Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

Ananya Perfume Oil The Body Shop for women

Ananya Perfume Oil The Body Shop for women
dislike

yellow floral

Ananya Perfume Oil by The Body Shop is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Top notes are bergamot, peach, melon, coconut and violet; middle notes are jasmine, rose, freesia, tuberose and ylang-ylang; base notes are sandalwood, cedar, vanilla and musk.

Bergamot Peach Melon Coconut Violet

Jasmine Rose Freesia Tuberose Ylang-Ylang

Sandalwood Cedar Vanilla Musk

273 Rodeo Drive
No Regrets

Ananya Perfume Oil Fragrance Reviews

lmlovespapa

my oh my .....this is DAMN good stuff, and YES it is identical to Revlon's Outrageous shmapoo "which I freaking LOVE, this will be in heavy rotation from here on out

lmlovespapa

does anybody have this....if so pm me I'd love to know where to get some of this.

sofababe
sofababe

I used to wear and love Ananya EDT back in the 90s, and when I saw that The Body Shop brought it back I grabbed a bottle immediately, for nostalgia's sake as much as anything else but one little spray and I knew instantly why I had worn it so often, and gone through so many bottles back then!! It's simply amazing. Powerful, sweet but not sugary, womanly, not girly and the memories it brings back....Wow!!!

Thank you Body Shop for bringing this beauty back, I think I'm going to need a back up. Or two, or three!!

katieathens
katieathens

I was in high school when I first purchased ananya(edt). I was a big fan. I think back then there where mainly two "teams": the fans of "white musk" and us the fans of Ananya! The smell was amazing- specifically a note, that I could not distinguish of course as a teenager (who barely knew anything about parfumes). A few years later my cousin gave me her versace blonde edt because she didn't like it that much. The smell reminded me of something, but I could not tell what exactly! Today I sprayed on this very bottle of vesace blonde (yes I still have it and still smells amazing!) and...bang I finally got it! Ananya!!! It is that tuberose note they both share that makes them similar to my nose!!!!

professorlilith
professorlilith

I have a bottle of the original perfume oil. It 's a gorgeous but very powerful scent. I almost always layer it on top of a sweet pea perfume oil or over my Body Shop vanilla perfume oil. Somehow adding either of these calms it down--it's still an intense fragrance, but it stops tickling my nose. I don't have any pure sandalwood oil, but I bet that would also be great underneath Ananya. All the original Body Shop perfume oils were marketed as tools to build your own scent by mixing and matching them on your skin or in a bottle of lotion, so if you have any of them I'd encourage you to try layering it with other things.

acidrain
acidrain

They already released the EDT of the perfume ,I wor it for the 1st time in 2005 (the old bottle) it is such fab

thejasmine13
thejasmine13

Ananya perfume oil is my absolute favourite fragrance ever! My Mum used to wear it and gave me the perfume stick in my Christmas stocking when I was about 12 so it has many happy associations for me. She gave me the oil and eau de toilette last last Christmas and I love it even more as an adult. People always comment on how nice I smell and ask what it is when I wear it. My physio said it was "A yummy smell". I love it because it's fruity and yes, yummy, but not in a food way (although I love that too!) It last really well and is appropriate for every possible occasion and season. It's just so hard to get hold of! It seems to come back once every few years here and then disappear again. If anyone knows where I can find it from New Zealand let me know!

suhaesa
suhaesa

i used to use ananya oil for potpourri.. and to burn in the house with a candle oil burner ..15 years ago.. i loved the smell ..but i never thought i could take it in as a body perfume..recently i went to body shop and there was a purple plastic 100 ml that said ananya body mist.. and it was on sale.. half price.. so i got it.. and to my surprise it was still wonderful.. it still smells the same.. in this ever changing world of perfumes we live in..
maybe now that i'm older.. i can take heavier scents.. i still can't wear it regularly.. i still didnt use it even once.. i just spray it as a room spray.. and i still smell wonderful ..but those who can take such accords ..it smells divine.. it smells like the sent of burning candles ..its warm.. seuale ..powdery.. stange floraly.. woodsy.. its a unique characteristic.. scent perfect for winter nights.. and its a perfume that everyone will notice u in.. its so characteristic.. it could easily be a signature scent.. it smells like when you walk into an exotic flower shop with candles ..its waxy ..sweet.. a bit cloying ..too many strong flowers.. ylang ylang.. jasmine.. fresia.. violet.. tuberose.. rose.. a luscious garden.. layered with vanilla.. musk.. sandalwood.. coconut.. with top notes of juicy.. succulent.. peach.. melon.. and crisp bergamot.. thats hardly there.. but just envelops and freshens the whole composition..its a perfume of the garden of eve.. truly an exotic scent.. out of this world..everlasting ..
ananya means selfish in arabic.. and i think this perfume is selfish.. for its so strong.. and will take over everything else.. its so strong ..unique.. and confident ..and in your face.. does not hide or shy away..

