Designers » T-Z » Oriental « Groups

Activist The Body Shop for men

Activist The Body Shop for men
dislike

Activist The Body Shop for men Pictures Activist The Body Shop for men Pictures Activist The Body Shop for men Pictures

Activist by The Body Shop is a Oriental fragrance for men. Activist was launched in 1995. The fragrance features green grass, spices, amber, citruses and woodsy notes.

Green Grass Spices Amber Citruses Woodsy Notes

Play It Spicy

Activist Fragrance Reviews

skidoo
skidoo

Would choose this over Kistna any day. Smells very sweet that I almost mistook it for a woman's fragrance. It also lasts a few minutes longer than Kistna. Overall I think it's something that a chill yet fun guy would wear.

landshark321
landshark321

Spicy and sweet, Activist is a welcome part of The Body Shop's men's line. I get vanilla, black pepper, and amber mostly. I don't get a green vibe, nor do I smell any citrus, though it's possible that the citrus simply fades very quickly. There's not much evolution--it opens brighter, and dries down to something softer.

Projection and longevity aren't much to speak of, as it's a very light EDT concentration, but this makes for a pleasant light cold weather scent to be applied in informal situations.

I liken it to C.O. Bigelow's Elixir Black, although Activist is somewhat sweeter and has a less alcoholic scent. I liked the Antaeus comparison as well, though the sheer strength difference makes it difficult to compare, and Activist is much sweeter than Antaeus.

At $28 for 100ml, and often on sale, Activist is a great item to have in your rotation for casual and daytime light wear during the colder months, for which I believe it is best-suited. The scent is pleasant--it's fun to smell while it lasts.

7 out of 10

Dark-X
Dark-X

One of the few spicy, energetic smells.

Not a very unique smell but it definitely is a pleasuring smell to wear.

Fresh, spicy, & little green.

This one is for the fresh & sport fragrances fans.

theo.sudarja
theo.sudarja

Always want to add this spice to my collection. For me this is spice, and balsamic. Very sweet, too sweet for me to be honest.

Jleefromtheblock
Jleefromtheblock

Pleasant enough as day wear, seems to be the only body shop fragrance that lasts on my skin,

slym
slym

I had tested this one, and at first was very impressed, the woodsy and amber scent really stood out, however as the day progressed it really died down and didn't stick around on my skin.

The second time I tested this, I was disappointed, as I had remembered I really liked it the first time but the second time when I was deciding to buy it was weak and turned me off of buying it.

overall it is a pleasant scent but just not for me.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I've had a bit of a thing for the Body Shop lately. They keep bombarding me with discounts, and i've fallen into the trap. Working through the men's fragrances, I quite liked Arber and White Musk, positively loathed Kistna, but Activist I utterly love! It's not a fragrance that develops on the skin, the initial spray remains unaltered on my skin for a good five hours. A warm mix of Amber, Spice, Wood and an almost minty note, it is very pleasant, great for work. It is very unique, I don't know that this reminds me of anything, the reviewer that compares it to Million sorry I don't get that in the slightest. For the price there is no reason not to have this in your collection. A real gem!!

sonia.kassambara
sonia.kassambara

I used to work at TBS in my early 20s and would mix this oil with Juba, which smells a lot like Calyx by Prescriptives. I now use the cologne, which smells like citrus and woods, with very few middle notes or "meat" in between. The notes here aren't very descriptive; I remember the original notes definitely including hay, several citrus fruits, and perhaps tobacco and sandalwood. It smells like a young callow man trying to smell like his grandfather! It's not refined but is pleasant and has good intentions--quality notes that I don't think are done very thoughtfully.

Do I like it? Yes! As a woman that wants to smell different from the mainstream, this suits me when I am wearing leather and/or spending time outside. In fact, I went camping this weekend, and this smelled divine with the wood smoke and sunshine. Another woman spritzed some on too--it smelled natural so blended with the other scents around us. I would definitely advise people to spray (and wait) before buying.

hendra777
hendra777

This is very nice perfume from Body Shop, I can feel calmness in it. It started mild fresh then it drydown to little bit sweet aromatic. Its very nice to wear in the morning before you go to office.

I think it reminds me of a lighter version of Joop Homme. Bitterly sweet medicinal, very oriental, amber. Not my cuppa tea either but I just received one as a holiday gift set this '13 holidays. Possibly be a re-gift item for next year.

Ovamka
Ovamka

Went to a Bodyshop after reading the reviews here. Tried it on and this is one of the most repulsive scents I've ever tried on.

Reminds me of One Million which I detest as well.

Repugnant.

gd15329
gd15329

A very very nice fragrance (amber- blackberry -spicy - wood) for it's price, definitely noticeable in a good way, more winter type of frag. but if you go light on the trigger you can pull it of at a summer night.
I agree (totally) with 'mastersofstyle': "A gorgeous oriental with niche level ambition."

saurabhjodhani
saurabhjodhani

If you really like super amber-ry fragrance then Activist is for you. The longevity is close to 6-8 hours on my skin and the sillage is soft for me. I wear this in monsoons (rainy season in India) and winters. The opening has lot of spice and a unique green grassy feeling. Its a very unique fragrance with loads of amber which makes it a cool weather fragrance but one can surely pull this off in an air-conditioned office through out the year. One thing to be noted here is that my nose does not get any citruses here.

insectatribe01
insectatribe01

Nice warm, spicy amber feel to this frag, but at the same time its got a freshness to it on top of that, grassy with hints of citrus (not sweet to me at all though). Lasts a decent amount of time too, on me about 5-6hrs.
I'd say get it if you can, inoffensive and for the price point it's hard to go wrong!

florence.lee
florence.lee

I was assailed by its top notes of lavender, patchouli and citruses. Fell in love with the bit of paper it was tested on. Bought it on impulse the next day, sprayed myself with it and all i got was a bloody headache from the saccharine bug-spray-and-spoiled-root-beer concoction. Totally noxious; nothing fresh, sensual or uplifting about it except for the first two minutes of volatile citrus woodsiness. I noticed it got increasingly balmy, a cloyingly sweet Sarsi(the fizzy drink)+Chinese herbal ointment odor the minute I walked into the sun or started sweating (I live in Singapore by the way, it's summer all year) A total waste of money. Spent about 3 more months on the shelf before I gave it to some jerk i once dated as a lethal parting gift, haha!

