Designers » R S » Oriental Woody « Groups

dislike

leather
smoky
Winter Woods Sonoma Scent Studio for women and men Pictures

Amber and woody notes are united with a note of smoke which reminds of autumn and winter. This composition encompasses Guaiac wood, cedar, sandalwood, birch resin, oak moss absolute, castoreum, vetiver and ambergris. The nose behind the perfume is Laurie Erickson. Winter Woods was launched in 2008.

vetyver Birch Sandalwood Guaiac Wood Oakmoss Virginia Cedar Amber Castoreum

Fetish: Spank
Raghba Wood Intense

Winter Woods Fragrance Reviews

Calvini
Calvini

I'm so glad I got a sample of this as well. It's very different from the other woody ones; it's slightly animalic and quite cozy!

NicheMaster29

Take a look at my collection if you have time, out of all my fragrances i want to say this is currently one of my favorites next to AJ Arabia black I which is no one.
Projects like a beast for at least 5-6 hours and stays on skin for 18+ hours
I get so many compliments when i wear this
Review of this is also on YouTube my channel is ConsumerThis

NicheMaster29

One of the best transformations i have ever experienced. And it happens very very fast. The beginning is smokey and woody kind of dark and just ok... Then, the magic happens. A beautiful amber sweet incense with a touch of vanilla envelope the woods. Theres all kinds of woods dancing around. Very good longevity and projects average. This and Tabac Auera are two must haves from this house and i am ordering two full bottles this Friday. The perfumer is just a email away and i think she is just as gifted if not more gifted than some very famous perfumers i have in my collection. I wanted to get incense pure, but i think wazamba got me over it, we will see. I am still trying to find an incense better than incense oud by kilian and havent yet, but that neither here nor there. This stuff is amazing. Dont pass this up without at least visiting her website and order a sample first. I was skeptical at first but this is a perfect example of why i dont judge a book by its cover

LeonieB
LeonieB

Work through the initial tar-smoky blast and you are rewarded with a surprisingly accessible winter warmer - woody incense, amber and vanilla. Worth the wait. Very naturalist nuances, well-rendered.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

when first applied i get something pickle-like but it fades off in seconds, followed by castoreum and birch tar-it's very woodsy in the best way. it makes me think of a log cabin in the woods with a fire crackling in the fireplace to cut the chill coming in from outside, definitely true to its name. the amber grows stronger as time goes on and it's this beautiful woody-amber. i was a little scared off by the castoreum at first, but realized it smells quite good and that i'd tried scents with it before, just wasn't realizing it was that particular note. i cannot wait to try this again in winter!

atlaseetschristmas
atlaseetschristmas

This is such a simple fragrance but it's fantastic execution pushes it into a whole new class to me. Theres not much going on here besides a ton of amber, a clearly detectable smoky facet (no doubt castoreum and birch tar) and some subtle, but important woodsy notes. I don't consider myself a fan of amber -dominant fragrances in general, but here the note is blended so nicely with the others that it reads less like amber and more like a familiar, comforting sweetness.

It actually awoke some dormant memories of a church I was forced to attend as a child...It was a small cozy old ramshackle building full of warm air and the scent of old books. There was also always a little bit of smokiness from years of frankincense burning. I hated being dragged their every Sunday but looking back I can't deny that it had a certain charm.

I sprayed a bit on this morning and all day I was catching whiffs of sweetness and woods. It was totally pleasant and a few friends of mine were raving about how good it smelled. They both compared it to a chai tea latte. can't say I see the connection but I love it regardless.

