Designers » T-Z » Oriental Woody « Groups

07 Vetiver Dance Tauer Perfumes for women and men

07 Vetiver Dance Tauer Perfumes for women and men
dislike

07 Vetiver Dance Tauer Perfumes for women and men Pictures 07 Vetiver Dance Tauer Perfumes for women and men Pictures 07 Vetiver Dance Tauer Perfumes for women and men Pictures 07 Vetiver Dance Tauer Perfumes for women and men Pictures 07 Vetiver Dance Tauer Perfumes for women and men Pictures

Vetiver Dance is a around vetiver. It was introduced in 2008, as a creation by perfumer Andy Tauer. The fragrance is comprised of luminous grapefruit oil, black pepper accords, green clary sage, Bulgarian rose and lily of the valley which is surrounded by a heart composed of Java vetiver oil, adding a trail of cedar, soft ambergris, tonka beans and citrus extract in a base. The perfume is available as 50ml edt.

Grapefruit Black Pepper Clary Sage

Bulgarian Rose Lily-of-the-Valley Vetiver

Ambergris Cedar Tonka Bean Labdanum

07 Vetiver Dance Fragrance Reviews

phongbach
phongbach

So VILE. Made me wanna puke when I smelled my wrist. Ran to the bathroom and scrub it right off. Never thought that it would be this way. My stomach was still feeling bad for a while after smelling this. Tauer perfumes is such a disappointment beside that one lily of the valley scent which is really green smelling.
0/10.

Ewalk81
Ewalk81

This is a very dirty vetiver, my guess it's the clary sage note. I'll try it again, but so far not really digging this scent. I enjoy vetiver fragrances, but this one is just not doing it for me.

rakan1985
rakan1985

scent : 9/10
sillage : 7/10
longevity :8/10
60% day / 40% night fragrance

gelo999
gelo999

Tauer has sought to distance vetiver making a risky but with a somewhat unfortunate result for my taste and Vetiver Dance would sum it up as a disaster Tauer and after making a Masterpiece type l'Air M. du desert

Vetiver Dance is a fragrance vetiver with a horrible grapefruit output smell a mixture of detergent and child cream with a salty bottom point because of ambergris, it is as if the sea breeze hit you on your face and leave the remains of detergent and cream stuck to the skin, we go: "nonsense".

If you take off that scent between detergent and fragrance cream improve much, in fact in many ways reminded me of some fragrances Evody.

Taxable really to my nose and an affront to good taste.

Rating: 1

dlane1953
dlane1953

.A warm, resinous, soft take on this usually somewhat masculine accord. The soft floral heart makes keeps it unisex, and the resinous dry down keeps it interesting. I get a blast of citrus and black peppercorns, with the sage coming off as something close to tobacco leaves at first, and then the florals begin to weave in and out to lighten the mood. It's delightful, it's unlike any other vetiver I've tried. Longevity is 10+ hours, big silage on my skin. A great warm-weather scent.
Notes: Grapefruit, peppercorns, clary sage; Bulgarian rose, Lily of Valley,, vetiver; ambergris, cedar, tonka bean, labdanum.

VITO79
VITO79

This vetiver is done well. It is very masculine in my opinion. I love to wear this in spring and in the fall

orabsolute
orabsolute

Very unique, fresh, floral-green vetiver. Overall impression is of a sunny meadow in spring or summer. Kind of a sweet cut-grass vibe. Good quality, well blended, and totally unisex.

rp6969
rp6969

Oh, this is lovely and quite unlike any other vetiver I have tried. It opens with zesty grapefruit and zingy pepper. Then comes a green and herbaceous vetiver with clary sage, sweetened with a lovely mix of rose and lily of the valley on a soft, warm cushion of tonka, labdanum, and salty ambergris. Testing it on my arm almost next to Rose Chyprée and the space between the two smells like heaven. Might try layering them.

