Designers » T-Z » Woody Chypre « Groups

03 Lonestar Memories Tauer Perfumes for women and men
dislike

leather
smoky
03 Lonestar Memories Tauer Perfumes for women and men Pictures 03 Lonestar Memories Tauer Perfumes for women and men Pictures 03 Lonestar Memories Tauer Perfumes for women and men Pictures 03 Lonestar Memories Tauer Perfumes for women and men Pictures

Lonestar Memories was inspired by the American West.

"The scent of a lonesome rider, wearing old jeans and leather jacket, after a long day on the horse in the dry woods, preparing his coffee on the open, smoky fire."

The notes: green geranium, spicy carrot seed blended with clary sage. The heart features smoky leather, cistus and a hint of jasmine. The base notes includes finest woods and balms: myrrh, sandalwood, vetiver and tonka beans. 03 Lonestar Memories was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Andy Tauer.

Carrot Seeds Geranium Clary Sage

Jasmine Leather Labdanum

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Vetiver Myrrh

C for Women
Italian Cypress

03 Lonestar Memories Fragrance Reviews

bronson
bronson

Not what I expected. I thought it might smell hard or harsh, like some other southwest/cowboy/old west-oriented fragrances. But LM expresses more of a sentimental masculinity, maybe lonesome but not bitter.

Also, this fragrance ages beautifully over the course of the day. On me, it generally begins somewhat rough, spicy and leathery, and ends sweet. During the course, each note seems to have a dominant moment.

A very nice, meditative experience for me.

MickZ
MickZ

Lonestar Memories is my favorite Tauer fragrance, similar to LDDM (but better), "Tauerade" defined. After the initial, intense blast, it settles down to a resinous, lightly smoky, aromatic composition with a minty, mentholated and slightly medicinal accord that is somehow reminiscent of hot, sweet asphalt or creosote combined with dry spices, myrrh and a dash of licorice.

It is intriguing and beguiling, unlike anything else I've tried, except LDDM. It's rough around the edges in a good way, a stronger and less polished version of Lonesome Rider, which takes LM into mossy chypre territory. It has great longevity and is fairly linear after it dries down. It's Andy's masterpiece and absolutely full bottle worthy. 9.5/10.

Bunino
Bunino

I LOVE Tauer.. LADDM has been my signature for roughly five years and what I love about it is that it reminds me of a place that is very familiar even though I've never been there. What I love about LM is that it reminds me of walking the train tracks as a kid, smelling the tar coming up from the hot wood during the Summer. For me, a truly nostalgic experience.

muzzbait
muzzbait

oh hell no.

this ain't working for me. no way, no how. i'm getting the vibe i get from a*men, a really unpleasant accord. it's the leather and myrrh, which makes it unwearable. it smells like the worst of resins, and makes me want to scrub my wrist...

i know perfume is personal but i just can't see how people would like this one...

AveParfum
AveParfum

Just when I thought I had decided on a bottle of PHI Une Rose de Kandahar, I checked my inner-elbow, which held the mysterious, earthy scent of Lonestar Memories. I would describe it as just barely smoky, leathery, resinous, woody, creamy, and minty-herbal. When I first sprayed, it was much darker, much more leathery and smoky, like a BBQ, but it settles down considerably if given some time. I sampled it despite knowing I don't care for leather nor smoke, but I was still curious because, after all, it's a Tauer. I didn't have high hopes that it would become something I "needed" to own.

The thing is--Lonestar Memories' drydown reminded me of something I had been searching high and low to find in a perfume. Several weeks ago, I was out walking when I noticed a blooming rosemary bush. While I very much dislike the scent and taste of rosemary, I love flowers of all sorts, and the precious, tiny blue flowers were calling to me. I picked a few to show to my little daughter, knowing she could eat the flowers and they wouldn't harm her. Before giving them to her, I cupped my hand and inhaled, with full expectations that I would re-confirm my disdain for rosemary. Instead, I was amazed to find that the rosemary flower smells entirely different from the leaves. It was like the essence of the leaves mixed with cream and sugar. The flowers smelled so amazing, I could not stop inhaling their scent. That was my Jean Baptiste moment (if you've seen the movie "Perfume: The Story of a Murderer").

I soon realized that the scent was oddly familiar. Yes, I know it was rosemary, but it smelled like something else too. I started thinking about Mentholatum. I mentally added milk and sugar. And then my a-ha! moment. The scent was like Noxzema. I had always enjoyed the scent of Noxzema, before I stopped using the nasty chemical goup, but now I desperately wanted a perfume that smelled just like it.

To make a long story short, Lonestar Memories contains a note of clary sage, another scent I don't like; however on my skin and in combination with the other notes, it plays out like a vague menthol scent. I wouldn't have guessed clary sage in particular. Combined with a creamy element, I found the rosemary flower fragrance that I had been longing for, a scent that I assumed would just be my personal unicorn for many years to come, if not forever.

Despite my total adoration for PHI Une Rose de Kandahar, I bought a bottle of Lonestar Memories. I barely got to my car before ripping my box open and spraying with abandon. The next morning, I woke up and immediately hit the trigger--I'm obsessed with it! I prepared a cup of Earl Grey tea, added sugar and milk, and proceeded to take a sip. As I sipped my tea, the scent from my wrist drifted up to my nose, and I noticed that the scent of the perfume and the flavor of the tea blended together almost perfectly. Vetiver can present as black tea (hence Odin's Seylon), and with a bright note mimicking bergamot as well as a creamy note that smells, well...creamy, it was a lot like a cup of Earl Grey with milk. So that is another reason I am falling for Lonestar Memories--I LOVE black tea perfumes.

I continued to examine the perfume on my skin. It is so beautifully blended that the notes just kind of tumble into one another, and it's tough to pinpoint specific notes. I did however pinpoint the scent of jasmine. I almost wasn't sure if it was really florals I was smelling, so I checked the Tauer website to confirm it is indeed "a hint of jasmine," one of my favorite florals.

Keep in mind that all the things I have mentioned (Noxzema, Earl Grey, jasmine, BBQ) are all present, but none of them dominate the scent. In fact, at first the perfume dries down and then it may seem streamlined, natural, even flat. But upon examination, it has what seems like a million subtleties to explore. Please take the time to get to know it.

Every bit as masterfully crafted as L'Air du Desert.
Lonestar Memories absolutely contains Mr. Tauer's fingerprints--his silky, ambery, cedar-like "Tauer-aide", if you care for it. This perfume is his second masterpiece.