whitney.mccrummorrison
whitney.mccrummorrison

This is probably the best scent I've smelled for my body chemistry. On me it was very warm and slightly sweet. Unfortunately I wore it during the most difficult time of my life. I want to reclaim it, but in just not sure.

I got the EdT yesterday and it's such inexpensive fun. The lasting power is good. It stays on until the next day. It's an interesting and strong floral scent that draws on the white and yellow florals, so it's not like a bunch of flowers but more like assorted flowers, if you know what I mean :-) It has an innocent and powdery touch to it. I like it much :-)

Clicquot
Clicquot

I still have a bottle that I bought in the late 90's. I looove it but it's not an every day scent for me. @Perfumedsecrets, yes I remember Revlon Outrageous shampoo!! Oh gosh, it smelled fantastic and was totally a dead ringer for TBS Ananya!

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

It so reminds me of my teenage years!I still wear it and i always get compliments about it!!

wmk
wmk

I've found discontinued ananya in edt,body mist,perfume oil as well as other discontinued TBSperfume,there might be a chance for you to get one of your fav.perfume...k-boutique-147.blogspot.com

lolitajade
lolitajade

What came first? Ananya or 273?

Bought 273 blind, based on the reviews here and a good deal on Ebay.

I thought I know this scent!!

Ananya is soooooo sort after, as discontinued in the UK and I thought completely bespoke. Buy yourself a bottle of 273 to compromise. Very strong on first spraying and wont smell like Ananya but wait 5 or 10 minutes and ' Hey Presto'

karaaslang
karaaslang

I got this on sale today with the shower gel, I paid around 25 dollars for both products. eau de toilette and the shower gel. it is very complex, purely floral and there is something innocent with it.

LaGari
LaGari

This is a review for the EDT:

First time I tried it was on a piece of paper. I was blown away. It was the strongest of all the body shop fragrances. I loved the smell and found it so unique so I bought it.
Next day, I sorayed it on my arm. And I felt repelled. I kept smelling it again and again, including the spray on my shirt thinking 'why am I smelling this way?!'.
Maybe it's skin chemistry, but what I also know now is that I really don't like violet! It surprised me how I can love ananya one day and not tolerate it the next. Other perfumes I tested before this must have altered my sense of smell, that's the best reason I can think of.
Too bad, because when I smell it I still find something so divine but at the same time a smell that's just too much for me to take.

The good thing about this is its projection and longevity. Its excellent really.

Anyone want to trade just PM me.

ION
ION

I haven't tried the oil but the 'eau de toilette' is not added in the database and I presume they should be quite similar.

"Ananya" is Body Shop's interpretation of "Loulou"!
It is lighter, less complex but it does last well and the heady floral character with the unique seductive ability is still here, so for some people this could as well be, a more valid (or contemporary) alternative.
I can smell apple in the beginning and I like it enough..
When it comes to perfumes, this is one of The Body Shop's best offerings (no, we haven't forgotten "Oceanic").
I think there is also a body milk and a shower gel with the same smell (well not exactly the same but close enough) while the prices when compared to the big names seem equite advantageous!
Just like "Loulou", the colours of sky blue and purple blue are dominant again.

Shelly24
Shelly24

I love Ananya Oil by the Body Shop. I was very dispappointed to learn that they stop selling it. How could they, when it was a good seller.
I wore this in the "90's". I use to drown myself in it. I couldn't get enough.

I read that the Body Shop is selling this again? Pleae tell me when?

Red Rose
Red Rose

This scent is coming back this month. I used to have it when I was at college. It's sweet,fresh,warm & innocent. I had the perfume & a large bar of soap with the same scent. It's one of Body Shop most beautiful scents & one of best sellers too. I remember when I was bathing with the soap, the beautiful flowery aroma surrounded me & I didn't want really to finish bathing with the charming scent. I guess they have it now with shower gel not soap bar along with body lotion,perfume & body mist.

