Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Atlas Mountain Rose The Body Shop for women

Atlas Mountain Rose The Body Shop for women
dislike

The house of The Body Shop has presented in 2012 its new collection called Scents of The World, which includes 5 EDTs composed of 100% organic alcohol and natural extracts collected from various parts of the world. Atlas Mountain Rose provides timeless, refreshing blend of citruses, rose, musk and amber.

The fragrances are available as 50ml EDT in glass flacons, accompanied by perfumed body care collection (100ml fragrance mist, 200ml body lotion, 200ml shower gel, 15ml perfume oil). The perfumes hit the shelves in August 2012.

Citruses Rose Musk Amber

Moroccan Rose
Rose Fraiche
Chloe Roses De Chloe

Atlas Mountain Rose Fragrance Reviews

babypink_fairish
babypink_fairish

The rose smells wonderful. I couldn't stop sniffing myself when I sprayed this - until the rose resides and the other notes came in, which was just regular. But the roses! I would love something that smells like the how the roses smell on the first spray.
I wish the top notes had stayed throughout.

Luminan
Luminan

For a rose fragrance, this is awesome. For me it smells like sugary roses.
I usually don't like just rose fragrances. This one Was a nice surprise. I have just a little Bottle, planning on buing it in fullsize. I recommend if you like rose fragrances And even if you don't, you might like it :)

dsty
dsty

Atlas Mountain Rose is very nice: a lovely straightforward rose scent that's kept from being boring by just the right amount of extra notes. It's a very natural, fresh, dewy rose at heart, coated in the added juicy sweetness of citrus and amber and soft musk. Those notes enhance the rose scent in a lovely, subtle way: they make it a bit syrupy, almost candied even, but without making it any less fresh or becoming too dominant or even recognisable themselves. It's not especially sophisticated, it doesn't change much throughout its life span, but it does one thing very well: it's really all about the rose, and it's so delicious.

I was looking for a basic but interesting rose perfume, and this one definitely qualifies. I don't think I'm done experimenting with the many different incarnations and combinations of rose in fragrance, but when it comes to pure rose I'd be surprised to find one I like better than this, especially at this price!

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

with the overwhelming amount of comparisons to chloe de roses, i just had to do a side by side smell test and see if the chloe was worth investing in. i have to say i will agree to disagree with the above votes. teh chloe is much more light, fresh and green version of roses. tbs atlas roses is more on the ambery, sweet, syrupy side of roses, more like the stella mccartney version. i prefer teh latter group and so i will not be investing in the chloe. another deciding factor for me is longevity and the chloe was so weak, sadly. my skin just ate it up, while atlas rose endured. i will be using the rest of my chloe sample sprayed on my clothes which keeps perfume longer than skin..but after that will be sticking with my atlas rose.

darcy2

I happened upon this at a Body Shop at an airport. I haven't tested the Body Shop's perfume products in a while and generally overlook them, very much like VS or B&BW. Every once in a while I find something I really like, and it's discontinued.

I do think the Body Shop knocked it out of the park with this one, though. It is an outstanding realistic rose fragrance; that smells like a rose garden in the morning. My father grew roses (he had over 100 hybrid teas by 1966) and I grew them as an adult for show and had 40 or so when I lived up north. I live in the deep South now, and roses get leggy in this climate and I have moved on to things that do really well down here, like gardenias.

This reminds me so much of going out in the morning to cut the blossoms and tend to them before I went to work, when the dew was still on the petals and the scent of them hung in the air.

miza norizan
miza norizan

very light and airy, smells like when you sit in a garden full of roses and when the wind blows towards you, you catch a whiff of it. Inoffensive perfume, someone else can only smell it only if they sit close to you, so it is quite a personal perfume.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Nice fresh rose, although the citrus is a bit sour at first. Dewy fresh picked sort of rose scent. Light, better for day time wear.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

I consider Atlas Mountain Rose to be a nearly perfect treatment of rose. A lot of the time I find rose perfumes overloaded with other ingredients that make them smell either chemical or pungent (Stella, Very Irresistible, Midnight Rose). As compared to the other "main" TBS rose scent White Smoky Rose--Atlas Mountain Rose is a purer, more "floral" rose. AMR is innocent, romantic, timeless, sophisticated and chic. I have feeling this could become my new date perfume standby.

