Designers » R S » Floral « Groups

Stella in Two Peony Stella McCartney for women

Stella in Two Peony Stella McCartney for women
dislike

I have it: 251 I had it: 164 I want it: 142 My signature: 20

Stella in Two Peony Stella McCartney for women Pictures Stella in Two Peony Stella McCartney for women Pictures

Stella in Two Peony by Stella McCartney is a Floral fragrance for women. Stella in Two Peony was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Cavallier. Top notes are peony and rose; middle note is pepper; base notes are virginia cedar, patchouli and amber.

Peony Rose

Pepper

Virginia Cedar Patchouli Amber

Kate
Promenade In The Gardens

Stella in Two Peony Fragrance Reviews

isabella76
isabella76

Women and sometimes men would stop me in the street to ask me what fragrance I was wearing. So sad it's gone.

lollsazz
lollsazz

I don't quite know what to think about this one... it smells kinda unisex to me, and I expected a fully feminine fragrance. I actually think the cedar and amber are the dominating notes on me, and this makes this smell kinda manly. Together with the flowers it can also remind of the smell of black and green tea. I own only one other fresh smell that is close to unisex (it smells feminine on me though), which is the Chanel Eau Fraiche. I would say that In Two Peony is a tad bit more unisex than that one. While Chanel Eau Fraiche has some sweet notes to it, I can't actually smell anything sweet in In Two Peony... After the cedar calms down, I get more flowers, but still, the smell is fresh, crisp and a tiny bit sour. I had really hoped for something more feminine with more rose - I can almost not smell the rose at all. Does this just smell way different on me than everybody else?

MollieFF
MollieFF

I am SOOOO upset this fragrance is discontinued. I have worn it since it very came out in 2006 every single day (just about).... never wore a different scent the entire time because I loved it soooo much. I've NEVER found a perfume that has fit my personality and blended with my natural scent/ pheromones so perfectly. I couldn't even begin to describe how many compliments I got on this perfume.... crazy, from all different people, too. I'm going to be at a real loss for my next new scent. The time has finally come where I can't find it/ purchase it anywhere without it being ridiculously overpriced : ( The BEST things always get discontinued...

Talia

I am so happy to have it again, I missed it. And I don’t know a similar perfume, even among the other Stellas, this one is not watery, the impression is for a milk density. It calls in my mind a glass of cold milk in a rose garden. When the weather is hot it is a rose ice cream, when is rainy - a rose turkish delight. Good combination with a cigarette.
Perfectly harmonizes with my chemistry and lighted the side of me I like to expose to others: friendly, optimistic, pale pink and sunny.

amanita68
amanita68

A am an English lover of roses, and I loved all of Stella mcCartney's beautiful rose-based fragrances.

Then there was this one.

I was very excited to try a new Stella Fragrance, so, when I made an online purchase of this one, I awaited the delivery with eager, mouthwatering anticipation.

I was execting another beautiful rosey composition with delicious fruity and spicey notes, so when my package arrived, I opened and sprayed liberally.

And all I got was dry peony and woody notes, reminiscent of dried petals and pencil shavings that have been exposed in the desert sun for too long and are craving water.

I was most disappointed, but if you like very dry fragrances, this may suit you.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

Reminds me a bit of the first Stella perfume, the purple one. Wich i am glad for, since i read here that Stella In Two was discontinued.

antqueen
antqueen

I'm gutted this has been discontinued - it has been my signature scent since it's release. Does anyone know of any perfumes which smell similar? My quest for another peony scented fragrance has now begun...

eludiastar
eludiastar

I wasn't so keen on this. It's very peppery on my skin. It is an unusual scent though.

KittyBaditty
KittyBaditty

Patchouli doesn't like my skin so I ended up smelling like a sweaty brothel, but for the first hour or so this is a beautiful, soft floral and amber scent.

larali
larali

This is lovely. On me, I smell little rose, mostly peony and pepper with a bit of woodiness. Fresh, clean and GIRLY!!! Love.