Casamir
Casamir

Vetiver Dance is a nice unisex scent, leaning toward the feminine IMO. I like vetivers (Encre Noire, Grey Vetiver, especially) - this one is quite mild to me. To me it opens with a peppery lavender and very quickly settles to a scent of baby powder with a tint of vetiver. Would be a nice casual day or bedtime perfume.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

Vetiver Dance is a sweet/citrusy fragrance. I don't know if it's me but I smell the vetiver in the background here. The lily of the valley and citruses are more dominant in this fragrance. It is very strong and projects very well. Just 3 sprays should be enough. I love vetiver based fragrances and this one is unique and wonderful.

feathers
feathers

I came to the House of Tauer in search of a green floral, and this is the winner! I had originally tried Carrillon pour un ange, but in the winter time, the dark, vegetal green had a repulsive effect. This one however, is a different shade of green, a bright spring-green. The vetiver essential oil I have smells dry and dusty and like dirt. It smells brown, almost black. This vetiver is different, it smells like a cut and peeled root of vetiver, almost celery-like with the clary-sage going on. The grapefruit and black pepper are really invigorating in the opening, almost gourmand in a salad-like way. I can really smell the lotv in the heart, but it is subtle and well-blended, not screeching to high heaven as in Carrillon. The dry down is powdery enough to take this quirkey scent into somewhat more elegant territory, but yet very far away from the more oriental like base of many of Andy's other , more popular scents. The vetiver is very deep and sensual, grounding, a deep greenish-turquoise colored salad, with some edible yellow and red flowers in it. To me, it is a quirky, colorful perfume, bright with a promise of spring. At times, it can even go a bit pickle-ey. I realize my review doesn't make this perfume sound like something many people would actually want to wear, but those are my honest impressions. If you like vetiver, green, floral, and unusual, it is a very interesting perfume I reccomend you try it! I think this will be the Tauer for me, full-bottle worthy!

Lana148
Lana148

Sweet, feminine vetiver.

The fragrance is complex and well crafted. Many ingredients, but on the end this is a floral-green, lots of lilly-of-the-valley and vetiver. I find it too sweet for my liking plus there are some oily green notes, that remind me of a compost and I find it simply unpleasant.

christianne1
christianne1

Vetiver Dance is hands down my very favorite vetiver fragrance. Vetiver dominated scents usually feel too masculine and serious for some reason but not this one. This one grabs my attention. The authentic grapefruit and citrus combined with gentle floral notes and sweet tonka make this the most female friendly vetiver I have tried while still remaining very unisex. I absolutely love the ambergris that Andy uses as well. The dry down on this is remarkable. I could not stop sniffing myself! Vetiver Dance makes me want to sing as well as dance! Finally a vetiver for ME!!

Longevity is massive as always from Tauer. I could still smell it on my skin the next day. Top quality in every way. Really, really love this.

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on a sample by Tauer Perfumes. Spicy black pepper vetiver and lily of the valley with a hint of rose. If you're a fan of Encre Noire or Sycomore, you may be disappointed because it smells nothing like it. It's definitely unique in my book like many Tauer's. Unfortunately, I can't see myself wearing it since I'm not too crazy about vetiver. If you're looking for a different vetiver scent, definitely give this one a try. It has moderate projection and good longevity on my skin.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Vetiver Dance is one of my top 2 favorite vetiver perfumes, the other being Hermes's Vetiver Tonka. This fragrance opens with smoky vetiver, pepper and sage, with the addition of a very natural grapefruit note, not sour or bitter, just lovely and citrus zesty. The florals soften the scent and the tonka bean gives it a wonderful gentleness and a tiny bit of sweetness that makes me really love Vetiver Dance.

Many vetivers I find too dry and too masculine for my taste, but this one is just perfect. The longevity is amazing. It lasts a good 8 hours on my skin, with moderate sillage during about 5 of those hours. The scent only becomes more beautiful as time passes. I have been neglecting this beauty and I need to wear it more often. <3 <3

Dinkum
Dinkum

Salty, skin-like undertones. Earthy, animalic. Totally unisex, IMO. But then I´ve have and enjoy several mens colognes...

Beautiful. I´ve got Guerlain Vetiver, vintage version, as well. But feel the need to own this Tauer creation too. Guerlains is more straight forward vetiver.

alberto1964
alberto1964

Interesting? I don't know. Maybe it's the only Andy Tauer perfume which I can not give it a connotation. Maybe because I don't love particularly vetiver and I'll try it again....but certainly Tauer's masterpieces are others.

nero77
nero77

The "Gypsy" Vetiver

I find this one very interesting, and unique (like many of Andy Tauer's creations). In the beginning I get a very spicy and dry intense Black Pepper accord, followed by a grapefruit that lifts it up to give it a bright, sunny impression. The Pepper is joined by very dry, almost burnt-like Herbs (the Sage note).

