Designers » T-Z » Chypre Floral « Groups

Oha Teo Cabanel for women

Oha Teo Cabanel for women
dislike

Oha Teo Cabanel for women Pictures Oha Teo Cabanel for women Pictures Oha Teo Cabanel for women Pictures Oha Teo Cabanel for women Pictures

Oha is a classical scent for evening, opulent floral with a retro twist, refreshing and crisp at the beginning and bright floral in the heart.

A brilliant trio of roses (Bulgarian and Damascus) and jasmine, green, bright and sharp, transforms into a velvety fresh and calm floral composition, with a hint of vanilla and a puff of light powder.

The fragrance is available in 50 and 100ml of eau de parfum, a parfum extract of 15ml, and a solid of 2 gr with refill. The perfume was created by Jean-François Latty in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Francois Latty.

Bergamot Tea

J'ai Osé

Oha Fragrance Reviews

Q80
Q80

Cardamom and pepper overdose with sharply roses. Sneezable for me but a blended greatly!
nothing new so far with this one!

mysterious_scent
mysterious_scent

Vintage floral chypre, just what I'd love.

smellsogood
smellsogood

I'm quite surprised that no one has compared this to vintage Opium EDT. The are so similar, although, Oha has less of the orange and more rose. So if you are mourning the loss of your favourite YSL bombshell, give Oha a whirl!

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

What a nice surprise. Oha opens with an extremely realistic, deep and invigorating sort of “bright floral chypre” appearance: juicy rose and bergamot notes on top, a really compelling and kind of old-styled herbal-woody accord, resins, a tremendously enjoyable iris note. Then patchouli, a mint breeze (geranium, maybe) and other flowers providing a really nice, and again, pleasantly “vintage” feel, that classic “bouquet of wet flowers” vibe. A really effortless composition which manages to appear as a modern, light and lively floral scent with a decided classic vibe. And above all, smelling terribly good – by this, I mean deep, radiant, realistic but also “polished” enough to smell perfectly crisp and sophisticated, with a hint of musky sexiness. Several classic feminine scents come to mind within the first minutes, mostly from the late 1980’s-mid 1990s, from Vendetta by Valentino to L’arte by Gucci; more as inspirations than actual similarities. I mean that Oha seems referring to them, but with a contemporary, “brighter” approach, and a couple of modern features – that “tea” note for instance, which if I identified it correctly, smells more like a generic (yet completely pleasant) touch of fruit. The evolution is equally nice, and it shows both the quality of the notes and the skillful composition: as minutes pass Oha slowly becomes fruitier and more resinous, that “tea” note emerges more clearly, a whiff of patchouli-licorice appears. Kind of “Lutensian” at this stage – flowers, resins and fruits. And basically so is the drydown, which sadly is a bit short. Know what? I’m impressed. Understated, maybe uncreative and maybe a bit too short-lived, but a really nice little gem with solid materials and an utterly enjoyable evolution exploring several nuances of flowers, resins and herbs.

7,5-8/10

Narguile
Narguile

This is a scent that needs time to get comfortable, at least on my skin. At first, it's stuffy and formal, with loud rose that comes out of the gate way too strong. But oh, give it 30 minutes and the gorgeous citrus and tea notes comes through, and everything melds together in this lovely way. Vanilla appears a few hours in, softening everything into a lovely silky rose skin scent that lasts for hours on me. I adore this, just not the first half hour!

muskymoi
muskymoi

Such a gloriously "me" perfume...I will have this on constant rotation. The rose at the top is almost overpowering but the sillage is so transcendent that I feel like I'm gliding across the floor instead of walking. The "tea" comes out about 5 hours in and it's an interesting half-time break before the wonderful almost powdery base notes kick in...Truly elegant but spicy and wicked in its own way...It's the granny scent for sexy grannies. Like Sophia Loren. She is one sexy granny.

lairderien
lairderien

I thought I would enjoy this based on the rose / spicy notes but this doesn't work on my skin. I get little rose but lots of jasmine, which I think kills it for me - no vanilla either? I can appreciate it for what it is - a very grown up fragrance using quality ingredients. It reminds me a lot on Miller Harris Fleur Oriental (another beauty that I so wanted to love but didn't work on my skin).

AveParfum
AveParfum

Oha's sillage was very strong. I applied it only to my wrists as I went to bed, and I soon regretted it as the perfume was so intense throughout the entire night. The beautiful blend of rose and cardamom reminds me so much of my beloved Black Jade. Oha is more mature though as the bergamot in the top is not so prominant and the rose is dustier, more Victorian or like dried red rose petals.

The cardamom really stands out as well as a note of jasmine. To me this perfume is grown-up, definitely not weak or without character. Out of Barkhane, Alahine, and now this, I can't decide which is my favorite. They are all marvelous!

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

I was surprised that the database qualified this fragrance as a floral chypre. On my skin, the green edge was the prominent one, along with what seemed to be a citrus-herb combo. It reminded me of Guerlain Sous le Vent, and a bit of an excellent men's cologne. Nice, vibrant, with excellent longevity.

