Designers » T-Z » Oriental « Groups

Lapidus Pour Homme Ted Lapidus for men

Lapidus Pour Homme Ted Lapidus for men
dislike

honey
Lapidus Pour Homme Ted Lapidus for men Pictures Lapidus Pour Homme Ted Lapidus for men Pictures

Lapidus Pour Homme by Ted Lapidus is a Oriental fragrance for men. Lapidus Pour Homme was launched in 1987. The nose behind this fragrance is Martin Gras. Top notes are artemisia, pineapple, juniper berries, basil, bergamot, lemon and lavender; middle notes are pine tree, honey, orris root, jasmine, caraway, petitgrain, lily-of-the-valley, rose, brazilian rosewood and incense; base notes are sandalwood, tonka bean, amber, patchouli, musk, oakmoss, cedar and tobacco.

Artemisia Pineapple Juniper Berries Basil Bergamot Lemon Lavender

Pine Tree Honey Orris Root Jasmine Caraway Petitgrain Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Brazilian Rosewood Incense

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Amber Patchouli Musk Oakmoss Cedar Tobacco

Lapidus Pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

Desertmirage93
Desertmirage93

I have finally after many years figured out what this odd and beyond pleasurable masterpiece smells like, to my nose at least... water, tortilla chips, Chanel's Coco Noir from afar, a seriously nice smelling laundry soap, a 'wet' Incense accord, fabric softener from the 80's, wet Patchouli, a tobacco pipe well after it's been smoked, I swear there's Agarwood in this as there's this 'funk' in Lapidus' sillage trails that's beyond pleasurable smelling, and this particular perfume has been strongly compared to Balenciaga Pour Homme which contains real Agarwood, believe that or not but it's true, one of the first Men's scents from the 90's that's Oud based. This perfume boggles my brain. It is a masterpiece in it's development. You have to like the way that this smells to 'get it'. I'm head over heals for this mess but this is entirely subjective mind you. I'm hunting for vintage flacons of Lapidus and money is no object. The vintage flacons have an embossed logo on the front right bottom hand corner that read '85% VOL.'. Please private message me and I'll definitely make it worth your while via PayPal.

brandonR

When sprayed, It's the only scent in my arsonal that creates a three ring circus in my bedroom while I'm getting ready for work. Bring on the freaks!

no-fi
no-fi

I don't get this one. I am a fan of men's powerhouses - I count Kouros, Quorum and Antaeus among my favourites - but Lapidus is just too intense for me. It's sweet, but also dirty. It smells like someone tried to hide the scent of grease and gasoline by adding honey. Close to the nose, it is horrible. Beyond that, the scent improves, but not much. It's cringe-worthy to me.

Surprisingly, my partner really likes this on me. She walked into the room about 10 minutes after I had applied one spray to the wrist, and said it smelled nice.

I've worn this three or four times now, and it does get better. After it dries down, I have started to appreciate the honeyed sweetness. But it is still obnoxious.

I really wanted to like this but honestly, it shouldn't take so long to come around to a scent, no matter how confronting. Maybe this will grow on me years later, but right now, I don't see myself ever wearing this. Thank goodness it was so cheap.

purecaramel
purecaramel

This is something that I own. I wear it only once in a while. It is so f$%&ing brutal, tenacious and ugly in the first 8 hours, even with one spray. It's almost cartoon.
After 8 hours it has a perfume, so utterly beautiful,it takes my breath away. Blissfully Masculine. Little dabble dooya.

Carter-Blood
Carter-Blood

Caviar for the price of cod roe.
Though the formulation seems to have adjusted over time this remains high on my list of basics.
Sadly I have seen the price rising too fast on this product as more people discover it.
A little more tobacco, less lavender, more tonka, some oakmoss and a touch of violet in place of the lily and i'd be close to heaven.

Finisterle
Finisterle

First Impression: Please help I'm trapped in a bath house chlorinated by chlorine fetishists !

The drydown: You are supposed to get this weird rich carpet of honey and pineapple. And you know - when I tried this fragrance the first time in the late 80s I did get that drydown ! It's still there, kind of, but you have to be so patient with this fragrance and it smells like syntethic horror for so long during the opening.

Recommended for "brave explorers", not for hobbits who crave pretty and comfy things. And well, I'm a hobbit so....my new bottle of Lapidus pour homme is gonna land in the dumpster within a month of purchase. I don't want to smell it on myself. I don't want to smell it on a friend. I don't want to smell it ever again. Give me an asprin, cherry tea and a glass of Amaretto for goodness sake !

Fragrant Desert
Fragrant Desert

Love this guy! Old school works on me (because I am literally that old) so this is a fine complement/addition. Nothing about it is current trend. Now, I do see the scent reminder of Lord by al-rehab here. However, I can't see why there isn't also a reminder of Kouros by YSL (Lord is a reminder of both after all.) No, Lapidus Pour Homme does not smell like Kouros. NOTHING smells like Kouros (well, not in a bottle anyway.). However, this is the Only men fume where I sprayed and immediately went, "Hey!" .. Lapidus is already quieting on my skin but that similar pungency is there for sure. To me, this Could be a poor man's substitute. Nothing wrong with any of those words. It Is Bold. Kouros and Lapidus are related. Kouros is #1 by a country mile but I am happy to wear this when I want a 'dupe' to spray without care. Don't let them fool you; Shy guys keep moving. This could work on the right younger male but he has to be free of a lot of social conditioning. For a long, long time I avoided this purchase. I even forgot about it. Lesson learned. Lapidus immediately goes into heavy rotation. I say this with Civet being my favorite note by far .. and I am well aware there is no civet here. This one isn't dirty but my argument stands.

JR1911
JR1911

I get mostly pineapple with a bit of tobacco and honey out of this. Performance is good, it easily lasts 10+ hours on my skin with good sillage most of the way through. A good scent for everyday use.

lovetribe
lovetribe

is not a bomb as many would have you believe. It is a very rich in known good sweet scent where no note prevails over the other. a bit 'like a good wine (I am winemaker-sommeiller) each has different feelings from others. for example, I do not feel much honey but much pine and juniper very sharp and sweetened. little pineapple but very gently due to me from all insieme.nessuna note notes prevails over but create everything smells good for its price. It does not look like one men show gold edition and even one million. It is a perfume in itself.
excellent performance but not to the levels of one man show gold edition. 8/10

angelo..zucchinni
angelo..zucchinni

this is something you wear when u want to be noticed...its just aggressive...everyone will smell it...its a unique scent but its slighty cloying...if u take in too much of it..lol...7 of 10....unique for sure...its like a big dirty dust berry...it could make u caugh..lol...its a bold brave funky for sure..statement fragrance..like a big slap..lol

shahab.zaidi

very nostalgic, very nostalgic. Reminds my childhood .This one smells so 80s and bring me back to the same aura.

This one has the personality with the following traits.

Sincere, Faithful , reliable , loving and dedicated. period

flafo
flafo

Powerful fragrance. Strong but not concentrated.
Interesting one, with honey notes very strong. Tobacco part is not as strong (too bad).
An awful packaging.
For my part, I don't like this cologne. But as it's really inexpensive, oriental lovers may try it.

Ce parfum est effectivement puissant.
Si je ne l'aime guère, il possède des notes de miel très marquées. Sa note tabac est, quant à elle, plus restreinte.
J’espérais (naïvement) une parentée avec Tobacco Vanille de Tom Ford mais non, rien à voir.
Si vous êtes un/une inconditionnel(le) des orientaux, testez le. Il est très bon marché.

PercivalGoldstone
PercivalGoldstone

I have smelled both the current formulation and by the grace of Jesus I also got a hold of an original, splash bottle from the 80s.

Both are fucking awesome. The reputation is well deserved. This is a very alluring fragrance with a massive amount of depth that you keep sniffing and working your way through. It's hard to even describe; every time I wear it I detect something new.

If you're twisting my arm... white, hot, unsweet florals being carried in a warm summer breeze is probably the best description I can muster.

Comparing the original to current -- both are great and aside from the original performing better, you're not missing anything super significant. Both offer the same notes but, predictably, the original is the more incredible of the two. Think of it as the same song on CD vs. vinyl.

No question this is a must have.

Bushido9
Bushido9

It's different, and I feel really self conscious when I wear it. I'm sure your not going to be confused with anyone else while wearing this in a room. The question is.... Do you WANT to smell like this? Sillage like dynamite, longevity for 10 hours, but this smells like rotting fruit for the first 2-3 hours on my skin, and worse on my clothes. I am not saying I dislike this bold beast, but it's just difficult and can't imagine a perfect situation to wear TLPH. Un-refined and bold, it falls into the same category as Dior fahrenheit for me (who wants to smell like gasoline?). I'm not sure how I feel about Ted Lapidus Pour Homme after a dozen wearings.

Darius A.
Darius A.

Looking for nice, not offensive scent? Well, Ted Lapidus Pour Homme is not what you're looking for.
First time I tested it I sprayed it on my wrist. After half of an hour I put my jacket on. On the other day I was wearing this jacket and some other perfume for all day. But all I was able to smell was TLPH on my jacket, like I was wearing TLPH and nothing else. This is so strong and long lasting.
Something in drydown reminds me a bit of Zino Davidoff (patchouli?), but honey and rose there makes TLPH different. And it's much stronger than Zino. Carefull on a spray.

@ That Makes Scent

No,people are NOT propagating lies about Lapidus's nuclear-longevity (or any other claims they make!). What is to be gained by lying?? Nothing.
I can't say about other websites and forums, but members here, at Fragrantica DO NOT provide misleading information.
Fragranticans may have divergence in their opinion but NOBODY here is deliberately t liing lies!
No,sir.

My regards &
Happy-Sniffing
Sam-Singer

sam ldh

I can say with unflinching certitude that Ted-Lapidus is a masterpiece-scent, and one which has, over the years, received scant praise, way too scarce than what this masterful powerhouse merited for.
This isn't your corporate-driven, deadline-bound run-of-the-mill regular cologne which are what we see gracing the shelves in this decade, particularly
This perfume has got a distinct, affecting character and gravitas similar to some rare classic gems like Kouros, Yatagan, Brut etc.,and that is, I perceive, praise enough for a fragrance!
Although similar to Kouros in the basic intent, Ted-Lapidus is a completely varietal beast altogether.Its atypicality is evident right from the first spritz when the fruity opening is unveiled,and besides, there ain't any Civet either!