FragOverdose
FragOverdose

Oh my goodness...

If you survive the opening, until the lonesome cowboy has burnt his clothes along with his horse, you're in for a treat. This is perhaps the most chameleon-like fragrance I've ever stubled upon. On my skin the nasty burning leather jacket & carcass opening is over in less than an hour and after that the pleasure begins. The drydown has some beautiful floral notes as well which is a pleasant surprise indeed and a graceful ending to an exciting ride.

Signature worthy and highly recommended.

landshark321
landshark321

Another odd, artistic creation from Tauer, Lonestar Memories certainly conjures the notion of leather, but is certainly not a leather-dominant fragrance on my skin, with leather being the key note among others: myrrh gives it an incense vibe, tonka gives it a nutty sweetness, and vetiver gives it an earthiness.

I get far more leather in the opening than in the dry down, which is greener and more tonka-laden. Still, the leather/myrhh combination resonates hours into the lifespan of the fragrance, and it is perhaps this particularly sharp combination that I regard as a bit off-putting. Not even the tonka is enough to sweeten it to the point I like the blend. I imagine many enjoy this blend, though, as it strikes me not as bad, but simply slightly different from something I would enjoy, perhaps in need of a few tweaks for me, but downright perfect for someone else.

Performance is good, with a very strong opening and initial hour, and decent longevity for an EDT.

6 out of 10

black_orchid

This is my second review because I remember that I went to big green forest with my friends in France for camping last summer and I had a sample of this perfume. We had a camp fire, barbecue, good vine and more. I put Lonestar Memories on my skin and I don't know why I did it in the forest but I remember everybody talked about how my perfume smells was good. LM is very good and smooth but also creative and exciting. Love it!

micavana
micavana

In a couple of other reviews I have referenced the memories that fragrances bring. This one is in that vein for me. When I was a young boy, my dad worked for an auto parts dealer. Every once in a while I would visit him at work. When I wear Lonestar Memories, I am instantly transported to being a young boy at my dad's work. The combination of oil. tar, leather, floor polish and baby oil takes me back there every time.

For me, this is a winner. Very much as causal scent though. Great in jeans, but it does not work well in a sports coat.

Bottom line, this is a great masculine scent that you should sample. But don't wear it in a sports coat. Go causal.

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - leather, myrrh, vetiver & tonka bean.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the warmer months, day or night.

Projection - I did get noticed, it garners compliments.

Longevity - I get 8hrs consistently.

fsulka
fsulka

Leather saddle. Oily. Sage brush. I put my nose to my arm and close my eyes and I picture myself tying up a horse and easing into a campfire setting. This fragrance really will transport you to an idyllic western setting if you allow yourself to let go. It's romantic in this sense but not in a slow dancing with your lover way. It's a nice change of pace from the run-of-the-mill fragrances but at its price point not FBW for me. I do however completely respect what Tauer has done here with Lonestar Memories. Kudos.

Addition: The longevity on this is magnificent on me. I put it on this morning straight out of the shower and as I am typing this right now (10:40 PM) it is still going strong.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

A perfect scent from heaven.
This is one of the most beautiful "Leather and Myrrh" base fragrance i have ever smelled.
spice and Smokey...
It is a good perfume for both genders.
This product is appropriate for cold weather.
The projection is very good.
The longevity is well...
smoky,dirty,oily and Lovely!
نمونه حهت تست موجوده.طالبین پیام بدهند

black_orchid

Very good, very impressive, very creative perfume.I love Andy Tauer's works and he must be daydreamer because his collection is very abstract. I can understand why some people finds his works too much! High art and very good quality. I have never been in America but I can imagine that I'm on trip in America valleys with Lonestar Memorise.

carter0012
carter0012

A beautiful thick old and battered leather, like the saddle from a horse.. mixed with the hot sandy air, a smokey campfire, and a gorgeous syrup like sweetness from the resin. Instantly made my top 3 in terms of scent.
Performance doesn't seem great on testing from my bottle.. I am getting one hour of average projection, then it seems to become a close scent on me personally.. but the smell is amazing, I love it. You can tell it has Marocain DNA in here, the same hot sand desert air smell, mixed with old brown leather, and a resin sweetness, with a slight whisp of smoke.
Gorgeous.
_ My friends told me it smells like Germolene antiseptic cream_

K1
K1

Yes "smoky carnation"
03 Lonestar Memories is a tatterdemalion smell verging to famous American apothecary natural perfumes, which is a keen and professional detailed translation.

03 LM opens pungent and tousled leathery, like someone survived from a bloody thunder storm and rain. It is integrated, solid, pharmaceutical, with massive volume of leather and resins.

03 LM is a strange fragrance, undeniably repulsive in the first try but so charming and desirable as you go with. It has marvelous longevity; about 12 hours on my skin; so as great projection.
★★★★★

لونستر مموریز عطری ژنده پوش هست که گرایش به عطرهای دارومانند طبیعی آمریکایی داره. توضیح همین یه جمله ممکنه تو یه رویوی ساده نگنجه. باید مثل من یکسال تمام رو با عطرسازهای مستقل آمریکایی که چندتاشون توی فرگرنتیکا نام برده شدن بگذرونین تا متوجه منظورم بشین. اما برای اینکه منظورم رو نصفه و نیمه رها نکنم اینطوری ادامه میدم: 03 با بوی قدرتمند و نفتی چرمی کثیفی شروع میکنه که شبیه کسی هست که از رگبار و صاعقۀ مرگباری جون سالم بدر برده. ترکیبی منسجم و یکپارچه هست، دارومانند، با دوز بالای رزین و چرم. اما خشک نیست. خیس و بوناک مثل کاپشن چرم خیس شده زیر بارون میمونه

عطر 03 عطر عجیبیه، بدون شک اولش برای همه دافعه داره اما بعد که عطر نشست کرد چنان جاذبه ای داره که بیا و ببین. موندگاری خوف و بیشتر از 12 ساعت، همچنین نشر بوی خیلی قوی. یه نکته ای رو بگم که اون چیزی که شما روی پوسستون حس میکنین چیزی نیست که بقیه هم حس کنن. شما بوی چرم و چرک دریده و شدیدی رو حس میکنین که خیلی دودی میزنه، دیگران بوی ناز و خوش مشرب گل میخک و چرم نرم و تم دودی رزینی رو حس میکنن که کمی کلاسیک میزنه. خیلی عطر خوش ساختیه
★★★★★

msmonochrome
msmonochrome

This is hands down my favorite fragrance I've ever worn.
That being said, is not a fragrance for the faint of heart. The opening is all smoke and fire, almost petrochemical. Once that initial blast dries down, we are on a long leathery ride with a cowboy fond of L'Air Du Desert Morocain. This is not the plush, pretty leather of a luxury car.....this is the leather of saddles and biker jackets, of function, not fashion. Earthy, a bit sweaty, with wood smoke from years of campfires embedded in.

