Designers » R S » Floral « Groups

Stella Stella McCartney for women
dislike
Total people voted: 2076

I have it: 1559 I had it: 728 I want it: 1156 My signature: 88

Stella Stella McCartney for women Videos Stella Stella McCartney for women Videos
Stella Stella McCartney for women Pictures Stella Stella McCartney for women Pictures Stella Stella McCartney for women Pictures Stella Stella McCartney for women Pictures Stella Stella McCartney for women Pictures Stella Stella McCartney for women Pictures Stella Stella McCartney for women Pictures

Stella McCartney: “I showed an old-time picture of a rose to a designer. Just imagine a luxurious flower, heavy and beautiful; its petals fall off just by your gentle touch. I would love to keep this frail beauty, this moment of perfection in the perfume.” The designer of the perfume is the famous Jaques Cavallier. No matter the reputation of rose perfumes as old-fashioned, Stella, with her classical retro chic, stands apart from the batch of new perfumes and attracts attention with her peculiarity. In the top notes there are rose oil, peony and a gentle touch of fresh tangerine. In the heart of the perfume there is rose, whose gentle scent is emphasized by the deep note of amber in the base. The perfume was made in 2003. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Cavallier.

Mandarin Orange Rose Peony Amber

Stella (2014)

Stella Fragrance Reviews

turtle91
turtle91

I have a vial of this which smells amazing. Most rose perfumes are chockful of alcohol and headache-inducing, but this one is different from those department perfume brands. It has a rich, deep, gorgeous smell. Love it.

gamme82
gamme82

IMO this is how a rosy perfume, should smell like. its clean, sweet, crispy and oriental at the same time. Ones I had a friend compare it with paco rabbane' s ultra violet. And I kinda smell the resembling.
This scent is super safe, and in no way offensive. Yet its still there to do the job. it has massive longevity and sillage. Rarely do I find myself, NOT getting compliments on this smell. For many years it was my signature scent.

amywamywoo
amywamywoo

Icy crisp, clean rose.

Feminine, clean, youthful and chic!

It's super versatile, inoffensive, pleasant and very wearable (all year round).
A modern vintage, if that makes any sense. I think this will always be in my rotation.

(Would also like to mention that I bought mine as part of a set, and the lotion to me smells a little fartsy/funky. Anyone else found this? The perfume smells fresh, so I'm thinking it must have been stored correctly).

nina.klokset
nina.klokset

One of my favorites of all perfumes. It is classy, romantic, discrete and 'out there' - all at the same time. Magic captured in a bottle! Love the smell of roses - without it being overpowering or anything, - and love the fact that it does smell floral - yet it has some mystery to it, - not your 'regular floral perfume' (whatever that is...) perhaps because it is both dark and light at the same time.... it is such a unique perfume in my opinion, - and I am gonna get another bottle of it, that's for sure :) <3
/Niina.

Karema
Karema

Stella by Stella McCartney has always been my "most wear" perfume. It gives me the aura of being mysterious yet still romantic. I love how it blends with my skin, like it was made for each other. It's too bad that it's very hard to find this perfume nowadays.

damewolf13
damewolf13

There is no doubt that this is primarily a rose based perfume, so those that are allergic or don't prefer the scent of rose should steer clear of this perfume.
The prevalent scent of roses is so intricately blended with a deep rich amber note, and a lighter citrus and peony note that this becomes a delightfully blended grown up scent that lasts the whole evening for those romantic nights at home, or that special romantic night out on the town. This scent is very distinctive and set apart from other rose scents because of the special blend of all of the notes together.
Because of the good sillage and longevity it may be too strong for others in close quarters such as the workplace.

ckernan
ckernan

This is my "Goldilocks" perfume... just right for any occasion, any season, day or night. When in doubt of which scent is appropriate, this is a sure bet. It is mature and classic without reminding me of grandma, and has a noticeable, moderate-long lasting and very elegant scent that is not overpowering or offensive. It is light and subtle, yet full and just bold enough all at the same time. I have been testing Stella for months, and finally bought a full sized bottle because I am so obsessed with it. I am not normally a fan of rose notes in perfume, however this is gorgeous from start to finish. It starts out very bright and fresh, and warms up to a delicious full bodied rose absolute scent before transforming (I'd say within 30 min.) into the most delicious woody amber scent, which lingers for hours. The base notes are incredibly intoxicating, and are the main reason I love this perfume. I find that no matter where this scent is at in its dry-down, and which notes are most prominent, it always has the prefect balance of rose and amber. Absolute perfection.

Maride
Maride

I love this parfume and have been using it for years in autumn and winter. I've noticed over the summer that it's come in a new packaging. I've tried it a couple of times at the counter and I'm sure it has been reformulated even though they say it hasn't. This doesn't smell like the one I have at home. To my nose it doesn't have the same warmth. I get much more citrus in a dull way (and I love citrus so that's usually not a problem). I hope that it's just because I'm used to wearing it in the cooler months but I doubt it...

madisonavenue
madisonavenue

It smells like wine on my skin and I love it!

shivabglr
shivabglr

Stella has got to be one of the sweetest perfumes I've smelled!

I'm reminded of Flowerbomb, only Stella smells more mature and heavy, lady-like and classy, while flowerbomb is flirty and light,

the amber is very warm and sweet, in the same style as Dior Midnight Poison, (stella and midnight poison end up smelling very similar on my skin!)

Stella is really really strong, on my skin I can smell it all day! a little of it a couple days ago on my coat and my whole wardrobe still smells loudly of it,

I can't see myself wearing it very often, coz though it's pretty pleasant, all I'm smelling is a heavy and very sweet denseness,

on one of my testings, I once smelled a very wet and beautiful rose garden, not sweet at all but quite wet and fresh to my surprise,

unfortunately this only happened once, and I haven't been able to smell this beautiful aspect of it lately,

maybe I'll give it another try when it's cooler

----------------------

Edit:

tested it again today about 2 weeks later, the weather is cooler now and the rose garden is back!

this is still too safe (but yet very deep and pleasant) for me, my sister appreciates it more than me, she thinks it smells like Gucci Rush!

bouchardjen
bouchardjen

I generally love rose perfume and other florals, this scent does not work for me at all however. I had to wash it off.

Seems very musky and I barely smell rose. I'm mystified by the reviews- must be my nose.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

This is the ultimate, and best, non-berry-sweet rose scent that I've found to date. It's my favorite rose scent. I get a lot of similarities to Paul Smith Rose, but Stella is much more wearable and the rose is smoother and far less screechy. It also lasts longer on me, which is something hard to find in non-sweet rose scents.

I find that many predominantly rose perfumes can come off as dusty or cold, and make me feel uneasy in my own skin, but Stella is oddly comforting. I'm pretty sure that's the lovely Amber coming into play.
It's quite beautiful, elegant and easy to wear.
Everyday appropriate, office appropriate, no age restriction. Very classy.

Lasts 6 hours on my skin. Projection stronger when sprayed on clothes.

ladenu
ladenu

Very prominent rose note. Altough its lovely,chic and elegant; I found it a bit heavy. I can imagine myself wearing this when I am +30, but not now.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

I find it hard to imagine disliking this, unless you dislike the scent of roses in general or at least dislike smelling like one.

This is a warm, sensual rose versus a soapy, clean rose (Chloe EDP) or a natural, outdoor rose (Roses de Chloe EDT) or a delicate rosewater (Cartier's Goutte de Rose) or a sweet, jammy rose (Keiko Mecheri's Gourmandises).

My only complaint with Stella, and the reason why I hesitate to grab a full-sized bottle, is that it doesn't seem to last on my skin. After an hour I have a hard time locating the patch of skin I sprayed it on - a pretty poor performance for an EDP. But while it lasts it's classically lovely. I love the tangerine note and the warm sweetness of the amber.

LunaTaylor
LunaTaylor

I really like this one. I sprayed it on at Ulta after choosing which one to try between this and Dolce. Very rose at first but a fresh rose mixed with other scents like greens and citrus I got the amber/warn after a few minutes. Reminds me of something my grandmother would like she was a very classy woman and liked fashion. Id say this is slightly old-fashioned in a 40s pinup girl kind of way.
Im not sure if I tried the perfume or toilette but I was disappointed this didn't last very long. I wonder if another form would last longer? This is something I would wear frequently in warm weather its truly light and not cloying(butI wish it were just a little more substantial).

Elisa S
Elisa S

Please new reviewers of Stella, be aware whether it is this old version of the fragrance that you test and review.
Because Stella was relauched August 1, 2014, so if you test it in store after this date, it will most likely be the new version (which has gold instead of silver around the bottle neck). The new version has its own page here on Fragrantica (see ´Stella(2014)').
It would just be a shame if the two versions got mixed up :)

KaseyC
KaseyC

Fresh scent of rose. I pick a very noticeable note of orange/ citrus in the opening. It is very feminine, elegant and youthful. I am not surprised it is very popular. However, the scent is not so impressive that makes me remember it. It always reminds me a bit of other fragrances that I cannot name what. If you want to gift a young woman a perfume but you don't know what to buy, buy this.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

I'm reviewing the rollerball and not the spray, and the original, circa 2005.

Stella opens with a surprising lemon, with the rose quickly catching up. I like the lemon; it keeps the rose from getting too precious. In the dry down I lose a lot of the citrus and a fair amount of the rose and get peony. I never smell anything like amber, which is a shame. Amber would be nice here.

A nice enough perfume that sticks to the shallow waters and never submerges its head.

gabri11e
gabri11e

This is not my favorite perfume. But I'd say I probably wear this more than anything else in my collection. It's clean, cool, sexy and feminine. Someone mentioned that it's very inoffensive, and thats very true. This is one of my "airplane" perfumes (scents that sit close to the skin that you can wear around large groups of people and in confined spaces).

Anytime I'm feeling headachy, nausious or overall unwell, this seems to be one of the onyl scents I can wear.

odelnyul
odelnyul

Stella was my first perfume. I have been longing for it as a young adult,sniffing it every day on my way home from school at the department store (the people working there did hate me a lot). Three years later I got a small bottle of it for Christmas from my mum, and it was my sole bottle of perfume, until I got my first OK paying job and could buy a bottle of Occitane Eau d'Iparie. Almost 10 years later, Stella is still my favourite, after my 33 ml bottle ran out this year (I have been using it very sparingly) I have repurchased a 100 ml bottle, and a backup bottle fearing possible reformulation.

Sentimental details aside, Stella is beautiful, deep and sexy. It is a perfume paradox, composed of contradictions: it is dry and sweet at the same time; a contemporary classic; sexy and innocent and light-hearted, but also very deep. It is a beautiful mixture of fresh dewy roses, lightened by tangerines, and deepened by a sultry swirl of amber. It makes you feel confident, cool and seductive. I can only recommend it.

ETA: I only see now that I have given basically the same review as the person below me. Well, that just proves that we're both right. Stella is a "contradiction in a bottle".

faeriegiirl
faeriegiirl

A very realistic modern rose. Stella is my all time favorite rose scent right up there with al rehab's roses perfume oil. Stella is young but mature at the same time, a fragrance for all ages. It's sultry yet fresh, classic yet modern, A contradiction in a bottle. It's very feminine but not "girly". If there was one word to describe Stella it would be beautiful.

Sillage is moderate to high and it lasts forever on my perfume eating skin. This is one perfume that will always have a place in my collection.

zenbabylove
zenbabylove

This is a very pure and natural scent.I adore fragrances that you can find out in nature and this reminds me of a nice walk in a garden after rain.The amber adds a sultry tone to the innocence of the rose.It's about time that rose fragrances lose the stigma of being "old lady" because this is a breath of fresh air!

teadrinker
teadrinker

This is a very unique scent! It's deep and mysterious and light and floral at the same time. The deep purple bottle is so fitting for the scent- it's dusky, smoky (it doesn't smell like smoke, but it gives off that vibe), with a hint of feminine innocence. This is a hard scent to describe, one that invokes images rather than particular notes. I've not smelled anything like this anywhere else.

Sweet Sea Pea
Sweet Sea Pea

Stella was my beloved signature for several years but for about the last two years it lost some of the magic for me. I think I wore it too much and stopped being able to really appreciate the nuances. I first encountered her on a dry sampler from Sephora, which drove me to go purchase a roller ball. When I first met her Stella was like a long lost part of myself that I had re-discovered. I think the slightly dark or sad note fit my mood at that time in my life. This fragrance is very beautiful, and soft but with an enveloping feeling. I think the rose makes me nostalgic, and then the other elements create a dreamy feeling. I used to be so addicted and went through several roller balls, until my mom got me a huge 3.4 oz bottle which is still about 1/4 full after many daily uses. I'm glad I still have this in my collection, but I just don't reach for it very often. I have fallen in love with Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose, and now when I smell Stella it makes me feel a bit sad, a bit washed out. I'm hoping that later on I will be able to smell it with a new nose again. This is a good lesson for me to try to rotate my fragrances so that I can really smell and appreciate them. This perfume has gotten many compliments over the years, particularly from men. I think the longevity is fairly short, and the sillage is fairly small, making it a highly appropriate day/office fragrance.

scentelle
scentelle

I have a long relationship with this perfume. There were a few moments where I loved it and felt cushioned and enveloped in it, like in a nice, rich silk scarf. This was years ago, when it was created. It seems I have grown up. A friend of mine brought me a bottle and I was so excited. Unfortunately, I didn't like the burst of rose smell in the opening - too rosy for me. Just a singular rose smell and so overwhelming. Then the drydown was pleasant, but for me it was too masculine and smelt like a men's perfume mixed with cigarette smell. Gave it to a friend of mine who is into roses and she's very happy. The bottle, however, is beautiful but I prefer to make someone happy rather than have a trophy in my bathroom.

MelodyJayne76
MelodyJayne76

Sorry - do not like this perfume at all. All I get is a stale body odour smell from it! I spray it on clean skin and it makes me feel like jumping in a shower again. Had to give mine away because I was so unhappy with it. Maybe it's just the rose reacting with my skin but I would definitely "try before you buy" with this one! Note to self:- blind buys are sooo not worth it :(

AnnBerg
AnnBerg

A classy, sophisticated rose scent. On me it smells mostly roses and a bit amber. Beautiful and elegant perfume. I like to wear it in cold weather.

armacoonsum
armacoonsum

Recently, I stumbled upon a very successful blend of straight-up rose and amber, and thought, "Wow, I have duped Stella for a whole $15!" I used MH Fragrances' "Rose" and Nemat's "Amber" (the latter smells more like musk than amber to me, but anyway...) I got so many great compliments using that combination, and the really meaningful"You smell good!" compliments, rather than, "What perfume are you wearing?" Thanks,awkward I.T. guy... smell good was what I was going for. Fast forward to yesterday and an impulsive squirt from the Stella tester... and, ho-hum? My wrist, immediately after application, smelled like I had *maybe* washed with some vaguely rosy soap, several hours ago. That, friends, was IT. An hour later, NOTHING remained. Maybe the deep, sexy rose that my own accidental blend channeled for me was Stella Rose Absolute?

beauty_girl

Frayja: Dont think so, i have seen it in many stores online.

CaledonianChic77
CaledonianChic77

This is a really nice deep rich, sweet rose perfume which i would recommend spray ever so gently. At least that way on dry down it ends up light but still delicious & uncomplicated. The Jasmine make's it ideal for summer evenings as it's romantic but has a comforting element which i suppose is lovely to wear in the winter months. I really do like this as i am a big fan of rose scented perfumes & this sits nice on my skin. Perfume bottle is nice i admire the purple dip dye effect, overall charming little scent.

United kingdom is well stock far as i can see on this perfume

Penelope17
Penelope17

This is such a nice perfume that develops even more as you wear it and lasts a long time. Like days! Really nice and floral and kinda reminds me of the new Mary Kate and Ashley Nirvana White perfume.

boutonstendres:
If you like Stella to be stronger, try Stella Rose Absolute, the darkest violet botle, it is stronger and last long.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

Gorgeous. A rose that is slightly sexy, edgy. Well-balanced.

I would wear this perfume any day I just *needed* to break out the pencil skirt. It would go perfectly with anything feminine--on any occasion.

The first spray is more mysterious than the dry-down and they're both great. The amber comes out more as it wears off but it's not offensive as it can be in other perfumes. That's a good composition.

Just wish there was greater sillage and/or longevity (which aren't terrible, just muted).

YogaRose
YogaRose

A beautiful, modern, natural rose and amber.
Yet I find it fresh enough for hot climates.
An instant love and classic rose fragrance.

zzMaja
zzMaja

Very Feminine, soft and sophisticated. You can wear this and not offend anyone. Does not come on too strong. Nice everyday pick-me-up.

deviation
deviation

Rose perfumes that I've came across either smelt like room fresheners or like incense stick. Too strong or too subtle to detect. Too synthetic or too sharp. Too complex or too flat. It put me off to purchase any perfume that had rose note in it until I found Stella.

What makes stella a special perfume to me is how well the notes blend with one another and how they stay the same way throughout its lifespan- one spray goes a long way. I wear this all year round and the smell doesn't change with changing seasons. I get notes of Rose, Amber, Peony- all well melded. Except mandarin that I don't detect, but I don't miss it either. Sometimes I detect steel note, not in an outrageous sharp way but something that has been added in a tiny fraction to balance the notes of rose to give out that clean smell. Unlike other perfumes where each note takes its turn one after the other or try to clash with other notes, here they all unite like a team and stay in harmony and peace exuding such gracefulness you want to embrace it and say I want you to be with me forever my love...