Scents like Ted-Lapidus command one's attention as there's an undercurrent of power thrumming at their core,which is why you can dislike it -but can't ignore it.Apart from this aspect, there is its prodigious sillage and nuclear-longevity, too.If you love any of the afforementioned classics, you're going to enjoy this untamed scent a lot .
I, personally, relish its refreshing initial-outburst of pineapple,bergamot and faint artemisia, following this part appear piquant rose-jasmine-carnation all dipped in golden jungle-honey and woods of creamy Sandalwood, rosewood and earthy orris-root, all these smoked gently by the incessantly smoldering incense (and even here the pineapple doesn't fade away entirely!) .
The base-amalgam is pretty much classic, standard- faint Leather, wallop of flower-power patchouli on lush oakmoss and a little ambery note- all this is further adjoined with a woody-musky accord where the musks are certainly musty and animalic and dirty (mmmm!!).
All these notes are arranged brilliantly in a well-blended and rounded composition which is masculine, magnetic and has substantial volume and considerable heft.
Indubitably recommended for all Kouros, Brut, Aramis (vintage),Yatagan & Antaeus fans. But don't let your opinion get influenced by its relatively smaller price-tag!

Gudluck &
Happy-Sniffing,
Sam-Singer

Migalex
Migalex

It may smell like a stinker at first approach, but I find it one of the most sophisticated male fragrances I can think of and an absolute joy to wear. I find it very complex and well balanced, and with a very strong character. It's staying power is unbeatable, and it is probably the strongest male fragrance I know. In the first minutes, mostly if you smell it from close on, it might even smell unpleasant and overwhelming. But that is not how perfume is supposed to be smelled, unlike soap. perfume is supposed to project and be smelled from a distance, and that from my viewpoint is the point of it and what is hard to achieve. I would give this fragrance a top mark as to all criteria. I do not know if it has been reformulated recently, but I think that people who complain about the staying power or strength did not smell the genuine product. But maybe it has been reformulated in the last two or three years, I do not know, because I bought my bottles longer ago. Wearing Lapidus really lifts my mood and makes my day and of any occasion a special one. A joy of a fragrance.

Joeri
Joeri

Lapidus, The Rock...Makes me feel sick each time it smell it on someone. Can't help it. Cheap one wich will get you noticed, that's for sure. Beware; a lot of folks seem to like it, but it will definitely kick others in the stomach. A try before you buy.

Sorush
Sorush

Hello
very nice and warm and delicious.
it's unique and you can see rare men wear it so you can stand out very easily. it is like Iquitos by Alain Delon and I can smell Hamfry Bogart in Casablanca Dancing with Ingrid Bergman.
Good luck

Rod1969
Rod1969

I must have fluked an older bottle. I have no longevity or silage issues. Purchased 2013.

On me, this stuff smoulders away for hours from just one spurt to the chest from an outstretched arm, more of a mist than a direct hit.

Smokey pineapple and tobacco with just the right amount of sweetness rose and maybe tonka bean. Its sweet but never sickly.

$30 for 100ml its outstanding bang for buck. I love these heavy hitters.

master81
master81

@ STROMBOLI and BULOUBOULOU
You people for sure buying the fake ted lapidus, I bought a bottle from a local perfume shop, and boy oh boy this juice lasts on me more than 12 hours.
I had this perfume in my collection since 1995 I was 15 years of age, I used to work on weekends just to buy ted lapidus, joop, cool water, and passion for men.Its a complement getter.

heckoez
heckoez

wah, ini parfum termasuk 'kelas berat'. 'berat' dalam kepekatan aroma tembakau, 'berat' awetnya, 'berat'juga daya pancarnya. anda mungkin bisa mengganggu orang di sekitar anda ketika memakainya terlalu banyak. terutama mereka yang tak suka bau rokok...anyway, it's a great perfume! gunakan di malam hari yang dingin, lebih cocok. jika menyukai aroma tembakau yang lebih 'sopan', cobalah Black Soul...

DSun
DSun

The vintage is a true 80's classic and the reformulation (read: flanker) is still pretty decent. Lapidus' current perfumers must have had a hell of a time trying to find ways and means to salvage this one without sandalwood. Read the reviews by shamus and bigsly below. The both of them pretty much cover everything.

RobbieX

This is simply gorgeous, honey, spices, potent, fabulous projection and a classic.

the_badger
the_badger

Why so many dislikes? All I see is people waxing poetic over this EDT in the comment section.

ivanreiss
ivanreiss

Not all noses are able to like it. It must be cold, and you have to spray it just once (not more than twice), otherwise nobody will stand being next to you.

Anyway, this is one of the most powerful scents I've ever had. It reminds me of my teenage years (late 90s). My brother used to have it and I would always find a way to wear it, far from his nose. It is the scent of my crazy childish passions under the rain. Actually, i learned to love it. I'm still learning.

Strong, Sweet, magnificient. MASTERPIECE

Stromboli
Stromboli

Don't get fooled by the new version! The initial blast will make you think your good old powerhouse's back, but it's NOT.I suppose some vital natural elements have been removed ( oakmoss for sure ) so that the new formulation is , once again, a shadow of its predecessor.
When first sprayed, TLPH seems to be the same ( I mean the scent with initial Basil ) , but this lasts let's say 45 mins. Afterwoods, the projection becomes that of a synthetic eau de toilette, i.e not better, not worse than many on the markets.
I used the vintage one for a long time and can assert it no longer is the same. Those who say the contrary are absolute liars, or trying to admit the cruel reality.
Sad but true :C

shahab.zaidi

let me tell you the classic power house colognes like this are alleged to be an iconic. I have checked this bomb on stores couple of times and i really in love with this. Way far better than today's generic, kiddish and boring colognes. This is very strong, long lasting and brave even more than kouros. Will definitely buy it. Old is Gold

manos1965
manos1965

The NUCLEAR BOMB of my collection.
This is even stronger than Kouros.
Only for the braves.

sly_92
sly_92

This perfume is very powerful, must think before buying hhhhhhhhh

Let's not be too harsh on the reformulation folks. It works well as a room spray, if you don't like it as a "personal fragrance."

vonMises

This fragrance just put an end to my "bargain" fragrance purchases. This is the second Lapidus I've tried (the first being TL Pour Lui, which was okay but just not for me).

It is understandable that some people would like this Lapidus Pour Homme original, but there is something in this that is similar to One Man Show Gold, and both just turn my stomach a bit. It is one of the "woody spicy" notes that just hit me the wrong way every time. There is almost enough rose in Lapidus Pour Homme to almost overcome this distaste for me, but not quite.

This is one of the very few that is has gone in my trash can because it is so inexpensively available that it is not worth the trip to mail it to someone. I can't keep it around. It is just too laborious to like. I neither want to smell this nor smell like this. It seems the scent is a successful creation of the maker, in that I can imagine someone wanted this fragrance to be like this, and many people seem to enjoy it immensely. Therefore, I just put it in the category of fragrances for someone else.

vonMises

I really began to enjoy this once I recognized the primary, central note, to my nose is rose, not honey. The rose is supported by incense and honey, with patchouli and rosewood. The base is similar to Zino, but the top is sharper and longer lasting in the LPH. Sprayed lightly, this is an interesting and pleasant fragrance!

ChrisInBrooklyn
ChrisInBrooklyn

Update: I just wore this on my birthday a few days ago on a cool (but not cold) winter night. It was fantastic: spicy, sweet and sexy. What's more, the longevity was really very good toning down to a skin scent about 6 hours later. Magnifique!

In the 80's when I was 13 or so, I began collecting fragrance mini's. Of the hundred or so I collected from that time, one of the most memorable was Lapidus Pour Homme. And I'm pleasantly surprised that the 1 oz spray I just bought, smells *exactly* like what I remember...

The bottle and the juice inside are *not* to be taken lightly (sprayed lightly, yes). This is serious stuff! It exudes strength... in the 80's big shoulder pad way, when it was the cultural norm to project your power, money and individuality...loudly. Lapidus represents all three and may very well be the king of all 80's men's powerhouse scents.

If you can get past the initial slap of the opening, you are rewarded with a spicy and sweet symphony of unique, well-balanced ingredients designed for the strong individualist gentleman of the world... I find it utterly unique and quite unlike anything else out there in the world of fragrances.

skycrape
skycrape

I just enjoyed Lapidus Pour Homme when drydown,it smells like honey and tobacco which give old school smell. Very Strong and long lasting.

Scent: 8/10 (Sweet tobacco very masculine)
Projection: 8/10 (Almost beast but acceptable)
Longevity: 9.5/10 (Day: 6-8 Hours) (Night: 12-20 Hours)
Price: 9.5 (Very cheap for expensive juice)

theabsolutist
theabsolutist

A dirty, dank and dark blast of honey, tobacco, pine, floral and ambery sweet citrus, this is very much in line with its time of creation and the general overkill of notes that flood into one massive linear chemical spill, but despite that, Lapidus Pour Homme remains fascinating if you have the stomach for it. It has a lot of the old school elements guys today don't like. Wet oakmoss, a leathery synthetic presence (not in the pyramid but trust me, it's there), dirty tobacco and heavy synthetic honey.. Thing is, this works. This is a very nicely balanced composition and there's a reason this fragrance put Ted Lapidus and his brand on the fragrance map after its release. Look past the linear nature of this, after a rather synthetic blast of chemicals on top, this relaxes into a very warm, mysterious and strong shot of honey, pipe tobacco, florals and wet mossy leather. It's soaked in its influences, the 1970's, but has a real subdued character you won't find in a lot of its contemporary orientals like Bijan Men.
This stuff is also dirt cheap now. A simple 1 oz. can be found online and about town for under $10. Given the potency of this, that's really all you will need for the next 10 years of your life. 1-2 sprays will suffice. Longevity and sillage used to be off the charts, but the reformulation over the past two years has significantly reduced its potency and made it far more office friendly and subtle. Just be aware of that. Linear throughout once you get the huge honey, leathery, tobacco, incense and floral composition along with the wet woods and hundreds of other notes slamming into one another. For more mature noses, will not be to the liking of most guys raised on Cool Water, Le Male or Hugo by Hugo Boss. This one is dirty and sweet in a very classical 70's way.

Longevity: 9/10 (reformulation 7.5/10)
Sillage: 8.75/10 (reformulation 7/10)
Creativity: 7/10
Value: 9.5/10
Versatility: 4/10 (reformulation 6/10) winter & cold weather days or nights, early spring nights. Reformulation can work in the office with 1-2 sprays, far more subtle than vintage bottle.

cytherian
cytherian

UPDATE:
It's time to revisit my original review, written nearly a year ago when I didn't know my nose from my elbow. ;-)

I can recognize why I wrote what I did, but even still when I read what came after I can see how others did a superior job of illustrating the TLPH experience. dubairob and Poboijosh summed it up rather well.

