Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

06 Incense Rose Tauer Perfumes for women

06 Incense Rose Tauer Perfumes for women
dislike

smoky
06 Incense Rose Tauer Perfumes for women Pictures 06 Incense Rose Tauer Perfumes for women Pictures 06 Incense Rose Tauer Perfumes for women Pictures 06 Incense Rose Tauer Perfumes for women Pictures

Incense Rose is an oriental floral fragrance, launched in 2008.

Mysterious incense notes are surrounded with luminous citruses and roses, with dark balsamic resins.

While opening, Incense Rose brings notes of mystical and dark rose, followed by bergamot and clementine essential oil combined with cardamom and Bulgarian rose. The heart reveals a new and mysterious world with orris, dark and exuberant at the same time, combined with castor and woodsy accords.

The base introduces cedar from Texas, vetiver, balsamic and dark Myrrh, patchouli, natural frankincense (extrait of CO2 Boswellia Serrata, already mentioned in description of Incense Extreme fragrance), labdanum and ambrein. The fragrance is available as 50ml (1.7 fl.oz.) EDP. The bottle was created by Dezso Bodi, while the fragrance by Andy Tauer.

Clementine Bergamot Cardamom Bulgarian Rose

Orris Root Castoreum

Labdanum Patchouli Texas Cedar Vetiver Incense resins Myrrh

06 Incense Rose Fragrance Reviews

spidola
spidola

This perfume is multi-layered and deep. I really like its incensy base, but… I just can’t get over the opening – I get a huge amount of cardamom and it stays present for a good half of hour. I detest cardamom in big quantities…everything is said with that.

alberto1964
alberto1964

Incense and rose joined together in a whirl of sensuality. Incredibly warm and enveloping. Absolutely unisex and very long-lasting with a strong sillage. Irresistible.

massimilianoinquieto
massimilianoinquieto

Assomiglia a Cardinal di Heeley con l'aggiunta di rosa e di clementine. Poco sforzo. le note sono le stesse. tutti profumi gia sentiti. molto tecnici e poco passionali.
i profumieri che si stanno improvvisando come nasi credono che fare un profumo sia una composizione chimica. manca la passione e l'ispirazione, oltre che lo spirito artisitico. questi nuovi profumi non mi danno nessuna emozione. forse perchè chi li produce ne è privo. sembrano robot.
Questo profumo viene affogato da una dose di mandarino esagerata, sarebbe piacevole l'effetto della mirra e delle note animali , ma l'eccesso di agrumi ne soffoca lo sviluppo. le rose si sentono poco, sembra piu geranio che rosa. Complessivamente non è male, ma nemmeno qualcosa di oroginale o di speciale.

christianne1
christianne1

I have come to the conclusion that Andy Tauer is something you either "get" or you don't. But don't even try to understand his work if you like more than 5% of what Macy's has to offer. I don't mean to sound like some sort of snob. What I mean is that if you enjoy mainstream crowd pleasers meant to appeal to the masses then the chances are extremely slim that you will "get" it. At least at this point in the perfume journey.

If you find most of everything at Macy's (sorry Macy's I don't mean to pick on you, just using you as an example) mostly boring and generic and you crave something different.....then try some niche and indie options....but still hold off on Tauer. Wait until you get to the point of loathing most of what the department stores have to offer.

Now, it is time to give the Tauer a shot. And when you do, tell yourself that you will not come to a conclusion until you have tried a Tauer at least 3 times. Tauer is a three try minimum.

And if you want to try quintessential Tauer, reach for Incense Rose. Spray ONE spray and distribute it however you choose. Wear it all day before even considering an opinion. Then do this two more times. Now you are in a position to judge a Tauer.

I hated Incense Rose the first time I tried it. Thought people were nuts or only "pretending" to like it. My perfume journey continued and after sampling and purchasing literally hundreds of niche and indie perfumes, the Tauer Incense Rose was flashing back in my memory. Would I like it now?

So comes....wearing number two. "Hmmm, this is interesting. Something is drawing me in here. But not sure how I feel about it". I move on.

Fast forward through hundreds more (yes, I am an addict with a major sampling disorder) and I decide to whip out the Incense Rose again. This time I am blown away. I GET IT. I really get it. I look at perfume this way now. There are pre-school, elementary, junior high, high school, college, master and graduate level perfumes. Andy Tauer is a PhD and Incense Rose is his thesis.

True artwork, phenomenally complex and masterfully crafted. The work of a genius. Some may say mad scientist and I would not necessarily disagree. Because when I wear Tauer I usually feel like I am wearing the diary of a madman. And sometimes it takes a madman to produce this level of art, this level of genius.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

this starts off fizzy and bright, it smells like a freshly opened bottle of coca cola-it's citrussy and effervescent. i wasn't expecting that! then out comes a sort of resiny-incense and maybe a slight rosy hint. i think i'm getting the labdanum and castoreum fairly strongly here later on. it remains a citrus-resin-animalic scent during the drydown. i like this, but it really isn't what i expected, far more citrus and animalic than i perceived it would be. in the end it turns to a patchouli-resin on me.

Kain
Kain

Very different take on rose if we would call it a rose based fragrance but personally I rather not!
The opening is a bitter green and incensy smell which has an ashy feel into it plus some sweetness in the background. I'm not getting any rose at the start.