Talia

I adore that note of rose turkish delight! This scent helped me realized that my skin harmonizes mostly with roses.

nush imogen
nush imogen

Not a big fan of Stella's designs and never tried any of her scents until today, got a free tester together with another fragrance i bought. I surprisingly like it, it's grown up, elegant. Unlike most other reviewers on here i think it's an evening scent, great for early fall, i am thinking of buying a small bottle :) It's very fresh and it reminds me of something i used to have at least a decade ago, i a sucker for sentiment i guess .. at first i was afraid of the pepper notes but it all comes together so well ..

Goldfinch
Goldfinch

Totally agree with Tigerlilian: Stella in Two Peony is very similar in character to Miracle (to my nose it's much more closer to it than to Stella EDP). The first hour is all about peppery peony. (I feel some similarities with Si Lolita's opening, too.) After a while I feel the original Stella's presence here, too, but just like a veil, then it's gone. The drydown is soft, not dirty patchouli and amber, little bit like Guerlain's Idylle. It's not a bad frag, I like it, but I can't say it's very original. The most positive thing, that it's the longest lasting among the Stella-flankers on my skin. I stay with Stella EDP.

dani.ns
dani.ns

I received this as a sample from a Canada monthly subscription in 2011 which this Fragrance was discontinued, why they sent it, I have no clue. Soon as I sprayed it on me, I knew I had to have it. I guess they discontinued it, I did find a site that sells it and paid only $50.00 and boy am I happy! Looking now I see ebay is selling the same bottle for as high as $180.00? How people can do that is so..You get the point. Anyhow, it is a fragrance that smells strong soon as you spray it, however it dies down within 5 minutes and smells flowery with sweetness. I Love it.

heatherine
heatherine

I purchased a sample spray vial of this and absolutely love it so far. I've had it on for about four hours and it's still going strong. It started out very floral with only a subtle hint of spice. The drydown seems the opposite, spicy with a hint of floral. The peony is very prominent at first but dies down or should I say mixes more with the rose after time. I didn't find it powdery at all, which is great for me as I can't really tolerate powdery scents. I'm also very picky about patchouli and was wary of this, but it blends very well with the pepper and floral and is not overdone. Sillage is good, not overpowering, so a good workday scent. I would apply more and wear for a summer evening out on the town.
I will definitely be investing in a bottle of Stella in Two Peony.

sierramae
sierramae

Just received a small vial of this one today together with an ebay purchase. I tried it on my wrists and thought the burst of peony at the opening was very feminine, fresh and clean. The drydown is quite sharp and spicy and reminded me so much of my husband's deodorant.

It's lovely though I can't see myself committing to buy a bigger bottle.

Biliana
Biliana

It is totally shameful that the Stella McCartney fragrances are missing on the Italian market.

braziliannutz
braziliannutz

since its launch a favorite of mine; It is by far the only female´s perfum I can wear - maybe cus it reminds me of drawers full of secrets, old diaries, antique shops, delicate china... those may seem not good remarks, but anyhow the images that this fragrance evokes have a special appeal to me. I shall wear it for more 5 years, at least.

CenturyChild
CenturyChild

This one didnt work for me... It reminded me of my grandmothers smell. (which is not a bad smell, but I dont want to think of her everytime I smell myself)

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

I recieved a sample of this perfume as a bonus with some other samples I ordered from a seller on ebay. I'm not big on florals, they tend to smell really bad on me and I really just don't like them, this was no exception. WAY too floral for me but others seem to really enjoy it and I bet it smells wonderful on them.

angelic266103
angelic266103

I received a sample of this, and I am loving it right now! I would love to fork out the cash to buy this perfume, but it doesn't seem to last long on me..

Perfumenut1
Perfumenut1

I quite like this scent and on my skin the dry down smells similar (not excatly) to Narcisco R For Her. However for some reason everytime I wear this my eyes and nose start to water! Nice but unfortunately not for me.

batnis
batnis

Love this one..but can anyone suggest me diffrent perfume but with the same (almost) smell like stella in two..Please..