I honestly can't understand why this fragrance would be languishing at a meager 3.4 rating. My opinion is that many people did not give this fragrance a chance. The initial blast is overwhelming to a degree. It's highly pungent with pineapple, honey, tobacco and incense in your face. And it can scare people off, without a doubt! You have to give it time and let it dry down. The edge does mellow out and become more of a balmy citrus and tobacco focused fragrance with a good dollop of honey instead of woody (which is subdued). And it's not really sweet--that fades off and gives more of a drier character. TLPH has a complex formulation but hides it fairly well.

In my experience, longevity does not seem to be as good as reported on the previous formulation--I found that it faded to a skin scent after about 4~5 hours. The rating above shows killer sillage, but that must be referring to the older version. Still... the initial hours are potent.

There is a quality about this, something in the blended notes, that reminds me a little of Acqua di Parma Essenza (which I have). And after looking at the notes they have in common, I see why: bergamot, lemon, jasmine, caraway, petitgrain, lily-of-the-valley, rose, amber, patchouli, and musk. The wood notes in Lapidus Pour Homme don't come out very strongly for me. But the lavender, oakmoss and tonka bean are probably what differentiate it a bit more. Close enough! I could see pairing the two of these.

I've not had the pleasure of sampling the vintage version, but for the price you cannot go wrong with the modern incarnation. Honestly, the composition of this fragrance can almost compete with the likes of Chanel Pour Monsieur or Estee Lauder Pour Homme. Definitely worth a blind buy at less than $20 shipped! 9.1/10 for fragrance, 9.9/10 for value.

p.s. a year later and it's still selling for under $20 shipped via some eBay sellers. I really wonder how much inventory was created. Could this be a fragrance that will eventually become scarce and command notably higher prices? Hmmmm....

EddyC
EddyC

my dad used to wear this, the strongest perfume i have ever smelled, even stronger than Kouros, makes me feel sick

IngSoc274
IngSoc274

Begins with a pleasant undefinable scent somewhat like Kouros for two hours, then turns almost entirely into pineapple.

Projection and longevity are decent, but nothing like what's being reported by other reviewers. Available online for under $20.00

Sacredsystem
Sacredsystem

The Powerhouse Trinity = Lapidus Pour Homme, Balenciaga Pour Homme and Kouros. Take some patchouli, honey, incense, rose petals, woody notes, musk, tobacco and a few other goodies and put in a blender for a few minutes. Get a ripe pineapple and carve accordingly. Pour blended mixture over pineapple and what you get is the seductive, sweetly aggressive and confident masterpiece called Lapidus Pour Homme. Recipe available upon request.............

Matamare
Matamare

It's a beauty!!!!

Aamir Ahmed
Aamir Ahmed

What a good juice.........its cheap.....performance is beast mode n it is a COMPLIMENT getter...i got many compliments the very first time i wore it....i love it.....reviewers werent lying....

jcba69
jcba69

I am not an expert and I am not able to define notes for any perfume... I bought this Ted Lapidus last week and I love it. I find it a winter perfume. Like the projection and longevity... You should be bold to wear this perfume

Icarus Landing
Icarus Landing

I bought this fragrance along with a Jacques Bogart PH fragrance for a pretty good price at Morleys in Brixton, South London. The sales assistant said these two fragrances are hbeen reduced in price and are quite nice so if you have the money why don't you buy them.
I had the money but was not really a fragrances dude and I decided that I would test them first, so I sprayed them both one on each arm and decided to go home.
Oh my god, well when what I now know is called "the drydown" occurred it was too late for me to go buy both of these juices.
The next day I was back at Morleys in Brixton, South London, UK, to get both of them.
It's grand to hear what others think of this juice because very soon I will be on my third bottle.
It's the 'dog's bollocks' of a scent. (Quick translation for non UK readers = It's very good, actually, It's damn Good.)

VJG
VJG

Happened to find this in my dad's cupboard last month
Guess it is there for more than 6 to 7 years now..

About the Fragrance

Very strong..Honey and incense together rules the show..

Nice , spicy and rare..

Projection: Explosive.

Couple of sprays ..Its a monster on the loose.. 8 to 10 feet at least! No Kidding

Behavior:Tends to become warm at times and cloying if not used carefully..Not for very hot days...

Longevity: Days ! Cant complain!!

Compliments: Yes (But more like a comment) i.e "Ah strong scent"

Overall a good fragrance and worth the price...

Bbjr
Bbjr

This is a powerhouse for sure. If sprayed full on it's overpowering, if you mist it on it's fantastic! Sort of a masculine floral with a hint of kouros, a tad animalic. I get something close to a pineapple smell but not quite literally. The original version is a top notch scent if applied properly and it lasts for a day or more. Just great stuff.

FlirtBoy
FlirtBoy

I don´t think this in fact contains pineapple - at least a fragrance pyramid on my tester doesn´t list it at all...in my opinion the whole pineapple-effect is the result of nose-kicking lavender-sandalwood combo, anyway if you don´t overspray this stuff can be very smooth and it lasts for hours...one of the 80s masterpieces

edit: I love how its lavender is prominent in colder weather

adyyy7
adyyy7

Strong but not too strong.Elegant and a bit sporty in the same time.Suitable for all ages.Good price.One more reason to be a Lapidus fan.

ma2afify
ma2afify

It is a game changer, Beast in a bottle, and the best example of a powerhouse. It never goes out of my wardrobe.

S24995
S24995

I agree that the scent itself actually isn't one of my faves, but I like the fact that it is unique & a good change of pace if you're in the mood to switch it up a bit from the more popular designer bottles. I'd be surprised if anyone under 25, or probably 30, would want to smell like this, but if you're a bit older & past your ADG days, you might want to dabble in some of the 80s powerhouses & this one definitely fits the bill. In other words, easy. on. the. trigger. Overall, it's about a 7/10 for me & probably not something I would replace if I ever use up all the juice.

brandonR

Lapidus means "made of stone" in Latin, hence the dark gray marketing of the product and packaging. But what really makes this scent stand out over the rest is the power vs. price paradox that we the consumer have been blessed to experience from Ted Lapidus. There is no other fragrance that I know of that packs the olfactory punch that Lapidus PH offers at it's price point. But let's go one step further and set price point aside to say this...There is no other scent on the market that packs the olfactory punch that Lapidus PH offers...PERIOD.

I think for most of us, the main appeal of Lapidus PH is that it's a masculine H bomb. Does it smell good? Yes. Is it the best smelling men's fragrance of all time? Doubtful. Are people going to notice you when wearing this one? Hell yes! Let me shoot straight here. I would not even bother with Lapidus PH if it only had moderate projection and sillage because there would be better smelling scents out there with the same projection and sillage as this one. The draw for me is the epic "Conan The Barbarian" experience in which Lapidus PH offers that keeps it on my favorites shelf. Take that away, and you take the art of Lapidus PH away, thus becoming just another men's scent lost in the shuffle. Ted Lapidus house, are you taking note?

alimuanis
alimuanis

APOLOGIZE :)

unbelievable, yesterday i review this fragrance you will see it below because i will not delete it .
i can't wait until winter so today i give it chance and spray 2 not like yesterday 4 because it's so strong scent and i'm sure in winter it's will be so good ,and i think i like it really i change my mind it's good fragrance manly and sweet,honey a lot of honey i mean really it's good so i apologize to ted lapidus and all his fan and all fragrance lovers :)
one spray or 2 it's enough no more. you have been warned!!

OLD REVIEW

Hello grandpa !!!!!
what is this fragrance !!! i buy it by reviews for this fragrance and they said it's so good i saw the good price for it and i remember the descriptions from reviews, i decided to buy it .
the opening is so harsh , so masculine . so old school if you red the review you will see most of them if they not all of them they said it's WaW , a i'm so sad i don't like it at all, i don't like the scent it's annoying give me headache.
the smell like basement .
with all do respect to all who love it and wear it , i sprayed 4 on my chest and i stop on the first spray i hate it already from the first spray.
a i'm sure if i walked with this fragrance with young guys first word i will hear from them they will say hello grandpa !!!!! I think all who said it’s WaW ,maybe they born in 1950 that’s why they love it so much .
because it's really smells like grandpa , this frag not for young it's for +40 maybe more than that .
I will keep it until winter maybe I will like it , and if I don't like it even in winter in cold weather then I will gave it to someone he like it .
this is the 4 fourth time I buy fragrance by reviews and all four fragrance was not like to me and I gave the 3 fragrance before to others who like it . this I will give him chance until winter .
My opinion is :-
Occasions : i don't know what occasions made for.
Season: winter
Compliments 5/10
Bottle design 4/10

joezilla
joezilla

Initial reaction is something between Kouros and Zino. in the opening it smells like Zino, and it's not my favorite part. In the drydown somewhat like the old king Kouros. It has the mystery of incense and warmness of honey, but it lacks the rebelliousness of leather and sin of natural civet, so it's not exactly Kouros(the old Kouros, not the current sacrilegious reformulation). Then there's the romantic tobacco and something very cold and clean that is indeed reminiscent of a polished dark marble. Does marble have a scent? I don't think so, but if you've ever been in a large marble covered hall, you'll get the picture. Maybe it's best to view it as a fragrance on it's own, because that's what it really is, an epic journey and a masterpiece. Rays of light and warmness in a cold environment come to mind upon smelling this. Whether it's a Gothic church or a big corporate building, it's up to you to decide.
Regarding the projection and longevity, don't expect wonders as some of the reviewers have suggested. It does project on afterburners for the first half an hour, but then it calms down, before finally setting into a skin scent. It remains detectable for quite a while and even more than that in cold weather. Cold weather is when this fragrance shows it's true nature. Considering the price and the pleasure it delivers, it's hard to go wrong. One of the best in my collection.

Fogwalker
Fogwalker

I recently bought a handful of small phials of this fragrance, based partly from the reviews on here and to satisfy my curiousity of its 'Powerhouse' status.
I'm glad that I did.

I was expecting to be whisked back to the '80s and prepared myself to be overwhelmed by harsh memories of walking into rowdy, weekend town-pubs, rammed with groups of brash, drunken, trendy 'casual' lads. Lads smelling of cheap aftershave; rowdily leering at the local women in hope of finding a one-night-stand instead of having to succumb to a midnight street brawl.

Fortunately the aforementioned description didn't materialise.

