Designers » T-Z » Oriental Woody « Groups

05 Incense Extreme Tauer Perfumes for women and men

05 Incense Extreme Tauer Perfumes for women and men
dislike

smoky
05 Incense Extreme Tauer Perfumes for women and men Pictures 05 Incense Extreme Tauer Perfumes for women and men Pictures 05 Incense Extreme Tauer Perfumes for women and men Pictures 05 Incense Extreme Tauer Perfumes for women and men Pictures

Andy Tauer wanted to give this fragrance pure and intense notes of frankincense, in minimalist interpretation, touched by spices, dry cedar wood and ambergris, which surround the rich red and intense frankincense.

The central component of the composition Boswellia Serrata extrait in a high concentration of 25%, surrounded by dry wood and ambergris which build the composition around this natural frankincense (CO2 Boswellia Serrata extrait) also known as Indian frankincense.

The fragrance has captured the roughness of semi-desert climate where Boswellia tree grows. Incense extreme reminds of Boswellia resin scent, translucent like the smoke of Boswellia resin burning on the coal, and crisp as desert night.

The fragrance features coriander, citruses, and petit-grain in the top, iris and frankincense in the heart and cedar and ambergris in the base. It was created in 2007 and is available as 50ml (1.7 fl.oz.) EDP.

Coriander Petitgrain

Incense Orris Root

Amber Cedar Woody Notes

Incense Flash

05 Incense Extreme Fragrance Reviews

shiva-woman
shiva-woman

I don't fundamentally dislike this scent, but I agree with the reviewer below. I like the initial bergamot even elemi scent well enough though it's not incense to me, skewing more citrus-herbal acrid, but it is so fleeting. The juice lasts about a minute on me. I spritzed myself liberally throughout the day with my generous 5 ml tester, and only at the end of the day, after pressing my nose against my shirt where I had fired away repeatedly did I get a whiff of Heeley-like incense, faint, thin, definitely not sweet which is good (I love the Heeley which is substantial on my skin). I appreciate the initial lift, but this is not how I like my incense overall. Of course, the first requirement is that I smell it long enough to enjoy it, and that was not the case. I very much enjoy the Tauer Incense Rose, but I'm continuing with my search. I have found some winners already mentioned by several, but this is not one imho.

Desertedbeach
Desertedbeach

I wanted to love this and I really really didn't. I expected full on incense and for some reason, on my skin, I smell bergamot, bergamot and bergamot with the incense finally making an appearance after about an hour but with the bergamot always there. Why am I smelling this? it's not listed, I shouldn't be smelling it but I am. I am very confused and so disappointed.I have waited years to smell this. Perhaps I have a duff sample. I am such a frankincense addict and this just didn't work for me. I am bereft.

Trobador
Trobador

For me this is a dries up mouldering stump in the forest (autumn and breezy forest...and cloudy sky).

Absolutely best combination of woody/orris root notes of all parfumes I have ever tried. Unisex and without any sweetness. And I like this fact sooo much, coz I'm so tired about sweet notes in parfumes.

And yes, I have triad Incense Extreme few months ago on the blotter and it still smells. About 4 months ago. Excellent.

chove
chove

Years ago I used to work in a baroque theatre that by chance had been preserved in it's original condition. The building had been asleep for centuries, but the original wooden machinery is once again running and during the brief Nordic summers the theatre is fully functional. To enter that splendid house on a cold spring day when the low sun trails the rooms, highlighting every dust cloud, is exactly like the opening of Incense Extreme. The effect is similar to the general ”old house smell” but the initial petitgrain and coriander seed blast is specifically addressing the gypsum dust from those plentiful trompe l'oeil decorations, made by papier maché and plaster.

One might argue that the olibanum-petitgrain-coriander combination lacks innovation, but it's indeed extreme in this case because of the total absence of sweet relief within the perfume. I know I´m in the minority here, but to me Incense Extreme is an almost entirely spicy-woody experience, with coriander and cedar as prominent notes. There's very little smoke, hardly any balsamic warmth but lots of grayish, ashlike powder. Indeed, the dusty, musty odours build up in the heart of the scent to a point where the culinary smells totally ruin this fragrance for me. I'm left with the impression of a liver stew with too much white pepper and bay leaf. It's a shame after such a thrilling opening.

