Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

dislike

almond
nutty
Fiore del Dragone Tesori d`Oriente for women Pictures

The Flower of the Dragon is a plant of rare beauty that grows in China and Southeast Asia. Its large white flowers, illuminated by the moon, give off an intense aroma of smooth, warm and enchanting oriental notes that vanishes at dawn.

It is available as 100 ml EDT, 300 ml body fluid, 300 ml body cream, 500 ml shower foam and 250 ml shower cream.

Almond Pitahaya Apricot

Guipure & Silk

Fiore del Dragone Fragrance Reviews

Solar Girl
Solar Girl

If you are looking for Hypnotic poison dupe, I wouldn't recommend this one. This especially goes for people who love and use the original and are very picky about the similarity. The difference is too obvious, and if you expect the same unfortunately that won't be the case.

Good sides are that this fragrance has excellent silage and longivity, as well as the whole composition that doesn't smell chemical or synthetic. So it is not a bad perfume. Just different.

The opening is very similar to HP. But after some time very prominent apricot and pitahaya boost and turn this otherwise lovely velvet scent into tropical-fruity one.

There are still almonds and vanilla, some sandalwood, but it is all disappearing under the fruit.

I guess that has something to do with the skin chemistry as well. If you can try it before buying, do so. However, the price is so affordable that even the disppointment won't be that bad.
Just be preraped for a bit different thing then the original Hypnotic poison.

mamehaviolette
mamehaviolette

This is indeed a Hypnotic Poison dupe. For its price it smells so expensive, elegant yet opulent and refined. But it is much lighter than HP. Sure, if you adore HP and you can't afford it, this is perfect and its lightness makes it more wearable. It could be even used as a day scent. I really like it because the composition is so gorgeous and high quality for its price, I can't complain :)

Crisu
Crisu

I am a HP lover but to me this doesn't smell like it.
All i can smell is alcohol and flowers.
Where is the vanilla?
I am glad that I wasted only 10$. I thought it will replace Hypnotic Poison, but it's not the case.
You should give it a try, but it's more like HP Sensuelle.

angelia.mariehawkins
angelia.mariehawkins

I cannot find it anywhere....am I missing it? I want to buy some! Help

hanson26
hanson26

This smells like a cross between the old Hypnotic Poison (before it became an awful, sharp, reformulation casualty) and Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle. It's lighter than HP, but more gourmand almond/vanilla than HPES. I already have the Eau Sensuelle, and I can't say this would replace that even though they are quite similar. HPES just has this floral quality that I love, where this is more almond cookies. But I love it!!! It's a yummy scent, and if you liked the old Hypnotic Poison you should really give this a try!

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

So there is no doubt about it this is a wonderful HP dupe as far as scents go but there are a few good points i must make in your make or break decision about if this is a dupe worthy purchase that is depending on what you are specifically looking for.. so i will give the pro's and cons:

Pro's: this is ten times more affordable then the regular HP so i would suggest anyone who wants to try HP but can't afford it get this just to try the scent in itself you won't be disappointed. Most people will not be able to tell the difference if this is HP or not.It start's out with the same creamy vanilla spiciness that's definitely seductive but then transforms into something sweeter which i still like.. i think a more linear vanilla then the fullness of the fuzzy vanilla spice we are accustomed to.If this is how Eau Sensuelle smells like i definitely want to get a bottle of that before you can't find it anywhere as we all know its been discontinued.Now the Con's.

Con's:I would consider this the body spray version of HP..meaning it just is not as strong as the older HP or even the newer HP and i believe last as long as the current HP which is short lived. It starts out smelling like HP but it changes which may or may not appeal to those who want the smell of the original HP to stay constant. To me it doesn't matter as long as i have it either way but with that in mind i would of preferred for it to keep it's seductive full body notes the whole way through but it's still not that bad i must say because i love the scent of HP so this is appealing to me and can be used more without caution. It is lighter than i would of liked for it to be so in that way it was a let down because from the reviews it seemed it would of given much more of an impact closer to the original HP but once again this is subjective and you may enjoy the lightness of this for work...i prefer the heaviness of HP..its just what i crave..also because this is an aerosol spray it will smell slightly like an aerosol with alcohol..and with all that said what should you expect from an aromatic spray..?just that and only that..so you get what you pay for..but still ok for the price and you can easily put it in your purse and take it on the go.You won't feel guilty using this.