In my opinion Stella is the most charming rose perfume ever made! Smells grown up, polished and graceful.

Breath fashion
Breath fashion

i love the smell of this perfume but i feel that is not strong enough for me and its sillage is not strong .

clickingpenguin
clickingpenguin

In my opinion, this is a rose lover's paradise...It's cool, dainty, fresh, and maintains that beautiful rose scent without being overpowered by any funky/strange notes. And it's not old ladyish AT ALL. Somehow, it manages to be contemporary and completely wearable. Stella remains on my wish list because it's kind of pricey and I want to be able to get a full sized bottle :)

magrathea17
magrathea17

according to reviews I was quite intrigued to try this, but I found just rather nice rose body lotion. nothing memorable for me..

Tanyaoxo
Tanyaoxo

I am so shocked about how much I love this one! Usually I like my roses sweeeeet engulfed in a fruity punch, so looking at the notes here I expected a 'meh' scent for my nose- oh boy was I wrong! This is so gorgeous! It's fresh, floral, but dries down so ambery warm and a little sweet, it truly is a classic! I just feel happy when I wear this scent. It's perfect for all occasions, any time of year. Just so beautiful <3

Ioli19
Ioli19

I truly love this one! And there aren't many I do love, though I do like many....
It's a lovely, deep and sexy rose, it stands out from the other rose perfumes! It's different - it would appeal to those not crazy about roses too. The amber is soft and incense seems to be there too.
I actually find it better suited for autumn and winter, and it would suit over 25's, Stella to me is for confident girls, with strong personalities and girls who stand by their views.

It lasts long on me (3-4 hours which is lots for me!) and sillage is good.
This will have to be a staple for me!

Plrowden
Plrowden

I am wearing Stella for the first time today. From all the reviews I studied before buying it, I was expecting a beautiful "modern" rose fragrance. I adore rose perfumes, so I was very really looking forward to smelling that very first spray. Oddly enough, on my skin Stella doesn't smell the least bit rosy. Instead there is a beautiful blend of florals which my nose cannot pick out and identify a single one, as they are so perfectly blended. I didn't notice any change in the middle accord, just a bit of mellowing as the faintest whisper of the amber began to appear. The dry down is, on me, the softest almost cottony amber. I like this fragrance, but on me it is definitely not a rose.

missy.stratimirovic
missy.stratimirovic

I am wearing Stella today on a rainy winter day. I don't find it dark or gothic or anything particularly mysterious. It is not young or girly either. it is just a lovely rose and peony combination over an amber base that is wonderfully pleasant and wearable. It is light but persistent, which is hard to achieve in fragrances, I suppose. It could become a classic, it is already a classic.

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

This one keeps reminding me of Juilette Has a Gun Miss Charming (I was relieved to see I'm not the only one). It's not a DEAD ringer for Miss Charming but without putting them side by side I'd have a hard time telling which one a person is wearing. The Rose was a bit richer and deeper in Miss Charming (before the Litchee EXPLOSION that tried to suffocate me)

The Mandarin and peony blend together to have a very litchee like sharp, almost sweet, tanginess. It overshadows the rose and is cloying on me. The scent is pretty linear on me as well with the litchee-like tangy scent playing in front of a soft rose that never quite gets confident enough to come fully into the light or develop any real depth. I really can't seem to get to the amber.

This one, like it's dopleganger Miss Charming, has great longevity and okay sillage. It's just definitely not for me.

mjdancer83
mjdancer83

I recently got this in rollerball form just to try because I get bored of scents pretty easily, but it quickly became my favorite daily perfume! I agree with a previous review that is is a darker, gothic type of rose scent, but it is beautiful and suitable for day or night and year round. Not overwhelming or headache inducing at all, looking forward to buying a full bottle and trying other Stella McCartney scents!

katushka37
katushka37

I can see why a lot of people love this fragrance - it is a deep vintage rose scent encapsuled in the beautiful bottle that will standout on a dressing table.

I followed the hype and got myself a bottle. I really wanted to like this scent but on my skin two very prominent notes - amber and rose oil were competing agaist each other making this scent a bit overwhelming (I also live in a warm climate, so maybe thats part of the reason). The longevity was quite good on my skin and I could still smell it after 6 hours.

I used about 20% of the 30 ml bottle and had to part with it as I stopped enjoying it.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

This is a gothy rose. It evokes dilapidated gorgeous manor, greenhouse, crumbling estates, enamoured by rose blooms.

Gothy, for it's a darker interpretation of the Rose, gloomy but pretty. Suits autumn and winter fabulously.

wendyangeln
wendyangeln

2nd review. Stella is even more beautiful in chilly weather! I'm not really one to wax poetic about a fragrance, but this! I loved her in the summer - she was a wonderfully young, fresh bunch of roses. But now it's chilly, she's a reflective, maybe even melancholy rose? Not heavy, just wistful. In the summer, it was white roses, but now it is dark red. Still rose, but sadder. Less airy and fanciful. No longer the kind of roses you find in a bouquet. I now see a single rose left on an old grave in the snow. Not a symbol of a new and painful loss, no. Just a promise, an "I will never forget". No tears, just memories.
This is a rose of things past, things long gone, but never forgotten.

Love.

yanina1894
yanina1894

It's a lovely perfume with a soft sillage. Reminds me of Dior Addict 2, but much weaker. Doesn't last long as well.

sammydevlin
sammydevlin

I decided one day I needed a rose fragrance and this was a blind buy. I picked it because of the description of a vintage rose.

I'm glad I got it because it's lovely. It's like all the goodness of rose turkish delight without being too candy sweet, mixed with a yummy cola flavour. I get the vintage aspect because it's not light and fruity/floral but powdery and quite heavy like older perfumes (which I'm always inclined to like better anyway).

*Update* This is lovely to wear to sleep :)

meow1900
meow1900

This has been one of my fave scents for quite some time now. It's also very unique as I've never smelt anything like it before. To me it smells like blackberries, sweet roses, and incense. Lasts pretty much all day :)

aym
aym

On me this didn't smell of roses at all. I was hoping for more of a rose smell. It was a bit harsh on my skin.

miss_mandarin

I don't like most of the rose scent in the market as they are too sweet and sometimes smell "Cheap". Stella is the only rose scent that I love as it is not sweet at all. The smell is so warm and gorgeous. Very suitable for fall and winter. It is a really beautiful scent if you don't like sweet rose! The 30ml bottle is so pretty and it looks like a crystal! The silage power is fantastic, could last for 6-8 hours! Definitely one of my favourite perfume!

fayez188
fayez188

من العطور الشامخه اللذيذه الوردية الفاتنه التي لا تقاوم تركيبته ليست متكررة
نسائي لذيذ يزيد الانثى اغراء وسحرا

شي لا يكون الا بالاحلام

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

Upon first spray this is goes on like a nightmare. Overpowering and strong floral. But after about 15 minutes of settling on the skin and dry down, the perfume takes on a gorgeous scent. I don't think I have the patience though to wait it out. It's hard to believe it starts out so rough and settles so beautifully. I would not purchase for this reason.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I am not a huge fan of roses but I love this fragrance. I think its because of the peony notes that takes it from clean rose smell(which is what real roses smell like-clean and almost medicinal) and it into something deeper and more elegant.
and amber drydown also gives it more depth and makes it suitable for either day or evening.
Unlike many others, i don't find it simular to Morocan Rose fragrance. What I do find it simular is Delicate Petals from VS-its Stella's clone for quater of the price.
I have to wait until SAS sale in VS to get some lotion and shower gel to layer Stella with as I don't find that it has much siliage and projection on me. It does last a long time if I spray my clothes with it though.
I do love this scent and when I wear it, I smell my wrists all the time-its rather addictive

3rd review!
I still have my big bottle and it's half used.
When autumn comes, at first chill, I feel a crave for rose, I mean deep rose and here comes Stella!
Oh, so good! I still like it a lot and feel it mine.
Idylle which I bought together on discount seems to have made its time. I still like it and have some left in the bottle, but I feel sad because I wore it a lot last season and many things changed in the meantime in my life especially with my bf who also liked it. It must be memory trigger for a hard period.
Stella was a perfume on my own and anytime I wore it I got compliments!
Today I wanted to wear it again and again I got compliments!
I love this rose both fresh and deep with the velvety soft amber and just a hint of citrus!
For me it's still a masterpiece of balance between depth and transparency.

kittenluvxo
kittenluvxo

I love this perfume, its definitely something out of my comfort zone, as I was a little hesitant on trying it. It smells amazing once on though. Very deep, floral-y rose scent.

sorrythistaken
sorrythistaken

Smells like faint rose powder

nellychick31
nellychick31

This is the perfect rose fragrance for people who do not typically like rose scents. You certainly can smell the rose, but there is enough citrusy sweetness added to really tone it down and make it much more wearable. I can't handle many rose-scented fragrances, but Stella is one that I adore.

Kelly Jupiter
Kelly Jupiter

The higher you expect ,the more you disappoint.
Today is my first day wear this perfume,on skin and clothes.On clothes it smells VERY BORING that I can' t help wonder why this can be so popular.It performs better on skin,neutral and elegant,you can picture a lady with feminine dresses,she looks quiet and meditating.
I am not quite like it because 1)Though the dry down is not bad,you only can smell the ROSE note,lack of multivariate ;2)It Fakes away too fast(EDP),I spray it five times in the morning,now I still have to make a deep breathing to find it :—(

I will keep using it now and then,maybe one day I will change my view.

greenteacherie
greenteacherie

The dry down on this is GORGEOUS. I honestly live for it and find that I get the majority of compliments on the warm-yet-cold, sexy base. The way the amber and rose mix is just flawless and so alluring. So happy that the cooler months are upon us so Stella can finally come out of summer hibernation.

Update (Oct. 2014): One year on and my love affair with Stella is going strong, if not bordering crazed co-dependency. I tried changing things up and went with Coco Mademoiselle EDT one morning and immediately regretted the choice - not because I don't like CM, but rather I'm shamelessly addicted to the rainy-earthy-smoky rose.

shenzee
shenzee

My all time favourite! Amazing rosy fragrance with hints of amber which makes it far from 'just rose' and banality of those scents. It it definitely great for evening although I wear it all the time :)
It's very long-lasting, fills up rooms, stays around me and leaves a trace of me wherever I go. A friend told me once: ' I knew you were in the building because I could smell your perfume in the lobby'. That tells a lot about its sillage I guess.

diana_drd
diana_drd

I think the best rose perfume I've ever come across, gorgeous red roses, graceful ones, a little juicy thanks to the amber, without seeming heady or dated. It gives me a romantic disposition, the kind you get after finishing a great novel or romantic movie, the only reason why I'm still searching for "the one" in rose scents category is the very poor sillage and longevity on my skin, never more than 2 hours, as a matter of fact I dont think I would mind that you can only sense it if you are very close to my skin if it lasted at least 4h.

FBC
FBC

My all time favorite.

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

I keep persisting with this because I'm interested in rose perfumes and this one gets such approving reviews, but it never smells rosy enough for me, and too cheap and sugary. Ironically, I actually prefer the much cheaper Tea Rose by Perfumers Workshop, which just smells like a freshly picked bunch of roses.

cottonpop

Mysterious and sexy, I always get compliment when I wear this. My to go to for the evening when I need a bit of a pick-me-up. Not something I will wear everyday though.

Sweet Caroline 1000
Sweet Caroline 1000

I like it,it is lovely.I bought the roller ball. I haven't finished it yet. But I guess I have so many other fragrances I like better. But I'm gonna start using it again.

paula02
paula02

Love this one, need to own another bottle of it sometime soon. It's just a natural, deep, sweet smelling rose that is very easy to wear and could easily become someone's signature scent. To me rose scents just have a calming effect and make me feel that everything is okay in the world!

christianne1
christianne1

This is one of my all time favorite rose scents. It is a pure, clean perfect rose scent that has just enough touch of amber to keep it from being too cutesy. The rose note actually smells like a rose and not like some woozy fake sweet rose scent. It is very elegant. It is one of the few fragrances that I have completely finished and repurchased in recent years.

Please do NOT let the "rose" scare you into thinking this is old lady with red lipstick painted on the outside of her lips rose...it isn't. Far from it. It is modern, yet classic and tasteful. Refined. Smells like a lady who commands respect, yet remains feminine.

Biliana

I'll keep on buying it over and over again. This says it all.

نوادر العطور
نوادر العطور

اعشق هذا العطر واكرر شرائح له فخم راقي له طابع شرقي بكل تأكيد ومع بخورالعود الشرقي يعطي جمال آخر

antfarm
antfarm

I like this. It smells like a business woman's rose perfume. It is elegant and very ladylike without smelling soapy or synthetic. The only downside is that a lot of people must wear it (I smell it nearly everywhere I go) so I wouldn't buy it for myself. Lasting power 4 hours.

rinz09
rinz09

A perfect everyday perfume. Warm, and clean, but with a slight moodiness. It's smells of fresh oranges and rosewater on me, which is lovely. It's a great fragrance if you just want to smell pretty, plain and simple. I recommend giving this one a sniff!

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

Perfection. Like walking through a dewy rose garden in the early morning with your sweetheart. Romantic and modern.

itsallgood
itsallgood

A darkly beautiful rose. I just wish it agreed with me more. I think it might have been a little too rosey, even with the weight of the amber. The bottle is nice.

Sisypha
Sisypha

To be fair I should mention that, generally speaking, rose/tuberose-based perfumes aren't my favorites, but there are too many notable exceptions for me to categorically give this large frag Family a pass.

Sadly, "Stella" turned out NOT to be one of those happy exceptions; The Divine Ms Mc's debut scent ended up being just too prosaic & p.c. for the likes of me. A safe scent for church (unless you're the bride!!) or for the very shy person who wants to blend in w/ the woodwork. Unidimensional, with mediocre longevity and even less sillage.

Boredom in a bottle — 4/10

madgefan
madgefan

I'm usually not a fan of rose but this one is special. It's a darker, muskier rose, sexy and alluring. Sweet but just the right amount of sweet. Recommended to those who want a sultrier rose.

Calvini
Calvini

This is a very odd/moody perfume (sampled it today)... It literally changed 4-5 times everytime I take a whiff, can turn from fresh floral to something quite ugly to something really sweet (like Lola). Personally I wouldn't take the chance (for that ugly side to show), otherwise smells great.

Sexy and intoxicating are just a few words to describe this one. Get ready for people to try and figure out what it is your wearing. No one has guessed right yet. This scent is my little secret:)

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

I tried this because someone told me it smells like my favourite scent, Crabtree & Evelyn's Evelyn Rose. This doesnt smell like Evelyn Rose at all unless all rose scents smell alike to you.

Anyway, this is the scent of a velvety white rose. You can smell its lushness. It's a slightly warm scent of rose petals, instead of a rose with its stalks intact.

Dawndelights
Dawndelights

I tried this in a shop but cannot smell it much on my skin, funny how some perfumes are too strong and powerful on your skin and some you don't smell hardly at all

Kilian Chicago
Kilian Chicago

this fragrance is amazing. i'm going to go buy it right now. we don't sell it where i work but its hot. its a very young sexy rose scent. light but great.

megenz
megenz

I was looking for a wedding-day-scent when I tried Stella and was immediately taken in; polished, serious, rosy, grown-up. I knew when I chose her that she was going to be another special Stella in my life.

She doesn’t stand out enough to be stopped in the street but occupies your aura transparently, not wanting to overpower, not wanting to offend.

This is no girly, preppy rose fragrance; it is a serious, grown-up lady for lovers of fine rose dining.

I love this scent got reccomended it by a client when i was pregnant and looking for a fresh fragrance easy on the nose,I always feel clean and girly when i wear this scent xx

lili1912
lili1912

All I get is rose from this.... It's just ok, I mean it's a nicely done rose, but not my style. They have the 50ml bottles in the discount section at shoppers drug mart in Canada for $19 if anyone is interested.

Momo2836
Momo2836

I bought this in NY after much deliberation. Initially loved scent, but when I got back it made me nauseous whenever I smelled it. I had to give away this 90 dollar bottle because it was so strong and overpowering.Too strong rose,headache inducing.

thazinha30
thazinha30

This one is up on my list of most unique fragrances I own (along with Womanity!) This smells like nothing else out there (for my nose at least) and I love it so much I'm on my second bottle (and I rarely buy seconds of anything as I like to try out different stuff all the time.) Only downfall is that this lasts only a few hours on me :( but I purchased the roller ball so I can reapply when the smell is gone (a friend of mine owns this as well and I can smell it on her hours after she sprayed it on her skin - darn it!)

Assiduosity
Assiduosity

Stella by Stella McCartney is a strangely comforting contradiction of the antique and contemporary in fragrance.

In essence this is a classic rose perfume, captured with all the digital perfection that modern technique can muster.

But then something else happens, the scent seems intentionally decayed and aged into a sepia photograph of the flower, rescued from a dusty hiding place.