NicheMaster29
NicheMaster29

I didn't like this at first, but after going through some blind samples (reaching in a bag full of samples from lucky scent) with out looking at what they are , I came across this. I said. "Oh my how is this not in my collection?" Not looking at this from a incense perspective, from a earthy, spicy and woody fresh perspective with Tauers dna in there, I just knew I was going to end up with a full bottle of this. It's very different. It does have similar vibes of his newest creation incense flash to it. I think what he did there was take this formula and tweaked it a bit to get more followers.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Incense scents usually don't impress me, and this one is no exception. It goes on with the same sort of mysterious dry mustiness found in Salvador Dali Pour Homme and doesn't develop much on my skin. In fact, after about 40 minutes or so it almost entirely disappears. It's very timid. So this one isn't showing me much.

vallensvelvet
vallensvelvet

I wonder if this is one of those scents that just really reacts differently on different people.

I was expecting a lot of incense from this, based on the notes, name and reviews; but, instead, what I get is citrus and earth. It opens with a green, almost spicy petitgrain, which is very nice, and this lingers through the mid notes. Underneath the petitgrain, a flinty, dry mineral character develops. It is somewhat similar to the mineral aspect of Terre d'Hermes; however, it grows warmer and warmer as the fragrance develops almost like stone being heated in a fire until, as someone else mentioned, the overwhelming sense is of sauna stones: a glowing, dusty, dry heat. Amongst all this, and contributing to it, there is incense...but it is not distinct as a note to me, rather it's blended into this mineral impression.

I think this is a beautiful fragrance, quite masculine and sensual, I'm tempted to buy it for my husband. It doesn't deliver on the incense promised in its name for me, though.

Edit: I've come back to add that this fragrance is haunting me. I crave it often and have almost used up my sample...I still feel that it presents as overtly masculine, perhaps too much so for me to buy a full bottle, but I adore it. It really is stunningly beautiful, if not especially incense-y.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

I have smelled many incense scents from many of the big names. This should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Avignon or any other church like incense. I get a powdery, green vibe from this. The orris root is on full blast on my skin with very little incense. Petigrain is the 2nd most dominant note with some light woods. No sweetness from the amber at all which is a bummer. For Tauer to call name this an incense has me just as puzzled as why to name Rose 31, well Rose 31 as it is dominated by woods. Check out Full Incense or Cardinal if you want a church like incense.

Angela Agiannidou
Angela Agiannidou

When Alaric, King of Visigoths invaded Rome in August 410 he took no prisoners. For weeks the Holy Roman city burnt in vengeance and destruction. The beautiful aromatic spice shops full of exotic resins from the Roman East burnt along with the blooming orange trees, wooden constructions and gardens spreading their incensuous miasma all over the Mediterranean World. Nothing but death and destruction reigned the Land. The tragedy of Germanic(pre Euro) influence was the inspiration behind the Extreme Incense concoction by Tauer. A historic homage to pure fire and brimstone, pure and simple. Wear it at your peril.

massimilianoinquieto
massimilianoinquieto

La stessa base di Incense rosè, solo che al posto delle clementine (mandarini) e della rosa (che mi sa piu di geranio), ci ha messo il coriandolo e la lavanda.
questi profumi non mi evocano niente. mi fanno pensare a uno che mescola ingredienti come potrebbe fare un bambino.
Come mai i grandi profumi fino a 5 anni fa avevano molte note elencate e adesso solo tre o quattro? e comunque la miseria olfattiva si sente. sono materia senza emozione. e sintetici per la maggior parte.

