Designers » R S » Floral « Groups

Stella (2014) Stella McCartney for women

Stella (2014) Stella McCartney for women
dislike

Stella (2014) Stella McCartney for women Videos
Stella (2014) Stella McCartney for women Pictures Stella (2014) Stella McCartney for women Pictures Stella (2014) Stella McCartney for women Pictures Stella (2014) Stella McCartney for women Pictures

Stella McCartney is relaunching her first fragrance, Stella, from 2003, whose composition remains unchanged while changes occurred in flacon design and new sizes that will be available on the market. The fragrance will be promoted/launched today exclusively at Harrods, accompanied with a new advertising campaign featuring Lara Stone.

Photos of the new advertising campaign were taken in London, and are signed by famous photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott. The advertising campaign is accompanied by a video clip with background music by female band Warpaint.

“Stella is a celebration of women, and Lara is the perfect representation. She brings the ideas of the fragrance alive, in an honest way. She is a modern woman who is approachable and sensual at the same time,” stated Stella McCartney.

The first edition of Stella was launched in 2003 and created in collaboration with YSL Beauty. Top notes of the composition accentuate essences of roses blended with peony and mandarin shades, while the heart of the composition is based on intense notes of rose absolute. Base notes were composed of woodsy notes and amber. The perfume was signed by perfumer Jacques Cavallier.

The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum and 200 ml body lotion. By August 1, 2014 Harrods will have the exclusive sales right and after that date the fragrance will be sold in perfumeries worldwide.

Rose Mandarin Orange Peony

Rose

Amber Woodsy Notes

Stella
Stella Eau de Toilette
Miss Charming
Amber & Roses
Mille and Une Roses (La Collection Fragrances)

Stella (2014) Fragrance Reviews

johoko
johoko

After reading lots of negative reviews about Stella's 2014 reformulation perfume, I was very hesitant to blind buy the product (I can hardly find any sample tester in the stores here in Australia).
BUT....I'm glad I did it anyway!!! The first sniff of the perfume does reminds me a little of citrus but that very quickly fades away into a love note of rose. It's not a candy sweet heavy scent perfume which gives me a headache.
Many has reviewed that the longevity of the it is weak but thankfully, on my skin the fragrance lasted for a good 8+ hours and still leaves a faint scent on my skin. When my husband hugged and kissed me goodnight he even commented that my perfume is lovely and 'enchanting' (?????). Sillage is moderate. Definitely more a personal perfume than a 'let the whole world smell it' perfume.

stellalove
stellalove

Finally got this today.
As a Stella adorer i have had everything ever made in terms of Stella fragrances.
I found every year the batches smelt a little different not talking about the sheers or nude or absolut.
This version is the wonderful 2006 masterpiece.
Its cosy warming and so comfortable.

I hope this formulation lasts i find the older Stellas go rancid after a couple of year's really loosing the punch.

CopperBlue
CopperBlue

I just bought this after sampling it last year and wanting it for months. It smells wonderful when applied - super fresh, clean, peony and soft rose. A shower-fresh scent and feeling, it's lovely. However I am disappointed in the sillage - and also it only lasts about 3 hours or less on me. For the $$ I paid for this I expected better than that.

Marco<3
Marco<3

Profumo delicato, buonissimo, una rosa splendente che delicatamente sfiora la pelle.
Ottimo, non invadente, primaverile.

lala-jaenner
lala-jaenner

Such a beautiful perfume! Beautiful notes: rose, citrus and amber. It's really perfect. Feminine and good mood inducer, makes me feel confident and smile.

UrsyJay
UrsyJay

I absolutely loved the older version of this so I decided to give this one a go. I must say that it smells pretty much the same as the old one but slightly fresher in my opinion. It is still a very beautiful fresh, rose scent that can be worn all year round. My biggest disappointment is that this doesn't last long at all and because of this reason I will not repurchase again. I might splurge a little bit more and get Aerin Lauders Roses De Grasse, which is very similar with great longevity.

xrayer
xrayer

This is a very beautiful rose and is on my want list. I find it infinitely more wearable than the previous version, it has more citrus and is perhaps sweeter but still has the amber in the drydown, ultra feminine and just all round gorgeous. I am surprised at comments about poor longevity as it lasts until the next day on me. Often rose fragrances go sour on me so I do struggle with finding any I can wear. For reference I love Lanocome Une Mille et Roses and SL Fille de Berlin. I think this will wear even more beautifully in winter.