After a long ride (somewhere around the 5 hour mark) that unmistakable Tauerade base shines through, woods, incense and a gentle touch of jasmine to smooth out the rough edges.

This isn't huge on projection, but it is ridiculously long lasting. It stays at least 12 hours on skin, and my bedding/clothing hold on to traces for a day.

All in all, a challenging scent, but absolutely exquisite in its oddness. For most this will definitely skew masculine, but is definitely worth a try for more daring ladies. Like me, you just might fall in love.

rp6969
rp6969

Like Figmentspot said, I didn't get this one at first. I tried this last year, at the relative beginning of a perfume journey that has since exploded into full-blown mania, and not having any experience with leather scents my reaction was a strong and immediate "hell, no!"

Now a year later and with several leathers in my collection, I run across the forgotten vial along with other Tauers and decide to give it a sniff. Yes. I get it. Like barreling down the road with your nose pressed into the back of some badboy's motorcycle jacket. That is my immediate reaction. Will have to wait for the dry down. While I appreciate the artistry involved and love Andy Tauer I am not sure it suits my 60 tear old demeanor. Were I 20 again I might be all over this. Very sexy but perhaps too gritty for me. We shall see...

Edit: The dry down is superb The harsh petrol/lacquer topnotes fade, leaving a warm and sultry leather scent supported by smoky incense and creamy tonka. Beautiful and very sexy, but still retaining an edge.

ohjac
ohjac

This was the 1st AT I bought. The hype drew me in, the bottle is gorgeous, and for awhile I was pleased, but it didn't take long for me to realize this was a tad syrupy and lacked longevity & sillage. I expect a strong drydown note, at least one for this price, but it never arose. Fragrances love my body chemistry, so I know it's not me. Sure, 'airy' is nice, but it needs to go somewhere that stays with you. This starts out seemingly complex, but quickly evaporates into, sadly, nothing. I hoped for better luck with the Desert Marocain, but it's slightly different notes with identical performance. These are nice scents to 'clear the palette' temporarily, but for what you pay, my opinion is thst these are underperform. I would not compare these to the longstanding perfumers or the noses who created for them. If you just want soemthing to switch it up, go for it, but don't expect anything on the par of Piguet, Chanel, or Guerlain.

Figmentspot
Figmentspot

It's like L'Air du Desert Marocain only aged, smoked, seeped into deep cracked leather, slightly sweetened & holy'd in the dry down; massive, beautiful.

I did not get this on first try. I love when that happens.

jsaliga
jsaliga

I think there is a big difference between interesting and good. They aren't mutually exclusive, but interesting is the one word that I would use to describe most Andy Tauer fragrances. A few of them are good, even wearable. But I don't know if I want to walk around smelling like burning tires, and that is the vibe I get the most here. Not much leather at all until 4 or 5 hours into the dry down, at which point it becomes quite pleasant. But that is a long time to wait. And in the meantime you most likely will smell like something less than pleasant to those around you. There just aren't too many social settings where this fragrance would be appropriate. It's a casual scent at best, and one that is probably best enjoyed alone.

Also, as with most Tauer fragrances, less is more. Go very easy on the trigger or your will gass everyone out around you. This is very potent stuff and pushes out a considerable distance.

Denoula
Denoula

Bittersweet, it suits the name perfectly.

cdresz
cdresz

If you've ever been in West Texas you'll understand... This smells like visiting a boot shop in Midland/Odessa. Pump jacks are in the background no matter how much you're trying to smell the leather. Very masculine, very Texas, worth the purchase price!

ankali
ankali

The very cuddliest, sweetest, most tactile cowboy. I think that this one must be very specific to individual body chemistry, as I don't find it a dry, barbecue experience at all, nor particularly masculine. It's definitely smoky and leathery, and there are these tiny spikes of vetiver throughout, but on me it's a warm, enveloping, wonderful rainy day scent -- hot chocolate for the soul. My first Andy Tauer FB, and I love it!

kateapple
kateapple

I love this because it's extremely evocative of its given description.

Reading that and smelling the scent, it's the same feeling. It's a leathery and smoky, warm but dry. Definitely a more masculine scent despite its unisex label.

On me it's like someone took Juicy Couture's cologne Dirty English and made it complex, essentially. There's so much depth to it, and it really does tell a story. Even if it's not something you'd wear, it's worth a try just to experience the story of it.

farang
farang

A powerful leather/rubber scent. It projects well on me and is long lasting. I don't know if it is my skin - but I get more rubber than leather notes. The same actually happens with Knize Ten (while Knize Ten Golden is leather on my skin). What can I say - this fragrance evokes petrol-rubber-leather, and one can imagine perhaps being part of a SM session.. It is an interesting fragrance, though only for special occasions.

gtabasso
gtabasso

love this and worth buying the bottle for myself as a celebration gift

StinkySally
StinkySally

Remember that "Bitches from Hell" scene from Thelma and Louise when they confronted the lascivious trucker? This is those gals' fragrance for the occasion. A bit of kerosene, some sweaty denim, but oh, that remnant jasmine of Louise and Thelma's lingering amber (which Darryl thought was sexy).

Had this been labelled Lonestar Gals' Memories, the sweetness and richness would be clearer. After some rough and tumble top notes, it makes sense as a guy scent, but after a good half-hour, it's meltingly, deeply, earthily feminine. 'Course, I'm one of them gals who likes my cowboys smellin' like soap and my leather with some fringe.

Yeehaw!!!

drouhin
drouhin

Dentyne chewing gum and leather? I'm coming to the sad conclusion that Tauers just don't work on me.

mathieuq613
mathieuq613

verry good and potent stuff not realy my cupof tea but realy well done by Mr Tauer 8/10

G-Bon
G-Bon

I like this one a lot. It smells quite masculine to me. It kind of smells like Brut to me but much more refined.