I am really hoping that the perfume oil lasts and has good sillage because this is quite pretty and a steal. <3

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

lovely rose scent light fresh....unlike tea rose but doesn't last

LisaMari
LisaMari

Pleasant but really airy and forgetable

Aromawander
Aromawander

I agree with Clickingpenguin here - Atlas Mountain Rose is a must-have for every rose junkie..and why not? It's the perfect combination of fresh dewy rose and citrus notes that will make anyone around you want to be around you for longer time! I agree with all reviewers who say this is lighter, musk-free version of the Moroccan Rose fragrance. Though relatively more linear, this fragrance is all the more pleasant because of its easy affordability too!

Easily an inoffensive day-time perfume with a comfortable sillage that sits pretty close to skin. In Indian summer I've found it works better as a body spray than a perfume, but then I sometimes layer it with Jovan White Musk to make it more suitable for night, and that just adds much more drama to it, extending the longevity and sillage.

nhudahasan
nhudahasan

Start off lovely rose and citrusy, morphs out into something else. For sure i dont like the later smell. Its kinda give me headache. Pass

clickingpenguin
clickingpenguin

Every rose junkie should at least try this. In my opinion, it is one of the truest rose scents I've ever smelled. I would put it up there with Stella and Bvlgari Rose Essentielle, but it doesn't last as long as I would like it to. Still, it's amazing. And it's inexpensive, so you can apply it more than once in a day without feeling like you're spraying your money away.

Trailkatt
Trailkatt

I adore this scent! I tried Pacifica Persian Rose at the same time as Atlas Mountain Rose and to me Atlas Mountain Rose wins hands down. While Pacifica Persian Rose smells like old fashioned rose potpourri to my nose, Atlas Mountain Rose is a beautiful fresh smelling rose. The perfume oil lasts for quite a while on well moisturized skin and also layers well with other scents. I especially like to layer it with Lavanila Pure Vanilla.

demonicpretty
demonicpretty

Pretty much a dead ringer for Roses de Chloe! Sheer, fresh roses! The longevity for this is pretty good (around 5 hours) and it sits a little close to the skin. Would make a great scent for a warm spring day.

samlovefragrance
samlovefragrance

occasionally i am guilty of cheap thrills and sometimes it pays off!
surprisingly good sheer rose scent. Upon application i get rose petals and even the green stems and i love that! smells natural enough and not perfumey or sickly sweet. it's sillage is fresh and sparkly. the best from the line.

anagials
anagials

The Body Shop broke my heart when they discontinued Moroccan Rose. I tried on Atlas Mountain Rose this morning, expected not liking it. Yet, it stole my heart by surprise. Atlas Mountain Rose is indeed a true rose. To be precise, it's an early morning-dew Moroccan rose. The previous TBS Moroccan Rose is deep and sensual, whereas Atlas Mountain Rose is playful and light-hearted.

Overall, it's a lovely, feminine, refreshing, and inoffensive rose scent. I actually love it (a little bit) more than Moroccan Rose. I'm buying another this weekend just in case The Body Shop decides to discontinue it and break my heart again.

izainbox
izainbox

It smells very feminine on paper. Unfortunately, when I wore it, it smelled acidic and synthetic on my skin. I gave it to my sister. It smells great on her. Maybe it just doesn't suit my body chemistry.

katuliena
katuliena

soooo georgeous light, fresh, feminine fragrance. Just love it. It doesnt last long, but I dont mind reapply it

This fragrance doesn't smell roses in general. I even can't say that I feel the rose note clearly enough here. There are enough fragrances that smell roses even with a cheaper price. Fail(

EwieBro
EwieBro

As i went to The Body Shop my first target was the Japanese Cherry Blossom one. But it was so, like, dry and floral idk
Anyway, i tried the Atlas Mountain Rose, and it smelt amazing! First, i could figure out why i did like this one better, but when saw the notes it hit me! Its the citrus!
When you spray this you immitiatly get this fresh burst of citrus, and then it dries down to a fresh rose smell. Not a old fashioned rose, but a fresh, clear, one. I would defianly recommed this scent! I like it very much.

darcy2

I tested all of the scents from this new line from the Body Shop while waiting for a flight at the Charlotte Airport recently. Of all of them, I like the Atlas Mountain Rose the best. I have been looking for another rose scent that wouldn't break the bank in my collection; and this is a very nice, realistic rose fragrance that fits that bill nicely. I already have The Perfume Factory's Tea Rose, which is a sillage monster that is simply too much for me, and YSL Paris, which is lovely but has a lot of violet in it. This is a light, airy rose that could be worn to the office. I like the modern take on this, rose fragrances frequently have a vintage feel to them and this does not at all. It is like many Body Shop creations, rather linear, but it wore comfortably close to the skin, and I could still detect it 4 hours later. Lovely.

nightcat23
nightcat23

This is just a beautiful true rose scent. The citrus gives it a bit of freshness and the musk gives it airiness and keeps it light and the amber is faint in the background but gives it a bit of warmth. It does smell similar to Moroccan Rose however this one is lighter and more whimsical while Moroccan Rose is spicier, darker and slightly exotic.

