Designers » R S » Floral « Groups

Child Perfume Susan D. Owens for women

Child Perfume Susan D. Owens for women
dislike

tuberose

Child Perfume is very popular among the actresses in Hollywood, possessing an enigmatic power and confidence. Child is an extremely personal fragrance, blending the exotic flowers and jasmine, aromatic and romantic.

It is available in bottles of 60 ml, mini roll on perfume and accompanying collection for body care. Child Perfume was launched in 1990. The nose behind this fragrance is Susan D. Owens.

Vanilla Lilac Magnolia Citruses

Jasmine Tuberose Violet

Musk Rose Mimosa Woodsy Notes

Lolavie
Pikake
Baby Grace

Child Perfume Fragrance Reviews

lmlovespapa

auric blends Jasmine perfume oil smells identical to child but dare I say even better and for the price u can't beat it.

june7rose
june7rose

Pikake, musk, and a citrus top note. It's a gorgeous white floral with a beachy feel, and very heady. For some reason pikake is the only floral men seem to love! I've worn it from time to time, and it's worth the money.

Zlatelinka
Zlatelinka

Well,I was very curious how it smells,in order to have such a celebrity cult following. So I just blind bought it...and hopefully it'll justifies its price :P

lmlovespapa

zenbabylove is 10000% right get the Kuumba pikake jasmine and save your money they are identical

Lexxy
Lexxy

Hmmm I really think the "hype" is mostly clever marketing. Because to me Child oil is nothing special. It's mainly clean Pikake and in the dry down I get a soapy almost like baby shampoo thing. I also get this odd synthetic vibe to it that I don't get from natural essential oils. After having worn it I find it hard to believe men go crazy over this. I've smelled better Pikake oils for a lot less $$$, that are deeper, warmer (without being too dirty) and softer. This one is more soapy. For me it needs more vanilla, sweet white musk, or sweet white sandalwood. Won't repurchase.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

It is a very refreshing spring/summer fragrance. I like the concept of the roller ball fragrance oil. It's got some power to it initially and stays as well. I like this so much in fact that I may look into the fragrance oil the poster below mentioned. This fragrance is totally non offensive, young and old can wear it alike. I can see me wearing this in the hot summer months as the sun and heat would bring out the beauty even more. Grab this one if you can find it at a discount price as it is rather costly.

lmlovespapa

this is a CLEAN musky jasmine....smells like Philosophy amazing grace with some pikake jasmine added to the mix very GOOD.

zenbabylove

Kuumba Made "Pikaki Lei" oil which you can get at Whole Foods is the twin sister to Child,for those not wanting to spend big bucks! Pikaki Lei is under $10.00 and is a bit softer (a good thing) but side by side these two frags are clones....

zenbabylove

Child is definitely an enigma!

I must say,I like it but I don't love it enough to spend
another $60.00 for a small bottle.It has a big celebrity following.

I'm more of a Kai girl,which is another celebrity cult favorite
In a tiny white oil bottle that smells of clean,crisp soft
Gardenia.

Child is more Jasmine.

If I smell it directly from the bottle,it's way too sharp and goes right to my head!

But then..on the skin I get a blast of Coppertone lotion,followed by loud Jasmine,
within a few minutes it goes smoky vanilla incense on me! sweeter than I expected.
That's how it stays: sweet vanilla incense

I will use the bottle but stick with Kai

ultracat
ultracat

This is my guilty pleasure perfume. It's really cool that it's an indie scent, but it's a pretty one-dimensional white floral that doesn't change in the drydown. And after hearing John Mayer going off about how much he looooved Child, then smelling it on countless bubbleheaded ditzes, I put my bottle away out of shame. It just didn't seem sophisticated enough for someone over 30 to wear, you know? This was sad because it's a really beautiful fragrance - sexy, long-lasting, with just the right amount of sillage.

I was therefore very happy when I moved to Japan and discovered that Child was pretty much unknown here. So I can wear it without worry of anyone's preconceptions. And the compliments! My dentist, strangers on the train, even a young friend who would grab my arm and pull me close because she said she loved the smell so much. (I ended up gifting her a bottle on her birthday.) I have both the oil and the spray. They're both nice, but I prefer the oil.