Overall I love the scent but hoped for more..to find a cheaper dupe i think its great to have and just go crazy and spray it all over but don't get your hopes up thinking your going to get the full bodied diva that is the original non-reformulated HP..the best your getting here is her sisters close cousin..Very close indeed.. but no cigar.

perfumejunkie75
perfumejunkie75

I just received this as an auction I won on Ebay all the way from Croatia!!!
Right off I smell vanilla sweetness but with a hint of spice. It's not sickly sweet, it's more cozy, warm sweet. I do smell the hint of jasmine, musk, and a hint of amber as well. This is definitely winter for me.I also have HP, but I haven't compared the two. It was $21 so I couldn't pass it up. Really like this one alot. Glad I was able to find it relatively easily. I may snag another bottle if I come across it.

The almond reminds me of fragrances I love: Blanc, Farnesiana. But overall it's very very sheer and just a touch too sweet. Pretty, though, and nicely pastel, and it's cheap, so maybe that's the answer. Nice enough for daily wear and priced accordingly.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

Very nicely made with right amount of play doh feeling, i assume it's created by almonds. I really enjoyed testing this (thanks to our kind fragrantica user). It's pretty heavy with loads of vanilla and indeed very similar to HP however this gets more vanilla at the end and gets sweeter and sweeter. I also find similarity to Amour only Tesori is missing plastic vanilla note. But creaminess and general impression are the same. Lasting power of small dab was pretty impressing. I am definitely going to give it full wear try, it's worth it.

ramona.florea.79
ramona.florea.79

When I first discovered HP, I just fell in love with that unique flamboyant fragrance, so Dior-like. And then, I can not even remember where, I got the hint that FdD was a HP smell-alike and I said to myself, I can not let this slip my hands. So today, I bought one of this FdD wonders. The first impact is HP-ish. But then, it changes, it gets sweeter than I would prefer it to be, it turns into a vanilla top scent instead of a vanilla base scent and it gets kindda heavy and overwhelming, definetely unlike HP, which keeps its strong but constant scent up until the end. SO, FdD is nice, but not that nice..

muskfloral
muskfloral

Pretty alike HP, but with too much caraway at the beginning and with a sweaty and too sweetish note lingering after. Not for the real lovers of HP exactly. It is a nice fragrance by itself, but after 10 years of HP being my signature, I can tell every difference and that's a bit annoying. I'd recommend it to those who are yet to enter the HP world, though, because it's fine enough.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I like how this has more jasmine and wood and less coconuty sweetness than Dior Hypnotic Poison. It makes it less suffocating for everyday wear although, don't get me wrong, the coconut in HP makes it smell so sexy and naughty. I cannot decide which I like better to be honest.

They are still extremely similar to my nose and this is a good substitute as I understand it is also more affordable.

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

OK, this is quite a lot of text (sorry) but I will look at the fragrance Fiore del Dragone and the 'dupe factor' separately. :)

THE FRAGRANCE:
Fiore del Dragone starts off with a blast of sweet and spicy (!) almonds and a hint of juicy fruitiness.
I can definitely smell the soft apricot, but the dragon fruit is a no-show on my skin.
Once the top notes have settled I am surrounded by the soft, woody, creamy, yet slightly powdery smell of sandalwood.
The almond note is still there and adds a touch of gourmand sweetness to the softly oriental sandalwood.
As time passes a lovely floral note becomes more apparent; yet almond and sandalwood stay strong!
As the fragrance develops further the soft vanilla note becomes more prominent.
Along with the vanilla comes a warm and very resinous, almost crumbly, amber accord that seems to connect all the notes.
In the late drydown I am left with a gorgeous scent of a slighly spicy vanilla-almond-milk.
(The next morning I woke up with the most gorgeous scent of vanilla milk-shake in my hair.)

On my skin, the notes that come out as the most intense ones are almond, sandalwood (powdery at first, very milky later), vanilla, amber and a soft and sensual white flower accord.

Longevity and sillage are definitely above average.
As little as 3 sprays of Fiore del Dragone last a good couple of hours (and forever on clothes) and surround me with a very pleasant scent cloud.
I catch a blast of my own fragrance whenever I turn my head - to me, this is priceless.