OrientalFruityGourmand
OrientalFruityGourmand

Many thanks to @verdigris for this sample!

I enjoyed Stella 2014 by Stella McCartney for the entire two hours it lasted. This is a very straightforward composition with two phases. The opening is bright wet rose. I appreciated the authenticity of the Rose used in Stella.

As an avid Rose gardener and Rose wearer, I am of the opinion that the roses in this fragrance smelled genuine. This is a slightly sweet, fresh, dewy rose on my skin. Stella made me think of the early September mornings just as dawn is yawning over the horizon and I'm out in the back yard in my house coat without shoes. I often have trouble staying asleep as summer yeilds to autumn. I love to sit on the bottom step of the deck with my bare feet in the dewy grass and feel my toes turn numb in the early morning's chilly, humid air. When I am alone with my roses. I adore the way they smell in cool, damp air. Their scent hovers so close to the ground. It's almost claustrophobic, especially when I'm sleep deprived and the darkness is still close around me before dawn. I'm talking about 4am roses. Roses growing on bushes, not cut in a vase. Roses that I have not pruned back because summer was too busy. Roses taking over the garden. Roses that are alive and breathing early in the morning, waiting on the sun to find them. I find this so comforting.

This is the smell of Stella- real roses. Then phase two arrives in about a half hour and the roses find Amber. Then, it's over.

On my body, Stella smells quite lovely for 2-2.5 hours then vanishes. I enjoyed the scent but cannot justify purchasing.

I did experiment with a nice combination of Commodity Gold (White bottle) + Stella. They both feature big Amber so I liked the layering. I hoped this would extend Stella's longevity. But on my skin, the Stella still dissapeared at 2-2.5 hours as usual and I was left with just Commodity Gold.

If you love garden roses on the stem and have patience enough to reapply ever 2 hours, you might like Stella. I have never reapplied a scent, so I know Stella does not suit my lifestyle.

I am so glad for the memories this fragrance evoked!

ntabassum92
ntabassum92

I've smelled this a second time after many months, and after smelling many other rose fragrances in the interim, I must say that this doesn't smell so different to me anymore. I prefer some of the other fruity roses I've sniffed, if I want a fruity rose. I wanted this to be a darker rose, like the bottle color - but it's a little too fresh. The amber only comes through on drydown, and I can't smell the rose much by that point. The trail of it smells nice, but not too special, I don't think.

genevieves
genevieves

I wish more people would give an actual separate review of Stella 2014 instead of comparing it to the old one.

Whining about how the old one was better and what it was like doesn't really help now does it, we can't get it anymore. What does THIS Stella smell like? And I don't mean compared to the previous Stella.

Thank you!

Miss Precious Orchid
Miss Precious Orchid

I think I have to go against the grain here and say I actually prefer this version of Stella to the one in the white packaging. The previous version has a metallic tang to it that did not blend well with my skin ph and that totally ruined it for me. I have the Absolute which is just phenomenal for that reason alone. This 2014 is fresher, I don't detect too much citrus upright and centre which usually puts me off as I want the rose to take centre stage from the offset. It's just beautiful. Please do no write this one off as a poor reformulation because it is NOT.

AliaC.
AliaC.

Now... I've read a lot of revies on the trilogy of Stella ( old,new and intense) and I must say that are all very nice but the best one(for me) is the 2014 version! It's special, fresh but ambery as well and others say they can feel it after hours and they like it!!! They say it is lovely!!!

Susan_b
Susan_b

It's really nice had I not be familiar with the original I would say it was perfect but I have so I can't. The original was the best but I will settle with this one.

joiroy
joiroy

Straight-up soft rose. Very Victorian rose garden after the rain. A little too sweet for my taste but not unpleasant.

Purplegem
Purplegem

This is spicy to me, hits the nose and is strong. Not what I expected given the notes. The other perfume with rose that is peppery in this sort of way is Nina Ricci Ricci Ricci (purple bow type bottle). I have a sample for swap/v cheap if anyone wants it (uk).