Initially I was afraid of trying this as I thought that Lilly-of-the-Valley would remind me of old lady perfume, but in my opinion it works wonderfully here! Paired with the rose it gives the whole composition a floral warmth that really makes it interesting. The Vetiver itself is dry and earthy, and by the time the ambergris joins in, almost salty. It's a very interesting fragrance in that it is a mixture between very dry notes (Black Pepper, dried Herbs, Vetiver, Cedarwood, Ambergris), and very lush notes (Grapefruit, Rose, Lilly-of-the-Valley). I also get a hint of the Andy Tauer signiature at the dry down (all of his dry downs are usually the best part of his fragrances), which is something close to an incense like vibe. It's really great, like dried grass and leaves near a swamp. I love Vetiver but this fragrance made me love Vetiver even more.

I should also point out that if you are new to Vetiver as a main note in perfumes, you may not like this one. I find that I can only appreciate this after trying other Vetivers... and whilst I still love Guerlain Vetiver I really commend Andy Tauer for taking the note and doing something totally different here.

Overall, I find this perfume very bewitching and a little mysterious, so I call it the "Gypsy Vetiver", and I imagine that the Vetiver here is like a Gypsy dancing at a campfire in the night forest, surrounded by the other players. There are herbs next to a burning cedarwood fire, not far from some swampy riverbank, where dried leaves and rushes hang over the warm, tranquil water. I picture her wearing a dark green velvet shawl. That is the colour I associate with this one. Dark, mysterious, hypnotic. A perfect composition fitting of the name "Vetiver Dance".

This is a really odd outing from Tauer and something which I was eagerly anticipating but just straight forward don't like now I've tried it.
The opening is a strange, stagnant one a little like acrylic paint but not even as nice somehow duller. It's oddly floral as it settles, lilly of the valley, loads of clary sage and pepper come to the forefront. The base of this fragrance is deeply rooted(no pun intended) in an earthy vetiver and ambergris but I get beeswax and a touch of honey even. It comes off like a very masculine hand cream to my nose, very weird and just unpleasant. Not something I would choose to smell like but an interesting composition from Andy Tauer who is impressive in his approach when tackling well known notes and accords, taking them in a different direction.
Vetiver Dance is not for me.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

This won't be a very good review as I am not in a creative mood, but I'm wearing this right now and I am loving it so much that I wanted to write a little something.

In my book this is the best vetiver/grapefruit I've ever smelled. The use of muguet is genius, high pitched and uplifting and the overall scent is so pleasant, comforting and natural for me. There is a ghost leather note here and it reminds me of a soft lamb leather jacket warmed up by the summer sun. Very woody obviously and sour from the grapefruit and vetiver combo, but warm underneath with beautiful ambregris and warm tonka and labdanum that are not sweet but "anchoring". I love the addition of oily/herbal sage which to me is such a smart, original note. There is a little "hay" effect as well... where is it coming from? It's delightful. This is really a scent for the forest/nature loving crowd and those who prefer their perfumes "less perfumey" (you know what I mean?).

It reminds me of the pleasure I used to get out of sniffing Fahrenheit, years ago. But it's richer, more natural. More unisex, too.

Thank you Monsieur Tauer for creating all these scents that move me so much. I'm so very grateful. Thank you also for the affordable prices for such quality. It's greatly appreciated.

AveParfum
AveParfum

I will be the first to admit that I don't have a clue what real vetyver smells like. But this is the sweetest, greenest interpretation I have ever encountered. A welcomed change.

I always go back to the dreaded Dyptique Vetyverio, which I can not stand due to its sourness. And if I recall correctly, it also contains notes of grapefruit (will have to double check on that). But here it is a sweet, ripe grapefruit rather than a sour one.

I was certain I smelled mimosa. It has a delicate yellow floral thing going for it, very spring-time and green-grassy.

meama
meama

126)Doleful green
Composition originale autour du vétiver, je dirais plutot fleurie/vétiver. Je trouve que dans toutes les compositions de Tauer il y a de manière très présente, parfois dérangeante, un fond d'ambregris très particulier mais que je suis seul à sentir semble t'ilquand je lis les avis des autres membres.
Ce vétiver n'a pas du tout la connotation hivernale de ce genre de note, on dirait même l'odeur que pourrait avoir un grand jardin au début de l'été après l'éclosion des fleurs.
Un vétiver doux, un peu sucré qui fini par s'endormir sur son hamac à l'ombre des résineux.