Pinnacos
Pinnacos

Anyone who finds Lonestar Memories an unsettling, acrid ashtray of a fragrance has not given it time to bloom nor have they waited for the magnificent dry down. I never thought I cared much for myrrh, but after the smoke and dirty leather clear, the heavens part and you're left with the most intoxicating myrrh, sandalwood and tonka combo.

It's pretty damn beautiful, Mr. Tauer, and well worth the saddle sores getting there. Kudos.

johnsmunro
johnsmunro

An amazing scent! It's reminds me of Dior Fahrenheit on major steroids. Mechanical, dirty....MANLY! If you like Fahrenheit, try this. You might love it. I know I do! Happy Hunting!

WildDove
WildDove

Medicinal, shamanic, herbaceous, honeyed. A shaman puttering around in the lab or apothecary. Old wood building, wood floors, wood table, wooden storage drawers for herbs and such. Unusual. Round, multi-dimensional, and well blended. For the cowboys, the cowgirls, and the curanderos. Another masterpiece from Tauer.

aphexacid
aphexacid

This is a unique mix of leather jacket and irish spring soap to me. i feel like its what a biker would smell like if he showered, threw on his leather jacket and ran out of the house in a hurry.

Performance is typical for Andy Tauer creations. Excellent.

This is a marvel of modern perfumery for sure. But not quite my style.

Re-Review....Just adding some thoughts on this juice as I'm wearing my last sample today.
I'm still 100% on board with it and although I noticed the likeness first time around I never realised how delicate and LDDM like the drydown is.
It opens with smoke but Lonestar is not nearly as smokey as I first thought, that's no criticism in actual fact I like I like it more and more now. I think that might be me becoming more desensitized to smokey perfume after trying things like Profumum Roma Fumidus.
Good sillage, projection and Longevity but I have L'air du desert Marocain and I don't think I need this one as well although I think it's just as good if not a little better.

Brock
Brock

Holy smokes! Leather and ... odd. In a good way. Such a strange one.

dkny27
dkny27

Broken in leather jacket, motorcycle, aviators...
This pops with leather all throughout, but there is a woody medicinal coolness, I imagine from the labdanum, myrrh and sage that provides a backbone to the scent. Tiny hints of a faint flower fizzle up, like the carbonated bubbles in a soda, randomly popping up.
The farther away from the skin you smell this, the smoother is seems to get.....

Roge'
Roge'

This is the daytime leathery, rugged, minty, harsh, difficult, sweet, hulking, husky, resilient so you can feel like a tough guy medicine.

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

This opens on me very similar to Bvlgari Black, with a lovely rich leathery note, although I actually get more of a rubber in this than in BB - not that it's a bad thing, I like the leather-rubber!
Obviously this doesn't share the vanilla note of BB, the sweetness is less pronounced but still present, I think from the tonka and jasmine. The leather, labdanum, vetiver and myrhh give this a rich, deep and sort of "masculine" feel - yet not..hard to explain, I think this is totally unisex.

The two things I would add are:
I don't get the "lonesome rider" as a horse rider, no, this is a motorbike he has been riding for sure. This doesn't bring to mind horse leathers but bike leathers.
Secondly the above quoted scenario doesn't tell you about the part a few hours in where he brushes his teeth with minty fresh toothpaste...what was that about?! This strange stage lasted about half an hour, and it was so minty, maybe camphor, I guess it was the myrhh? I found it a little odd though, jarring from the otherwise smooth scent.

This off toothpaste note turns this from love to like for me. I am going to try again in the autumn as apart from this I really like it. The leather lasts through from open to drydown, longevity very good, sillage good, nice scent. But if I cannot resolve that toothpaste section I'll stick to Black.

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

Although I've not been to the American West or Australian Outback, first thing came to my mind was leather horse saddles probably due to my fond childhood memories of horse riding at carnival. It's a smokey birch tar and myrrh with a touch of labdanum. Does have a little LDDM DNA to it. It then dries down to the same Tauer signature base. It's so addictive. You have to like birch tar to like this. Although marketed as unisex, I see it as a masculine scent. It has moderate projection and good longevity on my skin. If your love is in the vein of Cuir de Russie by Chanel (Gold Standard of leather scent according to perfumeposse), definitely give this one a try. The scent gets 4 out of 5 from me. It's unique and I like it!

WOW!!! what an opening! This was the first Andy Tauer fragrance I ever tried and it will always leave a lasting impression on me.
How leather can be so full on and strong yet elegant at the same time I don't know but Lonestar memories seems to manage it.
This is a dirty, filthy, spiced leather. I picture a guy working on his motorbike, smoking a cigerette, leather jacket hanging in a garage surrounded by oily rags and grubby overalls.
(Or the Cowboy imagery that it's based on fits fine too!)
Smokiness galore, resinous too with the earthy, natural, root aroma.
Again not one for beginners in the fragrance game a leather of the highest quality though and in perfumery terms a brave masterpiece.
I'll have to try it again to make sure but I don't think it's something I'd wear.
I love it & respect it but prefer L'air du desert Marocain because it speaks to me personally.
Just knowing Lonestar memories exists fills me with joy!

Kain
Kain

Another masterpiece created by the master!
At the opening I can smell a heavy dose of myrrh followed by leather and amber.
The myrrh note is dirty and kind of oily and there is some leather here to give it more dark and masculine feeling.
The semi sweet and creamy amber reminded me of another masterpiece which is "02 LADDM" and I can definitely see his/her foot prints here too!
While the opening is more masculine than feminine, in the mid, things changed even more into masculine side! in the mid the leather note became much stronger and with his powerful entrance, pushed sweet amber in the background at the same time.
The mid is a dark, bitter dry leather scent with much smoother myrrh and some dirty smoky vetiver in the background.
There is a little bit of spicy peppery scent too and I can feel it, but it's in the background.
Where is amber?!
Hey, what are you doing back there and in the corner? but it's OK, stay there for a while. it's not your turn yet!
In the base while leather, myrrh and vetiver notes are much softer and they are kind of whispering, the amber dare to take the lead.
The base is a semi sweet amber smell with all other notes completely in the background.
Projection is good and longevity is around 8-10 hours on my skin.