This is one of my favorites from Sonoma. It's a great example of a fragrance that is focussed and accessible while still retaining uniqueness and quality. I highly recommend it for it's general pleasantness, evocative quality and affordability. 8.5/10

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

A powerful boozy opening with a dark, oily, “sticky” texture; I get metallic nuances, a balsamic-resinous-woody and kind of cold note which reminds me of (a stereotyped idea of) Northern woods – like fir balsam, just “woodier” – then cloves, amber, “dark” smoked woods (birch), a thin leather accord, something like tobacco and as I said, a general and quite bold medicinal-metallic booziness all over. After a while it gets deeper and darker, more smoky and more dry, stale-indolic oak moss and castoreum echoes come in – not that dirty, but with a gloomy, moldy feel of heaviness. More then the raw, filthy skin of a sweaty beast, I think of a more general and subtle “mood”, the dark shady creepiness of a Northern wood (shortly the scent any True Norwegian Black Metaller would enjoy). All is treated “the contemporary US indie way” here: rich notes, heavy linear evolution (which means almost no evolution), general boozy darkness, thick powerful texture. Really fascinating and quite close to a couple of Slumberhouse scents, a bit too stout for my personal taste and perhaps just a bit “cliché-y” as regards of the abovementioned niche features... but surely a nice work worthy a try.

pravda48
pravda48

[TLDR: goes from bowling you over intensity to one of the most beautiful, rich, warm spiced woods/animalics I've ever encountered. 12+hrs and huge sillage on me- does my skin amp castoreum now?!]

I'm going to be brutally honest here: this literally made my stomach do a somersault (in a bad way) when I applied a single spritz from a sample to my lower leg. It smelled like pickle-spiced animal remains to me. It was rough. However it was also fascinating, morbidly so. I immediately deemed it a 'Train Wreck' fragrance: I had to watch. I breathed only through my mouth for about 10mins to let it settle without scrubbing.

Finally opening my nose, it wasn't so bad. Whatever'd given the odd pickled impression (guaiac?) had mellowed, but it was still in the top 3 most animalic scents I'd ever smelled. MKK seemed child's play, and I like the stuff. No this is DENSE, warm, rich animalic essences and spices now. Wondering if I was imagining, I asked my (non perfumey) roommate what she smelled and she said, "Cinnamon! Spicy cinnamon. Dark." Ok, it's not just me. Within 15-20 mins the animal essences had segued beautifully into rich, dark woods and what seems a cinnamony amber. Definitely 2nd the 'super labdanum' reviews below. It was much more wearable now and didn't even send the roomy running from my presence, which is a good sign since she tells it like it is. I could smell it over other samples & my original scent of the day all night, and through a shower.

The drydown the next day (leftover on my pant leg from 1 sampler spray) was smellable over 4 sprays of an ELDO on my wrists. And it was pure animalic musk magic! The most warm and delectable 'stinker' I've come across.

10/10 for uniqueness, monster sillage/longevity, and for the magical change that transforms from weird to sensual. Love.

[11.7.14]

Mos' Beth
Mos' Beth

This is such a warm, subtle, lovely, amber incense. My idea of a socially acceptable comfort scent: I wear it for me, but there is nothing alarming about it, for the rest of the world. Despite the name, I love to wear it on a warm summer day. Just don't use too much at a time! Just a bit will do. My sample is going fast and WW has just gone onto my "to buy" list.

ravenna
ravenna

Simply exquisite. Laurie really is such a talented perfumer, able to strike such a delicate and complete balance that many of the indie fumers miss.

I would describe this scent as a woody amber with musky animalic undertones. Alhough this scent doesn't remind me of winter personally, I do get a flurry of downy soft comfort that calls to mind wrapping up in my favorite cashmere sweater and alpaca socks. Cuddly and warm, but no way simplistic, cutesy or overtly vanillic as so many a comfort scent can be. And I find this scent to be amazingly long lasting, a good value to boot.

Really, the artistry of this house is something that draws me back again and again. Even the scents I don't particularly like I am still drawn to sniff just to admire the excellence in execution. If you love thick soft comforting ambery scents, please do give this a try. Happy sniffing!

deadidol
deadidol

A rich, warm, amber-y labdanum bomb that simply gets everything right.