As time passes, that ashy and kind of like ashtray smell amps up and at the same time lots of resins and some spices joining in. the mid of this fragrance is an exotic mix of resins, spices, ashes and some fruits and a little bit of rose waaaay in the background! it's a completely masculine scent. unisex?! no way!

In the base that ashy feel fades away a little bit but spices and resins keep standing strong and now I can smell more fruity smell with a little stronger sweetness that it gives that fruity part kind of juicy feel.
A lovely, masculine and to be honest a daring scent! not for everybody for sure. one of a few fragrances with rose in it that I like!
Projection is average on my skin and longevity is around 6-7 hours.

یه عطر بر پایه گل رز که خیلی خاص و متفاوته. البته اگر بتونیم اونو یه عطر بر پایه گل رز بنامیم که شخصا ترجیح میدم اصلا این عطر رو بر اساس گل رز ندونم چون رایحه رز در اون بسیار بسیار ضعیفه
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی گیاهی تلخ و حسی شبیه به بوی خاکستر آتش شروع میشه که یه ته بوی شیرین هم داره. در ابتدا که من اصلا بوی رز حس نمیکنم

با گذر زمان و در رایحه میانی اون حس خاکستر آتش یا شایدم بشه گفت بوی خاکسترهای سیگار تو جاسیگاری قویتر میشه و همزمان رایحه قوی از صمغای تلخ درختی و مقدار مشخصی هم رایحه ادویه ها به عطر اضافه میشن. رایحه میانی یه بوی تلخ و صمغی و خاکستر مانند هست که حالا میشه در کنار اینا ته بوی گل رز رو هم حس کرد اما اینقدر بوی رز ضعیفه که اصلا قابل قیاس نیست در مقابل قدرت بقیه رایحه ها
کمی هم رایحه میوه ای به مشام میرسه که البته خیلی قوی نیست

تو رایحه پایه اون حس خاکستر مانند ملایمتر میشه اما رایحه صمغها و ادویه ها همچنان قوی حس میشن و حالا تو این مرحله بوی میوه ای قویتر و کمی هم شیرینتر میشه
عطر خاص و متفاوتی هست و تلخ و سنگین و مردانه. شخصا اصلا این عطر رو برای خانم ها مناسب نمیبینم. حتی آقایون هم مطمئنا خیلی ها از بوش خوششون نخواهد اومد
جزو معدود عطرهایی که رز داخلش داره اما من دوست دارم! :دی
پخش بوش متوسطه و ماندگاری در حد 6-7 ساعت روی پوست داره

janjanjan
janjanjan

I'm a lover of incense fragrances and I lean towards the unisex to masculine. Wanting to get out of my comfort zone and find a rose I could hang with, this seems to be it! Rose is in the background on this one, the rest of this scent is all about frankincense, spice, and a boozy (fermenting?) clementine. Which makes for a fantastic fall nights perfume that does fetch a compliment. Striking a unique and strong cord on my first wear, I had to learn to ride along with it and go easy on the trigger. (If you use too much the boozy clementine will trip all over the dance floor, refuse to go home, and you'll wake up feeling hung-over yourself). I really enjoy having this in my collection.

sharmap14
sharmap14

smells like a crappy citrus room freshner.. failed attemp at blending incense and rose

nemorino
nemorino

It doesn't smell natural to me....to me it smells as if he is trying to hard to make something special.
Andy Tauer is undoubtedly a great nose but to intellectual for my taste. I miss the emotion in he perfumes
To me this is very hard to wear...it one of these senses that you have in your collection and once in a while you sniff on it.

cryman41
cryman41

This perfume is something special, so heavy and floral at the same time. I cannot resist to its smell

SuperPookie
SuperPookie

First off this is by far more incense than rose so if you're looking for a smoky floral than this isn't for you. That being said this is a really nice fragrance though not one of my favorites by Tauer. It starts out with nothing but incense .To me like such a variety of different kinds that you can't quite make out the specifics .This fades a bit in approximately 5 minutes and then cedar becomes noticeable . It's a burning wood smell not fresh as in recently cut wood . What I never can smell exactly is rose in itself. Basically what it does is cut the incense/wood combo enough that the perfume could be called unisex instead of masculine .Longevity & sillage are both very good .

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Potentissima combinazione rosa/incenso, molto moderna, una persistenza infinita. E' una rosa che non ti abbandona mai. Ti inebria e ti rilassa nello stesso tempo (l'incenso predispone alla meditazione e allenta la tensione emotiva...).
Non è un incenso austero, è ingentilito e addolcito da mirra e ambra e rinfrescato da un accenno esperidato. E'come se facesse da aurea ad una rosa mistica e sensuale. Splendido profumo. Tauer super talentuoso.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

This completely took me by surprise. To my nose, it doesn't smell that smoky. Nor does it scream rose.

In fact I found this to be a predominantly fresh, spicy resin scent in which the clementine, castorem and rose collide to create a tangy, effervescent sweetness. It almost reminds me of cracking open a can of Coca-Cola; the initial burst is sharp, fizzy and intense.

Later a dry, somber rose and patchouli become more prominent, and things take on a boozier quality, like spicy mulled wine. I did detect a pinch of smokiness, but not the dark, opulent Eastern harem scent one might expect from a perfume called "Incense Rose".