I was instantly hit with a strong, masculine, warm scent that clung to my skin like its life depended on it. I felt comfortable and confident that it wasn't going to let me down and it didn't.

I definitely get honey / beeswax and incense. I also get a slight hint of sticky pineapple with a faint breath of fresh, mild, exhaled tobacco.
For me, there's a also distinct element of Kouros lurking in the bass notes in this, but it's darker and waxy and doesn't need to be upfront. Its subtlety is its power.

The projection isn't massive on me, nor is it the sillage monster that I expected but saying that, it doesn't matter. It has just the right balance and doesn't become overpowering.

Lapidus is long lasting and its drydown is equally as warm (but smoother) as its initial smear.

It's definitely a new [old] favourite for me and makes me feel quite cocky and confident, knowing that although many people have worn it before me, I now own this wonderful fragrance and it also owns me (for now).

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

This is a beautifully made, high quality, spicy, sexy, masculine, oriental scent from the eighties. Oozing with honey, exotic tobacco, fruits, florals and sweet spice, it is glamorous, chic, sensual and despite the modest price tag, it smells very expensive. Reminiscent of more classy and sophisticated days... Apparently, if you flew business class with Cathay Pacific in the nineties, you would find a 30ml bottle of this in your complimentary wash bag. That's basically what it reminds me of, 80s/90s, the glamour of transatlantic travel, Rolex, champagne, a few sprays of this on your chest and a chic lady on your arm. Enough said.

Anyway, back to the present time, I was checking out some stock at a small perfume shop in New York yesterday when I saw this being sold at a bargain price. Tested it and Wow! This smells very similar to M. Micallef SPICY for HIM, a gorgeous contemporary niche scent which I have 50ml of; it is a rare and expensive scent that I wear on special occasions. As a regular alternative I will be wearing this though... Amazing value for money, it's going for free! I bought 100ml of the vintage and 100ml of the reformulated version... Both are lovely... Very happy as it suits my tastes very well and my wife goes wild for this sweet, clean, spicy scent... A beautiful BOLD classic powerhouse. Masterpiece.

Robert G. Rodríguez
Robert G. Rodríguez

Kind of strong spicy boom of fruit and flowers blended with wood and patchulli. It's just too strong for me.
Still it seems a classic fragance from the last century!

MrJones
MrJones

To my nose this is not a dated fragrance. (I'm 28). I did get that initial blast of a powerful '80s' scent, but literally 10 seconds later I smelled again and I couldn't believe it... it smells VERY similar to Caron L'anarchiste! A very smooth scent, but I detect no pineapple, something that I was very much looking forward to having read the note breakdown. If the pineapple note was far more prominent I believe this would be an amazing fragrance. As it stands, it's a great scent and certainly ahead of it's time. I wouldn't write this one off even for someone in their early-mid twenties. Doesn't smell cheap either, not bad!

metalmickey
metalmickey

Just received my TL pour homme...bought it just by the reviews...one spray on the skin it brought me such memories of my younger days ( I am 30 now) amazing classy dry down...so elegant...though the initial notes were a bit too hard....still confused from how I recognise the smell!..,even the bottle seems familiar!....

MonsieurK
MonsieurK

A great old school powerhouse that was ahead of its time. Very wearable today and I'm sure this will be around for a long time to come.

Don't be fooled by the discount prices. It's well structured and delivers a lot of satisfaction.

I personally find it slightly on the lines of Kouros but without any hint of civet (or that 'fecal' note some describe), marginally sweeter and a little spiced. I'm finding the pine note slightly more pronounced and was wanting more of the honey and pineapple note. Solid all the same.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Lapidus makes good inexpensive scents most of the time. I have never smelled anything like this. A must have for the powerhouse lovers but not me. So many notes that don't do justice. I won't say it's an old man frag but not for me. I won't complain that much but all I get is a strong celery vibe. A dirt cheap blind buy as most Lapidus are priced great and the few I have tried lasts all day with this being no exception.

ses101
ses101

This is one mixed up fragrance! If you want your nose to be entertained as a wide collection of different (mostly oldschool) notes hit your nostrils over a long period of hours, then this might interest you.

I'd describe it as a strong retro fragrance. Not really for me as I prefer fresher scents, but every fragrance collector should have one bold powerhouse like this in their collection for when they are feeling like a confident action hero.

jeffersonfaudan
jeffersonfaudan

i got this in the mail today... and as soon as i sprayed it, i just loved it... i know this smell... it is familiar... beautiful........starts citrus and a bit of honey and dry down are like autumn leaves and flowers... i dunno what's "dated" to you but it doesn't smell dated to me... or could be my tastes prefer a collaboration of oils now more than wanting to have those fruity scents...

buraktemiz93
buraktemiz93

Most people buy this as a blind buyer. That is why I will start with similarity. If you tried or smelled these colognes before, it is very similar; CK Obsession, Paco Rabanne Pour homme, Aramis , Polo Green. For me, Tel lapidus pour homme is really similar to these guys and if you smelled these, you will understand me because these colognes are all remind each other.

However, ted lapidus pour homme has better quality in my eyes. It has richer notes. Only difference would be that Ted Lapidus has more honey note than other similar colognes. For longevity as you know those 4 similar items have good longevity but lapidus is a beast. Lapidus will least you more than 15 hours with 3 sprays.

I am telling you that, if you like CK Obsession or If you like Polo green, Do not spent too much for them, Go with lapidus pour homme, Better quality, better longevity, better sillage.

[email protected]
tyrip19562000@yahoo.com

Simply put,A TRUE "MASTERPIECE",DEFINETLY a most UNIQUE scent,if your looking for a cologne that's POWERFUL,LAST ALL DAY,GREAT SILLAGE,don't let the very low price tag fool you,it is SUPERB and wearable in any weather.Ted Lapidus is BRILLIANT.

RobbieX

Take my word for it. If you like a smooth, sweet, spicy and long-lasting fragrance that is totally masculine and at a good price.....then this beauty is for you. In my opinion, it's a absolute, classic - I mean it. BUT!! people seem to love or hate it......obviously I love it. A masterpiece!

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

i recently blind bought this and it left me astounded ,how can a cheap mainstream frag smell so good like this ? this a masculine powerbomb with great longevity on skin and good sillage even in cold weather ,that's all i need in a perfume ,this cocoction is rich ,warm ,elegant and glamorous as an 80's star that still shine like a diamond .

dubairob
dubairob

What a curious beast this is.....

From the outset Lapidus Pour Homme presents itself as an enormously complex fragrance - and it can be difficult to tell what is going on all the time. The pineapple that is evident in the top notes is surrounded by incense that reeks through from the heart. Personally this reminds me of Creed Aventus and the famous 'smoky pineapple' that fragrance presents. From here more tobacco and honey start making their presence felt and give a lovely sweetened oriental feel to the fragrance. This continues on through the life of the fragrance with more woody, balsamic and even rose elements coming out to play.

What strikes me about this fragrance is that the presentation and cost of this are such that they will probably undermine its credibility in the market, and that the vast majority of even fairly astute buyers will steer clear. What a shame that is, because here is a fragrance that to my mind is well outside its time and deserves some serious recognition. In particular, the use of incense was very novel in 1987 and the idea of combining this with pineapple and tobacco, etc. was enormously innovative. But it is not just the innovative nature of the fragrance that needs recognition. This is first and foremost a really good fragrance with superb projection and longevity and some niche like qualities to boot.

Highly recommended for all to try, and for those who love incense-based fragrances with a novel twist - definitely buy.

Na0
Na0

Bleeehh... How a perfume could have that complexity... And smells so rubish and disgustingly simple ?

masterfear
masterfear

I really like this perfume, balsamic and manly fragrance preferably to wear at night (cool and windy freak out). Though the reformulation is less sweet and less aggressive but the lasting is more or less the same. On a personal opinion, i prefer the older version...

Macjaffa
Macjaffa

Hello everybody, I'm new here and I read many reviews about Ted Lapidus Pour Homme.
It is one of the very long lasting perfumes I have used and comparing to Kouros and L'Instant De Guerlain it is very cheap.
I agree to Jivanshi's review about the reformulation of the scent because I have two bottles of TL, the vintage one and the new one I bought recently from Ebay.
The difference is that the vintage is a bit harder comparing to the new one but both of them lasted more than 7 hours.
I think that nowadays, people don't know the difference between summer, spring and winter fragrances either for men or women.
For instance if you have a spring perfume like Ted Lapidus Pour Homme, you should wear it on clothes but not on skins because skin is warmer depends on your body temperature, it doesn't have neutral temperature like clothes. So, I advice you to use it in spring season so that it can be lasted for hours.
I hope you never mind it is just an advice.
Thank you.

ClutchC
ClutchC

Blind bought this. Wore it once. I put it on the the morning, when I went to bed it was still going strong. I had to get up and scrub it off. Sold it on E*ay for a small loss the next day. I guess I'm not man enough for this. The only other fragrance that overwhelmed me like that is Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men -- I sold that one after wearing it once too. (For reference, I do wear Azzaro PH and green Polo with no problem at all.)

fazalcheema
fazalcheema

the vintage version definitely has civet though its not listed here

fagner.fcds
fagner.fcds

PRA MIM LAPIDUS, COMBINA COM PESSOAS MAIS VIVIDAS TIPO 40 ANOS DE IDADE, NUMA TARDE QUASE NOITE CAI BEM USA-LO POIS ELE TEM UM CHEIRO PESADO QUE ME LEMBRA TALCO, ELE EXALA FORTEMENTE EM MINHA PELE DURA UMAS 5HRS, MINHA NOTA FINAL SERIA 6.5

brandonR

Lapidus PH is the only fragrance that I know of that is a worthy contender in challenging Kouros at it's own game. And honestly as far as price value and quality is concerned, I don't think you can find a better deal online, especially if you like 80's powerhouses like me.

Lapidus PH is a slightly less animalic, but pile on the green and sweet version of the YSL king that we all know and love. Yes it smells a little more synthetic due to budget restraints, but the overall composition has a charm and uniqueness all it's own considering it's comparison to Kouros so often.

Lapidus' opening is my favorite part of the whole ride. It's my own personal catnip that includes notes of synthetic pine, rose and incense with a bit of pinnaple hiding out in a cloud of pipe tobacco smoke. I love it! It's like walking through a pine forrest with bee hives hiding through the needle brush. Lapidus Pour Homme doesn't want you to think he is as dirty as his cousin Kouros. There is a clean fabric detergent note very noticible at the begining that's really intreaguing to me. Deep, dark and heavy, but linen clean too (sounds odd but it works). Be forwarned though, the drydown is all about powdery honey taking charge on top of a bed of patchouli; whereas Kouros' main game closer is the patchouli note overcasting the honey background.