Before this, the opening is a momentary mandarin that yields almost before it has began to the floral core.

True, that rose heart does have a hint of what others have described as a ‘pot pouri’ presence, perhaps on the account of a rather large part of it that is peony.

This is no dewy, fresh, straight from the garden stem, the sensation is more restrained and if not melancholic then reflective.

The amber lends the structure a somewhat fixed and linear quality, like memories laid down with to be remembered.

After that first unsettling ageing, little changes, as though a certain amount of dilapidation and no more will be tolerated.

Stella is a perfume that may deceive and be dismissed as being overly simplistic.

Yet the charm here lies in the intelligence and thought with which a simple concept is handled with a little complexity.

This is a slight, elegant, floral momento of the recent past.

*************

The rose is perhaps the easiest of all flowers for gentleman of distinction to wear, this example is no exception.

xabaras
xabaras

A very simple fragrance. It doesn't change at all. What you get at the first spray is what you get in the drydown. And what you get is ROSE. Lovely if you love rose fragrances and have skin that allows you to appreciate this nice fresh fragrance. My skin makes this fragrance smell of dry roses in a potpourri and that is not something I rave about. I'm never going to wear it. Sigh.

veneyxia
veneyxia

The only most legendary perfume ever!

WidSoe
WidSoe

the best celeb fragrance.. I'll do everything to find it, so hard to find in Indonesia hiks..I finished 3 bottles and the 4th still getting purchase order fufufu

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

I finally got around to trying this perfume out. I kind of avoided it for the longest time because of how popular it actually is. I’m a big lover of rose fragrances its one of my favorite notes. So when I tried it in store I was in store trying this out and a few other perfumes I was pretty sure I really liked this one, but just in case I made sure I got a sample of it too.

So today I was wearing the sample at home and I don’t know what happened it smelled good but it no longer smelled as amazing as I thought it was in store…Its still a very pleasant scent a little citrusy and light ambery rose that was not too heavy but not too fresh. Actually it was a lot lighter than I expected it to be I was hoping it would be a little heavier. It doesn’t seem have a lot of sillage on me it stays really close to my skin. I almost have to put my wrist right up to my nose to get a good sniff. The lasting power is pretty good though 5-6 hours maybe a little more.

I can see why so many people love this perfume, it smells good and its not offensive in anyway. I think that this would actually be a great introductory rose fragrance for people who do not really like roses in their fragrances….Maybe one day I will buy this but its no longer really high on my priority list of perfumes I want to buy.

evesoho

I'm about to broach a subject that some consider to be taboo in public discussion, and others impolite at least. I'm sorry if I offend anyone. I do believe, though, that it shouldn't be taboo. So... I've come to realize that Stella is the *only* perfume (of any that I've owned) that I can wear during ladytimes (aka menstruation). I don't have a fb anymore, and nothing else will do. It's Stella or nothing, not even my Moroccan Rose. I went to Sephora for a sample vial that will hopefully last until I can afford another fb... although that might not be for a few months. I can't really say why this is... although it's interesting to note that at this time of the month my skin devours nearly all the rose within 20 minutes and I'm left with a dose of mostly amber-y citrus... which I love and crave. Then I will reapply once more throughout the day to get the rose I love and crave. Throughout the rest of the moon's phase, though, ;) the rose is strong enough on me that I don't really notice the citrus, and I never need or want to reapply.

Perhaps it has nothing to do with the scent of the perfume or my changing body chemistry at all, but mood. After all, Stella has a moody melancholy (see my initial review below), and believe me, that's how I feel right now.

Because of this discovery, I've had to change my "like" vote for Stella to "love".

I love rose! Love, Eve

A. Rose123
A. Rose123

It's quite amazing how "Stella" manages to smell, both, modern and streamlined, yet totally out of time. This weird dichotomy fascinates me; inky, dusky, pure and innocent, yet intellectual. Natural but architectural. It smells like a Victorian rose garden on a rainy day, kind of misty, slightly peppery and sweet but still watery. Weirdly, it smells like mature, almost dried roses, soaked with dew.

I really love how poetic "Stella" is, in mood. It mists around you like some intangible memory -- "...where, in my childhood, have I smelled this before?" Is it something an urban stylist, obsessed with synthetic metallics wears or is it some historical apothecary tonic rub, made from distilled petals in a Mennonite community? It's dark and almost brooding, yet pretty with a "girl-in-white-sundress" kind of simplicity. It's like...a Sophia Coppola film or a Lana Del ray video. Moody, sunny and dark -- almost sinister -- at the same time, like feeling exhausted in the sunshine. Hazy and cozy. I love it.

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

It doesn't agree with my chemistry at all. It is too citrus at first, in a bad way. Then it gets a vintage feeling. I like the drydown but I cannot wait for it. I need to enjoy the whole fragrance from the beginning till the end.

carolinencarter
carolinencarter

I first tried this purfume a few years ago, it was pleasant at first but there was somethng really familiar that i just couldnt put my finger on.... then it hit me, comet bathroom cleaner after you have rinsed out the tub. i know this sounds terrible and it isnt in a super literal way, but it has a sort of dirty cleanser quality that i just cant get past. does anyone else get this? its too bad because i really wanted to like this.

evesoho

This perfume has a dark mood for a fragrance based so strongly in rose. If you aren't in a great mood it certainly won't lift you up. If you're feeling melancholy, it fits so right. Except that I don't think perfume should behave that way... I like perfumes which compliment my mood - not match it. At midnight, alone in a dimly lit house, this perfume makes me think ghostly thoughts. And I don't like that. At a party, with friends, this perfume would suggest that I might like to take a walk through the deep, damp woods just before dawn with a special boy... Of course we would probably end up just chatting it up in the kitchen for 2 minutes, but the suggestion is there...

I get the comparison with The Body Shop Morrocan Rose. There is also a comparison to be had with The 7 Virtues' The Noble Rose of Aghanistan, which is mainly Rose but also clove, pepper and carnation. The Noble Rose is uplifting though, with its spiciness.

American gothic poets would love Stella... but it's too sad to wear alone... at least it elicits a reaction... Oh, Stella *sobs*

ajkeelty
ajkeelty

Most times I find rose frangrances to be too mature for me (I'm in my thirties). But this perfume's rose is light enough (Stella was going for fragile) that I can pull it off. It's actually addictive, the light amber is what I think makes this scent perfect. Off all the fragrances I wear this one is my hubby's favorite.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

A little sweet, a little dirty, and all rose. This is very heavy on the roses, so not for everyday use, but it's quite lovely.
EDIT: I sprayed a bit on my hand several hours ago in a store, and it's still going. Sillage is just on the skin at this point, but the scent remains true. I am dying to get a bottle of this now. It does make me sneeze, though, so it may just be a little bottle, for the occasional indulgence.

johanna.lindholm
johanna.lindholm

I really wanted to like this, but when I tried it on, it just smelled really unfresh. It smelled too much rose. It would have been a lot better if there were a little less rose and more of other notes that keeps it more fresh. And I would really enjoy it if there also were some patchouli and sandalwood.

But unfortunately there isn't. I got really disappointed because I wanted fresh and nice roses from the rainy garden, not grannys dried and dusty ones. At least my chemistry made it smell unpleasant. Too much rose just gives me nausea.

beccahewson22
beccahewson22

I loved this scent from the first whiff. But it disappears on my skin nearly immediately, which is so disappointing! So I spray it on my clothes--but would much prefer skin. Have any of you besides 'guest Farha' paired it with the body milk to boost longevity? Does it work for you? Thanks!!

Lanlisa
Lanlisa

Turned this one down a few times but kept sampling. It grew on me and I purchased the shower gel which is gorgeous, then I got the rollerball. I have several rose scented perfumes but this is a dirty rose vs sweet and I have come to love it!. Will get a full size once I use up some of my other items. I am realizing that my preferences are widening to a variety of scents the more I research and sample, while avoiding the cheap or chemical smelling choices. Love Shalimar Initial, but so far the other classic Guerlains I have tried do not compare. See my review for Jicky.

Stella is pure gorgeousness! So beautiful... I must get the bottle soon.... Ooh la la...

gipsy80
gipsy80

lovely, classy and young, not your granny´s rose just gorgeous and velvety, I found that on my body quemistry it smells a bit like rose and sweet red wine, but not sour, not ugly, just intoxicating in a good way, only con is that I have to reapply it after three or four hours, I get lots of complimments from my friends, we are on our early 30´s.

wyrdlam
wyrdlam

I’m on the hunt for a beautiful perfume in which rose is the star scent. When I read about how Stella was created based on a vintage picture of a rose, I knew I had to give Stella a try. Stella is a very lovely perfume that has a gorgeous rose outer scent and then deepens into a warm, smooth amber note. On the first spray, the rose comes out very strong, but delicate. I was impressed with how much the fragrance smells like a real rose. The powdery scent of a rose fades within minutes, which I was happy about since I don’t quite care for powdery perfumes, especially since overly powdery roses can easily be reminiscent of an elderly woman.

I can smell hints of the mandarin orange peeking out from behind the rose scent, which gives the rose a slight green, fresh tint. It makes the perfume smell like real roses in nature. At the same time, the amber blends so well with the rose and makes the rose smell slightly mossy. By “mossy” I mean that the perfume made me think of the natural scent a rose might have if grown in the wild—deep, velvety, maybe even dirty with bent petals from being brushed by wild animals and the wind. I could also detect peonies adding some floral texture, but it’s light and I’m glad it’s light.

Unfortunately, the rose scent lasted only about 90 minutes on my skin before the amber overwhelmed any rose oil. The base of amber eventually was the only scent I detected, and that beautiful rose was gone. When Stella McCartney said that she wanted the perfume to give the impression of rose petals lightly falling off from a delicate touch, she definitely succeeded. I was disappointed that the rose petals had “fallen off” because the amber didn’t sit well on my skin. It smelled sour and almost like sweat.

This perfume is like something I would ideally wear in the spring and summer, but could be worn year-round. The flowery rose scent might not be the best for winter, but it wouldn’t be so strange. The rose scent is just definitely something I would want for the spring/summer. When I first sprayed it on, I kept thinking about how lovely a summer fragrance this would be. However, I’m unsure how the amber would handle in summer heat.

Overall, this is a gorgeous rose fragrance. If you want a complex perfume, this might not be for you since rose and amber are the only two notes that I strongly detect despite the orange and peony also playing minor roles. I personally will not be buying the bottle of eau de perfum because the gorgeous rose disappeared so quickly and the amber smelled sour on my skin, but I will say again that I thought the rose fragrance smelled very much like real roses, especially compared to some other perfumes that only want to give a “rose interpretation." The perfumer Jacques Cavallier did a great job capturing Stella McCartney’s vision. 5/5

Mons
Mons

O.M.G., I love this fragrance. This is not your granny's rose perfume.
Stella is young, chic, fashion forward and so feminine. I have just recently finished off my fourth bottle and will be picking up another next time I'm in the store.
More than any other fragrance - past or present - Stella is the one that obtains the most complements. I will never be without this in my rotation.

Perfumegoddess23

This perfume is very distinct & unique there are many rose scents out there but this one was just polished precisely & beautifully , it has this alluring bold silkiness to it that makes it ultimately elegant to say the least this perfume screams out " The Secret Garden"

psloves
psloves

Beautiful fragrance, had the most of amount of compliments from men asking 'what are you wearing' than any other perfume.

RGR
RGR

I would have never thought I would own a bottle of this perfume. I absolutely love this "new" rose scent. It comes on quite sharp in the first stage but transforms into this lovely rose and fruit fragrance. And then the amber appears and sets in with some flowery friends and refuses to leave. I am so happy with this dry down since I love amber.
The early stages of Stella remind me of a strong rose soap that dries down to amber. Some stages remind me of drinking freshly squeezed orange juice.

It is simply fresh, tasteful and lovely. This is a classy, modern, young lady. Gran daughter of some other very classy old lady that used to wear rose scented perfume all the time. I wear this to formal events and social gatherings because it stands on its own, you will not be compared to any other scent in the crowd.
This is fresh, chic and all lady.

apotter
apotter

my absolute favourite it feels like my own personal perfume its very me its my feel good perfume i always get complimented on this one and friends have asked what it is ive stocked piled this one,if its on offer anywhere my purse comes out i can't resist i've not come across any other perfume that can knock this off my number 1 spot i hope this never goes out of production.

rfh
rfh

If you are kind of person who loves roses then its a must have..its a garden full of sweet pink and red roses not overpowering though,making a gorgeous floral bouquet i never had but smelled it on a friend, tested it on my skin and absolutely love it and wanna buy one soon

n.hidayah

I just repurchased it after being away from it for so many years. It used to be my everyday fragrance, i loved it so much till i gave it away to my bf (now an ex).Now we broke up, its a tragedy, i didnt even wanna remember the smell, i was trying as hard as could to get rid of any rose scent tht smells alike. But now i have totally forgot my sad past, i am ready to put it in my collection again. I bought the biggest bottle. (I guess the 30mls one is much cuter). Thank god it does no longer remind me of my past, it smells very close to the bodyshop morrocon rose which is quite a bit synthetic. However i just used to for few sprays after my night shower. And im planning to wear it to office tomorrow morning. Lets see how its gonna react to my body chemistry :-)

incandescent
incandescent

This is a beautiful succulent, velvety rose, scenting the crisp night air. Not a powdery rose, it's smooth, clean yet refreshing. Just abit dark and moody, and I agree it has that touch of vintage while being modern, romantic and young. I personally prefer a more watery green rose (like Crabtree & Evelyn's), but this is for those who want a a slightly darker and more sophisticated twist to a fresh, clean rose. Versatile for all seasons.

JUST FOR FUN: This scent is so fitting for the CANCER girl as a day-to-day scent, keeping in mind her appreciation for all things retro/vintage and romantic.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

It's very rosy, but not in a clear Bvlgari Rose Essentielle kind of way--it's darker. It would be lovely if it had more staying power, but it's hard to have a date fragrance that doesn't last as long as the date does. I've only tried it on bare skin, though, so I don't know how it would last layered with lotion. My skin tends to eat perfume. Aside from the staying power, the one thing I would change is the base, which smells like whatever it was that my great-grandmother used to wear. I wonder if it's an issue between my skin chemistry and the amber.

irynn2003
irynn2003

Absolutely gorgeous, one of my favourites, sweet and bitter, dark, luscious smell. It stays in my hair all day long, love it, love it. Thank you, monsieur Cavallier (also bought it as a special offer, nearly half price for 100ml)

love00sh
love00sh

Ugh.. why did I buy this without sniffing? (Again?!) My friend really loved it and so did my sister.. but this is just not my cup of tea. Too soapy in the beginning and somehow the rose is very very off... This is going to be on ebay. If anyone wants a full bottle (3.3oz) of this, pm me.

*Sorry guys, this has been sold instantly after I put it on Ebay.

missjof
missjof

Ahhh I just love this perfume so so much, and my boyfriend loves it too!
It has a dominant musky rose smell, but in no way is it the kind of rose smell you would relate to rose hand creams your grandma might wear! It also bears no significance to the rose in turkish delight!
It is just a beautiful, sultry smell, that is also very clean.
I find it lasts a long time on my skin and my clothes - if I spray it on a scarf, I can smell the scent lingering on that scarf for days. I just love it!

nabegum
nabegum

I just loveee this rose scent.. very close to nature and not overpowering at all.It doesn't last though. I get about 3-4 hours on my skin. I wish it was a little muskier.

pisces3774
pisces3774

Though I'm not a huge rose fan - I feel like most rose scents smell antique - I really like this. On my skin, it's a faded rose, with a salty-ambery tinge. I also get a musky drydown. Very warm, very pretty.

Annica
Annica

I have tested this several times now and each time I get the same feeling. It does not fit on the skin . IMO it is a fragrance that you should smell when you come out in a beautiful garden full of lush roses. It is really strange on the skin and very linear. The same smell throughout the fragrance.

cocotaylor01
cocotaylor01

I am not usually big on floral scents but this one I really like. It's very soft and fresh, not granny like or overpowering. It reminds me of a softer Agent Provocateur which i own and love so thumbs up for Stella!

dezaval
dezaval

Very chic. Pink roses and peonies. It lasts for a long time and it's very feminine. A romantic bride should wear it.

prLinchoccy
prLinchoccy

This is good.
When I first tested it, I thought it would be mainly roses - all the way through and that it would be boring because of this. But, I was in for a nice surprise. Every now and again, I kept getting wafts of something warm and smooth - (possibly the amber?) It also revealed a lovely, fresh side to it (peony?).... Anyway, this is obviously a many-faceted perfume.. This is definitely not 'ALL about the roses'.
I can't wait to buy a bottle (when I have enough money ;)

Nadia Albayati
Nadia Albayati

Since im not a huge fan of rose fragrances, i Never thought I'd enjoy this scent as much as I do <3
It's such a beautiful warm realistic portrait of roses..
-------
P.s: it was a blind buy!

magda14012

It is one of the lightmotives in my collection. I adore the beautiful roses in bloom. It is an English rose with a twist, at the same time. Modern and a classic. Love to wear it all year round, however in cool temperatures the amber shows off making it even mor feminine.

app9
app9

I bought it when they released this. I got interested just because Stella is Paul's daughter. But good dang, I fell in love with the perfume. I was maybe 15 or so, and this was so different from all the candyfloss shit my friends and I sported those days. It was sophisticated. Fresh. Warm. Mystical. Dark. It smells like the last roses of summer on a frosty morning. And it really was my signature for a few years. My friends knew it and said the room smells like me and my scarves were identified by the smell of this. What a exceptional perfume. I want to get it again!