Sjdaugherty

Got my sample of this today. Its a beautiful , long lasting fragrance. All I am smelling though is jasmine jasmine jasmine and a little musk. I wo t be purchasing at this time(I dont think) only becayse it is extremely summery to me. But I wont forget this and will be wearing next spring and summer, well thats my story for now!!! :-) We shall see if I can actually hold out!!!

blondeambitioned
blondeambitioned

For those who love this perfume but are not willing to shell out the $$$$, Kuumba Made Pikake Lei fragrance oil is a dead-ringer for this stuff and is a mere $8.99.

Sjdaugherty

I have ordered my sample of this...soooo excited to try!!!!!

So today I wore the infamous Child, a favourite amongst many celebrities including, Madonna, Britney Spears, Khloe Kardashian, Lindsay Lohan, Tori Spelling and Jennifer Aniston. Is it a favourite with my not-so-famous self? Only time will tell.

Child Perfume opens very much like your typical, dew-fresh white floral with dominant notes of jasmine and tuberose. It lacked originality, so I concluded that its popularity must have something to do with the way it wears on the skin.

Indeed it is very beautiful on the skin. The musk note tends to soften the floral accords, transforming Child Perfume into an intimate, somewhat suggestive skin-scent. On my skin, it smells of musky jasmine with a light dusting of sand. An odd description I know, but really quite apt and true.

Child Perfume's cult following is understandable, however I'm a little put off by the expensive price tag. Child Perfume is rather like Kai, both similar in scent and far too expensive for your average consumer.

Jennie Garth famously claimed that Child Perfume "drives men wild!" I put it under my boyfriend's nose and nothing happened, he just stared blankly back at me. Well, that test definitely failed. I wouldn't call it sexy, but I would recommend Child Perfume for the warmer weather, maybe even for a trip to the beach.

kjpjlovecats
kjpjlovecats

I love this perfume! The body cream has to be the very best perfume cream on the planet! It goes on thick and cfeamy but dries light without any greasy feeling. Most perfume creams are either watery or not enough to actually moisturize. I know Susan and she is amazing! If you like floral perfumes, this one is a must!!

isabella211
isabella211

So, you know how when there's a hype about a perfume and then you smell it and you don't get it and then years later you revisit it and still don't get it, but are ready to try and see, for reals this time, what all the fuss is about? Ya, that's Child in a nut shell for me.

Well this internal war story has a very happy ending, in fact, it's quite unexpected. Just the other day, I made my way to Fred Segal, went straight for this oil, put it on, then went to the beach. Remarkably, the initial Jasmine accord (which is actually lovely, but not much a man pleaser) turns into I-don't-even-know-what. It's like soap, meets fairies and they dance and sing and sprinkle you with their magic dust, forcing you to betray your set in its way nose, and completely fall in love. I don't know how it's possible, but it happened and now I get it. It's so multifaceted, it literally morphs into 3 separate perfumes. Jasmine, pure and beautiful, but only for a few minutes. Then onto soap and beach, with something sharp and enticing (I can't help but compare it to J LO Glow at this phase, which is the dominant phase) and finally, finishing with the most amazing incense-y skin musk with a hint of sweet Amber. The dry-down is what I live for. I do believe there must be a bit of crack in there too somewhere, because I find myself addicted. When I'm not wearing it, my nose can smell it and I immediately ache for it.

But all of this aside, what it really comes down to, for me, is how it makes me feel. Its a truly empowering scent. Unlike any other scent I own. I feel like the sexiest, prettiest, most interesting girl alive. I am bewitching and mesmerizing and nothing is out of my reach. That's some powerful stuff, evoked by one little vial of oil, one cannot ignore. So, naturally, after my day at the beach, went back to the shop, bought the damn charmer and now we're in love. The end.

butterbean
butterbean

Agreed.. Child is mainly a soliflore of Pikake a variety of jasmin known as Jasminum Sambac. It is also called Sampaguita (the national flower of the Philippines).

Child is a perfume oil, that is why it comes in rollerball. When in contact with the skin it warms and the scent intensifies.

