Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

Fantasme Ted Lapidus for women

Fantasme Ted Lapidus for women
dislike

Fantasme Ted Lapidus for women Pictures Fantasme Ted Lapidus for women Pictures

Fantasme by Ted Lapidus is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Fantasme was launched in 1992. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Bourdon. Top notes are pineapple, green notes, violet, peach and bergamot; middle notes are damask rose, raspberry, orris root, jasmine and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are sandalwood, musk, vanilla and cedar.

Pineapple Green Notes Violet Peach Bergamot

Damask Rose Raspberry Orris Root Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley

Sandalwood Musk Vanilla Cedar

Oui-Non
Le Parfum

Fantasme Fragrance Reviews

ginadantas
ginadantas

In the company where I worked in 1996, Fantasme was the fragrance used by some girls in the department near to mine. It was delicious, so I finally decided to buy a bottle. I had the luck to do it on the weekend, when I firstly used it, because I immediatelly had migraine after I sprayed Fantasme on my skin. It was disappointing for me, once it used to smell great in the others girls... I tried to use it again some days later, but migraine said "Hello" again. So, I was obliged to pass it on... And my sensations about Fantasme changed negativelly. The reason why this fragrance cause me migraines remains a mystery to me. It is a good perfume but even now, everytime I smell it near or far from me, I have some bad feelings...

Shoshi
Shoshi

Very strange perfume. It doesn't remind me of Tresor at all. There is a "spoiled fruit" essence in it, quite unpleasant. It dries down a little nicer, sort of like a very powdery perfumey faintly fruity scent. But I don't know if I can bear it until the dry down...

patriciar22
patriciar22

In my opinion, this scent is horrible! Can not stand it! I feel the smell of urine, and something sour, extremely nauseating. Yuck!

tourmali45
tourmali45

I kind of like the idea of smelling fruity but not sickly sweet as many modern takes on fruity perfumes seem to prefer developing their compositions. Fantasme smells very naturally - when you sniff a ripe peach or raspberry you can tell they smell divine without smelling sweet.
Fantasme can be the right scent for people like me who find sweetness cloying and overcoming, smothering all the smells under its syrupy blanket. In Fantasme, however, I can still enjoy fruits and violets and touch of vanilla in a perfume that is fresh like a walk in a summer orchard after the rain.

ronnize
ronnize

Profumo dolcissimo e legnoso. D'odore di vanigia è tanto forte, e anche se a me non piace tanto i profumi legnosi, questo lo trovo bonissimo.

Perfume muito doce e amadeirado. As notas de vaniglia sao muito fortes e, mesmo eu nao gostando de perfumes amadeirados, este eu acho muito bom!

fath1ma
fath1ma

Fruity floral and masculine in 1. The drydown are woods. I guess fruity floral perfumes in 90 are different, exp, 2000 up (which are dominate/ combine with sweet vanilla)

rennaissance
rennaissance

yes.....TRESOR but so much more affordable!...im very happy to have this perfume...everyone asks me what that divine smell is!.....i havent had so many compliments on my perfume since the 90s when i used to wear white linen!.....if you like warm, sweet perfumes that last foreverrrrrrrrrr get this!...i highly recommend it....you can find it at fragrancex.com for something like...22 euros!!!......
enjoyyyyyyyyyyyy

lapurrla
lapurrla

Sorry fans I find this particular mix of fruits and vanilla quite odd. Something in the base spoils it for me. Casmir shares a few fruity notes and this combination just doesn't appeal to me in either. A strong and rather strange scent for me to wear. This has very little in common with todays fuity-florals that I've tried, so quite unique for the right people as you won't smell like everyone else.

And I'm starting to get the Juicy Fruit connection. Strange, sorry.

(Vintage miniature).

What a gorgeous perfume this is!!!

FairyDust
FairyDust

Hmm...I'm really starting to like this. This could definitely be the little sister of Sonia Rykiel's Le Parfum! I love ALL of SR's line and wear Le Parfum every fall. Fantasme shares seven notes with Le Parfum, so I can't help being reminded of Sonia Rykiel's masterpiece.

Mostly, I get the raspberry, rose, peach, jasmine, iris and rich vanilla in Fantasme which all remind me of LP.

Tuberose in LP is replaced with lilly of the valley, here, which I'm loving. Instead of mimosa sweetened with strawberry and passion fruit, Fantasme sweetens violet with pineapple and a dash of greens. Although there is no amber in Fantasme, my overall impression is a warm ambience of red and amber shades. Yes! That's it exactly!

