Designers » T-Z » Chypre Floral « Groups

Vu par Ted Lapidus Ted Lapidus for women

Vu par Ted Lapidus Ted Lapidus for women
dislike

Vu par Ted Lapidus is a classic chypre fragrance launched in 1975. It is available as Eau de Toilette in bottles of 60, 120 and 240 ml and as pure perfume in quantity of 8 and 30 ml.

Amber Woodsy Notes oak moss Floral Notes

Vu par Ted Lapidus Fragrance Reviews

Yohji
Yohji

Thanks to MrsLetterO for this precious decant!

Spicy-fruity from the beginning, honeyed rose with iris at the heart, mossy-vannilic and slightly leathery on the drydown, I expected it to be dry and cold, but its almost sweet, with big projection and very friendly, flirty aura
Civet detected as well, as honey, rose and civet my skin never fails to reveal, I really need to find a bottle of this amazing cheerful chypre, that doesnt remind me of anything among vintages I've tried so far but i would guess its Guerlain sort of thing..without knowing it Lapidus...Depth and projection are excellent here.

mandi.russell.1
mandi.russell.1

My neighbour wore this when I was a child and I fell in love with the smell....it evokes wonderful memories and I felt so grown up when I purchased a bottle with my very first wage packet! I long to smell it again and wish I could still buy it....

I have a wish

Let VU be coming back

It makes me happy like a good song

astridvdwoning

I whish that VU will be come back
I miss it so much

Please make a lot of us happy

Iris_it
Iris_it

I have the parfum concentration and this is an old style strong and beautiful fragrance . I detect some bitterness and citruses in the opening but it is all about warm woods and big oakmoss which is gently tamed by flowers , so out of the beaten tracks nowadays . Perfect for Autumn but ... stay away from Vu if you like modern fruity/florals or light perfumes :-)
Not a bit linear , just like oldies are .

kl99
kl99

THE STORY:
I was born on 1972. As perufumista and nostalgic personality, I've been always looking for That fragrance I was sure to have noticed, smelled, around when I was a child expecially in summer. An aroma I link with Star Wars and Spielberg's King Kong. I was (and still) sure we can not talking about a particular, only one, perfume, but of a kind of fragrance in fashion those years. I've tried many fragrances of that period and I was almost sure to have found that smell in J'ai Osé of Guy Laroche. But I was not totally persuaded.
A week ago while I was visiting Rimini, the seaside town where I spent all my childhood, I saw a bottle of VU into a stationery/smoke shop, the wrapper was extremely damaged, without cellophane, I connected my smartphone with fragrantica: 1975, oakmoss, woody notes.. mmm... VU.. I knew of bottle and the box, seen around for years, but the fragrance? I read some interview on this and the "other" main site of fragrances and somebody said "I remember it was very popular in Italy and in France in the late seventies-early eighties ...it's really a disco-era scent" .. I said. I could take the risk. The day after I asked for the price: 15€ x 120ml of eau de toilette concentree. I said to the woman, hiding my emotions, with nonchalance: ok, give it to me.
And yes: Is That Smell of That Era (end of 70s, beguin of 80s) that was in my mind and memories! Like a Legend It has always been there under my eyes..
ThE PERFUME:
I like it a lot, but I don't feel to spend the exclamation words of the other writers, it's a quite linear fragrance, darksweet woods, sexy, less leathery than J'ai Osé and more "waxy", traditional chypre like mitsouko, pleasant, basical. A vintage body lotion smell. lovely nostalgic.

michali
michali

I loVU
I whish I had known VU when I was younger.
It could defiantly be my signature perfume.

Its a beautiful Chypre.
Opens with mossy, woodsy-leathery
(light leather) notes.
Dries down to a woodsy honeyed
The floral base adds a little sweetness
but it is not sweet-rather clean and
Uplifting.

Jaydee
Jaydee

Vu was absolutely gorgeous. I have never found another perfume like it.