یه عطر بی نظیر و عالی دیگه از این برند بسیار خوب
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی قوی و کاملا مشخص صمغ درخت مر شروع میشه که کمی رایحه چرم و کمی رایحه کهربا اونو همراهی میکنن
رایحه صمغ مر بوی کمی تلخ و یه حس روغنی مانند خاص داره که در مجموع حس عجیب و تاریک و بسیار جالب و سنگینی به عطر میده
رایحه چرم خیلی قوی نیست، اما در حدی هست که اون بوی صمغی رو تلخ تر و تاریک تر کنه و بهش عمق و کاراکتر بیشتری ببخشه
رایحه کهربا اینجا بوش خیلی شبیه به عطر شماره 2 این برند که قبلا در موردش توضیح دادم هست و تا حد زیادی همون حس رو القاء میکنه
رایحه ابتدایی در مجموع بیشتر حس مردانه داره تا زنانه یا حتی یونیسکس که با گذر زمان به تلخیش اضافه میشه و بازم بیشتر حس مردانه به خودش میگیره
در رایحه میانی رایحه چرم قدرت خیلی بیشتری میگیره و رایحه شیرین کهربا رو کاملا به کنار میزنه
رایحه میانی بوی تلخ و تاریک چرم هست که کمی رایحه صمغ مر و مقدار کمی هم رایحه گیاهی و البته دودی وتیور اونو همراهی میکنن
رایحه کهربا و شیرینی بوش حس میشه اما خیلی خیلی ضعیفه و اصلا جایی برای خودنمایی تو عطر نداره
تو رایحه پایه بوی تلخ چرم به همراه بقیه رایحه ها تا حد خیلی زیادی ضعیف میشن و اینجا رایحه کهربا سریع از فرصت استفاده میکنه و کنترل بوی عطرُ دست خودش میگیره
رایحه پایه بوی نیمه شیرین و جذاب کهربا هست با مقدار بسیار جزئی چرم و صمغ مر و وتیور
رایحه پایه خیلی شبیه به بوی عطر شماره 2 همین برند هست و میشه گفت نسخه کمی تاریک تر شده اونه
پخش بوش خوبه و ماندگاریش هم بین 8-10 ساعت روی پوست هستش
در مجموع خیلی خوبه اما به اون پخش بوی عالی و ماندگاری وحشتناک بالای 12 ساعت حتی گاها تا 24 ساعت شماره 2 نمیرسه
نکته آخر هم این مورد که بوی چرم و حس اش تو این عطر با بوی چرم تو مثلا تام فورد تاسکان لدر خیلی فرق داره

Dragon St Charles
Dragon St Charles

Gorgeous. I received a sample of this from the wonderful Fragrantica member Incense. I've for a long time liked the IDEA of a fire scent, however when it came to the reality, none have been pleasant to my nose. They've always smelled too acrid to me - like I am trapped in a burning building and can't get out. Andy Tauer has changed all that with Lonestar Memories. Finally a fire scent that is wearable, even pleasant, tempered by sweetness. It reminds me of camping trips past, sleeping in the woods, the scent of smoke still in my hair from sitting around the campfire, curled up by my leather jacket, surrounded by the woods and the night. Truly a masterpiece and nothing like I've ever smelled. Full bottle on the way as I type. Thank you Mr. Tauer!

willsvet
willsvet

Andy told me, that 20 years ago he worked in Texas during one year and this perfume is his own Lonestar Memories. And he didn't put oil in it.

Hélio Sérgio Rocha
Hélio Sérgio Rocha

I know it is different from other perfumes and indeed it is unique but i do not like at all.

(Very very very)³ smoky, earthy, dirty and oily...

I would not wear it not even a little bit...

Although the drydown is quite better and longevity/sillage seems to be great.

It is only an opinion and i need to say it.

For me, far away from l'Air du Desert... Thanks

alberto1964
alberto1964

Here is another masterpiece of Mr.Tauer ... really unique, incomparable, proud, different. To have.
W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L-!!!!

hedward
hedward

Tar
Horses
Feces

Oh my... What did I just smell?

Grottola
Grottola

A bunch of a cowboys wearing L'Air du Desert Marocain gather 'round the campfire after a long day of traversing the west.

Warm, comforting, long-lasting, and has that signature Tauer feel to it.

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

Starts off as a smokey something mixed with a nice leather then goes into a very nice leather followed by a sweet leather and then a musky leather. I really liked this one and may have to get a bottle. It makes me really want to try Fahrenheit by Dior as a cheaper alternative leather. Longevity was at least 12 hours with good sillage lasting for about 8 hours. I get the cowboy, campfire thing but I really like the drydown of a beautifully realistic leather!

jht4060
jht4060

Whoah Nelly! Open your mind and don't expect to be wearing this to work and you are ready for a ride. Like most Tauer perfumes this is not a comfortable scent, so don't go in hoping to be charmed. Tauer Lonestar Memories starts out like a bombshell somewhere in the midst of barbecued ribs, cowhide, and raw smoke. The evocation of the cowboy at his evening camp is nothing short of astonishing. The barbecue note abates with time and the scent moves toward a gentler leather and just doused campfire. After many many hours the base is myrrh earthy, vetiver rooty, and tonka sweet.

If this is metropolitan cowboy then I shudder to think of the scent of real cowboy; maybe adding lots of cow pie and rank body odor would do it. To me, Tom Ford Tuscan Leather is an expensive leather car seat. Lonestar Memories for the first few hours is more like a burning leather car seat with a side order of barbecued rubber duckie.

Being analytical, I keep trying to understand the top and middle notes. Some notes I get, others completely evade me. Andy Tauer must have access to strange synthetics that I can't buy as a mere lay person, or perhaps it is just a lot of birch tar brilliantly blended. So I give up and join my cowboy persona at his lonely and redolent campfire. I don't join him often but when I do I am transported.

meama
meama

45)In the leather-smoky family here the youngest, it is a gentle one on his bed of amber and flowers.
It seems that Lonestar refers to the imagination of the Wild West then here we are clearly more on the side of San Francisco bay that the Texan desert. It is easy to wear but with an aura of something that is very expensive. Completely unisex.
Antfarm: "Expensive leather car seat" it's a good summary.

Dans la famille des cuirs-fumées voici le benjamin, il est tout doux sur son lit d'ambre et de fleurs.
Il parait que Lonestar fait référence à l'imaginaire du Far-West alors ici nous sommes clairement plus du côté de San Francisco que du désert Texan. Facil à porter mais avec une aura de quelque chose qui vaut très cher. Complétement unisexe.
Antfarm: "Expensive leather car seat" it's a good summary.

antfarm
antfarm

I find this to be more upper-crust metropolitan cowboy than wild-west cowboy and that disappointed me. I wanted to smell dusty saddle leather and campfire.

