Designers » T-Z » Chypre Floral « Groups

08 Une Rose Chypree Tauer Perfumes for women

08 Une Rose Chypree Tauer Perfumes for women
dislike

cinnamon
08 Une Rose Chypree Tauer Perfumes for women Pictures 08 Une Rose Chypree Tauer Perfumes for women Pictures 08 Une Rose Chypree Tauer Perfumes for women Pictures 08 Une Rose Chypree Tauer Perfumes for women Pictures 08 Une Rose Chypree Tauer Perfumes for women Pictures 08 Une Rose Chypree Tauer Perfumes for women Pictures

Une Rose Chypree was introduced in 2009 as a fragrance that starts the collection Memorables (Homage). The fragrance includes aromas of essential oil and rose damascena absolute, bay leaf, cinnamon, bergamot, lemon, clementine, bourbon geranium, laudanum, vetiver, oak moss, patchouli and vanilla. The perfume is available as 15 ml EDP. Perfumer is Andy Tauer.

Cinnamon Bay Leaf Bergamot Lemon Clementine

Bulgarian Rose Rose Bourbon Geranium

Labdanum Oakmoss Patchouli Vetiver Vanilla

08 Une Rose Chypree Fragrance Reviews

henri345que
henri345que

I'm surprised to see that the pyramid doesn't have cardamom on it, since i get a spicy, creamy and slightly sweet impression that i sweared it was cardamom. I'm not an usual Andy Tauer fan, his signature ambery accord of labbdanum and vanilla pops on a lot of his fragrances to me and make them look pretty much the same. In this one, however, the spicy rose effect is nice and the mossy patchouly backfround works very well in providing a retro chypre aura to its overall ambery signature. One of the Andys that i liked the most so far.

christianne1
christianne1

Andy Tauer's creations are remarkably unique and distinctively his own. The ingredients are of such high quality and so natural smelling, it is almost as though he put everything in a simmer pot and slow cooked it all day and poured it in a bottle just for me. When I smell his perfumes, I get a truly handmade effect, like something very artistic and individual.

Rose Chypree is like wearing a classic retro chypre perfume combined with elaborate and complex essential oils. It feels warm and lush and like it is slowly brewing on the skin at all times. There is so much more going on here than rose. It is very well blended and it turns into this oriental cloud that seems to hover slightly above the skin but leaves a beautiful head turning trail of rose, patchouli, cinnamon (and other spices), oak moss and vanilla. It does have the Tauer trademark base although much milder than some of the others. But it certainly smells like "Tauer".

I was wearing Rose Chypree while shopping in an organic store and I felt like the scent blended in with the surroundings. Pure, earthy and natural...almost hippie. Absolutely nothing about it feels synthetic to me.

dalmajen
dalmajen

„Heavenly Roses, from the past.”
What a wonderful surprise this turned out to be! These are roses. Dark, heavily scented roses, from another era. Not the fragile dewy English Garden type rose, but more of a robust and sturdy type rose, that grew in gardens in far away places. Roses that have definite personality. Now, imagine a bunch of these gorgeous roses combined in a lovely bouquet with the highly scented mini carnation...a carnation that is scented like cinnamon), combined with some beautiful vanilla scented orchids. The greenery for this lovely bouquet would be clementine orange leaves, with a few bayleafs for added decoration. This is a flower bouquet made with love. Just like this superb fragrance, from the Tauer line. I was hesitant at first, to test this, as I wasn't really impressed with his other rose fragrance (Une Rose Vermeille). Which to my nose was more of a rosewater sweet fruity fragrance. But this is a different breed of rose! The dry down is simply wonderful...soft, yet distinct. It's almost like a lovely tune, playing in the background. The lasting power is great, and it has a very nice sillage..not overpowering, but again, very distinct and attractive. This is a real winner for me, and hope to be able to get a FB very soon! Thank you Mr. Tauer, for a glimpse into the past! I got my Full Bottle about a month ago, and treasure it!

gvalentinotti
gvalentinotti

It is a quite difficult scent. It is not for everyone. It is very elaborate and complex. For my taste, the elements that make it up, are too many and the end it is a difficult to recognize its identity.
Cinnamon is strong and together with other spices, the final effect is very warm but also a bit gloomy. I mean that it is not a joyful and fun scent. It is a sophisticated scent, very serious and elaborate and a bit hard to wear.