The bottle is great, too. Wonderful, antique-y design.

sparris
sparris

Been wearing this since its release and it's the closest I have to a signature scent. Love how it's so cool, it's like sneaking out into the garden in the summer, after dark where the white peonies are releasing their scent into the night air.

That's what it reminds me of the most, cool night air.
The rose kicks in after a little while but stays dewy and refreshing, never ventures into the dusty, powdery cheapo smells I dislike so.
Stella is a fresh rose, still on the bough.

heybritney
heybritney

I've had the little purse-sized roll-on in this for awhile. When I first tried this, I found it a bit much: maybe too floral, too dark. But coming back to it, I like it quite a bit more: it's floral, but the amber sweetens it up just a touch, though not sickly-sweet. I find it similar to Miss Charming, there's something fresh and light about it that stays with the perfume the entire time, with just a touch of sweetness that I enjoy.

Tayloreliza32
Tayloreliza32

I didn't know how I quite felt about this fragrance when I first put in on my skin. Thinking about this fragrance, I realized that it's not something I would usually be drawn too, but OH. MY. GOD.
I officially love this perfume. I think its safe to say its gonna be one of my favorites. Its dark, potent, and oh so sensual with a hint of tang from the mandarin orange. Lovely, beautiful scent.
I love it.

luiflor
luiflor

This fragrance never seems to grow old.
I have been wearing this perfume through out high school and i continue to love it.
This perfume tends to smell different from person to person.
I receive compliments about the way i smell all the time. I think Stella works best with my body chemistry, the smell lingers and changes through out the day so it never bores me. Rose absolute smelled amazing but both rose absolute and stella in two peony weren't able to linger as much as i would have liked. stella in two peony work best with my friend, the peppery/floral smell works with her personality and lasts longer with her body chemistry.

the small jewel size fits perfect in my purse as well as my personality

I just bought the stella shower oil and was disappointed. it had a strange almost powder smell to it and didnt last as long as i'd hoped. like 2-3hrs.
I did buy it off ebay so who know i might of gotten jipped!!

muskymoi
muskymoi

I'm wishing the amber note (I adore amber) was a little more potent/fulsome to tone down the rose. It's been a bad rose week for me, perfume-wise. On goes my holy-grailesque search for a Rose perfume that suits me.

Giving Stella a second chance. Hoping it will grow on me. yep. she grew on me. I got myself a 100 ml bottle that I got in exchange for one bottle of something I returned. So, i guess I'm in the Stella club now...

Update: Nope. Just couldn't make Stella work for me. It's a like and I prefer my money to go towards unbelievable love that fills me with elation when I wear it. Stella doesn't deliver that.

Update 2: You know that friend from high school that hangs about with you and listens and is, like, your best guy friend ever. But you don't think of him "that way" and while you feel bad about it, and you know he lurves you, you keep it platonic forever and ever and a day. Until you see him on FB and you think, "damn, he foyne." Stella did that to me. She grew on me because I grew up a little; meaning that, just because it's not niche, and lots of women love it and wear it, doesn't mean I should avoid it for those reasons. Yeah. Growing up. So, Stella is great; it really is and I will, at some point before 2013, buy the 1oz bottle.

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

I'm so glad I sampled this before buying a whole bottle. I can't believe it's so popular (that's gotta be the smallest 'dislike' bar I have seen here!)! It's not that I don't like rose perfumes- Rose Essentielle by Bvlgari is a rose perfume I adore. This one just smells overly synthetic and unpleasant! I can see why some people are complaining of headaches.

If something goes drastically well as I wait (im)patiently for it to settle, I shall update.

cute.love.girl
cute.love.girl

my top favorite perfume

Shimone
Shimone

When applied,the initial burst of "ROSE" is very unpleasant....once Stella settles it is simply BEAUTIFUL!!!

Platinum_girly
Platinum_girly

This is actually one of the worst perfumes that i have ever had the dis-pleasure of owning. My mother bought it me as a gift and every single time that i wore it i ended up with a stonking headache. In the end i gave it to charity, i couldn't even stand it being in the house. I wish i knew what it was about this perfume that gave me such a strong reaction so i could avoid it at all costs in the future.

Kittenbug
Kittenbug

I've always wanted to have a "rose" scent, despite not being a rose fan, as the scent usually gives me a headache. I got this in a rollerball, and it's an easy-to-wear, light rose, while the rose is the first thing that hits you. The dry-down had me resniffing my wrists since it's soft and nice. I recommend it for a novice, rose wearer. (Though, I don't reach for this often.)

one_girl_rev
one_girl_rev

This scent is amazing. It's a romantic rose and deep amber scent, they blend together to create a rich perfume that can seriously transform an evening. It also has great lasting power lasting on me and my clothes all day. It has a Fall or evening feel to it but it's pretty enough to wear lightly anytime.

aromajunkie
aromajunkie

This scent changed the entire direction of my fragrance evolution. I first encountered on an acquaintance I found to be one of the most sensual, glamorous, beautiful and elegant people I'd ever met, so right away it had that association for me. I had spent my entire life thinking I HATED roses! Any other rose scent I'd ever smelled reeked of those atrocious scented maxi-pads!!! But THIS, this beautiful, deep, silken, velvety rose...standing alone, waiting for any and all to drink in its sensuality...this changed my mind! I immediately bought a full bottle and couldn't (and still can't) stop just grabbing it and popping the cap off and taking a huge whiff of it, each time letting out a sigh of delicious pleasure. My only complaint (other than the price tag) is the staying power: next to NONE. This is an enormous pet peeve for me. Thats the only reason I would consider not repurchasing this jewel. But I think I might just do it anyway, its so "me" now. And since Stella opened my eyes to the beauty and luxury of a TRUE rose aroma, I have finally found my scent niche. I am the happy owner of almost 10 rose-based perfumes now, several of them semi-soliflores. My top 5 on this site includes 3 of my rose-based scents, Stella, Issey Miyake L'eau D'Issey eau Florale, and Givenchy Very Irresistible L'Intense. After long periods of attachment to many other fragrances, I am finally able to (happily) let many of them go in favor of following my gorgeous rose scents. I am getting quite a lot of them and yet I keep looking for more. Call me old-fashioned, call me grandma (hardly, I'm 28), call me stuffy, whatever! When I'm wearing Stella, I call me "amazing".

lickthetins
lickthetins

if this is rose, it's a modern & multidimensional one. I first smelled it on a girlfriend, and did not think "rose." The layers beguiled me - I'd smell floral notes initially, and then a warmth underneath if she flipped her hair - could never identify the dominant note. The packaging matches the concept - purple, enigmatic, cold, aristocratic. You can't wear it with jeans. It is against the law.

hbomb9410
hbomb9410

This was my signature scent for several years before a friend stole it from me (how dare she!), leaving me without a signature to this day. I'd always loved burying my nose in the heart of big rose blossoms, so as a young perfumista I couldn't understand why all "rose" fragrances smelled more like my Mee-maw than that delicious flower.

I first caught a whiff of Stella in a magazine ad, and I fell in love immediately. Stella smells exactly the way I expected all other rose fragrances to smell--like an actual rose, fully opened and almost overripe. The mandarin and the amber erase any traces of powder and stale potpourri common to other rose fragrances. I drove several boyfriends crazy with Stella. Wonderful staying power and sillage, as my friends could sense my presence at a party or on a crowded train before seeing me.

I may return to Stella someday, when my traitor friend finishes her bottle. Until then, I'm left to occasionally smell the cap of my empty bottle and reminisce.

Migalex
Migalex

Amazing rosey scent. I really like it. It is too faint though.

emeges
emeges

I have this and i barely use it, i find it boring. flat, nothing special. i have the 1.6 oz and i´ve used a little bit more than half of it. will be happy to do a swap.
Tengo este y casi no lo uso, me aburrió rapido. Lo encuentro apagado, nada especial. Tengo la botella de 1,6 oz. He usado un poco mas de la mitad. Me encantaria intercambiarlo, Estoy en Venezuela.

miss_mandarin

this rose scent is sooo unique and modern. Diff from the other "CHEAP" and sweet rose, this one smells so nice and sexy. The Stella McCartney collection smells similar and I decided to go for the most signature one! I got myself a 30ml one and the design of the bottle is JUST too special and pretty. Way better than the big one, go check that out in stores! :)

sunnyshine

I bought it just a treat to my self- turns out to be hideous, sour, ugly.

HilaryAppleFace
HilaryAppleFace

Stella is a fragrance that is easy to wear, but difficult to describe. It is warm and inviting to some, and sexy and seductive to others.

Stella opens with a very green peony. The peony stays for a while until a dark, mysterious rose creeps through. The rose is supported by a woody element which keeps it from being a typical, squeaky clean rose.

Overall, Stella is no pretty, pink English rose garden... She is a bewitching, gothic rose. The rose from Stella will put a spell on you and you'll want to come back for more.

sweetiepea161616

I've always kinda liked the smell of rose. Not "old lady" rose, but I remember smelling rose water as a kid and liking the scent. Anyways, I ran across this before I was even "into" perfumes. I don't even know why I picked it. I would throw the rollerball in my purse at night and I began using it before I hit the town. There was something so sexy about it. I just couldn't get enough. My husband thought it was sexy too. I love that the rose is prominent, yet this perfume is young enough for any audience. Like Whit, I am a gourmand lover and almost all my perfumes are sugary sweet. But even though this perfume is not sweet at all, there is something about this one I can't get enough of. I can't get it off my mind! I still have that lonely rollerball but I wish I had a full bottle! It's just exquisite!

Whit
Whit

Okies, I love the smell of roses and this does smell nice, but I'm not sure it's for me. I'm not a big floral lover anyway, so I'm still on the fence as to whether or not to keep it. Upon first application, it smells like fresh roses, then it does something weird with my skin, but it doesn't last very long in that phase. The dry down on me is still rose, but I can pick up small nuances of amber, which brings me to my next point; I get a "dirty" rose smell, if that makes sense. It's like I smell dirt mixed in with the rose, which is weird to say the least. I'm going to give it another chance, but I don't know if I can keep it with all the weirdness it's doing with my skin. I'm thinking maybe I should just stick with my gourmands and woodsy-orientals and leave the floral stuff alone.

patrick-fragrancelover
patrick-fragrancelover

Although I personally do not own this fragrance, my friend and I were out choosing some perfume and we came across this. My friend love's rose scents so she sprayed this on. Immediately you could smell an INCREDIBLE fresh rose scent. Not a typical powdery rose, but the scent of freshly cut (or still on their bushes) roses. Stunning. Although this is not a review, I thought I would send this out. And also, my friend purchased the EDT, which we both preferred and agreed that it was a much more fresh scent. Love it, my friend has worn it everyday. Try it!

rosemary
rosemary

Normally, I am not too fond of rose fragrances, however, this scent went on beautifully. And because it is not overpowering, this is perfect for day wear and office wear. After a few minutes, you will find that you can longer smell the scent but don't let that fool you into dowsing yourself with more of this sophisticated yet carefree concoction. Two-three sprays is more than enough to draw attention; people will stop and ask what is it that makes you smell so fresh and beautiful!

Kamaty
Kamaty

Love...this is absolute lovely...usualy i don't like rose fragrances but Stella is young,beautifull,crisp rose.
Is a deep in a rose bouquet wrap with amber.
On my skin after 2 hours is creamy and little sweet,wonderfull.
Stays on all day but close to skin.Is not a loud perfume,is classy and comfort.
Up to my favorites!!

misslovely
misslovely

All I can say is WOW. Im in love with this fragrance, it quickly moved up to my favorites. It is not a very heavy rose scent or headache inducing, it is very soft and fresh,due to the orange note. It is not complicated, it is a very simple scent. Sometimes less is more. I consider it romantic and seductive. It is soft and gentle but leaves you wanting more.

chain
chain

I love this fume,don't have a rose garden,but l must presume this is how one smells like,nicely done.

EmyPlante
EmyPlante

I've fallen for this fragrance! I treated myself to a 30ml EDP of Stella a couple of days ago and I'm blown away, this is SUCH a yummy scent. The predominant rose note reminds me of Turkish Delight, delicious! It's also got a dash of citrus and a certain sweetness that is almost honey-like, making it all the more pleasant!

It's not the longest lasting perfume I've had but it DOES last a while, about 4 hours on me. To be honest, I'd rather have a fragrance that I appreciate and have to reapply one or two times during the day rather than having some pungent old ladyish type of perfume that will last for hours on end.

In other words : yummy, fresh, sweet, sophisticated, classy and mature in an absolute NON old lady way!

Will DEFINITELY purchase again! =D <3

sunnyshine

My best friend wears it fanatically but all I smell is something sour.

heatherine
heatherine

I love this scent, it's very romantic and I don't find it old-lady-ish at all. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't last very long, on me anyway, only about 3-4 hours. I wish it lasted all day, as I truly love the way it smells on me!

kkw80
kkw80

I like this a lot. A a very competent modern, stylish rose without a hint of sweetness. On me this stays fairly close to the skin. It lasts a good while, although becomes more of a dry white floral in the end. Perfect for business meetings.

pum.ohse
pum.ohse

Nice but don't last long. Also I find this perfume perfect for those old elegant womans that don't like really strong scents.

cp326
cp326

First off, I have an extremely sensitive (or completely different from everyone else) sense of smell. If I'm smelling different perfumes at a department store, 9 times out of 10 I will find the scent to be "old ladyish". I think Hypnotic Poison, for example, smells awful - especially on me. Yet most people seem to really like it so who knows. I have a feeling my skin chemistry does not work well with many perfumes, but Stella is a definite example of one perfume that DOES work once on me. I went to get my eyebrows threaded one day and as I went to sit, the woman commented on how nice I smelled. I've honestly never had that happen to me before when wearing a perfume so I thought it was quite a big deal. Now, I don't like rose (usually). For example, Crabtree and Evelyn's rose scent smells awful and old ladyish to me. That's why the fact I love Stella sort of throws me for a loop. It could be because, while it does definitly smell like rose, there is something deeper to it. Now, I'm not going to throw around "perfume words" like amber and musk because I seriously have no idea what makes this perfume unique from any other rose scent. All I know is that it is a comforting scent and very seductive. Now men may think it smells awful for all I know (I think they have an opposite sense of smell than women do), but I know I feel "seductive" when I'm wearing it so that's all that matters to me. It is a very long lasting perfume, so I disagree with others who say they need to reapply. This could be because they like to smell very strongly of perfume - I do not however. I would actually consider this strong for me. Which goes to show just how pungent I think all the other perfumes on the market are if Stella is my version of strong. I'm young, and to me this is a different sort of scent for a twenty-something year old girl. I think this suits my personality though, because I love the forties and a lot of things from the past that most girls today have no idea about. Therefore, for the 1st time I think I found a scent that defines me personally. All I can say is, go try it for yourself and decide whether or not YOU like it. Everyone is different. Don't use other's opinions because hey...you might be like me and think that every perfume others make a big hype about, simply put, stinks.

Salis74
Salis74

This fragrance is by far the worst I have experienced. Not sure if I am allergic to some of its ingredients, but I had to ask my co-worker to not use it anymore, as the made me terribly sick. I had problems breathing when someone around me was wearing this fragrance. The worst of the worst.

lqjlqjlqj
lqjlqjlqj

Is it just me or not? I do like Stella, but after about 5-6 hours it will always turn into a sour and sweaty smell, a little bit like body odor. I feel so sorry because I really love how it smells for the first few hours. Is there a similar perfume (maybe another Stella McCartney) with a different dry-down that might work for me?

cheeky_lollipop
cheeky_lollipop

i'm a partial fruity and partial rosie fragrance fan anf i must say i adore adore adore the smell of this on my skin... it speaks of sophisticated character and feminine grace with a tinge of seduction... definitely not the kind of granny perfume you would ecpect from some of rosie type fragrance... sillage is ok, got many compliments on it but the sad downpart of this is that the scent simply dissapear less than 3-4 hours after spraying... why oh why?

flozza36
flozza36

I bought this perfume the other day and i ABSOLUTELY love it! As soon as i put it on i felt like i'd transformed into someone else and i t automatically became a 'part of me'

One thing i loved about this perfume is that i could constantly smell it on my myself through the day!

The ONLY thing that i DON'T like about this perfume is that it didn't stay on as long and not many people could smell it on me. :(

(i might consider buying the shower gel and body lotion if they exist)

SnowFleur
SnowFleur

Beautiful rose perfume!!!!
I love everything about this perfume EXCEPT the fact that it does not last on me at all :o(

On the bright side during my search for a similar fragrance I was lead to Coco Chanel Madamoiselle. Not really related but they seem to share a similar sweet creamy note. I like this so long as I can spray myself frequently!

Peachply
Peachply

I LOVE this scent, it is a go to for me. I love rose yet have a hard time finding a rose based scent I can realistically wear and this works beautifully. I also had Rose Cardin years back and this is it's runner up.