Although LP's composition is spicier, deeper, and made richer by molten honey, I am really loving the sandalwood and cedar notes in Fantasme which show up much, much later in the drydown. And that's the thing with Fantasme. Although I found it completely horrid at first, it really needs to reach the drydown stage to completely reveal its magic. (I may buy a second bottle after all!)

miZZpuRRfect

i was used to wear this back in the 80's. it was sooo different and outstanding, and it is still today!
it is really sweet and syrupy, but not at all cloying, no! it has a great balance between the absolutely DELICIOUS winegum PEACHES, PINAPPLES and RASPERRY aroma and oriental touches of rose and wood, musk and vanilla. very warm, sweet sultry-sexy. love love love it! a very remarkable scent! sillage and longivity is just great.

qvalitet
qvalitet

One of the worst perfumes I've ever smelled. Cloying sweetness - why would anyone like to smell like winegum peaches? And it lasts forever and ever and ever.

MMC
MMC

Um perfume muito doce,cheiro de bala de framboesa pessego.Não recomendo para as pessoas que tem enxaqueca.Mas reconheço a fixação grande desse perfume.

Moyra
Moyra

Once I actually experienced Fantasme, I got very confused by the reviews here.
80's? Not at all!
Very soft, fruity and sweet, not anywhere *near* an 80s powerhouse wonder in either potency or style.
If anything, I would say that for a perfume created in 1992, Fantasme was way ahead of its day.

Its so polite, fruity and sweet as to be positively inoffensive, which is not praise in my vocabulary. I have no clue where they put all those pretty flowers or even where all the specific fruit are, because all I get is some vague tutti frutti with a dash of vanilla, kind of like the initial encounter with a stick of Juicy Fruit chewing gum.

Hey, at least I did get the chewing gum reference!

Could I be partially anosmic to this supposed wonder?
That makes me a little sad because from the reviews here, I feel I am missing something great, and Fantasme is not only little known but extremely affordable.
And again - perhaps I am anosmic to this particular combination of aromachemicals, but not only is Fantasme's sillage ultra discreet (a 4 out of 10), the lasting power before disappearing into some sort of generic vanilla who-the-heck-knows-what is about 4 hours.
All in all, a scent they should strip of its sexy "Fantasme" name (fantasme=naughty fantasy in French) and rename "Meh".

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

Fantasme is an atypical fragrance that reminds me of the glorious fruity florals of the 80s era. I could almost say that it's also a gourmand on my skin.

I can see why people would call it bubblegummy. It has these delicious juicy fruits in the opening that carry all the way to the heart. Pineapple, raspberry, and peach are the most prominent at this stage.

In the heart phase, I get sweet/wet fruits, jasmines, violets, and roses. Very feminine and rich with depth and dimension.

The base is a sweet floral tending towards vanillic gourmand.

To sum it up: Bright flowers, sweet fruits, and creamy vanilla with a mild hint of green notes to keep it fresh from first spritz to 8 hours later. It's like being surrounded by candy clouds with my feet on a patch of damp grass.

Seriously... What's not to love? :o)

onimoka
onimoka

To me this perfume starts with soft lemonade note, then it smells like mix of valila and raspberry sweets. I also think it is kind of retro. It has charakter. Cheerfull, sweet, soft, long lasting, in my opinion, better for day time.

olga1780
olga1780

I think Fantasme is an amazing creation. Reminds me very much of thick high quality raspberry liqueur, sweet but at the same time not cloying. The lasting power is way above average which seems to be very consistent with Ted's fragrances.

blueberry
blueberry

Fantasme is my blind buy, I was intrigued by the notes but I expected more vanillic sweetness, therefore I am a bit disappointed. I agree it has some retro vibe, close to the fruity chypres, quite pleasant but not exceptional. After a few hours I was bored with it and I decided to apply DIVA, which somehow completed the effect. Not bad, but I have better ones and will not keep Fantasme, because I know someone who will appreciate it more than I do.

passionata20
passionata20

i have mixed feeling about this one! it was my blind buy since i was intrigued by the name of the fragrance and from the first moment i opened it i smelled something very over the top sweet. It was like bubble gum scent mixed with furniture polish scent. I waited quite long to give it a try. I was afraid that it could give me a headache or make me dizzy. Then one day i went to the cinema and in a hurry sprayed what i got first in my hand. It was "Fantasme". All the time i was in the car, then in the cinema, then back home i was smelling the scent. And it didn´t disturbe me or make me dizzy! I actually enjopyed it.
I feel vanilla and raspberry dominate here, but in general it is a very yummy scent, very warm. I do not feel any green notes at all, but do feel pineapple and peach and rose.
And it lasts!!! For hours!!! And it´s edt!!!
As i sniff more and more my wrist i really begin to like it. I am certainly keeping this one but i will use it only occasionaly, as this is something i wouldn´t like to use for everyday wear. And it is stricly a cold weather scent IMO! And i also think that this one should not be sprayed generously over entire body but only to the wrists, neck and behind the ears, that will be enough. Just like a slice of cake when you´re on diet, this one is the same. You can have it but in a small doses :)

