Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

Dewberry Perfume Oil The Body Shop for women

Dewberry Perfume Oil The Body Shop for women
dislike

Dewberry Perfume Oil by The Body Shop is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Top notes are black currant, grapefruit, red apple and pear; middle notes are freesia, lily-of-the-valley, rose and jasmine; base notes are peach, apricot, cedar and musk.

Black Currant Grapefruit Red Apple Pear

Cheap & Chic I Love Love

Dewberry Perfume Oil Fragrance Reviews

GBraque
GBraque

I'm not too sophisticated to say I loved it all those years ago and would probably still proudly wear it should the Body Shop ever bring it back!

diamondkite
diamondkite

I used to over-apply this for the (under-age) club, like every other aussie teenage girl circa 1990. It's a zesty red berry scent, both tart & sweet in equal proportions.
ALSO here we had one called 'Fuzzy Peach' (not on the data base ?) which actually smells a lot like Keiko Mecheri 'Peau De Peche'.
I still have both so might bring them back to life this coming summer. Why not?

teadrinker
teadrinker

I was in love with this stuff in high school, and I still think the scent is okay- if I saw some in a sale I'd probably buy it, but wouldn't go out of my way for it. The scent is hard to describe, but, like other reviewers, it epitomizes TBS to me. I always associate this scent with the color purple, likely because I loved those melt-away bath oil beads. The dewberry ones were always purple!

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

dewberry was one of my favorite scents when i was a young teenager. it was sweet but had that tartness from the black currant that i so loved. i can't imagine wearing it now, but it has a special place in my heart and memories. <3

Carnelian
Carnelian

Fresh floral green, sweet and tart-fruity at the same time, I loved Dewberry. It wasn't like the overly candy-sweet fruity flora with patchouli frags that have been popular the past decade. Can't pick individual notes out. Reminds me of eco events in spring and summer in high school back in the 90's, smelled this everywhere.

Siv55
Siv55

Smelled this in the early 90's and did not like it then. It seemed to simply be strong fruit, a bit cloying, and I couldn't understand why anyone would want it. Those who liked it probly went on to wear Escada of some kind.

stefafra
stefafra

Used it a lot when it existed a spray edt, then the shop moved, I moved, and we parted way.
Got a lot of compliments when I was wearing it, from very unexpected people, may be because it was smelling so edible ;-)
I have an old bottle at my mum's place, that did not move with me, and sometime still use it, just for old times sake. And still like it.

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

This perfume makes me feel nostalgic for my teenage years; it's still my 'method perfume' when I go to a 1990s theme party. Back then I had every Dewberry product – the perfume oil, the eau de toilette (which I still have), the soap, the moisturiser – and believed strongly in the 'layering' principles I read about in magazines. People must have smelled me coming from miles away!

These days I find it way too sweet and fruity and it gives me a headache, but I'll always think fondly of it as my first signature scent.

queenkey
queenkey

Memories indeed! I stumbled across The Body Shop years ago. At the time I bought several oils Dewberry, Deep Woods, Juba, WinterDew, Mandarin. Then a couple of years later bought Egyptian Musk. All of these were in small round plastic bottles with black caps.

Then another shopping spree bought Activist, Moonflower I think, with the black round top. Found Freesia, Sandalwoody with the black square top and frosted round glass.

Went to a thrift shop a couple of weeks ago and I could not believe my eyes found Tea Rose and Lilac in the glass case with other articles.

I loved TBS, back in the day. But now it doesn't carry the volume it did. Never had any of the oils to spoil on me, even though they are in plastic bottles. I always stored them out of natural and sunlight. My best of the bunch was Deep Woods,
I only have a couple of drops left. I always got compliments when I combined with with Evelyn & Crabtree, Savannah Gardens. So Sad to lose both!

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

THE BODY SHOP PERFUME OIL BAR - WHY , OH WHY DID THEY DO AWAY WITH IT !!

Quoting "elderflowers" - " Dewberry is still bottled teenage kicks for me. Now that it looks like being canned permanently, I'm getting a niggling desire to own a final few ml of the stuff – just in case I ever need to trigger a few memory episodes for my own Proustian life-history."

I quite agree! Like most of us on this page , i wore this oil circa 1987 - 1992. I recall great excitement when TBS first opened up , the "perfume oil bar" was testing heaven for all us youngsters..... Saturday afternoons were akin to a rugby scrum as we all clamoured to get to that glittering glass and chrome shrine of scent !Dewberry oil is my youth bottled

The perfume oil bar was quite new and different at the time , and as us youngsters only choice up until then were the "grown up" parfum counters , usually ran by strict older females who DID NOT tolerate groups of teen girls spraying out there expensive tester perfumes, (and who can blame them! , we could never of afforded the goods , and were just after getting a free dousing of perfume!) In contrast the Body Shop not only tolerated , but they actively encouraged testing , and mixing of oils to make your own " special scents" - , HOORAY ! GREAT FUN !!