ClippyluvsMU
ClippyluvsMU

It's unfortunate.
I smelled this upon initial launch and it was BEAUTIFUL; great on all counts, a solid "8/9" in all categories for me.
I was so excited to buy the new version and upon receipt, was full of regret. It is no better than a mid-range body spray.
This perfume is a mere ghost of itself. An infuriating, not inexpensive ghost.

Sillage: 1/10
Bottle: 7/10
Long: 1/10
Juice:1/10
Repurchase? No

A. Rose123
A. Rose123

This is for the 2014 re-launch of "Stella", with the gold band and the polka dotted box.

As expected, some people will be upset with the loss of the old, gray box but honestly, I think this IFRA compliant "Stella" is closer to the moody, hazy 2003 version than their more recent one, which to me, relied a little too much on a sweeter petro-musk.

This "Stella" has all the Victorian contrasts of the original -- the papery, slightly metallic "love letter" rose sweetened by a grape-wine type inky note, the soft creaminess of peony mixed with a natural smelling citrus combo of what reads to my nose like a watery Meyer lemon and mandarin orange.

However, this re-launch gets the smoky, hazy, distant amber undertones better than the recent remix and I feel it captures that odd, emotional and nostalgic aspect of 2003 "Stella" so well. While not quite as angsty (even not quite as Goth) as the 2003 launch, this amber-rose combo leaves a soft, pulpy and crumbly drydown and is undeniably "Stella".

Welcome back, old friend. You went through a phase but it's nice to see you more like your old self, again.

Kasiasma
Kasiasma

I am so dissapointed with this one ! I really thought that the scent would remain the same but unfortunately they've changed it. It has no lasting power,, what else can I say if I can smell it for about 1 hour and my husband thinks that I am not wearing any perfumes .. The scent is very unique and still pretty but smells like a watery version of its former self . I'm desperately looking for the 2003 Stella edp.

Ode to Stella:

You are my gateway rose scent. You're absolutely perfect for me in every way. Jammy rose, warm amber, elegant and feminine. I just adore you. I don't care if everyone else is mad that you're re formulated or that they may think you are less than you once were. I think you're amazing and gorgeous and everything I thought a rose fragrance couldn't possibly be for me. After some months of trying to find something enough like you to suit me I realized that to me there is no other perfume whose character is quite like yours. I am so glad I have you now!

Ok, that was silly, but for real I am head over heels in love with Stella. I am so glad I finally own this perfume! It's worth every penny I spent on it! I know I am behind the 8 ball here and that Stella is in no way new, but I am glad we are acquainted now - I think we will have a long lasting and loving relationship ;)

rosyskirt
rosyskirt

old review :
a lot of disappointment~
(I had wore it several times from new and the scent was very light nothing particular, like distilled water. At that time i felt so down. )

update review:
It might because the top layer of the parfum ran out and real scent comes out.
It performs so well,
at the first more is the citrus, in the middle light rose, more love the base flowery ,gorgeous very lady.

byzantina
byzantina

I bought 100 ml of this from the duty free totally unaware it had been reformulated. After 10 years of wearing Stella and a true Jacques Cavalier fan, I am so disappointed. Being bought out by Proctor and Gamble really shows as it smells cheaper and looks cheaper (gold...so tacky!).

The opener is a strong citrus, that's all I get just citrus. Followed by a really weak dry down to a shadow of its former self. Where did the rose go? I dread to think what the EDT is like if the EDP is this weak.

I would hunt around for original bottles but this whole thing just makes me want to ditch stella and look for a new signature scent. Super sad about this and now stuck with a load of it. A masterpiece has been destroyed. If it ain't broke....

MiaClaire
MiaClaire

I was wondering why I'd heard such nice things about this perfume but found my own experience different. Then I learned this was a relaunch with the supposed same scent but different bottle. Ah, the key word there is "supposed." I do really enjoy the fragrance, the lovely rose note especially, but it has absolutely no sillage or longevity on my skin. So, it's quite pretty, but ephemeral. Now I'm very much wanting to try a pre-2014 bottle!