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

Starts out very fresh, green and a herby floral on my skin and then quickly turns quite sharp and harsh. sigh Patchouli and I have never been friends.

treenhe
treenhe

i seem to be in a bit of a rose mood at the moment, having tried this, d&g's rose the one and ysl parisienne in the last 2 days. i know it's called peony but funnily enough i only get the rose in this after the first 30 mins. the first 30 minutes yes, it is full blown peony. the total peony...even the funny synthetic, plastic smell some peonies have naturally. it was beautiful to not just be smelling a synthetic version of it. slowly it gave way to a light, liquid rose. all very beautiful and subtle. this and ysl parisienne are 2 sides of the same coin. the ysl is (if you like) a sweet dessert wine and the stella mccartney is like a dry sancerre.
both have a place. i just wish the stella mccartney had the longevity of the ysl (just 2 hrs versus over 12 for the ysl).

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Stella In Two Peony is the first Stella McCartney that I've tried. And I can say that I'm just absolutely in love with this refreshing floral.

Beautifully lucid but rich, with plush peony and rose to open and the effervescence of pepper. Having a very similar vibe to Lancome Miracle, I think Stella in Two Peony which is less sweet may knock that one off my favorite florals shelf.

I get also a tea vibe with a fresh, earthy charm which I love, but perhaps it's the masterful combination of pepper, woods and the warm caress of amber.

I'm going to enjoy my sample over the summer and may very well get myself a full bottle before it's done.

My second review.

I've used a 1.2 ml sample, still can't make a decision to buy a full bottle. I really appreciate the fresh floral part, but the amber, it's the amber that I will never feel agreeable, seems that the flowers and the amber are two parallel lines, they never combine. End of try, won't buy.

wind83
wind83

its long lasting..

Roma27
Roma27

Somehow this fragrance just works for me. In my opinion all the notes compliment each other beautifully. When i wear this i receive heaps of compliments from both sexes. I think Stellas perfumes should be given a chance as they are far to under rated. It's a classy scent but not in a exaggerated way. This can be a head turner if it suits your taste coz its not a loud in your face kind of fragrance. It deserves a special place in someones collection i know it does in mine.

Coco _Mademoiselle80
Coco _Mademoiselle80

This is a perfect, romantic rosy scent. I wore it on my weddings day, and it was a good choice, innocent and still feminine, to rose-lovers it's required!

thelaurenator
thelaurenator

To my nose, this smells exactly like freshly cut peonies. Real peonies have a kind synthetic, slightly poisonous smelling scent just beneath the plush rosiness.

That's exactly what Stella in Two Peony is. However, this really isn't a satisfactory perfume all by itself. I like to mix it with various amber-based perfume oils that I own-- only then does this transform from free-floating topnotes to a grounded perfume.

Also, it does smell very, very similar to the original Stella-- just not as much rose.

dial800whocares
dial800whocares

I have recently become a huge fan of stella mcartney fragrances. I currently own, stella original, stella sheer 2010 limited edition, stella nude and today I purchased stella in two peony.

I love it.

That being said I have noticed that all her fragrances, other then perhaps the sheer one smell VERY similar. Stella in two peony, smells very very similar to the original stella except maybe a smidge spicier.

To those who do not like a spicy scent, but do enjoy a floral scent, you really should go test this. I am wearing it right now and it honestly does not smell spicy on me. It just has a tiny bit more of a kick then the original but nothing to run from.

For lovers of the whole stella mcartney line like me, I would say def ad this one to your collection. Its worth it! Now I just have to find stella absolute to make mine complete. :)

mihaelasusan
mihaelasusan

This is a bit synthetical perfume, peony note is only the top,base note:SOME CLEAN AND FRESH.FADE AWAY QUICLY ON MY SKIN...

melia
melia

Ieuw. I don't like the smell at all. I can't argue why, I just don't like it. There are tons of fresh fragrances, and there are lot's of better ones, rather than this.

LydiaLiu

Tested it on my arm yesterday, it's so fresh and clean, but maybe my skin just ate up all the peony, it left nothing but a clean laundry smell. I'm a buyer of natural floral scents, this one seems to be a little synthetic.

Hope springs eternal, so I decided to throw caution to the wind and take up yet another peony frag this evening: Stella McCartney STELLA IN TWO PEONY.

