار سنگین برگها و چوبهای درخت کاج شروع میشه که دز بسیار قوی از رایحه بخور اونو همراهی میکنه و بهش حس قوی دودی مثل بوی درختهای کاج در حال سوختن در حالی که نزدیکشون واستادین رو میده
کمی رایحه ضعیف ادویه ها هم به مشام میرسه اما خیلی ضعیفه
در کنار اینا من یه بوی مرطوب مانند هم حس میکنم. احتمال میدم به خاطر وجود رایحه نعنای هندی باشه که حس مرطوب و کمی خاکی به عطر میده
با گذر زمان رایحه دودی و سنگین و تاریک بخور تا حدی ملایمتر میشه و رایحه ادویه ای و رایحه خاکی قویتر
البته رایحه میانی به سنگینی رایحه ابتدایی نیست ولی بازم بوی بسیار خاص و سنگین و متفاوتی داره. دیگه بوش تا آخر تغییری به اون صورت نمیکنه
پخش بوی خوبی داره و ماندگاریش حدود 9-10 ساعت روی پوست هست

Q80
Q80

this one smells like fireworks, personal fireworks
allot of spices, quite harsh and very strong.
it doesn't impress me at all!

HickorySmoke
HickorySmoke

I'm not digging this scent on my skin. I have nothing but respect for the quality of this juice, and the insane longevity of it while sitting somewhat close. Jeke on the other hand is off the rails crazy good on me!

6.5/10

farang
farang

I like the smell of Norne. It smells like a dry, mossy forest and is pleasant to me. It has good projection and longevity. However, I would only wear it if I go for a walk in the forest. If I wear it here in a large city, I would feel like 'the man from the forest'. It doesn't work as an (urban) fragrance in my case.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

My 3rd time sampling this. This is not to my liking at all.Kudos for making the juice black but it's to out their. Dark and mysterious with loads of outdoor residue. Projection as killer but not my type at all

gishgamesh
gishgamesh

As a long term Black Metal fan, I was intrigued to find that there actually existed a perfume inspired by this relatively underground subculture. Personally I think Slumberhouse have done well to capture the essence of the 1990s Norwegian Black Metal scene, with all its chilling controversy, darkness, and melancholy.

I am not going to describe the notes of this perfume, or other fragrance related technical details. Instead, I am simply going to reflect upon how this perfume makes me feel. I enjoy wearing this perfume for the aura and nostalgic emotional journey it takes me on. However I do find it very dark and depressing. This isn't just a perfume, just as Black Metal isn't just a form of music. This is an intense experience, and I think anyone interested in the darker side of art and human existence may well and truly love this beautiful and unique creation just as I do.

tdwctdwc
tdwctdwc

No matter who wears Norne, it's bound to trigger a memory in their mind. No matter what background, pedestrian lifestyle, childhood, vacation, experience or life you've had so far, Norne will find that special sweet spot and trigger it.

I really can't see someone disliking this scent.

Not to be confused here mind you, I'm not talking about tropical beaches and coconut or pineapple, i'm talking about wild nature, fern forests, wet river mosses and fir trees. I'm talking about a place where we all, in reality or in our mind, have visited to seek embracement and unity with the great green mother of all.

For me, Norne reminds me exactly of this:

When i used to be a teenager, we had this river crossing a very deep valley. It had the cleanest coldest water. It was very narrow with fern plants, fir trees, pine trees, mosses, crystal white big rocks and all sort of "green" species surrounding it on both sides.
We used to dive and swim there and right after we got out of the water, that exact moment, i could smell this beautiful organic aroma. It had the mixture smell of the water, wet rocks, mosses and everything "green" surrounding the area.
So fresh, so green, so wet, so amazing, i could never forget that smell.

Norne takes me to that place and recreates it with one single green stainy spritz (lol).

I'm happy to oblige.

Woweee what Strength! This takes no prisoners at all unrelenting dark, dark, green forrest magnificent.
The black, Gothic juice finally in my possession it reminds me of a jar of black olives.
I could speak about the naturalistic fir, rotten pine needle laden Forrest floor all day. Instead I'm going to speak to the burnt but not smokey, sawdust element which takes me back to school in woodwork class. Norne smells like singed MDF (couldn't be less natural!) or friction burned wood. It has a deep resinous quality and is totally unique smelling with the spiciness and perception of smoke giving a meditative incense vibe. This composition seems simple, and is really...Norne provokes, varying but definite responses which give a air of complexity.
I love it and it can stain me all it wants, I'd wear it... not sure when though?
The silage and longevity from this extrait are massive.

