Designers » R S » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Sunshine Smell Bent for women

Sunshine Smell Bent for women
dislike

Sunshine Smell Bent for women Pictures Sunshine Smell Bent for women Pictures Sunshine Smell Bent for women Pictures Sunshine Smell Bent for women Pictures

A fragrance that will definitely brighten your day, with blood orange over the base of sandalwood, vanilla resins and golden musk. A drawing of a cute sunshine is on the bottle.

It is available as perfume oil in a bottle with a glass applicator stick. The nose behind this fragrance is Brent Leonesio.

Blood Orange

Sandalwood Vanille Resin Musk

Sun
Sunshine & Pancakes
Jus d’Amour

Sunshine Fragrance Reviews

allegro_barbaro
allegro_barbaro

I can't imagine wearing this in sunny weather. It seems far too sweet for midday heat. I wish the citrus would stick around for longer before morphing into generic vanilla-woods. My daughter thinks it smells like Hippie Hollidays on me (which she adores) and she took it on holidays yesterday to accompany some Alpine hiking. Yes, I can see it working perfectly there.

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

This is a really lovely, happy and relaxed scent that suits it's name perfectly.
To my nose and on my skin this smells like an amplified version of how my skin smells when I have been sat outside in the sun on a slightly breezy summers day. I don't mean that it smells of sweat, and I don't mean a sun tan lotion type of scent, I mean literally the smell of clean bare skin that has been warmed by the sun yet kept from getting too hot by the light, warm breeze passing over.
This is a fairly quiet and subtle scent, not that it is weak, just that it has a gentleness about it. It does wear fairly close to the skin, but I catch wafts of it from time to time as I move around. So I would say that projection/sillage is fairly close wearing, but it does reach around 1 foot away, a lovely gentle aura of scent for a warm day.
I don't know what a "creamsicle" is that other reviewers refer to, so I cannot tell you if this smells like that. I don't find this overly sweet though, because despite the vanilla this has a good dose of sandalwood and musk that, for me at least, prevent it from moving into gourmand territory. I get very little orange, I get a hint of citrus but I find it well blended with the other notes. It is a necessary component but does not jump out for me as a note in itself. I get mainly a soft, creamy sandalwood with a clean skin like musk and lots of calm vanilla. By which I mean a more refined and gentle vanilla rather than toothache candy or artificial synthetic smelling vanilla.
I find quite a lot of similarity between this scent and 4160 Tuesdays Sunshine and Pancakes and I also find more than a passing resemblance to Mona di Orio Vanille.
Longevity is moderate for me, it lasts about 7 hours from a normal wear. I have tried both the edt spray and the roll on oil and prefer the oil of this one.
This is a happy and casual summer scent that is well worth a try, and it is very good value. Give it a try!

michelle34224
michelle34224

Love it! I don't smell the sandalwood, just creamsicle. It doesn't last long on skin, but on my shirt it lasted 2 days. Happy fragrance, I kept smelling my shirt when I was wearing it! :)

Arkira M.
Arkira M.

I have in oil perfume. It's intensive of sandalwood with a very very hint of orange on me. Orange is noticable only for first few minutes and after then, orange is hidden background from sandalwood. Kinda incense scent, not the cute one. If you looking for orange creamsicle, this is not what you should looking for, please go to Demeter Orange Cream Pop. However, if you are sandalwood lover, OK go.

unfortunately i gave away my large decant of "sunshine" and only kept the sample vial. since my last wearing(sometime last year)i have begun to really like this. very orangy, creamy and fresh. i also like the wood note in this as it's not too strong. the 1st time i tried it i didn't care for it. i thought it had an odd smell, but i don't remember why. this actually lasted the whole night and i still could smell it in the morning. i will definitely buy it again.

lmktacwa
lmktacwa

Since the fragrance is not up yet on Fragrantica, I'm going to put my review of Sunshine Mama's Spiced Tea up in this spot. I'll move it later when they get to posting the perfume.

This smells good. Exactly as you'd think a spiced tea smell would smell. It's bright, citrus and sort of an oranged chai tea thing going on. I agree that the longevity isn't that great. This reminds me of sipping Lipton Iced Tea with lots of lemon actually.

The thing that ruins it for me personally is the sandalwood. I am very picky about what I like my sandalwood to be in. To me, sandalwood is a "high pitched" wood scent... almost not a wood scent at all. I think a good candied patchouli woulda been a better grounding scent for this. or cedar, or even a toasted pine (not too green).

I'll use up my travel spray, but alas, probably won't buy the FB due to the sandalwood aspect.

Zephyrae13
Zephyrae13

So creamy, resinous, vanilla goodness!!! oh I love love love! the sandalwood is juicy, dripping with bloodorange, like a soaked wick. This would be wonderful even in summer, as its so light and scrumptious! it is reminiscent of creamsicle, but I detect a resin beneath that stops it from being too edible. A stunning fall fragrance, I'll have to wear later on in the year to see if it really blossoms! A favorite of my perfume hating fiance as well...

edit: over time the sandalwood seems to grow and grow, and it dominates on my skin. 8 hours later all I smell is sandalwood, and I'm not sure I like it. oh well, but I will be trying more of these scents as my search continues!

jesseyanne
jesseyanne

This scent is so simple in the approach, with just a few notes that are complex in their own right, such as blood orange and sandalwood. A gentle way for a woman to wear sandalwood. It opens with a nod to the first citrus that signals the end of winter and develops into the sweet outdoor musk of spring.

