Designers » T-Z » Woody Spicy « Groups

dislike

coffee
leather
Black Soul Imperial Ted Lapidus for men Pictures

Ted Lapidus presented fragrance for men Black Soul in 2009 and enriched it with a woody-spicy composition, placed in a very elegant and masculine black flacon embellished with gold metal details.

Its composition included seductive spicy notes of saffron, cinnamon and cardamom, cooled with mint and orange blossom. The fragrance offers luminous bergamot, warm tolu balm and fine resins, along with woody aromas of Guaiac wood and cedar. The whole composition is embraced with a sensual musky veil.

The new fragrance Ted Lapidus Black Soul Imperial, has been presented in 2011 as an intense, masculine edition to take us for an olfactive journey. On top of luminous citruses that can be clearly felt in top notes of the composition, you will be surprised by intoxicating scent of baked coffee. A heart of the composition features accentuated notes of mint and spices, whereas a base is defined as very masculine and intense, composed of stable woody accords.

NOTES:
citruses, baked coffee, mint, spices, woody notes

Ted Lapidus Black Soul Imperial can be purchased in a falcon shaped like its antecedent from 2009, colored in black with gold color details. Available as 50 and 100 ml EDT. Year: 2011.

Citruses Coffee

Spices Mint

Woodsy Notes Amber Leather

Black Soul Imperial Fragrance Reviews

GodKing
GodKing

I picked-up a bottle of Black Soul Imperial (BSI) back in the Spring and it is certainly a much better fit for the Fall, for sure. In a nutshell, to me it's like a spiced Cherry Coke scent...not easy to explain, but BSI is definitely a unique scent that I really like. But it's also not for everyone as I find it difficult to love but easy to like.

The listed notes are pretty much what I pick-up in this fragrance. Yes, I understand the 1 Million references..but it's certainly a darker, spicier and more mature version of it. For an inexpensive fragrances the presentation is excellent (love the bottle and tin) and performance is pretty good too; lasts 10+ hours and projects moderately on my skin.

TadCat
TadCat

unique, certainly, and pleasant. quite safe but classy, i like it a lot, but it almost has a little bit of a powdery part to it which keeps me from fully loving it.

Knightofwands

Unique and superior scent. Great packaging, bottle and sublime fragrance. Exceptional and underrated.

Nico.bono
Nico.bono

Love it!

shreif

After month from my first review now I am wondering why my first impression was so bad ??
This perfume is pleasing and i am satisfied for keeping it in my collection
The coffee note is unique in this one and different from any other coffee scent
still no similarity with neither Rochas man nor Givenchy play intense
Good work Ted Lapidus : 8 / 10

shreif

there is no similarity between black soul imperial and both of rochas man and Givenchy play intense neither in the smell nor in the quality it's more similar with the earlier perfumes from ted lapidus.
I can't distinguish the coffee note in black soul imperial and if there any it will be diffrent type from any smell of coffee I used before ( angel man , pure havan and rochas man ).
the intial impression of using this perfume is too bad, disgusting and dirty but the good point is it's get better whenever I getting used to it .
It's that kind of perfumes that need time to feel it's beauty and make your mind about it hence it's not a safe perfume and it's better to try it before you buy or take the risk on your own .
the most notes i get is the amber and woody notes (maybe guiac wood and little bit of oud ) after two days of use I can't get any coffee or leather ????
the sillage and longevity is good and the quality is not the best this is not what I was looking for when I am thinking about coffee scent and nothing about it make it masterpiece or hiding gem as next reviews said 6/10

warlockss
warlockss

this is an incredible underrated fragrance and surprisingly not well known in the fragrance community so it can be a unique signature scent for anyone . I personally love this fragrance for its spicy cinnamon and gorgeous coffee scent . I've been looking all over and buying many similar frags to this but none of them have even come close. this is truly a masterpiece.
please spread the word on this one it deserves higher attention.
again a true masterpiece and an outstanding 10/10 .

Deefit
Deefit

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the leather, as this is the most prominent note I am getting. I've sprayed on a sample given to be my a member here, about 15 minutes ago. So I'll get back to this review.

tlalexander210
tlalexander210

This is a very good night time and cold/cool weather scent. It's a must try for anyone interested in fragrances.

RullyPe
RullyPe

just try this today after bought the fb 2 weeks ago, smells like Rochas Man, well blended of coffee and cinnamon . projection still good after 2 hours.
I'm thinking to take this underrated gem as my signature scent

Chani.K

I have just recently ordered this I can't wait to get it.