What I got was a lot of polished, clean leather mixed with a geranium-tonka-sandalwood accord that smells like a typical gentlemen's cologne. So to me, Lonestar Memories smells more like Expensive Leather Car Seat of a Rich and Dapper Gentlemen Memories.

My mother hugged me while I was wearing it and she said "Ohh, you smell like a sexy man."

deadidol
deadidol

Clearly, a lot of thought went into the construction as the individual notes do stand out and seem to both contrast and compliment one another in interesting ways. I get more of the floral notes that merge with the vetiver, yet I'm getting none of the tobacco or smoke that others have mentioned, but instead a somewhat sweet leather -- the sweetness of which I think is coming from the myrrh. The whole thing is balmy and smooth, but the sage is what's problematic for me, spinning this off into a far more soapy territory. It has a weird detergent thing going on in it, and I can't even fathom how it's supposed to connect to its name.

It's a clever, intriguing, and admirable mix, but at this point, it's not one that I'd wear. Plus, it's way too loud!

anomie et ivoire
anomie et ivoire

Raw meat, gasoline, sun-drenched leather, cigarettes; an ideal biker scent. Though very strong, Lonestar Memories dries down to a fairly soft scent for a Tauer, as the notes are so finely balanced and natural. Unisex and unlikely to be interpreted as perfume, this is a pheromonic body smell good for making a subtle though audible impression in enclosed spaces when dancing, at bars, or at parties. It brings the outdoors in, but it recasts everything in black and white. The Texas tie-in name matches an oil drilling smell in a removed and nostalgic way that calls for a return to nature leaving behind cars and cities, yet this could just as well be interpreted as a tower of burning tires. There are no easy answers with a Tauer perfume: complex and open-ended.

9-na
9-na

A present. The scent was giving me violet-coloured impression colour-wise, intense, pleasantly so, and I liked the way carrot seeds smelled on me, in the company of geranium, clary sage, labdanum, vetiver and myrrh.

This is more of a rubber/leather smell to me, with a little amber coming out to soften it a bit. If you've got an appointment at the local BDSM dungeon this is for you! I can't imagine having any use for it, however, simply because it's not pleasant. Why would I buy this when I can buy The Knize Ten, which is pleasant after the strong opening subsides? If you like Bvlgari's Black and want to amp it up a whole lot as well as add some leather to it, you should try this one.

roseombre
roseombre

A man with this one on would smell like a gorilla dirty with dried mud.

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Does not remind me of American West. Has a medical/hospital opening that I just cant get past. Bad stuff, stay away!

flkirkland
flkirkland

I don't know if it is my nose or what, but this scent doesn't work for me at all - not on paper or skin. I get the whole smoky cowboy thing - but that's not what this scent brings to mind for me. To me - here is what I get: Hot afternoon sun in Texas, dust and dirt, melting blacktop tar, burning tires, smoke, and motorcycle exhaust. Sorry - but I think this is a Tauer fail for someone to actually wear.

Carestinus
Carestinus

I've sampled this a few times with M by Puredistance, one on each wrist, and they share many many facets. M is smoother and more refined... with a clear lime note. Lonestar memories is rougher, a bit harder to wear but as great. I don't mean to be annoying comparing scents all the time but after having sniffed hundreds of them, my nose starts to be pickier and although I can see the difference between these 2, when it comes to deciding what to buy... the choice gets more and more difficult since there are no real noticeable differences and to most people like my father and brothers no difference at all: "again the same you showed me 5 minutes ago?".

The issue here for me at least is the price. Andy Tauer (I send you my greetings from here lol) offers huge perfumes, admirable, strong, long-lasting and so on for a third of the price (if you buy it in Switzerland) or half (elsewhere). I strongly support this guy and although this perfume doesn't reach the "OMG status" of L'air du desert marocain, you can say both come from the same house. Don't be scared by the top notes since it becomes milder and more approachable soon after and it stays forever, leaving a sexy trail. I highly recommend this (plus L'air, plus Orange star, plus Incense rose...). Andy is definitely someone who aims at bringing something new and high quality to our perfume world, not at (only) making money.

christmasinjanuary

Amen for surrender to chance....bought a 2ml spray to try it and glad I did....smoky yes but I have a very strong boxed laundry detergent smell that is giving me a bad headache....two advils to heaven...very strong,powerful cologne though just didnt mix well with my skin chemistry

christmasinjanuary

Ummmm ok.....wanted to try this since Le Labo's smoky patchouli 24 is a masterpiece and was looking for similar smells.although I like Tauer's smoky Memories of Lonestar....for me personally Patchouli 24 blows it out of the water....this is according to my nose and how they both play on my skin.....good cologne however.

Labaloo
Labaloo

I smell four notes most-strongly- castoreum, floral-green aldehydes, vetiver, and loban/Sumatran benzoin. I can smell just hints of some of the other notes- labdanum, carrot-seed, clary sage, tonka, myrhh... the rest are SO subtle. This is indeed a very daring coposition- nothing else like it, and it is well-done and perfectly-balanced in true Tauer fashion. Still, I can't help but think of being in a laundromat- or near the large, outside vent of a laundromat. Dressed in leather, sniffing the air.

blackflower
blackflower

Lonestar Memories is a fragrance rustic, selfish, lonely, for a true cowboy insolent.
Do not miss this perfume.

jtd

Tar, carrot seed, clary sage and wood with flowers place Lonestar Memories somewhere beyond leather. Knize Ten and Etat Libre’s Rien are mild in comparison. LM has a much more burnt quality than these two. ‘Tar’ and ‘burnt’ do to an extent add up to notes of snubbed cigarette and charcoal but the scent ultimately LM brings to mind is burnt wood. Not the smoke of burning wood, but old campfire. LM is nowhere near a daily fragrance for me. I honestly can’t even say that all moments of LM are pleasant. But it’s worth the experience of the top notes to get to the basenotes which lose the feel of charred things and petrochemicals. The base centers on a handsome severity that only a unsmiling, unsweetened floral can give

LM is similar to Tauer’s earlier l’Air de Désert Marocain, but far less comfortable. The amber and incense of l’Air are replaced with rubber and tar in LM. By the heart, LM smells equally earthy and woody tied together by the almost sweet rubber note. The drydown is the best part, though. The floral note (jasmine? carnation?), which really only appears well into the heart, lasts until the finish where LM seems like a dry, smoky, floral tea.