Labaloo
Labaloo

Does anyone else smell mint?

This fragrance is SO beautiful- unlike anything I've ever smelt before. I am captivated and just sniffing its glorious complexity: antiseptic, cooling herbal tones underlining the coolness of rose... petal fresh- is that not a rarity amongst modern rose perfumes?! And the warmth of Sri Lankan cinnamon... and the ambery labdanum. I don't know. I'm happy just sitting here. It's somehow both cool and warm- like the color "celadon"- just beautiful.

Roge'
Roge'

Skin types are a funny thing. Im looking at the longevity and sillage rating and can't believe what im seeing. I dabbed a couple of drops on my skin and instantly the fragrance filled the majority of my house. Une Rose was beasting with projection for about 5hrs then became very soft afterwards. I woke up the next morning and the patchouli was still detectable on my skin. As for the smell, unfortunately this didn't pass the "Lady Test". It passes for me but then again I like scents that push boundaries. For that reason, this was right up my alley. You would be making a horrible mistake if you blind bought this. Please make sure you sample this because this is not suitable for everyone.

DomizianoA
DomizianoA

Other classin! Don't mean to sound snoty but i am: only for "Class acts"! Others may go to Britney or Lancome.. lol

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

„Rockin' Roses”
Ok now where do I begin? I am not characteristically known as a rose lover but the quality ingredients used in this product just might convert me. I just wished I had an experienced nose to detect what I really smell but here goes...

There is powder, balmy woods, and a soft orange in the background. I do not detect any sharp citrus, just a deep, rich thick syrupy orange. Why does this rosé smell so incensed? The cinnamon listed is very light, just enough for a spark, not a fire, just a glint of oomph to make it interesting.

This warm intoxicating powder is luxurious. I can't ignore this scent, it's just incredibly magnetic. If I really had the words to describe this fragrance I would say to all you rose lovers, this one is going to "Rock Your World!"

Wow! This is a beauty.

Roses and Spices
Roses and Spices

A deep heavy powerful rose perfume that astounds with its blast of seductive rose. This is feminine confidence in a bottle. Some people like it and some just look a bit startled as if they have just remembered something long forgotten. Because of this I have to be in the right mood to wear rose chypree. Although it is a gorgeous rose smell - interestingly not everyone likes a rose scent- so you have to be prepared for the varied responses. As this is very strong you only need the tiniest amount and because it is Taeur it lasts the day. (longevity is amazing with his perfumes). Beautiful but do try a
sample first because the 'power of the rose' might not suit everyone. Vive le Taeur!

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

Can I start by saying that Andy Tauer is a complete genius. A breath of fresh air. I haven't experienced a perfume line this good in quite a while. Vintage style.

Spices, incense, exotic rose. It is like stepping back in time, what a wonderful surprise! This is rich and luxurious. Dries down soft spicy and powdery wood.
Andy Tauer, my hats off to you, you have accomplished what many others have tried and failed. It's sugar and spice n' everything nice!

This is on the top of my wish list...;)
EDIT: The longer you wear this, the more intoxicating it becomes; a powder lovers dream, mmm....

dkny27
dkny27

Pungent, sharp.... The calibre of Tauer fragrances, from what I have and have sampled is untouchable;IMO.. Even if you are not a fan, you cannot dispute the levels of depth and quality... This isn't my favorite, may be due to the cinnamon flavored patchouli with a squirt of lemon. But as it mellows down, there is an exotic depth, a tease of "mmmm", if you will.... This is strong, know this in advance.. The bay leaf adds another spicy layer as the scent develops like a film exposure from a camera. Very unique!

rose_selavie
rose_selavie

There are fantastic perfumes, fragrances that may reconstruct a memory, perfumes that take you in imaginary travels, scents that evoke physical reactions, perfumes that say nothing. And then there's Andy Tauer perfumes. It should be created a special category dedicated to his creations. Andy doesn`t make a perfume. He creates with a talent of a genius a new kind of perfume. It's a shame to test his creations on the run, you can judge them rashly. To understand and appreciate their true qualities an accommodation exercise is needed.

