Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

01 Le Maroc Pour Elle Tauer Perfumes for women

01 Le Maroc Pour Elle Tauer Perfumes for women
dislike

01 Le Maroc Pour Elle Tauer Perfumes for women Pictures 01 Le Maroc Pour Elle Tauer Perfumes for women Pictures 01 Le Maroc Pour Elle Tauer Perfumes for women Pictures 01 Le Maroc Pour Elle Tauer Perfumes for women Pictures 01 Le Maroc Pour Elle Tauer Perfumes for women Pictures

Le Maroc Pour Elle is the first fragrance by Andy Tauer. The oriental woody composition is heavy and passionate, composed of citrus aromatic top notes (mandarin and lavender), Moroccan rose and jasmine in the heart, and Atlas cedar and balm notes in the base. 01 Le Maroc Pour Elle was launched in 2005.

Mandarin Orange Lavender

Moroccan Rose Jasmine

Atlas Cedar Sandalwood Patchouli Wood resin

01 Le Maroc Pour Elle Fragrance Reviews

polly golightly
polly golightly

magnifico, un profumo da mille e una notte, opulento, sordido, assolutamente mediorientale. all'inizio sembra un accordo basato sui fiori d'arancio e gelsomino, intossicamente, quasi sporco, poi inizia il viaggio attraverso resine e spezie, assai balsamico, molto complesso, con qualche punta di rosa, fino all'assestamento su patchouli e benzoino. è un liquido scuro, quindi attenzione ai vestiti, quasi liquoroso, veramente notevole. ottimo.

arrode
arrode

This was one of the fragrances I ordered in my 5-fragrance sampler pack from Andy Tauer. This is very unusual when it opens. Strongly floral, a bit bitter, almost not enjoyable. It dries down to the most beautiful ambery/vanilla with a hint of rose. The opening is a bit strong and made me worry this wouldn't be a versatile fragrance, but after a few hours it mellows down significantly. Very sweet and feminine.

A warning: the fragrance liquid is an ambery reddish-brown and will stain your skin and clothing. I had issues where the areas I sprayed with the perfume ended up looking like bruises on my fair skin. I'd imagine this would definitely stain light-colored clothing.

RubyBirdy
RubyBirdy

This fragrance is like nothing I've ever smelled before. Throughout its entire development, but especially at the start, there is a strong smell that I can only describe as a mix of sweaty leather and carrots with maybe a touch of tuberose. It is simultaneously attractive and repulsive. But -crucially - it is interesting. It made me want to see where it all goes. Maybe it's just my sample or just my nose - from reading the reviews here, I expected a very blatant rose-jasmine mix, maybe something like Kerosene's Dirty Flower Factory (which I adore). But I can't think of any fragrance that smells like this. Not at all.

I can see this fragrance being polarizing, but unlike other self-consciously weird perfumes, this is actually wearable. This is exactly what I want niche perfumery to do - give me new and interesting smells I can't find elsewhere. A little dab goes a long way, but be careful as it will stain.

Excellent stuff!

zaetown
zaetown

Tauer is known for those fragrances that you have to wait for the drydown before you experience its true beauty. Wearing this for the first 30 mins or was a bit challenging but not overwhelming.

After an hour or so this really smells wonderful. The combination of resins, rose, and lavender really stand out to me and my wife really enjoys this on me but like most my fragrances she enjoys on me she often will enjoy on herself also.

Performance is pretty good. Projects like a beast and last about 10hrs with close to 6 houra of projection.

Overall 7/10

kateapple
kateapple

As much as I appreciate the creations of Andy Tauer, this fragrance does not suit me in the slightest. I dislike lavender in perfumes, so if you aren't keen on lavender, I'd stay away from this one. What I thought looked to me a promising scent (sans the lavender note) was completely taken apart by the lavender. The opening is harsh, medicinal, and astringent. A really pleasant spicy, resinous accord is tagging alongside this almost chemical-smelling bitterness, but it can't keep up. I love jasmine as well as resins, so I was hoping for a deep, sensuous scent. Instead I found it to be biting and unkind. As it started to dry down, it became less sharp, but the lavender/patchouli combo gave the whole scent a smell that I can only describe as medicinal incense. After that affair was over and the scent dried down completely, I was disappointed to find that while the scent was no longer biting or harsh, it was still very unpleasant on me. On me, the drydown is extremely soapy. Very creamy, quite like there's tuberose in there somewhere, mixed with some indescribable spice notes. I don't mind rich, creamy scents, and I certainly love spices, but the soapiness of it makes it feel disconcerting. All in all, this one isn't a winner for me.