I don’t wear LM very often, but it makes me think when I do.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

Think if L'Air met a cowboy in a leather suit who just came from telling stories by campfire last night. However, he may have just visited his girlfriend on the way over and they had a few wrestles in the sheets. There is this sweet sort of feminine quality yet it is brash and a bit harsh...its like a few different fragrances all fighting for the top spot and no one wins..they just decide to have brunch and make up. Hard to define yet hard to get over...the problem is purchasing it and wearing it somewhere. For those who find L'Air difficult to wear this my friend....well just say it makes L'Air very similar to Prada Infusion on wearability. Lovely just very challenging.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

The opening of this is just too sweet for me. There is definitely a smoky amber right from the beginning...totally caught me off guard. Somehow reminded me of barbeque meat, and since I'm vegetarian, I found the smell kind of disgusting. I love the amber leathers like Knize Ten and others, but this was just too far out for me. I find it interesting, but not pleasing in any way, and cannot tolerate for more than a few whiffs at a time. Not at all what I had hoped for, but Andy's L'Air Du Desert Marocain more than makes up for this. Now there is a scent that is pleasing and downright addicting!

Espi
Espi

This is most certainly not a fragrance you'd be wearing casually ;). But one that makes me almost homesick for storytelling & chanting around a campfire. Perfect for guys and girls who are or have been scouts and long for the past or just can't wait till next time!
While an avid camper I've never done the 'campfire spiel' as my camping was mostly done guerilla style .. but I did have some group camps and lovingly remember those too! Just not the smell of campfire : that mostly was too strong for my nose, yet smelling it makes me nostalgic. Just like when wearing Lonestar Memories!

Yamba1
Yamba1

Mr Tauer, you are a creative genius. Lonestar is a difficult perfume to understand. It is brash and in your face, but it also tells a story of the Wild West and Cowboys. Although the notes do not mention leather, there is a strong accord of smokey barbeque meat, and you can almost touch the embers on the fire. Like any wood fire, it can become choking at times but it also mesmerizes the wearer.

If this perfume were a person, it would swagger and wear ripped jeans.

I would recommend anyone who is interested in the artistry of perfume making to test this and other Andy Tauer creations. It may not be to your liking, but you have to stand back and say 'wow'.

chaosvirtu
chaosvirtu

I agree with Mr. Doody, this is so strange, so interesting...and I can't quite decide whether I love, or hate it. The first hour is hard for me to like: It smells like the taste of a shocking licorice a friend from the Netherlands brought. Not like any licorice I had ever had before here in the US, this was dark, diabolical, unendurable (had to spit it out!).
-Several hours after spraying it is soft, warm, and makes my head spin. This could be powerfully good on the right cowboy!

Sillage is moderate (I'm glad).
Longevity is excellent, I could still smell it the next day.

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

this is some distinctive stuff!

can't entirely figure out what i think about it though! it isn't my kind of fragrance, methinks (but i'm not sure!). it's like you see a painting or an interior design and you know it's fantastically implemented - but it's not for you. that kinda feeling. i mean you SHOULD love it 'cuz it's so interesting and different, but you don't. that kinda feeling. all that said, i keep sniffing my wrists! it's damn neat stuff!

lots of tobacco to my (perhaps untrained) nose (not listed in the pyramid - odd). maybe it's the sandalwood/myrrh in some dark form? during the dry down (though hours after i put it on) i swore i smelled root beer or sarsaparilla - it had that sweetness to it. it does not now.

imo, you should definitely file this under "you need to try it out". don't buy this one blind!

longevity appears to be high. sillage appears to be medium to low.

UPDATE

a couple hours later, the damn stuff is still holding up, and now the sweetness has returned. what sort of necromancy has mr. tauer poured into this little blue bottle exactly?!??!?!

Henriette
Henriette

If you love Bandit, you might love Lonestar Memories too. If you think Bandit is bold but not bold enough, or if you expected it was even bolder, then go for Lonestar Memories. At first it's an explosion of smoke and leather, very strong, almost unbearable. Allow it to dry and settle on your skin. After two-three hours you have a marvellous scent still powerful, but less aggressive. It might be more for a man than for a woman, given its spicy undertone, its woods, leaves and earth smelling, but dare it when you are super elegant on mundane occasions. Unconventional style you will get. You will be admired and complimented a lot. Dare be personal and do get rid of intense flowery scent for the evening, do dare this one!

jtd

I have to say, I’ve never spent so long contemplating the rating of a perfume on Basenotes as I have with Andy Tauer’s Lonestar Memories. I’m between neutral and thumbs-up. Ultimately I’ll give it the thumbs-up, as it ‘s so well composed and really rather daring. My hesitation is over the fact that it’s not always a pleasure to wear. I identify the same things in LM that the negative reviewers have noted, but overall I tend to like the specific parts that they don’t.

Tar, carrot seed and wood with a bit of florals place LM somewhere beyond leather. Knize Ten and Etat Libre’s Rien are mild in comparison. LM has a much more burnt quality than the other two. ‘Tar’ and ‘burnt’ do to an extent add up to ‘snubbed cigarette’ but mostly the charred feel is like burnt wood. Not the smoke of burning wood, but old campfire.

LM is similar to Tauer’s earlier l’Air de Désert Marocain, but far less comfortable. The amber and incense of l’Air are replaced with rubber and tar in LM. By the heart, LM smells equally earthy and woody tied together by the almost sweet rubber note. The drydown is the best part, though. The floral note (jasmine? carnation?), which really only appears in the heart, lasts until the finish where LM seems like a dry, smoky, floral tea.

I couldn’t wear this every day, but it makes me think when I do.

Lonestar Memories smells like an Oilman wearing an amber fragrance at a barbecue (well, sort of). This is quite a challenging composition. It opens with a blast of spicy-smoky leather that smells halfaway between tear gas, tar, burnt rubber and, yes, barbecue. Myrrh and amber make their appearance right away adding a consistent dose of sweetness while the smoky feel remarks its presence throughout.

While Lonestar Memories is anything but easy to wear I'm still compelled by its daring smell. I tend to classify it more as a conceptual fragrance than a body one but it's definitelty a successful example of perfumery as an art.

If you're into pretty/clean fragrances, stay carefully away as this is anything but lovely.

Now I see where Lisa Kirk took the inspiration for her Revolution.