I started with Une Rose Chypree. A huge 3D rose, which combines a vintage with avant-garde type of perfume. That makes it so unique: the fact that on one side you get a familiar rose, maybe a vintage scent, and on the other side new kind of notes appear which you haven`t got the chance to experience before.

It opens kind of oily, smells a bit of flax oil that I use when painting, but its not strange, I like that, its intriguing.This stage does not last long, soon I distinguish a small deep dark red rosebud, small and frail, almost odorless. In time this little bud begins to grow and grow and unfold itself and evolve and becomes more and more fragrant and complex. When it reaches the dry down I can experience maybe the most refined and generous bouquet of roses in perfumery.

I could not say that it is actually soliflor scent, because it clearly feels that Une Rose Chypree is supported by balsamic and earth tones from patchouli and labdanum. Overall is a sweet-spicy floral oriental perfume.The base is almost powdery, like a powder made of dried rose petals.The whole creation seems to suggest the stages of a rose life, the birth with the little bud in the top notes, then comes a beautiful rose scent generous and mature, kissed all day by the sun, followed by an ending full of poetry, sweet and dry.

About its sillage and longevity I can say they are exceptional. One generous spray is enough for a 2 meter radius projection and you will feel it around you all day. Its concentration competes with that of a pure perfume, as well as its complexity.

"Life is a journey" ... with Andy Tauer's fragrances.

Baldric
Baldric

Finally, a real perfume! Odd that it is a blend of a chypre and oriental style, but to me it still reads as more of a true chypre than most modern chypres. The bergamot and other citrus in the opening is fresh and a bit sweet (nothing compared to most new fragrances). The rose is fresh and accompanied by enough spice that it doesn't come across as very powdery or sour and the bay really adds a dry herbal touch. And then there's oakmoss, ahhh, and vetiver and definitely vanilla. I don't get much patchouli, but I trust that it is there and probably adding to my experience. And what an experience it is.

Heady, thick, rich, intense yet somehow soft and a tiny bit fresh. I would like to bathe in this stuff. I would like to live in a bottle of this stuff. This is the kind of perfume that can change your outlook on life. The only thing that is keeping me from immediately ordering a full bottle is that I might want to get incense rose as well and combine the order for shipping.

Excellent quality and artistry, potent, long lasting, great sillage. A must try for anyone who loves chypres or orientals or roses or sillage or high quality. Do yourself a favor and get a discovery set if you haven't already.

daniela3
daniela3

I met and bought this perfume 2 years ago. Personally I find Une Rose Chyprée the strangest and 'extravagant' rose you can wear. First of all, I begin with saying that A.T.'s perfumes can be appreciated or not, loved or not but both who are 'for' or 'against' his creations recognize that he uses excellent ingredients. The quality or better the high quality in a fragrance is determinant for the success of a good product; the same happen with clothes: for instance either a jumper in pile or in cashmere can keep you warm but....The opening is 'embarrassing': a mixture of rotten rose petals, incense, cinnamon, liqueur (?!?) a hint of warm banana's peel, something 'carnal'...but after a while and little by little, finally the appearance of a mature (red, for me ) rose, open and fragrant! There's something velvety in her 'dark', beautiful softness but for me it's a warm rose, I can't read any freshness in it. The majority of Tauers creations take a very long while in order to express themselves and so before you could appreciate them as they merit. The fragrance has a long and articulated evolution (according to my experience) but it never betrays you, no bad surprises at all although it is true that the frag changes! Sillage not overwhelming but lovable. The persistence is very good. It took me almost 2 years before understanding that this is a little gem. Any way this is not a rose you can wear everyday - or this is my opinion - but it's really impressive, one of the most beautiful, 'adult' roses available.

Spido
Spido

I received a sample today, but I am suspicious that I might have gotten Incense Rose instead, because all I smell is incense and rose...and there are no incense in the notes. And it is too much of it, too. I am disappointed. :-(

My very first scent from Tauer Perfumes was this one, and the 1 ml sample vial from an online retailer (The only one mentioned above) may actually last me for quite some time. I saw (and rolled my eyes, of course) the designation "for women", but paid it no mind. This scent has something for everyone...and remember now, I am not the biggest fan of roses in general.