When I heard Tauer had an Incense fragrance I was keen to try it and it's taken me until now to do so...shocking really! Incense extreme is what you'd expect from a quality perfumer like Andy Tauer and a fragrance with 'Incense' in the name.
However although I don't entirely agree with my pal @'Roge's review because I don't think it's entirely the purest olibanum I've smelled. It is pretty linear though the resin is a complex note itself the only other thing I got was pettygrain in the very opening and that's about it. Maybe some cedar??
I do concur that this is a tame effort from Tauer considering his calling card is originality. So this is not a bad perfume, far from it infact. I'm an incense addict and especially frankincense and this has huge appeal for me, it's a mixture of the delicate and cerebral CdG Incense series (as many have mentioned) it's a little like Avignon and Zagorsk which acts as a huge endorsement.
It's not quite another ringer for Avignon/Heeley Cardinal etc... etc... but it's in the same ballpark.
It's translucent enough to be refreshing and light but not deep or earthy enough to be a great frankincense...So nothing extreme here just a good fragrance.
Longevity is average and doesn't really project but it's one of those fragrances that you will enjoy for yourself. If you're lucking for Tauer magic and originality check out some of his other fragrances.

HickorySmoke
HickorySmoke

I was really was digging Incense Extreme for the first hour then things went south for me, it dissolved into a skin scent and didn't blend with my chemistry one bit. Oh well you win some you lose some. My skin just devoured this, and overall wasn't impressed.

Roge'
Roge'

A true niche for dummies. No real special effects here nor big time CGI. Just plain ole incense...frankincense style. Starts out with a strong blast of resins with a dirty, woody almost earthy undertone. I found this to be more balsamic than smoky(sounds oxymoronic but try it and you'll see what im talking about). 30 minutes later, the incense transitions toward a sugary direction and pretty much stays that way till the dry out. You almost have to judge this solely on the aroma itself and ignore the complexity. Scent wise, this is what you would expect from a fragrance with the word "incense" in its name.

Ziggy2012
Ziggy2012

I admire Andy Tauer and his work and I really like this. It is one of the most wearable incense fragrances I have tried.

Like all Tauer fragrances, and perhaps because of the really high quality ingredients, it has good longevity and this one has modest projection and some sillage

Initially I was a bit disappointed. It seemed a very toned down Orange Star, with some extra incense notes. The petitgrain does give it a noticable citrus vibe in the top note accord. It is immediately identifiable from the Tauerade base.

The incense developes as you wear it, with the woody notes and the 'citrus' quality. Sometimes the incense is more prominent, sometimes the woods and sometimes the petitgrain. It's subtly changing and very pleasant.

It is not quite so 'church incensy' as CdG Avignon or Heeley's Cardinal or Tom Ford Sahara Noir or April Aromatics Calling all Angels, and perhaps because of that it seems more wearable.

Definitely worth trying if you like the idea of incense with some woods and a prominent orange citrus note.

Carnelian
Carnelian

This might be pretty pure and contain a good concentration of Boswellia Serrata frankincense, which is great - but I greatly dislike the blend surrounding it. It's not a dislike in a "this is crap" way, the quality is great, staying power great, sillage decent, but because I don't like the blend of the notes. It only comes across a bit "church incense," to me, the frankincense comes off nicely on the top, but then I lose it in other notes. For me, it's actually better first on, where the cedar, coriander and something like pine dominate, it's like wood chips or walking through a wet forest. This part was not so bad. But during the drydown, a note emerges that blows it for me - a combination of bitter and sour...for me, it ends up smelling like cedar blended with grapefruit rinds. UGH!! What may have helped this for me would be a touch of sweet, a faint hint, or some smoke, but there is neither, it's dry, raw and sharp. For me, the bitterness overwhelms the woodiness. And no, to me NOT unisex. As a woman, I would not enjoy smelling this on a man, much less myself. It's bearable from a little distance, the frankincense and cedar are the strongest so it's not so bitter, but, um, I generally like to smell my fella's cologne close up, so - it's a no go here. NOT my favorite incense frag. Make sure you test this one before buying.