RapidScent
RapidScent

All I can say is that I had a nasal orgasm. I quiver each time I smell it. It smells rich, almost metallic. It definately smells like it has a masculine vibe but yet it's feminine. It's the scent that the woman in charge wears in the office. She doesn't have to make her presence known through out the whole office, just when you get closer, you know who she is. She is the Boss. The immaculate suit, neat hair, stern yet inviting personality, she gets the job done plus more. In her we confide. That is this scent. It will not let you down if you're looking to be stopped and asked what you're wearing and complimented.

littlest_lemon

Update: I bought a pen spray of Stella last week with a Sephora gift card left over from Christmas. This is a huge deal, because I'm a big ol' perfume slut, and get tired of things before I run out of 1ml samples.

I have worn it EVERY DAY since buying it, reapplying multiple times per day. I can't go out in public without someone stopping me and telling me I "smell SO GOOD". My coworkers love it. It doesn't make my fiance sneeze. At the rate I'm going, I'm going to use up this quarter ounce pen spray before the summer is over.

I finally, FINALLY understand what it's like to have a signature fragrance. I smell my wrists, and I feel like myself. Thank you, Ms. McCartney.

ngmama
ngmama

Ahhhhh. The scent is ruined. Not. The. Same. This relaunch is weak & pathetic. Wish I would have grabbed and original in a full size. So sad. Fair well Stella McCartney. You were lovely.

Kristina25
Kristina25

Fear not, Stella lovers, your best bet is to pick up one of the "Print Collection" bottles from eBay. They'll contain the original formulation (and look very pretty doing so).

Blåsten
Blåsten

A beautiful, strong, empowering scent of roses. this is not a little weak garden rose, this a sexy, sweet, powerful rose, that gets anyones attention. when you wear this, you will get compliments.

Little Cooling
Little Cooling

I must say that this is truly one of my fave rose scents. Ever. It is so lovely and still true to the original launched in 2003. It is light but not too bright and springy, that you don't feel like wearing it at wintertime. It is a fragrance that is like ur fave cashmere sweater. You want to wear it again and again. It is a bit sweet but never gets cloying. Someone that might want to have a bit more umpf and spark to the fragrance might search for something else. I say bravo Stella for relaunching this beauty.

AriaW
AriaW

I got one from Sephora and all I can smell is just soapy rose, where is the citrus everyone is talking about? I'm disappointed.

Am I the only one find it smells like Fresh Skincare's rose line??

Ellamay
Ellamay

LOVE this. The initial blast of roses can be a bit alarming -- like walking into a flower shop full of them -- but after only a few minutes it mellows to soft, soapy rose perfection. It exerts itself without being overbearing or sharp and isn't a bit cloying. I'm generally not a big fan of floral scents, but this one is classy, feminine, and clean. Great longevity, too.

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

It's not patchouli it's mandarin orange, it's smells very spicy like patchouli, just don't have that dirt smell.

sandrajj
sandrajj

I just ordered and received this in Eau de Parfum from Sephora. It came in a polka-dot box. Never having smelled or owned the original Stella, I can assume that what I have here is the 2014 juice?? So far, the jury is out on this one. I like roses, and have a few, including Serge Lutens'--but I'll have to give this more time, I guess. It just seems kind of bland...

Alayna1011

Re-tested my 2014 sample today against an original older bottle. Yep, still incredibly weak! Like a rosewater cologne. No, it's not my imagination, Stella HAS changed and been reformulated, and not for the better. Sorry.

gamme82
gamme82

Ok, really it has NOT changed its exactly the same. Might even say its better, Stella has been my Best Girl since forever. I Will NOT give her up , just cause she is more fancy ón the outside. She is still the same ón the inside:)

ptilda
ptilda

I like this scent because it's not the norm of what's out there these days. It's not really sweet at all, and has a more "adult" scent. However, it is on the edge of sour to my (admittedly unsophisticated) and I haven't decided if I find it pleasant enough to purchase. I used a sample for several days.

If I was to purchase this, I might use it for layering.

wayway2hotinaz
wayway2hotinaz

I am wearing the sample from Sephora today, again (did yesterday too). I expected to hate it (not a real fan of roses); in fact I am only trying it because of the new EDT version and was curious about the EDP and wondering if I should even consider it.