2009, huh? I would have thought, on initially appliying it, that is it was released 20 years prior to that! This is gorgeous, and though aldehydes are not listed I thought I got that tell-tale nose tickle and cool feeling they sometimes provide. This is a very dark rose perfume...but NOT a Rose Noir, as it were. I feel as if I am in a room with dark wood and velvet furniture with dozens of dark thick roses all around me, seasoned with fragrant bay leaves, warm cinnamon and zesty citrus rinds! The slightly spicy nature of the rose is really accented here while citruses add a certain "sparkle" to it all. RC is sharper at first, then becomes a more "potpourri" type smell consisting of dried flowers and leaves, but is infinitely more elegant. The drydown, here, has true "chypricity": very warm and earthy, slightly grassy, and green 'fuzzy' mossy feel with Patchouli crossing just ahead of Vanilla at the finish line. Rose Chypree 08 gives a whole new meaning to "floral chypre" without being too feminine or masculine; but the best of both and more than either of them ever could be alone!

Sillage: excellent
Longevity: superb
Overall: 4.5/5

I had just finished reviewing Muscs de Koublai Khan before this, and it may just be more powerful; as it is more readily detectable, and may just be more long lasting. One drop on my right hand gives me a spicy floral scent in my nose while sipping coffee...and now, 2 hours later, (after a phone call from a dear old friend from college) it is still spiralling into the air and making me sigh with pure pleasure. I prefer MKK as far as the scent itself goes...BUT this is one really well-made perfume, that gives off a very unisex and somewhat warm and sexy vibe.

Andy Tauer-thank you for what you have made, from the bottom of my perfumed heart, and I thank the perfume Gods that you found your TRUE calling and were not an insurance agent!

Migotka
Migotka

I am truly jealous of people on whom Andy Tauer's creations are interesting, deep fragrances. It seems that not even a single one out of the ones I tried worked for me :/

In this case, I blame patchouli. This note can spoil everything on me, and while sometimes it decides not to, Rose Chypree knocks me off my feet with a heavy patchouli blow. Actually, it is not even a blow. More like a meteorite fall, followed by a direct hit of a labdanum and bay leaf conspiration. A hit and run. 5 minutes later my nose still tries to pull itself together. There is a lot going on on this fragrance, unfortunately, the scent really turns quite heavy and way too spicy for me, so that finally rose becomes the last note I detect.

I know it smells divine on other people, not on me though. For now, I think I will have to say "Adieu!" to Andy Tauer

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I have tested enough Tauers now to recognise his signature exotic 'incensiness' and here it has been infused with a rich, throaty rose and a serious attitude problem.

Running thoughout is a green tinge and a slight bitterness from the Bay Leaf (which I find quite noticable and/or pleasing). The vanilla, cinnamon and rose make this one of the more feminine Tauers, albeit still firmly unisex in potential.

Un Rose Chypre does indeed behave like a chypre of old with its green citrus opening, floral heart and dry leathery base however its modern interpretation is quite exciting and unique. The bay leaf is peculiar, the patchouli is dirty (in a vegan way), the geranium is spicy and the sweetness is oriental, borrowing heavily from vanilla pods, not flowers,

Unlike some of his other creations I believe this is significantly more accessible to the general populace and is in fact quite lovely to wear.

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

First thing, Thank you Trax for sending me this.

I have now discovered that all oakmoss turns to a powdered sandalwood on my skin. The rose is clear and not boring it blends in such a lovely and very cozy way.

A completely incense vibe to it. I feel this would be a wonderful scent for lovers who escape to a rustic chalet and that they want complete divine rose and wood in their moments of romance.

I don't get the vétiver which is usually woody/fresh and this is not in anyway fresh to me. It's intense at the first 20minutes then it gradually becomes a well crafted lightly powdered rose/wood. Beautiful.

Andy Tauer's UNE ROSE CHYPREE is a beautiful perfume, yes, perfume. Very potent and longlasting, this elixir should be applied sparingly and can be savored for many wonderful hours after application.

