Designers » R S » Woody Spicy « Groups

dislike

leather
ozonic
oud
Violet Tendencies Smell Bent for women and men Pictures Violet Tendencies Smell Bent for women and men Pictures Violet Tendencies Smell Bent for women and men Pictures

Violet Tendencies contains notes of earthy violet leaf, rough and worn leather, rich agar wood and dark spruce. It is available as EDT of 4 and 55 ml.

Violet Tendencies was launched during the 2000's. The nose behind this fragrance is Brent Leonesio.

Agarwood (Oud) Violet Leaf Leather

Violet Tendencies Fragrance Reviews

MaraDraffnon
MaraDraffnon

Bitter, herbal, medicinal kind of leather. The opening is so disturbing. It's terribly vegetal and unusual.
And then, I waited for half an hour or so.
The raw leather melted everything into its warm embrace : the violet leaf and galbanum became softer and more rounded and the oud gave a spicy vibe to the whole scent.

This is not your typical soft sueded leather, usually paired with iris. This is raw and serious, deeply manly but perfectly unisex. One of the best offering from Smell Bent in my opinion. I'll probably buy a full bottle as soon as it's on sale !

naomin
naomin

I'm not a leather kind of girl...per say...but I'm finding I love clean "new leather" scents. I adore Violet Tendencies. The clean leather is beautiful, rather neutral. I find maybe a trace of the violet, but it's oh so slight.

houstcs
houstcs

Overwhelming new leather with little violet at all. Very similar to OLO violet/leather in case anyone wants to know

khirsah
khirsah

This scent is absolutely disgusting, scrubbed it immediately and passed it on. It's like The Ring out of lord of the rings, travelling from person to person, except each one hating it and loving to pass it on

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

This one smells like a new Coach leather bag. With a naughty kick. It has great sillage and a good longevity.

steve0580
steve0580

This smells like brand new leather goods at a leather goods store.

peroxidestarr
peroxidestarr

I had very high hopes for this particular scent, as I am something of a violet freak. It's the one floral that is forever my go-to.

Usually, I prefer a softer, more muted version - similar to those powdery pastille candies my grandmother snuck me as a child. But, I wanted to venture out, try a BOLD violet, see if we could still be pals... Violet Tendencies (adorable name, btw!) is just that, an assaulting, saturated purple of a scent. That alone isn't off-putting. What I think my particular chemistry reacted unfavorably to was the leather.

Now, I actually find leather, suede, & earthier notes quite sexy, but this + me = plasticine, even pleather. It's a BURLY scent - almost unisex. While I do admire that, and feel there has a definite demographic that will appreciate it, I, sadly, will not be in their midst... :(

This one has the same kind of leather note as Cumming the Fragrance (I'm guessing that's what it is, though it is accompanied by an almost ammnonia-like element), but without the cigar and peat notes. Instead it has an interesting vegetal and gunpowder/steel like quality. I think this is the combination of a lot of violet and the spruce, but I don't get the agarwood so that might be part of it too. It comes together fairly quickly and seems linear after that. Other than a slight metallic quality, this is about as rich and natural a fragrance as one could hope for in such a simple scent. My preference is for softer and more complex fragrances, but this is certainly very good for what it is, and a good example of contemporary niche done right.

Moyra
Moyra

Lately, I have grown unaccustomedly fond of violets as a note, so of course my first Smell Bent interest was in Violet Tendencies, and woo baby!, what a violet!
There is nothing shrinking about this purple leather clad whipmistress, wafting a little oud and a dry bit of cedar behind a HUGE leather and violet cloud.

I am not personally fond of wearing scents that are too dry or somehow "masculine", but this is neither dry nor masculine on me, even though my skin gobbles most sweet notes. It dries down to a smoky violet leather that is honestly very sexy and very feminine, in a naughty kind of way.

I do Wish Violet Tendencies had a longer duration - after 2-3 hours it seems to fade away into one of those "skin scents" that don't rock my particular fragrant boat, since I love big sillage and long lasting perfumes. But it is still very much bigger bottle worthy. An 8/10 for the scent, alas, a 3.5/10 for lasting power

As an aside, there are some definite similarities between Violet Tendencies and my much cherished violetesque/leathery Putain des Palaces by Etat Libre D'Orange. However, Putain des Palaces is a far more ladylike version of this beastly little dominatrix, with a lot more flowers and a lot less leathery raunch.

flyushkifly
flyushkifly

for me: not wearable on its own. so stark and austere i have to mix it with my sweetest, girliest scents in small quantities to avoid feeling industrial or as if i'm wearing leather chaps. i liked the idea of a non sweet unisex violet, but this isn't just non sweet, it's surly. definitely aptly named.

women beware - this would be perfectly at home on a 250 lb biker named Axel.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Smell Bent Violet Tendencies fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Smell Bent Violet Tendencies, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Violet Tendencies by Smell Bent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Violet Tendencies by Smell Bent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Maison Francis Kurkdjian Absolue Pour le Soir Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles L`Artisan Parfumeur Mechant Loup L`Artisan Parfumeur Passage d'Enfer Lancome Cuir de Lancome (La Collection Fragrances) Donna Karan Black Cashmere Guerlain Mitsouko Eau de Toilette Tom Ford Oud Wood Smell Bent Incensed Short Fuse Annick Goutal Encens Flamboyant Parfum d`Empire Cuir Ottoman Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan Diptyque Tam Dao Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 3 Incense: Avignon Smell Bent NEVER NEVER LAND Smell Bent Werewolf Lumberjack Reclining on a Bearskin Rug Smell Bent Commando L`Artisan Parfumeur Al Oudh Etat Libre d`Orange Rien Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 3 Incense: Zagorsk