This variety of jasmin is fresh, tropical, and very sweet. If there are other notes in Child they are over taken by the jasmin pikake. If you want to save yourself some money.

Buy TerraNova Pikake perfume essence it is $16.50 and you will pretty much have the same scent - seriously!!

Also: The picture shows a spray. Child does not come in a spray. The spray was a limited release. It is sold in a Rollerball. Rollerball has become very popular, and the Child is only sold in rollerball. But I think its important to point out -- that every person has a multitude of bacteria growing on their skin at all times, coupled with oil secretions, sweat, and dead skin cells. All of which is pulled into the perfume by the rollerball and over time it will RUIN the perfume and make it turn. So if you are not going to use a perfume a LOT and it comes only in rollerball and its this expensive-- don't get it you may regret it -- unless you use it up quickly.

myolderbrother
myolderbrother

I don't get jasmine, I get pikake. It was the flower my wedding lei was made out of, & I recognized it instantly in this (as well as in Jennifer Aniston's perfume). If you like pikake or want to know what Hawaiian pikake smells like, give this a try!

mrsriley
mrsriley

as a lover of jasmin i'm dying to try this perfume..does anyone know where i can source some from..i'm in the uk..

meowtow
meowtow

My friend's mom gave the rollerball version to her: absolutely wonderful. I like scents that are less complicated, and definitely the jasmine is the main attraction here. It's sickening to the people who dislike sweet floral scents but I love them. Lasts for a very long time on skin.

pingui
pingui

I too bought a sample of this to compare against the obvious JA fragrance. Let's start off and say that the only thing this fragrance has in common with JA is that they both have the same variety of Jasmine in it. That's it. Child is pretty much a soliflore of Jasmine. (If there are other nuances, they do not present themselves on my skin, nor do I get a pyramid as the day progresses).

This Jasmine is heady and sweet smelling, no negative indolic compounds here. While this fragrance is lovely, I much prefer the Jasmine featured in Serge Lutens A la Nuit.

As for JA's fragrance, I think she was inspired by this, probably having smelled it and/or worn it, but she asked for a more complicated scent. It's just a shame that the formulation was not as high quality as the venerable House of Guerlain would have made it.

laura.fopiano
laura.fopiano

One of my all around go to, when I don't know what to wear, fragrances. It's a lovely floral with out being overly powerful or sweet. On my skin, the dry down is a soft incense like smell.

Perfect for spring or summer, yet I wear it year round.

Karen.M.OShaughnessy
Karen.M.OShaughnessy

I bought a small sample online & although I've worn it a few times, it's too intense for my tastes.

To my nose CHILD is a clean, resinous, very natural, and very potent jasmine perfume. I was actually surprised at how simple the composition is, given the hype. CHILD has the big volume diva quality of FRACAS but without all the complexity and with none of the tuberose. I think that this analogy sums up the story best:

KAI:gardenia::CHILD:jasmine

I really find this to be nearly a jasmine soliflore, but a very clean and clear, non-indolic one. There is no real darkness or grassiness in this composition, in contrast to many other jasmine perfumes I've tried. I like CHILD very much, but it is only for people who have a high tolerance for high-volume, rather intense white floral perfumes.

I disagree with the comparisons to Jennifer Aniston's perfume. CHILD is much more natural smelling and does not have any sort of industrial cleaning product edge whatsoever.

Juicyjersey
Juicyjersey

Every time I wear this, I always get compliments and they wonder what I am wearing. Philosophy has similar scent but don't last long, Jennifer Aniston new fragrance is similar scent with this original. They must have put pheromone ..... Love this Child... Been with child since it came out...love it. Nothing can compare with this, they try to imitate the scent.

brewelexa
brewelexa

I, along with many, headed over to Fred Segal in Santa Monica to experience this scentsation and during the time of an almost bygone era where I'd spend hours on myself, Child seemed like a simple fragrance that one could wear that would make others get the impression that I did not spend hours on myself!

What can I say? I bought it, wore it, loved it, and remember it. A very developing fragrance that all could wear because the layering aspect of what was used beneath was so easily blended.

