Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

Cassis Rose The Body Shop for women

Cassis Rose The Body Shop for women
dislike

Cassis Rose is a fruity-floral fragrance for women introduced in 2006. Top notes fondle with passionate and sweet waves of raspberry and black currant. A heart encompasses rose, freesia and violet, while base notes introduce musk, sandalwood and cedar. The perfume is available as 30ml edt, with an accompanying body care collection.

Black Currant Raspberry

Cassis Rose Perfume Oil

Cassis Rose Fragrance Reviews

Soutty123
Soutty123

Before my daughter was born I was told I would have to have a c-section. I went into hospital the day before she was born with a load of Body Shop Cassis Rose stuff - the shower gel, body lotion, body spray and EdP. I remember having a shower the night before, feeling nervous but excited. I remember the smell surrounding me so vividly.

After she was born I used it all up and probably went back to my pre-pregnancy favourites (I went off a lot of my fragrances when I was pregnant). I wish I had some lef just for nostalgia's sake.

I am not big on florals but I like a good rose scent and this was a good rose scent - especially for the price.

pineapple_express
pineapple_express

I miss. Love. Adore. Crave this perfume. It was my favorite fragrance in high school after purchasing the body spray on a whim.

If you have one you'd like to give to me I will gladly kill your enemy for it in return. Or give you my first-born child.

kelly.locke.79
kelly.locke.79

At first this you smell the fruitiness and on the dry down you can smell roses. There is a sweetness to this fragrance which is why I bought it. Not something I would usually think of trying but after testing it at the store I was pleasantly surprised

mystica
mystica

Raspberry, blackberry and rose notes in the Body Shop's Cassis Rose are (or rather were) quite detectable yet extremely chemical. I had ordered it blind hoping to get something which would smell of roses, but it turned as an artificially sweet stuff. I couldn't wear it much indeed.

frckls
frckls

I wasn't a fan of the perfume at first. Felt it was too sickeningly sweet. But after I gave it a try a few more times, the true fragrance of rose started to hit me and stick on my skin for quite some time. This is one perfume that my boyf really, really loves. He hates grandmas smell, and sometimes rose fragrances depict that image. I have a couple of boutique perfume with truer rose smell, and he despises all of them. But this, he loves.

jinjun
jinjun

I love Cassis Rose shower gel and soap, I was very upset when the line was discontinued. The scent is not as suitable for a fragrance, it is somewhat too light, however I still stocked up on it. Look forward to finding something similar.

this is sweet roses at the start and then a bold red rose as it drys down. not too long lasting sadly, but very nice while it does last. the black currant gives it a nice little kick and i believe, the initial sweetness. a fine rose perfume for casual wear. just be prepared to spritz often.

Jazzku
Jazzku

I rembember this as more similar to room scents than any perfume that i like.
I was given this as a gift, and wore it one day to please the person who gave it to me.
As i was eating lunch with my colleagues one of the men actually said "Do you smell that? That horrible stench of grandmas cheap perfume?"
Haven't used it since.
Maybe me and my colleague just aren't big on the smell of roses?

candymarie
candymarie

Authentic smelling roses and berries, very fresh and uplifting, and a unique scent. Too bad it's discontinued and replaced by more generic, cheap and synthetic smelling offerings. And I don't mind if it fades quickly, it's EDT, it's not supposed to last all day.

pisyuchan
pisyuchan

calming, the scent of the rose and freesia is good, but not long lasting

jennyh
jennyh

Very rosy and soft, doesn't last long. But, it's a cute, small size that would fit great in a purse for a quick spritz. It's a pretty scent, but I also agree with the other reviewers who said it would be better as a room freshener!

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Smells like gucci envi me and I LOVE IT!

xyelox
xyelox

the second fragrance and the only fragrance i kept on buying (up to 3 bottles)
this was my signature fragrance on 2006-2007
i even bought its body lotion and shower gel
i must say i really loved it
the rose and berries are very prominent
i was planning on finishing my last bottle
until i heard that TBS already discontinued this item, i stop using it ha X)
its a shame though, this is a very good fragrance (even if it does not stayed long and i keep on applying it)
they must have been replacing it with the moroccan rose

mysr01
mysr01

I love this scent. I wore this perfume whenever I'm on a date with my ex. He loved it too. but unfortunately, my last bottle finished shortly after i broke up. What a bummer, but I loved it.
It's very romantic and yet elegant in my view. :)