magnifiscent111
magnifiscent111

I think this is a very interesting perfume. It might almost be to extreme in both projection and strength. And longevity too. But I prefer that to the opposite and I find most of the Tauer Perfumes acting in a similar way as this one. A woody oriental that takes me to other places, I´ll try it a few more times and I´ll try to figure out which those places are...

Gwizz
Gwizz

Did someone say pour elle? Sorry, what was that? Haha. Nope, this was Tauer redemption day for me (after a slightly less than inspiring Orange Star experience).
Le Maroc is a true beauty. The Moroccan rose is obviously the prime mover here, but for me it's the patchouli that lights the lights. This is a classic example of the "wait for the dry down" phenomenon. It's a bit in your face initially, the (surprisingly sexy) lavender and mandarin combo come on a bit strong & bawdy, but...cometh the dry down, cometh the mind boggle! The patch & some resin/incense team up with the rose and that ripping Tauer sandalwood to whisk me straight back to those late 80's Melbourne head shops faster than if I had a flux capacitor hard wired to my medulla oblongata! Those places were exciting, edgy and slightly risqué for a young man back in the day & clearly the scent memory has stuck around!
This might not sound too classy to y'all, but that's just an impression I get when I smell this in the dry down phase. This truly is a classy woody incense/rose scent for the ages. Ignore the fact this is designated feminine please, it's totally wearable by all and sundry. A real gem that's bound to find it's way on to my shelf in FB form one day!

I'm not really sure why I never reviewed this perfume before--well, except that my sample was MIA for a long, long time. I certainly wore it before and rated it at 80% somewhere else. Le Maroc pour elle struck me today as very earthy and natural smelling to the point where I would have guessed that it was an all natural perfume. In fact, it reminds me a lot of one of the Matriarch perfumes.

I was absolutely sure that the dominant floral in this composition was marigold/tagetes, but that is not listed among the notes, so I am guessing that something about the resin mingling with the floral essences creates a scent very similar to the distinctive marigold demeanor.

I do like this perfume a lot and find it interesting that it was Andy Tauer's first! Very rich and fatty feeling--it seems almost caloric, if that makes any sense. Which is not to say that this is a gourmand or sweet scent--it is not. But it is very, very dense and dark and powerful.

Lana148
Lana148

Opens strong with vintage feel to it and clears up to honey sweet jasmine mixed with some Indian spice/incense smell. Lavender and patchouli make it feel herbal. For some reason the fragrance feels tarnished, but in a good way.

ras.kel.5
ras.kel.5

Heavy, medicinal patchouli. It smells too much like a head shop, not for me.

StarSpectra
StarSpectra

I am probably not the best person to for this task but I'll give it a go.

I originally bought L'air du desert Marocain blind and really liked it but I wanted something just a tad bit more feminine. It took LuckyScent several tries to get me a sample of Le Maroc Pour Elle. Why did I wait for a sample, well because this website has it as an oriental floral and the word floral is frightening to me. I like scents that are slightly feminine or have implied femininity but all out floral/fruity scents are waaaay too girly for me. With orientals I never know how floral floral is going to be.

Well the sample arrived today and of course I tried it and it was perfect. I immediately decided to order a bottle which would entitle me to 3 free samples. This decision was going to take some time but I had my new Le Maroc Pour Elle to entertain me. As time passed the floral quitted a bit and the spices woke up as I expected but all was good. I could smell this stuff forever.