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

If it didn't stain, I'd probably get it. The descriptions of this sound intriguing.

jht4060
jht4060

An homage to the great conifer forests of the north, Slumberhouse Norne is as much a resin as a perfume. The fluid is cloudy, sticky, and deep green, and it smells like it. At first it is all fir needles and sap, then it gradually gets more earthy, as if you started sniffing the air in the conifer forest primeval, then gradually lowered your nose to the foot-thick forest floor of old needles and rotting wood. Quite remarkable.

The bottle is filled with glass beads, so at first you might feel cheated (hey - there isn't that much fluid in here!), but what is in there is about parfum extrait concentration so it all comes out fine. And the beads rattling around in the bottle are kind of fun.

Norgirl
Norgirl

Not for the faint hearted ;)
This is a STRONG blast of dark forest. Fir, weet moss, and rotting wood. Dark damp , moist and very green. Almost Smokey I Guess it is the incense that makes me feal that way. This is the oposit of a fresh fir.pine scent like etoil nuit.
Please be gentel when you test this it clings to Your skin like nothing i have ever tryed , And yes it is green and stains even Your skin, It feals a bit sticky to .
I love to test and try this one sins im a fir pine scent lover, But this one is a tad to much on the masculin dark side to wear for my taste .

TheLumineri
TheLumineri

This is one of Slumberhouse's more tolarable offerings so far....Vikt was a FAIL in my book...Norne can be pleasant for the fall. Very green....I mean LITERALLY GREEN...don't ever spray on clothes or they will stain...actually, don't spray on visible locations of skin either...you WILL have a big green spot on you. Smells nice though. Give it a try.

ninja_shy
ninja_shy

The initial scent is a very strong herbal smell with some sort of clove scents. With great disdain, this reminds me of the Chinese herbal medicinal soups/teas that my mom makes me drink. That stuff taste like mud. :( Three minutes in, I detect a smoky piney scent. The scent is slightly softened but it’s still really cloying. The dry down on me is purely herbal; any hint of pine has dissipated. Overall, I find this perfume to be very masculine. I cannot see myself wearing this because it reminds me of my childhood where my mom drags me to the Chinese herbal shop to get herbs for that soup. The scent just hits you like a brick wall when you step in to the shop, it’s like the air gets sucked out of your lungs. That’s how I feel about this perfume. The longevity of the perfume is great, after massive scrubbing with multiple soaps, showers and make up remover; it still remains on the skin for the next two days. O.o

Last night I took a BBW Aromatherapy Eucalyptus Spearmint bath with extra eucalyptus essential oil thrown in to intensify the vapors. Afterwards, I applied the matching lotion, so I awoke with a light layer of aromatic eucalyptus and mint on my skin.

Completely by chance, I selected for testing today a perfume which complements last night's bath ritual perfectly: Slumberhouse Norne. No, it does not contain any eucalyptus or any spearmint (as far as I can tell), but it does contain massive amounts of fir tree aromaticity, tree sap, resin, camphor, mulch, and a touch of rotting wood. This is essentially a forest in a bottle.

Not just a forest, but a forest at high altitude, filled with evergreen trees. Pine needles coat the spongy dark soil and crunch ever so slightly beneath one's feet. The air is cool and fresh; the sky is blue, and there is not another soul anywhere in sight. Have you ever climbed up one of the fifty 14K ft mountains in Colorado? There is no greater sense of liberty than reaching the peak and catching one's breath while gazing down below from the top of the world.

I grew up in Colorado, so I know what I'm talking about: Norne is the quintessential mountain forest olfactory experience all concentrated in a liquid to take with you wherever you go! Nice.

puncturedbicycle
puncturedbicycle

So today Norne is a completely different animal than when I first tried it this summer. This is smoke on a grand scale: bonfires, joss sticks, birthday candles, head shops, fireworks, the smell of starting a fire in the fireplace with tightly crumpled newspaper and bits of cardboard, and last but not least, the savoury smell of smoked paprika and smoked salami hanging in the deli. If you like smoke, you'll have trouble dragging your nose away because the evolution of Norne is quick and compelling.

There is a strong hippie/head shop element here, but the sheer weight of smoke might swing it in a completely different direction depending on how it sits on your skin. I sort of love it - even though I hate joss sticks - but I'm not sure how wearable it is. I do love the smell of bonfires and barbeques so...