Imadele
Imadele

I did not like this for me as I found it to be on the masculine side ..
I might love it for someone else ..

drkool_phd
drkool_phd

I previously gave this a bad review, but now I have changed my mind. Initially, I was new to the incense genre and expected something similar to church incense. However, this fragrance contains Boswellia serrata (Indian frankincense), which smells somewhat different from the Somali kind used in liturgical incense. Anyway, today I received some Indian frankincense CO2 in the mail, and it is definitely the dominant note in Incense Extreme. It's exactly as described on the Tauer website: "Minimalist, intense, clear. A perfume built around a natural CO2 extract of Boswellia serrata."

Now I have changed my mind about this one and consider it among the closest to the actual resin.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

A nice initial slap in the face with probably the largest amount of frankincense I've ever witnessed in a fragrance. The incense is so dry and potent that it does indeed remind me of black pepper, as someone before me mentioned. But peppery does not scare me. A good dose of lemony coriander and green petit grain is probably what ends up scaring half the reviewers away by tickling their poor nose to the point of almost sneezing. If you wait for what follows, you will be rewarded. Personally, I enjoy the whole ride, but for most, sharp peppery/incensy tones are just too much.

Brace yourself for what follows. Moving on, 5 minutes later the scent really smooths into a wonderful cedarwood, the addictive kind for me, non sweet but just a little wet and sappy, as in freshly cut cedar branches. The kind that is grounding and makes me feel like I'm home. I am very attached to cedarwood, it is a very emotional note for me in fragrances... when REAL. And this is it, people. The real deal. I will start suggesting this beauty to people looking for a good, different cedarwood. This will be a nice cousin scent to my beloved (tamed) Tam Dao edt... a dry incense with lovely woods and coniferous. I feel as if this scent would be too "dry" without the fatty animalic ambergris. There is no amber here (although listed). This is not sweet, it is "fatty" and "mineral" in the base. Don't wait for the familiar ambery, golden base note, it's not coming. Thank God for this scent not following a predictable and boring path. A soft, earthy and powdery "real" orris root note gives softness to the heart and follows the scent into the drydown. I am so sick of fake "iris" notes à la Prada. This is such a welcome gift. What a treat.

Once again, I am grateful for an incense/wood fragrance without the obvious presence of the typical "fillers"; amber and vanilla.

A visual... I am lying on the needle covered floor of a coniferous forest, burning frankincense out of a little stone bowl. Peaceful, meditative, natural. An intelligent scent that does not take itself seriously. It just is natural and beautiful. I can also see a faraway fire. Someone is trimming a cedar hedge and burning the discarded branches. This really smells of home to me. (Eastern Canada)

I want to mention again, an incensed up cousin of Tam Dao. I'm also reminded of my newly acquired Jovoy, Boisé. A touch of dirtiness, but the Jovoy is cumin while the Tauer is ambergris. But this is much stronger than both of those. It has more presence. It's more... Tauer, literally.

Kain
Kain

This is one of those daring scents guys.
I have smelt different fragrances with incense in it but this one is completely different and very unique.
The opening is a brutal combination of sharp herbal, dry woody and strong spicy notes.
It's dark, herbal, extremely spicy that smell more like black pepper. there is no sweet note here. there are no citruses or floral notes.
This may shock you at first sniff!
It's almost acidic and I know this may be funny, but the opening remind me of the smell of ants! I'm not joking!
I used to play with ants a lot when I was a little kid and I can remember formic acid smell because of touching ants in my hands and this fragrance smell really close to that!
If you don't believe me, go and touch a few ants and smell your hand, then go and smell this fragrance.
It's very interesting smell and I like it but at the same time very different.
It's very linear and only gets smoother as time goes by.
Projection is good (not great) and longevity is around 6 hours on my skin.
It's growing on my and with more wearing it via my sample I'm liking it more.
Definitely not a safe blind buy.