This is probably my personal favorite from the line as it maps so neatly onto the genres that I enjoy the most, but I’d begin by noting that Winter Woods is not quite as woodsy as the name infers. What you get here is a cozy oriental that veers a touch toward the liturgical in that the amber accord is neither dry nor gourmand, but closer to a resinous theme. There’s guiaic for density, cedar for texture, tar and castoreum for character, but the star is the trademark house labdanum—an accord that echoes a number of scents from the line but is fully showcased here as the scent’s nucleus.

Whereas labdanum’s usually a sticky note, sweet and turpenic in equal measure, the foundation that elevates the accord is thoughtful in that it doesn’t add extra heft; it provides the central accord the right amount of space on the main stage. To me, this scent sits somewhere between Amber Absolute, L’Air du Desert Marocain, and Interlude Man with the dry down mirroring Interlude Man to a tee.

Also echoed here is the slight smoke effect of Incense Pure and the superb burning leaves accord that’s most prominent in Fireside Intense. Winter Woods folds them together into a cozy, thermal richness that's all about comfort and nostalgia. It should be noted, however, that the name conjures up certain associations that don’t seem to materialize in the scent itself; the woody notes are pretty subdued, and it’s clearly a scent that reproduces the warmth of the indoors rather than freezing conditions. In other words, it’s the kind of thing you’d want to wear while visiting the woods in winter rather than smelling like them.

The blending, of course, is seamless; and although it’s a sweeter scent, there’s no need to put the dentist on speed dial—the sweetness is tasteful and not too caloric. The sandalwood—a material that’s prominently used in many of the house’s compositions (yet rarely make itself that apparent in the mix) is much more noticeable here, lending the fragrance a slight lactonic dimension and bolstering the overall richness of the amber.

Winter Woods doesn’t strike me as complex as some of the others in the line (although you can tell that some of the trademark OCD micro-blending is present)—it’s essentially a labdanum, sandalwood, and cedar fragrance with both resinous and sweet nuances. It doesn’t have any flashy tricks up its sleeve, nor does it pull any unusual punches, but it’s a perfectly put together comfort scent.

If you love oriental fragrances, but want to stay away from anything saccharine, this one is unmissable. It’s not the most striking scent in the line, but that doesn’t take away any of its warmth.

cloyd42
cloyd42

The word "interesting" immediately comes to mind here. This started out badly for me. The initial opening was an eye-stinging extremely accurate smell of burning wet wood. My initial impulse was to scrub but after about 20 minutes this developed into a lovely combination of amber and wood (my take is freshly cut rosewood). I've enjoyed it tremendously ever since--very grown up, quite soothing and interesting enough to sniff every few minutes but that opening is almost a deal breaker. I'm going to recommend it as well worthwhile but I'm also going to advise--don't do a quick spritz one minute before you meet your blind date.

Sillage: reasonably personal, 1-2 ft
Longevity: 3 hours and still going
Fabulosity: Two Faces of Eve
Value to price ratio: reasonable

babayaga
babayaga

this seems to me so similar to sss incense pur, but a much lighter version. it really gives the impression of a snowy winter day. the scents of the woods are soft and muted, muffled by cold, fresh snow-much like the way fresh, fluffy snow will muffle the sounds of the woods as well.

Winter Woods strikes as a darkish smoky amber. Its woody presence, together with birch tar, preserve it from becoming too sweet while a smooth animalic presence adds some density and depth. As in many other ambers, Winter Woods has a remarkable deja-vu vibe throughout but, as I already experienced in other SSS, the real secret here is the incredible balance. It wears comfortable and cozy just like your favorite brown cashmere sweater you use for winter walks on sunday mornings.

All in all, I'm not intrigued enough but those who like moderately sweet and non-foody woody ambers (as opposed to woodyamber), might find in WW a valid option that's unquestionably on the same level of more popular deliveries playing similar themes.