Patchouli is hit and miss for me. It can sometimes come off a little "hippyish" on my skin, especially if oversprayed. Lapidus and Kouros are both no different, so watch that sprayer! All in all, I give Kouros the better composition award, but LPH makes things damn near a photo finish. Personally, I don't blame guys for putting this one back in the box after smelling it for the first time. There's a lot of notes inside that grey bottle that can trick you into thinking you're smelling something that's not there. Just keep coming back for Lapidus and this one will win you over for sure. A tried and true masterpiece that must be in my collection forever!

taimoorirfan
taimoorirfan

Be forewarned this is very strong perfume unline others 2 sprays of this is more than enough.... dont blindly buy this... i actually liked the heavy musky smell so went for it... but a lot of people whom i pass by dont really like it... this is quite a mature perfume so i dont think teenagers n early 20s should give this a try...massive sillage to the extent u wont be able to smell anything else for an hour or 2...very high longetivity also... the smell is very musky & spicy... try before buying ull either be crying or be impresse.....i heard the new version is re-formulated i ordered mine as of 23/9/13 from fragrancex still the same longetivity n smell....

CapoKipfilet
CapoKipfilet

I personally think this is a horrible fragrance.
I sprayed this on for the first time (2 sprays) when going to a party. I wasn't to pleased about it but I hoped others would like it...
When I arrived at the party some of the guys I hang out whith asked me what the hell I was wearing.... and not in the good way.

Scent 3/10: you absolutely hate it, or you love it.. Never blind-buy this one. I personally hate the scent of this fregrance. I think it's something only my 85-yo grandpa should wear (i'm 19 btw).....and it still wouldn't be that good then. To me it smells like i'm walking into a 1950's female perfume store.

Longetivity 10/10: Day 'n' night

Sillage 11/10: you fill an entire room with this fregrance after one spray. This would be good if it was a good fregrance, I personally hate it.

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

I bought TED LAPIDUS BLACK EXTREME the other day and absolutely loved it, and so, based on the rave reviews of this TED LAPIDUS PH here, I blind bought it on the hype alone.

This is great. I get what everyone is talking about. This is a masterpiece.

It has the unique LAPIDUS signature at it's heart, while exuding a smooth and refined classic emperial freshness. I also get the reference to KOUROS that some mentioned in terms of the old-school 'power-house' undertone. I was worried this one would share the same 'honey' main note of BODY KOUROS which smells oily and gag-inducing to me... but thankfully it's completely different in this fragrance :)

This scent is so 'present', but without the loudness of KOUROS... Probably because there's no 'civet' note over-powering the scent. It's smooth, nature sweet (not candy sweet), spicey, aromatic, and one of the BEST classic smell around. TED LAPIDUS PH simply stands on it's own, confidently and self-assured... like a 10-foot giant.

I have now placed the LAPIDUS house (so far) at the very top of my value-for-money (quality) pyramid.

This fragrance is excellent. If you like a classic/smooth powerhouse that last ALL day, then get this.

---------------------------------------------
SILLAGE: great
LONGEVITY: excellent
SCENT: excellent
BOTTLE: strange (reminds me of a HR. Gieger design)
VALUE FOR MONEY: great.

OVERALL: 9/10
---------------------------------------------

ahmadmohee
ahmadmohee

classic, warm, long lasting, suitable for day and night use. I grew up on this smell, it was the biggest hit on the perfume market in the late 80's early 90's.

KoceFF
KoceFF

3 questions.

1.Is the reformulated one any good,i mean the silage and longevity.
2.If I order this online, am i going get the reformulated one.
3.Can I get the old one somewhere?

tnx.

ReHan
ReHan

honey blast,
only for winters,
the signature scent of the college time,
costly for its juice and for 50 DHS.
i neither like it,nor hate it,i am just waiting for the winters to come,i may edit my note...

milk
milk

The smell of a mythical and wealthy man.Dark,gothic,deep,mysterious and powerful with massive longevity and sillage.I picture a man who lives in an ancient castle when enveloped by the incense and rose of this composition.

For me the visuals that capture the spirit of Lapidus pour homme is Meat Loaf's I'd do anything for love music video.It's smell is so theatrical,gothic and romantic at the same time.This is a fantastic scent.

jivanshi
jivanshi

REFORMULATION
Another classic with its balls cut off. Very nice top, nuclear start, it dies down after 30 minutes to one hour tops and projects maybe an inch or two. After about max two hours it sticks only at skin level, and it lingers on pathetically. Nice scent, but much too strong at the start, must hide out for first half an hour, and after that it drops from infinite to zero in no time at all. Not wearable among civilised people in these conditions. Exactly as in Georgio reformulation, even if I have never tested the originals, it seems to me that something is missing, some key elements from the base that must have sustained also its heart over time. For Georgio this is not so obvious, but Lapidus, it smells really nice, but somehow it seems unfinished, even the top is too smooth, like it could use something a little bit harsh. It's summer now and I don't have the guts for this, but I'm gathering courage and when the cold weather comes I will try to layer it with Grey Flannel. What the heck, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Pherrit
Pherrit

This is/was my all time favourite cologne. I first smelled it on someone when I was 17 and followed them around a store (discretely, like an enchated fool). A friend was wearing it one day and once again I was sucked in to it's intoxicating spell. I have had many bottles over the years. Sadly, I can no longer purchase it here in New Zealand, but I do get it in Australia when I visit or have friends going over. Recently I bought a botttle on line. Sad to say the formulation has changed dramatically the last 3 bottles I have bought. It no longer has the power to fill a room or the longevity of 8hours or more like the original. The deep and clinging heart notes are gone. I would have classed this scent as an Eau de Parfum, that was the power of it! Sadly it is now a fresh smelling Eau de Cologne. All the musky, leathery, tobacco are completely missing. The haute couture house of Ted Lapidus has been closed for many years now, but this perfume is still in production. I don't understand why they would re-formulate a scent that only a regular purchaser would continue to buy? R.I.P Lapidus Pour Homme.. You are missed. Thankfully I still have Antaeus to fall back on.

tarr
tarr

The first notes you get when spray it is what I describe as "balmy", not "woody". It reminded me with Avon mesmerize. Then you start smelling the "honey" and "sweet" thing in the background. It is masculine. Not something fancy, I enjoy it at my relaxing time at the end of the day.

Sattogoesdeep
Sattogoesdeep

I just bought a 100ml EDT of this juice and I'm a bit disappointed, on my skin it has a moderate longevity and sillage. Perhaps it has been reformulated like all the good frags lately. My signature parfume is Kouros, I like and own Antaeus, Quorum, Ghivency Gentleman, Lagerfeld Classiv, Yatagan, etc.- BUT I don't like Lapidus pour homme that much. It doesn't have that weird... 80's powerhouse "something" I was expecting.

fuggerone
fuggerone

talkin of the 1978 version an original take on Pino Silvestre, coniferous and huge and sexy if you find a very rare bottle as I did buy this scent is a must..1978 version not listed here!

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Pipe tobacco, and sweet pipe tobacco at that. It reminds me a lot of the bottle of Bogart Pour Homme I bought earlier this week. So much so that I see no need to buy this!

omar.melmo
omar.melmo

A dark and fizzy perfume. A paradoxal scent, gloomy and colorful at the same time. Strong, romantic, full of mystery and definitely a mirror of his era. The scent is a perfect way for the young crowd to smell the late eighties. Fits perfectly for a walk in a cloudy day, with the music of The Cure, Cocteau Twins or Depeche Mode in your earbuds. Longevity and sillage are still unbeaten. To fully enjoy do not over apply. "Powerhouse" is a shy word to describe Lapidus pour homme.

ThatMakesScents

I need to do an update on this. Disregard what you read down below.

Having felt let down by niche brands lately I decided to re purchase a few cheapies to give them another go.

TLPH originally did nothing for me. However I take that back. It smells rather decent for a drugstore frag.

The problem is the Longevity and Batch variations. I recently purchased two different bottles from two different known vendors...both different and both lasting only for 1 hr on clothes and or skin.

That's the end of my review.

THIS DOES NOT HAVE NUCLEAR LASTING POWER ON CLOTHES OR SKIN.

I hope this helps someone to not waste money on foolish recommendations like I did.

hadrian
hadrian

I just cannot imagine the very existence of a perfumes lover (not to mention a collector) who does not appreciate this gem! TL’s LpH is a truly classic!
It’s about pineapple on top, honey and patchouli for the rest of your day. The 80s gave us good rock music, a happy end in the Cold War and... this, among others, very precious juice – nowadays at a ridiculous price!
Enjoy with no efforts on the trigger: three shots - neck/left side, chest and wrist - will certainly signal your presence everywhere. (And SHE will smile at you!)
A must have & must try. Overall, a genuine & deserved 8,5/10

haborym26
haborym26

dark honey,oriental sticks,incense and inside of the ancient tomb.classic jewell.

Mirabilis
Mirabilis

Honey and incense mixed up with tabacco.gents smell,complex,great for cold days&nights in winter,DIVINE,all of that despite an ugly and unattractive bottle.

agonista
agonista

If you decide to buy Lapidus Pour Homme you will get the scent which none of women want to use on own body - this is not the perfume which you can call - unisex, gentle, watery,floral.. or something like that - Ted Lapidus has created the scent ONLY FOR MEN - it's one of the most masculine perfume I've ever smelled.
But it's not for every men - its for REAL MEN only -tough, determined, experienced and strong.

I had to grow up to appreciate this scent...

Projection: 9/10
Originality, 10/10
Value for money: 10/10

Ivan Reis
Ivan Reis

yvankraft
yvankraft

I don't choose a fragrance because it is affordable, nor because it's expensive and makes me feel rich... I wear what means something to me.
Luckily, Ted Lapidus is really cheap, but doesn't smell cheap nor vulgar although lots of people wore it in the 90's. I got a bottle of TL because it brings me good memories, because it's powerful, masculine, almost erotic. The patchuli it contains is one of the best I know. If TL wasn't good, at least charming, there woundn't have been so many immitations of it. And I like that ugly bottle too...

ma_ma
ma_ma

One of the longest lasting men fragrances ever! suitable for the 40+ men. It is as said, retro, strong, and powerful.

tomasz_63
tomasz_63

It´s very strong and warm! I like it...!

vardavas
vardavas

this was my signature in the 90's. I stopped using it since I could not find it anymore. Loved it. Beautiful fragrance.