راستش این یکی از متفاوت ترین عطرهایی هست که تست کردم
من عطرهای زیادی بر اساس رایحه بخور تست کردم ولی این شبیه هیچ کدومشون نیست و بوی کاملا منحصر بفردی داره
مطمئنم بوی اولیه این خیلی از افرادُ شوکه میکنه
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی بسیار تند و فلفلی شبیه به بوی فلفل سیاه همراه با رایحه تلخ و گیاهی بخور و رایحه تند و تیز چوب درخت سرو شروع میشه
اصلا شیرین نیست. اصلا رایحه های مرکباتی و رایحه گلها نداره
یه بوی خشک چوبی و بسیار تند و تیز فلفلی و بسیار تلخ و گیاهی
بخور اینجا حس دودی نداره
بوی گیاهی تلخی داره که شخصا تابحال تجربه نکرده بودم
عطر اینقدر تند و تیزه که یه حالت اسیدی داره تقریبا
راستش شاید خنده دار و عجیب به نظر برسه ولی بوی این عطر منو یاد بوی مورچه میندازه
جدی میگم. شوخی نمیکنم
من بچگیا با مورچه زیاد بازی میکردم و بوی اسید فرمیک که روی بدن مورچه وجود داره رو دقیقا یادمه چطوریه
این عطر بوش منو تا حد زیادی (نه کامل) یاد اون بوی تند و تیز اسیدی مورچه میندازه
البته نه اینکه خیلی بد باشه. اتفاقا بوش جالبه و شخصا خوشم اومد اما به طور حتم عطریه که خیلی ها رو شوکه میکنه
با گذر زمان بوی عطر هیچ تغییری نمیکنه و فقط به مرور ملایتر میشه
پخش بوش متوسط به بالا رو به خوبه و ماندگاریش هم در حد 6 ساعت روی پوست هست
راستش اولش از بوش زیاد خوشم نیومده بود اما هر چی بیشتر استفاده میکنم (الان بار سوم هست) بیشتر و بیشتر از بوش خوشم میاد
به هیچ وجه خرید بدون تست این عطرُ پیشنهاد نمیکنم

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on a sample vial I got from Tauer Perfumes. Although it may not be as complex as Incense Avignon by CdG, I must say this simple yet lovely incense smells very similar to the one my Church burns in censer. I'm not sure which frankincense my Church uses but the one in Tauer's is Indian frankincense. I believe it's the same one I get in LDDM. I really like this one. IMO it's much better than Encens Flamboyant by Annick Goutal.

Having tried his Incense Extreme I'm looking forward to sample Incense Rose, which I've placed sample order of.

42gr

I've copied this review to here as I think this is the appropriate place for it

Tauer extreme Incense versus Jeke.

Recently ordered in samples of Nasomatto Duro and Tauer extreme Incense, to compare to Jeke.

The orders came in:

Tauer, quite linear. Remember the smell of resin applied to the stings of your violin ? That lemony - simple resin smell ? Well this is it.

Didn't really get Tauer at first - thought - yes I like it, a bit boring though. However it grows on you with time. The more I use it the more I'm comfortable with it. It layers very well with Jeke.

Tauer represents the violins.
Jeke the symphony of churches.

42gr

I keep coming back to this.

Dry Linear, Majestic Pine Frankincense Incense smell.

Between this, L`Air du Desert Marocain and Lone Star Memories all from the same house, I far prefer this. It has soul.

The smell of Church without having to go to one

Longevity pretty good, around 8 hours.

Unisex

This is Bohemian Rhapsody, Queen

Boswellia Serrata, 25% ?

Time to hit the bottle again

harmonia
harmonia

I have to disagree with many of the reviews here. It is a fine composition, cool and warm at the same time, but way too intense for my taste. Certainly not discreet. Maybe I suffered one of those power-batches again? I would also like to have a bit more of that precious amber to balance the dry incense. I bought it two years ago but have not been able to wear it, mainly due to the headaches that follow and complaints from my partner.

Sillage and longevity reach killer levels on my skin! I seriously consider to dilute it to a "cologne", maybe that will do the trick...

rzooq
rzooq

incense extreme tauer

انا ابي هذا العطر__ السعوديه__ الرياض 0500002126

marktn73
marktn73

The best Incense parfum in the world!!! Super!