The beginning is amazing roses. Like real, not some fake, synthetic, alcohol smelling crap. It is beautiful!! It is quite strong to me (on my wrists), so I won't be wearing it on my chest or neck. The touch of citrus (spiciness) with the roses is amazing, which I detect about 45 minutes after spraying. Slightly sweet roses. Nice! This perfume lasts hours and hours on me (10+). No way I'd spray it on clothes or it would be days. Not exactly sure I like the skin scent during the long run, though. Hard to describe. Generally I would like woodsy Amber, so I'm not sure.

I will be buying this, maybe the 1oz, though, to wear on occasion, definitely not every day, and probably not daytime.

(So....I did buy this....the 1oz....the cap is nearly impossible to get open unless I would put my fingernails under the edge and pull up (not going to do this) or use one of those (kitchen) rubber grabber jar openers....or, ask my husband to open it....or open it one time and then leave it just setting on it so I don't have to try to open it again. I love the look of the 1oz bottle, though.)

snel hest
snel hest

I'm a big fan of the original Stella! It's strong and gorgeous, a rich and jammy rose that lasts for ages. It reminds me of a midnight garden in the rain with the roses in full bloom.

I had the chance to try this and I can't smell it at all? It's so weak for some reason.
I feel like Flanders in the Simpsons in that episode when he goes skiing with Homer and Flanders goes "It's like wearing nothing at all, nothing at all, nothing at all!" - exactly so! I can't smell anything at all!

kaejuntun

Generally speaking, I am not one for rose perfumes. I do have some that I like (Salvatore Ferragamo Attimo l'Eau Florale, Yves Rocher Comme Une Evidence, for example) but I never found a really rosy perfume that I loved.

I have officially found "my" rose perfume.

I got a sample of Stella from Sephora with another pefume order, and I basically picked it only because I had the option to choose 3 perfume samples and could only find 2 that I knew I wanted to try. I decided to use that sample first since I "knew" I wouldn't be a huge fan.

Holy Moses. I have never been SO wrong about a fragrance. Stella is absolutely gorgeous - fresh with depth, jammy but not too sweet, round but not heavy, warm but not suffocating. There is almost something "raspberryish" about this - a bit of tartness.. I am not sure why I am getting that, but that's the best way I can describe it. It kind of lifts up the fragrance and makes it interesting. Maybe it's the mandarin?? It doesn't smell like citrus to me... I find Stella sexy in a very reserved way. She's classy, put together, but still playful.

I know that there's been quite a lot of discussion about how this perfume is nowhere near the fragrance it was before the reformulation, and I suppose I have the benefit of never having smelled Stella before the most current version so I don't feel like I am missing out on anything. All I know is that now I NEED to own this. I am going to have to ration my sample until I can afford to buy the full bottle. Just a stunning perfume! Love!!!!

Brian's Wee Sister

This is a wee note to Littlest Lemon: Your review is completely adorable. And I agree, Stella is just beautiful. A summer's morning in a bottle!

littlest_lemon

This is literally the perfume of my dreams. I had a feverish, full moon dream in which I stumbled upon a huge gold filigree jeweled flacon, and inside was the most unnervingly gorgeous rose fragrance, and it filled the room when the bottle was opened. The sensation of the smell in my dream was actually so huge that it woke me up!

I was bowled over when I grabbed the tester for this at work the other day, never having smelled it before, and suddenly I felt like I was holding the jeweled bottle in my hands. It just smells SO good. Fresh, floral, comforting. It smells like ME, if that makes any sense at all. I must have smelled it on someone else and not known it, for it to be so deeply engraved into my brain like this. It feels almost primal, like this scent was what I was bathed in before I came to planet earth.

Okay, I've waxed poetic enough here. This got kind of weird. Stella is a gorgeous woody rose fragrance, with excellent longevity and a knack for making people question their grip on reality.

LoveMeDo7
LoveMeDo7

Stella is a beautiful fragrance. It's doesn't overwhelm or try to hard; it's effortless and feminine, very similar to the original Stella only much softer; more like an EDT version made with equal parts rose & peony. My son, a huge rose lover, adores it!