From your bath to your shower to your lotions and creams, Child was so easily and readily accepted on your skin and there's something so nice, innocent, and sexy about feeling "natural" during the nineties (and early millennium) when one got soooo dressed up just to go grab a bite to eat.

i love it. its soft floral and powdery. i don't find this overwhelming or too strong at all. i do find it long-lasting tho. this actually reminds me of kenneth cole black without the awful cod-liver oil smell at dry down. it is oily, but makes your skin feel so soft and smooth, not greasy. 1 or 2 sprays of this goes a long way and lasts about 5 hrs on me. this is relaxing, soft and lovely. you'll be surrounded by elegent white flowers all day.
edit-2/2/13
just for the record. this does come in spray because i have/had it. i just used the last of it yesterday at work.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

In the beginning this perfume oil is a very strong, slightly indolic jasmine with a root beer note. It then starts down the generic white flowers path, adding a bit of gardenia and citrus and orange blossom. As the scent develops on the skin, it produces a huge cloud of sweet, flouncy, candied sillage that’s clearly jasmine-based, but thankfully it’s not a jasmine soliflore.

Instead of fading, the sillage continues to grow, developing a harsh edge that subsides after an hour or so. For a white flower perfume, it’s not bad at all, and seems perfect for a hot, sunny day in LA. However, given that jasmine and white flowers are one of my least favorite genres, it’s doubtful that I would wear this very often.

I would caution anyone trying Child that it’s super-strong, so use only in well-ventilated areas. A single tiny dab will permeate your surroundings in at least a 200-meter radius, and will probably stay behind for at least an hour everywhere you go. It lasts a good 8 hours or more on skin. If you plan to go out in public, apply it at least 1-2 hours beforehand so as not to asphyxiate anyone.

caitlina
caitlina

I was curious about this scent partly because so many celebrities wear it...I like it a lot. The lastingt power is OK but could be better for something so expensive. The smell is really pleasant though, but I have no idea how to describe it.

GracedeMonaco
GracedeMonaco

I bought this because of all the positive feeback I read about it from Hollywood's "elite", if you will. I'm a Jasmine girl and this is definitely a "white" scent...lots of Jasmine and, I've been told, some Gardenia comes out on me. I have the roll-on and I pretty much wear this every day. It's nice & subtle yet very pretty. A little strong when you first put it on but SO pretty in the drydown. This is one that's definitely worth the price! Try it...you'll love it!

blair
blair

I would bathe in this scent if possible! This delicious perfume/ oil is heaven to the nose! While rather pricey, I believe it is definitely well worth it!

adele l
adele l

A very soft, clean, almost powdery jasmine. Seems to have good sillage and staying power too while being very gentle. I'd say the name is appropriate-it actually smells innocent!

guest_Classic

I was taken back by John Mayer's comment about Child perfume in Rolling Stone recently,and that is why I felt compelled to write today about Child! His comments
were so unique and truly innocent,
and it made me understand more the magic of Child.

guest_Classic

Never have I found a perfume
that is beyond description,
except for Child,
it has to be experienced.
The name is precious.

spoiledpretty
spoiledpretty

A Really Lovely Perfume!I have got in it the Large and Small Sizes (Roll Ons)My Partners also loves the smell of this wonderful scent!VERY Expensive and Hard To Find Now days!

Contessa01
Contessa01

Im so glad its on the database now yay! This is one of my favorites! Very soft an fresh. Jennie Garth calls it a "man magnet". It reminds me a little bit of Pure Grace?? but with more Jasmine. I highly recommend this if you want a young fresh smell.

Blonde Gypsy
Blonde Gypsy

A absolute favorite! Out of all my fragrances, this is the one ive recieved endless compliments. It is relaxing and extremely sexy! It is definentally a scent catcher with the men....the jasmine is completely soft and fresh. I cherish my oil and use it sparingly due to the expensive price...but its the BEST!

Child Perfume by Susan D. Owens 4.43 out of 5 based on 92 ratings and 37 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Susan D. Owens Child Perfume fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Susan D. Owens Child Perfume, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Child Perfume by Susan D. Owens. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Child Perfume by Susan D. Owens represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.