I then got involved in selecting my free samples and before I knew it I was in dry down. When I took a whiff of my wrist I thought “OMG I can’t believe it”. I had the Ides of March from Portland, Oregon right there on my wrist. The Ides of March was a head shop I frequented back in ‘72/’73. As soon as you opened the shop door you were hit with a fragrance that was absolutely wonderful. The inside of the shop was all done in wood. They sold custom handmade leather products made right there in the shop. They had incense, attars and oils from all over the world. They had tapestries and Persian rugs for sell as well. And of course they sold things that did not smell. I always found going there such an olfactory treat.

Not only has Le Maroc Pour Elle turned out to be a fragrance I love but it can provide me with a bit of time travel as well.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

Sticky, intense authentic eastern incense. This feels to me like a perfumer's perfume, it's quite a journey to wear it!

Le Maroc Pour Elle reminds me of Nag Champa Indian Incense in dry down. On opening be warned, a reasonably generous application will be quite overwhelming! It's also very musky - mostly a heavy honey/urinous note, maybe castoreum? (I was reminded of the pavements outside a public toilet in Greece circa 86)

It's also quite sweet, and I compared it to a very rich jasmine incense at home, this is sweeter, very resinous and heavy, heavy, heavy.

I'd describe it as very rich brown or russet if it were a colour - very suited to dark or chilly Autumn days.

I had too much on before going to bed, so washed it off my arm, but it remained on my sleeve and when I woke the next day it was as though I'd spent the night in an incense filled temple.

It's a little too much for me, Tauer perfumes often are. Yet, the quality and longevity are excellent.
Perhaps one to bring out in Autumn again.

A couple of dabs are all you need (I see I've used the word 'very' several times, it is, VERY)

pravda48
pravda48

Indolic jasmins incense. If Lutens' Sarrasins was an incense stick this would be the scent. Sure it's oversimplified but that's the essence of my impression. Not for me.

raw umber
raw umber

Le Maroc Pour Elle is an environment. It is more like the spectrum of nuances which combine to form the interior scent of someone's home than something I would like to cloak myself in. That said, I bet there is someone out there somewhere who already smells like this naturally, because people do tend to smell like their homes to a degree. This is unquestionably the most evocative and poetic perfume I have smelled in a very long time.

I get the sweet freshness of laundered clothes lying folded on the bed of a bohemian lady in her late 50's early 60's. There is some powdered laundry soap remaining on the top of her washing machine, and late afternoon light streaming through the windows. Her home is filled with eclectic art and furniture, and nothing matches but everything is tasteful, neat, and it all seems to fit together seamlessly. Every surface and object here is imbued with soft woody-jasmine incense, and a natural cast of intimacy, sadness, and calm, but without any musk or skank. This fragrance is by NO means stale, but it is lived in.

This is what La Vie est Belle should have smelled like if the name and the perfume were going to match. Words don't cut it.

Thank you to the lovely Vie Cafe for my sample.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

for the best review of this perfume and a fun read, I suggest reading these 3 reviewers (who are all in a row, for some magical reason!):

rickyrebarco, sweetnspicey, kxnaiades.

I really have nothing to add. Spot on!

nero77
nero77

Wow! Opens up very sweet and medicinal. Like an incredibly rich and sweet resin.

For me I get a huge "cough syrup" vibe. The juice is a dark, ambery, resin-like colour, almost like an extrait. It has immense strength on the opening, but later the notes dry down to give an incredibly rich, authentic spicy-sweet jasmine, almost like an oil.

Overall, a wonderfully rich an opulent fragrance. Completely evocative of Morocco. But at the same time incredibly strong on the opening, which can really put people off.

Make no mistake, when you first test this you WILL smell like cough syrup! Very sweet, rich and medicinal. Upon dry down, the patchouli resin base is what remains, with a notable, ever-present aroma of real jasmine which lingers. Always try first, but I can't deny it's incredible beauty as a fragrance.

oilizer
oilizer

This scent reminds me of Guerlain's L'Heure Bleue and Creed's Royal Scottish Lavender. The former, from the floral notes (jasmin, rose and maybe lavender) and the latter, from lavender and sandalwood. On my skin, it starts with sweet, almost fruit-like floral jasmin with lavender for slight oomph, and resin and rose to soften the scent which provides that soft buttery feel of irish that L'HB has. Over time, the sweet irish like feel recedes and woods, especially sandalwood, peeks through to give a sharp dry drydown. The lavender scent has unusual life time in this fragrance which I am guessing is just residual jasmin mixed with sandalwood and not lavender itself.

