Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Ombre Mercure Terry de Gunzburg for women

Ombre Mercure Terry de Gunzburg for women
dislike

Ombre Mercure Terry de Gunzburg for women Pictures

Five new fragrances: Rêve Opulent, Parti Pris, Lumière d'Epices, Ombre Mercure and Flagrant Délice.

After the successful cosmetics line By Terry, launched in 1998, the former creative director of Yves Saint Laurent and make-up artist Terry de Gunzburg finally enters the world of perfumery with five new high-quality fragrances of different character. These fragrances are named Rêve Opulent, Parti Pris, Lumière d'Epices, Ombre Mercure and Flagrant Délice.

The compositions are created by perfumers from Robertet Grasse: Jacques Fleury, Arthur Le Tourneur d'Ison, Karine Vinchon and Sidonie Lancesseur.

Ombre Mercure is a powdery scent of iris and violet.

The fragrances are available in bottles of 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum. Terry announces a collection of woody fragrances in 2013.

Ombre Mercure was launched in 2012. Ombre Mercure was created by Jacques Fleury, Arthur Le Tourneur d'Ison, Karine Vinchon Spehner and Sidonie Lancesseur.

Violet Leaf

No. 37 Veilchen

Ombre Mercure Fragrance Reviews

Florista
Florista

Violets, roses, dry orris powder freshness, and subtly sweet vanilla. For lack of a better word, an olifactory blob of well-blended ingredients that all matchup together like puzzle pieces. Although this is not very eventful on my skin, a wonderful change occurs when the benzoin emerges in the drydown. So comparable to several Guerlains that I have to imagine it was created as homage. Also: Karl Lagerfeld wears this.

XocoFlor
XocoFlor

I really wish there was no patchouli and benzoin in this. One, or both of these notes combined, produces the smell of incense. It starts out very nice, but immediately settles into an earthy, dusty, medicinal smell.

I was expecting more of a lipstick cosmetic scent, like Iris Ganache without the spicy cardamom OR Dior Homme Intense without the nesquick.

Perhaps the weather is too warm. I will try this out again in the cold. Maybe I will come to love it one day.

mrsg34
mrsg34

A much softer version of Guerlain Insolence EDP with a sandlewood base is how I interpret this scent. On first spray a lovely violet then I get the Iris mingling in and then a woody base. It is a well done, beautiful, demure perfume. I have bought a bottle without testing and although I am not unhappy with it I wouldn't buy again when it's gone as the longevity isn't more than a couple of hours on me and as another member said I have Insolence edp which I love and that certainly is much stronger and packs a punch! I shall wear this on days that I crave violet but in a chilled, lighter way.

carlino
carlino

I first purchased this fragrance in a small fragrance boutique in Trastevere, Rome last year. I wanted something unisex. This immediately appealed to me because it had woodsy florals, a hint of amber and patchouli, and it had very warm sensual notes as well. I bought the 3.5 oz size without even batting an eyelash. It has become one of my favorite, and dare I say signature scents. Everyone loves it and even people that cannot stand fragrances say they like it.

goldeneraglamour
goldeneraglamour

I adore perfumes reminiscent of cosmetic scents, so Ombre Mercure became a must-try after reading all the positive reviews here and seeing comparisons to the discontinued Iris Ganache.

This was a blind buy for me, and a very risky one at that because although I did save a lot of money, it was still pretty pricey! But I was so certain that I would love it. Thankfully I did and it immediately went into my Top 5 favorite fragrances list!

My heart sank after I first sprayed it because the opening didn’t smell so pleasant to me, but as it dried down I fell in love! (UPDATE 10/22/2015: After trying Moulin Rouge and Lipstick On, I realized that the opening comprises of a very waxy iris note- giving this scent that lipstick feel! It does not last though, but I appreciate it more now!) I smell iris/orris, violet, vanilla/benzoin and sandalwood. The sandalwood adds a creaminess that is reminiscent of lipstick (think L'Oreal and Givenchy), while the orris provides the waxiness. I sense a little ylang and jasmine in the drydown, giving this very powdery floral fragrance a slight Chanel No. 5 vibe. Warm, sweet, soft, cosmetic-esque, and complex.

Slightly reminiscent of Meteorites powder due to the violet/iris, but Meteorites powder is less sweet, more simple, and drier. Compared to Meteorites room spray/perfume, Ombre Mercure is drier, powdery, vanillic, and much more complex.

But the one perfume this reminds me of is Insolence (both EDP/EDT, they smell the same to me except EDP is maybe a bit stronger), again because of the violet/iris combo. Ombre Mercure may be what Insolence could have smelled like if it was toned down, contained no berries, and included Guerlinade!

I love that Ombre Mercure evokes lipstick in the opening, and face powder in the drydown. Usually perfumes with cosmetic accords evoke one or the other!