One thing that makes it less enjoyable for me is the labdanum. If you're sensitive to this note like I am, you may want to avoid this one, as the distinctive sharp, tangy quality of the labdanum resin is very strong in the dry down.

Otherwise this is a bold, unique, charismatic and quite modern smelling fragrance that is totally unisex.

prodigy
prodigy

I get more frankincense than anything. The freshness kinda reminds me of amouage epic man but with some rose and citrus. I like it. Too me extremely fresh and airy.

SumoTigerCat
SumoTigerCat

Yes, it's nearly June, and here I tried Incense Rose, what is wrong with me??? Anyway.... this is a knock-down, drag-out killer of an aptly named "incense/rose"! As a lover of incense generally, as well as in fragrance, this was a must try for me. I really, really like it. But. Although it is very high quality and is gorgeous in a somewhat masculine manner, I can't see me wearing this. Maybe in a snow storm. It is just a powerhouse that has the most lovely, reflective dry-down. Perhaps a smallish decant for Winter for me.

muzzbait
muzzbait

brock has it totally right.

it kinda works but in some sniffs it doesn't. the incense (i think it should say 'frankincense') with the rose sometimes clash. it's a sorta okay scent, but there are some areas that don't smell too nice...

Brock
Brock

The rose and incense gnash and gnaw each other, with some citrus trying to break up the fight, but somehow it all works.

tdwctdwc
tdwctdwc

And there you are. My favorite of them all.

This tops everything i have tried from Tauer so far, crowning itself above many of my long time favorites scents.

This rose is hard to understand. It's an old rose with an old soul that lived through medieval times, endured the dusty winds of the indian deserts, the incense smoke of the neighboring villages, the breezy evenings of the spicy bazaars and still survived to tell its story.

It's bitter, it's cold yet dark, it's fizzy and it's very very very tired, yet somehow manages to retain a bit of sweetness.

A high concentration of Indian Frankincense wafting through every single one of its petals serves to calm it down, while a beautiful intoxicating base of myrrh and sweet resins persists to retain its age and longevity.

I could have this in my collection and literally be satisfied that i finally achieved olfactory Nirvana in my fragrant journey.

drkool_phd
drkool_phd

In the 8th and 9th centuries, Norse traders embarked on a long journey down the Volga to the Caspian Sea and on to Baghdad. This perfume is what they would have imagined the Abbasid Caliphate to be like before making the trip for the first time.

Having recently taken up perfumery as a hobby, I have decided that if I can create something this beautiful, I'll be satisfied with my work, retire, and rest on my laurels.

carolleelou
carolleelou

This is truly a burning church on me, and quite unsurprisingly with that description, a disaster. Honestly, the only discernible notes for me, hence the burning church, are cedar, smoke, and incense. I wish I got the rose, cardamom (which I actually like), and "citrus" but not even a whiff. Even a hint to lighten this heavy scent up would be welcomed but as a result, this on me is very masculine and quite unwearable. I cannot call it pretty because you don't call something pretty that can knock you back on your heels - this is formidable! Longevity and projection are magnificent.

MommyMaudlin
MommyMaudlin

In reading the notes listed, this is everything that I should love. There's nothing I love more than rose/incense fragrances. But unfortunately this fragrance goes straight "barnyard" on me. I get absolutely nothing but the beaver's butt and burning wood chips. I want to keep trying to see what else I might be able to pick up on. But it would have to be on a day when I'm going to be indoors and alone.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Incense Rose is a work of modernist perfume art but one that I just am not able to wear. It is too much spice, too much rose, too much everything for me to find it wearable on my skin. The biggest issue for me is that big bitter myrrh note with the castoreum. But, I acknowledge its amazing composition and beauty and would love it as a piece of art to be viewed (or smelled) from time to time.

Moyra
Moyra

Looking back, I realize that Luckyscent's samples are often woefully inadequate in helping me make decisions, Incense Rose being a case in point.

I have owned a full bottle of Incense Rose for many years, I loved the tiny sample I had and so deemed it instantly FB worthy.

However, I wear it very, very seldom, because on my skin Incense Rose is cold and totally UN-sweet. Its as though Mr Tauer took the least sweet and juicy bits of a rose and then made it even less sweet and juicy by adding incense and cardamom.

I LOVE roses, incense and cardamom, but honestly, I didn't realize they could be quite so dry.

I really wish there was something sweet in Incense Rose! Although I completely agree with Sherapop, below, who deems it "seamless", and I also get that its a fabulously well-made scent, I am -alas! -cursed with sweet annihilating skin (ie, Mugler's Angel is not sweet at ALL on me!). In and of itself, Incense Rose is a lovely scent, very elegant. I enjoy smelling it "around" as a room/linen scent, but as a perfume worn on skin, it doesn't suit me at all.

I often hear people make superior-sounding, sweeping statements about how they "hate sweet, girly perfumes" and so forth.
Well, you know what?
Have I got a totally UN-sweet, non-girly, dry and lovely perfume for YOU!