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

Fascinating fragrance when first applied. It left a green stain on my arm. Definitely DO NOT PLACE ON CLOTHING.

I get a BIG forest green out of this.....invigorating like you just stepped out of a hot tub in the mountains of Aspen, Colorado.

I was praying for this to be the bitter herbal green that I've been looking for but it's not. It turns into a "spa menthol" smell. If only this would have blossomed into a heavy stark POLO GREEN I would have whipped out my credit card.

A wonderful sample experience regardless.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

CHRISTMAS TREE ON FIRE

I like this smokey evergreen tree, but not as a fragrance. I'd prefer to enjoy it as a room scent in winter time (perhaps a candle).

Very long lasting (I'm up to 12 hours now).

I think the projection may be moderate to strong, but I dabbed it on my wrist and forearm and only those close to me could smell it.

It's an interesting take on a dark and fresh scent.

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

Like the Scandinavian black metal music which partially inspired it, Norne is NOT for everybody, and may scare quite a few folks! The sheer weight of the smoke, resin and camphor can be overpowering. There is some sweetness there, too, but it's a wild sweetness of woods and sap, not candy, flowers or even booze (except, perhaps, Retsina wine). I detected a slight animalic note, despite there being no actual musk or civet in the listed ingredients.
If you don't like it, the smell is still stuck with you all day (as is the color if you are not careful---this stains like crazy). Norne is one of the longest-lasting scents I have tried, possibly THE best longevity ever, and the sillage is certainly the most powerful I have ever experienced, even greater than Joop!
Naturally, I loved Norne. It smells sort of like Incense Avignon's feral, cannibal cousin.

lloydbruno
lloydbruno

At the opening I feel the woody aroma, dry and smoky, which derives from blending fir and incense, which are very evident here, fir having more prominence, i am feel in a burning forest , and is very, very natural smell, if I close my eyes, imagine myself near a campfire burning branches with the leaves still green.

To pass the hours, he softens and becomes more balanced, but the smell of the perfume itself does not change almost nothing, keeping the vibe woody and smoky from the beginning. It sure is a distinctive scent, and maybe I still have not gotten used to that smell so natural, I think this is for these people if dont care about the opinions of others, because the impression it leaves is that you were close a campfire. longevity very good and good sillage.

Mick_Trick
Mick_Trick

As someone who has spend much of my youth cavorting around in conifer forests during day and night for much of my youth, I know what they smell like... Norne on the initial spray has that deep resinous and sour smell from fresh resin taken straight from the tree bark and rubbed between your fingers... after a couple of hours the sour note of fresh resin has receded somewhat and a different aromatic takes center stage... It reminds me of when you have a bonfire in the forest, and someone throws a wet fir branch on... just at that moment there is a aroma that comes from the burning wet fir, part aromatic steam, part sour hot resin, and part wet smoke. Incredible the imagery contained in this beautiful fragrance...

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

A clinker-built Viking long boat pulls out of the fjord, bent for pillage and conquest. NORNE!

Merciful HEAVENS, this stuff is strong! I've yet to classify a fragrance as being "headache-inducing," but this comes close. I put less than a drop on my wrist and that was driving me nuts. Scrub, scrub, scrub.

A tall blond man, his beard in braids, sharpens his battle-axe. NORNE!

It's unbearably coniferous and makes me think of institutional use compounds rather than perfumery. It reminds me of some industrial grade pine-scented degreaser I once had to work with when I was a maintenance worker at Lockheed. My wife took one sniff and issued her verdict: "Vicks Vapo-Rub" (picking up on the camphorous notes, obviously).

The monks scatter as the berserkers emerge from the ship, plug their guitars into the amps and begin playing. It's loud, hate-filled and obnoxious. It's NORNE!

Not safe for work, certainly not a safe blind buy and since this stuff is greenish-black like the goo issuing from Woden's wounded eye, probably not safe to be sprayed upon clothing, either.

NORNE!

Unless I was dressed as a pine tree for some Halloween party I'd never ever wear it, but, actually, I have a use for Norne. Climb into the infrastructure where the heating/air conditioning system is located at some concert hall just before the orchestra plays a piece by Sibelius - preferably "Tapiola" op. 112 - and dump a few milliliters onto the filters to invoke the terrifyingly endless northwoods of Finland.

NORNE!

rethsarah
rethsarah

Norne is a quality, powerful and well-made extrait that stains my skin greenish black. At first, there is a familiar and fresh bitterness. Frankincense. Freshly crushed cumin and anise? A dash of pepper and coriander powder and some other dried herbs. The woods and incense complement each other. It is smoky, woody, spicy and dry, reminding me in the beginning more of Encens Flamboyant than Fille en Aiguilles.