AnyaV
AnyaV

I bought this perfume only because Ananya is my name. I really want to love it but it's just impossible. It's not like I hate it but this perfume is not for me because it's overwhelmingly coconut-y. To my surprise, it has many notes that are my favorites when used in other perfumes or toiletries. Rose, Jasmine, Ylang Ylang, Vanilla and Sandalwood are my HG notes but I can't get over the coconut. It's a better version of virgin coconut oil.

Everytime I wear it, I'm reminded of an Indian woman in Red Saree with polished hairdo who uses Jasmine to decorate her hair. And ofcouse, she uses coconut oil to moisture her hair. (A well-known Indian regimen.) She just had a visit to the temple and has the smell of rose and incense lingering on her body. She is beautiful, charming and exotic. ....only if she din't use that coconut oil on her hair.

I got a second bottle anyway..Well, its my name! But its left on the shelf...untouched.

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

Yesterday I've found this line again at the body shop!!! It's back here in Italy, with a new packaging and it's unmistakable scent! I used to wear the body mist (very intense and long lasting!) in the autumn of my 15 years, but then they discontinued this fragrance...yesterday, when I sniffed it again, I felt the wind of that autumn on my skin; I relived the walks with my best friend, the trip to the south of Italy, the tree-lined streets with leaves that were beginning to yellow; the day of October in which there was an eclipse of the sun, and the sky of Rome had that sweet and melancholy light... Ananya was the perfect scent for those moments! It's a scent full of character, a warm and velvety floriental fragrance. I can maybe find some similarities with Avon Faraway (they both have notes of peach, jasmine, freesia, vanilla and musk, that I can notice very well on my skin), but this is more mature and intense, somehow "darker". I find it perfect in all the seasons, expecially in the body mist form, a little less heavy than the eau de toilette, but still very noticeable and long lasting on my skin.

geekweevil
geekweevil

This reminds me of a fruiter version of Rumba. I prefer Rumba!

angelyalia
angelyalia

I only just realised that I have this! My dad bought it for me just a few years ago before I moved states.

It's such a warm luxureous fragrance. I either use it when I am going to out for a day at the beach -it really lasts and lasts and lasts this one- or I dab on a bit in the evening on one of those hot and humid Queensland nights and the next morning it's still there just as strong.

I don't know what it is about this scent but everything about it seems to scream tropics at me. Makes me think of sunset on a tropical beach with palm trees and white sands, time for a Pina-Colada I think!

lillybee
lillybee

@Sherihan, The Body Shop has brought back a number of editions as part of their vintage range from the seventies so the Ananya product line (or part of it) is available in stores at the moment. I don't know for how long though...

chance25
chance25

Ananya has a been baking in the sun warmth to it. I smell the horizon, the breeze the warm sun when I sniff this. On the flipside it smells great with a heavy jacket and snow boots. It smells like bananas, flowers, and chapstick. I'm as smitten by this scent at 33 as I was at 19. I have it in the oil.

asmahtp
asmahtp

i wear Ananya 12 years ago, and still love it. i love it from top notes to base notes... it's cheap but priceless

soulflwr
soulflwr

I love this scent. It smells grown up, down to earth, comfortable...just wonderful. ESPECIALLY when I mix it with the Mango body butter!

arladanielle
arladanielle

The Bath line is better than the oil perfume. The pretty scent lingers and relaxes the mind and just puts me to sleep. My kids love to snuggle close when i use this. They say I smell delicious!

Fairylight7
Fairylight7

It's high school in the 1990's all over again! Gorgeous floral that's not just for teens. A joy to rediscover.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

Does anyone remember the Revlon shampoo Outrageous? It smells exactly like it! Incredible... Not a fruity floral scent, I loved the smell of that line. It's been gone for years and Ananya instantly brought me back. Since the founder of The Body Shop has passed away, a lot of changes have gone on within the company. They've discontinued this fragrance but you can still find it online sometimes. I still have an almost full bottle that I adore and I'll keep it forever just for the memories. There's nothing like this right now that is widely available. It's a shame that the brand has gone in a different direction.

golden
golden

Used to wear this one and i do remember liking it!?? Must try it on again to see if i still like it. It was different quite strong and long lasting oriental springs to mind when i think of this.

Ananya Perfume Oil by The Body Shop 3.97 out of 5 based on 143 ratings and 31 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about The Body Shop Ananya Perfume Oil fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about The Body Shop Ananya Perfume Oil, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ananya Perfume Oil by The Body Shop. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ananya Perfume Oil by The Body Shop represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.