THE 'DUPE':
While I cannot wear Dior's Hypnotic Poison (the coconut does not at all agree with my skin), I enjoy Fiore del Dragone very much!
But I agree with what has been said before - it is a great dupe for HP.
On my skin, FdD is more on the oriental-woody-floral side, while HP is more gourmand and a tad sweeter.
So it is not 100% the same but with fragrances developing differently on different skin types (and mingling with the scents of body lotions and shampoos) - who, apart from people who wear HP or FdD as their signature, could really tell you are not wearing HP?
A random stranger passing by would not think "smells like HP, but isn't", but "ah, I smell HP".
Fiore del Dragone does not have any weird or chemical smells to it that would identify the fragrance as a cheapie.
I think it is actually really well done!

I recommend a thorough test of this fragrance - Fiore del Dragone is surely something that many women would enjoy if they knew it existed.

Marianina*
Marianina*

I bought this out of curiosity,to see whether it is similar to HP or not.It's really cheap so I gave it a try.well..H.Poison being my signature,I can tell the difference. Every time I wore it everyone was asking me if it's HP and no one could say it wasn't. Therefore I recommend it to whoever likes HP but doesn't want to spend a lot of money on it,and wants it for everyday etc,but real HP lovers should remain to the original perfume.The difference I can tell for sure is that Hypnotic Poison is sweeter whereas Fiore del Dragone has more of an alcohol scent.

CozyCat
CozyCat

I highly recommend this to lovers of HP who desire for a more 'casual' or versatile version of it. Fiore del Dragone is quite strong with good sillage, but is more linear and not as heavy as HP. It is VERY budget friendly (the best part) however, and overall a very good re-interpretation of HP that is more suitable for everyday wear.

octobersun
octobersun

Yes, top notes are very similar to HP - I almost thought it was Hypnotic repacked, but after very few minutes, it goes it's own way.
In fact, this is very pretty oriental - milder, smoother and more floral than HP, definitely very enjoyable.
Nice, really nice!

citadel
citadel

Not quite a dupe, since they are slightly different, but still easily passable for dior's HP. The vanilla comes out very early in HP, but this has a stronger blast of spices (carraway?). Its sillage is stronger, as well. I will still repurchase HP but will only use for formal events--otherwise, this will definitely do the trick. If you are a daily HP wearer I would recommend this in a heartbeat as a way to keep the costs down.

Abby1970
Abby1970

I really, really want this one so badly. Does anyone know where I can purchase this in the UK???

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

I finally got my hands on a bottle of this by buying from another fragrantica member :) . It is avail in the UK if you order from an Italian website , the price is good but the shipping costs more than the actual fume !

As already noted by many members it does smell just like HP , but not as complex. However , for the price it is more than worth it and its THE best HP dupe Ive smelt.

Its a shame the original HP has been reformulated into a weak shadow if its former self. I'm not alone in noticing the quality of Dior's perfumes has gone downhill. I refuse to buy HP new now, if it was as strong as it was a few years ago , i wouldn't mind paying the £50/30ml... However , HP is weak and doesn't last . It feels like Dior have "watered it down" . Not good considering the prices they charge.

I used my last bit of HP up recently , so the solution for me will be to get a "pre reform" bottle on ebay , use the HP as a base scent and use "Fiore Del Dragone" to top the scent up throughout the day. Its inexpensive enough to spray all over !! :) FDD also comes in a sleek metal canister , so no spills or breakages to worry about.

FDD - The sillage and longevity isn't that great on my skin , but FDD performs no worse than the "real" HP . For the price its a keeper !

I'm a (in)famous hater of original HP so you guess what I felt when I sniffed Fiore del Dragone...
I mean, from the bottle it smells exactly like HP but less complicated. The similarity is so strong that a friend of mine wearing this one from drugstore for 6 euro gets complimented everytime for her HP :-)
It may change on skin, but unfortunately I cannot relate because I didn't dare spraying a HP dupe on my skin!
a good job for HP lovers

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

i confirm, it smells e-x-a-c-t-l-y like HP from Dior.
nothing else to say here. it lasts superbe, has great sillage and the price can't be beaten!!! buy it :)

ralucucky
ralucucky

On my skin, there's no similarity to HP. Less complex, more soapy, no lasting power.

