Designers » R S » Oriental Floral « Groups

Sofia Sofia Vergara for women
dislike

I have it: 14 I want it: 46

Sofia Sofia Vergara for women Pictures

Colombian actress Sofia Vergara, best known for her role in the TV series "Modern Family", launched her first fragrance in collaboration with Parlux, simply called Sofia. The fragrance includes notes and scents favored by the actresses, representing her true olfactory signature.

The composition is announced as a juicy floral - oriental. It is created by perfumer Bruno Jovanovic. Top notes include juicy blackberry, sparkling cassis buds and plum. Flowers of violet, Colombian rose and Colombian orchid are laid on the base of sandalwood, vanilla and earthy woods.

The bottle is designed to look like a cut emerald, only instead of green, it is colored in soft pink. The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum. Sofia was launched in 2014.

Blackberry Currant buds Plum

Rose Orchid Violet

Woody Notes Sandalwood Vanilla

Euphoria

Sofia Fragrance Reviews

bettybee983
bettybee983

definitely a rich scent. I am not sure that it is entirely original, but it has an undeniable allure. My husband goes crazy for it.

pravda48
pravda48

Will give a proper review later as I just bought a 100ml today.

Inital impression: it's in between B&BW's Forever Midnight (more similar to that one but a bit more depth vs sugar) & CK Euphoria. Syrupy sweet plum + orchid dominate by far, woody notes add almost a hazy tone to it all, and some vanilla and sandalwood add a bit more of a sweet/creamy comfort feel.

I like it a lot but it may've been a redundant purchase for me. Will see how it wears over the night! Sillage is great, 3 sprays and I'm pretty confident it'll be there for the next 6 hrs as I go out dancing.

gwynedd
gwynedd

This is a dead ringer for the newly-reformulated Dior Dune. That was a surprise. It is similar to La Vie est Belle, but La Vie has a patchouli base that shows up during drydown and this has no patchouli. Dune has patchouli as well. If you like Dune or La Vie, this is a similar perfume and priced somewhat more affordably.

innovativemomma
innovativemomma

I love this fragrance. I have worn it for a week now and find myself reaching for it everyday. It reminds me of a mix between Lancôme's lvb and Coco Mademoiselle without the patchouli that I also love but its not missing it. I carried this fragrance in my purse to work today and spritzed myself through out the day even though I did not need it. I just love love love the scent. I also ordered the larger size set so I can have a backup.

seaside
seaside

Oh, I so agree with the advice to test this first if at all possible.

I'm quite sure that I remember it presented as not being a heavy, overpowering scent. But then I'd believe anything coming from Sofia -- she is such a delight. If I had known the comparisons I'm now reading in reviews, I probably would have resisted.

It is very loud, which for me translated into a super-duper headache and those chest pains that I get from some scents (usually from horrid cleaning products).

I will say that it has excellent longevity and sillage, neither of which was a good thing in this case.

I still love Sofia, but sadly, I had to return this perfume.

twillocks
twillocks

Hey, does anyone have a sample of this. All I can find are large bottles. I would like to try before I buy a bottle.

Thanks

Pink_Ruffles
Pink_Ruffles

Sofia Vergara EDP smells like La Vie est Belle initially, or when sprayed on a test strip. But on my skin, it develops differently.

There is a traditional, nostalgic, feminine perfume quality to this fragrance in the same vein as a perfume like Beautiful (thus the comparisons but Sofia Vergara is not as overly complex). Later on in the wearing, it dries down to a soft, sexy sandalwood scent.

Sofia Vergara EDP can be quite strong so one spritz is enough. I also recommend trying before buying if you don't like loud perfumes.

It is quite different from the slew of celebrity fragrances that smell like one another. I love that this is a vibrant, womanly perfume and complements Sofia's personality well.

chillalot

I am so sad to say I'm not in love...very strong..perfumey even.im shipping it back..reminds me of angel in the sense that it bites me nose...I'll be avoiding all plum notes..i like my pefume to whisper..this shouts..beautiful bottle just not for me

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

I just got this today. This is like if Elizabeth Arden Red Door and La Vie Est Belle had a love child it would be like this. It is super floral very womanly with just a tad bite of La Vie Est Belle at the end. It doesn't have patchouli in the notes. Its incredibly long lasting beautiful bottle box. This to me doesn't smell like a knock off of La Vie and it doesn't smell anything like Flowerbomb because its not a sweet scent.

I happen to like La Vie a lot but glad this isn't has sweet and doesn't have vanilla in it.I can totally see her wearing this scent. Now its not a light scent its heady like if you like Beautiful, Tresor , Red Door and La Vie you will like it. Its a big girl floral.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

This is a dead ringer for Lancome La Vie Est Belle. Also a tad like Flowerbomb. I like both of those, actually like Flowerbomb mucho better! Anyways, I guess I can't be disappointed, because usually a fragrance with a celebrity name attached does smell like perfume previously on the market. So I would say if you have either one of LVESB or FB you can go ahead and skip this one.