As usual with this line, sillage is nice while lasting power is definitely outstanding. Reasonably priced. Nice.

Rating: 6.5-7/10

ANuritMcBride
ANuritMcBride

I layer it with Incense Pure and it is the best

calyx93
calyx93

Gorgeous scent, one of the most perfect winter potions available, especially if you like warm, smoky scents. Blended wonderfully too and exceptional sillage and longevity.

@persefoni

Just a glance at your collection reveals that you own several scents containing civet, castoreum and musk. A revelation to you? True, most are now synthetic, but depending on the age of your bottle, you very well might own some true animal odorants. Here are a few I found in your wardrobe: Obsession, La Nuit, Youth Dew, Dali, KL, Aromatics Elixir, Moschino, Magie Noire (especially very vintage), Shalimar, Cabochard, Mystere (a lot of natural civet), etc. There are a few more in your collection, but I don't have the time and I think you get the point.

If I were you, I wouldn't be complaining about the castoreum in Winter Woods - it rather makes you look like a hypocrite.

@ Αλεξάνδρα

FYI - International Flavors & Fragrances' Castoreum Blend (one of the most frequently used in the business) is composed of 50% real castoreum. Beavers are not endangered in any way - in fact, there's an overpopulation and they are considered a pest in many areas. As a perfumer, I have no problems using it. Then again, I wear leather and eat meat.

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

Cinnamon and sandalwood opening... rich.

tora.routhier
tora.routhier

Laurie Erickson is just so amazingly talented. Winter Woods is literally transporting. This Florida girl is now stomping through the knee high snow, brushing the fir tree branches off her face while heading to the pine cabin where a warm fire awaits. The smoke drifts through the trees and beckons. Something sweet is baking and the scent mingles with the incense of smoke. I hasten my approach and the snow flies, the trees part, and there in the clearing, is warmth and home.

Αλεξάνδρα
Αλεξάνδρα

@Persefoni: Nowadays castoreum has been replaced by chemically synthesized castoreum. Plus, Laurie Erickson- the perfumer, is one of the kindest creatures with great respect to nature and animals!

tourmali45
tourmali45

Birch tar and Guaiac - potent and exquisite, with refined leather, totally non-sweet and addictive. Love love love. Though for me it's not a winter woods smell but of a clean and prosperous stable on the birch forest edge.
A touch of amber makes the composition not too aloof and not too masculine, vetiver gives a subtle greenness, and castoreum - the animal feel.
Stays close to skin, very quiet scent. Totally wearable for all occasions and moods and seasons, you wouldn't offend anyone's senses wearing "Winter Woods".

MrsLetterO
MrsLetterO

Woodlandwalks said it perfectly, total fur pants. Castoreum headache. Pungent. Not what I would expect "winter woods" to smell like at all.

Fragmeister
Fragmeister

A big thank you to my Aussie friend Scorpiosheep for sending me a generous sample of this. There's something about Winter Woods that reminds me of very prestigious fragrances like those offered by Profumum Roma. Perhaps it's because Winter Woods has that rich, creamy quality I've found in PR's offerings. I can't pick out the notes that make this such a nice concoction, but isn't that the sign of a well-blended fragrance? This is a sweet, creamy, amber-like fragrance with a hint of smoke. It's just starting to dry down now, so I'll give it an hour and write an update.

Update:
After two hours, Winter Woods has the lipstick scent that occurs in the initial stages of Mona di Orio's Ambra. It's ok, but it's an odd smell. There's no smokiness to the fragrance any more and the amber is less easily detected. It's hard to describe the scent now except for my comment about the odour of cheap lipstick. I won't be buying it but I enjoyed trying it.

body67
body67

i expected something else to be honest. the only thing i got was a lot of 'medicinal amber', slightly on the darks side, vanilla, and a faint whiff of woods. very similar to ambra nera, only not as good. there is no smoke, there is no leather, just 'heady' amber. disappointed.

steve0580
steve0580

A very nice scent.