Henriette
Henriette

This was a scent that could not let you go unnoticed. It was strong with a bitter undertone that was very innovative for the time. I would associate this scent with a hippy feeling wearing flower power clothes. It was so new after all the flowers, all the powdery scents: finally spicy, naughty girls at last! I wore this and felt so special even though I was only a student and remember very well this was a scent admired a lot (but not by mothers ...)

passionata20
passionata20

Finally today i got my hands on the very vintage boxed bottle of concentrated EDT in an atomizer bottle. Atomizer is not exactly the same as spray, it is more as an aerosole. You just push a little and it begins to spray it out, think of hairspray dispenser.
Well, back to fragrance. When i smell it i can´t get rid of a resemblance to "Madame Rochas" though it is not absolutly the same but quite similar. Yes, they share some notes because they are all chypres, but this one is oily while "Madame Rochas" is more dry and more green. There is a lot of wood factor in the opening of "Vu" but i can´t help of thinking also about wood being oiled and it is in a good and tasty way, the feeling of something oily is very strong in this fragrance. Moss is very strong here also and like user Mandana said before, there is a feeling of a honey note presented, though it is not listed. Very nicely blended with a good lasting power. On the drydown i smell flowers and because of the them mossy note is not sharp but very pleasant to my nose. The very drydown is oily flowerly to my nose. In few words this is an oily chypre with flower-oily drydown. I would say that this is a perfume for a strong lady, might feel a bit outdated nowdays but for those who appreciate flower chypres it is a good investment. It makes you feel indeed independent and strong. Not a masculine though. Ideal for autumn, late august evenings and nights and for leather jacket. Not exactly what i was expecting and it won´t be amongst my favorites but still very good and i can truly appreciate it.

marion11
marion11

This fabulous perfume made me feel strong, independent, powerful and individual. A wonderful 'grown up' scent, nothing else matches it. Does anyone know where it can be purchased? Passionata20 - how do you know it is expensive? where oh where can I find some!

smellsogood
smellsogood

I wore this as a teen, and I have to say it garnered more compliments than any I have worn since. If you want to snag a teenage boy this may be the way to go.

CECILIA1
CECILIA1

Vu was my first perfume when I was a teenager, my older sis bought it for me and it was truly go-juss, very individual and was once sold as a set of miniatures called The French Quarter with Fidji and 2 others but I forget now.. Is VU available ANYWHERE!!!???

Mandana
Mandana

Hi everyone, yes I remember well the delicious "Vu", I got the EDP from my mum for Christmas in 1976 together with my ABBA LP's and flared jeans!! The French name translates as "seen" which is an odd choice for a fragrance though. I got through 2 more bottles and wore it until after that! I loved it, it smelled quite heavy and sweet like honey mixed with an expensive but light oil, then poured over dry fragrant wood and left to dry in the midday sun. Honey is not one of the notes but strangely when I think of "Vu" I think of a syrupy heavy honey. I did not get the flower notes at all and amber was for me undetectable. "Vu" was a fragrance ahead of its time and was launched at a time (mid 70's) when women were becoming independent and having careers: they wanted something more of a "signature scent" and they got this with "Vu". "Opium" came out around this time too, I remember.("Vu" was different though, and not comparable with the heady "Opium"). People reacted strangely to "Vu", you either hated it or loved it as it was such an independent unforgettably sweet and mesmerising fragrance that did not fit into any category. It is not a romantic fragrance and it is not a floriental; I felt brave, sexy, grown-up and independent when wearing "Vu". The sillage was long-lasting and did not disappoint. I remember I "coated" myself with this glorious honey/woodsy scent then went off to the disco to dance to hits of Abba and Elton John... ah the memories! Why did they stop making this perfume? It was a classic and would not smell dated if relaunched today. Thanks for reading my review!

najjlj
najjlj

I love,love,and love Vu by Ted Lapidus.It is my all time favorite.I want to buy some myself.If you can get your hands on some by all means buy it.najjlj

XSX!!! WAUW!! Thank you for adding this vintage perfume!! I am sooo curious how it smells! People, if you know it, please add your review!
Thanks!

Vu par Ted Lapidus by Ted Lapidus 4.70 out of 5 based on 24 ratings and 16 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ted Lapidus Vu par Ted Lapidus fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Ted Lapidus Vu par Ted Lapidus, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vu par Ted Lapidus by Ted Lapidus. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vu par Ted Lapidus by Ted Lapidus represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.