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on a sample I got from Tauer Perfumes. Right off the bat you get a blast of spicy cardamom, which calms down minutes later and the tart sweet clementine starts to reveal itself but quite short-lived. Indian frankincense and rose join in soon after without overpowering each other and well-balanced I feel. Rose fades away towards the mid and dries down to Tauer's signature base. Although marketed for women, this I feel can easily be unisex leaning towards masculine side due to the presence of incense. It has above average projection and longevity on my skin.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

This is a very fruity wine-like rose and the perfume as a whole reminds me intensely of mulled wine and Christmas time. I use whole spices regularly, not just in cooking but in coffee, I've also burned pure Frankincense and Myrrh resin on charcoal on occasion, so this is all very familiar territory

It reminds me of a good mulled wine that's been made with a perfect balance of rich red wine, fresh spices and citrus - the kind I like to make for a small get together with friends pre Christmas - with no stinting on ingredients and care. Sniffing this is almost like inhaling steam from gently heated mulled wine in a big pan.

I prefer wine-like, or Turkish Delight-like rose to the sharper tea roses so I'm supposing this is the effect of Bulgarian rose, or rose otto, anyway it adds to the fruity fragrance. Frankincense and myrrh add to the Christmas feel. The longevity is powerful and the quality impressive.

For folks too busy to be bothered with the rigmarole of making mulled wine from scratch, or seeking out expensive resin from obscure suppliers, I recommend this as a mood perfume - for an air of Elizabethan kitchen, Middle Eastern temple and Christmas mood all rolled into one

ranchorita
ranchorita

Bewitching.

Tauer's Incense Rose is in the top of my must-buy list. The citrus in the opening subtly underscores the haunting presence of smoke and resin that soften the rose to a burnished glow. To my nose, the abiding accord of cardamom joins with patchouli, labdanum and vetiver in a very evocative, harmonious way. I would find this equally ravishing on man or woman, and its foggy-lensed gorgeousness seems time-warped from a grander, gentler age. In any case, I simply must smell like this myself!

You have done it, Andy Tauer: I'm in love again!

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

oh, yummy yum yum, come to mama ;D

This is simply to die for, delicious, naughty incense rose that stays on my skin FOOOOREVER...MWAAAHAHAHA

I will wear you! for breakfast, for lunch and for dinner

Hélio Sérgio Rocha
Hélio Sérgio Rocha

*****Tauer - Incense Rose

Test of the Night II: Tauer Incense Rose

This one has a spicy (too much) citrus opening of sweet tangerine.

It's a very different scent, never saw/tried another with this combination, which then it shows us resinous/leathery touches with the delicacy of the rose in the middle of this skin romance.

I can also get something a little bit salty, kinda earthy/dirty.

The dry is incensed and a little bit sweet with touches of myrrh.

As always Tauer - Unique!

* I found a beautiful scent as work art, but i do not know if i would wear it!

Ziggy2012
Ziggy2012

WOW ! As a middle aged guy and a relative 'fragrance newbie' this completely blew me away :-)

It is the first Andy Tauer scent I tried, and even having tried a number of others since, it remains my favourite.

If you had had told me this was from some 'grand maison' older perfume house I would have believed it. This is what I think of as a perfume, not some 'transparent' mainststream 'designer' mens' cologne. It has depth and body.

In my view, it is truly unisex and could equally be worn by a confident woman or man. It has good projection and sillage and good longevity on my skin. Eveyone who has smelt it has been positive about the scent.

It is not a 'pretty' or ultra feminine floral rose. Rather it is a complex 'accord' of a 'jammy' rose with some orange/citrus notes, atop a wonderful resinous incense accord. Neither dominates and they just 'chime' beautifully.

Despite having substance or depth it is not heavy and has a refreshing brightness along with a great resinous quality.

It is 'vivaldi'and works even in the summer heat. I LOVE it. Thank you Andy Tauer :-))

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

There's too much rose in here for me to love it but, like all Tauer perfumes I've sampled thus far, it's different and compelling enough for my nose to wake up and sniff around. "Qu'est que c'est?" (My nose speaks French apparently.) The top notes are utterly unique. I couldn't even guess what it is that I'm smelling. It's not cardamon or bergamot. Maybe the orris root? Whatever it is I like it. After an hour it settles into a rose-y incense but the rose is more thorn and leaf than the horrible turkish delight smell I usually get from rose perfumes.
I'm becoming increasingly concerned that Andy Tauer is ruining me for all other perfumes. His line is so smart, so elegant and unique, its going to feel like slumming to go back to my Loulous and Lolitas.

Laurensz
Laurensz

This is a must try perfume. Since it's so outspoken and strong, you will either love it or hate it. For me it's an instant love affair. It lasts and lasts...., Allthough quite expensive, great value for money.

Carnation
Carnation

A slightly sweet lemony opening. The incense comes in within minutes along with spicy overtones. I am not really picking up much rose, maybe just a smidge, but there seems to be a balsamic resin present about 30 minutes later. Might be safe to say that this is more of a citrus incense fragrance with some cedar thrown in. Nice.

9-na
9-na

Was a present. I liked the scent, it gave me quite some joy, thinking about buying it sometime. It was dog rose bush in a veil of incense on me, and the bush grew under a beautiful fir tree.

antfarm
antfarm

I tried to force myself to like this by sampling it at least three times in different weather. It always smelled the same--overwhelmingly chemical and like powdered box detergent.