Edit: I do like this, I can smell the differences between FB or LVESB. The price point is really really affordable and the bottle is very well made and pretty.

leboblue
leboblue

I also was very excited to receive this frag., and while it is a nice fruity wood it smells too much like Angel to become one of my favs. packaging and bottle are very well done. I haven't decided whether or not to keep it and if my opinion changes I'll repost. if you like Angel you'll like this.
Ok I've tried this fresh out of the shower now and it reminds me more of La Vie Est Belle. It's the little sister that plays nice with others.

5/12 I've been wearing this frag for two weeks and I like it more each day. initially goes on fruity but dries down to a very clean pleasant scent that lasts very long and is fresh. I'm guilty of reapplying throughout the day just to get the top notes going again. IMO it's a well constructed scent that can be worn by anyone. even though the initial blast is reminiscent of LVEB, the dry down is unique . Can't say enough about the box! Looks great and is very sturdy; better than most.

gwyneddd
gwyneddd

This was advertised as fruity and woody, The fruit--blackberry and plum, comes on at a burst during the spray, then disappears right away. Then, I detect a lot of cassis bud and a lot of wood, barely any violet and not much else. The dry down after twenty minutes is sweeter and a bit less woody. It lasts a long time--and I did a test, spraying a lot on after bathing and then going to bed. The next morning a powdery, fruity warm scent, that I liked much more than the initial drydown. It becomes very round. At that point, the fruit (esp the plum) is balanced with the florals and supported by the cedary wood in the background.

It's in the same family as Tom Ford Black Orchid but Black Orchid is heavier on the floral (esp. gardenia) and Sofia Vergara's florals are muted by the fruit and wood. There is also that note of vinyl so common in modern perfume but it dissipates.

The bottle is absolutely wonderful.It's heavy and fits the hand exactly. It's one of the nicest perfume bottles I've owned. I didn't like the perfume on spraying, but after a long drydown, it's delightful and not irritating to my asthma--so it's made of quality ingredients (natural essences) as I can stand natural essential oils but not artificial ones. If you like fruity warm florals, give it a chance. But it's strangely unimpressive right out of the bottle.

Tangobutt
Tangobutt

Like Scentwarrior, I was intrigued and really sucked in to her selling of this scent! As usual, Sofia was funny and captivating on HSN. I really was sure I'd love this perfume. The bottle is delightfully simple and looks great in the collection. The juice is a smokey pink color. The top is clear plastic. The fragrance is a big blast of blackberry and plum, fairly cloying. Unlike Lancome's La Vie Est Belle, which has a softened berry/pear opening note. This perfume reminds me of LVE Belle, except more like a counterfeit version that forgot the praline and patchouli.
I'm waiting for the middle notes and if there are woodsy basenotes, they are not detectable. Vanilla, yes. It is really sweet.

TheScentWarrior
TheScentWarrior

The second I read online that Sofia was coming out with her very own debut fragrance I was instantly intrigued. Then I found out that it was being sold exclusively through HSN and wouldn't be available in store for a few weeks. I knew that I couldn't hold off any longer. For some reason I wanted to get my hands on this fragrance. So, I waited and waited and waited and waited and the day finally arrived. The day where Sofia and all her greatness was going to make an appearance on HSN. I was glued to the tv. The moment the Host started ranting and raving about Sofia's new fragrance, I grabbed the phone and ordered 2 bottles (one for me and one for my mother). I was extremely anxious and excited to smell the "juice" inside. I finally received the fragrance yesterday (after a 6 day waiting period) and I was extremely disappointed. I had gotten my hopes so very high, that once I smelled the "juice" I was completely let down. I know, I know. Its only a fragrance. lol! I do NOT like the fragrance at all. However, my mom loves it. It smells like expensive bug spray to me. The fragrance smells exactly like Remembrance an Impression of Ralph Lauren's Romance.

Now when it comes to the bottle I instantly feel in love. The bottle is visually stunning. Its a piece of art. A beautiful. elegant and feminine bottle. Very lovely. A great addition to my own vanity. Its just a classy bottle. The bottle reminds me of two other popular fragrance bottles (Ivanka Trump perfume bottle and La Vie Est Belle Lancome perfume bottle) mixed together.

I don't want my review to stop someone from trying out Sofia by Sofia Vergara. You just need to smell the fragrance for yourself. You may or may not like it, but either way, you will get a beautifully made bottle out of the deal. Just use your "sense." Happy Sniffing!!! :-)

chillalot

Sounds yummy and the bottle is gorg..also I'm a sucker for pink juice...very excited I just ordered on flex pay...I never blind buy but for $13(first payment)I'll give it a try..i'll update on the actual juice asap

cremitasperfumadas
cremitasperfumadas

¡Soy colombiana y me muero de orgullo de ver como ha triunfado la bella Sofia Vergara!... Este perfume se ve maravilloso, espero que pronto llegue a nuestro país. Me ilusiona mucho apreciar las notas de rosa y orquidea colombianas.

NoirEternal
NoirEternal

This is a must have for me.... LOVE HER TO BITS,

MY TWO FAVORITE DIVAS Mariah / Sofia .... Welcome to the fragrance community beautiful, wish you success and many more fragrant gems

Sofia by Sofia Vergara 3.79 out of 5 based on 20 ratings and 17 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Sofia Vergara Sofia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Sofia Vergara Sofia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sofia by Sofia Vergara. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sofia by Sofia Vergara represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.