The bitterness is the first to go, but the scent remains black as black can be. It is an enigma - burnt and resinous but not damp; deep, but not heavy; dry, but not arid; herby but not green! Musty hemlock, incense and spices take centre stage. An hour later I usually begin to detect a whisper of terpenic conifers which become supporting players as the spices withdraw and Norne cools and softens with the moss and lichen; fresher, colder and greener than before.

I read an interview with Josh Lobb recently where he said Norne was inspired by Scandinavian black metal and the mindset that comes with that and that's when it hit me. He's right; if I got enough of the astringent fir and pine that everyone else seems to be smelling, that is EXACTLY what Norne would smell like. Paleopaganism. Bleak, dark Norwegian woods (and ahem, church-burnings) in the early 80s. But on me, it is warmer.

However....today, about two hours in; shock! I brought my wrist to my nose and physically recoiled as I was hit with a passing whoosh of camphor. What the..? There was nothing remotely like that before! This reminds me of Chandler Burr's take on notes being like balloons of different molecular weights lifting off from the skin. Maybe it was just a light, little bubble of bonded atoms breaking free from a heavier molecule! How bizarre.

Norne is really lovely in a very unusual way. It's not everyday wear or for the office, but it's very enjoyable and with impressive lasting power.

Jwaks
Jwaks

Intense doesn't even begin to describe this... imagine smelling a fully burnt evergreen tree, still smoldering with whisps of white smoke rising overhead, trails of black charred resins running down the trunk and piles of black, gray and white ash underneath. Now imagine placing your nose right up to the charred trunk and inhaling. You're smelling Norne. You will not find a stronger burnt wood, incense and smoke scent. Period. Not for the faint of heart.

meama
meama

71) Norne is a renowned brand of sauna that bring you at home fully assembled, with eucalyptus and a beautiful Scandinavian inside.
I Hope you really like eucalyptus, all your house will smell it.
Joking aside I have to say that the quality is great and the composition very successful. Probably the one that will stay as the most emblematic of this original brand.
Never smell something with a projection as huge as that. I was in a bar 5 meters from my friend when she opened the package of the perfume, I could already breathe the scent when she was not even trying it. The longevity must be counted in days. I would compare the texture with dilute super glue.

Dragon St Charles
Dragon St Charles

This had me at woody/balmy/aromatic, unfortunately it lost me shortly thereafter when I sampled it. I usually love anything with those notes but NOT Norne. NO. It smells like a pine forest that has been set on fire. I know a lot of people love it, and generally I am very adventurous with scents (which drew me to Slumberhouse to begin with) and while there is no denying this is unique, to my nose it is NOT pleasant at all. Sorry :(

This is the Slumberhouse scent that I thought I would like the best, but it was quite the opposite. My advice: if you are thinking about blind buying Slumberhouse, DON'T DO IT! I'm so glad I got samples first and saved myself $100.00

I will be sticking to my beloved Estee Lauder Sensuous Noir for my pine fix. For now :)

nastyamason
nastyamason

I love evergreens, incense and spices in general. I love "foresty" and "churchy" scents. Norne was compared to Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles, which is my winter signature, so I knew this was the fragrance for me and bought a full bottle untested. Well, I guess my expectations were set too high. While this perfume is pleasant and will do for aromatherapy, it just did not wow me. First of all, it is so bitter, I could almost taste it. I have an extrait, not EDP, and with its bitterness it reminds me an evergreen flavor overbrewed tea. I think it would be better if it was not so concentrated. Then it smells too masculine. It is fine with me, since I purchased it for home use only but for public wear it is, probably, not the best choice for women. It would smell wonderful on men, though. While the smell is quite natural, it is linear and not sophisticated. I would not call it a masterpiece. And it does not smell like Christmas at all. It does not smell like Christmas tree. It smells like dark, scary, mysterious evergreen forest. I think the name "Enchanted Forest" would be perfect for this perfume. However, I much prefer Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles and Vagabond Prince Enchanted Forest to Norne. These are my favorites. Norne: just like.

ivy818
ivy818

I can't stand how much I love this. I truly have no words. As others have described, this is not a fragrance. Deadidol said it perfectly in a post when he described it as "an aesthetic trip". It is, absolutely, an aesthetic trip. It is an extrait, so it is the truest reflection of the designer's vision. Simply amazing. It is the Pacific Northwest forest.