There is that Tauer incense accord in this that doesn't suit my chemistry well (it's also in Incense Extreme, Maroc Pour Elle, and Orange Star). It can be moody on my skin, as well as sharp and caustic like Comet cleaner.

I didn't smell any rose in this at all.

kzdimond
kzdimond

So Beautiful. I wear it everyday, not because I want to but because I HAVE TO. It's always interesting. Mysterious. So so beautiful. My favorite perfume ever, by a longshot. I find it ultrafeminine, but maybe that's just because I love it so much and I'm female.

I really can't name notes, except to say that the incense is there and the rose is there, but this fragrance transcends both. And I love that the drydown doesn't smell like a rabbit hutch (cedar) on me, like most other perfumes. This dries down to vanilla on my skin. A pretty and mysterious vanilla.

Roge'
Roge'

Now this is how you make a damn fragrance!!! I don't want to go overboard with this review but man-oh-man...this is some good -ish indeed!! If Karl Lagerfeld's Floreintal got a makeover, this is what it would smell like(no disrespect to Floriental because i like that one too). The combination of the Texan cedarwood, Bulgarian rose and incense gives this perfume a cinnamon/tea like vibe or maybe it's frankincense that im smelling. Number 6 passes all the important tests: Great longevity, good sillage, and all year wearability....and oh yeah, this is unisex too!

*BLIND BUY WORTHY AWARD*

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

I've waited for a while to review this gorgeous creation. This is true ART!

But, it was not my first impression about this perfume. This is definitely for a very trained nose. I think it's always like that with complicated masterpieces. In the beginning when I first tried this, I smelled a lot of incense, I mean A LOT of it. All I smelled was the a strong smell of incense. But for some reason I kept wanting to smell it more and more.

But about the 7th time I've sprayed it, I just sat down on my bed and I got it! This was true art, true beauty - incredible fragrance. Now I finally smell the rose and incense together, but wow how beautiful. So, make sure you don't give up on this beauty from the start, give it a try a few more times, it's truly amazing.

Just thought I'd mention, this perfume is not for the winter time, it's for hot summer days. In the winter its' smells a bit sharp, but still nice. But in the hot weather it opens up like heaven's doors, just gorgeous, it's addicting.

Another thing I would love to mention, is on my skin every perfume even the most concentrated one's don't stay longer than an hour, sometimes 2. But this beauty stayed for the whole 4 hours, which for me is quite long, that means on others it could stay over 12 or more hours.

jasonx
jasonx

This has the same vibe of those spicy rose fragrances like Paestum Rose or Rose Poivree but while the others bury the rose alive with spices, this one actually airy enough to let the rose breath

The middle & base smells identical to Orange Star which is also from Tauer

I love this one

Annica
Annica

Want to lay my hands on a FB. Very nice, spicy, and delicious.
The best rose-scent for me so far.

hope.nesmith
hope.nesmith

LOVE. love love love. I think Tauer might be my new favourite. Both this and Maroc for her smell to me like perfume ought! This one is mysterious, dark, like I imagine the gifts of the magi may have been fragranced. It smells precious. Best of all, on my dry, scent killing skin, this is pretty long lasting

lfmars98
lfmars98

This is amazing! Semi-Sweet and very smokey. A man can wear this with no problem. I must love incense-based fragrances! Good projection and excellent longevity (10+ hours). 9.25/10.

Pace,MioDolceCuore
Pace,MioDolceCuore

My very first scrubber. Really.
I will try again, as I really, really, really adore incense and darker stuff, too.

I got flashbacks to behind-the-iron-curtain times when I used to own a little bottle of Bulgarian rose oil which was encapsulated in a little wooden 'bottle'.

On me it felt sort of obnoxious and loud, not simmering slowly.

I had very high hopes, but I will try again in hopes of a more favorable chemistry.

johngreenink
johngreenink

Incense Rose is an intoxicating perfume. It rises from your skin in the same way that incense burns upward into a thin smoky trail. The opening is fresh floral and dark smoke, followed by a stunning middle where spices start to appear, a gourmand-like cardamon swirling gently with black pepper.

The projection, silage and longevity of Incense Rose is pretty remarkable - incredibly strong and lasting. This is not a dainty flower-water, it is a real perfume experience like the eau de parfums of years past.

This is one of those rare fragrances that feels like a classic despite the fact that it's only a few years old. It has the depth of a complex character, not really belonging to any geographic place, but a place in time - something ancient. You can almost see heaps of leathery rose petals being thrown over a pile of smoldering incense in Baku or Bukhara. If you close your eyes, you are transported.

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

Incense Rose is a stunner...Quality ingredients, masterly blending. I can smell everything that is listed in this perfume, but nothing dominates where it shouldn't , nothing is unsubtle or harsh. I didn't experience a predominance of cardamom at any stage (but then, I'm very fond of cardamom); nor did I find the incense facet remotely reminiscent of a head shop, though it is an eastern-leaning incense. This could have been blended to my own specifications---it's that much in line with my tastes. A shimmering delight of crushed rose, incense, spice, wood...red velvet in a bottle.

It develops nicely on the skin without changing character markedly, wears fairly close, and lasts a decent time as well, even overnight.