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

امممممممم عطر جميل جدا ولكن ليس افضل هواء الصحراء المغربية رقم 2

هذا العطر شبية في افتتاحيته نوعا ما بعطر هواء الصحراء المغربية ولكن الذي يفرق عنه هذا العطر عن هواء الصحراء لايوجد به رائحة سويت اقصد بالسويت رائحة كالفانيلا كالعنبر عندما يكون بارز بالعطر كالكراميل هذه تعطي رائحة سويت للعطر وغيرها كثير لكن هذا العطر رائحة التوابل في بداية والمتمثلة بالكزبرة الرائعه ولكن ولكن ليست رائحتها مثل مانشمها بالاضافة الى النارنج (الحمضي) هذا ماتجدة في بداية العطر وبعد فترة بسيطة جدا ستجد الرائحة خفت نوعا ماء ولكنها باقية (افتتاحية العطر) وستجد بعد انك سرعان ما تشم رائحة اللبان الرائعه التي لم اجد عطر اجادها مثل هذا العطر نعم هي لست مكتوبة ضمن مكونات العطر ولكني اشمها او بسبب مكون اوريس روت لانه رائحة شبية وقريبة احيانا الرائحة من رائحة علك اللبان لم تشمه مباشرة واعتقد انه السبب هذا
اذا رائحة العطر في نظري تتمحور حول هذه النوتات اوريوس روت ورائحة البخور والعنبر في نظري هم ابطال قصة هذها العطر بامتياز المختلفة عن رائحة البخور اقصد بالخور هنا ليست بخور العود وانما بخور
Frankincense

انصح بهذا العطر لمن هم فوق 24 واولئك الذين يعشقون الرائحة الشرقية العطر سياخذ فليلا الى الوراء وستتذكر ايام الزمن الجميل
انا اعشق العطور التي تذكرني بامر ما وهذا احدها
ثبات العطر اتوقع انه سيكون كبيقة عطور اندي ممتازة*
جمال رائحة من عشرة اعطية 9.10
جودة المكونات : ممتاز
ثبات وفوحان العطر ممتاز

اخي الكريم ارجوك جرب عينات من العطور في حال نصحها لك اي شخص لانه العطور مساله ذوق
فما يعجبني قد لايعجيك
اذا كنت ستجرب احد عطور اندي تاور انصحك اولا تجرب هواء الصحراء المغربية رقم 2 عطر رائع بمعنى الكلمة اذا كنت محب للعطور الشرقية ولو لم تكن كذلك العطر جميل جدا وهذا العطر رائع واحببته.

cezarmac
cezarmac

Really you guys got Ambar from IE?If it exists the dryness and bitterness from other notes make it be null,maybe my skin type problem or my nose but with all sure of this world IE basically is realistic frankincense,petitgrain and a blast of coriander.Very well done,perfectly mysterious and woody feeling will take you into a Catholic World journey.Unfortunately Tauer transformed the concept of incense so real that now it is almost unwearable at least to me,in others words i cant find out a proper occasion to smell like it.
Either way i like it despite buy a bottle isnt necessary.

oilizer
oilizer

To me, this scent smells similar to L'air du Desert Marocain, except there's added layer to the dryness from the incense. This makes the scent smell more... cedar like. I personally prefer the balance between dry/wood and sweet in L'adDM better. And since I already have a bottle of L'adDM, I will not be buying a full bottle of this.

9-na
9-na

A present. This scent was incense and lemon on me, plesantly refreshing just when I needed it.

dkny27
dkny27

The incense is very distinct, and yes, it does smell somewhat ceremonial on my skin. I get more of the woods at the beginning and am left with a smoky incense that is very robust. There is a very rich quality to the dry down which comes from the heart of the incense, it is almost perfume-y but stops short with a hint of menthol in my nose.
I think Tauer scents are so deep rooted in quality and distinction, even just to sample the scent will trasport you into a short story......

Krickard
Krickard

If you've ever been inside a Roman Catholic Church on a Holy Day of Obligation then you have smelled this before. It's exactly the smell of a burning Censer being swung around a church. The scent takes me back to St. James Church in Elkins Park Pennsylvania, circa 1981... the last year I believed in god.

junglefun
junglefun

I smell the frankincense, the cedar, and the petit grain. Just doesn't smell all that pleasant to me together. Try before buy for sure.