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

I'm a big Slumberhouse fan - if only because Josh isn't afraid to experiment and isn't afraid to punch us in the face when he wants to. Much respect, J!

I love Norne. Maybe it's 'cuz I've always been a huge fir odor nut (ever since I was a little kid). This juice screams fir. FIR FIR FIR! PUNCH! It doesn't let up on it, either. It's countered out with other notes, but I love it because the fir stays front and center forever and ever. Yeah, it lasts - seriously long. I can still catch a bit of it off my wrist when I wake up the next morning.

If there are other juices this forceful and "firry" I'm (sadly) unaware of them. I've smelled lots of scents that contain fir, but this one is ABOUT fir. Absolutely not for everybody - try it out though.

Hélio Sérgio Rocha
Hélio Sérgio Rocha

Norne opens with a spicy and green note that evoques some deepness and profoundness from a wild jungle.

This green part of the scent brings me alcoholic notes from Jägermeister - the german digestif drink made of more than 50 herbs and spices!This part is a little bit dirty but also sensual.

When the deep green notes fade a bit - and i mean they smell good and different from others scents - then incense comes up making some noise!
The smoke that comes from this accord is dry and dark, giving an impression of the wild forest burning on fire!

I really like this one.
Very strong, powerful and perfect sillage!

ladykarl
ladykarl

Smells like 'bitters'
I'll bet that wearing this after a night of heaving drinking might cure a hangover. Refreshing and Clear-head inducing.
I think the balance of this perfume is nice because even though
there is a bit of 'weight', the astringent nature of Fir
keep the depths from taking you over.
It smells pretty much like you would guess it would smell.
Like fir, spices and incense. A little ' medicine cabinet' but in a nice way.

So, where to start from? Here: The juice is really pitch black. If you're familiar with Black Tourmaline, you'll probably know what I mean but Norne is even more black and much more dense...just like ink. You should better avoid applying it on clothes...

To those of you who already have some familiarity with other compositions by Slumberhouse, Norne shows all of the house's hallmarks: bold structure, powerful smell, dark atmosphere, strong herbal quality and, most of all, the usual spicy, sort of medicinal/camphoraceous/resiny vibe (maybe some clove as well?).

Norne opens sort of smoky/sweet and immediately brings to mind of Black Tourmaline but whereas many of the previous releases by this house kept this vibe throughout, Norne pushes on the accelerator by introducing a strong and dry herbal/woody quality supported by a monolitic dose of coniferous notes and frankincense. In this phase I can't help myself from thinking about a sort of Fille En Aiguilles devoided of the dry fruits and with the addition of a subtle raunchy/mouldy feel. On skin, Norne shows a perfect balance bewteen sweetness and the dark-resinous facet while on paper it results much more sweeter (skin test mandatory).

Overall Norne is pretty interesting if you're into the aforementioned fragrances and, after testing quite a few compositions by this house I can honestly say that this guy has his own, unmistakeble style. By any means Slumberhouse-ish.

Side note: If you'll happen to like Norne, I strongly recommend you to give a chance to the whole O'Driù line.

42gr
42gr

Camphorish, slightly resinous and balsamic. Good depth, a lake next to a field of conifers. Slight sweetness.

Continuing on after initial notes, start to get a whiff inside a cupboard. Spilled and leaking powders scattered like scree among the bases of spice bottles.

Some nutty / woody hints.

Thank god - the church finally arises in time and fills the air with hints of resin.

More serious than Rume.
Less intense than Jeke.

Unisex, most wearable.

4.3 / 5

[update]
Norne and Fille en Aiguilles (Serge Lutens) very similar.
Norne is deeper more sombre
Fille has brighter resin notes.

zola0203
zola0203

I understand the smoke sauna vibe, and initially can close my eyes and imagine sitting in an old smoke sauna with moss growing in the corners.
This is a lovely forest fragrance that projects well and lasts too!
Typical of Slumberhouse the herb/spice vibe begins quite prominently but soon settles into a feeling of lying on a woodland floor wrapped in a soft moss blanket....in a lovely, comforting sort of way

jlkm
jlkm

I won a sample of this some time ago, and can't keep ny nose off the bottle... First I really feel like being in smoke sauna and afterwards i could as well sleep in a pine forest.

Redpula
Redpula

The review below as guest was mine.. Got timed out while writing.
Here it is again...

Norne, a review..

A voyage to life, a trip inside the deepest walls of old churches, a dream sequence to a mountain passing a beautiful forest. The feel and description could be more than what was given.