I found this to be a real treasure---it's seductive, and yes, soulful. Highly recommended...

exciter76
exciter76

When I stepped into heaven, ahem, I mean The Scent Bar, this was the first scent I requested for sampling. I had been coveting a bottle of this cozy juice since reading Udaria’s review. I adore a good, heady, rich and complex rose fragrance; my days of dousing myself in the drugstore classic Tea Rose are behind me. (I do not mean to demean Tea Rose or anyone who loves it—it’s a classic for a very good reason.) By the reviews and the notes listed, not to mention Andy Tauer’s reputation as a perfuming ingénue, Incense Rose sounded like the perfume I would have created if I had a mind to create my own fragrances.

What I was expecting and what I got were two different things. However, in both scenarios—the scent as I imagined it in my mind and what actually unfurled on my skin—were very satisfying. In my mind I expected EL’s Cinnabar and Stella to create a laboratory love child and call it Incense Rose. I expected a bombastic incense (yep, I took the name too literally) and a fragrance equivalent to the 1980s opulence of the “Dynasty” soap opera’s wardrobe. What I experienced instead was a spicy cup of unsweetened orange pekoe tea that later morphed into a subtle yet spicy rose, which sat prettily atop a potpourri of fragrant woods. I was startled at first by the orange pekoe opening but I’m actually excited by the discovery of a fragrance that captures one of my favorite scents: tea as it steeps in a steaming cup of freshly-poured hot water. The drydown does come across a bit like a masculine bar of soap; lucky for me I love the scent of soap—I blame my astrological sign, Virgo, for my love of soapy/clean scents. It is probably inappropriate to compare this to a celebrity scent but the drydown reminds me of JLo’s Glow After Dark if it had been executed properly. From beginning to end, it’s love.

I found this sat very close to my skin and there wasn’t much in the way of sillage. This discovery was probably the biggest surprise to me. Every movement of my wrist provided a pleasant whiff of fragrance that has yet to settle down, though; I am pleased by its very tenacious staying power. It’s a soft mercurial scent that kept my nose buried in my wrist. I will definitely be making the investment once I get my finances in order.

Suzycando
Suzycando

Art in a bottle that will haunt you days later with it's warm comforting sillage.

Udaria
Udaria

This is not a close to the skin scent. When I put my nose to the arm, the scent would be too harsh. However, the way it projects, PERFECT. Here you get the freshness of a young rose, mixed with dignified (for lack of a better description) incense. I am not good at describing notes, although I have read the summary that came with the sample, but I feel comfortable wearing it. This may be a scent that elicits the "what are you wearing" comments, because it projects so nicely. A ladylike scent, somewhat bold and demanding ... I mean you would not wear this with a T-shirt and blue jeans, rather with more formal outfit. To a job interview ? No, too classy. In a "no perfume" zone ? No, too bold. All in all it pays hommage to roses. I have smelled roses bundled with aoud and could not bear the combination, now here, the dance between the incense and the rose is intriguing, a fortunate outcome of a test whether this combination can be done.

thaocrockett
thaocrockett

Such a complex scent!
It opens with a blend of incense, rose, amber, and a hint of bergamot. The combination of rose and bergamot makes it a green rose scent, very beautiful!
However, when it drys down, it transforms into citrusy amber-patchouli, a little sharp and kind of soapy; this I don't like.
I mean, the incense and amber are still there but very weak on the background while citrus notes star. I just hope my skin projected more resins and incense.
It's a nice experience nevertheless.

icekat
icekat

Couple of reviewers below referred to this magnificent scent as alive, deep, and soulful. I so agree with these comments. I have many fragrances that I love wearing but there are some that I connect with on a deep emotional level. Incense Rose is one of those scents. Undoubtedly it is a beautiful creation, perfectly blended and masterfully executed but as in true work of art, there is so much more to this perfume than just a perfect composition. The scent is vibrant and alive. It sings its dark story in mesmerizing and deep voice created by the sensual rose and divine essence of incense and myrrh. When I wear it I want to be completely alone with this beautiful scent, so I can close my eyes, light the candles and listen to a haunting melody played on kanun. The world with its never-ending worries can drift away while I am with this divine scent.

I love every stage of this scent. The opening is spicy, fresh and incense-y at the same time. The cardamom is absolutely lovely here. The scent is smooth despite its strong spicy notes. Overtime it develops into a beautiful and gentle rose layered on incense. The rich base notes still carry echoes of the rose and gorgeous layers of myrrh, labdanum and resins with light hints of patchouli and cedar. The base notes last and last for hours. In its final stage the scent transforms into light but gorgeous myrrh. The sillage is medium (perfect in this case in my opinion) and the longevity is impressive (over 10 hours).

Overall score 10/10. The scent is smooth, beautiful and much easier to wear than other oriental scents. I definitely recommend this scent for incense, myrrh and rose scent lovers. I got a full bottle after testing.

jtd
jtd

It’s funny that in sitting down to write this I thought how much Incense Rosé is like Cacharel’s Loulou. They’re both fireworks aldehydic florientals---expansive, bubbly, heady and very easy to enjoy. I turn to both when I’m happy and want to be reminded that I am. Incense Rosé isn’t hard to like, but its ease is not a fault. It’s a sparkly to the point of raspy blend of aldehyde, rose, cardamom, frankincense, cedar and amber. I found Incense Rosé after I got to know Andy Tauer’s Lonestar Memories and L’Air du Désert Marocain. Lonestar is so stolid and Désert Marocain is contemplative. I was surprised when this came flying out of the bottle. I bought it, started wearing it, never questioned it and I love it.