I bought a bottle a few months ago since I saw it was in production again. Im sad to say that this has nothing to do with the original apart from a few seconds on the opening. I used it twice just to make sure. And that was all she wrote.

Sorry guys, if you didn't smell it the first time around you never will cause this is a different cologne. One I definitely dislike.

ThatMakesScents

This review is for the current formulation :

I never tried this back in the 80's so unfortunately I cannot critique the differences between what was and what is...sorry.

What I get from this is a generic manly fragrance smell coupled with scented talcum powder and bubble gum.

It is unique the way BRUT was unique to me. " It has a noticeable drugstore fragrance odor but a decent one". This could be a really nice smelling shampoo or body cleanser.

I used BRUT as a deodorant during my CARON Pour Un Homme days and it worked brilliantly.

This is strong and has good sillage but there is no way I would reach for this when I have Knize 10 Guerlain and Chanel in my closet.

It just wouldn't make sense.

I just ordered the Black Extreme version. I am interested to see what they did with it.

This isnt a bad scent but to me it is more of a cozy/comfort scent that you get from detergents or fabric softner.

Swahili
Swahili

عطر كلاسيكي عتيق وجميل
في وقته كان تحفة وفواح وثابت جدا
الحقيقة عطر رجولي وفخم بس صار قديم شوي وللي يحب العراقة بس يجربه

istanblue
istanblue

Ted Lapidus Black Extreme is modern version of Ted Lapidus Pour Homme with good longevity and excellent sillage.Very masculine,classy,sharp and sexy.Highly recommended.

word-doctor
word-doctor

It took several more wearings than usual for me to be able to attempt a review. I stick to bombs. This is my first sweet bomb, though, as I prefer, or at least thought I preferred, dry/woody/spicy/smoky... and I for sure have trouble with spraying food on myself.

TLPH is definitely sweet. Initial scent reminds me of cheap/decent attars like Majmua 96, with patchouli pinch hitting for the rose. This is the first frag I've found that inhabits the Occidental/Oriental niche. I know there are plenty more out there but at $20? Not likely.

Dries down to sweet, smoky and hangs on for 12+ hours. A little on clothing preserves more of the initial and midnotes. While I don't think this is as well composed as, say, Azzaro PH or Quorum, I like it and it has its place--its sweet spot--for me.

Works well in our (slightly) cooler autumn. I doubt I'd wear TL to work, unless it was one spray to the chest on a Friday.

Sillage: 10/10

tatagaldino
tatagaldino

A bomb of incense and honey. Powerhouse 80s. Magnetic, different, eccentric. Stands any smell, cigarette, drink, bathroom. The evolution at a party/club is different from everyday use. Highly recommended for cold nights, projection and longevity EXCELLENT. I am a smoker and Ted Lapidus Pour Homme covers all. I have not received any praise, but no one spoke ill. Some may say it is dated, I do not like this expression. I think every scent complements your personality, be dated or not will largely depend on your personality (clothes, style, person) in my opinion.

Alexandre

Exotic, strange, magnetic, manly. An oriental fragrance for men serious personality. fixing sensational

pianist75
pianist75

Ive ordered last week based on the reviews here I bought it blind...I did promise to myself not to buy anymore parfums but I couldn't help it after reading about it here! Also my last one to buy will be one man show gold edition by bogart...I hear its really amazing, very similar to this , can anyone confirm that?

Vinícius
Vinícius

Well, it isn't an "easy" fragrance.If you want a great sillage and an enourmous lasting, this is certainly the best choice. Of course, such characteristics requires extra heed. The first spray may seem scary, 15-20 min after, it accomodates and reveals a very classy scent. I do like this perfume. For the youngers, I'd recommend for formal occasions specially.

Bobster
Bobster

This fragrance needs no introduction but if I had to give it one it would be MASTERPIECE. All fragrances wish they had the cahoona's of Lapidus Pour Homme.
10+ Projection 10+ Longevity 10+ Overall scent. I'm not kidding it's that good. Now I have to say this is a type of fragrance that grows on you. When I first tested it I was not a huge fan but the more you wear it the more you fall in love with it. It's like going on a first date. At first your checking things out seeing if you really like that person and not quite sure yet but the initial date got you interested in one more then that one more turns into 11 more and then before you know it your walking down the isle. You get the picture. If you tried this once and didn't like it give it acouple more tries cause I believe you will fall in love with it.

kavi
kavi

To me, this smelled dated, too spicy and sandalwoody to the max. Not for me at all. Highly recommend sampling before buying!

Edit: I can't believe I'm saying this after almost 3 years after my initial review, but I miss this frag. I'm glad there are bottles still around, may have to get one before they all dissapear.

Gyallar
Gyallar

Combination of notes = I feel strong and harsh animallic almíscar (raw musk), with a hint of honey in the base.

sniffmaster
sniffmaster

The smell reflects wisdom, confidence and elegance in a man.. the notes are perfectly blended... I can't stop sniffing once applied on my skin and lasts for hours and hours.. IMO suits more cool/wintery nights but doesn't mean you can't apply any other times... Uniquely Perfect. 10/10

[email protected]
tyrip19562000@yahoo.com

I just ordered a bottle from Amazon.com,I work in a hot warehouse all day and I sweat a lot, I need a powerhouse cologne like Lapidus pour homme. Stay tuned,hopefully these reviews are on point.Stay tuned.....

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

Very complex, totally abstract fragrance truly reminiscent of itself only. I mean, there are scents one can pick out, but the whole picture is very dark and complex. It's a fragrance to wear when you want to be noticed, for sure - the projection on this stuff is nothing short of legendary. Indeed, more than one or two sprays (and I REALLY mean that!) will be overkill. I love it, though I'm not sure how often I'll really be wearing it.

The initial blast screams "MAN" as loud as it possibly can, but once it hits the dry down this becomes a purely unisex affair. This can easily be worn by the kind of woman who enjoys the original Fendi fragrance.

Overall, and especially for the price, this is a solid and unique entry into the world of men's fragrance.

Abstract perfumery!

PsychoTommy
PsychoTommy

I've just bought it blind after a couple of weeks of online research. I'm a regular user of Kouros and Salvador Dali PH, and I was expecting something similar after reading the reviews, but it doesn't even come close. (On a theoretical level, it does, both being very '80s - but technically, it's totally different.)

BUT! Ever since I've put it on, I've had a nagging feeling that it reminds me of something, which seemed funny, as I could swear I've never smelled anything like it before. And then it struck me - this juice is SO VERY EFFING SIMILAR to Caron's L'Anarchiste (of which I'm also a big fan and regular user), that I've been laughing loud ever since I realised it! When I first tried L'Anarchiste, it was instant love for the first sniff, as I considered it truly unique with its minty-spicy-metallic fruit note, resembling nothing else on the market. Now it turns out it has a daddy, and it's called Lapidus Pour Homme! The similarity is so striking, I just can't believe it! The only difference is that there's pineapple in this instead of oranges, and pipe tobacco instead of mint, but the rest - the woods, spices and most prominently, the patchouli, even the smokiness - are spot-on the same! Amazing! Can anybody else confirm this? Did nobody else ever notice? O_O

I can't give a more detailed breakdown about the scent, the sillage and the longevity now, as I've just started rocking this thing, but I'll get back to you after I've had some more experience with this - and after getting over the shock that one of my adorably unique perfumes from the 2000s was indeed made up in the '80s! :)

scribs
scribs

im 19 and i have read reviews saying that this frag is targeted more towards the older man, would it be acceptable for someone my age to rock it? or would it seem somewhat ill-fitting? btw can u actually smell the pineapple?

RobbieX

A fascinating luxurious scent - strong, sweet, mellow - a woody, sweet oriental. It's one of those that you can't stop sniffing. Can smell leather and honey in there and the honey makes it so smooth and pleasant, also a bit of a "Kouros" note. A gorgeous, long lasting man's smell. Fabulous stuff and......it's a classic!!

Omega Man
Omega Man

A top shelf yet inexpensive 80's style cologne, Lapidus is a strong scent that mixes dark woods and spices with sweetness and some dirtiness. A good choice for Steve McQueen-like cool guys.

simg24
simg24

I was initially indifferent on this one. Smelt good but incredibly sweet with the honey and rose pushing through the rest of the ingredients. Lately however, i've noticed a sour almost sweaty smell after a few hours. Assuming its the musk, its not well blended in and tends to be irritating... Personally i am turned off and will be giving it away.

JohnMc
JohnMc

Incredible likeness to Kouros - is it possible that one of the 80's power fragrances had a half-brother? If so, this has to be the half-sibling of Kouros! Albeit with the top notes turned down just a notch.

Lovely musk accented and strong and uncompromising without being cliched. At £16.00 in a London store, I was amazed such a quality fragrance (ignore the tacky flacon) was at such a reasonable price!

Superb, well worth a place in the canon of 80's power fragrances, right next to Antaeus, Obsession and Kouros.

perfumlover
perfumlover

I have tried so many perfume before i could get my hands on this one....
My god this is beast just one spray and the whole room will be filled with its smell !!!!!!!!!
Just so strong and powerful.
I could feel the pineapple in it. Its strong aromatic perfume.
I like it.It is warm, fresh and rich with spices.....
Ya bottle is bit cheaper but the juice is strong as it can get.
Again it's love or hate type perfume. Just try before buy
My score
Projection : 9/10
Longevity : 10/10
Scent : 8/10

Stockham
Stockham

I am a big fan, and have owned some on and off for the last 25 yrs or so. I bought a bottle on line about 6 mths ago, and another from a store yesterday.The actual bottle has changed slightly , as well as the words on the front.The latest one looks a lot cheaper.It also smells a little different , and I suspect weaker.Does anyone have any light they can shed on this? A reformulation?

waine
waine

After reading the positive reviews here, (85% for, 15% against) I bought this yesterday on a special. The last 100ml bottle on the shelf, a big chunk cheaper than usual. I asked the sales lady why it is on a special. She replied, “It is so popular, it is one of our best sellers.” It is amazing how this has been selling for 25 years.

The reviews here have captured the description very accurately.

I find so many of the top men’s expensive perfumes these days generally have an average to poor longevity. I sometimes need something with a decent punch -- juice that I can smell on me at least 8 hours after application, a man’s cologne for when I feel like making a little statement. This may just be it!

There is no denying this is the twin brother of Kouros. While I find Kouros overbearing and sometimes obnoxious, Lapidus Pour Homme is toned down, more refined but with the same sillage and lasting power. I see what one reviewer meant when he said it is “darker” than Kouros. I also get the alluded to, marvellous little “burnt” spicy smell.