A clean, clear rose scent that has a 'vibrant' quality it has a pulse. Very pleasant and crisp. Noticeably wonderful if you love rose but don't want to smell like Tea Rose.
I find it surprisingly neutral as well and easy to wear anytime.

LOVE IT!

mimi.smell
mimi.smell

Very interesting sharp fresh rosy fragrance, strong and long lasting. I find it captivating, with cold elegance and extrem femininity.

But I can understand your oposite opinions down here, because I find out, that Stella has many faces - depends on skin chemistry and specially on temperature! The final outcome of this perfume could be captiving and conteporary fresh, but sometimes it could work very sharp, cold and sour. I don't have special recipe, but luckily it smells gorgeous on me. Obviously I choose the right time to wear it and of course it goes well with my body chemistry.
Even if I don't wear it a lot, I really love this perfume!

Giselle Viz
Giselle Viz

To me it is just "O.K." The citrus and rose scent is a bit too much for me. I felt like scrubbing it off after 30 minutes.

kittymoon
kittymoon

Ladies, please stop suggesting the different packaging or bottles of the identical scent so we can identify real DUPES.
Smell on! ;)

missymary
missymary

I'm not a fan of rose perfumes and I knew before I tried that Stella is a rose. And boy oh boy is it rose! So far not good for me.

I waited hopefully for the dark sexy stuff to kick in and redeem it, but nope, it went on and on being a big rose. I got none of the amber and all that. It was linear.

Stella must be heaven for rose lovers,and the opposite for those like me who only go with rose if there is a good compelling secondary interest. I think that rose should always have something else like aldehyde, or jasmine,to lift it. Soliflores sadly just bore me, unless they are tuberose, but that's another story.

Meh, this is probably the most boring rose perfume I've smelled in a long time. One of the plainest rose scents on the market. I've smelled roses like this 100 times over the course of my life, but usually it was a Rose EDT from Caswell-Massey or Crabtree & Evelyn...and frankly, Crabtree & Evelyn's rose smells cleaner, more realistic, fresher. If you love roses and want a truly magnificent perfume, check out: Chloe Intense, Annick Goutal Ce Soir or Jamais, or maybe even Bond No. 9 West Side.

aschiffm
aschiffm

This perfume smells like warm thick creamy roses. They smell natural and freshly cut. There's also that rose/peony combo that I really like but I think it's more uniquely done in a perfume like Chloe that has that interesting lyche fruit thrown in. I like my roses and my perfumes with a little extra surprise which im not finding in Stella. Stella is nice.. But bland. One thing that I do like about Stella is that I can say its not a cheap rose, its natural.

This reminded me a little of Escada's musky rose ambrette seed perfume "Especially Escada". I prefer Escada ! Check it out if you like this one, Escada is more clear sparkly energetic rose, more wild if that's what you want like I do!

abigail5328
abigail5328

Fresh, elegant, modern, romantic, sophisticated, delicate, feminine fragrance!
Stella is not a harsh chemical rose but a pure soft rose freshly picked from the garden beautifully combined with amber, and with the mandarin orange giving it a fresh twist! Perfectly balanced!
This is not an old lady/grandmother rose, nor is it a girly rose but a modern tasteful rose for the mature sophisticated women.
Stella is not a powdery, soapy rose fragrance and neither is it cloying or heavy.
The concept behind the fragrance is the contrast between the freshness and softness of rose, and the dark sensuality of amber.
If you love rose scented perfumes then I highly recommend trying Stella.
Can be worn any season!
This scent is beautifully created and comes in a beautiful stylish bottle!

This one has gone out of distribution in Italy! Apparently, according to L'Orèal management, it didn't sell well enough! Is that possible? I mean... so many cheap-smelling and run-of-mill still being thrown on shelves and a fabulous rose-based perfume gone?
Strange market rules...
I love it and I'm not the only one.
I have a big FB and will probably try to get it again.

WhiteCity
WhiteCity

This is marvellous!the best rose sent ever.its like a pure 100% rose extract.And although is blended with amber ,which makes it rich and slightly velvety ,its still fresh and airy.With a bit of citrus at the begining and a musky drydown.A masterpiece.Good job Stella!

Aspendina
Aspendina

a friend said this smelled like rose and I am looking for a good rose scent. This is rose all the way from beginning to end I love it but it is kinda heavy and kinda headache inducing so I am debating on keeping it on my list, I really like it but alot of u are saying it smells like TBS Moroccan Rose so I am gonna give that a try too and see if its the same and if its headache inducing. This so lovely, but damn the headache!

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

This is an interesting fragrance, as it is almost entirely rose. The thing about rose perfumes is that the combining notes either support the rose fragrance, or corrupt it. Too many times, designers add berry notes or patchouli, which can sour the rose. Stella sticks to the essential flavor. This is a ROSE perfume! It is old fashioned and simple, yet, somehow, not monotonous. The slight presence of a citrus note combined with the illusive peony gives this rose perfume a distinctly Asian quality, which is something I love. If you are looking for something modern and fresh, however, steer clear: this IS something your grandmother would love... but only if she has excellent taste, of course. :)

Perhaps the most important thing about this perfume is that it is by Stella McCartney. She is the ONLY designer who does not test on animals AND does not use fur or leather. Her parent company is L'Oreal, which I've been given to understand is going completely cruelty-free this coming year. Just more reasons to love this perfume. :)

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A balanced, lovely, pretty, fresh fragrance for all ages, but it lacks projection and longevity..

I applied 6 heavy sprays..

0- 1 hour - Approx 4 foot projection, good. This is such a balanced scent- it is floral but not heavy or cloying, it has moments of young, mid-age and maturity, it is laid back, fresh and simply done, yet still interesting and thoughtful, it is sensous and alluring also..it really is lovely

1 hour -2 hours - 3 inch projection. This is a linear scent, but why change when you are so nice?

2 hours - 3 hours - 2 inch projection. Very subtle projection

3 hours - 4 hours - 1 inch projection. I have to smell near where I sprayed to get a whiff, but I am constantly wanting to smell it.

4 - 6 hours - Close to skin then all gone, what a pity

I recommend spraying closest to your nose e.g. neck and let the lovely laid back pretty smell waft upwards.

Perhaps this is one which you will like for a long time, and it will resist becoming booring?

I just wish it would stay around. This is more EDT than EDP, shame..

Jellybean
Jellybean

What a lovely rose and peony duo! I find this perfume overall to be classified as herbal floral. I don't think that citrus contributes to the herbal part; yes there's some citrus there but there's definitely rosemary and/or lavender involved too. Absolutely fell in love with this one. So fresh and clean, just can't get enough of it!
It dries down to a soft honey rose scent, and to top that it has silage and some 12+ hours:P Great job Stella for creating Stella. Impressive! I am looking forward to testing out some more Stella Mc's creations.

sweetiepea161616

This is definitely not "old lady rose" like your grandma might wear. This is well balanced, feminine, flirty, and seductive. It can be worn day or night, which I like. I have loved this scent for about 4 years. I have a rollerball that I keep in my purse when I want a little extra scent! This scent is very ladylike.

chemmart
chemmart

this was my wedding perfume. absolutely love it. i smell alot of citrus which turns soft and floral.

mlrizzo
mlrizzo

The first time I ever smelled this fragrance I was immediately transported back to my childhood. It's actually amazing how much of a powerful effect it had on me, I just could not stop exclaiming how nostalgic it made me feel. I smell the peony in this much more strongly than the rose, but I think that is a wonderful aspect to it. I like peony as a floral scent much better and there is something in it that makes it a bit peppery and sexy. It's sexy but in the most refined way possible. Very feminine and very womanly.

mamasgotguns
mamasgotguns

Beautiful fragrance. My hubby hates rose because it reminds him of old church ladies, so alas, I will not buy.

It smells exactly like 1842 Rose Alba from Anthrpologie. Vintage smell, but didn't smell old lady to me at all.

kris919
kris919

fragrant rose in the foreground and amber in the background. that's all I get, and thats why I like it. It's really nice and I love the bottle.

hpvg
hpvg

I use the roller ball for this one and layer the lighter Stella nude over top of this. Very nice because you get the depth, but also a lot of "freshness"

cottonpop

this is such a sexy scent, very strong but beautiful, love the amber note. Not a traditional rose scent but oh so sexy!

nilizio
nilizio

This perfume is amazing. His smell has a special character but at the same time - the smell blends beautifully with my body chemistry.
Special smelling perfumes usually declare: "I am here" and they have their own existence, without connection to the body carries them.
But this perfume has all the advantages: special smell of the divine rose and the ability to mingle with body odor.
Last month, I was privileged to open another new bottle of Stella McCartney - fourth bottle!
HUGE LIKE !!

the sun
the sun

Ok!I have several perfumes in my wardrobe,but I can see my self,that all the time I'm reaching for this little jam of Stella by Stella McCartney.What a beautiful scent.Even I don't like so much rose scented parfumes,they are ok,but this one a mystery for me.Very well constructed rose.At first spray a bit sharp,but after about two hours,when apearing amber it's pretty.I'm feeling so good and safe when wearing it.This Stella parfume has a clean smell without dirtiness.Oh!and staying power amazing,about ten hours on my skin.A masterpiese!I hope that I found my signature scent.

stacia79
stacia79

Stella is a must have for rose lovers. I find that there is enough bright peony in Stella to keep the roses crisp and green smelling. The perfect fragrance for a neo Victorian. This is a girl who may be a bit old fashioned to today's worldview, but those who know her admire her intelligence and integrity.

To me, I feel like Stella is too proper to be my everyday scent, but a little bit is perfect for situations where I want to appear feminine yet very serious.

movs
movs

Luscious vintage roses, with heavy heads and petals soft as silk. This perfume is for rose lovers of any ages.
Stella is a fresh and uplifting green rose scent on a base of amber. Something in this composition brings out a note of tea that really suits this perfume.
It’s a timeless fragrance and to me almost resembles the chic style of Audrey Hepburn. It’s feminine, charming and uncomplicated.

Maybe it’s a question of chemistry but Stella acts very strange on my skin. It’s very volatile, and I can hardly smell it, if I sniff my wrist shortly after I’ve sprayed. But then again, I get a waft of roses every time I move.

Stella is a very versatile perfume and I think that only a few people would really dislike it. If you love the scent of fresh roses from the garden represented in a vintage chic way, this fragrance is for you.

In 3 words: ROSE – FEMININE - VERSATILE

Got it! the fb 100ml! Stella is truly a rose beauty! I so wanted to have a bottle of this for quite a long time but it has become a nightmare to find here in Italy.
Last w-e I went up in the mountains in a town close to Switzerland where they have tax-free duty shops and I bought it for about 30% less!
Actually my lovely boyfriend bought me a fb! What a sweet gift from him! I also bought Idylle for myself! So now I'm proud owner of two new fragrances I love and I use them alternatively.
I wear Stella more on days when amber comes out more, at least to my nose. After many years from first release and now with the new one coming soon, Stella keeps a place on its own, because it's both simple and refined. Rose & amber may seem banal, but it's not in this case.
The rose is not old-fashioned. It comes out as a fresh cut rose with a zest of peony. No stale dried rose.
The amber is feminine, soft, seductive but tamed and it doesn't smell like so many cheap ambery scents where amber note becomes a punch of soap in your nose!
Stella is all about balance, easy elegance and feminity! A winner!
BTW my bf likes this one on me! Double winner :-)

sherly89
sherly89

This perfume is just amazing as it can be...I m in lurve .... so delicate, elegant.. the first sniff has blown me to heaven.... definitely will purchase.... =)

jtchawaii
jtchawaii

Love love love this perfume! Not old lady like scent but just smooth and comfortable rose. Grateful and beautiful!

beauty08
beauty08

I love rose scented perfume. It smells like an old fashioned rose perfume with a slight new age twist. Can be over powering for me if I spray too much.

n.hidayah

I love this fragrance, it used to be my signatures, however i gave the bottle to my boyfriend hoping tht it would remind him of me whenver we are away from each other and i would buy a new bottle for myself. Unfortunately it has been discontinued in my place even in the capital city. I missed its smell.

Nikitha
Nikitha

such a lovely perfume!
This is definitely powdery yet rosy and not in a cheap air freshner way. The citrus and amber comes through after 10 15 minutes. Its a very soft fragrance that stays close to you. makes you feel lovely in the winter.
The only teeny tiny negative is that it does not seem to last too long on me that I can smell it, But others are definitely it on me. Already got 4 complements in 5 days : ) quite happy with this purchase!!!

Trinity
Trinity

Got this perfume today - sprayed a little and left the house - after only 5 minutes got my first compliment from a man! He loved it so much and he got really excited about the smell!

What can I say: This one is a winner! :-)

Update: The more I wear it the more I love it! Simply beautiful :-)

Aqua218
Aqua218

I got a sample of this last night and am wearing it today. It's an inoffensive sour rose and peony scent - very fresh. Ideal to wear to a garden wedding or similar event....you will not offend anyone wearing this. Pretty, light and feminine.

nikkic78
nikkic78

I love everything about this perfume. I love the color of the bottle and the simple romance of the scent. I purchased a set of four rollerballs after I took a quiz and it suggested Stella to me. I also found out it is/was the signature scent of one of my favorite bloggers.
It really was love a first sniff. I walked around in a purple rose haze. I get the citrus rose peony mix right away. It's a pretty big sweet peony. Then the rose and peony come out on my skin while the amber is in the background. The rose to me is green and fresh. It gently lingers throughout the day. After 10 hours I have a lovely rose amber trail. I wore this everyday for months, I found it very romantic and I just felt loving while wearing it.
Anyway, I loved it so much I wanted my sisters to know what my current obsession was, so I gave two rollerballs to them. After awhile I started to feel like the scent didn't last as long so I bought the lotion to layer with. I got lots of compliments including my mother-in-law so there goes rollerball number four.
After awhile I started reaching for it less and less, although when I do, it lasts all day now. I chalk up the disappearing act to olfactory fatigue. I wear it when subtle, romantic, beautiful, simple is in order. I will ALWAYS have a rollerball in my arsenal (maybe even a FB next time).

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

Lots of people say they like a rose scent for the Spring and Summer, but let me tell you, this is the scent I love to wear most in the Winter. The fragrance deepens in the winter, has almost a plummy quality to it in the cold air. Another scent that works well in the cold crisp air is Givenchy Very Irresistible Electric Rose. I will save that for another review.

Stella is my dark, december rose. The bottle makes you think of a dark purple rose, blooming above the cold gray ground, and releasing a powerful scent into the air, all the while looking so exotic and...rare. I have a craving for roses at that time of year for some reason, and this is the perfect scent for this craving. It makes me think of a gothic cathedral with dark roses on its windowsills and beautiful women in ball gowns wafting through singing. What I am trying to get at is that the atmosphere could be similar to the video commercial for Dior's midnight poison- that is the type of experience I like to imagine. Dior's ad for midnight poison changed the way I even think about perfumes, it is so mysterious and interesting! (watch it...now) Stella, and Midnight Poison are both rose-based perfumes, and I love them both.

Every single time I wear this perfume I get complimented. It's just that good. And the scent is very therapeutic. It is so calming for me that I sometimes spray at the nape of my neck as I lie down to sleep. So many other fragrances I have do not get me the attention that this does. And I think it's because of the way this scent is naturally constructed to work with one's body chemistry.

Biliana

I just love it and find it shameful it can't be found in Milan! If I gotta go to London for it, then I will!

SPHINX
SPHINX

Beautiful long lasting fragrance that had a unique smell (when I wore it many years ago) got loads of compliments and even wore it on my wedding day. The rose notes are really special, soft yet full, its smokey and spicy but not overindulgent. Its a really gorgeous smell but way too popular and hardly a day goes by without me smelling it on someone.

username123
username123

Clean and classy. Very simple and straightforward, yet says it all.

talnyc
talnyc

I remember when this first came out several years ago and I was happy that finally a rose fragrance was created that I could wear without offending my sinus and bringing on my allergies. When I wore it, I always received compliments. I LOVED the fragrance, but since Stella came out, there are so many others that are similar to this one that I never went back to it. For me, this fragrance has become too mainstream.

alassouli
alassouli

Modern rose in a bottle. Just love it <3 . I am on my 3rd bottle. My top 3 Perfumes: Hot Couture EDT , Stella McCartney EDP, Sexy 212.

Soon or later, when I'll have more money I will buy a small bottle of original Stella to have around, because at least 1-2 per year I want to wear it and smell it! It happens a lot in fall, when I crave for a good rose and Stella is a very good rose without the stale and powder. It'a very modern rose and the whole composition with amber screams "woman" to me!
Both elegant, natural and seductive!
The problem is that it doesn't smell the same everyday! One day I smell the rose, one other day I smell amber and a third day I smell only a lemony zest! It's quite chamaleontic! It's also too close to the skin and faint.
Maybe this is what kept me to buy and make a signature of mine for years. A real soft, romantic yet sexy and modern beauty in any case.

LeaB
LeaB

I love this fragrance!! It's roses - young, fresh and sweet, and then has hints of rose-soap. As it dries, it becomes alluring and grown-up. I get alot of compliments when I wear it! It's sophisticated but not overpowering. I'm on my third bottle in 2yrs!