Henriette
Henriette

I am a big fan of Andy Tauer creations and I love spicy perfumes but this one has something that does not grab me. It is constructed with great art and passion but on me the rose is totally hidden and what I get is only a strong punch of patchouly and incense and most of all tobacco. I will give it a second chance but for once with Andy Tauer is not love at first sight.

Laurapal
Laurapal

This is such a beautiful combo! I do, however, get a lot of the cedar (almost hamster cage) note. I don't mind it but does anyone else pull that note?

adrienn99
adrienn99

Third stop on my quest to find the perfect smokey rose.

Well, first of all, the rose is not the representation what i was looking for. It is not a red rose, more like a deep purple one.

Incense reminds me of Nag Champa here... with a hint of dark woody upbeat though (most probably myrrh and resins).

There is something sour within this fragrance... could be the citrus, could be cardamom, or both.

I would re-categorize it to oriental-woody.

p.s. now, 1.5 hours after application it has finally lost the sourish note

p.s.2: 2.5 hours later the fragrance seem to have melt to a better blended stage, getting tolerable. Myrrh still standing out.

lucifera
lucifera

ooh my this is good! i tried it today and this MIGHT beat my galliano from my list, this is better,more incense stays on for long indeed

redcat
redcat

This is the first Tauer I'm testing and I have to say that I'm loving it so far. The rose is subtle and sweet, and the incense is bright, fiery and dry. I've been looking for rose incense scent that isn't too floral or powdery, and I think I've found the one.

This its a truly gorgeous fragrance. I'm testing several other Tauer's next week, but for now this one goes on the short FB list.

nada
nada

like it but on some days find it too sweet on drydown. Sweet in anoing, boring way... But some days it seems perfect - don't know what's wrong with me:)

Hilaire
Hilaire

This is a truly beautiful perfume, a work of art. I've sought an incense based perfume that captured a resonant and resinous intensity while playing with sweetness and floral freshness for years and this is the perfect example.

I imagine the ancient Kings and Queens of the near east wore things which smelt like this and I imagine their temples and palaces were redolent of these seductive and powerful smells.

The rose is subtle and green, rather than powdery and old ladyish, more like something one comes across in the Souks of Damascus than the boutiques of Paris. The incense is that same formula I imagine was once used in Haghia Sophia when the Byzantine Emperor's lead the faithful in their orations.

Sublime, transporting, and unique, this is a must have for me and for anyone who enjoys incense.

Tauer INCENSE ROSE, like the other creations I've tried from this house, is a perfume. Thick, rich, viscous and potent beyond belief! INCENSE ROSE also conveys the "wild" quality that I have come to associate with Andy's work. I imagine him working away all alone with no regard for opinion polls and marketing surveys, in a quest for the perfect perfume. The final products are always totally original--unique--and command respect, whether or not they end up on my "must have" list.

INCENSE ROSE is a beautiful blend of dark roses and resinous incense, along with many other judiciously measured components. Rich and deep like fertile soil but at the same time offering a gorgeous mélange of perfumey notes. So often incense and myrrh come off as tarlike or rubbery. So often cardamom is applied with too heavy a hand. Not here, I'm happy to say. The notes of INCENSE ROSE meld together seamlessly to produce a perfectly balanced blend, but the final product really has soul and depth, unlike so many "safe and tame" mass-market frags.

The longevity is superb--it is, after all, a perfume, notwithstanding the edp claim!--and the sillage is big enough to keep the wearer ever aware of what it is that she or he has donned. Yes, I regard INCENSE ROSE as suitable for women and olfactorily astute men alike and highly commend this composition to lovers of incense.

scentous
scentous

it's between rive gauche and coco, a more modern version of an old style scent..sharp at first but in the dry down it softens even has a powdery element..a mature woman should wear this on a special event, not an everyday scent. longevity is good but applying too much can offend people around..it is pretty much all about the name, rose and incense, but feels richer and deeper..classy and sophisticated.

myrrhmaid
myrrhmaid

Perfection for an incense /rose lover.I get the rose lightly through the incense . As if I am burning my Omani incense whilst cutting roses ,my best damask ones..

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

I don't like this when first applied. It starts out too sour on my skin. But, it gets much nicer as it dries down. It's not my favorite smokey scent, but I would wear it. It's a slightly bitter incense, not as cold as I prefer.

Incense Rose is an absolute treat. It's a rather rich, smokey take on the scent of incense and rose, with a touch of strong, resinous cedar and amber.

I'll start by saying that Incense Rose can be unisex. The intense woodsy notes makes this perfect for men due to its somewhat masculine qualities.

This fragrance does tend to be cloying, however I like my scents strong and powerful. From the very opening, Incense Rose hits you with its massive sillage.

The top notes are mostly a mixture of intense earthiness, fruity clementine and tart-like rose. As it settles, the earthiness takes on a rather green-like approach, almost mossy in a sense, and the incense appears.

The incense is of the burning kind. Smokey, exotic and smooth. When placed alongside the rose note, the incense blends well, creating an atmosphere that does remind me of a bohemian trinket shop.