The composition is really a floriental chypre, as the oriental elements are every bit as dominant as the chypre. This is an original presentation of rose and rose geranium along with classic chypre notes--oakmoss, labdanum, patchouli, vetiver--liberally spiced with cinnamon and vanilla. To my nose, the cinnamon combines with the vetiver and oakmoss to produce a pseudo-incense note. Be forewarned: this relatively linear creation is rather heady!

I highly recommend this creation to lovers of both orientals and chypres. If you do not like oriental perfumes, this may be too much for you. But I predict that hard-core perfumistas (you know who you are...) are going to love UNE ROSE CHYPREE, especially as the days grow shorter and the nights become colder.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

I am not crazy about roses generally, but the chypre aspect made me want to try this one. It is a very nice, warm fragrance with a great balance between rose and a deeper incense base but after a while it became too sweet on my skin. On the plus side - if you like it I have to say the staying power is incredible! One test spray on the wrist in the evening and it was still going strong the next morning!! I was afraid I might have it forever - lol!

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

It is soft Chypre, a hint of rose, dark red rose.Instead of geranium I feel a bit of carnation.Not bad, but not to be in my wish list.

KJanicki
KJanicki

I wasn't expecting to love this but I do! Right from the juicy clementine opening to the rich floral oakmoss heart. It has a rich, luxurious feminine feel, that reminds me of Chanel No 5 extrait. Gorgeous.

jeca
jeca

What a beautiful harmony of rose and cinnamon, and all these vintage powdery notes! It makes me feel like I am touched by fur, and preparing for opera... very special evening in my life.

This fragrances can't go without diamonds, candles, evening dress, rolls royce... It's like a treasure from the past.

Catnip
Catnip

This is a stunning neo-chypre (is there such a word at all?) and my most recent "catch"! I am so happy that Andy Tauer was not afraid of using oakmoss and combining it in such a creative way with flowers, cinnamon, and patchouli. I was prepared for a "candied" rose as some other reviews (on a different board) have described it. I was not prepared for how fresh, how modern, and at the same time vintage, this fragrance felt. No, I don't really smell a rose here. I can feel the notes of geranium, deliciously mingled with cinnamon, much better. At the moment I smelled Une Rose, a memory came into my mind: I am walking on the sidewalks of the heart of a small European town, and all the windows of the houses and restaurants are adorned with brightly colored flowers (mostly geraniums in planters). It is not that I sense only the geraniums in this perfume. More likely, the fragrance captures what I have come to associate with the scent of late spring and summer--unpretentiously rich and beautiful.

cbstarker
cbstarker

What I like best about Une Rose Chypre is that this is Andy's first step away from the signature resinous amber/tonka base. Instead, Rose Chypre uses a touch of oakmoss and patchouli. The vanilla is still there - and obvious - but the drydown is not as sweet as his other fragrances. The opening is a powerful burst of rose, clean and clear, but unfortunately disappears after mere seconds. It is replaced almost immediately by a lovely citrus/floral accord balanced by a noticable but modest touch of cinnamon that lasts for hours until the base slowly starts to take over. Don't let the name fool you, this is not just for women. Perfect for a warm, muggy day, this is a pleasant surprise from someone whose creations don't appeal to everyone and whose fragrances often conjure distant lands.

jcmunich
jcmunich

Wow! One of the best rose fragrances I know. I do love it a lot even in this hot, humid weather. This fragrance is not sweet and cloying like so many other rose fragrances I know. A favourite of mine.

Pa.princess
Pa.princess

Another winner from the fantastic Mr. Tauer!! When I first applied it I was not sure I would like it. Something musty there,probably the rose of which I am not a big fan. But as it started to dry down...superb. Lovely spiciness!! You really get the cinnamon. Also somewhat "incensey" if you know what I mean. Wonderful, wonderful scent.

MJ
MJ

This is already shipping from theperfumeshoppe.com in Canada. I've been enjoying mine for a week!

Maugli
Maugli

Only starts selling from 1 July 2009. Got a tester. Remarkable: fresh, spicy and rosy. mmm!

08 Une Rose Chypree by Tauer Perfumes 3.91 out of 5 based on 220 ratings and 30 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tauer Perfumes 08 Une Rose Chypree fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tauer Perfumes 08 Une Rose Chypree, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 08 Une Rose Chypree by Tauer Perfumes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 08 Une Rose Chypree by Tauer Perfumes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.