Labaloo
Labaloo

So nice... this is all and more than I ever hoped for- and it works quite well with my chemistry. It calms and opens my mind to dreams. The serene, dry facet of olibanum is enhanced here- there is very-little of the warmth one finds in LDDM- or in other blends of frankincense that often also feature the more-accessible myrrh. It is best not to judge this fragrance until after about 30 min when the aggressive top subsides, when the true nature of the composition emerges: a temple perched high in a mountain forest; frankincense offered to the crystal air.

JackWest
JackWest

To me this smells like LDDM (L`Air du Desert Marocain) from the same house. I would not buy this if I owned LDDM. Between the two fragrances, I prefer LDDM, thus making this one redundant. To me the Incense does not stand out. My untrained nose gives this one a thumbs down for redundancy. I would urge people considering to buy this one to first test LDDM. This fragrance is classy and turns heads.

sablebombe
sablebombe

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful ...... just read what everyone else says!

I still find CDG's Avignon slightly more reminiscence of the Mass for me as we used a slightly bitterer incense - but that all really depends on which incense the church uses and there are an awful lot to choose from (I know as I ordered them for the church I worked at) - this has a sweeter smell to my nose and reminds me of an incense I ordered in error and we had to use for a couple of weeks - priest hated it but everyone else loved it (just can't please all I guess!!!)

I love Andy's perfumes - I kind of visualise him similar to a mad-scientist sitting solitarily in a lab with lotions and potions bubbling around him and he doesn't emerge until he has his creation !!!!!!!

Methinks, along with others that this is a good unisex scent - however, and it's not in the notes, I am getting a sweet rose scent sitting underneath all of this and find it turns much sweeter over a period of time??? Could this be the powdery Iris and orange leaves notes?

I also read that this contains ambergris and not amber?

Another love of Mr Tauer's perfumes!

Silhouette_
Silhouette_

Just like so many people on here, I was looking for the perfect frankincense. After trying CdG's incense series, Montale's Full Incense and a few other fragrances composed around this note, my search is over: I found the one.

Incense Extreme is precisely that cold, sheer, woody frankincense that I remember as the highlight of the Catholic masses I had to attend as a child. I grew myself atheist since then, so to speak, but I've always remembered this smell as something that each and every time had an almost transcendental effect on me, as if it was providing me with an escape route from the Christian air of austerity to a world that was more vivid, full of real colours and smells and flavours.

Rather than reminding me of the church in our village, this makes me think of the churches (and old buildings in general) that I've visited while travelling - it accentuates the distant mysticism of the frankincense and also doesn't smell as musty as Avignon or Full Incense. While being strong and charmingly persistant, it is also wearable and unpretentious.

Louw
Louw

I'm working my way through a sample vial of this at the moment as I'm trying to find an incense-based fragrance that suits me. So far I love it - nothing too complicated, superb incense notes that leave a smoky trail even after the dry-down, and a slightly woody note. However, it does smell very masculine on me and that's the only thing (apart from the cost of the stuff, of course) that's stopping me rushing out and treating myself to a bottle.

Melchizedek
Melchizedek

Best incense I've ever had. Definitely could consider for a decant. CDG cannot even be compared with this.

velb95
velb95

Incense Extreme was presented here like a "only for women" perfume, but it's really mostly "FOR MEN" or at list unisex one. The information from Osmoz is much more reliable and then, don't you see the ingredients: Coriander, Petitgrain, Incense C02, Dry woods, Ambergris?

I asked Andy Tauer what does he think about. That what he response me on Facebook:

2 ore fa Andy Tauer

Hi Giora,
to be honest, I don not remember such a discussion with Fragrantica. Maybe it is all a misunderstanding. For me incense extreme is a Unisex fragrance. By the way: I anyway do not worry about gender when it comes to perfumes any thing goes...
I think Incense extreme does very well on man's skin and I WOULD NOT describe it as woman's only.

Fragrant greetings,
Andy.

Hope it will help to Fragrantica to change their mind.

