Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Ombre Mercure Terry de Gunzburg for women

Ombre Mercure Terry de Gunzburg for women
dislike

Ombre Mercure Terry de Gunzburg for women Pictures

Five new fragrances: Rêve Opulent, Parti Pris, Lumière d'Epices, Ombre Mercure and Flagrant Délice.

After the successful cosmetics line By Terry, launched in 1998, the former creative director of Yves Saint Laurent and make-up artist Terry de Gunzburg finally enters the world of perfumery with five new high-quality fragrances of different character. These fragrances are named Rêve Opulent, Parti Pris, Lumière d'Epices, Ombre Mercure and Flagrant Délice.

The compositions are created by perfumers from Robertet Grasse: Jacques Fleury, Arthur Le Tourneur d'Ison, Karine Vinchon and Sidonie Lancesseur.

Ombre Mercure is a powdery scent of iris and violet.

The fragrances are available in bottles of 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum. Terry announces a collection of woody fragrances in 2013.

Ombre Mercure was launched in 2012. Ombre Mercure was created by Jacques Fleury, Arthur Le Tourneur d'Ison, Karine Vinchon Spehner and Sidonie Lancesseur.

Violet Leaf

iris Violet Orris Root Rose Ylang-Ylang Jasmine

Patchouli Benzoin Sandalwood Vanilla

The Library Collection Opus III

Ombre Mercure Fragrance Reviews

TerryM
TerryM

This is beautiful. Definite powdery, iris elements but the piece de résistance is in the dry down. Unbelievably warm, spicy amber vanilla. It is a delightful "blind buy" for me!

Eos
Eos

Ombre Mercure looked like a powder bomb from the notes but that is not what I found it to be when I wore it. To my nose this is the scent of sweet violet and sandalwood soap. It has that strange Aspertame note that sweet violet fragrance seem to manifest on my skin. Instead of going powdery, it is quite oriental but with an intense soapy streak. What iris there is in this composition was not able to fight it's way through for my nose to smell it. For me, this was an absolute scrubber.

bossontherun
bossontherun

Beautiful Iris - Amber like base perfume. Warm and delicate. I'm covered with the most delightful aroma which everybody ask about.

Creedo67
Creedo67

I sampled this on the back of my hand the other day, and first impressions are pretty favourable. This may be "marketed" at women, but I would happily wear it, especially out at night, for that added touch of sophisitication, or mystique ...

Perhaps there's nothing revolutionary about it, as some reviewers suggest, but to my untrained nose it seems like a very accomplished and alluring fragrance, with excellent projection and longevity.

Give it a whirl!!

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Egads, this is vile! It's like parma violets mixed with cough syrup, and that's no exaggeration.

Soapy, medicinal sweetness. If you want to scare a guy away, then this will do the job, for sure.

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

tried it, initially the blast was okay, then its just another vanilla plus flower scent. nothing remarkable nor memorable for me

Caramelle
Caramelle

Ombre Mercure is definitely in the same vein as
Mon Parfum Chéri by Annick Goutal for me; a powdery patchouli iris combo.Ombre is less dusty or vintage smelling in my opinion but even though neither is for me,I find Mon Parfum Chéri more intriguing.Ombre Mercure might be more generally likable,though.

I recommend sampling both if you care for either of these two.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

Very nice, but, just doesn't last long enough and the drydown is just another vanilla amber. I'm so bored with this

sort of reminds me of lamome, only not as sweet, minus the fruit and lamome is far less espensive and lasts a hell of a lot longer

mimikins24
mimikins24

For those members who have sampled or purchased Terry due Gunzburg scents, where do you order? I am in Canada and having difficulty finding them. Thanks!

Henriette
Henriette

It's like being transported to a century ago, when perfumes were opulent, rich, powdery, feminine.
This could well have been a scent of the roaring 1920es, on Zelda's neck, Francis Scott at her knees, jazz music all around.
I do not detect rose at all. No sweet notes either (I'm glad).
On my skin iris and violet are prominent. There's also a bitter background note that I love, as if Bandit were peeping out from Caron's Violette Precieuse shoulders.
There's a certain air that makes it similar to Guerlain's Vol de Nuit and the powdery note is reminiscent of Chanel n°5.
Very refined scent, very lovely, I'm not sure everybody will love it, many will find it a deja vu, yes, maybe. But it's not a bad deja vu, so why not trying it?
I blindly bought a bottle and I'm in love.

LittleMsCharming
LittleMsCharming

love! soft whispering iris, gentle powdery notes and flowers

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

Wow. There is yummy candy vibe going on that reminds me of the coating on Jordan Almonds. A very well behaved patchouli is so damn smooth it's insane. Blended they compliment each other. It's almost like a vanilla bean shake with a swirl of caramel. Rich, creamy and sweet with a little overcooked caramel adding just the right amount of burned boldness. This smells very seductive and opulent. If the chemicals were removed, this could be sold in the gourmet candy isle. Delicious with a capital D! Too bad all I got was a sample, this is going on my want list today!

arabrabsotrab
arabrabsotrab

Amazing juice of iris, violet, ambra, patchouly and more! Sweet seduction. Very feminine on the warm, dark side. Will go and buy it in an hour when shops open in Italy!!

suhaesa
suhaesa

i cant wait to smell this elegant perfume ..it looks so amazing ,the bottle is simply magnificent..and the color of the perfume reminds me of all my favourite scents..

Ombre Mercure by Terry de Gunzburg 4.15 out of 5 based on 73 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Terry de Gunzburg Ombre Mercure fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Terry de Gunzburg Ombre Mercure, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ombre Mercure by Terry de Gunzburg. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ombre Mercure by Terry de Gunzburg represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.