I think the BS had thus cornered the "teen" market of the mid 80s- early 90s , which was'nt really catered for much back then in the UK. Unlike the USA which has seems to have been always had a vast range of scents for all ages and pockets , we didnt have much to choose from ..........There was the "high end parfum" counters in department stores , and then cheap Impulse body sprays and £1 market stall fake Dior Poison's to be had , and that was it , NO "teen" or "celeb" frags to be had ...........So , hats of to the BS , they catered for us teens very well.

I speak of all this in the past tense as I actually do miss the "perfume oil bar" concept. Sat here typing and reminising , i can almost smell the "dewberry" , "sandalwood" , "tea rose" , "patchouli" ( popular with young lads of a rocker or goth persuasion) , and of course the ever popular "white musk"

TBS was also of decent quality and affordable. The scents were also innocent and age- appropriate for youngsters , nothing overtly sexy or skanky . My Mother approved of the BS Oils 100% .......unlike my Dior poison dupe/copy which she said was "too old" for me - of course she didnt mean old in that its a "granny scent" , but "old" as in its too suggestive , sexual and a man eater fragrance for a 13 yr old girl to wear. To try bribe me to bin the poison dupe , my Mother bought me a few different BS gift sets one Christmas. DEWBERRY was my favorite. I recall it was a quite a "cold" feeling fruity oil , and therefore it was good to wear in the snowy months.

Does anyone remember an oil called "Winter Dew" ....I recall having that as a gift set too. I think you got an oil , a deo spray ( which was strong enough as a perfume in its own right!) and a body lotion. Id love to get my hands on that again . Its too far back to remember the notes , what i DO remember is that it was a gorgeous winter spicy berry/woody combo and i was quite in love with it. All the other girls wore "dewberry" , "vanilla" or "white musk" , so i liked the fact i had my own semi-unique scent too.

My mind is made up , i MUST track down bottles , or samples of these scents of my youth. Im pretty sure one little sniff will transport me back to the carefree days of my teens .........

I must confess i havent set foot inside a BS for years , I lost interest when they removed the perfume bar. From doing a quick google , it seems I am not alone. many perfume bloggers have lamented the loss too. These days i prefer LUSH for my natural soaps ect , but you can bet id be RACING down to the BS if they were to ever reinstate there "Perfume Bar" . They would surely regain plenty of "lost" customers such as myself , and I think the teens of today would appreciate those fantastic oils which have been a BIG part of us "Oldies" youth.

Happy Sniffing ! And if anyone had any old BS oils they want to sell or swap , you know where to come!

krmarich
krmarich

I still have a little bit left from TBS in a plastic bottle. Ah, such memories. I used to buy purple bars of Dewberry soap regularly and wash my face every morning before rushing off to class in college-circa 1992. I thankfully have stashed my little dram of oil away that seems perfectly fine after 21 years.

Foolish me always thought "dewberries" were real, like gooseberries or lychees. I had no idea they a unique blend of fruits that would pave the way for the gourmand. I miss TBS at my local mall. Its been bulldozed and turned into a park since...Much like the reputation of TBS by L'Oreal Paris, who still tests on animals. How ironic!

elderflowers
elderflowers

Ah, TBS Dewberry nostalgia – one whiff of this, and I'm back in senior school. There are oil dupes out there, but most similar mainstream scent around today, to my nose, is Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy (I'm not too familiar with Fuel for Life, which IIRC seemed a bit more sophisticated, which is not hard). Either are tame compared to the neon-berry-melon Frankenfruit of the original Dewberry oil, about as all-natural as a sherbet Dip-Dab and available for any schoolgirl's pocket money.

Nothing else around at the time smelled so luridly fruity, and probably nothing else ever should. I used to imagine a team of mad scientists inventing this, and running cackling from the lab to show their beautiful creation to Ms. Anita Roddick. It would take a bold nose to sniff this for this first time and say 'Yup, this is going to sell like gangbusters', and TBS these days takes no risks at all.

I was never crazy about it, and didn't wear it myself (my Body Shop oil was Tea Rose, a rose powerhouse that needed a more careful touch than I gave it) – but Dewberry is still bottled teenage kicks for me. Now that it looks like being canned permanently, I'm getting a niggling desire to own a final few ml of the stuff – just in case I ever need to trigger a few memory episodes for my own Proustian life-history.

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

So many memories :) I believe it is for every age!!!