Tala
Tala

My god. I tried this on 6 hours ago. I must have it. Smoky, spicy, soapy rose. Don't know how else I can describe it. It gets better with time and still after 6 hours on my wrist still going strong. I own Stella Nude and love it. I have not been wearing anything else. I guess if you try the Stella line you can't go back to anything else.

Aredore
Aredore

Stella is triple-milled rose soap of the highest quality in a spray bottle. As such, it's hard to fault anyone for liking it, for who truly dislikes a clean smelling person? As a fragrance - or even a rose fragrance - it's weak. Stella is close-wearing and subtle, but like a mezzo-soprano whose notes are always slightly sharp, there is something shrill and timid about it. There is an ever-so-slight amber warmth in Stella, but as the other basenotes are musks of the detergent variety, it's addition serves only to differentiate it from generic dryer sheets. Stella is not particularly sophisticated, but she's trying really hard!

sandiecourtney
sandiecourtney

I love this perfume.
It's vibrant, alive and is incredibly sexy.
Excellent longevity on my skin and good silage.
Amazing fragrance. I can't believe it was off my radar for so long.
10/10.

julianne35

Can you find these perfume in your countries? I live in Turkey I can not find here..I am travelling a lot in Europe and I can not even find in most of the big duty free shops: like Münich, İstanbul, Frankfurt, Madrid,..Do you know in which duty free shops in EU I can find this?

coolyjen
coolyjen

I heard this is one of the perfumes that alot of men like so I tried it on my jacket and honestly I didn't really like it. A couple months later I wore that jacket (unwashed) and left it in a room. I came back to that room and smelt something soo good and realized it was coming from my jacket. From that moment on, I knew I had to get it.

elisabethgenest
elisabethgenest

I always feel like a sexy gypsy/hippy wearing this one. But what I mostly loooveeee about it is the quality of the ingredients used in this and the beautiful flowery scent of roses that doesnt create to much drama around the perfume wearer. I would describe it as a calm, relaxing, cosy and sexy perfume. I recommend !

belissena
belissena

Compared to Chloe, this is the perfect rose for daytime use. Clean and subtle, but at the same time sensual and inviting...
When I feel more flirty I switch to jhag miss charming, for more depth lady vengeance and for sexy nights...Dior midnight Poison! I currently have a little crush on roses ;-))

Alexandrarae
Alexandrarae

Oh Stella, what memories you have brought back to me! My Nanna used to have a fence full of Black Boy (very deep red, almost black) roses and as a child I would bury my face in them - the fragrance was hypnotic and just so so beautiful. I tested your perfume yesterday and the memories came flooding back. Of course, I had to buy a bottle - the roses mixed with the peony and amber is just stunning. The sample test I put on my wrist and back of my hand were still discernable 12 hours later. This is a masterpiece and am loving it more and more.
Must say that this is not really a "Nanna" perfume, it is much more sophisticated than that - has a smoky sexiness to it as well. Congratulations - such a lovely perfume which I am looking forward to wearing with much pleasure. Alexandrarae South Australia

pinkmuzic
pinkmuzic

I LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! STELLA for this sublime very femine scent. Roses are of course without any dought the major smell in this sublime fragrance. This one i think will be now in my favorite ones :) you really have to love ROSES to love this one :) i DO i DO!
i have in mind the image of a CHIC, RICH, FEMININE & POWEFUL WOMEN in mind when i wear & smell this Stella fragrance. poeny is nice too! i can really see myself wearing this one for a long time :)
staying power is amazing :) last all day on me! & the bottle is simple but yet! SOFISTICATE
OK! I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS ONE :)
THAT'S FOR SURE

twillocks
twillocks

It seems just like a plain ole rose. Nothing special

Ava22
Ava22

Stella I love you for this masterpiece!!! This is such a nice fragrance very sexy feminine and men will ask you what you are wearing.I discover this jewel in Brazil as an exchange student.All the braziliane Barbie dolls girls was wearing this.They told me this perfume attract husbands!!!! They would shower this pefume like it was there last bottle.Everytime men was coming around they will make a quick spray.As American girl it was funny to watch but I learn the power of this fragrance when I got back to the state.It attracts men that want to be loyal to you.Thank you to those braziliane Beauties I now have my long term boyfriend!!!!! Is true what they say braziliane girls are very beautiful and feminine!!!!!! As American girl I learn alot from these women.I think all south american girls love being Feminine and Girlie!! This Fragrance represent that.This Fragrance can be worn at any season anytime of the day.Wear it if you are single and looking for something long term.

dollglam
dollglam

dark and sexy whit a touch of sweet.

very sexy smell my husband gave me this one as a christmas gift.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Very natural, dark and deep scent of tart, almost detergent like smelling peony and rose. My friend calls it graveyard flowers :) The bottle suits it perfectly. Decadent

querelle
querelle

Such a beautiful, truly beautiful perfume.. It feels like those words you whisper to the one you love and then you let the feeling take care of the rest..

Peggspark
Peggspark

A gorgeous rose scent. If you can get it in the pure parfum, please try this before your write it off. Soft, sensual, sexy. A true rose on the skin.

AmbrosiaRose
AmbrosiaRose

This scent is amazing. It is so hard to find a true modern rose scent. They always seem to smell like the perfumes of yore. I am a huge rose scent fan. There is just something sexy and classy about a rose scent.

filleaplumes
filleaplumes

I love this intense rose scent but unfortunately its too strong for my body chemistry. I initially felt this was the case but winged it until my boyfriend also pointed it out. Thus my rollerball remains unused. Instead I turn to my Miss Dior Cherie 2011 that also carries lovely rose and mandarin notes.

This is a lovely rose fragrance that does not smell old fashioned at all. It's fresh, elegant, and romantic, a classic scent.

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

I smelt this and it elicited no feelings what so ever. I do not even think that I smelt anything when I smelt this. It just does not exist to my nose.

janmcm
janmcm

I had a spray of my friends bottle today and think this smells ok...but thats it. Its nice, not unpleasant, maybe just a bit too sweet for me. It reminds me of a Lancome perfume I used to have that I gave away. It smells nice on my friend but doesn't excite me into wanting it for myself.

cdz28
cdz28

This fragrance is very similar to Kate (Kate Moss) but this one lasts longer. It's such a lovely rose fragrance, unlike the Valentino Rock-n-Rose collection which I find the rose is too overpowering. I definitely want this one.

Vamy69
Vamy69

This perfume is lovely. It is the perfect blend of roses and amber. Not too sweet and not too much rose. There is almost something a little fruity about it too. Perfect for summer. It has decent silage as well. I give this one two thumbs way up!

I just want to add that I sprayed this on my arm three times and this perfume lasted over 20 hours on my skin. This is fabulous stuff!!!!!!!

srich
srich

I have just purchased this scent as it had similar notes to my favorite perfume. So far, I really like it! I can see how some would see it as being a mature scent, mainly due to the Amber, but to me it translates as more elegance than age. At first it’s quite strong, but after about half an hour it softens down just enough not to be overpowering, but so I can still smell it on myself (which I love). Great purchase in my opinion.

Jomoves
Jomoves

Do you have a grandmother or elderly mother that uses perfumes that make her smell, well, elderly? Then this is the perfect present to bring her up to perfume speed without pushing her over the edge.

There is something old fashioned yet modern about this. It really is quite lovely. I bought this for my mother and she just loved it - and I've been buying her Vanderbilt for as long as I can remember! Every now and then I would try to sneak a new one in, but this is the only perfume she has ever asked for again - apart from Vanderbilt, of course. The others would all be met with a "It's different" and I would find the bottle practically full in my sister's bathroom about 6 months later!

It also projects nicely, but in a subtle way. We were out shopping one day and a young female sales assistant asked Mum the name of the beautiful scent she was wearing. She even sniffed my mother's wrist and wrote it down!

It's just that sort of fragrance.

lit3_on
lit3_on

mesmering scent & last for 5hours on my skin. May appear strong to few

JohnMc
JohnMc

As a 30-something guy, I have to say this one of the most attractive, alluring and classy scents I have ever had the pleasure of smelling on a woman.

Louw
Louw

Sadly, this is another fragrance that makes me cough and splutter - a cloud of jumbled musk notes with hardly any of the rose showing through. I shall be avoiding this one, I'm afraid.

kgogadget
kgogadget

I love this perfume. It's perfect for spring and fall. I just wish it lasted longer on my skin. I spray it on in the morning, and by noon it's gone.

haileybear
haileybear

First time I tried it on at the department store when shopping with my bff, one spray, and she had to keep an arm length distance away from me the whole afternoon. It is sooo strong. But I loved the pure powdery rose scent, so I didn't care (I was on a rose kick back then). But by the time I got home that day, the scent turned disgustingly acidic and chemically, headache alert!!!

I thought that was probably a one time thing, but I was wrong. I tried it again recently, asked my mom what she thought of the scent. (She's by no means a fragrance expert, but so aren't most of the people I see everyday.) Apparently to her, I smell about 80yo with this scent on, what an insult. If that doesn't repel me from this perfume, 1/2 hour later comes the acidic/chemical "aftertaste" like a bad vodka. Sigh, guess Stella's off my wishlist PERMANENTLY...

Insolent
Insolent

This is the best rose fragrance, it is not sickly, not too powdery and in your face like perhaps Paul Smith Rose is. I am always complimented by men and women when I wear this. I tend to wear it in Winter and Spring daytime or evening for some reason.

huiyt
huiyt

Only smelled it on the sampler but I strongly dislike the overpowering smell of roses.

KateZeGreat
KateZeGreat

I purchased the roll-on on a whim (as I liked a sample I received a few months prior) and applied judiciously...and was assailed with an odd concoction of cedar chips, cloves, and lemon peel - which overwhelms all other olfactory sensations for at least 10 minutes...

Then, the rose starts to unfold: full-blown, spicy, warm, a bit sharp around the edges, but not unpleasantly so - taming the cedar/woodsy notes. A few hours pass and I'm sneakily sniffing my wrists, gleaning the last bits of summer flowers, soft amber, and seawater until it finally gives up the powdery ghost.

Good lasting power, interesting throughout the composition - yet staying true to itself *no surprises*
unlike any other 'fume that I've tried. My go-to Autumnal fragrance.

worood-mohamedia
worood-mohamedia

this one make me feeling better.the rose note here very sharp and it carrys you to the garden full of roses.and it lasts for hours.

ladyoftherings
ladyoftherings

Strictly for rose lovers. There is one note in this perfume : ROSE! It goes on and on and it's nothing but ROSE. You may have gathered that I find it incredibly boring, because I like complex and multi-layered scents, preferably with a hint of either oriental or gourmand. Soliflores are not for me. Stella is a perfect rose soliflor, as pure as Paul Smith Rose, and stronger. Nothing like a real rose of course, but as near as any perfume gets. And after about an hour I'm rushing to the bathroom to scrub that ROSE.

greydove
greydove

It reminded me of something I had smelled from childhood. Maybe it was the combination of rose and amber that I had smelled on women growing up in the 80's. I don't know, but there was something familiar about it... One day in summer I over-sprayed it and went off it. There appeared to be some vetiver in it which I cannot tolerate. After that, I couldn't get back to liking it on me, its still a lovely fragrance, for someone else.

ednafrau
ednafrau

Stella is what Agent Provocateur tried to be (and failed, in my opinion). Gorgeous alchemy between rose and amber, classic yet sensual. In a word: timeless :)

ladymillion123456789
ladymillion123456789

A very classic rosy nice pretty smell in my opinion its the best rose smelling perfume out there Stella McCartney is one of my favorite designers the quality of her designs really shows in her perfume.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Starts out with citrusy, rosy floral notes along with a fairly generic commercial base. Initially there’s a lot of sillage, which gradually fades over the course of the day. The scent stays surprisingly linear, with the rosy floral present all the way through. Stella is a nice, conventional, rose-themed scent that’s long-lasting and inoffensive. It’s not really my cup of tea, but it would be worth trying if you like the scent of roses, but prefer to smell like a typical contemporary fragrance rather than the real thing.

Bethesda
Bethesda

I love this for the fresh subtle fruity opening and powerful burst of sweet natural rose but as others have said, it doesn't last long on my skin either. I still wear it but only when I want a subtle clean skin scent or don't mind reapplying. I wanted a longer lasting rosy scent for this spring so I went for Chloe eau de parfum. The bottle for Stella is absolutely perfect, though, and is probably my favourite of all my perfumes. It seems to be art deco, minimalist and gothic all at the same time - a piece of art. :)

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Lovely rosy smell but rather weak with poor lasting power on me.

Stella is a very nice and wellmade perfume, but for some reason I often step back from it.
I really like it, perhaps don't love it, but there is an annoying feeling in it.
I thought it was because I associated it with a few women I didn't like a few years ago.
Now that those associations are gone I still feel a weird vibe in Stella.
It's a very contrasting fragrance with a beautiful rose, an overpowering zesty peony that gives a cold feeling, then a heavy, warm and slightly close ambery base. Too warm, too contrasting with opening freshness. I still wear it once in a while and everytime I want to know what's that strange vibe I feel. It's an extremely feminine fragrance, almost simple but full of power. It reminds me of Middle Eastern thick oily scents with an open overfeminine sensuality, not strictly sexy but more into feminine chore. I think it's because rose and amber call to feminine nature. Rose as spiritual love and amber as a more carnal smell.
Lasting power is ok. It becomes like an ambery skinscent after a couple of hours on my skin.

dellusionaldreams
dellusionaldreams

I bought this thinking I really liked it, until my partner said it smelled like toilet freshener.

I can't get the idea out of my head now..

aelias
aelias

I am really impressed with the rose in this - it does not smell synthetic at all. Superior to most, though I generally stay away from heavy rose scents...just have to decide whether I want an entire bottle of it...

carolcabbagerose
carolcabbagerose

Romantic. Shy. Gentle. This is how I feel when I wear my Stella. Delicate Roses with a little soft Amber to add a dark warmth. I have had positive comments from men when I wear Stella. So it is good.
I have to have this one in my collection, there are days when I feel I need the cosy warmth to wear with Vintage florial dresses. They go together so well.....

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

Another must for me! A simply, longlasting smell of amber and rose that makes me feel romantic and refined for all the day :)

harlequin1572
harlequin1572

I've been wearing this for a few months now, and I like it less and less. The opening is just beautiful - the refreshing mandarin with a touch of rose is simply irresistible, and one of my favorite combinations. But after a couple of hours, the flowers fade and a VERY stale amber appears. Unfortunately, this BO-like scent lingers much longer than the delicious opening, and it's hard to cover up with something else. So I don't think I'll be wearing this again.

Cereza
Cereza

Extremely enjoyable, cold and sparkling rose together with peony. There's actually nothing else to add. It feels very feminine and sophisticated, it's such a delightful rose. I love that the rose here is not sweet or childish, it's a real grown up rose for grown up ladies who do understand that they are ladies :)
If you like rose give this a try as Stella really is wonderful, refreshing, elegant, everyday rose for those lovely woman out there who just love themselves, love roses and want's to smell amazing.
I'm praising this one, I know. I'm surprised of how much I enjoy it, that's why there are so many good words I have to say about this "lady Stella".
Good job!

oona noir
oona noir

I tested it and I thought it was beautiful on the initial spray, but then it got kind of boring. I thought I'd try it again sometime, but when I asked my husband to sniff it, he *hated* it. He thought it had a fecal smell (which I'm not getting, btw). Anyway, I don't think I'm going to bother testing this one again!

romrom
romrom

it's funny but I bought this one because I liked it at the store, but then I started to really hate it ( its funny because I got so many complements on it )

guest_RoRose
guest_RoRose

I Can smell iced flowers !! so cold fresh & cleaN ,, LIKED IT
btw it's smillar to stella in 2 >> the same kind as i smelt ,, when u smell both u can know that they're by the same deisigner ..

JenSelkirkLass
JenSelkirkLass

A Kiss from a Rose!

This is a beautiful, sophisticated, irresistible fragrance. It has a refreshing rose "air" unlike many of the rose scents available that are cloying and heavy.

It is delicate but lasts so well. It's modern, sensual and feminine. Like wearing a kiss from a rose... honestly!

I LOVE it!

cmmarti3
cmmarti3

Stella McCartney's Stella is the ultimate rose without the thorn. It's freshly cut, two dozen, waiting for you to admire, and so will everyone who smells it on you. It's not sweet but it's suitable even for gourmand lovers like me. A very sophisticated, modern, appropriate-for-any-age rosey veil of sheer wonderment. Not too strong or overpowering. A rosey dream, even for non-floral lovers. "La Vie en Rose" captured in a fragrance!

lladyrain
lladyrain

I like roses and was hoping this would be a HG rose scent.

Unfortunately, it turned into a smoky, heavy incense on me. (A choking unpleasant smell to me).

It wasn't just that way on my skin - I kept the paper blotter which I sprayed the Stella EDP on, and it didn't smell pleasant to me.

Perhaps the notes of the perfume are too simple, or maybe the amber comes off as too strong.

The Stella Nude seemed more pleasant to me.