Chani.K

Sorry I'm all new to the swap community any help would be great. I'm in Australia and would like to know where to go on this site to start a swap or do I jus request a swap on the threads?
I have a full bottle of Lolita Lempicka Au Masculine, Hugo Boss Hugo, anyone for a swap?
PLEASE HELP.

Knightofwands

I bought this blind, after reading reviews on here.
It's simply fab and original!

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

Weirdest perfume i ve smelled for sure.I dont understand what im smelling and i definetely dont pickup any of the notes listed...All i smell is clothing softener with a bit of rive gauche some powder and some spices.The smell is definetely unique and very mysterious.its among the best perfumes i ve tried.Its like a very warm aristocratic scent suitable mostly for a rich gentleman.
This one is a hidden gem for sure,thank god,as not too many people are aware of this perfume.This one gained a spot on my top list.
Projection and longetivity are among the best i have in my collection.It projects for 2 meters for an hour and longetivity is 8 hours solid on my skin.
Overall its the first time a frag confuses me that much as i cant define what im smelling here maybe i need some time more with it but oh god its so mysterious and awsome ^^

Score: 9/10

Ps: I get some similarities with rochas man

Virgoan-hunk
Virgoan-hunk

When I read the notes on Fragrantica, I was so looking forward to trying this out, it sounded Delicious and I could picture this contrast of fresh, sweet, spicy, light.
I went in 2 days ago got a sample and rushed home.
I sprayed it on.
And..........
Holy Crap.
What is this awful Burnt, Rubbery concoction I've just put on.
It stuck to me, and pounded me with its Acrid Stench.
I tried to stick it out.
3 hours later it settled, to a coffee, amber mix, but the Dirty rubber still overshadowed the sweet notes. So I gave up and threw the tester away and went to have a Scrub.
Totally not made for me.
2 out of 10.

aromaphile
aromaphile

Black Soul Imperial hits the ground running. I just sprayed this (once) on a card and within 1.5 seconds my lady could smell it from across the room. "MMMMMMM", she said.

I purchased this blind after reading many reviews and having familiarity with what I like and what I don't...the first list being much longer than the latter.

I don't get much citrus or baked coffee, but the spices, faint mint and a balmy quality (tolu, they say) are present to my nose from the start. If you are familiar with other Lapidus releases, you know this to certainly be a part of the family.

If you can't tell, I'm a fan. You should try it if nothing else.

Fabio Dondeo
Fabio Dondeo

Pretty bottle and good price. I bought it based on reviews and expected it would be fresher, I did not identified the mint. Sillage and longevity are moderate, not excellent. The smell is dry and rubbery (at least in my pale dry skin).

Dr.ivan.gutierrez.perio
Dr.ivan.gutierrez.perio

this is a wannabe of a well blended Givenchy Play Intense, thats why i voted remind me of rochas man
dont get me wrong, it isnt bad at all it is just that stand too close to a very good one and then its obvious to make the comparison.
i like more the original black soul because its more honest dont find it pretending to be anything else that it is a good sweet bublly gummy strawberry club scent

waine
waine

Smells OK, nothing great. A little on the candy, wispy, breezy sweet side. The 30ml bottle is packaged ever so beautify in a neat little black tin that I would buy it simply to behold its magnificence, and hoping that it will blend with my chemistry.

But the test never really moved me, so this will take a back seat for now.

narde
narde

pyramid from fragrantica have wrong notes and inchoate.
Fundamantal notes is : bergamote,rosemary,roasted coffee,geranium,nutmeg,saffron,oud wood,leather,gold tobacco.

Roqfort
Roqfort

Maybe there is something like 1Million, but more smoky, woody and less sweet than 1Million.
Let's say, Black Soul Imperial is a 1 Million in tuxedo.
Very nice scent for clubbing with very good projection and longevity. Tumbs up.

moura91
moura91

Its Black soul with a lot of Cinnamon so this is another 1 million wannabe

jpcresson
jpcresson

It's fantastic! A real fragrance from France. Not in the US.It's special forget department stores!!!!!! JP C

Alphamale
Alphamale

very very interesting notes, love the original black soul

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ted Lapidus Black Soul Imperial fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Ted Lapidus Black Soul Imperial, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Black Soul Imperial by Ted Lapidus. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Black Soul Imperial by Ted Lapidus represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.