UPDATE (30.sept.2012): i have tested yesterday the modern release and still it is very lovely and very special fragrance. But compared to my vintage mini modern EDP it is bit lighter, not that thick and full bodied. It is not a complaint but statement of the fact. The consistence of the perfume has changed, but the smell remains the same luckily. I would say it is for better even, since now it is even more wearable and not that heady as it used to be so i will definitly go now for a full size bottle!!! Very unique and outstanding!

Missing notes here are:

- Red current
- Blackberry
- Freesia
- Magnolia
- Iris

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

This feels a little retro to me. It has a very green opening, heavy on the violets. I did get a brief moment, as the raspberry and rose began to emerge, when I started to smell chewing gum. I became excited that this might transform into a scent I could love. But the fruits faded, and now I am left with a base of rose, violet, orris, and sandalwood. It's not bad, it just smells a bit "uptight" on my chemistry.

I feel like I used to smell this on someone, somewhere in the early '90's...

miZZpuRRfect

delicious fruity and mysterious scent in one. so bright and full of passion and also very irresistible sexy guess about the vanilla base note which one is remarquable but not to sweet in combination with the powdery warmth of sandalwood and musk.
used to wear this when i was 20+ and always got compliments for it.
i still love it but i did not rebuy as i m more mature now and have got a lot of new scents to discover... just got a miniature for my collection and i sniff on it when i wanna feel kind of nostalgic :)

weegee
weegee

Shares many notes with Nanette Lepore's Nanette Lepore, among them: white peach, rose, jasmine, amber and violet. My Fantasme is an edt but it's even more long-lasting than my edp NL, which seems to go on forever on my skin.

With NL on one wrist and Fantasme on the other I'm hard pressed to tell the difference, until the drydown.

These are both very cheerful & mood-lifting fragrances - fruity, cotton candy clouds, but NL begins and remains sweet while Fantasme quickly moves into a deep, dark velvet place with a bite of something bitter and even somewhat mysterious... mysterious like church is mysterious and comforting in a way we don't quite understand.

Fantasme is a floral vanilla with violet, jasmine and rose being most prominent to my nose for the first couple of hours during which time the incense of amber, sandalwood and cedar warm and begin to rise to the forefront, making Fantasme equally appropriate for daytime/work and evening leisure. I wouldn't call this particularly romantic, rather more warm and comforting...like mom, a sister or a good friend to whom you can tell anything and everything rather than a date or romantic partner you're trying to impress.

I do like Fastasme very, very much, so given the history of others I like, it will probably be discontinued...

Nosed by the great Pierre Bourdon

Zaleska

Yeah, friends, I just bought this one today.

I couldn't resist to its strong appeal.

Fantasme - fantasy in English. In Portuguese the word "fantasme" doesn't exist, but "fantasma" - just change "e" by "a" - means "phantom" in my language.
Well, nothing more appropriate for the occasion!

Happy HELLoween, fellows!

Zaleska

Vanilla and bubble gum, a curious mix.
A "must-have", for sure.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

I can't say that it's too sweet. It reminds me turkish rakhat-loukum, which is not too sweet.

To me fantasme smells like a vanilla cake!sweet & delicious like a mild woman in her 30s or 40s.Powdery,mature,confident and romantic without insisting in bolding herself or exaggerating.to me doesn't smell fruity at all,at least not one of those fruities that catches the attention of teenagers.it reminds me a mature lady who is warm and social and a very good housewife.it lasts for a long time,without annoying nose.

angelahta
angelahta

Very sweet. This is a must have if you like vanilla.

dioradddict
dioradddict

it reminds me something of tresor by lancome

Fantasme by Ted Lapidus 3.46 out of 5 based on 123 ratings and 29 user reviews

Ted Lapidus Fantasme Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Sample
Fantasme Sample by Ted Lapidus, .05 oz Vial sample for Women
Fantasme Sample by Ted Lapidus, .05 oz Vial sample for Women

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ted Lapidus Fantasme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Ted Lapidus Fantasme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fantasme by Ted Lapidus. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fantasme by Ted Lapidus represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.