This was one of the samples that I ordered from Sonoma.

It opens strong but dries down quickly to a softer scent. I'd describe it as a soft version of Sonoma's "fireside intense".

I know it's listed as unisex but the dry down seems more suitable for a woman.

pisces3774
pisces3774

Just got my sample in the mail today. Another phenomenal creation from the talented Laurie Erickson! WW is deep, woodsy, ambery, creamy, and just perfect for our MN late fall/early winter. I smell crushed fallen leaves, wet bark, cedar, moss, a slightly smokiness, and lots of smooth amber. I am surprised how feminine it is, with all it's woodsiness.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

Amber followed by amber and Castoreum (fur pants) = headache for me. I much prefer Fireside Intense and Incense Pure.
Later note: it smells lovely on my sister, who suits amber perfumes, on her it's warm and uplifting. She has warmer slightly more oily skin than me so maybe it's a skin PH thing

AveParfum
AveParfum

Lovely for amber worshipers. Although I smell more amber than woods, the abundance of amber might be what makes this wood so cozy and wintry. It's a soft and comforting scent, lightly sweetened with maple syrup. It has this golden effect about it that makes one feel happy inside. You know that movie the Sound of Music? The song goes, "How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?" I can't answer that question, but I can tell you that Laurie Erickson knows how to trap the warmth and glow of a fireplace in a bottle.

thegirlnextdoor
thegirlnextdoor

Bought this one due to the review on this forum. I was sure this was perfect for me. And it is! Really lovely perfume. I think you cannot buy anything like this in the netherlands where I live. At first spicy and woody, later on more sweet, and soft. Very warm scent. I smell sandelwood the most. I smell also a hint of pathoully, but that's not in it..... A hippie (oriental) scent, and a very rich and good one

Dinkum
Dinkum

We have warm - for Sweden at least - weather now. Nearing 30 degrees Celsius every day. I hesitated, but decided to put on Winter Woods today, before going in to town, to shop a birthday present for my husband. In and out of shops, in hot humid weather... You don´t always feel, well, fresh all over when you do these kind of things? But found out that this is a wonderful scent to wear in hot summer weather! I smell GREAT! And really enjoy these woody notes!

catfishy
catfishy

it smells sweet and musky! For the first 30 minutes these is a smokiness to it, but after that nothing special.

Yamba1
Yamba1

I have recently discovered this indie house and I am I impressed with all of the offerings I've tried. The quality of the ingredients as well as the craftmanship (or should I say womanship) of SSS is outstanding and you really get the feeling you are wearing something hand made.

Winter Woods is a luscious, dark and sultry creation however at no time does this perfume become overbearing. Quite the opposite, this is a perfume that makes you feel warm, secure and grounded. I applied quite heavily and thought there was a similarity between this and Serge Lutens Borneo 1834, but I don't believe anyone else has picked this up? ...maybe just my nose!

I would also like to emphasize like others have mentioned the fantastic customer service from perfumer Laurie Erickson. She reponds to all emails personally and includes a hand written note in the package. Top notch!

Boozy woods with comforting, velvety vanilla base. This one is lovely, like a cashmere blanket, yet at the same time reminds me of June street fair, with imported woods, incense and perfumes on sale in the open air. Lovely

thaocrockett
thaocrockett

Laurie, what did you do? Waving your magic wand? Now I have to add this perfume to the top of my WILL BUY list. I blame you for that, but in a happy way :)

I fell in love with Burnt Amber of Neil Morris yesterday, and today I fall in love with Winter Woods of Sonoma Scent. Maybe they both have Castoreum...hahaha...

Anyway, it's the mixture of sandalwood and amber I smell the most and oakmoss. When it settles down a little, it does smell like chypre to me.