I'm a rather creative type of person, very much influenced by art, theatre and music. Therefore I feel as if Incense Rose captures this side of me perfectly. Richly exotic and heady scents describe my career industry well, especially the wild side of it.

Both this fragrance and Heeley's Cardinal have some similarities, however I much prefer Incense Rose for its feminine nature.

For those that love incense, you will most likely enjoy this, however for those that are rose lovers, this may or may not appeal to you. Regardless of your tastes, this fragrance should be tried.

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

Yes, this is incense..and some rose...but mostly incense.

And I agree with Catbiscuit that it is of the Indian store or even "head" shop variety.

Not something I want to smell like.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

What a strange, strange scent. At first I smell tree here; resinous sap, a bit of wet canopy and freshly crushed leaves. If I didn't know better I would think it was a variety of Eucalypt it is so strong and pungent (later, it becomes more camphorous so it is ultimately nothing like Eucalyptus).

I am not entirely sure where the rose comes into it exactly although there is an edgy sweetness lurking beneath the cedar but that just as easily be the cardamon.

I think the incense here is of a variety that could be found wafting out of an Indian grocery store. It lures you in with its exotic charms but is so strange you are not quite sure what to do with it. I have no doubt the cardamon is peeking its musty head out through the woods and incense here too to create this impression.

Since I like my incense to be more 'Catholic' in nature, I doubt I could wear this Tauer although I very well think this might be magic on a man's skin. Maybe his smokiness would bring the best out of Incense Rose?

libertybelle
libertybelle

Definitely get the citrus, incense and balsam at first application. The orris and woods are even present shortly after applying. Unfortunately, I am less a fan of resin notes than many others so this one doesn't appeal to me as much as I had hoped. I do find the drydown less tart and more warm and spicy which I do enjoy much more than the opening. I never do find the rose all that noticeable which is disapointing considering it's supposed to be a main note.

yvashche
yvashche

Mmmm definitely delicious. Rose and incense? The best notes in the world. Very nicely combined, not cloying, lasts forever, never gets sickening.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

cbstarker, fine review! I did not know as smells Incense Rose, however, after your description in which You cites poem by Yeats, I know .
" o sages standing in God's holy fire
As in the gold mosaic in the wall" ,
"once out of nature I shall never take
My bodily form from any natural thing.
But such a form as Grecian goldsmith make
Of hammer gold and gold enamelling" :)

cbstarker
cbstarker

In order to describe Incense Rose by Andy Tauer, I find it easiest to compare it other incense-rose fragrances, particularly Eau d’Italie’s Paestum Rose, because Tauer’s version is nothing like them. For example, Paestum Rose is a striking combination of Turkish rose, clean incense, and exotic woods that is reminiscent of the Roman Empire. It is regal, pure, clean and beautiful. While Tauer’s version is equally stunning, it is messier, dirtier, sultry and sexy that recalls the Byzantines. His Bulgarian rose is matched with incense more like Nag Champa. Both use citrus and spice in the opening but Tauer grounds his version with a little orris in the heart and uses his signature resinous amber base to soften the edges.

This is an incense-rose like no other and I am immediately reminded of Yeats’ poem Sailing to Byzantium: “That is no country for old men. The young/In one another's arms, birds in the trees…” There are other references to Emperors, goldsmiths, and holy fires that also resonate with this fragrance. Let me explain…

In Yeats’ poem, the speaker has left his country for Byzantium. On the journey, he realizes that to overcome the inevitable fate of death by age, the soul must rise above the body’s physical constraints (you’re only as old as you feel). Once in Byzantium, the speaker prays to the sages to help him learn to “sing” and once he learns he vows to never return, neither to his homeland nor to his former way of thinking. Through a similar process, Tauer’s fragrances offer a different perspective on fragrances and about us. They don’t necessarily appeal to everyone, but at least they are genuine, soulful, and articulate.

Maugli
Maugli

Brings you out of drowsiness. More like aromatherapy, a powerfull scent. Put it on if you need to stay up late working or something. The trick is to apply VERY little - then it will be possible to feel all the notes. Apply too much and it's a horrendously loud cedar/incense. And it is so long lasting - almost day and a half and it's still possible to feel the fraigrance.

essija
essija

Not for me, this is very cloying on my skin. Strong Cardamon, too much for me. Don't care for this as others do. Please sample before you buy... Very Powerful stuff..

veruska
veruska

Wearing this luminous incense rose combo is like benting over a reflective pool of copper coloured liquid. Cardamon really dominates at first but then everything starts to glow with a sweet nutty snell that it could be attributed on coconut although i can't be sure. But the drydown is just so great , multifaceted and alive, warm vanillic ,woody with a solid piercing patchouli dances side by side with vetiver extraordinaire. Not for everybody, but a real treat.

Goes on lovely, layered, incense-y rose. Just gorgeous and exotic. Dry down, however,brings out the cardamom to such a degree that it takes over everything and that's all I get. My sister keeps the incense layering and it's lovely on her, but all I get is spice-cabinet cardamom. Try this one before committing to the full bottle, but do try it.

06 Incense Rose by Tauer Perfumes 3.92 out of 5 based on 322 ratings and 72 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tauer Perfumes 06 Incense Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tauer Perfumes 06 Incense Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 06 Incense Rose by Tauer Perfumes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 06 Incense Rose by Tauer Perfumes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.