Having said that I would not even like to compare TL PH it with Kouros as in my books deserves to be placed is a “classic” category of its own.

In my opinion this is one of the BEST MASCULINE scents available in the oriental group. Applying it with restraint, I am still able to enjoy many of the lovely notes listed in the pyramid. “Hmm, makes me feel so good wearing this.” In a nut shell, this TL is absolutely wonderful! Indeed a superbly crafted "masterpiece", strong, fresh, sweet, woody, and gloriously spicy.

Highly recommended! A definite, must have for any lover of men's EDT.

Scent: 4.5

ABRAG
ABRAG

Excellent romantic classic perfume

Stately

Continues a long period on clothing

I like

I would recommend him

karthiktas
karthiktas

WOW Amazing perfume. But strictly for older men,cos its not a modern scent, Its like Kouros. But its different. It is strong, i sprayed it on my skin and i got skin irritation. so i use only on my shirt. its strong but projection lasts only for an hour, Longevity is good. It also smells exactly like One Man Show Golden Edition. But Ted Lapidus Never projects as One Man Show Golden Edition.

MrMookie
MrMookie

Wow after 21 years got it again! and it was again as i remembered ...SOOoooo good!
What a GEM! (as Karlovonamesti said)
Im wearing it now 3 days in a row (taking a break tomorrow to keep it unique)
but im enchanted by its masculine and warm sweet scent.
Its a pleasant smell for others too im confident to say that because i encountered in these past 3 days almost 10 people giving me compliments on my sillage this has never happened to me these days!

As i have to admit im not a sweet scent lover at all im more a green,darkwoody,spicy powerhouse kind a guy.
But i think, loving Jaipur,Ungaro III im changing a bit these days...

But this one rocks my world!
It stays on your body like a hug! if you wear it under your clothes sprayed in your chest and armpits, one spritz one you palm for direct sniffing :-)

Think of
A handsome, confident italian man in his 30's driving along the boulevard on his vespa with a red dressed italian bella donna on his backseat she's holding him tight as they ride towards a nice evening full of joy and making nice memories... now imagine what they will leaving as a sillage/trail when you walk past them... i imagine this scent!
Its also feminine in a masculine way (sounds odd but hey this smell is odd)

I got many compliments these days so im truly confident that this Eau de Toilette does a great thing on others too. (maybe my skin chemistry)
If you are fed up with most common frags these days and if you like scents like Kouros,Opium,Jaipur, Givenchy Pi and Ungaro III try this for sure!
Its good price and even better value.

Great projection and sillage especially in first hour.

After that a warmer drydown with cosy scents ending in a beeswax smell.
Not a green scent!
Its oriental meets italian gangsters & bella donna's
My top 5 scent!

Im wearing it in autumn/winter weather so im not sure what summer time sun will do this but i will know soon.

vsgunnam
vsgunnam

I wonder how people misguide others. Perfumes are personal as also their silage and longevity. No-one can vouch for the goodness and efficacy of a particular scent. One man`s food is another man`s poison!! I have to write this preface before I write about the much extolled Lapidus Pour Homme. It has been described by users as `power house`, `long lasting` `having great silage and longevity` and what not!! Unfortunately, I beg to differ totally for I feel it as one of the scents that gives the wearer and others a BLANK effect. It has no silage and, if you wear it on your clothes, it has got some life...otherwise, on my skin it is an utter flop. At the time of application, it gives a strong smell that cannot be categorized as MANLY by any standard!! I am thoroughly disappointed by this over exaggerated product, that too, for a price of more than $26!!(INR 1300/=)

Redpula
Redpula

This is my second perfume that I used to have circa 1987 and just like my first perfume, Boss Sport, I will never forget this frag and its bottle. I miss Ted L.

Kharnak
Kharnak

surprised i forgot to write about this one.
Lapidus is one of my personal favorites. Another 80's PowerHouse Musk bomb.
Apparently, like YSL Kouros, people either LOVE it or HATE it.
My mother says hot guys used to wear this in Europe, as a classic European style fragrance. It is.
This is one of those strong ones i describe as "punch you in the face strong". Opens Strongly of Musky Honey and Pineapple, with a slightly "Boozey" quality. Pine Patchouli, sweet the whole way down.
I remember a girl sitting in another aisle at the Office grimace and say "what is that?!" uh oh.. so don't use too much X3
The Dry-Down is just wonderful, it's strong sweet powdery snuggly cozy, if you're a guy with the typical Patchouli-bitter like body musk, it's a good signature. Wear with confidence, those who matter, will like it.
The Pineapple is one of the most striking unique notes in this. Pineapple. The spray tip smells so oddly sweet and powdery.

Alexandre

Exótico, estranho, magnético, másculo. Um perfume oriental sério para homens de personalidade. Fixação sensacíonal.

mehrdad
mehrdad

با سلام
با نظر آقا سامی عزیز موافقم
رایحه آن برای من خیلی خیلی نوستالوژیک است و یاد آور گذشته و دوران پدر و مردهـای قدیم است
اولین رایحه ای که از آن استشمام میشود شما را یاد گلاب و رایحه هـای شرقی و ایرانی می اندازد
از دوام و پخش بوی خوبی برخوردار است و هـر چه میماند بوی آن لطیف تر و خوشبو تر میشود
برای اینکه یاد گذشته و ایام بزرگان خود نمایید کار مناسبی است
گاهـی نیز در استشمام آن یکدفعه گویی به حرم هـای متبرکه مشرف میشوید
بوی آنرا دوست دارم و قیمتش نیز خیلی مناسب است
البته با در نظر گرفتن اینکه این رایحه برای جوانان و مردان امروز قدیمی به نظر میرسد
با احترام
مهـرداد

samihardanian
samihardanian

It´s very strong and warm!

یکی از بهترین کارهائی که تاکنون داشته ام
فوق العاده و بسیار استثنائی و دلفریب
اولین بار 16 سال پیش آنرا تست کردم و در همان لحظه عاشقش شدم.

Grottola
Grottola

Lapidus Pour Homme is an interesting, to say the least, oriental powerhouse along the lines of Balenciaga Pour Homme. Lapidus Pour Homme's central accord is a lavender-patchouli-pineapple-honey combination. It smells "purple", basically. It's decent and quite strong, but not really something I'd wear anymore. Thankfully I got my bottle for cheap.

renperd
renperd

This is a too-easy-to-find cologne in my neck of the woods, and I suspect some use it to mask the effects of "relaxed personal hygiene". I'd rather not be exposed to this tired classic. It smells its price. Give me Kouros any day which, as it happens, is about thrice as expensive.

Mikaela Montserrat
Mikaela Montserrat

awesome

junior halston
junior halston

This is a strange fragrance - sweet woody and dry spicy all at the same time.

Its weird almost surreal when I smell it I feel I am in that David Bowie video "Loving the Alien". Check out that video on You-Tube that imagery of that video bring to mind this scent to me.

strange!

I tried to dilute it with vodka, and it's not terrible that way. I think it may have been reformulated, because it does not have the richness or complexity of the other frags I have that were actually made back then (despite the impressive note pyramid). I much prefer Boss #1 or the original Boss Cologne (which are very similar), if I want to wear a frag like Lapidus PH. I may try diluting it even more at some point, but it has a nasty note or accord (probably the strong patchouli/cedar/amber thing I really hate) that may always be a problem for me (unlike Kouros, which it seems I can appreciate, on some level, if diluted significantly). I'd really like to try the original, to see if there is a major difference. Longevity and projection/"sillage" are really strong.

UPDATE: I was able to obtain some of the vintage formula and there is a big difference. However, it smells similar at first, just weaker than the new one. Over time, though, there is good note separation, unlike the new one. And yes, there is a little "transparency" in the vintage, unlike the new, which is about as dense a fragrance as you'll likely ever experience. Also, you start to smell some decent quality base notes with the vintage, unlike the new one. It is the difference between rotation worthy and unwearable to me, so don't say I didn't warn you !

UPDATE #2: The last couple times I wore the vintage version I couldn't believe how good it was. Basically, it covers all the bases, so to speak. It's got sweet, powdery, woody, tobacco, green, fruity, etc. facets and they work together perfectly. This may be the greatest acheivement in the "art of perfumery," period! If you think the new formulation is identical (or stronger but identical in terns of smell), then my guess is that you are getting fixated on the top notes. There is no way that the great basenotes in the vintage are going to be in the new version with what the new version sells for these days (not sure the sandalwood could be replicated in any case, due to current restrictions). The vintage version essentially makes a mockery of the notion of "niche quality."

UPDATE #3: I did a side-by-side comparison. The vintage has a bit of a vinegar-like quality at first, which may be some kind of spoilage. It doesn't last long and it's more interesting than unpleasant. The new version is just one big, heavy blob relative to vintage. By contrast, vintage has three facets: the heavy/ambery/powdery one that dominates the new version, a dry, incense/sandalwood one, and a "wet" one that seems to mostly be the juniper and pineapple. In the background, so to speak, is the tobacco. I detect no incense/sandalwood in the new one but there does seem to be a mild and cheap-smelling attempt at a wood note.

shamus1
shamus1

Lapidus is a must-own scent for any fan of powerhouse style macho frags. In fact, I'd say it's for powerhouse fans only. It's one of the strongest fragrances I own, exceeding even Kouros' power and sillage, and that's saying a lot. Put on more than a few sprays, and you'll have people within twenty feet of you begging for mercy. This is potent and insanely masculine.

What I love about Lapidus Pour Homme is how unique it is. It smells sort of like Kouros, but it's a lot darker than that. It's got the requisite Eighties patchouli/leather/oakmoss trio accord, but it doesn't smell like other 80s fragrances. In Lapidus, the patchouli smells like it's burnt, and that creates a weird dusky, almost oily rubber smell. The leather kind of smells like it's burnt too, and with moss added to that, the scent becomes even darker. This sets Lapidus apart from all the other 80s scents. The tobacco in this adds greenness to the scent, and blasts the testosterone level out of the ballpark.

Lapidus is all about presence, and establishing your turf. It's assertive, so you can't be afraid of wearing this.

MY RATING: 8.5/10

wass005
wass005

Masterpiece art of perfumery. Strong opening very manly unlike modern
Perfumes that are neither here or there maybe for lady men

minipoly
minipoly

I would have really liked this, especially for it's velvety sweet dry-down; however, there is this nauseating note in it that really bothers me. When I pinpointed what the smell reminded me of, I just couldn't stand this fragrance anymore. To me, that note smells like corn tortillas. I also detect that note in Zino, which I like, but it's so far in the background that it's tolerable.

tigergirl
tigergirl

It´s very strong and warm!