Sonoma Scent Studio WINTER WOODS, my last sample from this house, ended up being a pleasant surprise. This is a very smooth and delectable amber oriental perfume, where I was expecting another burnt cedar variant, of which this house has many. Although there is a fair amount of wood here, the amber really dominates, with a rich and golden, viscous texture. I may even like this more than ANNE PLISKA, and that's saying a lot.

WINTER WOODS is less spicy than some amber compositions, and quite a bit more ambery than others (L'ENCRE NOIRE, AMBRE GRIS, et al.). A perfect perfume for cold weather, WINTER WOODS also wears quite well on a mild summer day. This may be my favorite from Sonoma—I somehow saved the best for last... On my wish list!

lindy-fay
lindy-fay

A couple of days ago, I was heading for town, perfectly aware of that -3 celcius, snow and ice would affect my body temperature big time.Suddenly I got a voice in my head saying; "Put on some winter woods!" And I have to say, I`ve never smelled anything more suitable for extra cold days! It`s not only warm and comforting, it`s like it got several layers of warming materials. Almost like the way people would dress when skiing: wool closest to skin, then a new layer of wool, finished by an isolating layer for ultimate comfort. It`s a hint of freshness to it as well that remindes me of pine, but only a hint. Just enough to give the richness a bright spark.
Winter Woods totally lives up to it`s name. I love it and will definately reach for it on the coolest of the coolest days!

Moyra
Moyra

This little known gem is possibly the best spin on woods and amber I have yet encountered - there is, literally, nothing that smells quite as woodsy and amber-y, like the love child of a fine cabinet maker's shop and an attar store in the Middle East. Its so spectacular, in my humble opinion, that I wonder why it hasn't garnered a huge cult following, with thousands and thousands of us little perfume lovers trudging through the online shopping forests in hopes of snagging just one little bottle of this incredible fragrant cold weather potion.

Winter Woods is nothing short of spectacular as a scent, intense in presence - its an extrait for certain! - , quasi eternal in its duration - 12 hours and then some - and as magical as a walk in blue twilight through snow covered woods.

10 out of 10 for beauty, duration, sillage.

Caveat: You have to adore woods and amber, and have a fondness for perfumes with real presence.

marioslg3
marioslg3

This is a very nice winter fall scent...You have the feeling that you are in a village after a heavy rain, cloudy weather, you get the smell of earth, the trees and roots with the smoky-sweet smell coming out from the fireplaces in the houses. It is very natural, strong and attractive. For those who love woody scents, especially potion and silver wind woods from Dsquared2, this is a must have and much better with great sillage, longevity and unigueness. When you apply this, you want to sit outside in the winter with all this cold and wind just to smell the maximum of this scent...great, definitely great. Laurie Erickson who created, runs and sells the perfumes is a professional, very friendly and you will get the maximum of respect needed. I totally recommend this but only only for winter and fall! it is great for an afternoon trip to the mountains and outdoors generally! You get a so natural mountain/rainy/woody/smoky smell that you will never forget it!

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

I love this scent ! Gorgeously woody and smoky and semi-sweet and delicious and cosy and unisex charming...oooh...I cannot give it enough praise !
Very fortunately for us here SSS scents are now available and I am so happy about this I could jump with joy.
Yes, the brand offers excellent customer service and takes customer requests seriously.
I just wish I lived in California - probably would visit their boutique quite often :-)
Winter Woods stays on my skin long and really gives me that cuddly, cosy and heart-warming feeling of "being at home". It gives me inner peace.
I like many perfumes, but only very few can switch that feel-good-button in me the way WW does.

If you like it woody and ambery, slightly sweet and extravagant you must give this a try. Will reasure my bottle like a precious jewel.

SilverFire
SilverFire

I wanted to like this, but unfortunately it has the same kind of amber that Ambre Noir has, and that makes me nauseous after a few hours. It's a shame because of the three fragrances I've tried from Sonoma Scent Studios, this is my favorite.