It's a nice scent, but not my cup of tea since I prefer scent that's grossly linear, and strong dry/spicy sandalwood gives me headache.

9-na
9-na

A present. Wore it, enjoyed it. The scent reminded me that of Poison, the Hypnotic one, but Le Maroc was blooming softer on me, tenderer, like a version of Poison that grew kinder and had teeth, but didn't want to bite.

Roses and Spices
Roses and Spices

Oriental and woody and yet sweet and very feminine. This scent can take you a long way from home into strange and foreign lands. But oh boy is this strong. A tricky one as it starts out too sweet and overpowering on me. It's then lovely for an hour or two and then the rose and jasmin kicks in - a lot! At this point I find it all a little too sweet for me. However it is worth trying this perfume because if it suits your skin type and you have an exotic nature then it will probably become your signature scent.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I love this scent. It dries down on your skin to a lovely incensy "stick with you" wonderful deep scent that you want to keep smelling forever. However, do be careful not to stick your nose in it when you first spray it on. This fragrance develops on your skin so wait for it. The topnotes are of hot camel and sweaty camel driver carrying spices to market. I rather like those notes myself. I love animal smells-horses, cattle and camels, bring it on! And the right sweaty man can be fantastic also.

But just thought some of you who do not like those scents should be warned to wait for the drydown before you go for a big sniff. The drydown is a delicious dry incense that reminds me a lot of L'Air de Desert Morocain, but is more intensely spicy and less desert-like than L'Air. Le Maroc pour Elle is a more intimate scent.

AveParfum
AveParfum

So divine, so very divine. I tested and bought this after L'Air du Desert Marocain, and I think I like this even better. It's a strange mix of incense from the shops on Haight (good call Kris143max) and exhaust from the laundromat. That being said, not everyone is going to want to smell like that, and I understand completely. It's the same way some people don't mind smelling like chocolate, but I do. Gimme incense any day!

Being San Franciscan, LMPE is perfect for casual days. In fact, people will probably just assume I was burning incense at home and will never even think to ask what perfume I'm wearing. Maybe for some this is elegant, sexy, dressy, but in San Francisco this smells like you partied all night and just rolled out of bed. Fine by me!

Incense here is a lovely blend of rose, jasmine, and sandalwood incense sticks. It's all somewhat sweet, but not cloyingly so. I think the lavender laundry detergent scent adds freshness and upliftment. I haven't read the other reviews yet, but I wonder if am I the only one who smells some kind of sugary candy too, like pink rock crystal candy?

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

Initially I very gingerly applied a small amount of my spray sample. Within the same morning I have basically used up my sample. NOT because it's weak but because it's just sheer pleasure having this on from the first notes to the drydown. Tauer is a genius and although I've gushed about a few perfumes here, I've not used that word on another perfumer as yet. Can something be soft yet voluminous, sweet yet spicy? This is. Never have I been able to do a "blind tasting" of a perfume and get all the notes correct in this beautiful symphony. The first burst may be off-putting for some with its strong incense and woody notes, but it calms down and becomes a smooth as aged cognac composition of floral, woody and balmy notes. In San Francisco, my favourite place to drift along was in Haight Ashbury. It's vibrant colours and interesting individuals so carefree and comfortable in their own skins made me want to ditch my secure life in a rigid society back home. This perfume reminds me of those streets. NOT because it smells like hippies or incense-sticks (seriously if there's incense sticks out there that smells as good and rich as this perfume, I want it), but because of the serenity yet sensuality of this perfume. A very wearable perfume, whether black-tie or in high-tops, it will leave other scents around you to wither away in shame. Some have termed this masculine but for me it nestles very well in the unisex, leaning towards feminine (this comes from one who adores powdery feminine scents on a regular basis). This ranks next to my highly-lauded bottle of Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens (for many years it ranked alone in the Oriental group, IMO). Now I must try L'Air Du Desert Marocain, to see if it gives me even more pleasurable memories than this one already has. This goes on the want list to buy a full bottle.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

I really just cannot figure this one out. Admittedly disappointed with the verdict. As a very enthusiastic fan of incense rose, I had high hopes for the next Tauer I tested. Pour Elle was it. I found this one...odd. Started off with a masculine ambery leather blast and then turned soapy on me. The same type of soapy lavendar/leather smell you might smell when you wash your hands with the well known soap "imperial leather". Albeit a long lasting soap. But a soap nonetheless. I have that freshly showered, soapy smell on me. How bizarre.