Lavender Child
Lavender Child

I got the samples set by Teo Cabanel and to me, Oha is the stronger, older sister of Early Roses. It has a lot more character than Early Roses and is quite a dominant scent. No shame in that!
The Rose Trio in Oha isn't dewy and fresh, instead coming in with a bang and not going anywhere. Musky, yes, elegant too, perfect for evenings. Projection is where I like it (arm length when in movement, otherwise personal) and sillage is 8 hours on me. A warm, well-established scent (no sourness on me) perfect for hospitable and comforting personalities.

"Fresh, green and cold" to me applies to the start of Early Roses, but not to Oha. I wouldn't exactly call this "dirty", but it's not exactly clean as in fresh / mild / watery. Oha is a strong, memorable scent. I couldn't wear this in a discreet setting, it has way too much personality for that. An intelligent, individual scent that supports and strengthens. A bit too much for me at my age (27) and not exactly subtle to my nose.

spidola
spidola

Very elegant! A deep, intense rose scent with the top of tea and jasmine. Linear and clean. Very ladylike. It’s a perfect perfume for official occasions when you have to be discreet and bon-ton.
But I have a feeling like in this total perfection lacks a little bit of personality. Maybe I'm wrong! Or maybe sometimes you don’ t want to show everyone who you are - so you can hide yourself behind this beautiful fragrance.

Cereza
Cereza

You really have to appreciate how bulgarian rose smells to enjoy "Oha", because all trough the development of the scent the bulgarian rose is shining trough, all sour and loud as always.

That said, I will also admit that I am not overly friendly with sour/green rose, but "Oha" is a rather safe representation of the scent mentioned above, therefore making itself a very safe blind buy.

"Oha" is a fresh, green and cold rose paired with shy tea and shyer jasmine making this pretty much linear rose scent most suitable for hot weather. I did not get any tonka, nor vanilla, so there is nothing warm for me here. Also I will add that "Oha" stays very close to skin after the opening, so would be a safe choice as an office fragrance.

girasolina
girasolina

If I had not received a gift, I never tested this marvel of ancient times.
It 's very complex, it is noted but not brash.
On the skin, and then go back to changing shape and lasts all day.
Unusual compared to my gender, but not great like the last ca - ate niche (?) Who are impersonating detergents rather than perfumes.
And even his own, and absolutely holds head and overtake ...!

id
id

Rose and cardamom doesn't "sound" right on my skin even I appreciate this fragrance for being elegant ant long lasting. I guess it is just my skin chemistry. Besides, Oha is one of the fragrances which I call universal, you can wear it any season and any daytime.

VeronicaRoy

A very elegant scent, rather 1940s. The Teo Cabanel bottles are beautiful. Alahine has much more character than Oha and Julia.

VeronicaRoy

A sophisticated scent, rather old-fashioned and musky, but sours quickly.

Kterhark
Kterhark

Have you ever sat and flipped through channels at night, stumbling upon PBS where Charlotte Church was on stage, singing a pitch perfect operatic song, afterwhich everyone clapped politely?

That's Oha.

But I prefer it when Mariah Carey or Celine Dion take the stage and belt it out. And this is my problem with Oha.

It's subtle. Pitch perfect, but subtle. And as a chypre floral it is competing with some grand divas in my boudoir, like Caron's Or et Noir and Guerlain's Mitsouko pure parfum; and they are outsinging this one.

Nevertheless, I like this fragrance, it is indeed beautiful, and has all but three of my favorite notes. I will order a sample in the pure parfum to see if it kicks it up a notch, becuase htis is one I'm not ready to write off just yet.

I like Oha most than other Teo Cabanel's scents. It's very feminine almost in an old-fashion way, still not a granny perfume.
It has a very French touch, quality is out of doubt. It smells like a classy, elegant and feminine woman from a French poster would smell.
Jasmine and green tea are very evident in the beginning, then the whole scent is a mix of roses and jasmine with a hint of violet (not listed), then tonka bean and cedar. I can't smell the cardamom and the vanilla is very subtle, not a vanillic scent.
I don't own a full bottle and won't probably buy because Oha is not totally me in every moment. It would suit a more elegant woman than I am. It would make a good statement with an evening dress, but it's wearable during the day without exceeding. I think its character is more related to the personality of the wearer rather than the occasion, because it seems "alive". Not a mainstreet fragrance in any case.

mellybee
mellybee

Judging by the notes alone, I expected to like Oha (notes of bergamot, tea, rose, jasmine, tonka bean, iris, musk) and I don’t really know why I didn't. It was charming,lovely, quite elegant... but there was something lacking in it for me. To be "for me" it would have much sweeter jasmine, more cardamom, and a different, not so clean, kind of musk.

It starts with an accord which I can only describe as jasmine flavoured green tea; the jasmine note begins to fade in the middle stage giving its place to the roses, and by the time the drydown comes, the scent is mostly iris, powder and a woody note that I assume is cedar.

Oha is considered to be an evening scent, but truly you can wear it anytime.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Teo Cabanel Oha fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Teo Cabanel Oha, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Oha by Teo Cabanel. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Oha by Teo Cabanel represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.