Original composition around vetiver, I would say rather floral / vetiver. I find that in all Tauer compositions there's a very present, special, sometimes disturbing, Ambergris background but I'm the only one to smell it, it seems, when I read the opinions of other members.
This vetiver have not at all the winter connotation of such a note, it could even be the smell of a large garden in early summer after blooming flowers.
A soft vetiver, a little bit sweet, which finally fell asleep on the hammock in the shade of conifers.

raw umber
raw umber

Have you ever inflated a pair of plastic water wings, an inner-tube, or a kiddie pool using just the air from your lungs. This is the scent of the opening to Vetiver Dance.

Vetiver Dance opens with sharp green and plastic notes, along with black pepper and big fat vetiver. There is something very synthetic and almost toxic mingling with the earth, spice, and warm greens in the opening.

The plastic-smelling note is very familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it. It reminds me of the air trapped inside of a bath toy that is too old and starting to deteriorate.

Once Vetiver Dance starts to calm down, lilly of the valley emerges and weaves through the green, plastic, and earth. At this point it has become considerably less peppery and sharp.

The dry down is the most redeeming part of Vetiver Dance. It reminds me a little of walking down a path through the woods after the rain. There are wet earth notes, cedar, and warm green notes as well as a bit of sunlight peeking through the clouds. The plastic is no longer present.The dry down is very pleasant. Projection is pretty good, longevity is excellent. It feels like a very Summery fragrance to me.

Is it worth all of that sharp artificial (albeit interesting) tumult for the beautiful warm, earthy green dry down? I'll leave that up to you, but personally, I would go with Grey Flannel or Hermes's Eau de Gentiane Blanche if I wanted a unisex-type, flowery, verdant bomb of a fragrance. I could do without that half-inflated kiddie pool.

Note: "interesting" and "beautiful" are not opposed to one another in my mind, but sometimes they can both be present without being equivalent. In the case of Vetiver Dance, its interesting qualities do not highlight its beauty for me.

Labaloo
Labaloo

Fascinating. I don't love it, but I like it. It seems to create a "barrier" around me to which I am not-so-accustomed- in the way that someone might want to admire a bitter, poisonous bloom from a short distance- not too close. I don't know how else to describe what I'm sensing. It is serene. The heart stands out stronger than the top or base with its cool floral character, warmed only by pale brushstrokes of clary sage, tonka, and amber, and dry black pepper, frankincense, cedar with the tiniest sparkle from grapefruit peel. Vetiver grounds the whole composition well with its dank, grassy nature, but I must concur with other reviewers: Andy's take on the vetiver frag is unlike any other! "Noble" might be a good word to describe this scent as a whole; for most- both women and men- this would be close to unwearable as they would lack the arrogance to pull it off well.

EDIT: It's growing on me after subsequent sampling. It's not "love" yet, but it's a "strong like".

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

The opening is herbal by clary sage and a little sharp, don´t get grapefruit. A floral body comes, and the pepper appears together, the drydown with tonka and vetiver make this incredibly well done.
I have a dry root of vetiver here, and this one in the niche scents, is the aroma that comes closest to it. In short, excellent!

Flowery vetiver with woody/resinous undertones. Interesting (challenging) opening where Tauer shows his incredible mastery in taking the distance from the usual initial accord of many vetivers introducing a weird green-herbaceous element that leans towards a salty/metallic feel, yet the fragrance is not completely satisfying. Powerful, solid and original but I prefer drier compositions when it comes to vetiver.

Rating: 6.5/10

mickers
mickers

Vetiver dance is amazing! Unlike any other vetiver I have tried but still keeping itself grounded with the vetiver note. It moves with herbs and spices at the top with a touch of sweetness and as the hours go on you realize the sweetness is an ambrien accord like that in ambre narguile. Not as in your face and remaining soothing and comforting with soft vetiver dancing with the sweetness!

spoombung
spoombung

This is a weird, intense, mix of inedible, green roots and strong soap powder.

There is something very annoying about it that I can't quite put my finger on and I'm busy trying to decide if it's the 'good' annoying kind or the 'bad'. It's almost certainly the 'bad' kind because I'm finding it charmless and slightly depressing and it reminds me of chewing on grass roots or attempting to eat something naively and experimentally in the long grass when I was a kid... then having to spit it out.

