Designers » R S » Oriental Floral « Groups

Promise Me Susan G. Komen for the Cure for women

Promise Me Susan G. Komen for the Cure for women
dislike

Promise Me Susan G. Komen for the Cure for women Pictures Promise Me Susan G. Komen for the Cure for women Pictures

Organization and global breast cancer movement Susan G. Komen for the Cure presents the Promise Me perfume, named after the eponymous book from the author Nancy Brinker, the organization’s founder and sister of the late Susan Komen. The name signifies a promise that Nancy gave to her sister - a promise that she will do her best to end the suffering caused by breast cancer. The fragrance is a new way to rise founds needed to increase awareness, to benefit prevention and treatment of this disease.

"My sister was always passionate about fragrance. She had a great fashion sense", says Nancy Brinker about the inspiration for this project.

The perfume composition, which was developed by Jean-Claude Delville , is a sophisticated oriental floral with notes of mandarin, bergamot, blood orange, aldehydes, black currant, peony, wild orchid, rosewood, white patchouli and musk. Chad Lavigne signes the pink glass bottle and packaging design.

Promise Me will be available from April to October 2011 in two versions - 100 ml Eau de Toilette at the price of $ 29.99 and a 100 ml Eau de Parfum, which costs $ 59.00. Each fragrance will feature a Komen for the Cure informational insert to raise breast cancer awareness, as well as a limited edition scented bracelet with a Susan G. Komen charm.

Bergamot Blood Orange Mandarin Orange Aldehydes Patchouli Black Currant Peony Orchid Musk

Promise Me Fragrance Reviews

mariyka
mariyka

Personally, this was a "no brainer" purchase for me. And, as I love "the unusual", the fragrance appealed to me. Please give this mix a chance, as I haven't found anything like it. Sisters, (and brothers), reality check: support the cause. Peace.

lazuluna
lazuluna

I bought it for the "Cure" cause but I don't like it at all. I gave it to a friend who always likes what I don't.

nataliebf
nataliebf

This was a blind buy from Marshall's. I got a large 3.4oz bottle for $14.99. It's wearable but nothing to write home about...to me the scent is just okay but for the price I can't complain. Unfortunately, I would not repurchase.

Jennifer555
Jennifer555

This reminds me of Britney Spears Believe. It's light and non offensive. It's a pretty safe fragrance that would appeal to most. It's not very exciting, but it is a simple fresh and fruity floral. I will wear it around the house and possibly to the gym. I agree with the others that it smells like a cologne.

phia143
phia143

I bought this perfume at ross for a really good price and its the EDP but i agree w/the other reviews it does smell like a mans cologne. Its unopened so I'm going to take it bk its really manly. I thought w/the fruits and the floral it would be a feminine scent but i was wong.

wowgirl
wowgirl

I agree with k3ll3y, I'm undecided about this fragrance. It starts off smelling good and somewhat intriguing, but then it starts to turn me off at the drydown. And it does smell somewhat masculine at times-a turn-off as well. It's for a good cause, so at least my money didn't go completely to waste.

juicemaven
juicemaven

This is a nice floral that ends in a soft musk. Longevity is about 6 hrs on me. Not oriental in any sense to my nose and I really did not detect the aldehyde. Must be lost in the musk. Not masculine at all imo. Just a nice office/daytime sent. My husband was with me when I tested and bought this one. He likes it too. Not a wow-ser. Just nice and sweet.

K3ll3Y
K3ll3Y

This scent has a lot of personality. It changes in that it starts out very strong of fruit and then turns soapy and finally settles to a musk. It doesn't last as long in the final stages when I find myself catching a whif on my wrist.

I can't decide if I like this or not. At times it smells masculine - maybe it's the musk.

this is fresher than an oriental, not as heavy. this is more fruity/floral, with the emphasis more on floral. a good day scent, but not too long lasting, maybe an hour or so. this came in a reasonably priced gift set. i bought 2, 1 for a friend at work's birthday also. a nice unoffensive scent and a nice gift, for a good cause. thumbs up.

Promise Me by Susan G. Komen for the Cure 3.29 out of 5 based on 24 ratings and 9 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Susan G. Komen for the Cure Promise Me fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Susan G. Komen for the Cure Promise Me, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Promise Me by Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Promise Me by Susan G. Komen for the Cure represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.