Perfumes form people that really knows how to make them! Incense Extreme is an extremely solid composition. Modern, consistent and elegant but at the same time descreet (expecially during the drydown). One of the most minimal incense creations yet among the most versatile. If you ever thought that Avignon was one of the most realistic "churchy" incenses, then try this one. The opening is breathtaking with a blast of pungent frankincense and petit grain surrounded by a remarkable woody vibe. Dry, almost harsh (cedar), but magistrally orchestrated to result incredibly likeable. Green undertones paired off with coniferous hints add depth and charme.The drydown it's somehow "lighter", comfortable and close to the skin and it's when the Tauer's signature becomes unmistakeable. I still found Avignon to be much more original and emotional but Tauer's take on straight forward frankincense is surely a winner. Recommended.

Cereza
Cereza

This is no doubt a very special fragrance. It opened sharp and I almost decided to scrub it of because of the fact that there were LOADS of coriander. After a while it settles to a lovely incense fragrance like the name states. It is a fantastic smell. It smells like an old wooden bench in old Catholic church. It would smell wonderful on a very special man, but on me, it does not. Well. Actually it smells lovely, but I don't think that there is an event possible where I could wear this fume. Anyway - bravo for capturing the old wooden bench scent. I've always enjoyed the smell on old churches.

Coca cola and cedar at the onset, drying into cumin sweat.Once the cumin stage passes (thankfully it is brief) it dries down into a lovely powdered wood incense scent, smoky and woody. Lovely,without sharp edges or nasty sour notes.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I like to dream that this is how "perfume" smelt in biblical times. I picture dry, hot, exotic lands; bazaars; fragrant basalm oils that were fit for a king; the legendary Cedars of Lebanon. Sigh.

Anyway, this perfume itself has made itself quite comfy on my skin. Cedar usually agrees with me and the incense here is spiritual in nature, not ritualistic as we would commonly imagine, more akin to the spirituality of plant-life itself. Beautiful.

It is very strong (hence the title Incense Extreme) so if you try this, don't exect a mainstream incense inclusion - this is all about celebrating the beauty of nature's gift of fragrant wood. And there is nothing shy about nature now is there?

libertybelle
libertybelle

Oooh wee, cedar punches you in the nose at first application. It does soften a bit after a few minutes but the tart of the note remains for a good bit. Ambergris comes forward and a bit of musk. I don't think the spices are really too noticeable - this is not a spicy fragrance at all so if that's what you're after, you'd be better served choosing something else. It's on the low end of like for me since I don't find cedar overly appealing. Definately unisex.

alex1961
alex1961

Smoky frankincense and wet sticky pine sap on a foggy November morning that cools the nose and penetrates the mind. Reverie of a mossy run in an evergreen forest: this is amazing juice.

Maugli
Maugli

It's incense and it IS extreme. Better sit down before you try it. Might knock you out easily - that stuff... Don't drive or perform tasks which require concertration while having this on. This perfume exlipses all other sences but the sense of smell with ease. Being a girl i'd wear it with a leather jacket and jeans and (important)adventurous mood.

jcmunich

PS Sorry I forgot to say that I love the clarity and linearity of this fragrance. On me it is incredibly clear, clean and not sweet like so many other incense fragrances which are infused with vanilla. It is better than the CdG incense fragrances in my opinion. One of my all time favourites.

jcmunich

I don't understand why this fragrance is listes as "for women". It is one of these truly unisex fragrances. Does Andy list it as a femine fragrance? Have to check...

megannsmom
megannsmom

I agree with Kurisu on every point. This stuff is wow, in your face strong....dry intense incense, ALOT of Cedar, waaaaay to much for me. I have a small sample and have tested it no less than three times in a vain attempt to find some redeeming quality....um, sillage is good, has great lasting power...(unfortunately)but thats about all I can come up with!

kurisu
kurisu

Good quality...good staying power,but this scents is not for me!I don't like the opening with a blast of coriander...it's just too much.Not recommend to someone who don't like intense spices notes.it's not for everyone,should try before buy.