Designers » R S » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Atlantic Strange Invisible Perfumes for men

Atlantic Strange Invisible Perfumes for men

Atlantic fragrance includes adventures of a well traveled gentleman with its classic manly scent. The composition is created by Alexandra Balahoutis in 2005 in concentration of pure perfume, and launched in EDP variant in 2010. The rich scent contains notes of pepermint, Jamaican bay rum, amber, incense and sandalwood.

It is available as 50 ml EDP and a 7 ml pure perfume.

Sandalwood Amber Incense Mint Rum

She Came to Stay

Atlantic Fragrance Reviews

Wow a fourth major let down from this company. They really are living up to their name "invisible". Of the four I have tried..they have all pretty much disappeared within the hour.
None of them so far have had any weight to them.

So this is the 1st Masculine fragrance of theirs I have tried.

It opens with what smells like an aromatic cedarwood, not sandalwood. There's a twinge of something that smells like sharp smoke (if that's at all possible), and then the mint smells like eucalyptus more than anything, or menthol.

This is a weird combination which I'm not liking. Not because it's unusual, I don't mind unusual, it's just a weird combo that's not sitting well with me.

It's quite a cold smelling fragrance, little bit icy from the mint/menthol, but it's mainly aromatic/cedarwood that I can smell.

The sandalwood appear stronger as it's drying's not anything to shout about. Oh..and where was the rum?

From what I understand, Strange Invisible Perfumes' fragrances are hand blended, so I wouldn't be surprised if sometimes there's a slight variation among batches of the same fragrance. I try not to get distracted by batch variations, but I'm pointing this out because I had two kind of different experiences with Atlantic--though in the end I enjoyed both and would recommend either version.

The sample of Atlantic that I received featured a sharp, aggressive citrus in the opening, made quite bracing and uplifting by a very cool English peppermint note. The peppermint is mild in its minty-ness, but strong in texture, particularly the cold quality and fresh aspect that it lends to the citrus, and ultimately the rest of the fragrance. It conjures the impression of a rough, chilly wind, quite possibly...on the Atlantic. This icy, bracing accord persisted for some time, and was refreshing and energizing--a great way to start things off. Eventually it settled into a mild incense and sandalwood heart, a bit on the austere side, though retaining some citrus from the opening, before trailing off into a light amber-based skin scent. The duration of the scent occurred over 6 hours more or less. I thoroughly enjoyed this sample, and found it was a great scent to wear to work, to put on early in the morning, wake up and start the day.

The second version of Atlantic was the one I got upon purchasing a bottle. It was similar to the first, but a little darker and definitely on the warmer side. The icy, bracing citrus and peppermint from the opening was toned down, and in place there were more robust sandalwood and incense notes. All very smooth, well-blended, and of an obviously high quality. This version had a better drydown--a heartier amber, warm and just a tiny bit sweet. However, I missed the bright, lively, bracing blast of the opening that I had experienced with the sample. Where did it go?

Atlantic is a a good fragrance that leaves the impression of a classic masculine. On the mature side, it has solid projection and longevity and lends something of a professional air to the wearer. I use it often. But I can't help but feel a little disappointed that the bottle I purchased lacks that particular "oomph" that was present in the sample I tried first. Now I kind of understand how people feel when their favorite scent is reformulated and loses something from the original--we still enjoy it, but can't help but think about what was, and what could have been.

So to conclude, I recommend sampling this. What you get will probably be something between my two descriptions above--and it would still be a great fragrance. However, if you decide to buy a bottle, be aware that what you receive might be a smidgin different than what you had first tried.

I love this stuff! The box says something about a well-traveled man's voyage across the Atlantic. I wonder if that's why when I first spray, I swear I smell an old wooden ship. Maybe a haunted one! It is woody with a base of sweet amber incense. It is marketed to men, but it wears beautifully on my skin.

I noticed something unique that turned out to be mint. The packaging mentions English Peppermint. Thankfully it doesn't smell like toothpaste or cleaning products but adds an interesting facet to an otherwise typical amber/woody perfume. That's quite an accomplishment! I've never smelled mint this natural in a perfume.

I will wear it happily, but I am realizing more and more how sexy this would be on a man! Great perfume for being all-natural!

(Commentary: They have reformulated since I first wrote this, and it sounds like the more current version is nothing like my bottle!)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Strange Invisible Perfumes Atlantic fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Strange Invisible Perfumes Atlantic, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Atlantic by Strange Invisible Perfumes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Atlantic by Strange Invisible Perfumes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.