Sillage is moderate, I can smell it on myself throughout the day and it lasts 10+ hours on me.

Update 7/15/2015: I finally got my hands on a sample of Iris Ganache! The main characteristic the two share is the creamy soft vibe they both give off. OM is way more complex in comparison and way more floral, while IG is more gourmand and sweeter. I honestly wish Iris Ganache smelled more like Ombre Mercure.

Update 7/23/2015: Amouage Opus III is essentially a dupe for Ombre Mercure, the perfumer behind it contributed to OM.

Jenge
Jenge

A beauty. High quality, make-upy, and soft. I love the opening as it's a realistic violety, creamy lipstick. It's slightly powdery and very Guerlainish. (Sorry for all of the non-words!) It has some Guerlain Insolence vibes to it, only much, much lighter. In fact, that is what would keep me from buying a full bottle of this. It's missing some depth and power, and if I could add that to it, it would be Insolence which I already own and adore.

The drydown may be a little too sandalwood for me as well, but again, not strong AT ALL.

If you wanted Insolence to be way lighter with no raspberry, this may be your fragrance. It is quite pricey for such a soft scent, and on my skin dried down to nearly nothing in about 3 hours, (It is very frigidly cold here at the moment)but very lovely and well made.

A delicious, feminine, make up scent, refined and demure.

VioletSouffle
VioletSouffle

A wonderful sugared-violet, drenched in white chocolate! Lasts for hours.

TerryM
TerryM

This is beautiful. Definite powdery, iris elements but the piece de résistance is in the dry down. Unbelievably warm, spicy amber vanilla. It is a delightful "blind buy" for me!

Eos
Eos

Ombre Mercure looked like a powder bomb from the notes but that is not what I found it to be when I wore it. To my nose this is the scent of sweet violet and sandalwood soap. It has that strange Aspertame note that sweet violet fragrance seem to manifest on my skin. Instead of going powdery, it is quite oriental but with an intense soapy streak. What iris there is in this composition was not able to fight it's way through for my nose to smell it. For me, this was an absolute scrubber.

bossontherun
bossontherun

Beautiful Iris - Amber like base perfume. Warm and delicate. I'm covered with the most delightful aroma which everybody ask about.

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

tried it, initially the blast was okay, then its just another vanilla plus flower scent. nothing remarkable nor memorable for me

Caramelle
Caramelle

Ombre Mercure is definitely in the same vein as
Mon Parfum Chéri by Annick Goutal for me; a powdery patchouli iris combo.Ombre is less dusty or vintage smelling in my opinion but even though neither is for me,I find Mon Parfum Chéri more intriguing.Ombre Mercure might be more generally likable,though.

I recommend sampling both if you care for either of these two.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

Very nice, but, just doesn't last long enough and the drydown is just another vanilla amber. I'm so bored with this

sort of reminds me of lamome, only not as sweet, minus the fruit and lamome is far less espensive and lasts a hell of a lot longer

mimikins24
mimikins24

For those members who have sampled or purchased Terry due Gunzburg scents, where do you order? I am in Canada and having difficulty finding them. Thanks!

Henriette
Henriette

It's like being transported to a century ago, when perfumes were opulent, rich, powdery, feminine.
This could well have been a scent of the roaring 1920es, on Zelda's neck, Francis Scott at her knees, jazz music all around.
I do not detect rose at all. No sweet notes either (I'm glad).
On my skin iris and violet are prominent. There's also a bitter background note that I love, as if Bandit were peeping out from Caron's Violette Precieuse shoulders.
There's a certain air that makes it similar to Guerlain's Vol de Nuit and the powdery note is reminiscent of Chanel n°5.
Very refined scent, very lovely, I'm not sure everybody will love it, many will find it a deja vu, yes, maybe. But it's not a bad deja vu, so why not trying it?
I blindly bought a bottle and I'm in love.

LittleMsCharming
LittleMsCharming

soft whispering iris, gentle powdery notes and flowers

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

Wow. There is yummy candy vibe going on that reminds me of the coating on Jordan Almonds. A very well behaved patchouli is so damn smooth it's insane. Blended they compliment each other. It's almost like a vanilla bean shake with a swirl of caramel. Rich, creamy and sweet with a little overcooked caramel adding just the right amount of burned boldness. This smells very seductive and opulent. If the chemicals were removed, this could be sold in the gourmet candy isle. Delicious with a capital D! Too bad all I got was a sample, this is going on my want list today!

arabrabsotrab
arabrabsotrab

Amazing juice of iris, violet, ambra, patchouly and more! Sweet seduction. Very feminine on the warm, dark side. Will go and buy it in an hour when shops open in Italy!!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Terry de Gunzburg Ombre Mercure fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Terry de Gunzburg Ombre Mercure, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ombre Mercure by Terry de Gunzburg. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ombre Mercure by Terry de Gunzburg represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.