Initially, I experienced a moment of optimism and relief: it seemed that I had been wrong about my alleged "peony problem"! I found the opening of this edt refreshing and floral but without being overly aggressive, metallic, and anxiety inducing. I noted the clear presence of patchouli and a touch of rose, and all seemed well: I was ready to abandon the peony hypothesis, according to which what I dislike about PLEASURES, FERRAGAMO, NOA FLEUR etc., is peony and only peony, probably a synthetic rendering of the flower.

Unfortunately, after a few minutes, the peony ghouls began to descend upon me, creeping about and seeping into my consciousness ever so slowly to unsettle my psyche until at last I resigned myself to the lamentable truth: I do in fact have a peony problem. Know thyself.

It's not the smell of the note, but something about the note clashes with my physiology just enough to make me feel uneasy and uncomfortable enough to want to take a bath. Nonetheless, I believe that this fragrance is well-constructed, so peony lovers should disregard my personal peony problem and give STELLA IN TWO PEONY a try.

As for me, I won't be requesting any more vials with 'peony' in the name! Désolée. Vraiment. Je me sens vaguement malade...

Soph007
Soph007

Normally I would never ever wear a perfume that was called "spicy" but once I tried this on after awhile not only couldn't I stop smelling my wrist but it is now one of my signature scents. Everytime I wear this I feel good and brings some great memories. I'm almost through my first bottle and I will intend to get some more.

misscareyann
misscareyann

This fragrance is very fresh and a bit spicy. I love the peony opening. I can detect the patchouli drydown, which I love, but it is very light on my skin. I wish it was stronger and lasted longer. The lotion comes on very peppery; much more peppery than the EDT itself.
Stella In Two Peony is very pretty and sophisticated.

Bouquet
Bouquet

I got a sample of this. Love the fleeting feminine fresh peony top note, but not the masculine amber/patchouli drydown, which unfortunately, lingers. It's like it turned into a whole different perfume!

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I always put this on as a tester when I'm passing Boots. It's fresh, feminine and very pleasant, if a little conventional

Marisa36
Marisa36

Love it love it! Birthday present from my husband. He is a genius!

guest_Soignée
guest_Soignée

It is a beautiful, feminine,soft, pure, clean, young, sophisticated perfume!!!
It is a great masterpiece. Very very feminine, elusive, not boring.I am happy wearing it because it is not for mass, it is an exclusive perfume.

Thank you Stella.

Soph
Soph

I'm not fond of spicy sort of smells but this is one perfume that I love SO much! It is actually my signature scent lately because I'm always wearing it. It reminds me of cold winter days, cuddling up with your man. I've already used up half my 100ml bottle and I love it so much! I get heaps of compliments with this one also

guest_efikillkiss
guest_efikillkiss

The most lovely and succesfuly made peony fragrance i've ever smelled. I started to like the smell of peony thanks to this perfume. Perseverant, ultra-feminine, alluring without a moment being heavy. Airy and humide at the same time, seems like if you 're walking through a garden in a misty morning at the beginning of spring. 12-10-09

Tam
Tam

It's not discontinued in the UK. I've just brought another bottle today. By far and away the best Stella note fragrance - really pretty and the peony notes make this a more contemporary, fresh scent

Hinnie
Hinnie

I love this fragrance so much. It makes me feel beautiful and feminine.
This has the smell of a garden in the morning after a light drizzle. It's fresh, wet, powdery and warm at the same time.
The base notes make this smell abit masculine but the sharp peony and soft rose linger for a long time make it feminine.
It's a very versatile scent, suitable for almost anytime of the day or any occasion.
A must have for every perfume wardrobe. But I heard it's discontinued though :(.

noddoc
noddoc

very faminine fragrance, for real women

Stella in Two Peony by Stella McCartney 4.16 out of 5 based on 346 ratings and 47 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Stella McCartney Stella in Two Peony fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Stella McCartney Stella in Two Peony, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Stella in Two Peony by Stella McCartney. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Stella in Two Peony by Stella McCartney represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.