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

Here in Seattle, Washington, we have a farmer's market called "The Pike Place Market". You can buy fresh fruit, veggies, flowers, fish... all the normal farmer's market goods. There are also shops sprinkled around the edges of the market where you can buy handmade wares, and then there are specialty shops. It's a wonderful place to take folks to who are from out-of-town, and I certainly like to find an excuse to travel to the northwest edge of Seattle to experience this wonderful place.

In a certain area, deep in the 100+ year old wooden buildings where the shops are, is a few head shops, and of course there is lots of incense burning. There are tea & spice shops, along with scented oils and candle shops, and stalls and stalls of fresh cut flowers.

So, this area has the most wonderful, old fashioned, woody, incensey, tea & spices, and floral (mostly rose) like scent that brings back so many memories of my entire life through which I have visited the Pike Place Market many, many times.

This Tauer creation is that scent. Absolute dead ringer for Seattle's Pike Place Market. I keep sniffing my wrist. I can't decide if it is something I want to smell like though. Or, if I do, I'm not sure how often I'd wear it. It starts out strong, but it really does melt and soften over the course of a half hour or so. And then it becomes this wafting scent that continues to flit around and greet my nose with a cheerful, rosie, woody aroma.

This scent certainly brings back memories of a place I love and am intimately familiar with.

I currently own a bottle of the 02 L`Air du Desert Marocain which I adore. It is dry and wonderful. I recently ordered, and am awaiting, 09 Orange Star. My next planned Tauer purchase is the Pentachords Auburn which I absolutely love love love.

I will need to use this a few times and see if it grows on me. Tauer's potions usually do!

Edit: I bought the big bottle! Even before my precious Auburn Pentachord! The PPM memories were too strong to ignore. It does have a lovely rose scent I am surprised I have fallen so hard for, since rose usually gives me a headache. This is wonderful. I see why it launched Andy Tauer into a stunning creative vocation.

sablebombe
sablebombe

I had to change my dislike to like and then to love !!!!

Andy Tauer, I think, is a genius. This perfume may not be for you, or even me, however I will keep and probably use this sample on those days when I want to go back in time and revisit Cairo or the Edgware Road (but don't have the bus fare), or I'm wearing my ladies thobe or cooking ful or kabsah or watching Aladdin or reading Sherazade (arabian nights this is)! I'm not sure I would buy this - but I do have a sneaky suspicion that once this sample has gone I will somehow decide that I 'need' a bottle of this in my perfume library! Although expensive, I think a bottle will last a long long time!

This perfume (and it definitely fully uses the word 'perfume') is like meeting a very complex person and not being able to forget them forever!

Sparks
Sparks

Huh. I didn't think of this as being that outrageous, but I guess it's not for the timid or those who prefer the mainstream path. I am still unsure if I love the initial opening of Le Maroc, but I sure love the rest of the journey. It's a complete wrist sniffer for me and when I get a whiff inadvertently, I smile. Warm and luscious. Glad I found it before the weather gets warm so I can enjoy it for a bit before I put it away to await fall.

fenlady
fenlady

Lots of people have made the comparison with bazaars and spice shops, not to mention Indian soap. I agree, and though I like the scent, I wouldn't want to smell like this. Could be nice as an air freshener in the kitchen, though. And, hey, right now it's Glastonbury Festival time, so if you're like me and can't be there, you can always spritz on some of Le Maroc Pour Elle and close your eyes! The scent is exactly the same as the festival air towards late afternoon!