Spido
Spido

Too much sandalwood for me, gives me headache. Luckily it was an extra sample Smell Bent adferd on top of my order.

jrose77
jrose77

This is actually a review for the "remix" version of this scent - Sunshine, Mama's Spiced Tea (sun-brewed black tea spiced with tangy orange, clove, cinnamon, nutmeg and dry sandalwood).

At first spritz, I get a spiced orange smell. After it settles, it becomes orange plus "something". That "something" smells like a type of soap or air freshener that I've smelled before. It was hard to pinpoint at first.

The scent is mostly linear and it faded after an hour on my skin.

That "something" turned out be green-smelling. Pine.

4.5 hours later, it was faint. So much so, that I had to press my nose to my wrist to smell it.

After 10.5 hours, the smell was gone.

Woody bases tend to "disappear" on my skin. This happened with Daisy.

On my skin, this smell like an orange-pine air freshener with a very faint base. If you can carry light wood bases well, this would work out for you.

If you're like me, you won't be buying this. It's not chokingly bad (like Fuzzy Teacup was for me), but it's okay. I wouldn't wear this as it gives off an odd pine-y smell on my skin. I'll be sticking with my Little Miss Panda.

sofiii
sofiii

Sunshine is sweet, gourmand in a daily gourmand sweet treat way, orange-y and optimistic. Somehow I cannot really distinguish am I sniffing a perfume, or am I smelling the familiar smell of those orange flavoured jelly candies covered with a thin layer of sugar.

Sunshine is kinda linear, it just goes flatter, and tarter, somewhat with a hint of upcoming citrusy eraser smell. I was expecting a more uplifting smell for Sunshine, however what I get here, is more like a primary school girl’s school bag kinda sweet lollipop sunshine. Not that satisfied, but still find Sunshine nice enough to wear.

Towards the dry down, Sunshine becomes a moody pretty girl which is somewhat hard to deal with. The slightly rubbery smell is just a bit too much, and ruins the nice sweet orange-y sunshine feel to the perfume. Not impressed at all.

njyogachick
njyogachick

The other reviewers nailed it...orange creamsicle. Sunshine is a very cheerful, uplifting scent. It becomes a soft sandalwood on the dry down...I'm not terrible impressed by the sillage (there appears to be very little to none) and the staying power is even less impressive on my body. This would a great 'fume for a teenaged girl.

Edited to add: I liberally applied the rest of my sample of Sunshine oil. I immediately noticed a difference with sillage & a co-worker even complimented my scent. When I told her it was called Sunshine, she agreed it was a very appropriate name. The only downside of the liberal application is the resonating sweetness of the orange & vanilla...some people may find it too cloying.

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

When I put it on the first time, all I could smell was sandalwood. Luxurious and soft, but only sandalwood. As the hours passed, I began getting whiffs of vanilla and citrus, that I found out later was blood orange. However, when I reapplied about four hours later, I immediately perceived the blood orange right in the top! Both of my tests on separate days acted in exactly the same way. This fragrance evolves (devolves?) in reverse for me.

I'm not getting the "creamsicle" effect that other have mentioned. The orange is lovely over the sandalwood, and the effect is very rich. The wood is very dominant to me, with the vanilla, and to some extent the orange, seeming to be modifiers rather than their own separate threads. I'm not sure whether this is going to be my favorite of my samples, but I enjoy it quite a lot. It does make me feel sort of happy :)

Thalia
Thalia

Yep, Orange juice + vanilla = creamsicle to my nose! Very creamy, and not overwhelmingly sweet. Sunshine does not smell at all warm to me; I think the vanilla cools it a little -- appropriately for a creamsicle, if not so much for sunshine. I like it more after the sandalwood kicks in and sexes it up a little. It really does smell lovely -- I think it might be my favorite of the Smell Bents so far.

This is another in the Smell Bent line that I'm testing in the winter, and that I think will probably be much better in the summertime -- the scents have a playful feeling that screams summer to me! I can see Sunshine being super-fun when it's too hot to even consider wearing Fendi Theorema, but I still want that creamy orange luxury.

Carnelian
Carnelian

The more I wear this, the more I like it. It is a very "happy" smell. I don't get the "orange creamsicle" effect although I do get orange and vanilla for the first few minutes, then sandalwood & musk come in and add depth so it's not dessert. Sweet, light and luscious. Love it.

floof
floof

A blood orange creamsicle... Not as potent as the other smell bents, but my personal favorite (I love anything vanilla or gourmand). Absolutely stunning and subtle with mid lasting power. This is the best "creamsicle" frag I have found yet, and I have tried all price ranges- lucky for me, this is $20 without at all smelling cheap. I love Smell Bent!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Smell Bent Sunshine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Smell Bent Sunshine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sunshine by Smell Bent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sunshine by Smell Bent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.