Chocobaby
Chocobaby

Creamy, musky rose. It's quite linear on my skin but very comforting.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

SOAP! Starts out lovely, morphs into something else. Pass...

DiBonD
DiBonD

It surprises me because it's said to contain rose but doesn't smell rose-y at all. Instead, it's quite fresh in my opinion.

Red Rose

update:
sorry I didn't update earlier as I tried this weeks ago. It's very similar to moroccan rose, only moroccan rose has that zist about it unlike this one, less musky & more fresh.

This is very close to Paul Smith "Rose" or TBS "Morrocan Rose". But the staying power is not as good as with Paul Smith.

PinkyStuff
PinkyStuff

I got the Atlas Mountain Rose (AMR) perfume oil expecting to be something different from Moroccan Rose, but for me, they're too similar and it's kind of hard to tell the difference. If you're a fan of the now discontinued Moroccan Rose, you don't have to worry.

And here are the notes of the AMR perfume oiI and EDT (the notes are the same for both), and I got the information from the Japanese TBS website:

TOP NOTES: Rose, floral notes, spices
HEART NOTES: Mimose, orange
BASE NOTES: Rose, cedarwood, vanilla, musk

As you can see, the notes are too similar to the Moroccan Rose EDT. The only difference is that the discontinued one had citrus notes in it, which fades really fast.

This is a real rose, a little bit green and grassy, and the mimose is strong. The flower gives a warm feeling to the heart. It reminds me of garden party! Not soapy, not sweet, not old fashioned kind of rose.

The perfume oil is really nice. I'm impressed because it's very powerful, the sillage is quite big. It lasts for just a couple of hours but I don't mind it; it's too cheap and too good already! I absolutely LOVE TBS.

glitterstar181
glitterstar181

miss the old body shop perfume oils :(

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

I tried this on my skin today and ended up loving it. At first spray, it was one dimensional rose- very pretty and feminine, but nothing new.

However after about an hour, the rose mingles with a hint of subtle musk and you have a beautiful scent with a sort of clean laundry smell. It's really lovely. It would be ideal for work as it smells clean and feminine but is never in your face or loud or cloying.

Marianne, DK
Marianne, DK

For me this is a subdued version of Cartier's So Pretty, a lost favourite of mine. The only difference I sense is the strength, and I enjoy this one quite as much.

Toom_Snoopy
Toom_Snoopy

This is much better than morocan rose or previous rose line from TBS. I agree that is similar to Paul Smith but it is sweeter. Another my beloved rose fragrance that is so fresh, natural, dewy, and not synthetic. If you love Paul Smith Rose, you'll love this!

lilou
lilou

Nice, fresh and musky. Lovely, one of the best rose fragrances according to me. For all women.
Correct lasting power.

siying.hong

Moroccon Rose is more citrus that this. I think this is really feminine and romantic, a true rose. and a great alternative to Paul Smith Rose.

siying.hong

Totally smells like Paul Smith Rose. I was so surprised. haha.

Red Rose

Thanks Shwets, I only find the night jasmin, it smells strong, this one along with the other three still not there yet. I'll update when I try this one out along with lily & cherry blossom as I won't try vanilla, I found out it gives me the worst headach ever.

Shwets

Not to worry Red Rose, this range is similar to Moroccan Rose but better! In London it is available in stores now.

Red Rose

Too bad morocan rose is being discontinued, I should warn my mother then as it's one of her favorite :(
This range will hit the stores world wide in late August early septemper I guess. If this is any similar to rose the one, escada rose or paul smith rose I may give it a try.

Shwets

This fragrance is available in the 100ml body mist, 50ml eau de toilette and 15ml perfume oil.
The perfume oil starts of fruity similar to the discontinued cassis rose and Moroccan Rose then dries down and remains close to the skin reminding me of the dry down of the discontined Tea rose perfume oil but not cloying and syrupy sweet. More delicate light powder rose scent unlike the lush sweet type. Reminds me of Moroccan rose without the sourness on my skin. Plus neither the perfume oil or edt irritate my nose.

Update: Morrocan Rose has been replaced with this range (UK)

Atlas Mountain Rose by The Body Shop 4.04 out of 5 based on 166 ratings and 40 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about The Body Shop Atlas Mountain Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about The Body Shop Atlas Mountain Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Atlas Mountain Rose by The Body Shop. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Atlas Mountain Rose by The Body Shop represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.