the_good_life
the_good_life

Maroc? This is the best perfume rendition yet of the smell in an Indian convenience store - that unique combination of spices wafting through their plastic bags, incense, sandalwood soap, jasmine and orange-blossom scented hair oil. Very good ingredients, no particularly strong rose, a rather sweet amber base. Nothing particulaly gendered about that, but it does get more florally sweet on the drydown. Serge Noir is smokier and Ambre Sultan spicier, but this is the one for Bollywod fans.

cbstarker
cbstarker

Andy Tauer is a perfumer who wholeheartedly enjoys creating perfumes and is interested in learning more about the people who enjoy them. As such, he would be interested to know that Maroc pour elle is just barely on the feminine side of unisex. I must admit, though, it took me the entire day to realize what exactly made it feminine in the first place.

The fragrance opens with a sweet burst that immediately reminded me of crushed Sweetart candies - slightly fruity, floral, and just barely powdery - attiributed to the particular lavender, rose, and citrus notes. The opening quickly gave way to a very unique jasmine and rose accord that was balanced by a sweet sandalwood and smelled like the soap aisle at the Indian grocer, where I usually spend some time taking in the smells when I visit. It was slightly off-putting but at the same time it was irresistable and I haven't stopped smelling my wrists all day. It wasn't until the drydown, however, that I realized why it was "pour elle." Nevermind the slightly sweet floral head and heart, the base has a pleasantly strong tonka/vanilla note braced by a touch of patchouli and cedar that is not sickly sweet but rather like the bright, warming rays of the sun on a cool day. While I don't find Maroc pour elle particularly feminine at all, I recognize that Andy could have let the perfume go the way of something stronger like his flagship l'Air du Desert Morocain. Instead he let the fragrance wind down to something gentle, like a boat easing into a slip at the harbor.

Tauer fragrances don't appeal to everyone. In fact, at first I didn't think I liked them either. There is something about his "accords" that are odd but this peculiarity is what makes his fragrances stand out. His signature is as obvious and unique as his passion for perfumes is genuine. I recommend this and the rest of his fragrances for everyone - at least once!

Maugli
Maugli

Reminds me of London, Edgeware road, "little Cairo" in a good sense... shisha cafes and spring. Quite wearable compared to other Tauer perfumes. Would go nicely with Etro, Kenzo and probably Vivienne Westwood clothes. Quite strong at the start the perfume opens to a very harmonious sweet spicy aura later.

I've tried 3 Tauer scents until now and I find them extremely interesting even if not easily wearable. I think that Andy Tauer possesses incredible imagination and the talent to express it in scents.
Maroc pour Elle is my fave one. It's a gorgeous, powerful blend of very daring notes and I think in good doses.
At the beginning it smells like a concoction of a thousand smells on my skin. Then it sets to a very strong and dirty jasmin, very reminiscent of those shops in Middle Eastern packed with cheap jasmin incense sticks. Then a shy rose comes out and other spicy notes. It lasts a lot, it's sultry and it's very sexual, but it doesn't make me confortable wearing it around. I spray a tiny dose on my wrists and neck while at home in my reveries!

F_A
F_A

I really liked Le Maroc pour elle (thank you SNS!). In the beginning it smells like orange blossoms mono scent for my nose, then it gets warmer, deeper, revealing its mysterious base - the smell of precious incenses, spices, woods...and bitter black chocolate on my skin! I think the name perfectly fits the juice in the bottle. It is very oriental and somehow dark. I cannot smell flowers at all...

Indeed this is a strong fragrance that will kill any other scents around you:)Try it if you dare!

The staying power is great.

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

Smells like jet fuel, diesel, paint thinner and insect repellant. Yikes. Who wants to offend people at work ? AND everyone doesnt it like it on their skin either.

kurisu
kurisu

Sorry ...but this one just not for me!
IMO it's really like an old fashioned way perfume(Maybe rose oil is the culprit).Too strong,unbalanced and unpleasant(At least in the opening). Top notes is very sour and spicy.When it come to middle notes,sour scents is gone...and the rose get on the stage,well getting better but not enough for me.Lucky me,I just got only a sample veil not a whole bottle.Have to try before buy.For Mr.Tauer's perfume,I prefer Vetiver dance and L'air du desert Marocain more.