Stella has been often compared to Chloe EDP (the new one), but I love Chloe and would buy it again. But I would not buy Stella!

guest_moi
guest_moi

Stella is rose simplicity composed extremely well. A rose fragrance that doesn't feel dated or fussy, but fresh and minimalist. It's not too sweet like so many modern fragrances are. In my mind this is a wet rose in full bloom, after a night of heavy rain. Lovely...

guest_gigi14
guest_gigi14

OHH STELLA how i love you. This perfume is like no other, settles lovely, theres something discreetly seductive about this fragrance i love, the kind of smell that lingers on and makes one want to keep searching for the scent. The perfect ROSE fragrance. My husband burries his nose in my neck. ;) Will be my signature scent.

Suzi
Suzi

Stella is gorgeous the best rose inspired perfume ever it is sweet it smells like freshly picked roses it is just delightful I absolutely love it. There is nothing more fragrant or delicious than rose scent don't knock it till you try it if you like roses like me you be pleasently surprised by Stella a real winner in my humble opinion

ComfyCat
ComfyCat

If you take a stroll on rose lane where all the roses are lined up according to their age and maybe even by most proper season you would meet Stella McCartey's Stella in third place, the autumns' rose. If Chloè edp is the most perfect dew drenched and sparkling spring rose and Paul Smith Rose is the sun warmed summer rose in full bloom, then Stella is the epitome of the perfect autumn rose.

Stella is neither overly sweet nor overly fresh, it's a deep red velvety rose at the end of its full bloom, the rose petals might fall of if touched, but else remain as a sign of decaying summer glory amidst fallen leaves clad in autumn's red and gold.

To me this one is definately a rose scent for the colder seasons, not old fashioned, but it's the grown up sister of Paul Smiths Rose, wrapped in some expensive cozy pashmina to keep warm. I detected some almost woody notes in it along with some fruit, like a tiny hint of some berries, a quality some garden roses share.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Just beautiful. It's a new kind of rose fragrance, that is so romantic but not even remotely old fashioned. Very feminine. Never overpowering, but lasts.
I can't praise this highly enough.

StephD

In the past week or so, each time i'd stop at the pharmacy or The Bay i'd spray this scent all over me. After 10 minutes I couldn't smell it on me at all, but I would get heaps of compliments for the next 2 hours! One saleslady wanted to keep sniffing me, and absolutely wanted to know what I was wearing! So I finally bought it :) And i'm glad I did. I'm not sure my boyfriend likes it- it seems that all the compliments have come from women.. odd. Anyways, it doesn't last long on skin but I spray it on my clothes, and at the end of the day I can still catch a faint whiff of it. So mysterious, gentle, feminine, alluring. I'm captivated by Stella!

Liberty_Fizz
Liberty_Fizz

I love this so much, bought it again tax free at the weekend after not having used it for years.

Stella for me is sooo incredibly special and pure, a floral without being sugary, just what the doctor ordered ;)

Passionflower
Passionflower

I received the sample I ordered, and I was a little dissapointed after reading all the positive comments here. The smell of roses is pleasant, but something's missing. Real roses have a sort of uplifting smell, and that, to me, is what's lacking here. Stella smells on me like I've just used a really nice bar of soap. It fades quickly, and I don't think it's special enough. I guess it just isn't me. But my 6 year old daughter loves it!

narcotic
narcotic

Stella is a big, wet, sopping rose surrounded by several wet, sopping peonies that are mounted in a misty ambery base. AWESOME.

And what's really wonderful about Ms. McCartney's first scent is that it's so reminiscent of an evening after some heavy rainfall - heavy without weight, soft without sweetness, and with this really lovely drydown that doesn't scream 'powdery!' in the slightest. And who couldn't love those exquisitely geometric little 1oz bottles?

Stella would be really appealing to you if you want to get away from the flash-frozen roses like Parisienne or the head-scratcher that is Kate Moss. Stuffy this is not!

Manya
Manya

This is rose heaven!
I have been looking for the perfect rose fragrance for years, and only found perfumes which were too heavy and old-fashioned, or too sweet and childish.
This one is like the holy grail of rose perfumes! No kidding :)

Its perfect harmony comes from a well-balanced composition, which, in my opinion represents young, but grown-up women. Elegant, modern, feminine - perfection!

guest_luvthisperfume
guest_luvthisperfume

this is a really captivating fragrance it smells so sexy and feminine , very strong so i suggest light sprays! but overall one of my fav. perfumes ever!

janudy
janudy

I loved this when I first smelled it. I felt that Stella McCartney really set out what she wanted to accomplish--a modern rose fragrance. It's not too powdery or dark, nor is it a lightweight. It's a rose that's brightened by the amber on my skin, perfect for casual wear. Actually, it reminds me a lot like Les Parfumes de Rosine Ecume de Rose, but much cheaper in price.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

This is a dark rose scent, but still fresh; Not a romantic one, but good for office or formal ocassions.

The bottle of 30ml is a good design, very compact.

I bought it unsniffed for all the positive reviews here, slight disappointed. I don't know why so many reviewers think that it is romantic.

What I desire is a sweet, honeyed rose, not a classic one.

jetstar
jetstar

its so interesting how much a persons skin chemistry has to do with a perfume,when this arrived my wife was asleep,roses are her absolute favorite, so i excitedly opened this new offering of the much loved in review juice and blasted some on my arm...the first thing that hit me was a strong slightly alcoholy juicy blackberry bush but as i quickly made my way threw the bramble's a rose garden appeared in the middle of them very fresh, lite like the scent of the two carrying around on a warm breeze of the early summer, very pretty. so my wife wakes up and i tell her my experience and spray her arm.. the smell of ?hairspray lasted about 30 seconds on her and then it was gone, everything... it just absorbed into her skin leaving no trace whatsoever. we tried again with the exact same results hmmm?! i guess this ones not for us, its a shame we so wanted to love this to like so many others do, were going to try the rose absolute next hopefully with better results! still no rose perfume has ever been better 'for us' than the inexpensive poison looking delight of excellence in a bottle 'Tea Rose'

vuelo
vuelo

This perfume makes me think of a story written by Hans Christian Andersen. I always thought that his stories are magic, makes child and grownup to enter a world at the edge of reality and fantasy, and brings sweet answers to harsh questions. This perfume makes me think of "Little Ida's Flowers".

...

"My poor flowers ..." said little Ida. "They were so pretty last evening, but now every leaf has withered and drooped. Why do they do that?" she asked the student who sat on the sofa.

She was very fond of him because he told such good stories and could cut such amusing figures out of paper-hearts with dancing ladies inside them, flowers of all sorts, and castles with doors that you could open and close.He was a rollicking fellow.

"Don't you know what's the matter with them?" the student said. "They were at the ball last night, that's why they can scarcely hold up their heads."

"Flowers can't dance," said little Ida.

"Oh, indeed they can," said the student. "As soon as it gets dark and we go to sleep, they frolic about in a fine fashion. Almost every night they give a ball."
..........
(and the explenation about the roses:)
"Yesterday I was there in the King's garden with my mother," said Ida, "but there wasn't a leaf on the trees, or a flower left. Where are they? Last summer I saw ever so many."

"They are inside the castle, of course," said the student. "Confidentially, just as soon as the King comes back to town with all of his court, the flowers run from the garden into the castle and enjoy themselves. You should see them. The two loveliest roses climb up on the throne, where they are the king and the queen. All the peonies line up on either side, to stand and bow like grooms of the bedchamber. ...."

Well, I think those are the roses from Stella McCartney.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I was intrigued by Ouch's comment that Stella smells like frosted rose - what exactly, I asked myself, does such an intriguing vision translate to in perfume?

Well, I didn't quite get the frosted note but it does smell like a cool, modern, elegant rose without any connotations of soap, air freshener or heavyweights such as Paris.

Having said that, it is not a true rose, the peony is chiming in with clarion voice. Pretty, charming, inoffensive.

It has earned itself a second testing.

StephD

I don't think florals are for me, but I remember my art teacher from grade 7 weearing this. Evertime she'd pass by my desk a beautiful scent would waft in the air- soft, slightly sweet and alluring. She was a dark-haired woman with blue eyes, quiet with charm. She pulled it off amazingly.

Very like another peony scent I have, Elige. It's pretty, but it reminds me of many other scents I've tried, so I have to say it is not new. What it is is a perfect office/wedding/birthday party light floral. Not for me, but still pretty in it's way without being different enough to cause comment.

STELLA opens briefly to my nose as a fruity floral--one of the grape/plum types. Roses then swiftly descend to dominate through to the drydown. Unfortunately, however, the dreaded synthetic peony note is present in sufficient proportion to pretty much ruin the experience for me. The roses smell great, but I feel uncomfortable in this frag. Judging from the reviews, I am not alone...

Jacques Cavallier has created many perfumes that I admire, but his peony-rich compositions simply do not work for me. The peony note culprit confers exceptional longevity--a positive quality for those who can stomach these liquids. As for me, I now have a headache. Désolée!

Lady Love
Lady Love

I love roses!! and yesterday, I saw so many good reviews here about this perfume, that I could't wait to try it!

I tried today, and I really hate it!! Sorry for all stella fans, but this kind of rose is the typical smell, that comes from a normal deodorant.
So obvious,lacks depth, artificial, boring, I even had to ask the seller, to try another perfume and forget that smell, so i try Pure Poison, and let me tell you: Nothing can compares to Dior's flowers!

Ouch!
Ouch!

This perfume is easily in my top 5 women's scents ever, and I wear it regardless!

It rose...but it's the cleanest, coolest...classiest rose you can think of. It's alluring, and the kind of smell that is there but so so innofensive. It has excellent staying power too and draws so many compliments.

Absolute LOVE is the relationship I have with this perfume and have owned numerous bottles.

It's very feminine but still can be pulled of the right guy, people describing this as cold/icy are bang on the money I think. It's like frosted rose draped in purple satin. It has sort of clarity to it..

If this ever gets discontinued I will hoard it like a mo fo!!

magda14012

Stella is a wonderful sensual rose garden lit by the morning sun. Its is feminine, sexy and all rose lovers should try it!

rachelmary
rachelmary

one of my absolute faves of all time. that and coco mademoiselle

natassa
natassa

i'm a true fan of this fragrance..I use it everytime I go to work..and everyone seemed to notice if I passed a particular place or corridor..because the perfume left beautiful trails of scent..my pupils even admire my scent and keep swarming me..just to get a better sniff of me..LOL..

applemint
applemint

I was very excited to receive my Stella today, and after sampling it I'm just as excited to pass it on to my mystical and emotionally over-tipped mother in law.
This fragrance is elegant, but with a cold dark wind in it, like the fragrance of a rushing, unsatisfied woman in her latter years.

viveka
viveka

I've searched scent where is cold, pure rose - not oversugared and in warm, cosy entourage. Stella is perfect. The rose is almost crystallised. I can imagine that rose in Snow Queen's hand. Freshness of flowers, lack of pretensous sweetness and bittery charm of english roses...Yet very dark-gothic touch. That was it.
I've bought bottle and using all the time.
Perfect Springtime perfume.

perfumepromosince16
perfumepromosince16

got it cos it was all the rage in London if you were into fashion around 2003 or so, and I had to see what all the fuss is about. I can't get through the bottle which is never a problem for me if I really like something. Its so non-descript and TRANSLUCENT for me...like its there but not, which kind of does my head in so I only reach for it if I am totally bored with everything else, sadly

beautyinthemundane
beautyinthemundane

Very pretty, very feminine, inoffensive and great for work & everyday. Good combination of lovely sweet gentle rose, but brought up to date to make it a clean, modern smell. Nothing hugely special, just very very nice!

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

A sweet, rosy floral scent that caresses the skin on a warm humid night. The scent is elegant, woody and purple. Even though it was my mother's, I wore it too as a young teen.

misscareyann
misscareyann

A transparent purple rose dripping with dew made of jam.

Beautiful and a bit delicious.
I love this fragrance. The notes are so well balanced and creates a very clean floral.

The body milk is absolutely amazing!

Elegant, fun, young, mature...it really depends on who's wearing it and how you decide to carry yourself.

No sugar or spice, just everything nice.

My absolute favorite.

If I had to choose one fragrance that I could not live without, Stella would be it for me. The closest thing I have to a 'signature'.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I want to like this but it's too prim for me, though quite nice. I think this is one that ladies would like and men would find grannyish

deeper_shallow
deeper_shallow

During my Diesel Zero Plus Masculine phase, I also wanted something a bit lighter for daytime wear - and I found Stella! It was actually the first women's perfume I had bought in a very long time, after years of only finding men's fragrances that suited me.
The rose (not one of my favorites) never got very prominent on me; instead there was a fresh citrus opening, followed by plenty of sweet, rich peony. Pretty and flowery without being a little-girl scent. I used this one up to the very last drop.

Marisa36
Marisa36

I discovered this perfume while shopping for a fragrance to wear on my wedding day. I love the bottle, love the colour and love the fragrance even more. Very feminine and just a joy to wear. Stella McCartney can't do wrong in my eyes. Beautiful, cruelty free fragrances - adore them all! Helps that I'm addicted to rose scents as well.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Rose jam cookies :-)
That was my first association few years ago when one of my work colleagues wore it :-)
Although I am far from falling in love in flowery scents - I liked that one straight away and got myself a bottle as soon as I got paid :-)
I have not regretted it, it is a lovely perfume, certainly sophisticated rose for rose lovers!
It is not sweet, I would say bittery-rose, I did not detect any nausea-type vanilla-sweetness at all. It is great for winter as well as summer. My work colleague used it on hot summer days and I can tell you the very moment she was walking into the office - the atmosphere brightened up, the gentle tail behind her made me fall in love with the fragrance.
It has been few years and there is just few drops left in my bottle, so time to stock up.
Highly recommended to sophisticated rose lovers!

NatWeb
NatWeb

Spicy rose. Nothing sickly or cloying here, this is a mature grown up rose for a clever modern woman. I loved this as a day fragrance and would recommend it to anyone. I really despite overtly floral and generic frangances but found this nothing of the sort. Just beautiful and timeless.

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

Edited on 01/06/10: the note that I find nauseating here is also present in the original Prada (which also makes my stomach turn). I can also detect it in L'Eau Ambree (also by Prada), but while unpleasant, it's somewhat short-lived and more subdued.

I love rose-based scents, but I find this one nauseating and borderline repulsive. Unfortunately, it seems like at least one third of the population in NYC wears it, so I'm often stuck with it during my train rides. I like Stella McCartney's work though, specially her cotton tops.

nicesmell66

I just got my third bottle of Stella in the mail today and I love it! The bottle is beautiful and the scent amazing! If you love rose, then Stella is a must. Although it can be used all year, I still prefer this scent during cooler weather. Stella makes me feel warm and feminine and a couple of spritzes lasts for several hours.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

I don't find it inviting at all.
It is quite annoying.

This is the smell of a cold"natural" rose(not a caramelised/sweet/velvety or paris/YSL type of rose) mixed with that of green leaves and gardening tools...

But as Coco has said, "A woman should smell like a woman,not like a flower."
An acid-sour drydown didn't make me happier later on...A cranberry/salty note in the ending of Stella,reminded me of the...opening of Parisienne.A rose merry go round.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

After reading all the great reviews I was really pumped for this one. All I could smell was pepper when I first tried it. The florals have come thru now, but are so soft that it's barely there. I wouldn't bother with a perfume I can't even smell.

HAZELORBS
HAZELORBS

Romance blooms with the true, clear scent of rose with a touch of amber. At times, the rose scent can be overwhelming and cause a headache, but if I spritz lightly, I can tolerate it. This scent lasts all day and even on my coats long after I stopped wearing it. This is a very simple, clean scent without much complexity. When I'm feeling romantic and feminine, this scent is what I reach for. Oddly, I'm not usually a big fan of strong florals, but this one appeals to me. I tend to lean more toward woody orientals - scents that are warm and spicy. This one has the warmness from the amber, but definitely a romantic floral! Not for the fainthearted or anyone who does not like rose.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Perhaps Stella would hold on my skin better if I could spray on the perfume? I have applied the sample by splashing it on a few pressure points....and....
Springy, well-balanced young roses! It's very beautiful-a rose fountain! Perhaps a lovely summer scent-I am trying it on in the cold weather-such a light rose must freeze when I have to wear a wool scarf. It hardly lasted on me at all, I think it lasted an hour, if that. I will have to try again a few more times, under different circumstances...If it manages to last longer on me, I would love to wear it time to time, and own it......

nicesmell66

This is my favorite by Stella McCartney. I have tried most of the other editions,but have found that this one lasts the longest on my skin.It classy and elegant.

truffles
truffles

I really want to like this because it slightly reminds me of Victoria Plum bath oil which I had and loved as a child, and I really love the smell of fresh roses, BUT.... no, to me it smells too short on character, no complexity, cheap and a little bit sickening. My sister loves it though and apart from the smell, one big plus is that Stella McCartney is against animal testing so I'm presuming this is in line with that.

mack
mack

Simply amazing... I LOVE this scent!

allexa27
allexa27

i like rose frags but this one i dont.Too rosy,sour and light ...blah

poppy_vanderbilt
poppy_vanderbilt

I do not like rose fragrances but this was stunning...modern..and for me perfectly balanced...I really want this ...unfortunately my husband cannot stand any kind of rose smell...i even bought a perfume recently that i knew had some rose notes but i thought would be too subtle and hidden by the other notes for him to tell (ed hardy's women perfume)...he knew immediately and begged me to wash it off because it actually makes his stomache turn....so i must decide if i want this perfume or my husband...yes my devotion to perfume is that hard core....i am " the original perfume gangsta'"...can't wait to try the Stella in two.