The morning fog with the scent of camphor, balmy, magnetic, the smoke from burning woods and leaves from a late night camping. No marshmallows, no sweetness, no burnt sugar, no caramel nor creaminess.

The fresh feeling deep inside as mystical notes keeps floating and hugging all over. Two words to describe this Norne... "Black Holy"...

An appreciation to your life, to your darkness, to your light and your soul.

Norne is an experience. It will enthrall you. It is haunting as it is inviting.

This isn't Kyoto, Monk nor Avignon, not even amber, floral, patchouli, fruity, vetiver and oud. This is aromatherapy crafted to pure perfume pleasure.

For western noses, this might be something new. They may think of some similarity with Black Afgano or Black Tourmaline. This is never a Lady Gaga in black syrup.

Later, noses and appreciation will attest that Norne is even far from the two "black" above. Norne is solemn as it is hypnotic, dark and mysterious.

For eastern noses, this would be quite familiar. When I was a boy, I remember I have smelled a vibe of this but my focus to answer only led me to "nothingness".

Norne is an unknown "question".

Just enjoy Norne as it takes you to where your nose has not been, ever.

Life is uplifting and thankful when this black holy dwell inside you, at least for the next 12 hours, the next day or next. Tranquil, calming yet haunting. Pure darkness and pure light, "black holy".

Do not dare to choose Norne, Norne decides who will be "chosen". May Norne dwell within you and when it does, take the whiff, take some more, close your eyes, keep it unopened, meditate.

Sniffer, you were just taken and enslaved ...

An appreciation to your life, to your darkness, to your light and your soul.

Norne is an experience. It will enthrall you. It is haunting as it is inviting.

Norne is an unknown "question".

Just enjoy Norne as it takes you to where your nose has not been, ever.

Sniffer, you were just taken and enslaved ...

tymanski
tymanski

i'll simply concur witht the previous reviews- outstanding, unique, and utterly satisfying forest-floor experience. seriously: it is an immersive trip rather than merely a scent. i catch a faint, incensey affinity with tauer's lonestar memories in the far drydown, but norne is far more impressive on every level. enjoy!

ravenna
ravenna

This is it! Hands down the best forest scent I have ever come across.

Norne absolutely oozes rich sticky resinousness, smokey evergreen incense, dank mossy woods, and black pools of water all set against a moonless sky. A very intense experience, this fragrance is not evocative of the dark forest described- it IS that place. I could easily see how this might be too much for someone that's more into the idea of these scents than the actual experience of them.

I find Norne to be a completely addictive fragrance for this sylvan creature. I am quite impressed with the quality and craft displayed in this piece of olfactory art- and all the more so for it's outstanding longevity and sillage. Norne is in no way related to mainstream perfumery, it's profile hasn't been censored by a gazillion martketing mods, and therefore is probably not for the faint of nose. As always, sample first my friend.

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

If Yatagan was Youth Dew, it would be this. This is soooooooo good. A dark, resinous scent with lots of smoke and incense and a hint of animalic warmth. This makes me feel really masculine and sexy. Longevity and Sillage are superb, and the price is great for what must be parfum strength.

drummagick
drummagick

Amazing. It's not a fragrance, it's an experience. I ordered a sample for my son and he is going to go for a full bottle. The best forest fragrance ever!

My idea of church is being in the mountains, the forest, near a river. To have the touch of incense in this makes it almost a spiritual scent for me.

I'll be swiping sprays from his bottle now and then I'm sure. :)

deadidol
deadidol

This is, hands down, one of the most impressive scents I've worn in some time. It's very heavy, dense, smoky and woodsy -- certainly not for the faint of heart. It's astoundingly well articulated and reads like a journey through a forest; as if you're crawling through hollowed out logs, jumping through streams, crawling through brush, with the scent of wood fire and ash following close behind the whole time. Kilian could only dream of cooking up the kind narratives that this designer packs into a single bottle.

It's challenging in that it's more of an aesthetic experience than anything else, and is probably not well suited for those who gravitate more toward the mass-marketed fragrances (of even the "prettier" niche lines). This stuff is a (literal) trip; it stays with you for the entire day, and it will radically alter the way you experience your environment. My hat is off to this one.

Norne by Slumberhouse 4.29 out of 5 based on 149 ratings and 46 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Slumberhouse Norne fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Slumberhouse Norne, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Norne by Slumberhouse. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Norne by Slumberhouse represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.