Bandit
Bandit

Rofl.

This is the "Pimp my Hype" perfume! As a Hypnotic fan you absolutely must buy this and pimp the weak Hypnotic Poison (I find the recent formulation very weak) by using Dragone e.g. on your body, while spraying the original Hypnotic at your décolleté.

Or you only buy Dragone, that'll do the trick as well.

Rofl again.

soonflower
soonflower

Less complex than Dior's HP, but everytime I wear it people think it's HP. Lasting power is great.
In my country Tesori's fragrances are very cheap so why not to try them.

blueberry
blueberry

Confirmed similiarity to Hypnotic Poison. Nice, wintertime sweet floriental but I detect some rubber-ish note that tends to annoy me a little bit, but still the effect is not ruined. The whole family of TdO seems to last on me pretty long time. I like the fact that the aluminium bottle is so light that there's no problem to carry the 100ml fragrance in a handbag.

Mad-Lainey

Oh, Action!!! It is the one you can so easily get addicted to, no doubt :-)
And one more good thing about Dragone, as if there weren't enough good things mentioned already :-) is that it will never break as the bottle is made of sleek steel!!!! It will keep my perfume cold and fresh yet it will never break - so it is a perfect travel companion :-)
Worth trying, Ladies!!!!
x

You are right Mad-Lainey! Now that my backup is gone too (;-)) I will start looking for some backup's again!!
:-)
Enjoy my sweetheart!

Mad-Lainey

Fiore Del Dragone is a marvel!!!
The opening and heart has a lot in common with Hypnotic Poison but just as Action mentioned - it is a bit more tropical. I have never smelled pitaya but FDD smells softer than Hypnotic, it is not as powerful.
I truly enjoy every minute of it - it is so delicious, yet not quite totally gourmand fragrance. I wish there was a comprehensive notes description. My nose picks almond note, jasmine (or a powerful white floral note), hint of vanilla and a tiny slice of bergamot.
If this is how Dragon Flower smells in reality - then I am on the next flight to China to smell it for myself!!!!!
Truly wonderful fragrance with a great staying power and a very decent sillage.
I am getting myself few more bottles - you never know when it will become discontinued :-)

I just wanted to say, that in my opinion this is a bit more a tropical interpretation than the regular Hypnotic. The pitaya gives it more a tropical fruit effect than the coconut in Hypnotic. I do not really consider it a more simple perfume, it has indeed amazing staying power. It is just our luck that we can obtain it more easily.

sistertricked
sistertricked

I am wearing this today. Well, I can see where the similarities with Hypnotic Poison come from, but: I have my sister-in-law and a colleague at work wearing HP, so I think I know how HP smells. If it is for the vanilla inside, I agree, but Fiore del Dragone definitely resembles more Karan's Cashmere Mist, trust me, or try it.
If you want a perfect copy of HP, try the COMIN brand in supermarkets, the scent is called Exotic. It is practically the same.
Anyway, F del D is a cozy and carefree vanilla scent good for everyday use and I am glad to own it.

roseau
roseau

Notes: Almond, Apricot, Pitaya
Jasmine, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Musk and Amber.
A bit more linear and tender in the drydown than HP Dior. But it works quite good as everyday frag.

vertigo
vertigo

Agreed with everybody - Hypnotic Poison (good) copy.
But no one mentioned that it has really BIG sillage and staying power!
The scent is more linear than HP, as it dries down it gets sweeter and milkier, and of course doesn't have that complexity of the original.

guest_Noirane
guest_Noirane

This is hypnotic poisons little admirer! I know it may be almost the same but so what? dont get me wrong but it is available also at a pretty good price.... :P

Hello Hypnotic and thank you for being so lovely!!
I have it now thanks to my lovely lovely friend Amarilia!!!

winx61
winx61

If you love Hypnotic Poison you like this one...

allexa27
allexa27

This smells like Hypnotic Poison by Dior

Fiore del Dragone by Tesori d`Oriente 3.87 out of 5 based on 158 ratings and 36 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tesori d`Oriente Fiore del Dragone fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Tesori d`Oriente Fiore del Dragone, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fiore del Dragone by Tesori d`Oriente. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fiore del Dragone by Tesori d`Oriente represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.