Jomoves
Jomoves

Anyone who grew up in the 80s will remember this as the signature scent that engulfed you the minute you walked into your local Body Shop. There's not much to say about this sweet, youthful fragrance that smells like - surprise! - berries. I was once fascinated by Anita Roddick, the Body Shop founder and avidly read her books on her alternative approach to business. I kinda lost interest when I heard that The Body Shop had been sold to L'Oreal. It seemed so at odds with all the things I had read about Anita and the company.

Whenever I smell this now it reminds me that when it comes to business - even supposedly alternative ones - the bottom line really is the bottom line, and that hippies are often the worst kind of capitalists.

Sigh.

NanAxlRose
NanAxlRose

Oh wow, Dewberry, what a memory from my high school days... So sweet, young, fruity, though very different than other fruity fragrances. Now I can´t find it anywhere! But if I did find it, I guess I wouldn´t love/wear it as much as I used to...

geekweevil
geekweevil

When I started my first job, my trainer would upend a bottle of this onto her head every morning, tea break, lunchtime and afternoon tea break and pour it over herself. The scent formed something almost visual, it radiated out her a bit like a shield suit in the movie Dune. No one was going to get to HER with a crysknife...

So...
while it's strongly associated in my mind with a girl with dreadful 90s hair called 'Kylie' - I had another go at this recently out of morbid curiosity for my past.

I love the scent. It's strong and in-ya-face and I think i'd have to be much younger to wear it. I would love to smell it on others but not for me.

I'm going to keep the bottle, sniff it every now and then, and think of really bad hair scrunchies.

kathcat
kathcat

I see alot say no go to wearing Dew Berry am nearing 50 years. Like it as an everyday scent I wore it strong in the late 80's 90's now lightly. Another scent for evenings out.

Ducktail
Ducktail

I used this as a home fragrance. I'd put droplets all around the house and just loved the sweet scent wafting elegantly everywhere. I find it fresh, sweet, clean and classic. I've never used it on myself though. I'm not into sweeter scents on my skin but who knows? I might just give it a try!

efm
efm

I have a small tin of solid Dewberry of indeterminable age.
It smells like it looks - bubblegum pink goop.
I believe it would work for a very young girl just starting to wear scent. Good present for 12 -15 year old.

pure auburn
pure auburn

a classic nostalgic scent- men seem to just love it.

guest_dianamite
guest_dianamite

I'm 37...and I still wear and like TBS Dewberry. A scent can smell wildly different on each person; and this one only seems to get me compliments. It's relatively subtle and non-sweet on me, I think... I'm more casual/sporty (triathlete) than sophisticated, though.
I'll check out that Diesel scent mentioned - sounds nice.

eustacia42
eustacia42

This is better (for me) as a body wash than a perfume, but maybe if I mixed it with some vanilla...

truffles
truffles

Berries! This was such an 80s schoolgirl trend along with White Musk. It's not unpleasant, I just never wanted to smell of berries personally.

beautyinthemundane
beautyinthemundane

If you, like me, ADORED Dewberry as a teenager (for me it was probably '92-'94 when I wore this religiously), then you may want to try Diesel's Fuel For Life, as the opening of that scent reminds me of Dewberry a lot, but is far, far more sophisticated and a lot less sweet, simplistic and linear. Just a tip if you still kinda like this scent, but are looking for something a bit more grown-up!

9154mf
9154mf

I have a bottle of this original oil, its not my fave TBS scent but its a nice light fruity sweet scent.

Yay I got this.

Love it. Gives you a soft summery feeling!

sky76sky
sky76sky

Every time I stand in Lush or the Body Shop I can feel that sharp pain above my left eye....an approaching perfume headache. Somewhere in that heady, melting pot of scents is Dewberry & it is that little 'delight' that meant I had an almost perpetual perfume headache throughout my school years.

Please, if you're young, don't over apply this fruit-candy concoction...& if you're older, you should know better! ;p

Mirandapanda
Mirandapanda

I never liked this very much - who wants to smell like a jar of boiled sweets?

dreamy8000
dreamy8000

bought this today...total blast from the past....smells exactly as i remember it....sweet, fruity, and great value for money

perryforever
perryforever

OMG - I used to wear this as a teenager and I loved it to death. Recently, I noticed that the Bodyshop was doing it again, so I got some. I've only worn it a couple of times... it's too basic for me now. I like more expensive scents. I do use it as a room freshner tho.

Allegra
Allegra

God, another "relic" from the late 80's and early 90's... :) I liked Dewberry a lot when I was a teenager, but wouldn't wear it anymore.

Dewberry Perfume Oil by The Body Shop 3.77 out of 5 based on 112 ratings and 31 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about The Body Shop Dewberry Perfume Oil fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about The Body Shop Dewberry Perfume Oil, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dewberry Perfume Oil by The Body Shop. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dewberry Perfume Oil by The Body Shop represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.