Rating: 7.5-8/10

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Strange. The first thing I smell is nutmeg and other spices, although the leather and smoke are certainly there, too. The model cowboy must have had his pockets stuffed with spices to use when cooking his gourmet grub over the campfire while applying his floral-scented hair treatment.

As it dries down it becomes smokier, woodier, and more leather-like. This is not the hard-core outdoorsy scent that so many reviewers and advertising blurbs seem to suggest, but rather the scent of a beautifully made antique leather pouch that’s been used to carry spices, dried flowers, and smoky tea.

After a couple of hours during which the leather note is present, the fragrance dries down to a carmelized vanilla amber that remains close to the skin. I like Lonestar Memories a lot, and will definitely wear a spritz now and then from my little 2-ml decant.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This stuff is simply beautiful. Truly unisex, it smelled great on both my husband and me, with a dry, crackling earthiness and only a hint of tarry bonfire. It's underpinned by a lovely amber which keeps it sweet, definately more Brokeback mountain than John Wayne and I would be more than happy to wear this every day - if I could afford it!!
I must add that my husband felt that this is the one which reminded him most of Morrocco, rather than L'Air du Desert Marocain! They definately both have the desert vibe, your own memories can tell you which one!!

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

A fleeting vegetal dryness to open, then some sweet jasmine and incense.

After the sweetness subsides, cedar comes to the fore creating more woody dryness, then suddenly, "Rawhide!!!"

I can't help thinking of cowboys either at this stage--rough leather, hot ash and smoking campfire. Then the sweetness of the cistus (aka labdanum, rockrose) weaves in and out creating a deeper smouldering allure.

Ultimately the tonka and sandalwood in the base allows Lonestar Memories to finish as a snuggle with your cowboy around a campfire at night--a hint of a medicinal myrrh undertone with cured leather, tobacco and all.

Migotka
Migotka

After the first sniff I knew Lonestar Memories is no for me. But I just had to appreciate it; I love perfume that tell a story or create interesting imagery, even if they dont suit me.

Lonestar Memories for me is actually not a scent of Wild West. Somehow it makes me think of post-apocaliptic future. A desert? Yes, but spotted with strange machines. Emptiness, loneliness. A cowboy on a mechanical horse. An abandoned chappel. Scent of dust and sand. A little wodden in from time to time, run by an old guy who has seen it all.

It is interesting and unique, but much as I love the picture, the fragrance doesn't seem to go well with me overally.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

This is a unique and uncommon perfume. I am extremely fond of its wily charms.

In a blink or you will miss it moment, there is a peculiar scent upon opening which I find utterly intriguing but also a bit off limits - like a secret men's club. Of course, I am not conversant with carrot seeds or clary sage so who can say if they are the exclusive domain of MAN??

But before this mystery can be resolved (ie about a minute later), a smokey tobacco lends itself to creating a leather analogue. Since no actual leather or tobacco are listed in the notes this seems to be a genius composition - creating something so realistic from horizontal components instead of the more obvious and seemingly sensible approach of including the actual notes.

In the heart on my feminine skin, it is quite inexplicably sweet especially when more masculine wood representations permeate to create a robust, clean, wafting aura of a scent.

The drydown is dusty and loses some of its impact as the tonka smooths out any rough edges.

Since this is a unisex perfume with an obvious male bias, I was permitted a patch of fiance's skin to test the results. His skin was not so accepting; it smelt like a doused campfire, stale cigarette smoke and hot sweaty trousers which had been ruined from a hard day of riding a recalcitrant horse.

Sorry honey, this one is all mine! Mwoaaaaaahhhhh!

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

My wild child-womanhood dream!! If I would have met a man who wears THAT perfume I ve done everything to be his girl!! I smell all the fine things from the beginning: adventure, finest saddle horse leather,smoke, wood, incense, some wild jasmine.. and that man is taking me in his arms only to throw me on his mustang and then he d jump on that horse too and off we go ... through the deserty dusty plains, the pine woods not far away along the the route and I get a feeling, that all my wishes will come true..we arrive at a camp fire and my man is sweating a little so his smell becomes sweeter and more cedar-like and I m melting in his arms again, my nose buried in his neck..and the mustang is giving a soft blow through his nostrils and I m in my smokey leathery horse heaven..Oh that perfume!
Alas, in real life my husband would not wear this beauty and I am wearing it myself to have a little dreaming on.. Great creation Mr. Tauer!

9154mf
9154mf

Smells like leathery/suede with tobacco, there is some warmth from the tonka and sandal, but it's tempered by the myrrh. I can see why some might like this, esp on a man, but I don't like it. It's a bit too wild west for me :)

jeca
jeca

True America ;o) leather, smoke, wood, tobacco, a scent for a cowboy, like on its packaging ;o)

libertybelle
libertybelle

Smokey opening. Carrot is very light and adds a bit of sweetness. Drydown brings just a touch of cedar with the tonka and myrrh more prominent. I don't get too much jasmine thankfully. I really like it. I know it's a mens fragrance but I think the right woman can wear this one too.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

The initial burst of barbecue spice and heavy wood smoke quickly mellows into a fantastic earthy accord that is smoothed by myrrh and sweetened with jasmine. For me it leans more to the masculine side - I love it on my husband but I wear it too when I want to feel that rich, strange warmth of campfires under desert skies. Tauer fragrances have a wonderful dreamlike quality - truly inspiring!

cbstarker
cbstarker

In the Great American West, there are areas where sagebrush extends to the horizon in all directions and one can get deep whiffs of dry dusty air scented by the all that sage. There are also Pinon trees that give a sweet pine/cedar scent especially when burning, its smoke a fragrant almost mystical scent. Unfortunately, I get very little of either in this fragrance. However, at first blast, this does come off as a good leather scent, something dirty and worn like a saddle glossy with wear. Clary sage is known to smell like leather when combined with the right ingredients and this is what I like best about Lonestar. However, before long this turns into more of a woody gourmand. In turns, Lonestar fades into something of a woody spicecake that is mediocre at best and while I do like LM, I'm not crazy for sweet drydowns. In the end, there's nothing really Western about this fragrance unless the cowboys are stopping by the cafe for a spiced latte after a long day in the saddle. Good for women and men alike and best worn in colder weather, this fragrance has typical Tauer longevity and sillage, which is great.

Leesee
Leesee

After opening with a shower of piquant spice and smoke, Lonestar Memories settles into a soft floral underpinned with spices, leather, and fine, charred wood. An engaging and long-lasting scent, perfect for a man or a woman. Lovely!