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Vintage Lapidus:
I often think this is the fragrance Eddie Money wore while making the video for Take Me Home Tonight. It just smells like his style. Lapidus Pour Homme is an underrated gem, and although I'm on the fence as to whether or not it's my style, I have to say that this fragrance deserves the accolades that it so often gets. Where do I start here, let's see - how about the most refreshing opening of any fragrance under $30. Pineapple, like a can of Mott's splashed on your skin, followed by lemon and camphorous herbs. Then comes the middle, with its honey, rose, jasmine, and an amplified pineapple. I think it's a testament to the quality of this fragrance that they managed to keep the fruit relevant throughout its lifespan. Eventually everything dries down to a musky rose-tinged honey accord, very thick and decadent. This is strong stuff - one or two spritzes is all you'll need, and much like YSL's Kouros, the effect lingers for many hours. Lapidus will take you through the day. I can't say it's the most contemporary juice on the market, but it's certainly overlooked. Be wary though of the idea that Lapidus is Kouros' doppelganger, or a "perfected" Kouros. I disagree with that notion, and feel Lapidus is similar to YSL's fougere, but a bit rougher and not quite as high quality. This needs to be tried, and if you feel you can pull it off, grab a bottle. It's old and marked down and there's really nothing to lose and everything to gain. Best for autumn and winter, or perhaps early spring. Also it's a woody fougere, not an oriental.

Reformulated/Latest Version:
Still a beauty. There's significantly less pineapple and more rose on top, but it's "headspace" rose, not rubbery rose oil, smelling darkly floral and just a touch sweet. I also notice far less honey in the mid, which snobs might lament, but I can tell you that if anything bothered me about the original formula, it was the honey, which at times grew "chewy" and overbearing, like a dirty ball of sugar emitting a slightly rank odor. That was celebrated as animalism before, but here it has been toned back and balanced better. The honey note no longer growls at you. The drydown is only very slightly different, with a clovey element that suggests high-end barbershop talc, and reminds me of how clove is handled in the base of Creed's Orange Spice. Altogether this fragrance has not been damaged in the least by reformulation, still smells very strong, and has the exact same pyramid as before, but with minor tweaks to two or three elements. I smell no lamentable change between the formulas at all. YMMV.

purplesun
purplesun

Complete, utter MASTERPIECE. Fabulously grand scent. In terms of complexity and power, Ted Lapidus pour Homme is without doubt the oriental brother of Kouros. Martin Gras made this perfume as someone who didn't have to please anyone, least of all a perceived target group designated by marketing analysts. He made it as an artist does a work of art.

marioslg2
marioslg2

I used this in 1991-92 in the high school. Since then, i never came across again but now i ordered a bottled on line. as i remember it is a powerfull fragrance and unique. I cant wait to get it and bring back memories from my youth.

Diego de Barros Pereira
Diego de Barros Pereira

It's a moderate scent in my opinion, not that strong as others mentioned, yet, it draws attention wherever you go and compliments,too. On my skin, the notes of petit grain and tobbaco fill the air. It's my first of many bottles. Lapidus, classic forever!

VirtualT
VirtualT

Be careful with this stuff, any more than 1 spray and you will be parting crowds in the street lol

Aristo
Aristo

beautiful rose
flavored tobacco from a hookah ....

guest_acool
guest_acool

Excellent perfume,i had it when i was 13 and now i am 34 and still want to have one.This is an excellent perfume,perhaps old is gold.

guest_kryslerski
guest_kryslerski

this is a masterpiece, suitable for any age. perfectly blended, pleasant, timeless. five stars!

missan
missan

A very nice oriental. A lot is going on in this one. Sweet and strong, a wonderful smell, long lasting. After using it for some time I consider this a real masterpiece.
Can be had at bargain prices.

It´s getting closer and closer to my number one!

guest_Papiki
guest_Papiki

Where can I get one is South Africa, once had one best perfum of my life time, shocking that its 23yrs old and I'm 29 mhh.

denmaz
denmaz

yes, it is classic. not horrible as i thought before. because i never smell this on another man, i cannot say that this is an overpowering scent. as long as i knew, it smells moderate. best applied for 38+, not suitable for youth.

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

Altought I don't like it... and I'll never use it, I have to admit: it's really a MASTERPIECE!
^^

KONRAD
KONRAD

Lapidus is a MASTERPIECE,and is hard to find a fragrance with a power and longevety like this one.Also is a unique scent but you have to be careful, because only you need just a bit , otherwise is possible that you ofend anybody due the long lasting duration of the cologne. Is one of the best classics of all colognes. Keep in mind and buy it. You don`t regret. Enjoy

ARAMIS

Now I decide, I love lapidus too much, it's my today's Fav :)

ARAMIS

I wanna try it more than once. it seems it would be tolerated after a while?

Anyway, this would be better than "sweaty" Body Kouros! What do u think?

mado17
mado17

When I was a kid, my uncle used this cologne regularly, I loved myself when he sprays me with it..it was really amazing, heavenly scent, when I was 18, I bought it blindly, 2 bottles at one shot :) I was very disappointed, it seemed too much reformulated to the wrong way...The disgusting matter was when went to a date wearing it, my lady told me, you are great, but please never wear that again...same comments received from several friends and colleagues...I gave up the bottles...even my uncle who kept wearing this once great perfume, stopped to do so...just one wish, I hope the better formula always remain in place, or altered to the better in another edition, summer, intese etc...I know IFRA has regulations, but many scents remained wonderful, why TL refused to be so??

dm8m
dm8m

lapidus pour homme is a good & lasting scent. it's a strong fresh off the shower scent so it's best to use it in moderation. otherwise, you & your companion will get a headache.

hernie
hernie

Unforgettable fragrance, one of my favs of all times!! It´s very strong and warm!

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

My father used to wear it in 90's at that time i liked this perfume and later i bought 100ml bottle forme. It is not an expensive one. But i realised that it is very strong and overpowering oriental fragrance. It is linear and you have to apply it in appropriate amount otherwise it will give u a headache. It has go great silage and longevity.
I give it 5 out of 10.

instantjim
instantjim

I have been hesitant about reviewing this fragrance as it is so complex, so stunning, that I really wanted to do it justice and give it some time. As with other fragrances, I bought it blind from an internet store based on reviews I had read here and at another site.

My interest in Ted Lapidus fragrances was initially sparked by a recent visit to a perfume store, where I was given a sample of his latest fragrance Black Soul. I could not find the Black Soul anywhere, but came across this fragrance mentioned here in Fragrantica. I ordered it blind and was expecting big things when it arrived.

When I opened the box I was impressed by the bottle, it is weird in a really retro- science- fiction kind of way. I fully agree that it looks like it came from a Klingon Space Ship.

I sprayed it only once on my arm –it gives a really generous dose. Based on how few sprays it took to fill a small decanter bottle, it perhaps puts out double the amount of some other bottles, so restraint is needed. This one spray was potent enough to have my wife comment on how strong the fragrance was an hour after application (she was 5 feet away at the time). The silage is awesome!

The actual scent was amazingly potent and to start with. I was not disappointed. After an initial sharpness, due to lavender; incense, sweet and pungent notes work together (some might say battle each other) to create a magnificent olfactory feast.

This combination could have been cloying, but the sweetness balanced with the patchouli and herbs are just right. There is a definite similarity with Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent, but in this fragrance I detect a wider array of notes.

As this fragrance dries down, the patchouli becomes more evident, yet the sweetness continues. The main difference between this and Kouros is that this is more herby and woody, it’s like someone crossed Kouros with Givenchy Gentleman and then added some pungent herbs. In addition, the use of these culinary herbs (coriander, basil and thyme), give this a warm richness which is reminiscent of a plum pudding; which is helped in part by a deep, almost brandy-like impression given by the incense.

This lasts very well and is still detectable after 8 or more hours. Towards the end of its life, patchouli is still alive and kicking and the incense remains but the fragrance has lost most of its herbaceousness: it really evolves a lot more on my skin than either Kouros or Gentleman does.

This is a quality fragrance and has instantly become a favourite of mine!

BIG
BIG

This scent reeks of HONEY!!! Never overapply it!!! It's very original. First off it starts very strong and has this weird deep smell, but after 10-20 minutes, the honey base kicks in, at least it's the most proeminent note to me. Inquiring people should buy first the 30 ml version. All in all, wonderful fragrance and strong sillage.

varondandy
varondandy

GO EASY ON THE TRIGGER..A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY. AT FIRST SCARRY,BUT THEN IT IS QUITE NICE.BUENASNOCHES/GOODNIGHT.

xtaxcy7
xtaxcy7

iam tweenties and i love this!!! Hahah

Andy Capobianco
Andy Capobianco

I always appreciate fragrances like this, ones that are retro, strong, powerful, potent, have unique qualities and last many hours. At first I didn't like it at all. but now the scent itself I don't dislike, when you get over the harsh opening about 30 minutes in I like it far more. And I like how powerful it is. but as a fragrance to wear it's not really to my tastes. I think age limits on fragrances can be kinda stupid mostly, but being 23 this really is one that I think is way too old for me. I like scents from the 60's 70's 80's etc, but this is just too heavy on the leather and hot spicey smell. It does seem to change a bit though, sometimes I really like wearing it, but mostly other times it's like how I described

Cassiano
Cassiano

This cologne is perfect in every way. But like Kouros and other classics from the 80’s, it became extremely rejected after the change of the 90’s to the 2000 years.

Its notes, beautifully composed and balanced, make it a powerful and animalic fragrance, at the same time elegant and refined, completing a masculine and seductive visual. It’s a love or hate type of cologne!
Usually, people who wear Lapidus, become faithful forever. Even though fidelity consists only in having good memories, and not necessarily buy 1 bottle every time another ends. Fidelity is not the same thing as personal signature.

For a creation from 1987, Lapidus was already very modern...with incense, honey and tobacco, amongst flowers and fruits, within a male fragrance. Join to these notes, pineapple, basil, lavender, amber, jasmine, iris, etc. and you will have an aromatic bomb.

I had 2 bottles of this cologne in the late 90’s and I remember I collected numerous compliments, even being young and having a little knowledge of perfumery. But it must be worn with caution to achieve the right level of praise and no complaints, since it projects absurdly. Masterpiece!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ted Lapidus Lapidus Pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Ted Lapidus Lapidus Pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lapidus Pour Homme by Ted Lapidus. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lapidus Pour Homme by Ted Lapidus represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.