DaisyChain90
DaisyChain90

I find this fragrance so incredibly over powering and far far too floral. I've tried it a few times as it is a scent I wanted to like but it just doesn't work. Not a fan I have to say and it certainly won't be one I purchase.

Brian's Wee Sister

Thumbs up to Little Elf, whose review I've copied and pasted below. Elf, I agree with you 100%. I can never understand the mass hysteria that surrounds these so-called perfume reformulations. I'm guessing the perfumers just want to move with the times and ensure that their fragrances will meet with the demands of the current market. Much as we love it, fragrance is an industry after all. I'm getting the new Stella for Christmas. It might be a wee bit different. But it's still Stella at heart, and it's still beautiful. The only perfume I know which has dramatically changed since its launch is Magie Noire by Lancôme. In my opinion, it's a completely different perfume, and that's a shame, but there are so many gorgeous fragrances to try, I'm over it.

Little Elf said:

"I think people overreact to reformulations a bit sometimes. True, some perfumes have been completely wrecked, but more often than not the difference is not very noticeable, and it is still easy to love the reformulation. But as soon as the r-word is uttered, there seems to be some mass-hysteria and everyone acts as though a fragrnace has been altered beyond the point of recognition, even if it hasn't. This is the case of Stella. Has it even been reformulated? No clue! I certainly wouldn't be able to tell you based on sniffing it, as it smells exactly like the same old Stella I've been wearing for years. As for the new bottle, I love it. Yeah, it's just a bottle, and there was nothing wrong with the old one, but who doesn't love slightly more luxe packaging? Stella was my signature at one point, and still remains one of my favorites, so I know her well. And no, she does not smell different. Not to me at least."

demonicpretty
demonicpretty

I gave the new Stella an honest chance, but sadly, I was still let down. This scent is certainly different from the original. It is lighter in character, sillage, and longevity. The peony and citrus overwhelm the other notes, and it became a rather weak skin scent on me after only an hour or so. It has a more alcoholic quality and seems "cheaper" unfortunately. What a shame!

Mattysmum
Mattysmum

sometimes you want to try a fragrance,you read the reviews get excited,the time comes, you spray and your heart sinks. You realize you have smelt this aroma MILLION times before. This is one of those fragrances!.I also think its generic and quite weak!. Not for me I'm afraid.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

I was very worried that I would be completely and utterly disappointed by this fragrance, and after a day of wearing, can say I'm not.
The original formula does give you more bang for its buck- initially there is more amber, and the lasting power on the original does outast this formulation.

Both formulas have great sillage at the 1-2 hour point of wearing. I found myself having a similar drydown experience with both formulas, except that the original's drydown is like glue. It sticks to your skin really well and lingers.

I smelled my skin at the end of the day after wearing this, and could still smell it faintly. It could have been stronger. Had I exercised or been in warm heat however, the fragrance may have re-emerged from my skin in much the same way Chanel No 5 eau Premiere does, it comes back after you think it's gone.

Littlegrassstraw
Littlegrassstraw

A review from a "blank slate" as I have not tried the original Stella: I have enjoyed wearing this perfume for the last hour. To me it smells totally like a fine soap shop should smell: fresh rose, lily of the valley and other white blossoms (yeah to me this one really has a definite lilyish note) and a slight touch of peony (I normally hate peony so the fact that I like this means, I guess, that it does not contain that much?). The soaps in the soap shop are elegant and smell like beautiful fresh flowers, not soapy or dry. So it starts as a light, crisp, beautiful, somehow classic and a bit reserved floral. I think it is a very "English" scent, polite and nostalgic. As time goes a more common sweet and fresh fruity floral scent gradually takes over the lead role from the rose. It is still enjoyable but less special.

The sillage is rather soft and transparent. To me amber or warmth are really unnoticable in this scent. It is pure, fresh, crisp flowers, perfect for a beautiful spring work scent. My first thought was - is this a sheer version? - as the bottle color and ad campaign seems to be at odds with this light and fresh scent.

Tovah
Tovah

That photo makes it look as if this is a mouth rinse rather than a fragrance. Very unapplealing...which suits this stupid new version of the masterpiece that was Stella. I have owned a bottle of Stella non-stop, since 2003, which, believe-me, is record-breaking. I rarely repurchase a fragrance after I've used it up (if I ever use it up). But Stella was unique, mysterious, and perfect for this avid rose gardener.