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

It’s not often you see a fragrance with such consistent positive responses, but Activist is one of those. And incredibly priced as well – in a good way. I purchased mine for about 20$.

The notes on The Body Shop’s website are different than the ones listed here, but I don’t get those notes on that page. I mostly get what’s listed here on this page. So, I don’t know about the discrepancy, but I get a linear fragrance that is mainly composed of amber, spices, and a wood mixture. I can smell the citrus initially, but they don’t make up a big part of the fragrance.

Activist is a very warm fragrance. It seems to be a heavy scent, but it somehow remains lighter than what you might think. The amber gives it a very smooth and velvety feel. The scent itself is very nice.

Overall, what reason is there not to own this? None whatsoever. It’s incredibly inexpensive, and the scent itself is terrific. The longevity is easily over 12 hours. I can’t recommend this enough.

leecher88
leecher88

I Love it its a very good sensual plum fragrance

mmmm yummy yummy but not cloying !

Andthe price tag is unbeatable 22 bucks 100ml inclusive shipping !!!

Similar Fragrances You could like/love are
- Kapsule Woody Lagerfeld
- Frapin 1270

shoulderpet
shoulderpet

Im going to be one to buck the trend and say I dislike this, tried some and yes it does smell spicy but for a mans fragrance it does smell very feminine (there is a sweet fruitiness to the scent) which is unfortunate as this fragrance really does last a long time and so is good value for money. I think on a lady I would probably like this fragrance (in moderation) but as a mans fragrance there is nothing here for me to recommend

UPDATE 12/01/16 : Have done a complete 360 on my opinion of this scent, whilst I initially found it too sweet it has really grown on me and it does not seem nearly as sweet as I first recall. Maybe with all the current sweet mens scents my nose has grown accustomed to sweeter fragrances.
Since having grown fond of Opium pour homme I have a real fondness for spicy, warm scents and this fits that niche perfectly, a real warm cozy fragrance

carlsx
carlsx

This is a lovely fragrance, nice and masculine but at first smells like alcohol to me.

DirtySyndrome80
DirtySyndrome80

I am totally love this fragrance. I think it similar to Lapidus Pour Homme but this frag is less powdery compare to lapidus..

aristocrat
aristocrat

This is a real "get up and go fragrance"... Very aptly named I think. Love the name, love the very reasonable price, LOVE the cool clean peppery blast that comes from the first skin contact. HATE the bottle it comes in! So ugly and cheap. For this reason I've barred it from joining my fragrance collection!! Lol.

JohnMc
JohnMc

A favourite of one of my sister's and a familiar fragrance visually over the years; you know the one that seems to be in lots of friends and family members' bathrooms and in the store-fronts, but you've never taken the time to actually smell it and drink in the notes, feelings and sensations? I tried 'Activist' today and have to say that the first thing that hit me was the relative quality in terms of price. If you're on a budget and want a decent offering as opposed to some low-price generic fare (as seen in a multitude of drug stores), Activist won't disappoint. The second major thing (apart from the very pleasant effects I experienced) was it's relation to 'Opium Pour Homme' by YSL.

I've read other reviewers references to 'Antaeus' by Chanel and their perceptions that the two are similar, if not directly, then in general terms. I have Antaeus and I have to say that the powerhouse characteristics it has are not shared with Activist. Rather, it shares a lineage with Opium PH in terms of its oriental characteristics, richness and body. If you couldn't afford Opium PH, Activist would be a more than adequate lesser alternative. Enjoy!

MunkMink5
MunkMink5

i love the spices in the perfume...

Cester
Cester

i really think this smells like burberry london!

It's nice, fresh, a bit warm, and distinctive. It's masculine and a bit seductive. It's very similar to Noir for Men by Bath & Body Work. I agree White Musk for Men is the best thing from the Body Shop! :)

Invocati
Invocati

Unique, minty and masculine.
I like it.

maude
maude

I bought this for my guy a couples years ago and it's still one of his and my favourite it smells soooo good on him. he gets compliment on it all the time and the price is also really good

eustacia42
eustacia42

I used to wear this ALL THE TIME in college (I'm female). Not sure if I would wear it now. But boy, I loved this fragrance.

desmondorama
desmondorama

I have to agree with thomkallor - it's a version of ANTAEUS by CHANEL!

I enjoyed wearing it at the time of it's release, but I've moved on.

thomkallor
thomkallor

Don't remember how I got this, but it was rather a while ago, in a cute gift set with a deo stick and in a metal toiletries bucket which I still have. Inoffensive and sweetish green fragrance with a nice mild bite...perhaps a distant cousin to Chanel's ANTAEUS. Decent sillage and earned me a few compliments. Not too sure it's still around, but a very nice and masculine scent, especially considering the price point.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about The Body Shop Activist fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about The Body Shop Activist, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Activist by The Body Shop. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Activist by The Body Shop represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.