It goes on with the notes of smoke, sweet amber, and something boozy, and together they make a wonderfully delicious aroma (not that it's gourmand at all, but that it is appealing enough to lick your wrists). It stays that way, and changes only to sweeten up even more at the end.

If you can stand amber, this is a well-blended, classy, and great-smelling scent. Finally, as others have stated, SSS is dedicated to their customers. I received my shipment in a few days even over the 4th of July weekend with a handwritten note from the nose behind the scent as well!

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

Mmmm. This is so warm and great for fall! It starts out a bit obnoxious to me, with really sharp amber. It quickly turns to sweet, smoky wood-the kind that makes me constantly sniff my wrists. This goes directly to wanted list.

donniekaterina
donniekaterina

I agree with all of the previous comments,Sonoma Scent Studio are efficient and have quality in their perfumes.You have the feeling when you put Winter Woods that you are resting near the trunk of a giant tree in the forest and smelling the birch,the roots and moses,the dirt and moist.

Kterhark
Kterhark

Honestly I would classify winter woods as a woody chypre, and if anyone is pining after discontinued Deneuve, may I suggest trying this one (quite a similarity to my nose)

I put this on and was transported down memory lane to a day spent at 10,000 Waves, a mountain spa above Santa Fe, NM. I parked in the upper lot then made my way up the pine covered walkway to the entrance. This is a Japanese themed spa, with clean lined walls and floors made of fragrant woods. I was there in the spring, when it was still chilly, and the fireplace was roaring and filling the room with a fragrant aroma.

I then moved on the the communal pool, where the only decision is to wear or not to wear a swimsuit (and how long to stay)

Winter woods captures everything from the initial walkway, to the crackling fire, to the pine covered walls surrounding the pools, and the au natural purity of the bathing experience. Truly relaxing, truly Western, truly special.

guest_Treefrog33
guest_Treefrog33

I am looking for a perfume that smells like the Winter Forest lotion from Williams-Sonoma. Is this similar or if not does anyone know of something out there?

Thank you!

Auguszta
Auguszta

Darlingbuds has already said all there is to say about this breathtakingly beautiful scent, so let me just tell you that to me it is the olfactory equivalent of an old song by The Cure called "A forest".
To me they both conjure up the same image of a dark, hazy, somewhat unsettling and at the same time irresistibly inviting forest. Deep, dark, mysterious and haunting. Incredibly gorgeous.

darlingbuds
darlingbuds

What a nice surprise! Sonoma Scent Studio's 'Winter Woods' is a stunning, rich perfume -- very reminiscent of the recently discontinued 'Organza Indecence'(Givenchy). WW is less sweet, less cloying, and a whole lot more woodsy. Still, an excellent alternative for those of you pining (no pun intended) for your beloved Indecence, AND a powerful, pretty perfume in its own right.

WW lasts nearly the whole day on my skin (though my skin is oily and perhaps holds the scent longer), and dries down to a lighter wood with wisps of smoke and the faintest tar.
If you work with sneezers or those otherwise sensitive to perfumes, this might not be a good choice for work (though you could, of course, dab it evvvvvvver so slightly somewhere discreet on your person), but make no mistake; though strong, WW is not 'loud' or obnoxious. The winter woods you'll find here is, just as Robert Frost's poem describes, 'the darkest evening of the year': dense, mysterious, and a tad supernatural. Just super, super juice.

Moreover, I'm also impressed with Sonoma Scent Studio's dedication to their customers; they're efficient, thoughtful and truly interested in making quality products. My shipping invoice had a hand-written note from Laurie Erickson (the nose) herself!

Winter Woods by Sonoma Scent Studio 4.14 out of 5 based on 155 ratings and 45 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Sonoma Scent Studio Winter Woods fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Sonoma Scent Studio Winter Woods, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Winter Woods by Sonoma Scent Studio. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Winter Woods by Sonoma Scent Studio represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.