Designers » R S » Floral « Groups

St. John Eau de Parfum St. John for women

St. John Eau de Parfum St. John for women
dislike

St. John Eau de Parfum by St. John is a Floral fragrance for women. St. John Eau de Parfum was launched in 2008. Top notes are tangerine, tagetes and freesia; middle notes are rose, jasmine and apricot; base notes are sandalwood, vanilla and amber.

Tangerine Tagetes Freesia

Rose Jasmine Apricot

Sandalwood Vanilla Amber

Bijan

St. John Eau de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

hollyms
hollyms

It feels like a classic scent, yet can be quite cloying if used too frequently or to heavily. It's feminine and has lots of substance to it. Overall a nice fragrance, but not one I think I'll buy.

[email protected]
nellyrlight@aol.com

many years of favorite for the entire family and friends..we looked for this like crazy when we couldn't find it..i used many bottles..then for a few years, I couldn't find any..then I found the same with a different packaging...the picture that shows the perfume here is the changed bottle..and I did find this one and bought two of them..the old look had a black box and the bottle was round but flat on both sides..exceptional perfume.

xlxajxlx
xlxajxlx

Its sweet yet OLD at the same time....I feel pretty but yet old church motherish when i wear it........But overall, a nice rich fragrance!

citadel
citadel

This is a very soft and warm scent. It evokes the image of a naturally beautiful brunette in a nude/beige cashmere sweater--she would be just as comfortable in a boardroom as in a coffee shop. Classy and inoffensive, it will not cause you to stand out in a crowd, but it does exude a quiet sense of dignity and self-assurance. The orange is not sharp--it is very mellow, and the while vanilla is a top-listed note, this is far from a gourmand fragrance. The vanilla is dry, not sweet. Overall, a nice daytime scent that could transition into a semi-formal night.

Raina
Raina

This is gorgeous. It does have a similar sort of scent to Burberry Brit's drydown. Very golden, this smells primarily of vanilla, amber, and sandalwood. Its sweet and golden but very deep as well. I don't get any florals here, its all about the vanilla/sandalwood/amber combo. Really gorgeous and one that I'd keep for myself if I was still into vanillas! This is both classy and sexy all at once.

I'm on a marigold roll, so I decided to don St. John SIGNATURE today, which, like VAN CLEEF, has a marked marigold/tagetes note. It's such a wonderful flower in the few perfumes where it figures, my question is: why are there so few?

ST JOHN SIGNATURE seems lighter and more modern than VAN CLEEF--a bit less intense. The overall feeling reminds me of something like Chanel CHANCE, although the notes are totally different. I wonder whether I'm being slightly influenced by the bottle design? Hmmm....

Anyway, this is a floriental which features marigold above all of the other flowers and also smells rather woody and spicy. It's not nearly as thick and perfumey as VAN CLEEF, but it has its own appeal. As ST JOHN heats up on the skin, the sillage expands considerably, and it smells beautiful. The opening is, once again, not entirely harmonious, and now I'm beginning to wonder whether this has something to do with marigold/tagetes, which might also explain why this note is so rarely featured in floral perfumes. Problematic openings, for obvious reasons, do not sell well at the counters!

I recommend ST JOHN to perfumistas who like modern Chanel perfumes such as CHANCE, ALLURE, and COCO MADEMOISELLE. This creation seems perfectly suited to wearers of those fragrances, it seems to me, although it is true that the compositions are totally different. It's more the style, timbre, and attitude which strike me as the same.

PenelopePitstopKYD
PenelopePitstopKYD

I own the St. John by Marie Gray (circa 1994) and wondering if this is the same scent, but I doubt it. The coloring is orange instead of yellow and the packaging is definitely different.

Product Description: Created by Marie Gray in 1994, St. John is a luxurious, oriental, floral fragrance. This feminine scent contains a blend of flowers of the orient combined with honeysuckly, jasmine and gardenia, with lower notes of amber, apricot, sandalwood, and musk. St. John is recommended for romantic occasions.

dmaw
dmaw

Classy and classic. A nice modern floral minus the fruit.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

An interesting perfume indeed.

The first impression was floral to gourmand then to gourmand to oriental floral. The apricot and tangerine is definitely there, but the vanilla is too dominant in my opinion.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Thanks to your reviews, I've made another successful unsniffed purchase!

Very few floral fragrances seem to work well for me, but this one does. The marigold is a bitter note on me, which I enjoy very much. For a while, after the initial spray, the fragrance smells like a bitter-fruity concoction. I love that phase! Then it settles down into a creamy base that is so similar to Brit, as essija mentioned. I really like Brit, but I can't wear it because it stays so sharp on my chemistry. This fragrance has a dry-down like Brit, without the sharpness. It's delightful! Definitely a warm weather fragrance for me.

The only downside to the fragrance is the bottle. While it's a nice design, it looks very cheap up close. The cap is a lightweight, clear plastic, and the charm and rhinestone band around the neck of the bottle are like a plastic-metal. The original price of a 1.7 oz. bottle was marked on the box as $70.00. For that price, I would have been horrified to discover the tacky bottle inside. Because of the actual fragrance, it turned out to be a very worthwhile purchase.

mwater1
mwater1

St. John is a very odd fragrance. Upon first sniff I thought that I liked it, came back to it and thought that it smelled a bit elderly and now I'm back to liking it. I envision wearing something like this when I'm a bit older. It begins with a citrusy type of floral notes, slowly dominated by the more floral heart notes. That apricot note gives it a little tartness that I loved. During the drydown the florals linger and the fragrance becomes softer and slightly musky.

At once, it smells cloying but classic...fusty, yet feminine. I suppose that I love it more than I hate it, so I'm sticking to it. Excellent longevity and sillage. I rate it 7 out of 10.

Amanda79
Amanda79

St.John perfume smells across between Boucheron (minus the civet) and Burberry Brit. St.John has the sharp fruits and powdery vanilla of Brit and the strange smell of tagetes (marigold) flower in Boucheron. Marigold smells sharp, soapy and a bit rusty and green. However, its subtle and flowing in this fragrance. All the notes in St.John are in Boucheron except freesia but somehow this ends up smelling more like a classy, expensive, glamorous version of Brit.

I don't know its an odd one for me but I like it! St.John is very strong and heady with fantastic lasting power and silage. The bottle is simple but I love the charm around the cap.

essija
essija

This is a delight, Zesty and Citrus comes to mind. actually reminds me of Burberry Brit, I really like this. Wow, this is great Love it...

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about St. John St. John Eau de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about St. John St. John Eau de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify St. John Eau de Parfum by St. John. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of St. John Eau de Parfum by St. John represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.