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

Cassis Rose is great for what it is.
I bought a git set (shower gel, body lotion, 30ml EdT, 100ml body splash) for £ 9 which was half price and I do not regret it.
The shower gel and body lotion minis were great travel sizes for holidays abroad and I used them for that.
I finished the EdT soon after wearing it in the office and I still have some of the body splash left which is a wonderful product and I often use it after the bath or shower in the evening.
It makes me feel even cleaner and when I go to bed I am surrounded by a light rose scent with a hint of dark berries.
If you do not expect this budget perfume to be better than your expensive favourite, then you will/can not be disappointed.
I knew I grabbed a bargain and I enjoyed using the products.

narcotic
narcotic

I'm surprised at the cool reception this perfume gets on Fragrantica - I think it really gives other cassis-influenced rose scents (like Very Irresistable Givenchy) a run for their money.

It's a simple, graceful linear rose with the ubiquitous berry notes thrown in for good measure. Although I wish the drydown lasted a little longer (who doesn't?), it's a pretty good scent to pick if you're sick of stuffy cheap rose essence. I like it a lot.

Passionflower
Passionflower

Quite a nice fragrance, but too invisible and common for my taste. I'd buy it as a showergel, but I wouldn't want to smell like this all day.

kat267
kat267

someone gave me this as a gift once - unfortunately it gave me a headache after a very short space of time.

guest_shanz
guest_shanz

This used to be my fav(when i was young and poor)Still keep a bottle now juz to be sentimental

tonni
tonni

I bought BVLGARI rose essentielle and TBS cassis rose with the some notes including rose and black currant.
But they are own huge differences,BVLAGRI is wonderful while TBS is horrible,The worst rose scent I own.

naya85
naya85

i love this perfume, but the smells just nice.... not long-lasting on my skin... ;)

pearlprincess
pearlprincess

I had this perfume not long ago.

It was a gift, and a lovely one at that! The sweet, tanginess of rasberry was right on and the light but bubbly rose was present. The blackcurrant teamed up with the rose to give this a strong scent backed up by the faint musk.

It's a good light perfume and can fit in anyone's purse. A good scent for indoor parties, especially during the early summer season. ^_^

Scent 7/10

Staying Power 5/10

The berries are very pronounced in Body Shop CASSIS ROSE, making it a very fruity floral. But the fruits are not too sugary, as they are tamed by the musk, which emerges along with everything else in a linear presentation, to my nose. The dominant notes are raspberry, cassis, and rose.

This is a perfectably respectable everyday fruity floral, a bottle of which I managed to use up "juste comme cela," although it's a bit fruity for my tastes and I probably won't buy it again.

amber_glow
amber_glow

It smells nice and pleasant, dominantly rose on my skin.

But it is not unique and it is not a scent that I want to use for a long time. My bottle is almost finished I won't buy a second.

Allegra
Allegra

I'm usually not in favour of pure rose scent in any way but this one is kinda different compared to other rose-based fragrances, partially due to its berry notes. Cassis goes well with floral notes and so does raspberry. It is a gentle scent with many underlying nuances (makes great air freshener!) but unfortunately not a long-lasting one.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I liked the way it smelled when first put on. Then I couldn't smell it anymore. I prefer more lasting and complex perfumes.

aquairis
aquairis

at first I love it, but then I am bored... better for a room spray rather than a perfume. very nice rose smell, but can't last long

miss_luna
miss_luna

I have it because it was given to me TWICE as a gift "the whole set" although I don't really like it!

The smell is too boring and it actually better be used as a room spray. The lasting power is totally disappointing too.

Kama
Kama

I had this scent and used to love it...
it is like cheaper version of Stella;)
smells very smilar!

cnck
cnck

i always have a bottle in my closet not because it's one of my favorites, for the days that i feel too ordinary to wear something else:) wish it had stronger heart and base notes,i could call it a real fragrance then...

coco76
coco76

i have this scent for my oil burner, and it is a very delicious almost berry-like smell. it is a little more of a grown-up smell than bodyshop's vanilla but it still has nuances of sweetness. i would recommend anyone to buy the bodyshop's oil burner and accompanying oils.

aysegulucuk
aysegulucuk

actually doesnot feel like in a bed of rose as it advertised ..:)..more likely in a strawberry field with a few rose in your hand..:))

Marianne
Marianne

I like the top notes - fruity, delicious and with this lovely rose scent.
Unfortunately, it doesn't last very long...

Cassis Rose by The Body Shop 3.75 out of 5 based on 172 ratings and 33 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about The Body Shop Cassis Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about The Body Shop Cassis Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cassis Rose by The Body Shop. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cassis Rose by The Body Shop represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.