Maybe I'm crazy, but this Stella smells like a "version" of Stella to me; like Chanel No. 5 edp now smells like an "our version of" and Shalimar edt smells like Everclear grain alcohol...

How I wish Stella Rose Absolue was still around!

Maybe my nose is just tired today. Maybe I'm completely wrong. I hope I am completely wrong.

The bottle I have at this time is an art deco-ish, octagonal glass bottle with amethyst tones fading to clear, from top to bottom. It's gorgeous. My husband loves this fragrance, and it seems to be uplifting to everyone who comments on it.

Alayna1011

Incredibly weak. Can barely smell it (and I used like half a sample) and goes away in less than an hour. This is literally like a very light rosewater cologne, not an EDP. Perfumes don't have great longevity on me in general, so YMMV, but I will not be buying this.. It's just too expensive for something I would have to reapply every hour or two. And despite most perfumes not having good longevity for me, most of them last at least a few hours- not less than one. The only other perfume I've found to have been reformulated this badly and ruined in this exact same manner is the new Jasmin Noir by Blvgari, which barely has any smell at all now (though that one is admittedly worse than Stella.)

And I don't care what anyone says, I am NOT speaking from "reformulation hysteria" here. I discovered my passion for perfume only recently (this year) and was not ever attached to the original Stella (in fact, I only tried the original after trying the reformulation) and I can tell you for sure that the version they are selling now is weak and watered down when compared to how it used to be. Trust me, if my shitty sense of smell can tell there is a clear difference between the two, then pretty much anyone should be able to.

I have a very real problem with companies hawking different products while claiming it is the exact same as always-- it's false advertising. And notice that they don't slash the price to reflect the cheaper ingredients. It IS a problem in general, and this reformulation in particular is unacceptable. Let the number of other reviewers who are saying the exact same thing as me warn you about this perfume-- go find an original on ebay and don't give Stella any of your hard earned $ for this crap.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Stella (2014) by Stella McCartney definitely has a more prominent peony top note than the original Stella. I am a peony lover so the crisp floral top note is something I liked, but I love roses as well so finding out and then smelling for myself that the rose definitely is less prominent was a bit disappointing. I also think that in this newer edition you can smell more amber in the dry down. The rose is still sweet and the mandarin adds just a hint for citrus. New or original edition I think I will always be a fan of Stella, it is a gorgeous fresh floral fragrance and I absolutely love it!

blueviolet
blueviolet

Much more citrusy and light but not weak.
The rose is muted.
I actually like this much better, however if you're a fan of the original you might be disappointed. It has changed.

Tested 2014. Another broken heart here. You'll better go and try on yourself. Some may be content with the new one anyway, because it's not bad smelling, but it's like a watered shadow of original with a soapy edge. It smells so weak since the the opening and lasts no more than 2 hours where older Stella lasted ages on my chemistry. I have a sample of new one and my precious bottles of older formula so I could make a direct comparison. No, they are not the same fragrance. The new one should cost 1/4 of the orginal due to its performance.
The rose is still there only weaker, peony is ok, mandarine weaker but the tragedy is in the amber part: it has become an average soapy amber. I guess that Stella McCartney never used real ambergris due to her animalist soul (and prices, of course) so it's not about that. A change in perfume maker?
If it makes sense to you, I could say that it's more or less the same relation between LB Venezia original and the new Venezia sold now.
They were honest enough not to sell a new version in the same bottle without saying anything about and claiming for the usual broken record "the perfume is the same, your nose is trickening" that SAs are so well trained for. No, my nose is monster as usual.
This new one could fulfill the needs of those people who tought that original Stella was too strong.

Ouch!
Ouch!