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

I have to agree with Taliera that I love this fragrance but on me it turns into something that just doesn't smell fresh! I had to sell my bottle on ebay! I tried to give it to some friends but it wasn't great on them either! I have the same problem with Narcisso R. there is something in my skin chemistry that makes it strong and rather unpleasant! I appreciate this stella perfume just the same!

Taliera
Taliera

For some reason, this smells terrible on me, and wonderful on everyone else. It probably has something to do with chemistry, since other Stella scents have smelt not-quite-right on me either. But in no way do I mean this is a terrible scent - it is a beautiful, rich rose scent - nothing less than intoxicating!

Tequila Rose
Tequila Rose

I so love this fragrance!!! Finally bought a bottle after many, many sniffs from friends and i couldn't be happier.
Great for work and those special nights out....it covers all bases.

isil
isil

wonderful peonies and best of roses... it's amazing...

Budaqueen
Budaqueen

I am not a big fan of floral fragrances, and especially not rose. But I bought this one for my sister and was given a 10 ml handbag bottle as a gift when I purchased it for her. So I shamelessly kept it, and I have to say I absolutely loved the fragrance. I like that the rose is very velvety and balanced with citrus, and has a warm base. My only complaint was the lack of sillage. For that reason, I did not buy it again but reading the reviews, I remember how much I loved it and I can't believe I did not think of this one when I went and bought a summer fragrance last month.

magie
magie

I bought this because a review said it was a shameless rip-off of Mille Une Roses by Lancome. I love Mille Une Roses, and I love Stella, but a think they are very different. Stella starts out fruity, sort of like grape koolaid,at least on me. I was not crazy about it at first. After about forty minutes the rose comes out, rich and red and wet, very intense. I thought it smelled so romantic and womanly. It is a little strong for a hot summer day in the south east,USA, but for evening or cooler days it will be wonderful. I love it.

guest_danny-girl
guest_danny-girl

I found this perfume in a boutique store one day and just loved it! I always get compliments on it and it stays with me all day. I also like having a perfume that everyone doesn't wear.

SYDNEYGIRL
SYDNEYGIRL

if you are a classy strong feminine woman this is for you! the fresh smell of rose and peony has such a vintage stir behind it! what a blend, heady but soft, killer combination for a little black dress or jeans and a crisp white shirt!go stella! this has been in my top 3 for a couple of years now...

Mareseis
Mareseis

I chose Stella Rose Absolute over the original Stella, due to the fact of poor lasting power and no sillage in this one. The smell is amazing however, but it lacks in depth and the citrusy notes are overpowering the beautiful amber. Despite this, I do love it.

Casi
Casi

Okay, so what would "purple rain" smell like? This! This smells of blackberry liquour and moist, dewy roses. The composition is rich, warm, sweet and light all at once. Stella smells of femininity, grace, confidence and elegance...all of this while remaining undeniably seductive. I have found that any fragrance with Amber as a main note is either hit or miss for me. This is definately a BIG HIT! The Amber here is blended so perfectly with the roses and the peony and although the "blackberry liquour" note is most likely a figment of my imagination, that is the beauty of this gem of a fragrance! The composition is so smooth and each note compliments the other so effortlessly. Stella is unforgettable. I have never known another like her and I doubt that I will. The bottle is classic and lovely, just like the beautiful juice contained within. I love the rich, purple color and I think that the bottle design is perfect for this EDP. The visual definatly matches the scent. I would purchase this again and again! *Note* I gave Stella a "3" for price. Although a full-size bottle of Stella runs between $70.00 - $90.00 and the body cream, (which I could just die for), is rather expensive, this fragrance offers a nice-sized roll-on version and a purse size for $17.00 and $48.00, respectively. I hope that most fragrances will jump on the roll-on/purse-size bandwagon because it is so easy to carry along for the day and more importantly, it allows those of us on a budget to experience true luxury for an affordable price!

Malibu
Malibu

STELLA is beautiful, delicate and very feminine.

It is simple and uncluttered, but the tangerine and peony add a subtle, fresh twist. Women of all ages can easily wear STELLA. It doesn’t matter if you’re wearing jeans, a suit or an evening dress.

SophieIowa
SophieIowa

Rose, amber, and more rose! Very simple note-wise, which translates to pure and simple class. This has such a dark, gothic feeling, yet it's so sophisticated.
This perfume breaks boundaries - it can be worn by the quiet goth girl, the savvy businesswoman, and the soccer mom (or the combination woman who is all three!) I love it.

Cherub573
Cherub573

Echoing many others, this is a modern, sophisticated rose scent. I think of it as a little dark, but not in a spicy way, perhaps because of the amber. And btw, amber can often give me headaches, but in here it is soft and suggestive, lending a little more depth. I would wear this in the evening or in cold weather myself, but I'm sensitive to strong fragrances. It also reminds me of roses and wine. :)

Mado Haddad
Mado Haddad

Well... I can't say whether I like it or I love it !!:)
When I first apply this perfume from a sample I got, I think "Yeah, it's a nice perfume.. but I wouldn't buy a full sized bottle of it".
An hour later,after it settles down, I start feeling like it's one of the most amazing perfumes!!
Worth mentioning: it's soooooo long lasting.

adriana14

i want to give some review again coz dis fragrances is so amazing...
infact i love all stella perfume..
everyday i've got to wear this..
juz love the dark rose and peony smell.everytime i spray dis on...the sweatness i can feel it down my throat..
and the smell keep coming out..the longer and the more u spray...the better the smells would b...this perfumes top the chart..!!!

Aalia
Aalia

Such great reviews here, including an award winning review, that I cannot add too much to the descriptions except for my opinion and-experience. This is a fantastic scent. I was so wonderfully surprised by this little sample of... "just some rose perfume". Quite the contrary.... it has prescence with out being overbearing, it has class and composition with out being old fashioned, heavy or staunch. The sillage has some special talent...it artfully lifts the scent into the air and the wearer can dive into the surrounding scent with pleasure at every moment they desire. It seems a bit spicy, airy, and light sometimes. Surely feminine but not flirty or childish. Perpetually velvety, full, rich, and intense to a precise degree- never stifling. Artfully elegant, chique, and modern; all of these charachteristics all at once. The peony is not sweet and overwhelming as in most perfumes. The rose, instead of a single, ponderous note, takes on different tones and whims while wearing. The base is comfortable and sensuous, forget the feeling of "woodsy"as listed in the notes above.Can it really be all that great as I described? Oh Yes! In my opinion, yes!

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

I'm not a collector of perfume bottles - I value the juice inside the packaging first and foremost. That said, it's always a treat to find a lovely scent housed inside of a bottle which makes me swoon as much as the perfume, itself.

The purple, streamlined, classiness of Stella's bottle is impossible to ignore. Anyone who adores the classic bottles from Chanel, Hermes, or Bond No. 9 will most likely find this bottle difficult to resist. The fabulous thing is that you won't have to! It's a lovely perfume and one that I'd expect nearly every woman to want as part of her collection.

Getting to the juice itself: Stella is all about roses and salt, with just a touch of amber thrown in for good measure. This is not your grandmother's rose; it's in a class all of it's own. The salty musk accord adds a skin smell that turns the rose into something very sensual and intriguing. The amber adds mystery. When you spray this on, you won't think of red roses, but rather dark, purple roses just slightly past their prime.

It has a very delicate quality to it. I'm not usually a fan of florals but this one took my breath away. I've tested it on several occasions and always felt that there were more interesting scents out there to be had so I never purchased. Now, however, I find myself craving something pure and natural, yet sexy and different and it's moved itself to the top of my wishlist.

This is a very popular perfume but I think it smells different on every person. It also has very light sillage so you can wear it for yourself and for those you want to be close to, without the fear of overwhelming everyone else. It's perfect for the office but sexy enough to be worn with a little black dress.

exciter76
exciter76

Innocence and roses go hand-in-hand. This is one bad-arse rose with a Harley and a leather jacket. It's what I imagine a fabled black rose to smell. Romance has an edge and it's very, very seductive.

The scent's longevity is impressive. The consistency of scent is amazing; if you love how it smells when it's first applied then you will be delighted to know that scent will stay with you all day. Of course, what I love most is how naughty I feel for simply wearing this fragrance, especially at work. I liken it to liquid burgundy lingerie.

ktv0926
ktv0926

Stella is a beautiful, rich scent of a freshly cut rose, still having dew drops on its petals. The scent is cold, with green, bitter undertones.

I think Stella can be worn quite differently. I can see a girl in a summer dress and a business woman in a suit both wearing Stella, making quite opposite statements by it - Stella is very versatile, in my opinion.

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

at first sniff, i wasn't very impressed. it just came off as a nice scent for an office girl. HOWEVER, i wandered outdoors and the sticky sweet rose smell kept wafting up to my nose. by the time i made it back inside, i was loving it. it's kind of cheery but not bright. reminds me a little of rose essential without the patchouli.

adriana14

i sooo love this perfume
everyday i would spray this...but im really3 looking forward to own my own piece of this

d smell is so amazing
yeah...at first didnt really like it
but when i spray it again one day
i suddenlly feel head over heel in love with dis perfume

hahahaha

crazy already...forgive me

Sherria
Sherria

I didnt like it at first. but after comparing it with another perfume, i discovered the beauty in this one. To me it smells like grape juice and roses :). Not really for everyday but is great for special/intimate occasions.

Malegria
Malegria

Wow! I tested Stella several times, putting a little amount on my wrist and I felt it as a slightly cold, morning rose, dew-covered, may be white...like an Iceberg variety.I made a swap recently and got a bottle for myself - and of course I sprayed it all over. Imagine my surprise - it is still a bit distant, but warm, velvety and RED,covered with fuzz, like a butterfly wing. At first it gives off a lot`s of Bulgarian rose oil, but later instead of oil I start to feel peony - a very dark, burgundy one, and the perfume starts to juggle with both scents - rose-peony-peony-rose, strangely it does ot mix at all on me but simply trades places for a while.
Eventually it blends in with a very sophisticated amber and woods, though the freshness of peony lingers, and the base is very appealing to me - I feel tangerine only in the very end, and it feels as an unexpected wink from an upper class lady in a fancy hat.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

An amazing vintage amber with modern rose. The rose is soft and garden-like, not the cloying harsh chemical rose of the past. I find myself wearing this almost every day since I bought it. If you want a full on rose, this isn't your scent. You're going to get more of a softer floral with amber woods. This is a great gift perfume because it's different, but smells really good on most people.

Leni
Leni

This must be one of the absolutely worst perfume experiences I've ever had. I am not sure what it is, but apparently I have an allergic reaction when I smell it. It gives me a headache, I have problems breathing and I start to feel dizzy. I had to tell my co-worker to stop using it, because I wasn't able to work any more, even though there were at least 4 walls between us. The smell is just so intense and extreme and it stays in the air for ours.

Trvevil
Trvevil

I started not liking and avoiding her fragrances, but oh.. now I think they're cute! And I'm looking forward to try again others.
So, about this fragrance. Yes as written in other reviews it's a rose scent. I smelled my wrist after few minutes and it reminded me how I smelled my granddads roses. There were red, yellow color roses. This one smelled like yellow. It's a real, live rose. There's peony present too, growing and tangling with a rose. Dry-down is like faint Agent Provocateur dry-down, but with added a little sweetness. It is very safe and casual fragrance.

Elumina
Elumina

The most reviews here got the point. Stella is a rose scent, but not a girly rose scent, this one is for mature women.
At the beginning it smells like fresh rose water and later it turn into a woody and dark rose scent. This perfume reminds me of another fragrance but i dont know which...
Stella suits well for daytime wear and i recommend it for people who like rose-scents.
Anyway this will be my next catch ^^

Spring25
Spring25

I have the rollerball version of the EDP. I like it because, even though it seems rather dilute, it is easy to apply touchups throughout the day. It's a dusky light fragrance which could be good for day or evening wear. It is not offensive for the office. In fact, I got a couple compliments (male and female) when I wore this scent to work.

I decided to try Stella when I read many reviews which claimed that this fragrance was a new classic in the making. Stella is not your typical sweet and flowery rose fragrance, it is much darker and more woodsy. It's actually not a sweet fragrance at all.

Stella overall, (including the dark purple bottle), reminds me of something from a gothic or medieval age. Due to my personal tastes I didn't fall in love with Stella, but I can see why some people adore it. Perhaps when I'm older I will retry this fragrance and like it a lot better, as I see this fragrance appealing to much more mature, sophisticated women.

randik
randik

Now, this is something completely different. It is a truly captivating fragrance which is gorgeously haunting! An incredibly interesting combination of notes. Tried it today and fell head over heels!

sniff
sniff

At first i loved it, but some weeks later i became to feel little bit cold when i wear it. It's rich lasting rose.., but i think not for young woman and it makes a distance between me and people...mmm maybe Stella is good for warm weather?

Kasku
Kasku

It's a very contemporary look at the very classic flowers. Peony and rose are used together in such a nice and new composition. Added orange gives the final juice and taste. I love it :)

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

It's like dipping your skin in rose water.

Unlike other rose perfumes, this one doesn't smell at all old or dusty. It's wet (even after it drys there is a feeling of wetness), fresh, and lovely. It's like continuously crushing rose petals and having the scent of the rose repeatedly rejuvenate in your nose. It's amazing.
This scent has captured the complexity and grace of a rose. In each whiff one is able to go through the sweet mild aromatic rose, the vest of a rose, the sweetness... It's a great perfume.

There are a few things to keep in mind when purchasing this scent. The scent is not always long lasting, and depends heavily on your own chemistry and moistness of skin. Try applying lotion well in advance (so as not to alter the scent of this delicate perfume) before applying this scent. You will probably make the scent last longer. Also the roller ball purse applicators, which are sold separately, seem to be less potent than they parfum out of bottle... I suspect the fragrance has been diluted.

kevaana
kevaana

I love it. Smells like a summer limonade on my skin, a fresh rose picked in summer near a lemon garden.

katyas
katyas

This is a LOVELY rose fragrance, and my hope and goal is to get a full bottle - right now I only have a roll-on. It is delightfully fresh, the rose smelling like something just plucked from the garden at the height of its scent. The unfortunate thing (for me) is that it doesn't last nearly long enough.

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

Roses, roses, roses, beautiful stylish bottle fits nicely in a bag. Scent disappears from my skin completely within 15 minutes - the worst hold I've ever had from a perfume. A pity.

Surreal
Surreal

I dont like perfumes with rose in it but this one smells so different.. It's such a romantic but at the same time modern scent. Amazing, really..

Carla
Carla

The Yin and Yang is happening in this fragrance. The initial application creates the lightness of a contemporary rose paired with the flair of southern european influence with the peony.
The dark side then appears with the scentuous aroma of amber thus experiencing the best of both worlds.

pj
pj

i prefer stella in twopeony, which is quite close to stella,stella is too peppery.the bottle is nice though.

orchidfae
orchidfae

I absolutely adore Stella! I have went through 2 roll ons, I am halfway through the body milk, and still using my fb of Stella rotated with one other. My daughter(who is 7) loves when I put this on her. I am sold.

luisa margarita
luisa margarita

rosas y mas rosas...... de una manera interesante y energetica

Candra
Candra

Love this fragrance. I can't get enough of it. It is such a classy fragrance. Next time, i will buy the pure perfume.

guest_Farha
guest_Farha

A gorgeous perfume - my fav - pair the eau de perfume with the perfumed body cream and u will have guys n gals askin u all the time as to what perfume are u wearing!! very long lasting when u combine the bodycream and eau de perfume.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Rose, but not sweet flower. Rose, but not roses preserve. It is not rose warmed up radius sun. It is quiet, noble rose, as if sorroud easy fog and bit of smoke, therefore- magic. This is smell of rose and smell of secret of rose. Very interesting roses smell. It is as natural and elegant woman.

soirdelune
soirdelune

A lovely scent, cheerfully plundered (in my opinion) from Lancome's 'Mille et Une Roses'. Always a pleasure to smell, though some friends have reported that it gives them headaches -- unsure why? :(

julianne35

this fragrance is really beautiful..first you smell the rose,then it becomes sth more fresh..when you start it you do not want to leave it.. I finished 5 bottles and still using one :)

guest_Sweet
guest_Sweet

Ladies, this is not your grandmother's rose. It is a modern rose balanced with a tasteful base of amber. Stella has many faces and encompasses all women.

Stella by Stella McCartney 4.12 out of 5 based on 2076 ratings and 351 user reviews

39.50 GBP
drugstore.com
Eau De Parfum
Stella McCartney Eau de Parfum Spray for Women, 1.6 fl oz
Stella McCartney Eau de Parfum Spray for Women, 1.6 fl oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Stella McCartney Stella fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Stella McCartney Stella, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Stella by Stella McCartney. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Stella by Stella McCartney represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.