Like all the Tauer perfumes, this is MEGA powerful and has a furry, powdery, base that outstays it's welcome by hours and seems impervious to scrubbing.

libertybelle
libertybelle

Wow, sharp and spicy at first application. Within about 15 minutes, it mellowed and was slightly powdery. This is when I find the grapefruit oil note a bit more noticeable on it's own. The dry down is not overly sharp, but clean and dry with the rose contributing a mellow sort of spice layered on top of the pepper and sage. I also really get the ambergris. I quite like this one. Very different than anything I own. Good sillage and lasting power for an EDT too.

kutyafina
kutyafina

When I sniffed it I felt something truly unique!It's amazing...I think this one is we call PERFUME!

Dixie
Dixie

If you can think of a vetiver as a complex scent-this one is. It has a nice development and very sexy for either sex.

cbstarker
cbstarker

Andy Tauer is a perfumer who genuinely enjoys creating perfumes that are as thoughtfully unique as they are pleasantly interesting. Although Tauer fragrances don't appeal to everyone, if you enjoy vetiver in general, you should try this at least once. There is something about his "accords" that are odd but this peculiarity is what makes his fragrances stand out. His signature is as obvious and unique as his passion for perfumes is genuine.

As a lover of fragrances centered on the Vetiver note, this is definitely the most singular version of a vetiver perfume I've ever experienced. Rather than the typical bracing vibrance or the smoky notes of vetiver, Vetiver Dance is the opposite, something mellow and soothing.

The opening starts with burst of grapefruit with a touch of spicy pepper to give a bright but subdued introduction, like a cloudy sunrise after a stormy night. A touch of clary sage lends a slightly leathery quality and this helps soften the opening while allowing the citrus to effortlessly segue into the vetiver. The type of vetiver used in this fragrance helps with this transition, as it is an earthy, dry vetiver scent. Finally, the drydown has a pleasantly moderate amber and tonka accord that lends a subtle creaminess that blends with the earthiness of the vetiver, including a touch of cedar to keep it from getting too sweet.

With Vetiver Dance, Tauer has provided a different take on vetiver that is not what one would expect given the pomp of classics such as Encre Noire and Vetiver Extraordinaire. Rather than taking the limelight, though, this dance is like the moves that take over when the groove is right and no one is looking. It's that shuffle, head-bob sway that takes over when you are "in the groove" and the music is "just right."

memechose
memechose

Vetiver dance opens with a brief explosion of fiery pepper and smoke that engages the soft ambergris and lily of the valley accords into a Paso Doble performed by two lovers. There is drama, tension, passion, but ultimately the dance of rage and love ends, leaving a bittersweet memory of tonka bean in the drydown.

I describe it as ‘slow dancing in a burning room”.

adeline_chan_sy
adeline_chan_sy

The darkest deepest vetiver I've ever encountered, overwhelmingly masculine and cloaked in stealthy mystery. Nothing at all like Guerlain's light bright vetiver or The Different Company's earthy tangy vetiver(my favourite). It's beyond earthy, it's a hellhole vetiver, almost gourmande, a vetiver infused with rich dark mocha mayan chocolate. But I still prefer Jo MAlone's version with coffee, now that's a far more wearable vetiver for a woman of mystery, IMO.

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

I am a woman and Vetiver dance is good for both men and women. I cant sense anything masculine about it. It is not a sexy scent, but definitely a good casual scent to wear everyday and particularly at the office. There is a big citrus opening, so if you dont like citrus mixing with vetiver, then get another kind of vetiver.

essija
essija

I disagree and could see this being my signature scent for the summer months to come. This is a dream on my skin. When you mix Tonka Bean with Grapfruit the outcome w/my chemistry is Lemon Bliss w/ a touch of Sugar. This is simply to die for... Will purchase this to come... Love this stuff... It's Simple, It's Light, It's everything but Spice. It's a perfect daytime scent...

kurisu
kurisu

I order sample of Vetiver dance with other 4 samples of Tauer's perfume.Unfortunately this vial has broken while shipping,so I can't test Vetiver dance on my skin.This review base on the scents on the paper only.
Well the name "Vetiver" can tell you all,the vetiver take the lead,and come with a bit of sweet and peppery notes.It's green,rich and charming.Anyway I feel that this scents is too musculin for me.IMO,this scents would be great on man than woman.