All of these reviews are breaking my heart. It seems my signature will be gone forever. :( (Sorry not a review but..I had to post here. RIP Stella.

little elf
little elf

Mogul
Mogul

unfortunately, you are right... I have to update my former review after a week I have been wearing this. The new Stella is not the old Stella. I am sad, lost a friend, and a signiture scent.
I don't blame Stella McCartney, there is a new regulation for fragrances in the EU and since it is produced in UK they might changed because of that. Lots of the perfume legacys are victim of the rule.
It lost the deep ambery notes, and sometimes it smells on me like mosquito repellent. The fresh woody notes are steril, and after a half an hour it disappers completely.
I tried to stay positive, and think that I just feel it different because it is repackaged but sadly I have to admit that Stella is gone for me.
Eighter way, I won't buy it again, I don't even think I will finish this bottle, I'm already using something else.... :(

I didn't have a chance to smell this version yet, but I feel scared...
I love old Stella and I perfectly know how it smells on me.
It was always a staple since it came out. One of the few perfumes that I'm never tired of. I love that fresh rose in a sligthly dark blend.
It was not available in Italy since a long time, but I managed to buy it abroad. I have a sealed big bottle and wanted to buy another one soon or later.
The bottle was just perfect for the perfume.
So new money put on an old Stella?
I don't know what went wrong with these people.
The ad is awful, meaningless and a little disgusting (I don't know why exactly, maybe the teeth), the model is ugly, the bottle colour... I can pass over all this, but the scent???

Silences
Silences

Spotted this at Sephora NYC (59th/3rd) so I asked them for a sample. My first impression was no, no, no if I am struggling to like this one there's a problem. First of all it's weak. The appeal of the first Stella is that it is noticeable. It catches you off guard and reels you in by it's uniqueness. P&G thank you for destroying yet another fragrance. I sprayed it on two hours ago and I'm struggling to even smell it now. The old version would last me 4-6 hours. The wood and citrus notes don't do anything to enhance the fragrance, yet the absence of the amber is noticeable and sorely missed. This fragrance has gone from being special to being completely average. Invaderlark you in fact did NOT smell a bad bottle, it's actually this lame. I'd rename it to Summer Stella the cologne.

zenbabylove
zenbabylove

It's obviously related to the original Stella,I get that.

However,this version is definitely muted and soapier.

I do not think the advertising and bottle suit the scent at all.

I envision a clear,sultry dusty rose bottle and a soft natural woman.

That's the biggest contradiction! the potion versus the campaign.

invaderlark
invaderlark

I tried this today at Nordstroms at I have to say I'm disappointed. I get the rose of course but it's become soapy and "grandmother" like. The old one in my opinion was a jammy/juicy rose with lovely peony. Fresh as hell and very powerful. This one on the otherhand, not so much. I know the one I tested is the new one because of the gold perforated ribbon at the neck of the bottle. Maybe I smelt a bad bottle or maybe I was just having an off day. All I can say is if this is how Stella is going to smell then I'm gonna have to move onto another rose scent.

Elisa S
Elisa S

Just tested this new version today, and I disagree with the reviewers below, who say it is the same scent:
In New Stella, citrus is more prominent, especially in the opening, though towards the drydown it vanishes (while I barely got any citrus in Old Stella).
And generally New Stella feels a bit lighter/fresher and soapier.
And finally, in the drydown of New Stella a hint of wood appears, which was not present in Old Stella (but in turn, amber is not really prominent in New Stella).

Of course it is not a totally different fragrance, but I do definitely smell a difference. I would say 90% of the scent is the same.
While New Stella is nice enough - and I like the hint of wood in the drydown - I definitely prefer Old Stella.

(I don't think I would buy New Stella, while Old Stella is among my favorite fragrances. The (although very small) hint of darkness has gone from the fragrance - and I think the bottle colour doesn't suit it anymore. I remember thinking that a peach-coloured/orange-pink/yellowish bottle would suit the new version better)

meama
meama

yes indeed it's the same perfume, it's just a new promotional campaign. A very classic powdery english rose...in complete contradiction with this stupid soft porn advertising (à la Tom Ford).

krayonkid
krayonkid

Woodsy notes are added to the original composition, which makes it a new fragrance, or reinterpretation in the least...

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

If it's the same fragrance, why create a new page ?
People are going to think : Did the fragrance change finally or not ?

Stella (2014) by Stella McCartney 4.05 out of 5 based on 229 ratings and 63 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Stella McCartney Stella (2014) fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Stella McCartney Stella (2014), you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Stella (2014) by Stella McCartney. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Stella (2014) by Stella McCartney represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.